This console might have the worst library of all 5th gen consoles, but some people still love it...

This console might have the worst library of all 5th gen consoles, but some people still love it. Why do you think that is? The few games it has are very similar to each other, and even the biggest fans will outright insist literal pokemon accessories like hey a pikachu and pokemon stadium are worth anyones time. The PS1 and Saturn however have varied libraries across classic and more inventive genres, the PS1 especially pushed some very obscure and interesting game genres and hosted the first rhythm games.

Why should anyone care about the N64?

Attached: n64-sys.jpg (1024x469, 39K)

This, its a shit console like the Saturn, atleast the Saturn has good libraries.
>Shut up faggot Nintendo is the best!!!!!
Fuck off Nincel, your lord and savior is a piece of shit, proves the fact that they made terrible practices and their decisions are also shit.
Look at Wii U, its a shit console.
If you really love that company then i don't blame you, but if you saying to me that they are the messiah of the video games, you a fucking idiot.
Then name a one thing that Nintendo actually done a right thing, ONE.
They are no different from any other fuckboys at the industry.
Fuck Nintendo and their directions.
The only thing that i like about them is literally Kirby.
>You like Kirby, but you hate Ninty, hypocrite!
Liking a series =/= Liking a company.

>pokemon accessories like hey a pikachu and pokemon stadium
>pokemon stadium

Attached: 1566836028715.jpg (1080x1080, 128K)

Pretty obvious isn't it? It offered better games than anything else and PC still had great exclusives back then. PC + N64 best combo. Haters will try to deny this

Attached: 1568258244384.jpg (1125x1266, 142K)

You make me want to replay my 5 games... If you call it trash, then call me Oscar the grouch, thanks for the thread OP. I'm gonna replay that shit again

pokemon stadium is an accessory, it lets you play the mainline games on your TV and use your pokemon in the accessory. It has no significant content on its own.

PC games in the 90s are overrated shite

>it lets you play the mainline games on your TV and use your pokemon
Those don't make it an accessory, if anything you described this thing. You don't need it to play Stadium btw.

Attached: N64_Transfer_Pak.jpg (300x300, 8K)

It is the purpose of stadium, the content is too barren to stand on its own. The game itself is an accessory and they even advertised it as a way to play your game boy pokemon games.

N64 was the ultimate party console for kids born in the late 80s to 90s. Most of us only got a game or two occasionally so it didn't matter if it didn't have a huge library. I'm sure you've heard all these arguments before but you seem emotionally invested in making sure people retroactively hate the N64 so good luck with that mission

N64 had some of the best multiplayer around.

Pokemon stadium 1 and 2 mini games were fun as fuck.

An accessory, by definition cannot function on its own. Stadium very much does. You're wrong unless you want to bend reality to your hyperboles.

Multiplayer, my dude. How many consoles at the time had 4 player, simultaneous co-op games?
>Smash bros, Mario Party, Mario Kart, Gauntlet Legends, Goldeneye
The library was smaller, no doubt. But some of it's exclusives were real winners and are still remembered to this day.

OP is a faggot, so I am high jacking this thread.
I recently got into N64 collecting and so far this is what I got.
I plan on getting the Zelda games, Mystic Ninja, Kirby, and F Zero, what are some other games I should get?

Attached: 20190913_091541.jpg (4032x3024, 3.84M)

WHY DONT YOU ALL KILL YOURSELVES
N64 WAS GOOD
PS1 WAS GOOD
SATURN WAS GOOD

banjo :)

>Stadium very much does
It's more like a trial version, sorta like perfect dark without the expansion pak.

Wow, it's the same games everyone has and a few 5/10's most people still don't like. Consider breaking your N64 because that's basically the entire library.

Kill yourself Banjofag

I'm on the fence with Banjo, it's a N64 essentially, but I also have definitive on the X in 4K. The only reason why I have Perfect Dark was because it was only 10$. If I find Banjo cheap, sure I'll get it, but it's not on my priority list.

>Paper Mario
>Conker's BFD
>Pokémon Puzzle League (if you're into puzzle games. It's literally an enhanced Panel de Pon)
>Banjo Kazooie
>Pokémon Snap
Glover and Chameleon Twist aren't fantastic games by definition, but if you're looking for some memorable, quirky N64 platformers, check them out

Pokemon Stadium also had a near complete rental dex along with different battle modes and robust animations. It definitely went beyond a mere accessory, especially with the release of Pokemon Stadium 2.

If we want to talk about games light on content, Pokemon Battle Revolution more heavily relied on other games to supply Pokemon for the single player campaign. There were only two rental teams available in that game, and this came about in the Wii era!

Doom 64, Rogue Squadron, Sin and Punishment, Star Fox 64, Wave Race 64, Ogre Battle 64

It really is. Beyond the first party library, Rare, and Turok there isn't anything worth revisiting.

>PC games in the 90s are overrated shit
Fuck you, that's when PC gaming was at its best. Tons of great games I still play to this day

>Pokemon Stadium also had a near complete rental dex along with different battle modes and robust animations
And? Its core content is still completely barren. It's a pokemon battler with pretty graphics (for the time.)
> especially with the release of Pokemon Stadium 2.
that's a compatibility patch

You bought it so you could watch your pokemon from your game boy game battle in 3D and play them on your TV.

Ok soni poni

>Paper Mario
Oh forgot about that. Only problem is its expensive as all hell.
>Conker
Pretty much on the same boat as Banjo where I have Rare Replay, so not a priory
>Pokemon puzzle and Snap
I actually had those games, it came with the N64, but I sold them because I wasn't really interested in them.
>Glover
Oh another game I forgot about.
>Doom 64
On the fence since it's about to release on Consoles, but after the shitty ports of doom 1 and 2, I'll wait and see.
>Rouge Squadron
Not that interested, but I am interested in Pod racing
>Sin and Punishments
I heard of this, but know nothing about it.
>Star Fox 64
Not gonna lie, I hate Star Fox
>Wave Racer
Was never that interested
>Ogre Battle
Never even heard of this

>Fuck you, that's when PC gaming was at its best. Tons of great games I still play to this day
As in exclusives or 1st released games in PC?
Yes, totally.
But consoles basically were the kings of gaming until the PS3,PC was more like a side dish for most people,Diablo,The Sims, CS,you know the deal,but now PC is taking the spotlight and receiving all these console games which was less common and usually bad optimized in the past.

>On the fence since it's about to release on Consoles, but after the shitty ports of doom 1 and 2, I'll wait and see.
If you want a digital, probably emulated version of the game just download Project 64 today.

Wave Race 64 (above all else gets this, it's fucking fun)
Duke Nukem Zero Hour.
Star Wars Shadows of the Empire
1080 Snowboarding
Star Wars Racer
Shadowman
Conkers Bad Fur Day
Beetle Adventure Racing
Killer Instinct Gold
Jet Force Gemini
Blast Corps
WCW vs NWO World Tour/Revenge
WWF War Zone/No Mercy/ Wrestlemania 2000

I think it's the opposite. PCs are better than ever of course but PC games are worse than ever. None of the developers takes PCs seriously anymore, everyone's just focusing on console gaming. Back in the 90s it was perfect, both platforms had exclusives and focused on their strengths and it's never gonna be like that again

Stockholm Syndrome

The whole reason why I got in N64 collecting was because I fucking hated emulating it. Maybe it was just my machine, but when I was trying to play SM64, it kept bugging out on me with huge dips in performance that it went out and bought a N64.

I agree completely.

Mostly casuals. I had both and a pc and the 64 only got play time when I had a friend over.

That makes even less sense when you could've gotten a Wii cheaper which emulates all relevant 64 games anyway, without any additional cost in the form of physical cartridges.

That was my original plan, I already have a hacked wii, but I choice to go with buying a N64 because I like playing games on their original hardware and honestly it has been fun going around collecting N64 games again. Makes me feel young again.