Friendly reminder that Utawarerumono is on sale on PSN and you can get 2&3 for 20 bucks...

Friendly reminder that Utawarerumono is on sale on PSN and you can get 2&3 for 20 bucks. It's a VN with some SRPG elements mixed in to keep it fresh, so if you like war dramas and post apocalyptic stuff you should probably give it a go.

Attached: 1538345453382.jpg (1920x1080, 622K)

Funnily enough I just downloaded the first one this morning, though I haven't played it yet. Seriously though user, Yea Forums VN threads are a bad idea, they mostly end up being shitposting about nothing since Yea Forums' stance on Visual Novels is questionable

Did put these on sale to cash in on the whole 2 people who bought zan who didn't play any of the others? Out of the like 20 people total who bought that trash anyways.
This is has an srpg in it though.

Attached: Utawarerumono_ ZAN_20190911135648 - Copy.png (1920x1080, 1.67M)

It's the big in japan sale or some shit, there's a bunch of stuff on sale, but it's hard to search through all that shit and find the decent things.

>on PSN
Holy damn, thanks for a laugh OP

True, but in general Yea Forums doesn't like "excessive" storytelling or reading, a little gameplay here and there rarely changes that, unless it's a straight-up eroge like Evenicle and even then not always

There was no joke there.

Attached: 1541677546756.png (454x713, 279K)

I just had a look and there are some good things
>pretty much every DMC/RE
>unist for $15
>SC6 for $20
>ZOE2 $11
>GE3 50% off
>428 Shibuya Scramble $15
>Vesperia DE 50% off + berseria is $15
>KH 1+2 collection 50% off
>muramasa collection $10 as if anyone and everyone didn't already hack their vita
>bunch of konami games (ps2 classics, hard corps uprising, everything mgs, more contra stuff)
>The silver case $10
Also OP you forgot to mention that only the Vita version of Uta are on sale so really the sale is fucking worthless as far as that goes.

Attached: Utawarerumono_ ZAN_20190911015949.png (1920x1080, 2.63M)

See, that's the other issue. It's on sale for PS4 in EU since the sales don't have the same games in different regions.

>snoy weebshit for kumbranes

Yikes, please speedrun a gallon of bleach

I see resetera is back.

Guess sega/atlus usa are just fucking faggots then. Although more likely is they're just retarded and there was some real miscommunication with sony.

Attached: file.png (449x578, 266K)

>copy of Zan arrived today.
>have to finish Kiwami 2 first.
I'll get around to it.
Adding to this, all the Yakuza games are on sale.

Attached: 1559253707063.gif (298x269, 1.18M)

To be fair it's a game without any meaningful DLC, so you could make an UK account and just buy it there if you really wanted.

Attached: Utawarerumono_ Mask of Truth_20180925205532.jpg (1920x1080, 557K)

Good games. Recent and also best version of the first game is coming to EOPs in a few months. Might as well wait for that as opposed to starting on a sequel. Still good games either way. Stop making this thread here Yea Forums is a shithole. You'll invite nothing but shitposting.

No, they'll just die like usual unless it's one of the lucky times you can get a discussion in. There's very rarely the unsavory kind of shitposting except for threads that start with that image of Nosuri playing strip poker.

>VN threads are a bad idea because zoomers might say mean things!

Ignore all of that shit. Be the change you want to see.

What if I want to buy it physically?

I love this series but I can't bring myself to play yet another fucking Musou in my life. Not after everything. I do hope you can find it in your heart to enjoy it despite it being just another Musou.

I worry about nisa's translation of 1 but I suppose it can't be much worse than the mirror moon one we've had forever. Although for some reason they translated いい女 as "perfect woman" instead of "good woman" in zan. Which is odd since they kept Atuy saying love from the atlus translation.

Attached: Utawarerumono_ ZAN_20190911020024.png (1920x1080, 2.32M)

To be fair I've seen this exact thread twice this week and both times you could find posts in the quality of

I don't know. Look at amazon / ebay probably?

>musou
I fucking wish. It's a bare bones senran kagura game. Which are pretty much watered down musous to begin with. No territory control, combo tree is fucking embarassing (pic related) and nobody is even playing the multiplayer so dream arena is way harder than it should be.

Attached: Utawarerumono_ ZAN_20190913123210.png (1920x1080, 1.66M)

I don't have much experience with musous so it's fine for me.

>I worry about nisa's translation of 1
I've been seeing this stance quite often ever since it was announced. Could NISA possibly be as bad as you guys make it out to be? I mean, there's nothing I can think of in the first game that could possibly cause any ambiguity in translation. At least not off the top of my head.

Well if they pull a ys 8 it could very well be that bad. On the other hand Disgaea 5 and Labyrinth of refrain's translations at least read fine though I obviously can't speak to their accuracy since I don't know much nip.

Can I play them without playing the original? I've been interested in them but hearing 1 didn't get the same treatment as the others made me reluctant.

Attached: 1559173473675.jpg (500x467, 60K)

Not really. A remake of 1 is coming early 2020 or you can play the original on PC.

>Can I play them without playing the original?
It kind of sucks but yes it can be done. A lot of the uta western "fans" did that. Either just skipped the original alltogether or watched an anime and told themselves that counts. The only decent option is to play the first game which means either play the 2000 PC game or wait some 6 months for the remake to get translated. Unless you know JP in which case you can go play the remake right now.

2 yes, 3 no. 1 didn't get the same "treatment" at first because 2 came over a decade afterward and was intended to bring in new fans to the series and revitalize old fan's interest, which then led into 3 relying much more heavily on knowledge from the first game. The first game did get a remake but it'll be out in English next year.

Yes. Don't listen to the retards.

The first sequel yes, though there are a few returning characters you won't know, but they're tertiary cast members at best. The second one no, not unless you don't mind spoilers for the first game and not knowing what's happening in the last hour(s)

>new game is phone
How long until the next actual new game in the series? Phone shit doesn't count.

Phone game will flop and kill them.

Attached: It's Always Sunny at Aquaplus.png (800x600, 651K)

They already said they are working on a home console game as well.

That whole UI is just straight up Senran Kagura, they didn't even try.
Speaking of which the remake is worth 15€ even with that mode cut? I remember playing the original on the 3DS but the framerate on that was terrible.

Can that new Zan game be pirated?

Already got hard copies of the other two games and played the original long ago.

I loved Mask of Deception, it was really comfy and the ending made me tear up. But I've been playing Mask of Truth, and I don't have as much motivation to finish it, mainly because I'm somewhat spoiled on the ending, and because the war/political stuff is less interesting to me than the SoL. Is it worth me finishing it?

And what did you think of the first game?

With a hacked ps4 maybe but they aren't on pc. Also zan doesn't add story and is just a cliffnotes of 2 if you were thinking it was a sequel to 3.
Pretty much just burst with esitval versus's gameplay as far as I know so it should be at least decent. $15 is the max I would ever pay for it but I don't really think any SK game is worth over that.

It was OK overall I guess, but not even close to MoD.

Should I wait for first remake? I remember first version was kinda mess where you need to patch repatch voices

Just drop it and leave.

It's probably going to be that prequel they talked mentioned about Tuskur and the Black God vs. White God war which only hardcore fans will appreciate.

There is still plenty of SoL stuff in truth. Just less of it is contained in the main story.

Yeah, I know, but somehow it's just not as enjoyable to me. The focus is mostly on retaking the capital, and Haku's personality is replaced with "Oshtor". I would still say MoT is decent overall so far, but just not as good as I expected it to be. Maybe I'm just burnt out.

Is the original eroge one any good?

Just drop it.

Story wise it is great probably the best of the three games.

The longer the game goes on the more Haku slips and acts more like himself. Although I do admit the part where you go around talking to the different leaders does drag a bit.

2 + 3 had a way better story what the fuck are you on

>2 + 3 had a way better story what the fuck are you on
Not him but 3, sure. 2, not really. Though I can understand why someone who only watched the anime would come to that conclusion. Joining 2 and 3 for comparison together against 1 is hardly fair.

friendly reminder that this series jumps the shark hardcore with the sci-fi bullshit ruining what was otherwise a great story just because it was the style at the time that every VN needed some epic last minute twist

2 has the best story in the series though.

>epic last minute twist
Sci fi was a part of the first game since av kamu which is like halfway through.

I can't bring myself to slog through 1 though and it feels wrong to play false mask/mask of truth without it

>ai ai ai
>uchi... nani shiteru no ke?

>otherwise a great story
Nigger that shit was ingrained from the very start. The very fact he knew stuff about soil on a chemical level for farming was a dead giveaway. Plus that is trumped by the ancient gods anyways so who actually gives a shit.

Why is there a modern level?

2 had a marvelous finale. The story as a whole during the majority of the game's duration is the worst of the 3 to me. The bits of 2 that got the biggest reaction out of me, ending aside, were the bits where loved characters from 1 made an appearance, and it's no coincidence that the Tuskuru failed invasion was the best part aside from the ending.

This. The original author even said the concept of Utawarerumono was a mix of sci-fi, fantasy and religion in interviews.