Dragon's Dogma

Downloading it now, what am I in for?

Attached: 6301077939abed0a152034dee5ebd3bba97b872e.jpg (616x353, 56K)

Other urls found in this thread:

dragonsdogma.fandom.com/wiki/Stat_Growths
youtube.com/watch?v=WkmXhJH4J84
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

weeb shit

Goblins!

Even in numbers, a weakling is a weakling still.

Goblins hunt in packs!

Be prepared to never know where any roads lead you

a good time. have fun.

They're masterworks, all!
You can't go wrong!

Attached: Masterworks all.png (354x420, 123K)

I enjoyed it. Really looking forward to the 2nd one if they make it. I recommend making your pawn as big as you can to use him as a mule.

shittier skyrim

Strength in numbers, Arisen.

Watching harpies take your loli away, mounting drakes and for Bitterblack Isle to wreck your shit. Have fun!

a better skyrim

Boredom and disappointment

Recruit new pawns every few levels or when you're back at town, it updates your own pawn so people can recruit and you can rank and gift other peoples pawns in the process.

when you get to gran soren switch to warrior and learn the Bastion augment
upgrade your weapons or find an upgrade since damage is subtractive. its possible to do 0 damage to some enemies you bump into early.
Also, save Quina from the Witch Woods BEFORE you go doing that Everfall shit for Barnaby. Failing to do so will lock you out of an area of the game and an interesting quest line.

Wolves hunt in packs, Arisen!
also carry weight is determined by your characters actual weight and height, make a fucking huge character.
healing herbs can be hotkey'd onto your keyboard so you can instaconsume health and stamina mid battle without menuing.
also remember to get the infinte teleportstone you get since you're playing the pc version!
godspeed user

Attached: 1452620188852.jpg (1340x956, 231K)

fun for the first 8 hours. Until you notice how abysmal the quest system is and it will ruin the whole game for you

>I recommend making your pawn as big as you can to use him as a mule.
This.
Character creation subtly affects your overall gameplay.
If you're a big 7ft. brute you'll be slower, but have more carrying capacity. If you have long lanky legs you'll have a faster landspeed. If you're a small hobbit-like small person you're slower but you can fit in spots nobody else can throughout the game.

The game is a masterpiece.

Comfy traveling with your bro/loli pawn and long terrifying nights.

How many tiny holes are there, though? Isn't it just the few in the shadow fort?

An Overrated but fun game

When you're a few hours in come back to this and use it to set up your pawn for maximum efficiency in battle.

Attached: 1480237564145.jpg (653x702, 139K)

A profoundly boring action adventure game that revolves around babysitting NPCs made by other players. It's as a bad as it sounds.

It is a fun game, good fights, interesting classes, but it lacks a catching story.

It's better on replay, but there are a couple of spots throughout the game where you can fit through and unlock doors, making them massive shortcuts.
It's not super useful, but it's nice if you know when to use it.

Where is the English version, you autistic chimp?

what is this

Fun but repetitive combat and an empty world

Formula to change your pawns inclination through the elixirs you can buy.

imagine being this brainlet

Make your pawn something that compliments your playstyle.
Pay attention to elemental weaknesses/strengths. Having a Fire buff on your weapon will get you through most enemies in the game.
Don't travel at night. It's very dangerous!
Always bring a lantern.
GIVE YOUR PAWN A LANTERN, A PICKAXE, AND SOME HEALING ITEMS. They will use them.
People say the game has no fast travel, but that is not true. It has one of the best fast travel systems in games, imo.

Attached: pretty face.jpg (766x606, 69K)

WOLVES HUNT IN PACKS
TIS WEAK TO FIRE
EVEN IN GROUPS A WEAKLING IS A WEAKLING STILL
LOOK MASTER A GOBLIN
THE SIGHT OF WOMEN EXCITES IT
A WALKING SKELETON
CUT OFF IT'S TAIL
I WONDER WHERE THIS PATH LEADS x100
Oh ... and alot of Loli pawns, because user keeps making lolies as his pawns.

Attached: Disapproving Lolies.jpg (1220x1000, 415K)

imagine being this american. sub 60 IQ

Attached: 1463863304813.png (277x296, 96K)

>being this brainlet
He said, while further mutilating the English language. Cringe

>Having to reply twice
Guess I hit a nerve. Go be a huehue monkey somewhere else, third worlder.

For all of you fellow Yea Forumsbros with exquisite taste

Attached: 1452620321691.png (1678x1067, 2.48M)

I agree with all this but I think the created pawn is best used as a mule. You can compliment your mc with hired pawns.

t. literal shit for brains

More on pawns:
The pawn system is great. Always rate 5 stars for pawns you use, unless they truly underperformed.

When hiring pawns, ALWAYS check their inclinations! You don't want to hire a sorceror that is a Nexus/Guardian. In general, you want to hire Scathers, Mitigators, Chalengers, and with certain pawns; Medicant, Utilitarian, and maybe Acquisitor if you're gathering items.

You won't find better archery classes in other video games.

Brazilian mad

>I recommend making your pawn as big as you can to use him as a mule.
b-but I wanted to be a loli

Also a hired mage is great for mid battle healing

Also, Hired Pawns WILL NOT level up. They stay at the same level you hire them. So every couple of levels I would re-hire them unless you have one with really good gear. You can find some low level pawns with maxed out gear that can carry you through most of the game.

There are plenty of pedos that will make a loli to hire

Do you have to be online to hire pawns?

No, there are offline pawns created for each level.

nice ad hominem, you window licking waterheads

How do I make a good STR pawn? I heard fighter 1-10, warrior 11-100, ranger 101-200

You were fooled by Yea Forums the game is shit and I will explain why:

>No indication of where roads lead
>No hint to what enemies are weak to
>No hint of when enemies are alone or in groups
>No warning to avoid status effects
>No clue to which items are masterworks
>No warning when the wind is pushing you
>No hints to where certain plants grow, or when you can find them

I don't know how people defend this game.

There are offline pawns but they're pretty lame

dragonsdogma.fandom.com/wiki/Stat_Growths

lol yeah man

Attached: 1522261804911.gif (304x378, 2.86M)

Imagine admitting how unintelligent you are, thinking you're exposing the flaws of something else
>No hint to what enemies are weak to
This is a joke, right?

Lewdthrendel, best Ethrendel.

Attached: A wild Ethrendel appears.jpg (1920x1080, 479K)

Why can't you just reply once, third worlder? I truly feel sorry for you low IQ street shitters, you never ever learn, nor will you ever prosper. Your genetic destiny is being a gutter monkey, forever and ever.

I'll be honest with y'all this whole vocation and skill tree leveling up shit confused the fuck out of me. I never got to go around BBI because of it.

Attached: 10637907_10203516662110882_979701126_n.jpg (200x200, 7K)

allright I think its time for you to google "satire"

Attached: 200smug.jpg (393x377, 153K)

Just roll assassin. High str progression and no need to switch vocation.

Damage and defense calculation on raw numbers instead of percentile calculation
"Open world"
Lots of Cyclops fights
Forced romance so the dragon can do his bid plot twist
Exploitable healing
A decent dlc

Wolves hunting in packs arisen

SOAKED
TO
THE
BONE

>Exploitable healing
what's this?

I use to love open world fantasy games but this is the only game I haven't managed to enjoy. Something is just off, it feels like shit. I've tried 3 times the last 3 years to get into it, but after a few hours of playing I just uninstall it. It's frustrating because I want to like it.

Pause game
Consume as much healing grass as you need
Unpause
Go back to town and buy more for next to nothing

mousover healing herb press 1
wow now you can spam them without pausing the game.

His complaint is healing being too easily accessible.

Oh, I just want to send love to some user, who - I guess - cheated his ranger pawn with dragonforged items. Fare thee well, Idra. You carried my dumb ass from lvl 32 to well until 80+.

OP, you will play the best 3d D&D game with the best combat, bestest boi GRIGORI, very interesting classes but mediocre story and the dumbest and confusing writing. Have fun, it's great

Attached: 1567369829312.jpg (1000x426, 197K)

have fun

Attached: DDDA_rollan.jpg (1920x1080, 559K)

Roolin

OK so I litterally rolled my current character besides some vocation changes. Guess I'm doing hardmode then.

please be good

It's been a while, but don't the inclination potions cost a butload of RC?

A good time

You've been bamboozled pretty hard, friend.

250, except for the Neutralizing Elixir which costs 500.

Forgot to add that they all can be duplicated for 350G at The Black Cat.

I've played for the game for some 1000 or so hours and the only thing I'll tell you is to not underestimate or underutilize the game's mechanics. There's a lot of background systems that can be easily sidetracked that can help a LOT for a first playthrough. They can be the difference in living or dying, the alternative to backtracking from town, or the little push you need to kill that boss. Just explore the world and the menus a bit and try to get a feel for everything you can do.

apples and oranges

to avoid this just mute the music

>just mute the music
youtube.com/watch?v=WkmXhJH4J84

I really want to get back into DD but I don't want to go through that 1-40 playthrough where really strong bandits will wall you harder than an ogre

Just go into hard mode
>Enemy HP is unchanged
>Enemy damage is boosted
>Exp gained is doubled
>Enemies drop up to 10k gold
>Stamina consumption is slightly raised
If you play carefully, you could have that 1-40 grind done in less than an hour, and have plenty of resources to get you through the rest of the story.
Or just do hard mode BBI, I guess.

I heard there was some method to fast leveling with throwblasts on BBI

Yeah. You can buy Throwblasts from the Cassardis vendor after you start the Hydra quest.

>play on Hard Mode (you're going to die in one hit in BBI anyways)
>play normally up until Off With It's Head
>go back to Cassardis, sell off all the Dark Arisen equipment and buy ~100 Throwblasts
>go to BBI, carry as many as you can with you at a time
>go through BBI, killing things with Throwblasts and farming if necessary
>also Barroch sells Martyr's Talisman's for EZ xp
>once you're comfortable with your level/items, fight Gazer
>kill his tentacles with Throwblasts
>hit his eye with Throwblasts
>pop Talisman before he dies
>instant level 45
>repeat with Dark Bishop
>instant level 60
>continue to Living Armor
>there's a spot on a ledge to the left of the staircase up top where the Armor tries to jump up but falls down and takes like 50% of his life in that one fall
>rinse
>level 75
>purify all your artifacts and get good gear
>you can now play the game

Also if you're feeling comfortable with it you can also kill the Cursed Dragons with them fairly easily, it's just a bit of a grind. Really helps if you're trying to dragonforge your equipment. Also remember Dark Bishop has a chance to dragonforge so try to grind out some level 2 BBI gear before killing him.

ALSO there's a spot in the beginning of the second part of BBI (where the bridge is) where you can get the Elder Ogre to suicide off the bridge. If you play it right, you can be level 100 or so by the time you get to the Forgotten City with a bit of grinding. Took me about 8 hours or so on my Switch playthrough.

a flawed gem that gets trashed by casual for not being dark souls

Combat system most action games wish they had let alone action RPGs. Also, make sure it's the PC version you're playing. Dragon's Dogma is that type of game that's immensely improved by superior PC performance.

save up some cash for port crystals, they let you create fast travel points

>create a mage
>make a stronk amazon pawn
This game is a 10/10

As soon as you reach Gran Soren DO NOT START ANY QUEST THERE. Grab the Eternal Ferrystone fron your depot and go back to Cassardis, and to all the quests there. The village chief will have one.

It's possible that they left their pawn behind and then did some solo leveling followed by farming the drake outside the shadowfort. I'm pretty sure I beat Grigori around that level on my first playthrough as well.

An empty world with no interesting characters or story
But it's got tech demo tier gimmicks like grabbing, climbing on enemies and alright combat. So Yea Forums likes it

Why bother? You can find 5 free ones per playthough, you can only place ten of them in the world, and they can't be bought until NG+.

>they can't be bought until NG+.
shit forgot about that

They're pretty manageable once you learn how to pick one archer at a time and leaving the leader for last. Notice that when you die to bandits, it's always the same warrior or fighter that curbstomps you in one or two hits. The fight's still hard, but one, I managed to kill the bandits in front of the bandit's fortress on my first try at level 15 as a strider. I had my pawn as a strider too and he learned how to copy my playstyle, which helped a lot. Once I ensnared one, my pawn quickly started scarlett kissing his body with me. Most times it was enough to kill him on the first ensnare.

BBI (the expansion dungeon) is better than the entire base game itself.

>this char
gonna do a replay now.