Is it worth playing?

Is it worth playing?

Attached: maxresdefault (13).jpg (1280x720, 119K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/VofQjhpkJpY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

for the gameplay? yes probably, for the story? no
if you can get it cheap go for it

Its in my top 10, great game

only pretentious fags care about the story in vidya

The first 20 hours are dynamite but it just wears down by the end.

No

yes, it's great I still play it
MGS3 is still my fav in the series, but I've played MGS V a lot more

Meme game

No, just watch the "ending".

A million times yes for gameplay and more importantly, the gun customization alone.

Venom is a fake/mimic Snake and also importantly an avatar of the player, not literally the player as retards would suggest, this isn't isekai
In the lore according to the timeline he's as a character labeled as "Big Boss' phantom"

Snake sends a message to him at the end of the game, which effectively says
>You're not my doppelganger
>You're not another me
>You can be yourself, while having my title too
Just spoiled the only worthy part of the game for you, you're welcome.

Man, everyone knows ending of MGV.

>taking the horse and a truck
>deploying in the morning
Nigga wtf is up with that screenshot

Hell yeah. It's a disappointing installment in a long-running series, but on its own it's a good time. Great gameplay, but mediocre storytelling and some questionable mission design.

MGSV had a great story, Yea Forums is just full of plebeians that didnt understand it and wanted their headcanon about Big Boss. Its literally the same quality as the rest of the series, just told in a much more subtle way.

Attached: 2782080-the fall.png (2916x728, 2.61M)

definitely worth playing. even though the story makes me mad the missions (the main ones) are really fun to play through both stealthily and balls out action

Everyone knows this shit, the worthwhile part is all the sneakin and doing cool shit with your d walker.

>didnt even shower
>even worse he didnt just reequip his outfit to get the blood off even if it doesnt refresh you reflex stats
>getting shot in first place

>the only worthy part of the game

Attached: Metal-Gear-Solid-Shining-Lights.jpg (1920x1080, 238K)

How do they actually deploy D-Horse? We see him get extracted via fulton, but D-Horse is always there when you get there through the helicopter.

game has alot of great moments, Yea Forums doesnt know shit

Attached: 1510581017976.png (1600x900, 1.61M)

and what do you care about? mashing buttons fast?

Parachute like everything else
You can call him any time while in the overworld not just when you ride in.

meant for>>>

Not everyone knows that Venom is a player avatar though
Kojima's most stupidest idea yet. Fuck what he says, that bitch does not represent me whatsoever. I would never care for and grief over a traitor like Paz

the paz side op is pure kino aswell, wonder how many people missed it

Attached: p3diqtk6vkn11.gif (500x200, 1.99M)

It's a huge dissapointment in context of the series, but it's a pretty solid and fun game by itself, so yeah.

>I would never care for and grief over a traitor like Paz
Kaz was the real traitor, Paz did nothing wrong

goddamit its such a great game

Attached: MGSV.PS4.1080P.SAHELANTHROPUS_MISSION_31.HD_SCREENCAPS.2.jpg (1920x1080, 225K)

Very good gameplay and atmosphere. If you dont give a shit about the MGS story its kino.

>EYES ON KAZUHIRA MILLER
what was meant by this

Attached: MGSV-E3-2015-Trailer-Kaz-Eyes.jpg (1000x563, 127K)

Do you like running in the desert or the savannah? Do you like long helicopter rides?
Do you like unlockables that take 20 hours in real time to unlock?
Do you like taking out a handful of enemies in copypasted towns?
If so, then yes.

I mostly deployed ASAP with minimal equipment.

youtu.be/VofQjhpkJpY

Attached: MGSV-TPP-E3-2014-Screen-3.jpg (800x450, 46K)

>towns
That's an overstatement. Outposts made up of one or two huts is what I meant.

>script refers to Sally as "Sahelanthropus REX"
Surprising not surprising

if this game had realtime infighting between russians and afghans similar to what MGS4 was gonna be and roaming AI like STALKER it would have been GOAT

Why were security cameras even in the game? They were used like once.

fob

Oh right

I got bored with the game, sneaking around and being careful. I gave up and went full retard and it was kind of fun. Too bad it punishes you for having fun.

Not really. You can top rank missions going guns blazing if you're effective and fast.

Someone post that kino youtube vid of venom snek in the first game, rounds the game/series out for me

Its a goodbye from Big Boss, you earned his title because you were with the series for such a long time as a player and you are a part of his legend. You can still be your own man, but you deserve the title aswell.

Yes. But only if you can force youself to listen to tapes between missions. The story is in the tapes, and a lot of retards just skip them and then complain there's no story.

MSF soldiers are hardcore gay for Big Boss, to the point that they'll do anything for him. Raiden was just a homosexual.

It is pretty safe I'd you are geared for it. Never had trouble going full shock and awe especially since you can call in the chopper for air support

Sorry for reposting
It's the inverse of MGS2 where
>Raiden desires to become [completely] his own character at the end, separating from the player
compared to MGSV where
>Venom implicatedly chooses to remain the player and Snake's bitch after the ending
Fucking wuss. I never wanted this. I never wanted him to be my avatar, I never wanted him to be my bitch. He had the potential to shine as a full fledged persona, but noooooooooooooooooo
>"You" ''''are'''' Big Boss!!!! LOOOOOOL!!!!!!1
>Hideo Kojima thought this was a perfectly great idea

It's just a far worse version of MGS2's themes. All because Kojima wanted his new headcanon about Big Boss being the best guy ever who did literally nothing wrong to be the new canon.

It doesnt have any themes of MGS2 retard, except for being used which is a theme in every MGS game. The main theme of MGSV is revenge.

You are very stupid. Big Boss does some reprehensible shit in MGSV.

autism

Venom is no way like me though, to me he's not my avatar despite the facts, fuck this. I'll go full denial because lies are indeed more comfortable
Kaz is a bitch and I would have killed him in secret (and would have publicly executed Huey too) if I were Venom
Venom never did those things, so I'm once again going to lie and say that he's not me in any way

THE PAZ SUBPLOT AND SHINING LIGHTS SHOWS THAT HE HAS IS OWN CHARACTER, NONE OF WHICH I SHARE
FUCK YOU

>blows up a oil refinery and pollutes a whole area fucking with the areas indegenous population
>kills dozens of his own men
>huey emmerich's biased version of the story goes out into the world
In the eyes of the world bigg boss is evil af.

>MGS
>shadow manipulator is true bad guy
>MGS2
>MGS3
>MGS4
>MGSPW
>MGSV
>shadow manipulator is actually a nice guy despite him using the hospital patients as human shields and abandoning Kaz like an asshole

Oh yeah that part where he pretends to kill those children in the mines. The player knows he saves them the the world thinks he's a child killer.

Why are you fixated so much on the avatar thing? He has his own character, but he is a stand in for the player. Its just that simple.

>he is a stand in for the player
Of course he is, I've said that a million times. That's what avatars mean. Stand ins, metaphorical representations. Retard.

The point I'm making is that I'm going to lie and say that he's not a stand in for me, Venom is a nice guy and I'm an asshole. Plus my Venom is black man named Tyrone and I'm a white guy named James.

fuck off autist I see you spam your bullshit in every MGS thread

Why do you care

yes it is.

Either way, samefag or not, doesn't invalidate the point that he's not literally me and that he's not metaphorically me either even though Kojima said he is

He can be metaphorically anyone else for all I care, even coomers and smashfags, it's just that I can't see him as me in any way

Worst character ever

Its a character that causes autism loop in your head, thats why you hate it

>statements like "I don't like him being a stand in for me"
>are autistic to you
Explain.

Its not a matter of you liking it, its a stand in because its required for the message the story conveys. Whetever you like it or not doesnt matter at all.

Miller was planning to turn the two big bosses against each other out of revenge for having been left out of the plan, he eventually trains solid snake as the one to kill big boss

Yeah but it gets less fun once you reach a certain upgrade level. Once you're replacing everyone with S it gets very slow and grindy. Doing the sort of event or challange fobs makes a lot of this easier. BIG TIP that will save you a lot of head scratching and frustration later lock people with division important skills so theyre not auto binned or accidenally deleted.

>its required for the message the story conveys
Fuck the police, story my ass. For the last time I'm going to lie and say that he's not a stand in for me despite that he is

This game is shit and you should feel bad that this character ever existed, the best you can do is pretend that he's the real BiBo

You didnt understand anything I said. I dont want to talk to you, get a friend loser.

I perfectly did, and I choose to deny it because a game that focuses on meta is automatically shit.

Story > gameplay for the win, gameplay > story is barely passable and meta > everything else should be an offense, a taboo.

just pure autism, nothing else to say here

We literally knew this before the game launched

>tfw Kojima will never give us a waifu like Joosten ever again
It's just not fair bros

>having the opinion of "story > gameplay"
>hating meta games because you want a perfect, well done story (which we could have gotten if Kojima wasn't a hack) over everything else
>autism
Get a life pal

Attached: are you serious.jpg (200x219, 10K)

It is a well done story, you literally refuse to accept it and lie to yourself, thats what you said. I really dont want to talk to you anymore, because I have nothing to gain from it. Continue to sperg out but I wont reply.

>Story > gameplay
>pure autism
So I'm autistic for wanting a game where I could play as the real Big Boss, doing things that actually mattered in the story such as brainwashing soldiers into thinking he's a hero so that they foolishly join his cause in Outer Heaven?
Right.... 99% of Yea Forums must be autistic then.

Thats exactly what happened, playing as the brainwashed soldier is a much more interesting angle.
>Right.... 99% of Yea Forums must be autistic then.
Exactly

>Trying to spoil a four year old game
You're not just a dick, you're stupid, too.

>That's exactly what happened
No it wasn't. Everything in the story was an excuse to express what said
>Its a goodbye from Big Boss, you earned his title because you were with the series for such a long time as a player and you are a part of his legend. You can still be your own man, but you deserve the title aswell.
Big Boss is a still nice guy, all this "brainwashing" was a "good thing" for "you", "the player", it's all "meta". Hoo hoo, he sucks balls for being a generous caregiving sweetie and an outlet for Kojima's experiments with "the player".

Those posts are both by me user, because it is both. Big Boss certainly isnt a good guy for brainwashing his soldier so he can take all the heat while he builds another army because he lusts for war.

Pretty sure
>Big Boss certainly isnt a good guy for brainwashing his soldier so he can take all the heat while he builds another army because he lusts for war.
Was a side effect of the intentions of phantom BiBo being a stand in for the player. The script leak doesn't highlight him as devious in any way

Whats his name again?

>there are still retards
>who think that BB brainwashed Venom
>after four fucking years

Attached: laugh.gif (498x382, 350K)

yes. And even more yes if you're doing FOBs and then bragging about your rank on steam forums/pleddit and see all the seething sissies throw tantrums at you. Hilarious.

Not like he was against it, it was very convenient for him

Oops, meant to reply to

MGSV's story is kino

only timelinefags who wanted to see baby sniper wolf and thought you'd play as Solid Snake at the end hate it, it's another MGS2-tier masterpiece you're just butthurt because you don't have matthewmatosis and bunnyhop to explain its nuance and depth this time

>BiBo
>nice guy
more like nice goy

>abandoning kaz like an asshole
what

maybe if the game didnt end on a cliffhanger with the 3rd act unfinished you might be right

>it was very convenient for him
More like it couldn't be undone, the damage was already set in stone
Also when it comes to the shields
>As the above logo sequence occurs, we hear the fall of the aircraft carrying Mantis, caused by the real Snake (Ishmael in this part of the game) waking up.
If BB left early then Mantis would track him down and he would be dead meat.

Did you not play the game, retard? Kaz literally says "Big Boss can go to hell" because he left him behind for "a phantom".

Big Boss never trusted Kaz ever again after finding out he was working with Zero in Peace Walker. He was entirely cut out of his plans for Outer Heaven and was relegated to working with the decoy.

Good metal gear gameplay marred by too much open world padding. Traveling on horseback to your next mission is not fun imo.

There is no cliffhanger, it goes straight into Metal Gear 1 and loops the whole series. You know what happens to every single character after the events of MSGV.

>a bloo bloo the game is unfinished because a side character who's barely relevant to the main narrative had his sidequest cut

i thought they were talking about venom abandoning kaz

>More like it couldn't be undone, the damage was already set in stone
Wrong. He could have Ocelot put the Medic in rehab and revert his hypnosis just like how he did it to himself. And he didn't.
>If BB left early then Mantis would track him down and he would be dead meat.
He's the greatest soldier on Earth, he could handle Mantis fine. But he didn't want to, because he's a psychopath who can only focus on his lust for war.

You're really making things seem more complicated than they actually are.

shadow manipulator + MGSV = Big Boss. Big Boss is MGSV's shadow manipulator, are you fucking blind?

The first time I played through it, I thought it was a fun game and didn't know why everyone called it shit.

When I went to give a second playthrough a couple years later though, I saw nothing but flaws. Oh well.

>Wrong. He could have Ocelot put the Medic in rehab and revert his hypnosis just like how he did it to himself. And he didn't.
Straight up denying everything that I said, without any logic to prove your point (read: excuse for denial) either
>he's a psychopath who can only focus on his lust for war.
That's not what his character entirely is numbskull

As long as you're not looking for a satisfying conclusion to the saga storywise, yeah. Its raw gameplay design is top notch and is one of the best controlling and feeling games ever made. I just wish it had a co-op mode.

absolutely, the gameplay is stellar

>As long as you're not looking for a satisfying conclusion to the saga storywise, yeah

>Game is literally called THE PHANTOM PAIN
>wtf why didn't I get a feelgood neatly tied up conclusion???

Fucking hell I totally forgot about that particular scene.

I absolutely love this meme

The game is literally about feelings of powerlessness and loss and what people do in response to those emotions, it was never going to end in a conventionally "satisfying" way without being an entirely different story

What did you want from the game's story, exactly? And don't use meaningless platitutdes like A GOOD STORY LMAO, actually describe where it didn't work for you

I didn't want anything feel good, I just wanted a depiction of Big Boss's descent into villainy. That's all it needed to be. We didn't the Venom Snake twist. It adds absolutely nothing to the story.

>Was Big Boss deviously branwashing his body double for his own desires?
Why is this a question so hard for almost everyone to answer after more than A FUCKING MINUTE after the game got released?
This should have taken ONLY A MINUTE TO FIGURE OUT, EVEN A SECOND WOULD HAVE BEEN ENOUGH.
And yet it's taking four years. FOUR YEARS. NO CONSENSUS AT ALL.
WHY?

THE ANSWER IS FUCKING YES, THERE SHOULDN'T BE ANY NOS.

Attached: angrybotnik.gif (498x378, 953K)

That's what the story is about - he creates a martyr in his own image, a Big Boss who was a greater Big Boss than he was, and then abandons him to die when the mission suits him - treating one his most loyal soldiers as a pawn, something he swore he would never do, the entire reason he broke away from the US government because it's what they did to the Boss.

you just wanted a hamfisted grimdark story where Big Boss murders younglings and screams at the sky where his actual fall is much more subtle and less obvious than that - it's an ideological betrayal of everything he once stood for

it's literally not finished. "satisfying" doesn't necessarily mean feelgood and neatly packed up
go back to working on DS, kojumbo

Its finished, the story was finished in 2013. Only things missing from the game are Chico side op where you are tasked to kill him, battlegear tank and Kingdom of the Flies DLC that was scrapped early during the development. A DLC, not chapter 3, not an ending. The story of the main game would proceed exactly as it does even with this shit added.

>a Big Boss who was a greater Big Boss than he was
Whether Venom Snake is a better man than Big Boss or not is up to the player. He is a stand in for the player after all, the player contributes to his character.

Either way he helps Big Boss carry out an evil nuclear warmongering scheme in MG1 so he's automatically a piece of shit, equal to Big Boss.

>he creates a martyr in his own image, a Big Boss who was a greater Big Boss than he was
>a greater Big Boss than he was
>implying that Venom > BB just from one game that takes place way, way way before he's portrayed as a villain
You haven't seen Venom Snake in any game other than MGSV and MG1

You don't know whether he becomes an asshole in-between or not
Most importantly, you cannot judge a man overall, I repeat, overall, from what he did in the very past. Just because someone does a heroic thing in the year 197X while doing a very villainous thing in the year 199X does not make him a good guy/hero overall.

Stop assuming so much from so little.

This. We have only seen the very start and the very end of Venom's saga. We don't know anything about Venom between 1985 and 1994. Men usually gradually change over a long period of time. In this case, we once again, don't know for sure whether that logic applied to Venom or not.

Big Boss is a great example of it, his character didn't become "EVIL WAR LUSTING TYRANT" overnight.

>We don't know anything about Venom between 1985 and 1994
What goes on there is supposed to be filled in by the player. What the hell do you think Venom being an avatar of the player was for?

So, what are you saying... is my headcanon canon?
How am I supposed to fill it in? Certainly not with a 500 page story, Im not an autist that writes a plethora of Sonic fanfics

Attached: Tell me more.png (200x267, 57K)

Did anyone ever actually use vehicles? They seemed pretty useless to me.

By merely playing the game. Everything you do postgame is contributing to your Venom.

Writing tales through simply engaging in video games instead of pencil, paper, and dialogue boxes (a la RPGs).