Unpopular Opinion Thread

Feel free to drop your honesty bombs here.

I'll begin: Dark Souls is overrated as fuck.

Attached: UO.jpg (225x225, 13K)

Blasfemous is anti-Christian but still an enjoyable game for Christians.

Attached: ko.png (291x397, 69K)

Playing a JRPG is about as exciting as watching paint dry.

Learn how to fucking spell you goddamn moron

FFXIV has the greediest most blatantly jew monetization model of any game on the market currently yet everyone simply ignores it.

Lightning is the worst video game protagonist of all the time on top of having the worst armpits.

OP is not a faggot

Attached: 1535290533870.gif (384x239, 3M)

seeFing

Attached: lol.png (512x512, 123K)

I don't know how unpopular this might be, but here I go:

Exclusives are just an abusive and lazy way of keeping the consoles still relevant. With those politics the only losers are the customers and the gaming world would be a much better place if we had laws against exclusive games.

I legitimately want to buy a Switch but I have no money.

Attached: 29b66f824549f64a2905b6782ca457131964f735fa58b44f65731ce9b3311043.png (489x517, 423K)

Cyberpunk 2077 is going to be fine

Zelda and Mario games are for children

why?

Kind of a confession as well but;
I can't tell if my disinterest in the Sony exclusives is based on sour grapes or not (I have an Xbox and Switch).

I wouldn't say so. Maybe just knowing you can't have it makes it easier to ignore.

VR sounds really exciting on paper but it's still a fucking meme without any content that makes the steep investment necessary worth it

I was over at a friend's house and he was playing Spiderman and I was watching it and thought "yeah this is not something I'd want to play, I'd just boot up Arkham City if I wanted to". at the same time God of War was my favorite game in 2018 (played it on my brother's PS4) so obviously there's some variation despite my general feeling.

- Didn't bring anything new or refreshing to the table.
- Instead of taking advantage of new technologies and tendencies it pretty much repeats formulas of a dead era of gaming, like old NES or Arcade games.
- I don't mind slow, strategic games, but for an action game is slow as fuck.
- Story? Lore? The way those games tell the story might be original but it's certainly not a good way to do it.
- It looks awful. The first one looks like trash, and even the new ones are still mostly black, gray and brown.
- Manages dying often poorly. In games like Hotline Miami you die yet you get back into action in a heartbeat, here you gotta go through a slow and painful process to get back into game.
- Some stuff in the game is pretty much made to be annoying rather than challenging.
- The rpg elements are a decoration. The game would be almost the same if we took them away to focus on the action aspect.
- Got its fame thanks to hardcore fanboys who forced it into some kind of meme that ended up turning into a successful franchise thanks to it. Being hard isn't a trait that makes a game good by itself.

I'm not saying the game is utter shit, I'm just saying is not as good as its fanbase believes.

As someone who plays sports games they've been making strides to make the Ultimate Team and it's equivalents less greedy and jewy. It's so easy to get loads of free packs, you can potentially earn up to 80,000+ coins each week from just winning at the game which isn't that hard and the free packs have decent odds of getting good players as opposed to when this started a few years ago. Furthermore FIFA 20 and PES 20 are the best iterations of both games yet. Yet people who don't play them just spew whatever their favorite misinformed outrage oriented gaming youtube tells them.
>inb4 my 2k slots
That's just how they distribute rewards and daily bonuses, you can't use real money to spin the slot or drop the pachinko.

The Vita is one of the best handhend consoles out there.
>t. someone who has over 6000 hours played on it according to Sony's newsletter

dead space 3, lost planet 3 and fear 2 were enjoyable enough to be worth playing