youtu.be/UDB1b1tvBBw?t=48

>implying I need troops

You forgot the best town and also the best girl

Attached: voy.png (640x840, 836K)

Still no match for a shit ton of skeletons

Fuck8ng scalies

>implying I need that Dragon Utopia

>deathcows from the black lagoon

Nice pile of 6 level units you have there, a shame if something bad were to happen to them.

Gorgons are my favourite level 6 monsters.

mfw 0:46

Attached: 1490520906965.gif (250x250, 222K)

You are forgiven because they could well be T6, but gorgons are actually T5.

Attached: h3 party hard.gif (632x376, 3.94M)

This
It's a meme you dip

earth is the best magic but what is the worst magic? water, air?

I'd say fire, but water can also be a contender
Just considering air being in any way bad makes you look like a dumb fucker

*sneed*

dont make me reinstall it you punk

Fire
Air is second best after earth, water has a ton of broken shit if used at the right time, Fire has blind and not much else.

Expert berserk is also a big deal if you have first move, and armageddon is also good with certain units. Although I guess they could be considered fairly situational.

Attached: 1548356838033.png (640x400, 34K)

Fire has has Berserk and Fire Wall. Blind doesn't really scale in any noticable way with the hero skill. Bonus damage for Armaggedon also can't be left unnoticed
But it's still situational as fuck

Attached: 1555929767725.jpg (469x528, 36K)

Attached: 1555931757093.jpg (408x344, 20K)

who's your favorite hero, user?

Attached: Tiva_by_iguancheg.jpg (1728x2112, 1.45M)

Tazar

>Eagle Eye specialty
Are you fucking serious

My penis is

CRAG
THE
HACK

Attached: TWTdAsshr3k.jpg (523x701, 92K)

Sandro

>water magic
>bad

Attached: loynis.jpg (150x150, 9K)

What game is this? The sprites look like the guys from Dominions made it.

Attached: 1350594293765.jpg (500x500, 109K)

The chad of chads

Attached: gunnar.jpg (1024x1081, 81K)

why tf slavs like this shit so much? its because their third world toasters couldn't handle newer games so they had to stick to this trash?

It's definitely not straight out bad, but rather situational
Though less situational than fire, that's for sure

HoMM3 ye wee pleb
one of the GOATs

that's fuckin sick art bro

I played Heroes of Might and Magic 3, and I can't remember any of this stuff. I think I might be suffering from brain damage.

Attached: 1508129916973.jpg (850x850, 264K)

Any games worth playing after 3?

Attached: 6lTQNK4pnhw.jpg (1364x2000, 334K)

Blind and curse are good ways to piss off your bros, berserk is straight up broken
Water magic is only good for prayer since it grants haste, bless and shield in one.

1 is kind of an unpolished mess
2 is probably cool though I haven't played it since I was 6 so who knows
4 is fun just to see how batshit broken it is
5 is actually unironically good, generic Warcraft style aside
6+ sucks

Attached: Pasis.jpg (1382x2000, 365K)

Fuck you and the nigga next to you

Attached: solmyr.jpg (176x166, 9K)

Imagine the moss smell of swamp.

Tell me about the cow, why does he wear the dragon?

*Mows you down with powerliches*

Attached: Moandor.jpg (207x250, 11K)

*brings the sp00k*

Oops

Attached: C7dSKL4NZpg.jpg (710x1080, 214K)

Chief smiting bull use all parts of fresh kill

At least Heroes 7 has Brigid. And she is cute.
Her bio since one one played heroes 7:
>Brigid was once a Dwarven Rune priestess, one of the rare women to occupy such a function. But that was before King Hathor reinforced his grip on the clergy of Arkath and exiled - or worse - all those who didn`t share his vision of a stronger, fiercer Grimheim. Brigid was content to start a new life in the distant Agyn Peninsula, watching over a small community of goat farmers near the free port of Seahaven. But fate was not done with her yet, and she was one of the unfortunate Dwarves abducted and experimented upon by the mad Wizard, Dagar.

Attached: pic_hero_brigid.png (256x256, 257K)

boomer memes

Woah is this the redwall thread?

Russian boomer memes

Attached: _BeRkdHppS8.jpg (1000x750, 481K)

I'm a 20 year old zoomer and I love might and magic

Attached: i dunno.png (270x230, 2K)

*changes your mind*

Attached: blackdragon.jpg (638x359, 63K)

Too bad the two artists who made those don't draw more heroes anymore.

Attached: Lacus.jpg (1391x2000, 429K)

Attached: MSsxioE7vUc.jpg (972x628, 276K)

is lacus meant to be female

Attached: 436MlQeVO0o.jpg (777x1080, 225K)

I need one of malcom using the speculum on a group of silver pegasi

Yew, I think she is on the female list for heroes in map editor. Plus at least in the version in my language she is referred as female.

Why is the cow a gorgon but medusa also exists

Because DnD did so.

They turn people to stone
It has another name but they used gorgon I guess

i like homm5 art

Attached: images (6).jpg (350x409, 27K)

Jabarkas

Attached: Hero_Jabarkas.jpg (184x203, 13K)

HoMM gorgons are based on DnD gorgons which are in turn based on Ethiopian catoblepas. But then DnD also has catoblepas as a separate monster that doesn't look anything like catoblepas is supposed to look.

Attached: Catoblepas.jpg (468x256, 37K)

yeah

Attached: Dun_Kythra.jpg (500x577, 46K)

Attached: Nur.jpg (366x450, 33K)

5, but only with HoM&M 5.5 mod.

tomboy elf waifu moving incredibly fast

Attached: 1W1x8lxxxo4.jpg (1381x2000, 271K)

>HoMM3 ye wee pleb
I tried playing it earlier this year but I still prefer Age of Wonders 2 better.

I'm torn between Valeska and Ciele, both absolutely stomp at the beginning.

Try out Luna, her 1 sprite fire wall early game progression speed is incredible.

Attached: Mc4L_mwNuOc.jpg (558x697, 175K)

Can anyone explain to me why HoM&M 5.5 always gives you Town Portal spell no matter what? Or is that in vanilla too? EIther way, why is that spell always at your disposal? Hoping to get that spell in your mage guild was half the fun in previous games.

Is he gay?

Attached: unf.jpg (382x400, 26K)

I mean the dude's a cow, maybe humanlike girls are super ugly in his opinion? It would be weirder if he was into human girls. Gorgon ain't a zoophile.

Lol

Attached: armageddon.png (464x790, 668K)

> *fucks your girl*

Attached: pasiphae.jpg (752x800, 164K)

Bump

What is your favorite unit?

Attached: r2.png (918x1040, 1.6M)

week 1 behemoths

Attached: 4S4iljryGUA.jpg (868x488, 55K)

Attached: Ax4YKeoRw5Q.jpg (1200x675, 579K)

Nah. In Heroes 7, the Academy faction has been trying to combine people with animals or demons to create supersoldiers. The Stronghold faction is made up almost entirely of their creations who rebelled and escaped - pretty much the only ones they haven't lost control of are the rakshasa.

Attached: H7_rakshasa_raja_artwork.jpg (1920x1200, 1M)

Loving these memes. Keep them coming.

only good M&M thing that came out of ubisoft is dark kicker of kick and kicking
anything else is endless trash
HoM&M5 was ok but is ruined by the worst art direction

Attached: copypasta what did you just said.png (1347x710, 835K)

>who's your favorite hero, user?
>What is your favorite unit?

Both answers can be found in pic related.

Attached: HIIIElixirA.jpg (800x400, 293K)

A little correction. Not just Heroes 7, but Ashan, the world where Homm 5-7 take place. One house of mages is responsible for creating almost every race of beastfolks.
>pretty much the only ones they haven't lost control of are the rakshasa.
I remember there were also coyote and hippopotamus people in the now dead spin-off card game. Also one fun fact about rakshasa, in their debut game (Heroes 5) there were described as genie-like spirit of vengeance. Later on they got retconned into simply beastfolks.

And here you have kobolds of Ashan, hybrid of dwarf and rodent made by a mad mage.

Attached: art_fortress_kobold_pathfinder.jpg (920x615, 196K)

shit user I can see why

Attached: pt.jpg (1920x1014, 357K)

Attached: dmitry-khrapovitsky-13-moand.jpg (863x1200, 185K)

I liked the orc and goblin origin story in nu-homm, making them half demons is pretty fun.

Attached: FYPHUMtHdiY.jpg (720x960, 85K)

For me, it's Illor

Attached: illor.jpg (58x64, 2K)

how do I git gud lads?
I try to use one hero for fighting and others for flagging/fetching items/monsters

You may not find being good at homm3 to be fun at all. Microing max amount of heroes every day, planning out your troop transitions from one hero to another every day to optimally conserve movement points, everyone essentially using the same units past week one because the real meat of your army doesn't come from cities, it comes from creature banks. So everyone rolls with stacks of angels and wyverns. Taking graveyards or golem banks with day 1 stack of harpy hags because you picked Lorelei and you can actually do that, if you spend 15 fucking minutes running around the map kiting the fuckers, attacking them once per a full circle, then spending next 3 turns running.
Look up mekick on youtube if you'd like to know more, he's one of the few english speaking guys that play homm3 and he's actually decent at talking and presenting things.

Attached: axCFL9XZQQY.jpg (1024x743, 74K)

Build a shipyard

Speaking of, what do you guys think about Factory, the new steampunk wild west themed town that will come to Hota?
youtube.com/watch?v=UnsprGGgSYw
Personal, I am not very sell on this right now.

Choose necropolis

Choose stronghold and go 121 red rush, it's the only true way

Attached: MNdKRSZS4io.jpg (450x646, 74K)

>man this setting relevant sci-fi faction is so unfitting because most homm players never played mm and NWC were too slow to introduce it earlier or at least lube the games up before inserting sci-fi parts and now everyone feels it's really out of place, what should we add instead
>Early wild-west age America?
>Bingo!
Right

Attached: 15262424868710.jpg (432x604, 57K)

Man, the sci-fi parts were fucking kino in M&M6 and 7, I wish they had time and cooperation between branches to somehow port it to HoMM. But the people developing two series obviously had little connection with each other, like 3d MMs were supposed to be on the same planet as HoMM games and featured same characters, but the geography was not even close to being similar between the series.

Capital Rush :)

I don't think straight up sci-fi faction would work at all because it'd have to be very powerful and that niche is already meaningfully occupied by Dungeon. How would you do it? Low spawn rate tough creatures? That'd be a nightmare to balance for creeping. Make them even more expensive? As if there aren't already factions bordering on being too expensive only passing by on the fact that in H3 you usually just play the map so much your faction choice doesn't matter that much.
Cove did not make any sense either. They tried to come up with something that would fit the setting and so settled on Regnan pirates but Regna doesn't make any sense if it's landlocked. Imagine if a Cove city is high up in the mountains. Or somewhere in the desert. Its entire concept is that it's Tortuga so it can't be anywhere but on an island or a shoreline.
But of course, Factory looks worse. They tried to do something that would fit with a technology-based city, and it didn't land. Their new biome also looks strakly out of place which is unfortunate because Highlands they created for Conflux of all things worked quite well.

Attached: 1374796030634.jpg (600x595, 64K)

this nigga knows whats up

Attached: M&M7 blasters.png (640x479, 324K)

The game's box art features a robot fighting a space alien, so they'd probably find a way. I think a techno-barbarian concept would work fine, where low tier units only get scraps of technology at best and only the most high levels get truly impressive stuff.

Attached: yVcH5BM0SeA.jpg (607x416, 98K)

>demons are aliens
>angels are cyborgs

You're being disingenious and you know it. Not only does that not come up during the game, it was consciously concealed by the game devs so that the game would have a good visual identity rather than being a hodgepodge of things that don't belong together. The reason there's a sci-fi level at the end of most Might and Magic RPGs is because it's the last, so the developers wanted to surprise you and take you out of your usual element. But in a game of HoMM, every faction usually starts on even footing, so it's jarring when you have some idiots with sticks and arrows and then a cyborg, not to mention that it damages Heroes 3's ability to fit many settings because it's so purposefully DnD-generic and lacking in its own made up bullshit so you can make your own maps with your own stories.

This is like video game design 101, kids.

>a space alien
Speaking of, it's always funny to me how Kreegan lore wise suppose to be this great threat and a race created to destroy planets, yet in game Inferno is the weakest faction.
Also what's up with Inferno in Heroes Chronicles: Conquest of the Underworld (if anyone played that)? Are they real demons in hell or other Kreegans? And if the latter, then how they stolen the king soul form heaven? Also I don't think Kreegans suppose to be on Erathia at this moment in time, but I might be wrong.

>the oracle is a supercomputer and you need to find it's lost HDDs to return it's memory
>the weird fish people are heroes from MM1-3 who strayed off course and crashed on the HoMM planet, they look like that because of their space suits

I genuinely wouldn't bother with balans, just make them strong and slowly producing units, yes. The campaigns would be just trying to mow through ridiculous armies in a brutal conquest or something, i mean they already done that in some of 4th campaigns where you had to do exactly that with a bunch of overpowered heroes which was fun as all fuck
>homm
>muh balans
teehee

Attached: 1552593268158.jpg (887x890, 123K)

Best looking unit in all of heroes V

Mighty "Dragon Exterminator" Gorgon

By the point HoMM3 happens Kreegans lost their queen and their space ships, they're a pathetic shadow of their former selves. Their original life cycle goes like this - they land on a planet, the kill everyone else on the planet, they overexploit the fuck out of it and reproduce in huge numbers, making several more spaceships which are then sent in different directions towards the new planets.
After most of their shit got wrecked by a blob in M&M6 they got fucked up so badly that they don't even see the continuation of their normal life cycle as a possibility, they just want to destroy the whole world out of spite. Which they kinda do with Gelu's help. Stupid fucking elf.

Attached: 10WWnf-G3ms.jpg (453x604, 90K)

Galactic space elemental titty is way better than it has any right to be

Attached: a9JTAmf50HA.jpg (604x604, 134K)

is that a

I'm shit at the game, how do I get good?

Attached: 1490761656161.jpg (300x300, 15K)

Damn fucking right

>Oh no my wood is defended by ranged

ZAAAAAAAAAP

I am not disingenuous, in my first post I said that I'd like them to implement the sci-fi elements TASTEFULLY.
A faction that just uses blasters robots and tanks from the get go would indeed be pretty shit, but the implication of something greater hinted at by the campaign or the secrets within it, like demons being aliens and angels being robots is a lot more fun. Something that you might miss the first time playing, but after digging your teeth into the game's lore you play it again and you just see things in a different way.
There's a great example of that actually - a game called Endless Legend - it's a fantasy 4x game with elves and bug zombies and ghosts made of money. But after playing through the game you discover that the main quest for each faction ends with them trying to escape the planet on a spaceship. And if you play a different game by the same devs called Endless Space you can find the planet where EL takes place and even colonise it, revealing a lot more lore about the place from a different perspective. One of the factions from EL that canonically escaped the planet is also playable in ES even.
And then you go back to EL and you suddenly realise that the ghost minor faction called "Ended" is actually a degenerate remnant of the Virtual faction of the titular precursor race - the Endless, who turned themselves into sentient holograms as a way of achieving immortality. And then you see that many of the creatures on the planet are actually call backs to the factions that might have been running this planet together with Endless and are present in ES in one way or another
Tasteful is an important word. Things can be done well and they can be done poorly, you just presume that they would be done poorly and go from there.

Attached: 1522499877618.jpg (2100x1182, 820K)

Attached: 1529024376901.gif (320x190, 1005K)

>not wanting to clean up your swamp waifu so she feels pretty
It's almost like you're some kind of faggot who isn't attracted to monsters or something.

>not bracada_dynamics.gif

Attached: ekaterina-shapovalova-1-shakti.jpg (1920x1140, 269K)

Any news on the forge from HotA?

Attached: Ah-ha!.jpg (106x101, 7K)

HOW MUCH LONGER

youtu.be/HTXUglrxUQc

youtu.be/sTSsek0wIEY

Attached: factory.jpg (600x600, 89K)

H-how is he using it on them?

Should have been born a slav.

>last post June
Might be a while

You get good by exploiting shit like this

Attached: not broken at all.png (82x93, 8K)

Just keep playing. Everyone is shit in the beginning

explain

play necropolis and roll t1 months

It's a particular kind of early rush. 121 means day 1 of week 2 of month 1. The player colour is important since in basic mod-less HoMM players take their turns one after another and the player colour determines the order in which that happens - red goes first. So the rush exploits this turn order stuff. You take your turn first, hire your new week's worth of units, chain those units to your pre-positioned main hero and then attack the enemy who's yet to have an opportunity to hire his weekly units because he didn't get a turn yet. You can do something like that every week, 121 is just the earliest. And stronghold just have easy time rushing their good units, behemoths week 1 are pretty mundane with them and then you get another week's worth of them on the first day of week 2 right as you attack.
Obviously this only works on particularly small maps

Attached: _vgM2AeNtqw.jpg (995x1109, 446K)

Attached: 1502247713867.jpg (1200x799, 190K)

Я тaк пoнимaю этoт тpeд pyccких шпиёнoв?

Pacхoдимcя пocoны, бypжyи знaют

Attached: I9dQEBs2eW4.jpg (600x450, 51K)

This doesn't work in 1v1

Comfy af

qt

Attached: 1529003423994.gif (248x421, 51K)

I only play queen 1v7 g+s so I've never been a fan of mp in homm3 the above is a comfy afternoon for me.

She needs a BLVCK BVLL

>homm3 thread from 9 to 5
Fuggin based