Best Weapons in Baldur's Gate 1?

Don't know if this is considered Yea Forums, but can I get a list of the most powerful weapons in the original Baldur's Gate/Tales of the Sword Coast? Enhanced Edition additions and Siege of Dragonspear additions also okay.

Attached: Baldur's Gate 2 Clear Cover.jpg (1920x1080, 342K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mikesrpgcenter.com/bgate/melee.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Longbow
Rod of Monster Summoning

Have fun

Varscona +2 longsword
IIrc there were +2 weapons at most.

5 ranged weapons + 1 tanky kiter.

Not sure if it's technically the best in terms of damage potential, but Longsword Varscona +2 has been a go-to. It's a +2 damage/Thac0 weapon with 1 additional cold damage. Just in terms of BG1 that's fantastic. But it's also easy to get early on by just rushing to Greywolf. It can easily carry you through the entire game and is also one of the small handful of items that will carry on into BG2. So, imo, simply in terms of practicality, nothing beats it because it can carry you through 90% of the first game and even be helpful in the first few hours of the second one.

Attached: 73e.jpg (600x943, 70K)

I've heard Varscona is the best Longsword in BG1 because it's the only +2 longsword in the game that can use, so I figured the other "best weapons" must be the +2 versions. I was just wondering what +2 weapons BG1 actually has.

There's a +2 version of most weapon types: daggers, axes, clubs, warhammers, halberds. The difference is that all of those will take hours of playing to get. Varscona is better than most of them because of the +1 cold damage and is easy to get within the first hour of playing. Nothing wrong with ignoring it in favor of other weapon types, but it is the fastest path to power.

In BG1 the best weapon is staff of striking because its a +9 but has limited charges. Other good weapons are Drizzt's scimitars, especially Frostband because with the ring of fire resistance you can get 110% resistance and Quarterstaff+3.
In BG2 the usual, Carsomyr, Flail of the Ages, Staff of Magi, Belm.
Wands/rods are OP in both games.

I don't play the EE because they're kike cashgrabs and the new content is pure trash anyway and doesn't fit in.

mikesrpgcenter.com/bgate/melee.html
Longswords is a no-brainer choice for main character proficiency.

>And magically the autist appears to say: "accshually! You need to use this limited use item and kill this friendly NPC in order to play properly! I also am really upset about the rerelease."

Wow. Who could have predicted.

Attached: DwarfBoobs.jpg (400x231, 71K)

>Enhanced Edition additions
there are none.

Actually EE added some weapons like "Night Club".

I'd only call it no brainier if only playing through BG1. If you plan a full trilogy playthrough it's a bit more difficult of a decision. Longswords certainly aren't top-tier in BG2+ToB.

Well, daystar can be picked early and is good enough to keep it through entire saga.
I played a multiclassed fighter and picked another proficiency in bg2 - flail for dual-wielding.

>mikesrpgcenter.com/bgate/melee.html
I was actually playing a Fighter to dual-class him into a Mage around level 7. I wound up putting 3 points in Longsword and 1 in Bastard Sword and... I think maybe Two-handed Sword? How screwed am I?

He never said anything of the like, get your fucking eyes checked.

Not fucked at all. Longswords are always viable. They just pale in the grand scheme of the trilogy for a melee class compared to a paladin with Carsomyr or a fighter with Crom Faeyr. But, again, that's not to say they suck. They're just not top tier.

Beamniggers

Does the pause at the start of the game to import the Heroes items from the first game exploit in Baldrus gate 2 still work in the enhanced edition.

Attached: 1557106864123.jpg (320x320, 10K)

Honestly, carsomyr is over-rated. Dispel level is not high enough against actual challenging opponents and dual-wielding is better anyway.
If you can kill a dragon so early, it means you don't even need that sword in the first place.

>50% spell protection on a class that already has insane saving throws making them nigh invincible to magic isn't great
K

personally i dont think its that big of a deal, ive cleared the games using all manner of weapons and builds.

>he never soloed Sarevok using staff of striking

Attached: 1568302443151.jpg (340x314, 78K)

Yeah, I already said earlier you can use pretty much anything and be good to go. But OP explicitly asked for most powerful weapons.

Speaking of Enhanced Edition, anyone else run into weird glitches in the game? I literally just started playing through the game yesterday, and I've had:
>Thalantyr not visibly casting Antichickenator at all, yet he and Mellicamp act as if he successfully restored Mellicamp to his human form.
>Kagain's commentary on finding Entar's Son dead is replaced with "Morela's Cudgel +2".
>Berran Ghastkill's dialogue for reporting on the Nashkel mines replaced with a series of magic item names instead.

when are we getting bg3 news bros? im getting antsy.

Don't know, but if you're going to bother using an unintended exploit, why not just use the console commands and cheat in what you want? Filthy cheater.

Early good weapon you have Varscona for the +2 and the Electric Warhammer from that undead guy i can't name. The Spider 2hander is also very good but you need chapter 4 to get to cloakwood so it's later on.

And everyone else is mentionning a high mastery with Longbow breaks BG1 while it's m'eh in BG2 due to monster resists.

The enhanced editions were almost unplayable due to bugs upon release and for a solid year or two afterwards. But I've played through twice in the past year and never had anything game breaking. I think 2-3 crashes to desktop across both playthroughs was the extent of it.

I just drown him in a sea of gnolls and ogrillons.

>He actually had to look at sarevok rather than just chucking a few cloudkills into the fog of war where he's standing

Attached: pee-wee-herman-promojpg.jpg (1200x675, 89K)

cursed sword of berserking

>Used to play AD&D PnP
>A solo game with the DM a few hours before the party shows up
>Playing a half retarded fighter
>Get a cursed sword of berserking
>Use that motherfucker like the retard I am
>DM was such an asshole he makes me sever flesh with it every hour until I remove the curse
>By the time I get back into town I only have one toe left

Attached: 1561203962246.jpg (906x936, 849K)