Your game. Progress. Now

Your game. Progress. Now.

Attached: game-engines.png (890x400, 53K)

Other urls found in this thread:

webm.red/waab.webm
youtube.com/watch?v=_z-cXdFMByM
twitter.com/symphofight/status/1096523767143112704?lang=en
vocaroo.com/i/s0IdacOlSRR0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

what game

Thought up some new ideas for the gameplay mechanics. I'm just busy thinking of new songs before I get to work on anything else

I've redone the way ragdolls work, should be able to do fun stuff with it.

Attached: spellfist_crater01.jpg (1548x724, 482K)

i've finished the new cards

Attached: Duel Kinks 013.webm (1280x720, 2.36M)

I'm trying to fix my sleep schedule, then I'll work on my game.

shittly since I can't draw and I need sprites and that's gonna cost me a few hundreds for 1 character sheet I imagine

I'm working out some annoying errors and mechanics not working as intended, so I can't show progress yet.

I made it Yea Forumsros, I've completed the ASS.

Attached: ASS.jpg (434x779, 76K)

Not showing the fusion steps?

just going to slow down the game if i did that.
the focus is in other "things"
webm.red/waab.webm

someday I'll make it bros

Attached: numbs.png (1325x927, 277K)

What kinda game? What kinda art style you need?

I lost motivation for a couple of months, but I'm feeling more into it lately.
Gonna crack on with it and implement a bunch of mechanics I put off doing last time I was making progress.
Trying to add game pad support and a new mechanic for selecting stuff since I'm not a fan of point and click games on controller.

>Tfw haven't even started cause autodesk has a piece of shit downloader
>It takes it 1 hour of it uploading/downloading data in the background to start the download
>It stops at 800mb to do more fuckery in the background
>If you leave it alone the downloader will break and will show "connecting..."
>If you close it the download will reset and you have to start again
>Only download options are their piece of shit downloader or downloading 7Gb in one go through the browser
>Literally 0 3dsmax torrents
It's not fair bros i just want to make some skyrim mods...

Why don't you guys just go with simple to make games like Tumblebugs, Zuma, Bejeweled and other puzzle tier games which are easy to produce and earn lots of money from?

Attached: 600_479835265.png (600x337, 249K)

How do i get the discipline to finish my game lads?

kill yourself

I released an update yesterday.

Attached: original chibi idea.png (503x259, 30K)

more maps

Attached: skirmish.webm (400x224, 2.86M)

Can someone explain the purpose of the different tools? What tools are used and what is their function? What would be the big picture process of getting a character to move from point A to point B? For example, do you create the character in Blender first?

The real answer? Because they've been done to death, and the popular ones have a corporate behind them for advertisement or they get insanely popular by dumb luck like Flappy Bird.

how do I into online multiplayer?
like do I need to learn about hosting my own server or something?
how do people just upload multiplayer games like on .io?

You just like make game and then the character moves.

Not being able to art makes the whole ordeal seem completely insurmountable. I was able to pick up enough C# knowledge to work through Unity in a month or so (even I'd its not optimized) but art is impossible without devoting years to it before you can do anything that doesnt look like shit

Step by step, fag.
What tools? What point A or B?
Elaborate.

Tell me about them.

I'm too low IQ to program

Nice excuse faggot.

I actually can't grasp mathematics though
I've tried programming before and couldn't get anywhere for about 2 months

Hello gamedev bros, animator in the industry here

Massive tip to make good animations even if you arent an animator. Import your reference footage directly into maya as an image plane and match the timelines playback speed to your video fps. You wont have to think about timing, spacing, or even posing much if your reference is strong enough. Just match that shit, literally all i do. Now cartoonifying shit is another ballgame but there is a shortcut to that as well. You can key 'frame offset' in maya to zip timing. The key to cartoony stuff is to HIT and HOLD. For further info on this look up "jason shum workflow" on youtube. Guy's workflow basically got me a job

If you are serious about animation though, dont use this system as too much of a crutch, as it is great for lifelike stuff that doesnt move away from origin too much, but you're going to need to break from your reference the crazier stuff you want to do

any idiot can program
it's just about memorizing shit

just memorize

What about programming anything physics related

I've failed math my entire life and even I can make simple shit, don't try to make a fucking MMO and you won't have to die coding.
Also
>two months
nigga that's nothing.

You dont need good art to make a fun game. If you game isnt fun with cubes you havnt made a fun game, the only exception to this is extremely animation heavy games (fighting as an example)

Also just use the mixamo library

It's not hard, just really tedious. As with everything in programming.

I wanted to make a fighting game, they're pretty simple on paper

I want to learn to make a game, but where should I start and what engine should I use? I tried Godot, but gdscript just seems confusing

Google. Theres built in functions for just about anything youd want to do, and google has the knowledge on how to use them. The trick is just knowing which math to steal for what you want to do

What's the part you start struggling with?

Those games arent as easy as you think in order to be lucrative. They require a FUCK ton of spine/flash/adobe animate effects and a ton of actually intelligent game loops/number scaling systems to keep people invested

>implying i need help
my animations are fine hahahakill me
youtube.com/watch?v=_z-cXdFMByM

>two game dev threads at the same time
I fucked my code and I don't know how so I get to start over.

It was a year ago, so I can't really specify much anymore. I learned really basic C# and started working on Pong, I refused to use Unity physics and wanted to make it from scratch. Couldn't figure out the physics, someone even explained them to me when I asked and my brain still couldn't grasp it. I was then told that I lack too much math to understand anything and should learn that before programming, that killed my motivation and I haven't tried again ever since

low poly USP for a game I'm making

Attached: usp2.png (1920x1080, 1.57M)

very cool

>novice
>wants to fucking write a physics engine
Wat. My coder friend is an informatic engineer and he NOW rewrote Unity physics, what's the part you don't like about the default physics, they should work just fine for pretty much any starter project.
Also, are you an artsit? How are you gonna make the characters?

Good luck user

I wasn't writing a physics engine, lol.
I wanted to code collision and bounce on my own without the use of rigidbody2D, which is really easy if you actually understand mathmatics.
>Also, are you an artsit? How are you gonna make the characters?
I'm shit at art but I can shit something by using a fuck ton of references out on paper to be able to use as reference for a 3D model

twitter.com/symphofight/status/1096523767143112704?lang=en
Anyway, this is how a fighting game that uses default Unity tools like rigidbody2D feels and looks like. I tried it and thought it felt really bad, I would want something that feels actually good to control

I have a cute little game on rpgmaker and it's basically done but I need someone to do a couple of illustrations. Pic related. If anyone is interested to help I'll gladly credit thee.

Attached: bak86req.jpg (1895x2762, 765K)

How about animations? I think you're heavily understimating the actual complicated part of a fighting game, which is the characters. Anyone can code hitboxes and collision events but if your fighting game doesn't stand out artistically its literally dead on arrival.

vocaroo.com/i/s0IdacOlSRR0

Attached: 15292840381970.png (542x512, 147K)

That's pretty dumb.
Just because one dude made a game with terrible gamefeel doesn't mean its the engine's fault.

Animation is the most interesting part to me and with a good rig it shouldn't be executionally hard
>Anyone can code hitboxes and collision events
I can't

What the fuck is this disturbing ass satanic shit

Attached: 1558245921559.jpg (323x260, 44K)

I made an RPG in rpgmaker thats suppose to be like classic ones you might find on nes or gba
I got my demo kinda of done but wanted to finish more for it then realized that would be making hte whole game not just a demo

Busy browsing Yea Forums

>literally dead on arrival
It'll be dead on arrival either way because I don't trust myself to program netcode.
I just want a good game I enjoy, I have locals nearby for fighting games so I could just bring a build there and play with people

you're not coding anything new, just find someone else's code and copy that

>with a good rig it shouldn't be executionally hard
I don't know your skill level but you're speaking like someone that has never animated before. Like unless you've been animating for 5 years or so you're going to hit a brickwall there, hard.

>netcode
nigga, really, slow down. If you're 1MA don't even think of netcode or complicated physics shit, the scope of that is humongous for a beginner.
Start with smaller fish.

No progress this week
Hitting that bed like a brick for those sweet 12 hours of joyful sleep soon

Attached: 000005.jpg (1918x890, 353K)

absolutley based

I don't know, that's what I'm asking. Let's say you're just starting your first level. You have an idea of what the character looks like and what the level looks like. What tool would one start with to get from that point (I guess it's called pre production?) to getting the character to walk to the end of the level? I'm assuming it has to be modeled, animated, etc. Then imported to the game engine, then the scripts written? I wanna know what the process is

Looks neat, got any webms?

God damn, that little shoulder shrug dodging the fireball had me in tears

Attached: 1537999670418.png (447x438, 401K)

Well, I assume you don't have any experience on the whole dev thing, so I'll give you a few heads up.

If you don't know how to use an engine, do that first. Do some of the simple Unity tutorials to get simple games done (can take 2 afternoons tops for the easy ones)

Don't work "as you go", have a plan, write down aproximately how you want your game to play, to look, how many levels, enemies etc. Those first tutorial games will tell you what you can and can't do in terms of scope.

Learn a 3D program if you want to do 3D stuff, blender is the best since its free and very versatile

Once you have the basics down and a solid plan start working on the player movement and basic mechanics, the core of your game, don't worry about anything looking nice, even cubes will work at this stage

Once you reach a point where playing with this early prototype is fun, you can move on since it means you have a solid core to build on, this is where you use your modelling, animation or painting skills to "dress up" your prototype

that is a very nice ass and I would like to purchase it