Metroid

Wanna go snort some Aeion and Phazon?

Attached: Samus work suit.jpg (792x890, 107K)

Aeion? More like GAYon!

Attached: 03039394839.jpg (466x690, 57K)

Phazon's where it's at boys.

Attached: Dark Samus.png (750x650, 334K)

The Smash design is real nice, same with Ridley. Almost makes up for Samus still looking like steaming shit in the Other M suit.

Replaying Super Metroid for the millionth time on SNES Online and I realized something: I've never not done a 100% run. That is to say, I've never got the suit less ending. Only ever the helmet removal. Furthermore, and of greater importance to me, I've never done a low percent run either? I wonder how that would be.

Has anyone here down a low percent Super run? How low can you go? How hard is it?

Eh, atleast Samus's textures aren't fucking dogshit now, her suit looks smooth and clean, not rusty and smeared.

You can go pretty low in Super. 14% is the standard and there are some choices about what items to choose, but that requires some awkward glitches in Maridia since you're skipping the gravity suit.

I hear somewhere that in the PAL release of Super Metroid the water physics are completely different, care to inform me?

fuck yeah I love drugs

Atleast they made Ridley a unique character and didn't give him a dumbass fucking counter move, he even has the obligatory Falcon Punch move. It's almost as if they designed him in the spirit of older games like 64 and Melee, where Ridley even appears in the intro.

I'm not familiar with the PAL conversion very much. To my understanding they sped up the game to compensate for the lower framerate, which lead to some oversights such as being able to skip Torizo. I don't know anything about water physics specifically.
The point where you usually need the gravity suit is the room with the Mochtroids where you need to speed boost through a wall. Without these powerups you have to clip through. Navigating Maridia without the suit otherwise is doable in the US version.

Aw yeah this Phazon shit's pretty good HNNNNNNNNNNNG

Attached: sheer heart attack.jpg (1024x821, 58K)

>People saying Other M was "not bad, just utterly mediocre"
>completely ruining the metroid formula is somehow not awful
People are just too eager to call a game shit nowadays, huh? Mediocre is somehow a better term.

Attached: Samus hmm.png (164x149, 58K)

No, Other M was shit, anyone who thinks that it’s “better than shit” or “mediocre” are smash secondaries who complained about an accurate term for them until it got wordfiltered.

Smash secondaries? Bitch what?

For years I used to prefer Prime 2 over 1, but after replaying both recently, Prime 2 has the better aesthetic and atmosphere but Prime 1 has better gameplay
I also expected backtracking to be a complete chore but in the end there always was an elevator nearby that took you to the area you needed to go, so now I take "backtracking in the Prime 1 and 2 are bad" with less weight

Right now I'm going through Powerslave EX and it definitely feels like a precursor to Prime as far as design goes, I'm having a good time. Would be neat if there was actual save points in the areas though.

Attached: samus blingee.gif (400x298, 212K)

Sheesh, Maridia without Gravity sounds like a nightmare. Might pick it up just because of that.

What about this one? I think it's really good, they couldn't try making beautiful worlds so they made them spooky instead, and even then there are some pretty eye catching locals, like the empty vastness of space in the Celestial Archives.

Attached: metroid prime hunters.jpg (334x299, 149K)

It'd be really cool if Prime 4 had a remastered version of Hunters as its Multiplayer mode.

I haven't tried it but from what I've seen the control scheme is unintuitive and there doesn't seem to be much in terms of Metroid design
Now I'd wish I could play Prime Trilogy on my machine but it's such a toaster Dolphin chugs like a snail, so I'm sticking with the two Prime games and Powerslave EX

Yeah man, that shit was fucking awesome, so good that it sold like hot cakes in Japan, where arena shooters and Metroid sell like shit.
Now's the time, with Sylux being the antagonist (probably).

You mean Protagonist, Sylux is gonna blow the lid off of the Federation and reveal how bad they really are.

some people got into Metroid because of Smash Brothers and those people are called "Smash Secondaries".

They are also the scapegoats for one guy's trolling by saying that those Smash Secondaries love Other M

>Phazon's where it's at boys.

Attached: 1383850465031.jpg (282x331, 35K)

Based, but if Prime 4 takes place before 2, Super and Fusion then there's gonna be some inconsistancy. To see Samus clash against Sylux when she is already a wanted criminal for destroying the BSL (probably), it would lead to some interesting conflict...or it could just take place beforehand, maybe Sylux kills the current leader and a new one takes over, "corrupting" the Federation?

Attached: Sylux.jpg (310x443, 24K)

I prefer 1 simply because of the superior atmosphere, with areas like Tallon Overworld and Phendrana Drifts it feels like an adventure, but one that I can go at my own pace and relax and discover things when I want
2’s atmosphere is pure hostility, not to mention how damn hard the game is

With substantial DLC expansions being a thing now it might be neat if Prime 4 got a Sylux campaign added post-release.

They literally have no idea what Metroid is.

Backtracking in 1 is much tolerable than 2, mainly because it doesn't require the Dark Aether gimmick.

What's Sylux going to do with his Metroid?

>1) Lure the feds to him
>2) Expose it to beta rays and blame it on the Feds and Samus
>3) Federation Force sucks

>somebody thought this image was funny
jesus

super metroid is just too good to be true bros when will we get something that come close ?

Show everyone his cool pet.

Who cares about the formula? Metroid didn't even have a set formula for a long time. Other M is a shit game taken on its own terms.

Is it in the series' best interests to keep ZSS away from the mainline games, as far as possible?

I'd be okay with the return of a Justin Bailey mode, but otherwise, yeah, keep ZSS relegated to ending gallery fan service.

Attached: mzm_ending6.gif (240x416, 42K)

if they go back to the "you see Samus without her armor unless you do good at the game", I don't mind

All the games need lewd Samus.

Aeion is kinda stupid and I hope it never shows up again, more so in the lore than gameplay.

The control scheme is as close to mouse an keyboard as it gets for not having an actual mouse and keyboard.

Federation man bad is other m's deal. They're pretty legit in the prime Trilogy, and honestly I wouldn't care for another government bad plot

why is metroid in suit? and why he have coffee he cant dring through helmet.

Attached: fyV1zPn.png (595x160, 23K)

im was wrong sorry

Just finished AM2R for the fist time and it was amazing. Is the official remake good? I don't like the aesthetic to be honest, it look ugly as fuck.

Attached: 1540722095004.png (720x672, 401K)

It's ok.

AM2R is MUCH better though.

Let's not throw ideas out of the window Sega style, we can work with that. Really though the Feds haven't been evil in any other game, people mention Fusion but in that game they just want to study them, essentially like the metroids, Samus just knew they were real shit unlike the encapsulated baby.

No it sucks balls.

The best solution to the "federation bad" thing would just be to have a small faction within the federation that's bad and that proceeds to split off once it's exposed.

Or just have the responsible party be ousted by a fucking tribunal or something. It would be a good resolution, considering how Fusion ended.
>But how will the beings of the universe view our resolve? I doubt they will understand what we did... the danger we barely averted. They will hold tribunals and investigations. They will hold us responsible. Adam understood this, and he spoke to me in my anger...
>"Do not worry. One of them will understand. One of them must."

Based and Phazonpilled
fuck Aeionfags and fuck the Federation

Intellectually challenged individuals right here.

It’s an actual attempt at a Metroid game, which you can’t say for Other M and Federation Force. It has some pacing issues where the midgame stagnates and then you get every upgrade all at once; countering trivializes most encounters to the point where the only combat that matters is with bosses; and the Drilldigger chases are trial and error nonsense (but they’re courteous enough with checkpoints). In short, it starts good and ends great, but has a really boring 20%->80% midgame. Play it before AM2R, since AM2R blows it out of the water and would make it hard to enjoy.

Everything from the actual diggernaut fight onwards was worth sitting through the rest of the game.

I liked the Diggernaut chase too.

I’m actually playing Super Metroid for the first time because of the online Switch handouts. The controls with the joycons are weird but the game is surprisingly fun.

Other M is a smear on an otherwise fantastic series and anyone who says its anything less then horrible from both a story and gameplay perspective deserves to be dragged out into the streets and flogged

Attached: 1541959924872.jpg (312x296, 107K)

Yes, barring maybe rewards for good clear times at the end. ZSS appearing in the game otherwise defeats the entire purpose of her existence and of the power suit’s existence.

Unmarked crumble blocks and Digger rubber banding if you were doing well made it annoying for me. While it only took me a couple of crumble-block-related deaths, it happens early enough in the game that most players wouldn’t be comfortable with the controls to the point of clearing it blind, and this is in a game with minimal side paths, where expansion rooms usually gave you some relatively challenging platforming.

It’s not the concept that’s bad so much as how it was done and the context in which it was done.

No, Samus Returns barely stacks up to the other official 2d games

It's just fine. Nothing particularly special, but a nice return to form.

Based