Old, simpler Overwatch will never come back

In all seriousness:

The problem of OW going downhill balance-wise began when they introduced Orissa, a BUNKER/static tank with a 1K HP shield on a cooldown. This was the beginning of the "moving bunker tank meta"

Then Moira happened. This was the only low-skill support that was able to heal THROUGH fat tanks like fucking nothing.

Then Doomfist, that was able to fight the forming bunker meta, but instead ended up as an RNG 1-shot killer. Remember how HOG used to 1-shoot most DPS and supports? Apparently that was not ok so they nerfed him BUT when Doom does it it's suddenly OK because something has to be done vs bunker shield meta, right?

Then... Then BRIG happened. Then GOATS.

This is the moment most previous skill-based DPS became irrelevant due to inability to deal with shields.

Then they decided to go 2-2-2 to fight it, but the game was already fucked, so in comp and OWL skill-based heroes were not picked in 90% of all cases.

Then they added SIGMA - ANOTHER shield tank. So no we have Orissa+Sigma in OWL and in many ways the shield play is a bit more exciting than GOATS close-combat "brawl" play, but now suddenly there's another broken hero - DOOMFIST that is SO broken it's not even funny. He's worse than Genji due to his regenerating shields upon eliminations.

And so on, and so on...

Attached: 58c4b7f019dbdd1b23000003.jpg (912x516, 96K)

I miss the old, simple OW, when dive meta required SKILL. When there were no heroes with FIVE fucking abilities (Hammond)...

OW is broken and not fun now. Won't ever be since they are only going to pile more heroes on top of this shit-show.

It's sad. But I got my several hundreds hours worth of entertainment from a 30$ purchIn all seriousness:

The problem of OW going downhill balance-wise began when they introduced Orissa, a BUNKER/static tank with a 1K HP shield on a cooldown. This was the beginning of the "moving bunker tank meta"

Then Moira happened. This was the only low-skill support that was able to heal THROUGH fat tanks like fucking nothing.

Then Doomfist, that was able to fight the forming bunker meta, but instead ended up as an RNG 1-shot killer. Remember how HOG used to 1-shoot most DPS and supports? Apparently that was not ok so they nerfed him BUT when Doom does it it's suddenly OK because something has to be done vs bunker shield meta, right?

Then... Then BRIG happened. Then GOATS.

This is the moment most previous skill-based DPS became irrelevant due to inability to deal with shields.

Then they decided to go 2-2-2 to fight it, but the game was already fucked, so in comp and OWL skill-based heroes were not picked in 90% of all cases.

Then they added SIGMA - ANOTHER shield tank. So no we have Orissa+Sigma in OWL and in many ways the shield play is a bit more exciting than GOATS close-combat "brawl" play, but now suddenly there's another broken hero - DOOMFIST that is SO broken it's not even funny. He's worse than Genji due to his regenerating shields upon eliminations.

And so on, and so on.

I miss the old, simple OW, when dive meta required SKILL. When there were no heroes with FIVE fucking abilities (Hammond)...

OW is broken and not fun now.

>Fucked up. Should've been:

OW is broken and not fun now. Won't ever be since they are only going to pile more heroes on top of this shit-show.

It's sad. But at least I got my several hundreds hours worth of entertainment from a discounted 30$ purchase.

the could remove characters and have them only playable in arcade.

Overwatch Takes Skill.

Um.

I have a question.

If Shields are bad then why not just put an anti shield buster like halo has with it's plasma pistol.

there are plenty of weapons that penetrate shields in OW. but none of that matters because the dps/support/tank queuing is cancer. blizzard is literally trying to balance their shooter like an MMO.

How could you attract new players without overpowered new characters?

Imagine you're Blizzard. You're just been bought by some soulless company. All the important people have been fired. They want more players on Overwatch, and they want it quick. They want it yesterday, no, the week before. Make more money.

What do you do?

Have some empathy for the people implementing the overpowered new characters. We need new players. We can only get new players by providing overpowered updates. Think about it. Personal experience. Think about it a little.

Do you say no? No, you can't. The guy you really liked and managed the entire stuff was fired six months ago. What do you do? You say yes and drown your sorrows in cheap beers and costly whiskeys (whiskey for when you want to feel classy, cheap beers when you just want the alcohol).

Honestly the roadhog/doomfist fiasco showed they are literally talking out there ass and don't know how they want to design their game, or at least several people on the dev team arent communicating properly. It all went downhill from there.

>HAHAHA LET'S JUST SIT BACK BEHIND THESE 4 WALLS AND WAIT TO PRESS Q, TEAM!
This is supposed to be fun to who, exactly?

Nice blogpost faggot. Remember to rinse your mouth with bleach on your way back

then you just play shields + that character
see: symmerta
"add hard counter try to force people to stop playing tank altogether" isnt something that works, because most characters need frontline tanks to function due to how skewed the damage-to-health ratio is
so in the event they hard nerf orisa/doom all thats going to happen is everything begins to revolve around widow again

this is because the game is not 1 change away from "balance"
you cannot only change one thing and expect improvement, because they have over the years built up layers upon layers of horrible decisions, and one adjustment that doesnt even fix a character but simply makes them a worse pick than the alternatives does not solve ANYTHING

Nope it was the road hog nerf where he 1 shot retards stepping out of line and did way more damage telling you when they actually had a decent balance team before launch someone made sure hog was there to shut down shields and dive.

The minute I saw blizzard listen to the forums crying they can’t run around on Genji and tracer trying to get potg cause hog was one shooting them and they hit his scatter gun and hook repeatedly “balancing” him around 1v1 encounter when he was really there to stop shit metas like this one and the 1v1 were just a bonus I knew they had no idea what they were doing.RIGHT after the nerfs dive took over completely.

tldr
overwatch was never good stupid fucking casual retard

>blizzard is literally trying to balance their shooter like an MMO.
Their designers are failed MMO devs, what did you expect?
Overwatch was a failed MMO that was changed into an FPS with all the same devs.

Attached: 1422423570437.gif (371x331, 2M)

Overwatch? More like lick-my-crotch.

>All the faggy genji players mad that they can't curb stomp their way to the top any more and need to rely on teams and comps

Lmaoing at you faggots.

Overwatch is just a failed design. The class based action it promises will never be achieved because Blizzard is run by bugmen.

As a WoW veteran of 11 years, any time Blizzard listens to screaming retards on the forums, disaster is going to happen regardless. I've seen it happen so many goddamn times, and this is exactly what Brack meant when he said "You think you do, but you don't". There are so many instances of Blizzard listening to forumposters only for it to end horribly, and when you have an absolute pushover like Kaplan balancing your game, he's just going to bend over at any moment to give the playerbase what they think they want, but don't actually want because it just leads to more and more problems.

This is exactly why I'm not getting Borderlands 3 or any newer games that can be heavily patched after release.

>Item exists (The Bee shield)
>It's kinda broken as it add's MASSIVE damage to all bullet hits if shield is full
>Other shields do the same mechanic
>Other shields w/ mechanic cause shield to lose charge when effect triggers
>NOT THE BEE
>Literal permanent damage boost w/ fully charged shields
>Tiny capacity to compensate (If you get hit on higher difficulties, your entire shield is practically gone in one hit)
>Players/Gearbox get mad because people are stomping the final boss in >3 seconds
>Buff all enemies to compensate for The Bee
>Players still throwing temper-tantrums that there's an optional OP item in a non-competitive CO-OP game
>NERF The Bee SO much it practically becomes useless
>Enemies/bosses still have buffed health
>Now takes over HALF A GODDAMN HOUR to kill one of the "raid bosses" with The Bee with CONSTANT HEADSHOTS FROM AN AUTOMATIC PISTOL THAT NEVER NEEDS TO RELOAD.

There's DIFFICULTY and then theres "MAKE THE NUMBERS REALLY BIG BECAUSE WE'RE TOO FUCKING LAZY TO BALANCE 100,000,000,000 RANDOMLY GENERATED GUNS AND ENEMIES AND SHIT"

>lmao you just suck/etc.
I just don't want to run around shooting literal fucking bullet sponges all day, or having to trap my character in "purgatory" because of the ridiculous fucking power-creep.

I wish developers understood that there's more than 1 way to make a game harder than by just increasing the numbers like every fucking JRPG ever made.

COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

Attached: retardwatch.webm (1280x720, 2.98M)

YASSSSSS GLOWY EFFECTS AND BIG COLORFUL PARTICLES YASSS I LOVE THIS I LOVE THIS

Attached: 1567550083061.gif (909x890, 501K)

Fun fact, the game is now so unplayable for DPS that in quickplay, DPS is the fastest queue option

You understand why that is quickly when you get a game. All that happens for the entire match is you shoot shields and die to instakills from tanks.

>blizzard is literally trying to balance their shooter like an MMO
What they're doing is more retarded than any MMO. It's fucking law of nature that any game using the holy trinity will have a massive percentage of players in the dps role. So what does overwatch do?

Tries to balance teams evenly between tanks/dps/support

I aint gonna read that shit because you're probably retarded but Overwatch died the second they limited heroes to one per team

hmmmmm

which weapons penetrates shields excluding ults?

overwatch was never good

"Competitive gaming", "balance", "esports" are to the detriment of fun. Congratulations on realizing something thinking people warned you about decades ago.

Overwatch has too much shit in it to balance properly, even at launch. If you look at something like TF2 Classic, everything is balanced around individual character interactions. 36 matchups is a lot but still manageable, and each character only has 3 weapons. There’s too much in overwatch so they end up trying to balance holistically around the “meta” which ends up making it even more rigid. 75% of the characters are unusable and the only way to properly fix it is examine the way they interact with every other character and build from that. But even if they sit down and do that with their mountain of characters, having so many means you’ll end up with fucky edge cases. Add ultimates on top of that and the balance question goes out the window anyway. It’s just badly designed at its core

nobody cares about this contentless trash game and it has been dead for some time

Overwatch is just a worse TF2, which is pretty hard to do.

Imagine playing OW in 2019

>there are plenty of weapons that penetrate shields in OW.
There are actually zero today.

>Paladins
>Lets you select a shield buster talent thingy for any character at the expense of not being allowed to select anything else in the same category

>OW
>DPS aren't allowed to DPS

best thing about this were their arguments prior to role quee.
>yeah we are aware that most players want to play dps but you get rewards and quicker games if you don't, so it'll probably be fine

Attached: 1401433427497.png (500x354, 42K)

>Apparently that was not ok so they nerfed him BUT when Doom does it it's suddenly OK
When Roadhog hooks someone for a one-hit-kill, he brings that someone to him. He can still remain in his safe space, pulling enemies out of their team and into his. He is never in danger in doing so. In contrast, when Doomfist wants to punch someone and get an instant kill, he has to put himself behind the enemy line, placing him in the midst of the enemy team and away from his team's safety. Doomfist also has a certain charge up for his punch that makes him mostly stationary and vulnerable.
Not saying that one-hit kills are justified, but there's the aspect of danger vs safety that made Roadhog a cheap bastard and still makes Widowmaker the worst.

Why are people still playing Overwatch in 2019? The only content for it is shitty skins.

I...I can't even tell what map this is. It's a payload map and that's all I got

what the fuck are you doing playing this game any more recently than late 2016

>2010+9
>people still not realizing the only problem in this game are the healers/healing mechanics

Attached: bo1.jpg (1600x1283, 119K)

reinhardt's E
that's all I can think of

This would be better with no tanks/healer.

this is what happens when you play meme games who try to establish a """meta""".
This is why quake will always be superior, you have 8+ weapons and maps based on the advanced movement mechanics the game offers. Overwatch has 0 skill, is slow and shit and maps sucks ass.

just got back into it, I still find it fun, don't play competitive though

Overwatch was never good and every major change they’ve made to hero selection/classification has shown exactly why. The game is rotten from the inside out.

it took me several viewings but I realized it's King's Row after the 2nd point, you can tell by the glowing orange bits coming out of the floor

Healers wouldn't be that big of problem if they the majority of them didn't have an answer to easily deal with flankers. The only healer that uses actual skill to deal with flankers is Zen.

OW was never good. It just had potential. Potential that would never be realized under Blizzard's style of game design.
They want their games to have broad appeal to the detriment of the players who wants to put in thousands of hours.

They've done this to every single franchise they've had.

Attached: CPMAnzro.webm (600x450, 2.24M)