What went wrong?

what went wrong?

Attached: mPTkO8q.png (1700x1000, 1.52M)

online-only retard garbage

Too much "content", game is a clusterfuck. They need to clear it up because this shit is starting to look like fucking MedianXL.
I'm happy though that necro got the spotlight finally, just waiting how fucking bad they are going to nerf it.

>hurr durr I'm literally underage and don't remember that everyone played on bnet with a ping of 200
Hardly an argument in this genre.

Seasons are cancer compelling you to play every season due to compulsion and addiction

the difference is that you could play offline in d2 you stupid fucking retarded zoomer faggot

Why the fuck would you, you underage zoomer braindead retard? Trading is a core part of the genre since you can't fucking find everything you need unless you are so autistic you are going to open 64k kurast chests for a Ber.
There is literally no fucking reason to play D2 or the rest of the genre in singleplayer.
You 14 year old subhumans piss me the fuck off talking about shit you know nothing about.

I'm gettin real sick of doing act 1-5 yet again every season just to see whats different.
God the early game is just fucking pointless slogging without even the basest semblance of a character.

If you've been in like 3 fucking leagues you should be able to start a level 50 character and not participate in the race shit.

It wasn't on the Epic Games Store.

Fuck off, Zhang.

>1-3 acts
>cruel difficulty
>racing
>level 80+ meaning something
PoE classic when?

Attached: 1362695855795.png (362x424, 238K)

3rd world Client and server stability

That was actually the last time I played PoE, was before the act 4 update, came back years later around 3.5 and theres 10 acts now and it's just the fucking difficulty button again except now its canon and they're slightly different?

Also they still don't know how to up the difficulty without just nuking your resists.

It's not Grim Dawn

okay, shit for brains

Pay real money for armor skins, aka the only reason you play an RPG.

>you can't fucking find everything you need
You're saying you can't complete hell difficulty entirely self found? lol

Enemy AI and combat system suck.

It's like nu wow, you kill ten billion mobs with one AoE spell, except that sometimes mobs do 200% of your HP with a crit.

It's not Diablo 2 with updated graphics and QoL changes.

I miss Marvel Heroes. Before it went console.

>I'm going to whine about a nonissue
Please just hang yourself. There are countless things wrong with the game but that's something a fucking retard who never actually played would pick.

>Diablo clones
>game ends when you complete the last difficulty
Why do people like you even come to these threads? Do you have brain problems?

Yes, the game actually ends when you don't have autism.

I mean that argument might work for Diablo 2 but there are bosses around in PoE after you have ran through the acts.
Acting retarded is facebook tier, child.

>Enemy AI
Wrong genre, are you very young?

Same shit every season

I wouldn't know since I stopped after act 10, because I'm not a retarded aspie or a chink.

Yet here you are in this thread. Is it brain problems?

too much currency bloat
more and more flashy shit which obstructs what's actually going on
designing bosses around alt-f4ing

> wouldn't know since I stopped after act 10
Mapping is lame as fuck but you haven't done Delve ever?

There are ARPGs with actual combat systems, you know.
They also suck shit just like PoE and diablo, but that's the whole genre for you.

I did some delve, not super deep or anything though because my build kinda sucked.

>I basically stopped playing the game midway
>haha I don't have autism guise
Take your casual braindead normalfag ass back to facebook, child.

No need to be so angry little aspie.

>didn't address AI
>no examples of combat systems or other games doing it better
Still thinking "wrong genre", young one.

No need to stick around people you have nothing in common with when you just want to spam memes, redditor.

Yeah, I guess I was mistaken, seems like the whole genre is pure shit.
Sorry man.

Everybody's build sucks, and delve just isn't good for certain builds.

bugs. thats really it. the game runs like shit on high end pcs for no reason while seemingly runs perfectly on midrange or lower end pcs.
performance is wildly inconsistent across the board and the game is a buggy mess in too many places. mechanics often contradict themselves and there are very peculiar rules about how things work at certain points. for example concentrated effect and devine ire. the tooltip for example only shows you the channeling damage that is not modified by area damage but by area effect. the inverse is true for the beam. if you didnt know these things youd think concentrated effect did nothing on divine ire. the info also isnt on the wiki but had to be stated by a developer after people asked about it. the game is full of these inconsistencies in gear, skills and terminology.

Attached: ragepoweredjetpack.png (450x310, 47K)

Aye, doesn't seem to be for you.
That's fine.

>game file size is getting bloated at an increasing rate every league causing loading issues even on SSDs due to their shithouse file management
>zero regression testing, or testing of any kind beyond "it compiles"
>picks a couple builds each league to buff to insane amounts while nerfing the builds people played the previous league, crippling build diversity and causing people to quit when their favourite builds get dumpstered
>servers are shithouse even with a tiny playerbase
>league mechanics themselves became "here's a thing, interact with it" instead of changing how the game was played so all people compare is how much loot or xp/hour they get out of it
>devs literally do not play their game or do any sort of maths at all when determining monster stats, unique items or player passives
>devs are so far up themselves that they refuse to fix problems even though the game is already on the decline despite having no direct competition

Attached: 1536692155355.jpg (720x960, 88K)

unnecessary feature creep, shipping broken content, reckless buffs and nerfs, disgusting mtx prices, and a fucking garbage engine
play ssf and/or wait for 4.0 in a year or so

Attached: 2019-09-13_08-54-07 poe.png (523x100, 34K)

>causing loading issues even on SSDs due to their shithouse file management
I haven't played for a long while but if that's the case then it's pretty bad. I remember moving the game to SSD drive and it was one of the most significant hardware upgrades to the game.

Cris keeps hyping 4.0 up, what do you think they're going to do?

>calls me a braindead zoomer
>doesn't know there was a whole community surrounding d2 SP
Just off yourself you stupid retard jfc

A whole community of retards. Literally no point to playing that game in singleplayer.
>inb4 open bnet
Then you are truly fucking braindead since that's not singleplayer.
Just because you were too poor to afford internet back then doesn't mean the game was meant to be played that way. Please kill yourself out of my board.

You're trying too hard. Pretty cringe :(

It might be more than a year at this point. Chris came out with a post about their release schedule that more or less admitted that they're just going to be sandbagging until Diablo 4 is announced/released.

>haha I posted on the forums what I found in SP
>what an amazing community
Literal subhuman. If you unironically think playing these games alone, offline is the optimal way then I am done with you.
Imbecile cockgoblin.

Still trying too hard. It's just getting cringeier :(

play ssf

>NOOOO PEOPLE AREN'T ALLOWED TO ENJOY THINGS I DON'T ENJOY
Still stuck at age 14 i see

Obviously it is coming off as trying too hard because you children weren't around this site a decade ago.

What? How does that even make sense? It's the same game offline or online.

Attached: 1365770856129.jpg (800x600, 38K)

i'm chris wilson from grinding gear games
something really big replacing the pantheon system, probably something similar to the grim dawn constellation mechanic
huge changes to end game mapping to please core audience
the return of racing
probably adding another few acts
and removing the lord's labyrinth for some reason
also removing threshold jewels as they're fucking dumb
just my guesses

I'm older than you though. I think tencent has just rotted your brain to the point of being braindead. Fact is plenty of people enjoyed D2 single player to the point where there was even a small community of players that was created around it. You screeching they're retarded cause you were busy leeching and buying gear and botting on b.net isn't really gonna change that.
But i expected nothing less from a person who defends path of exile ;)

I've just returned and having a blast. Loot pinata tower defense mechanics are great so far.
The only gripe I have with this league is how low the drop rates are for the exclusive tower maps. For the ones who aren't playing right now, you find the tower defense on every map, but not as long in its duration from the designated maps.
They should change it that you either get more of these maps or can repeat them if you fail. There is just too little room to fail here from the player's perspective.

I posted The game is not fun, I play a day or so every league then fuck off. The point was being always online is hardly the problem holding the game back.
Do you literal fucking 14 year old child really need me to explain how a genre centered around loot benefits from trading?
I understand that you are braindead but could you at least try? Call your mom in and have her help explain the concept maybe?

Holy shit, what are you even arguing about? SFF is cucked and literally gimping yourself for no apparent reason.
You won't find gear enabling items and so on. It's as retarded as playing hc in a game which randomly one shots you.
Why do you asperger throw a fit whenever someone wants to play in a party?

>a genre centered around loot benefits from trading
>I slew a boss and got an epic item it was guarding
vs
>I saved up a billion chipped gems and bought an epic item from a russian botter
This genre went the way it did because of autistic mmotards.

- The game has barely any content and gates what little there is behind five thousand layers of RNG and grind.
- Seasons are shit. As an SSF player I don't want to keep losing my shit every season. It takes me forever to get anywhere. I wouldn't mind playing on Standard but no current league mechanics fuck you.
- The game is designed around trading. You can play SSF but unless you enjoy the extra extra challenge you're not going to have a good time. I only chose SSF because as far as I'm concerned trading defeats the entire point of the game and I want to play an ARPG not a trading simulator.
- Expected to pay extra for quality of life features that are standard in any other game. Stash space in a loot-heavy game? Good-looking gear? Proper inventories? Pfft, luxuries.
- All the design team's effort goes into microtransactions. There is no transmog in the game and most of the gear you can get in the game looks like shit so you even your endgame character looks like a hobo-clown. Making your way from hobo to demi-god and your appearance in general is a vital part of character progression of any RPG, but not in Path of Exile.
- Outrageously expensive microtransactions. Even a single pair of wings can cost as much as a full priced game. Now I get it. It's free to play and they need to make money but this isn't even greed anymore, it's downright psychopathy.

>I take pride in being absolute fucking dogshit at the game
>I have a """community""" of cheerleaders to tell me how epic I am for getting a lucky drop
You casual trash are the cancer killing video games. Just because you were a 12 year old retard when it came out and you had no idea what to do ingame doesn't mean it was meant to be played that way.
Classic WoW is a great example of this. You would be the retard that's still not max level while the adults already cleared everything within a week. Fuck you and your kind.

Not much, it's still quite enjoyable game for a week or two every league.

I like how you fully admitted to playing WoW. lmao

>SSF and mental gymnastics with no arguments
WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY?
For christ sake, why do you people expel yourselves from half the game? You don't need to constantly play with others, you don't need to trade, you can play it as a single player and buy shit from others if you can't find it yourself. Why the fuck do you deny yourself half the game? Is it some self imposed challenge nobody gets here? "Defeating the purpose", another deranged idea what and whatever that is supposed to mean.

I didn't, I don't play carebear PvE garbage MMOs. I did follow the "race" though and it was a fucking joke. Just like you, you fucking clown.

console release. requires all skills to be simple

>you can play it as a single player and buy shit from others if you can't find it yourself.

That's kind of the point. It's not much of a build when you're not actually building your character and instead just go to virtual IKEA and get everything on the shopping list. Such gameplay.
But you're never going to get those build enablers etc otherwise.

You can target farm most things just stop being absolute dogshit at the game.

This.

>Turn fire to ice damage and other cruazy shit? Yeah.
>I could have taken a unique item to alter my skills and what easily from the market for a couple of chaos orbs
>oh no I can't find it in my SSF self imposed bullshittery
>My build has to be a super regular shit and I have to farm 12 hours for deviation cards in an area I don't like and maybe never get the map drops for
>oh haha shit game has no potential and bland character development xD
Fucking SSF idiots. I swear to god, GGG should have never catered to them.

How dead is the new league? After back to back bad leagues, you would think people would stop showing up.

I played all the way till tier 15 maps then gave up. The game is "fun" for a while, then it just becomes mindlessly grinding for currency. The endgame stuff (which is basically just maps and 2 bosses) is mediocre and uninteresting when you realize this is the rest of the game. Leveling and slowly putting together my build was the most fun part.

They've made it too easy to progress. Back in the day you couldn't even get to maps if you were playing a greedy build with 400 hp. Now it doesn't even matter anymore.

other user is right you know. there was an sp crowd, tryhard faggot noob.
quoted for truth

Not a terrible idea in my opinion. 10 acts are already long enough to hold casuals back from maps, if they ever arrive there.
Kitava's baby tantrums with its super laser is enough of a challenge to filter.

Legion was pretty good

tower defense without setup phases in between

The problem is that you can bruteforce the fight on softcore. They should reset the fight on death and if you're playing in a party kitava should eat the player and heal back to full.

>tfw actually like the game a lot even though everyone claims its dead or dying
Am i retarded or is Yea Forums just being contrarian again

Attached: Horton hits a ho.webm (640x360, 2.79M)

too many layers of confusing bullshit. i’m too dumb for all this

Yea Forums is terminally retarded. Don't listen to people who love to rage.

The game is a bit bloated because of remnants of former leagues, but it's mostly Yea Forums being tarded.

How PoE was made
>take all the good parts of Diablo 2
>throw those in the trashcan
>take all the worst parts of Diablo 2
>call them the best of parts of Diablo 2 build a game out of them

It's just Yea Forums being retarded. It's still crazy popular and continues to get more and more players every day.

I love the game but it's extremely intimidating for new players, which I think they need to fix. I don't know how, but they should; somehow.

t. someone who never liked diablo 2

I dunno if they should fix it, the learning curve and expansive skill tree etc. is also what makes the game unique and not just a shitshow like D3.

Yea Forums is as bad at PoE as it is at fighting games.

Not everything should be like D2
t. a guy who owns 4 copies of D2 and still plays ladders regularly

caterted to russian basement-dwelling RMT shitlords. Oh and reddit.

Attached: PhysicalRhoa.webm (854x480, 2.44M)

>I fuck man ass!

>Mapping is lame as fuck
Then what the fuck are you doing after 3 hours of leveling a character?

>I suck tranny cock for a living!

Delve, has mapping rotted your brain or did you just stop reading halfway?

>delving
>without doing maps
Where did you download this hack or are you still stuck in the depth 20 mines?

>it's another thread filled with people misrepresenting the game with inane comments and no actual knowledge
Literally worse than the subplebbit and poeg combined. Go play something else.

>be me, ancient karui god
>hungry af one day, see some faggot roasting birds
>"lol dude take a rest I'll watch the grill for you"
>sucker falls for it, eat all the birds
>Tukohama comes back, pissed
>that fucking chad fucks up my face then invite me to go fishing
>baits look good, decide to eat them
>other faggots on boat gets mad and throw me into the sea
>fish looks good, eat them
>faggots upset about me destroying the ocean whip me and throw me into the abyss
>eternity later wakes up
>sin and innocence beat me up for no reason
>mfw
All I wanted was something to eat fuck these guys.

Attached: 1200px-Kitava,_the_Insatiable.png (1200x984, 1.35M)

Your only mistake was not eating the fucker who fucked your face up and the rest of the faggots who shitted on you.

It got too popular and it was later bought by tencent so "we" hate it now, not because of some gameplay or mechanics changes.

I don't care about the quality of the game, I only played the beta and got bored because it just felt grindy and a follow the viable aka OP build type game. I'm only interested in the single player quality of the campaign and everything that comes with it, maybe coop. The devs making the game are making it for other types of "people".
Also the fanbase that latched on is trash and annoying

>muh league and rank
>muh endgame content
>muh build
>muh trading grinded drops

proof you don't have to be a blizzdrone to be have a subhuman's brain

why the fuck was he in that statue?
seems like a cop out by the devs, they wanted you go to orianth but didn't know how to put kitava there

you have suffered brain damage from your exposure to the internet and blizzard online games at an early age
can't stop laughing

Greed. Specifically inventory clutter cancer

The problem with poe currently is how they balance their game. They force a meta by completely overbuffing something every league and nerfing everything else. What's the point of having a huge skill tree if the devs pick the build for you every league?

>greed
>only cosmetics MTX
How are they supposed to make money? Donations?

This. Seasonal gameplay has ruined this genre. It's an easy way of tricking your playerbase into thinking there's more content than there really in.
and in PoE's case, making them buy market stash tabs for the 10th time.

Sell the game for 20-30 bucks, no MTX or subscription fees. Make one final update, clean up bugs and start something new instead of milking the same game to death

Some people like game as services, why should everyone bow to your opinion of whats right for product model?

Uhh there are microtransactions that affect gameplay like the stash tabs

>we live in a world where "getting the spotlight" = being the best build, par none, with no currency investment.
man, what a time to be alive

>20-30 bucks
lmao delusional, no company can turn in profits for 30 bucks standalone games without any other source of income
This is not 1990 anymore, cheapfuck.

>LIVE SERVICES
There was a time when games were full experiences that a person could just buy outright to experience. You must be too young to remember. Unironically kill yourself.

There's 10 acts now so you can level to 70 without having to replay the same fucking campaign three times which no one liked, and fuck you for pretending you did. That was the worst part of playing a new character. At least now, even though you still have to redo the campaign multiple times per league, you don't see the same area nine fucking times per run.

And they're didn't change anything about resists. You were always meant to have a -60% penalty by the end of the campaign and it's never been hard to cap. They just don't say "lol it's Cruel difficulty now, you have a resist penalty" to pretend like it's a difficulty increase.

There's no one pining for how PoE used to be, except maybe on the economy side of things, but you can't have a small economy in a big game.

Considering they have been making money off the game for years now, 20-30 bucks seems reasonable. If it was a brand new game then 50+ would be called for...

then join a private league and do group self-found with friends or hell, even random fags from reddit

Me too. I miss making an illusion army with loki; spidey was my main though

you don't lose stash tabs between seasons , or have I misunderstood your post? also, you can play standard and not have to deal with seasons, as many people do. They end up introducing the better mechanics into the game after leagues.

The game turned into a mess of gimmicks due to the league formats, and standard is absolutely a dead, wasted mess, and as if that wasn't bad enough it's also a SJW central now and you can't even call niggers, niggers in global chat anymore without some cumbreather fag reporting you to keep sucking on mod's cock.

Also there's not a single league that isn't filed with bugs and glitches during the first month, the fucking 3 month cycle is nowhere near for these coding kiwis.

>There's no one pining for how PoE used to be, except maybe on the economy side of things
At this point i'd welcome a marketboard just so I stop having to fight with retards in whispers and getting no replies.

I think its actually kind of cool. Innocence was the one to defeat kitava (even before the beast was born) so it makes sense he will imprison him somehow, so what's better then a big statue of himself, since innocence was hard into self dick sucking.
Furthermore, kitava is god of corruption and is vengeful, so turning the statue into it's own body and manifest himself from it is both a symbolic act of corruption (turning innocence symbol into something evil) and a way to mock the fallen god.

Real question is though, was sin and innocence really who they said they are, or did they replace roles at some point? There are conflicting hints..

>tower defense league
>forced necro meta

gee, I wonder why this league has only half the players that legion did

Attached: 1565439396521.png (225x225, 4K)

Times change, granpa, development costs more, devs are much less talented and passionate, the industry is full of affirmative action and nepostism. The command is not on the hands of devs themselves but corporate investors.

reading the thread I understand this genre has truly failed and deviated into the wrong direction

Attached: lol.jpg (677x651, 133K)

You did back when I played. They transfered your seasonal tabs into non-seasonal tabs when the season ended. If that's no longer the case, that's an improvement atleast.
You do miss out on the experimental content though. There's no reason they can't temporarily introduce all of those mechanics into standard play. Plus with the massive amounts of rebalancing that seasonal content brings, it will effect your standard play. I boot up the game after having been away for a year and my build is completely reset, half my legendaries do something else now, many key skill nodes have changed, and so on.

>- The game has barely any content and gates what little there is behind five thousand layers of RNG and grind.
You're saying this as someone who has never done more than like, 5 or 6 challenges per league, right? I'm guessing so.

>Seasons are shit. As an SSF player I don't want to keep losing my shit every season.
So play fucking Standard, you retard. You'll just be one league behind, but who gives a fuck if you're playing SSF anyway?

>The game is designed around trading. You can play SSF but unless you enjoy the extra extra challenge you're not going to have a good time.
No fucking shit. SSF is literally a self-imposed challenge you can take on to make the game harder on yourself. It tells you this when you check the fucking box. That's literally like saying you want to pay a WoW subscription but you're annoyed they don't make single-player raids for you.

>Expected to pay extra for quality of life features that are standard in any other game. Stash space in a loot-heavy game? Good-looking gear? Proper inventories? Pfft, luxuries.
You could try not hoarding shit. You don't need cosmetics for gear and spells, especially if you're in FUCKING SSF. They don't change anything about the gameplay. Also, What "inventories" do you mean, you can't buy inventory space, you fucking idiot.

>All the design team's effort goes into microtransactions. There is no transmog in the game and most of the gear you can get in the game looks like shit so you even your endgame character looks like a hobo-clown.
PoE isn't a fucking standard RPG you idiot. It's an ARPG where you're a small character on screen plowing through tons of enemies, grinding for rare items with a low drop chance. The amount of time you spend looking at your gear is minimal. Also there is transmog, you can buy skin transfers for like a buck for 5 of them. They let you transfer the appearance of any item to any other, and you can make your gear look like lots of the cool unique items if you want.

>You did back when I played. They transfered your seasonal tabs into non-seasonal tabs when the season ended. If that's no longer the case, that's an improvement atleast.
They never did that. When a league ends, everything always gets merged into Standard, and any tab you had an item in during a League becomes a Remove-Only temporary tab in Standard, which will disappear when you take all the items out of it.

I've got something like five or six hundred Remove-Only tabs in Standard right now because I cannot be fucked to organize that shit and I don't play Standard anyway. Most people who play the game are in a very similar situation.

I remember trying this out at the start of year and it felt like i was just murdering everything it didn't feel hard in the slightest, pretty boring honestly big disapointment after hearing how good it was, i didn't really get that far though so maybe that's why.

>They don't change anything about the gameplay.
This is pretty blatantly false. You can't even trade properly or properly store the 50 different currency items without buying tabs. I'm actually mostly okay with this though since the game is free-to-play. I begin to take issue, though, when the game makes trading online necessary to reasonably expect to progress. in-game trading needs an overhaul.

>I boot up the game after having been away for a year and my build is completely reset
Yeah no shit. They change the passive tree all the time. They change items all the time to. Also there's no fucking "legendaries" you inbred fuck, and also they very, VERY rarely alter items already on characters unless they change the wording of broad mechanics. 9.9/10 times, if they change a unique or even a rare it's mods or mod pool, the ones you have will not change and you now have a "legacy" version, which sometimes appreciate much more in value due to not existing anymore.

you have a legit case of the retard, i'm so sorry user

Am I just retarded, then? I played during Harbingers (I think?) and when I rerolled for the next league I remember that my tabs were gone. Did I just not look hard enough?

I said cosmetics don't change anything about gameplay, obviously stash tabs will alter your ability to store things.

And why would you have a problem with a need to trade when the game is literally designed and marketed as an online economy? You can complain that the actual method for finding trades needs a re-work, and sure that has validity, but to complain about the need to trade in general is literally a brainless comment. Also you don't actually need to trade. You can play SSF just fine, unless your definition of "progress" is "clear every bit of content as fast as everyone in trade league", which is retarded.

I'm a different poster than the first guys. I agree with you about trading. I see no issues in a healthy market. My only complaint there is the need to use 3rd party websites to trade effectively.

game is fine.
playing since 2012 with several lvl100's in both sc and hc.

a lot to do each season but I guess this kind of genre/game isnt for 4chin. I mean you actually need to learn stuff and put time into the game to get somewhere.

you guys would rather post stupid reddit memes or hentai stuff. to each its own I guess.

I can't reach into your head and see what you think or are convinced happened. But Harbinger wasn't even that long ago and I can tell you for 100% certain that nothing about how stash tabs work has changed since then. When a temporary League like Harbinger starts, all of your stash tabs (both your 4 base tabs, and any premium tabs you have bought ever) are there for you to use. These are not connected to anything you have on permanent Standard league. When the temporary league like Harbinger ends, it's merged to Standard, and any tab that had at least 1 item in it will become a temporary Remove Only tab, alongside all your others in Standard. It will exist there forever until you remove the items from it, after which it will disappear. When a new temporary league starts, like Blight which is currently going on, you will log into it exactly like you did in Harbinger, with all your stash tabs empty and available.

You will never lose tabs you've paid for, that can't happen.

I think you're retarded. Tabs are permanently bought, you just have to fill them up each league.

Huh. Idk how I missed that. Thanks for the info user. Might actually boot it up and play sometime then.

I don't inherently disagree, I think the third-party site, even GGG's own trade site, isn't an ideal solution and trade needs a big overhaul. I do, however, also understand and partially agree with GGG's point of view on the principle of trading that putting a passive in-game Auction House would devalue the act of trading itself and remove a lot of what makes hunting for items to buy interesting.

It's a hard problem to solve and I agree partially with both camps, which makes having a strong opinion on how to fix it difficult. But to claim trading itself is inherently stupid or not good is retarded.

ah for "currency".
real trading for uniques/rares/items in general.

that would do the job imho.

I guess. Currency is a complicated issue, and trust me I have my own complaints about it after fucking Legion league where I bought more Exalts one-by-one than I ever have in a league (I was one of those idiots who paid 170Ex for a Headhunter before they tanked, just to be able to say that I did), and almost all of those were made by flipping through multiple smaller currencies to get the Chaos to buy each Ex. I scarred me in a way I never want to deal with again.

So I agree that buying an selling currency should be quicker and easier. But in my head, I think that anything in-game should honestly just be something akin to a direct PoETrade feed. Like, it lists buyers and sellers, and what they buy and sell, but you'd still have to actually contact them to negotiate. Part of me wouldn't hate it, but part of me thinks that I don't want to just press a button and have my items delivered to me instantly and anonymously.

They could take the third party solution and just put it in game. Make an ebay-like solution when you can either buy it for the requested price/items or contact them and negotiate a price. The economy in PoE is one of the healthier ones I've seen because they have a huge currency sink (currency is just a consumable item that is very useful).

My only issue would have to be that most builds are not that optimal and theres been more than one occassion where I have hit a wall only to restart again because of my build being bad.

other than that I would like transformations in this game like diablo 2 with the druid.

>Make an ebay-like solution when you can either buy it for the requested price/items or contact them and negotiate a price.
GGG has specifically said that while people say "auction house" what they really mean is a "buyout house", similar to how Amazon took over Ebay's business because no one actually wanted to bid on Ebay for things, they just wanted to buy them straight away, and Ebay wasn't made for that.

And GGG doesn't want to make a system where you just type in what you want, hit Buy, and it's there for you without any interaction with NPC or Player. This is why finding a solution that fits their stated principles and serves the needs of the community is tough.

The primary reason I can't enjoy it is the reason the game retains its playerbase. Anything worth a crap in the game has an extremely small chance to drop, even if you're doing targeted farming. It's made worse by the fact that there's now about a good 10 "endgame" encounters, they're all essentially separate, and they're all tuned to produce next to zero rewards.

>shaper
>elder/uber elder
>atziri/ uber atziri
>betrayal
>incursion
>delve
>abyss
>legion

Probably forgetting some previous league mechanics as well. After playing the legion league for almost the entirety of the 3 months it was on, I received literally 0 rewards worth a fuck from any of these. Some mechanics are extra cancer in that not only are the drops random, you first have to set up some random layout using (of course) random actions. The only expensive item I ever actually got to drop for myself in the game was a fucking divination card.

Playing through legion and trying to craft anything myself made me hate the trading system as well. It's fine for big purchases, like anything you would wear on your character, but when you want to buy rare'ish crafting items in bulk it becomes pure cancer. I reached a point buying essences when ~150 whispers would result in 3-5 responses.

I came back to legion after a year-long hiatus, and I'm not ever coming back again unless they reduce the bloat.

calm down m8

shitty boss mechanics because muh alt+f4 gamestyle

fuck this game

>I fuck for god exile, who do you fuck for?

Attached: Gravicius.png (269x269, 98K)

the most boring game I've ever played

Act 1-10 is just the games tutorial. The real game doesn't begin until post Acts.
You should give it another go. It's quite the journey to the current final boss of the game.

Except the bosses that you would want to farm depend very much on the value of the items they drop. Everyone was farming Shaper and Elder in Legion because Cyclone was so strong that it made Starforge and Voidforge valuable items. The league immediately before it? Neither of those were worth shit, so farming them was a waste of time, you can just buy it.

Also, you don't need to farm any bosses when you can just buy the items you need from someone who does farm them.

>After playing the legion league for almost the entirety of the 3 months it was on, I received literally 0 rewards worth a fuck from any of these.
There's no possible way you "target farmed" multiple bosses enough for it to actually matter. I'm gonna go ahead and guess you didn't do Uber Elder, certainly not multiple times, and never did any 5-way Legion runs.

Abyss isn't something you can target-farm reliably, and even still there's only one item of real value and Shroud of the Lightless isn't even that good anymore.

I doubt you knew how to farm Elreon rings in Betrayal, much less did Masterminds for Paradoxica while that was big money, before it tanked.

Incursion has no rewards of any value except the double-corrupt shrine.

Delve has no rewards worth farming bosses for.

I know you didn't farm 5-ways to try and get Timeless jewels and the Legion farming was about bulk currency or the rare, rare, rare Headhunter drop.

So I'm going to guess you don't know much about what you're talking about.

Eternal reminder that we won D3faggots.
4.0 aka "PoE 2" is being revealed in a few months, D4 Mobile will be DoA.

Attached: 1550802793000.png (581x131, 40K)

Piling mechanics on top of each other does not a fun game make. Map system is not conducive to an end game environment and skills are at their best when they can be spammed without worry. The games balance and it's optimal play are at odds with each other and that will continue to be the case for it's entire life, because there isn't a need to use multiple skills to build up peak damage for most builds. Just pile on aura, use something like Orb of storms to get a debuff out and then your chosen damage skill. So fun.

the fact you pretend this game has any depth at all is hilarious

2012? It's been so long already?

90% of people who try PoE expect it to be a normal RPG, where you enter the beginning of the story, you level up as the campaign goes on, and then once you finish the boss of the campaign and save the day, it's over. They think everything was easy and they won and they don't understand what game everyone else is playing because that's not the experience they had.

Honestly, it's probably for the best because most of them would just cry that it's unfair once they get into maps.

Chris Wilson has straight up said he loves Median XL and he bases a lot of his design philosophy off of it. The

Yo be fair the whole map grind get pretty boring.

Got bought out by chinks.
Before that, online-only was a retard move.

>There's no one pining for how PoE used to be
oh piss off, I miss the pacing so damn much
remember when you used to keep a separate single-target skill on hand because mobs had health and hit back? Yeah, didn't think so.
The game doesn't play much at all like how it did at release/in beta.

>removing the lord's labyrinth

Attached: 1564228277010.jpg (2000x2000, 374K)

They had the opportunity to make up for some major shortcomings of the game with those cards and it hurts me to see just how fucking shit they are.

>remember when you used to keep a separate single-target skill on hand because mobs had health and hit back? Yeah, didn't think so.
I've been playing since launch and never did this. I've used secondary skills in the past for bossing specifically, but never just for random enemies in melee range.

Obviously the game is much faster than it used to be, there's more sources of movement and action speed, more movement skills and they're all instant now, you kill faster, and it requires more onscreen to keep the challenge up. I don't deny any of that. I just don't think anyone wants to play at a snail's pace without loot filters.

I could do with never running Lab again.

The fucking spaghetti code went wrong, that's what.
Every new league is fucking unplayable for a ~month or so, yet by that time the playerbase is already dying off (most likely because the game is shitting itself so hard it's a fucking chore).
Legion was a clusterfuck at the beginning, but this league is even fucking worse. Instances commit sudoku every 5 minutes and game randomly crashes to desktop (and kills the instance as well) whenever it fucking wants.
I just gave up, I can't deal with THIS level of fucked. Maybe I'll come back in october when it will hopefully be made playable, but then again I'll probably just forget about it by that time.
I don't know anything about 4.0 but I hope it's on new fucking engine or completely remade to not shit itself or something.

>I've never done this except for when I did
ok
>I just don't think anyone wants to play at a snail's pace without loot filters.
Then stop trying to think.

Wonder why he doesn't think to lift the one fucking good thing about it, then, rewarding challenges and well-balanced builds by rewarding you for actually doing the damn content instead of the 1% you specialized in.

Reading comprehension much

>remember when you used to keep a separate single-target skill on hand because mobs had health and hit back?
>mobs

> I've used secondary skills in the past for bossing specifically, but never just for random enemies in melee range.
>bossing

I played on and off since release, but coming back for new leagues just feels like a chore. There are too many obscure mechanics from previously leagues that you need to interact with to play efficiently. You should be able to turn your brain off and have fun, but there is too much shit to keep up with now. The loot even stresses me out because I have to price check every drop my filter shows because rares can be better than uniques, plus you need to pick up shit for chaos recipee, etc. There needs to be a middle ground between casualized Diablo 3 and "read a guide or your build is worthless" poe.

>what went wrong?
GGG refuses to address Animate Weapon, even in the summoner revamp update
The skill is 100% dead as long as they make league content that doesn't drop weapons as the enemies are killed. Chains of Command was made as a band-aid so that they wouldn't have to address the root of the issue

pick my new build

default attack

Dominating blow Templar

Required elemental resist is still retarded.
Builds revolve around items rather than items AND skill tree.
Clearspeed meta
Tencent
They stopped updating the story
Nerfed the skill tree to the ground
Due to need of specific items for builds, but no way to deterministically farm items, the entire game revolves around getting currency to trade rather than actually fucking looting items
Optimization went to absolute bottom of the barrel shit
Power creep rather than focusing on making old skills and builds viable or introducing more options
Selling your company to one of the biggest companies on earth while also pretending to be a small indie company so people will keep buying overpriced mtx
Not using the said money from the sale to organically grow the company and make the game more robust
Removing most of the new features and only making the accessible in lategame
Forcing people to repeat the story ad infinitum
Getting REAL close to absolute bullshit microtransaction practices
Bloating the stash with 5000 different currencies with low stacking numbers
Using the Blizzard way of balancing things
Nerfing actually challenging content while keeping gearchecks in
Not making ssf a dedicated solo experience

Attached: chen 2.png (554x436, 71K)

>the game runs like shit on high end pcs for no reason while seemingly runs perfectly on midrange or lower end pcs
lolno my poor toaster can't even run it at stable 20 fps on the lowest res with runescape classic graphics

>and removing the lord's labyrinth
I'm not touching your garbage and if you touch my boy Sin in any way I'll fucking make the Tarrant massacre look like a fucking child play.

Attached: u wot m8 3.jpg (354x291, 37K)

what's the point of ten gajillion builds and classes when the entire gameplay loop boils down to "right click, entire screen explodes, move to next screen"? The only thing that changes is the color of the particle that explodes the screen

Yeah they are who they say they are, Innocence is the overbearing father of zealous religion, Sin is the chaotic god that strives for self agency and strength.

The endgame is just bad. Once you complete the story part all you're going to do is spam maps to get slightly better randomized gear with 2 endgame bosses that are impossible with some builds.

The game is a glorified phone gachi game

Worst fans of all time. Ask for advice and get called a retard who should kill themselves for not inherently knowing literally everything and not having already completed über max tier ultra endgame dungeons blindfolded via carrier pigeon connection.

>listening to all of these shitters on this board give their opinion on PoE
That's gonna be a yikes from me. Post those times.

Attached: poetime.png (578x86, 31K)

SSF is the only way to play an ARPG.

Miss me with that gay ass trading and rushing shit.

>he plays softcore

Attached: 1257315237748.jpg (760x571, 41K)

what's on that picture

can't look good without paying

>fire to ice
>deviation
dumb newcunt defending a game he barely even has 10 hours in. keep your worthless opinions to yourself

Retarded nerfs and gimmicky minigame league mechanics.

Zero investment in world building, plot lines getting built only to get abandoned every few months.

>2 endgame bosses that are impossible with some builds
>endgame
>only some are not viable
In my experience viable builds are the exception, not the norm. Even the standard campaign bosses are incompatible with just winging it. You absolutely need to have a specialized very specific build for literally everything. The endgame just ramps that up to eleven trillion. My first* character, a rapid chaos split arrow based capped resistance teleporting ranger could barely kill regular end Kitava by dying 30 times despite outleveling the boss by 10. Then I got one-shotted by Atziri's oversouls. You simply cannot do just whatever in this game. You need to know in advance what you're going to be doing and work towards that your entire playthrough and hope you can acquire what you need. It's not really a true negative though, because games shouldn't just have easy modes for those who don't want to put in the effort. A shame that I can never find out about the lore aspects of any of the engame stuff because all online resources revolve entirely around just killing stuff and getting loot. Nobody who actually makes it to the Shaper cares about what it says.

*beat the game once with my first and only character and I'm never playing again

its a boring peace of trash
this kind of game design is burned out, you cant make a good Diablo 2 game anymore because there is no originality and it just gets boring.