Announce a bunch of sequels to cult franchises

>Announce a bunch of sequels to cult franchises.
>The type of games that would make certain individuals buy your new system.
>Over 2 years later
>*crickets*

Thanks a lot Nintendo you fucking exploitative faggots.

Attached: 1568251157591m.jpg (619x1024, 105K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OK5-EIzDtKo
youtube.com/watch?v=0fS24IxelBA
gematsu.com/2017/10/shin-megami-tensei-v-will-game-sympathizes-times
youtube.com/watch?v=du0eEWddqVQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

They gave info on metroid prime 4 but you are right about the other 2

reminder that instead of getting Retro Studios to develop Prime 4, they tried letting some SEAmonkeys do it instead, turns out it flopped and now they've rightfully given it to Retro
Nintendo are so fucking stupid sometimes

Yeah, same here, no Switch before MP4!

Bayou and Metroid are def coming. We know why Metroid is delayed. And why would Platnium put out info about Bayo right before their launch of Astral Chain.

As for SMT. Yea I got no idea.

Stop baiting op

>Metroid 4
>holy shit, that's amazing
>*Prime
>wow, it's fucking nothing

That's because Retro has been working on a third Donkey Kong you dumbass.

Also
>zoomers in here think new games are developed like their favorite Call of Shit or Fifa yearly shovelware

Expect news at E3.

Atlus has never announced shit years before they were ready to show something off, no sir

I just hope SMT V comes out before that fantasy project Atlus been working on.

Metroid Prime just wasn't working out well but Bayo 3 and SMTV are unacceptable now. With that being said anybody who bought the console solely for these games is a retard.

SMT is in that weird spot where even the devs would rather crank out more Persona because it's far more profitable.

>Expect news at E3.
I've heard this same thing several times on the last 3 years.

I wonder just how fucking bad must have been metroid 4 prime that nintendo had to literally tell them to delete everything and get the help of retro studios. Shame we'll never know.

It was probably fine but I think they realise that a new Metroid needs to be great at this point to win back fans

I couldn't care less about Metroid but smt and Bayonetta can keep cooking as long as they want. I won't mind waiting a long while, so long as the games come out eventually and they're as good as I hoped.

saying bayonetta 3 is in development is like saying water is wet. We all knew, and the teaser trailer stated the obvious.

Metroid 4 happened years ago retard.

>Metroid Prime
>Bayonetta
>cult
Fuck even SMT isn't really that cult.

>tfw no SMT games on PSNow
Missed opportunity

>As for SMT. Yea I got no idea.
it was 25th anniversary of the series and also switch reveal, it was their best opportunity to reveal shit which is why they did it so early

It's been stated that Bayonetta 3 development is going very well, but they just aren't ready to show it again.
MP4 recently changed hands and are redoing everything from scratch.
There might be a nocturne remake first.

I've seen this same exact statement before

>SMTV gets delayed so long it becomes a cross gen game again, if the switch successor is even backwards compatible
I can already see it happening

Prime had unimpressive sales for Nintendo standards.

Games like Splatoon, Fire Emblem Heroes and Animal Crossing are far bigger phenomena than Metroid, the most overrated franchise in the universe.

Reminder that Retro Studios has done fuck all since 2014.

I can at least other a excuse for atlus
They probably don’t want to push another product till persona 5 milking is completely done and I fucking hate it
“Fuck even SMT isn’t even cult”
If your reasoning is persona I will fucking hit you

Retro Studios management has been a mess from day 1.

That company is most likely living on borrowed time. Shame since they have a lot of talent.

>Persona 5: Coming Winter 2014
Reminder that Atlus is an incompetent company.

>Nintendo executive get a look at the new metroid prime 4.
>Its federation force 2 electric boogaloo
>They scrap it on the spot, take the team out back to be shot and give the project to retro and tell them to start from scratch and never mention the old team ever again.

>he doesn't know about Atlus
Come on, do you remember pic related?
It made it look like Persona5 was coming out so soon.
We had to wait like 3 or 4 more years from that trailer.
And with little to no info between one trailer and the next one.
And each trailer showed fuck all about the game.

Attached: 1398842046863.png (1920x1080, 413K)

Yeah, you love metroid so much that you don't even know that Metroid 4 came out 16 years ago.

P5s long development time can sort of be excused by the fact that they were making brand new HD demon assets like they did with Nocturne. They were essentially updating the models for hundreds of demons/personas.

Now that those assets exists there really isn't a good excuse for why SMTV is taking such a long time.

they got me with this with SMT x FE.

>Now that those assets exists there really isn't a good excuse for why SMTV is taking such a long time.
p5 models incompatible with smtv engine, please understand

>he really does not remember
user... with EVERY Atlus game it is like that.

Anyone here hoping in SMT V you get your fucking arm ripped off like in Megami Tensei II? Man, I don't know about the original even though I heard it's one of the best on the Famicom; but Kyuuyaku really brings the original MT games to life.

>I have no clue of whatI'm talking about the post

>buying a console for a game before that game even has a release date

Attached: 1566272882307.jpg (628x294, 38K)

>game development company
>doesn't make any games for 5 years
>non-Japanese team owned by Nintendo
>thinking they aren't in trouble

They've been working on a bew IP for 5 years, they tweeted with the chacater blocked off at Reggie when he retired

Are you a "gamer girl" that you have no 3 dimensional orientation?

If you think I’m gonna play persona I’m going to shoot you.

Im playing the Kyuuyaku version, which is different? They are the same?

That's how atlus always does things though

Now they have turn down all those pretty models to the 480p the switch outputs

>Now they have turn down all those pretty models to the 480p the switch outputs

The models were made with the PS3 in mind, they most likely aren't that demanding.

Yet after five years they still have nothing to show for and whatever they had seems cancelled as the whole team is now working on Metroid Prime 4. Or do you still foolishly believe that 'new ip' isn't dead?

ps3 is more powerful then switch tho

There's a first time for everything.

This is what fags actually believe

>That type of games that would make certain individuals buy your new system

Yeah the Switch is in such a NEED for even more games right now lmao.
Bayo 3 is literally coming out next year and nobody cares for Shin Megami Tensei

Can't tell if playing retard or actually is a retard
Poe's Law is ringing more and more true

Why do you insist on tripfagging so much? At least with anonymous posting if you embarrassed yourself once or twice it would be highly difficult for someone to pick up that it's you in future posts

It really isn't, at least not with SMT. Even when games have been in development forever (Nocturne) the actual reveal announcement isn't until shortly before game release. The longest in recent memory was 4 announced a year before release but even then we didn't start getting actual trailers or anything until later. A lot of times the game itself isn't announced until a few months before release. P5 and SMTV are the biggest exceptions, both for different reasons (remember P5 was originally supposed to be out only a year after its original teaser).

Which is also why I'm not concerned about the radio silence from Atlus regarding it. It's obvious the original trailers were only pushed out so they had something for a) SMT 25th anniversary, and b) Nintendo harping on them to do a Switch announcement, so we're not going to see anything substantial until they're

telling someone that you reboot a project does not count as "new information"
especially since its the ONLY thing they say about the project for almost a year

She'll be at the VGAs again

Attached: Witch Mom.jpg (1920x1080, 249K)

>she becomes the next game celebrity geoff sucks off to 24/7

oh god.

No

Meanwhile everyone jerks to FIFA7 remake. The double standards.

And people forgot about WILD and Deep Below aswell, almost 10 years now.

fuck off tripfag

Just because they've done this shit before doesn't mean we should excuse it. Getting real tired of companies announcing shit and then just leaving us hanging for years on end.
It should be required by law that you must release a game within the same year it's announced.

>no SMT V info
>no Etrian Odyssey Next Stage info
>no Re: Fantasy info
I know this isn't new for Atlus but come the FUCK on, this shit is getting absolutely ridiculous.

This.

P5 and SMTV are using different engines. This is also the first time Atlus is using Unreal so expect this game to have a 4-5 year dev cycle. And this team hasn't made an HD console game ever.

>Now that those assets exists there really isn't a good excuse for why SMTV is taking such a long time.
P5 engine was made in-house. SMTV is using UE4.

Why not share art assets, do interviews, share some plot details, and other such things in the meantime? I'm fine with the game taking a few years, but keeping us in media res like this sucks cock. The game feels like vaporware.

>And why would Platnium put out info about Bayo right before their launch of Astral Chain
Because it's been forever. The last mention about Bayo was in a Direct months ago.

Thing about Ninty though, is that rarely do they cancel big publicized games wholesale.

These three will almost all certainly get a release, eventually.

>Why not share art assets, do interviews, share some plot details, and other such things in the meantime?
You're assuming any of those are finalized.

I wonder if bayos va dropped any hints yet?

Kek

Because the things they come up in the first 2 years of development can wildly change in the later years of development. It's better to not show anything than have retards squealing about "cut content" when game releases.
Can you imagine if they did that for P5 and showed Hifumi as playable but then changed their minds and she became an npc. How much more annoying fan reaction would be?

doubt, even if it is just hint they often have to clear it first

also it turn out astral chain was in development for like 4-5 years, just because they released it recently not like they made it in a year or 2

last smt 4 on the 3ds took atlus 4 fucking years. serious there is no winning vs this board, if you don't announce your shit 3-4 years in advance they cry no game, if you announce and it won't come out in a year they cry cancel
everybody want big shiny titles to come out but not willing to wait, this is why you get yearly edition of fifa

I believe there is a large group of people on this board don't actually play any video games, they just want shit to come out and then go and hype up for the next one while complaining about backlog. It is some sort of weird sexual gratification

personagag detected

What the fuck is her posture, it’s like someone used that spiral tool

IT'S OK WHEN NINTENDO DOES IT

WHAT THE FUCK HAS RETRO BEEN WORKING ON SINCE 2014

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Attached: yelling bayo.png (1200x1144, 1.52M)

We aren't complaining about no game, we are complaining about no news
Announce it early and then keep us updated on development

No it's not, they crank out Persona because they're not making Persona 6. It's a lot easier to just make re-releases and spinoffs than it is a fully fledged game like SMTV, especially when you can outsource them as they're doing with P5S. A lot of those cheaper games revolve around Persona because Persona's popular, but there's also stuff like DSJ, Fullbody and Perfect Chronology that have come out in recent years, as well as #FE Encore being on the way, but the SMTV team doesn't work on those games, they're just taking longer on SMT because ATLUS always takes longer with the games that aren't just re-releases and spinoffs. They did it with P5 as well, and they're doing it with Re: Fantasy right now. I guarantee you won't be seeing P6 for a good while either.

They were working on Persona 5 while doing Persona 4 spinoffs, the spinoffs just got handled by different teams or third-party. For all we know Persona 6 could be in development as we speak and we just won't hear about it until 6-12 months before it's scheduled to be released.

It may be, but even if it is I don't expect it to release for a long time, and I would stand by the notion that they're able to put out a bunch of spinoffs and re-releases in the meantime because they don't require the care that P6 or SMTV or any of that needs.

>cult franchises
Only pre-Shitch Iwata Nintendo cared about these

Neo-nu-Nintendo only cares about popular braindead games/franchises and only cares about the profit. They throw a bone occasionally to cults

We know that full development of 5 started after Catherine. So let's look at all the Persona and MegaTen games released from Catherine to 5:
- Persona 2: Innocent Sin Portable
- Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor 2
- Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked
- Persona 2: Eternal Punishment Portable
- Persona 4 Golden
- Persona 4 Arena
- Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers
- Shin Megami Tensei IV
- Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth
- Persona 4 Arena Ultimax
- (This is where P5's original release date was supposed to be)
- Devil Survivor 2: Record Breaker
- Persona 4: Dancing All Night
- Tokyo Mirage Sessions FE
- Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse
Over the course of 5 years, and that's not including all the other non-MegaTen stuff done by other Atlus teams. And before you say "but some of those weren't done by Atlus/P-Studio", yes, that's the point, they're done by side teams or third party so the main team can do the main game.

Meanwhile, let's look at which MegaTen-related games have been released or are in development since P5:
- Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey Redux
- Persona 3: Dancing in Moonlight/Persona 5: Dancing in Starlight
- Persona Q2: New Cinema Labyrinth
- Catherine: Full Body
- Persona 5 Royal
So three re-releases of existing games (four including TMS Encore) and two (three if you're dumb and don't count P3D/P5D as the same thing) assets swaps of previous games, and then Scramble which is third-party. Certainly not worse than what was going on during P5's development. The developmental progress of SMTV and P6 has nothing to do with how many spinoffs are also in development

not bait at all

SMT is the only JRPG series I like

Attached: 1557158446443.jpg (900x1400, 219K)

>The developmental progress of SMTV and P6 has nothing to do with how many spinoffs are also in development
I know, I'm agreeing with you on that. I was saying that although a lot of spinoffs come out in the meantime, it's not because of those spinoffs and re-releases that SMTV is taking so long to come out. They're just able to put out all those spinoffs and re-releases because they don't require the resources or the work that games like SMTV do.

The only one Nintendo is responsible for is Metroid Prime 4 and they already came out saying development was restarted from scratch.

How long has it been, now?

Pretty sure Atlus already confirmed that Persona 6 is in production or the planning for it has started or something. P6 is going to come much faster than you'd expect, remember P4 came out two years after P3. P5 only took so long because Atlus couldn't just keep reusing PS2 assets.

The only real outlier is Bayo 3 as we had games like Astral Chain announced after Bayo 3 and released before Bayo 3. Meanwhile fatlus has been keeping quiet, but announcing shit before it's anywhere near ready is more the rule than the exception. See even recently #FE and Persona 5.

Wasnt there a rummer that they are going to release a 2D metroid before prime 4?
Also SMT 5 is going to take some time lol. They said they want to appeal to both fans of iv and nocturne.
Sounds like its going to be a rocky development.

>I believe there is a large group of people on this board don't actually play any video game
Correct
>they just want shit to come out and then go and hype up for the next one while complaining about backlog
Wrong. Its more that they want something on their shitposting agenda. Remember when YW4 got a PS4 port announced last week? Instead of discussing and celebrating the series these retards just shitposted LOLFUCK NINTENDO.

Maybe dont buy a system that doesnt even have games you want?

Get cucked, switchsoys. Bayo 3 and smtv are ps4 exclusives now and prime 4 was quietly cancelled. Imagine being a switch gamer. And dont even think about bringing up iceborne sales. They're amazing

I mean it seems pretty obvious astral chain was significantly more low budget than bayo 3 will be. I mean astral chain looks pretty janky a lot of the time. Bayo is huge for platinum. It makes sense they'd wanna polish it like crazy unlike astral chain

So following the same line we can expect to have something about SMTV in the following year and then we will be having 5 re-releases that will maybe add something new besides the DLC? Just wait 3 more years for the SMTV Demon Ultimate Remix Collector's Edition

the last time Nintendo was silent for over year about a new entry of a cult franchise we went from:
youtube.com/watch?v=OK5-EIzDtKo
to
youtube.com/watch?v=0fS24IxelBA

>bait people into buying the switch with games like this
>release games that are better than these series and people buy them

based desu

>from static stock images to good game
Yes please.

>to good game

that was not the crossover they teased

Yikes. Bayo and metroid are doomed

>that was not the crossover they teased
The only thing that matters is that the game is good.

I dunno user, I'd rather they admit the project is in dev hell than be completely silent like Fatlus.

Yeah and now they need to update those models for Doi's designs and add the demons P5 left out.

I hate when they do this. When I was young I bought a ps3 for kingdom hearts 3. What a mistake. We all know how this turned out.

Can't they just use Dx2's demons?

I haven't really had any interest in Nintendo stuff since n64
Switch is pure garbage but at least emulation will save it

It's ok when Sony does it

Attached: 1239833309089.jpg (211x212, 11K)

>buy console for game that's not out yet
>WOOOOOOOW
>[console] has no games!!!1
The only thing to blame are your extra chromosomes

SMTV is following the typical Atlus move of radio silence until the game is 90% complete, devs are talking that they're happy with using UE4.
Bayo3 is being pushed to the side for Astral Chain and will surely have a gameplay trailer by the end of the year.
Metroid Prime 4 was rebooted just this year.

So you mean they're like the Final Fantasy 7 Remake? No wait that's way more popular than all 3 of those games combined. It's not really a fair comparison.

>only a fraction of World's sales
>fantastic
Yeah, okay.

and then you woke up with hand in the toilet

smt and persona are made by different teams, so the persona milking has zero impact on smt's development. especially when some of these persona spinoffs (such as p4arena and p5s) are outsourced to other studios.

Kyuuyaku's pretty much a remake for them since the originals were for the Famicon.
I think there were portraits in 1 for the status screen and I think KMT adds Zeus in as a demon for MT2
Square's the fucking king of this shit, FNC back in the late 2000s was the stupidest shit

Wasn’t Pikmin 4 stated to be “almost finished” back in like 2016?

If only the game had been good.

>those people who bought a PS3 for Versus XIII

Attached: 1520616076669.jpg (1200x675, 75K)

>The Last Guardian

They haven't admitted it's in development hell. It is, but they haven't admitted it. "We started over guys don't worry!" is not an admission.

>the studio that made one good Metroid game, one mediocre Metroid game, and one shit Metroid game but it doesn’t matter because none of the people who made them work there anymore.
>rightfully
???

In my case I got the PS4 for Bloodborne, Uncharted 4, and something to play Rocket League on because I didn't have a good PC.
I did buy The Last Guardian though.
Worst 40 bucks I've ever spent.

>laughed at people that bought a PS3 for KH3
>ended up buying a Switch for SMTV

Attached: 1446219738468.jpg (480x360, 16K)

Nintendo is for pedos. I hope they go bankrupt. These games would do 10x better if they were out for every other console and PC.

>so lets gamble away this dying franchise to some randos

At least one of these games will be out before the end of 2020 screencap this post

It’s literally new information though. Finding out what studio is making the game can tell you quite a bit about how that game will feel.

Blame the chinks for knowing jack shit about Metroid

Is TGS 2019 over already? Isn't there still a chance we'll get SMT V news?

I highly doubt Platinum could've worked on three games at the same time. This year alone has two titles coming out from them, with Bayo 3 still in the works.

Except KH3 was never announced in the PS3 days and SMTV devs say development is going fine.

There are no scheduled news on SMTV. Atlus is focusing on Aegis Rim and P5R.

But Retro literally is randos as far as Metroid is concerned. The people who made Prime don’t work there, which if anything is a good thing considering what they did to Prime 3.

And given that current Retro has proven themselves to be completely incompetent, incapable of getting a game to the press-release stage since 2014, complete randos are probably better than them too.

This also might surprise you, but there exists more than two development teams to choose from and taking it away from the incompetent Malaysians doesn’t necessarily mean it should be handed over to the incompetent Americans.

Retro were literal who's bumbling around with 4 mediocre IPs before Miyamoto plopped the Metroid property on their laps. That they had something playable in the two or so years of dev time Prime 1 had is almost a miracle.

user, developers can work on multiple games at once. Thats a real thing that often happens in this industry.

At least you only blew $300 instead of $600

Companies do this shit all the time. Heaps of games on the PS3 never came out. I remember a bunch of Wii games that never came out either.

If you buy a console for games that aren't out yet youy're a fucking moron. What is lost by waiting? The price of the system will drop and you'll be able to see if it actually gets the games you wanted.

Ahem.

Attached: FED26DA8-A4F9-47E1-B2F0-895F7E58790D.jpg (696x433, 65K)

>A Fool's Journey
Re:Fantasy is Persona 6 and I'll only believe otherwise when I see it.

Why would Platinum tease Bayo way before Astral Chain, and still release the latter first?

As other Atlus' projects, you'll only see gameplay when it's almost ready to ship.

There should be a law to only announce games when they are 3-6 months away from release.

they should only announce them on release day

Persona 5 was originally meant to be a world trip type game. A coming of age story set around the world. That got scrapped as they felt that Persona's identity was to be set in high school and that angle.
So instead Hashino is taking the "Journey around the world" plot and making a brand new IP instead.

I mean, you gotta respect that Nintendo outright admitted that their team fucked up the management of the game and gave it back to a western developer. What other dev would have the balls to admit such a failure, let alone start from scratch to get it right instead of releasing it anyway?

>That got scrapped as they felt that Persona's identity was to be set in high school and that angle.
It got scrapped because Hashino wanted a game about societal change in the wake of the 2011 earthquake/tsunami.

The sad part is these are the best franchises of their respective owners. They're currently on development hell and trapped on the switch.

At least we get Deadly Premonition 2 next year

What if they just made up a quick excuse so fans wouldn't bug them about it and haven't actually started development until then?

>bayo3
they gave satral chain so i dont mind
>metroid 4
yeah is gonna take time
>SMTV
persona 5 took 3 to 4 eyars

>The people who made Prime don’t work there,
Stop parroting this, it isn't fucking true. Like 15 of the people who worked on the trilogy left and they were mostly people making the assets, not core staff.

>Bayonetta 3, Metroid 4, and SMT 5 are in development respectively
This has got to be a meme coincidence

>exploitative
Kill yourself, shithead. Never buy a console until the games you care about actually are OUT.

YA BUT I CARE MORE ABOUT OWNING THE CONSOLE THAN THE GAMES, AND I CAN'T DO THAT IF I DON'T BUY THE CONSOLE!!!!

Attached: 641575412365416.png (644x800, 15K)

>Deadly Premonition 2
>Bayonetta 3
>Metroid 4
>SMT 5

Attached: 1566095444720.png (209x262, 85K)

I honestly have more faith in Nintendo now that they did this. It used to be easy to think Nintendo didn’t give a shit about Metroid and that it was their black sheep but it’s clear now they at least want to give fans something good.

>exploitative
>let the devs do actual dev time
Hmm?

You could say the same with Crapcom
They've been "working on something for switch", but as for now only ports

They way they are currently handling their series has soured me on Persona so bad, I understand that they want to milk their most profitable IP, but this shit is legitimately insulting. They don't even try to advertise all their other games, P5R is getting a minimum of 3 vids every single week while Aegis Rim is barely getting any new info even though they release during the same time frame. Fuck this company so much, I'm done with them after SMT V.

Aegis Rim is getting trailers, tho.

In fairness SMT would be in dev hell regardless. Atlus is too busy sucking P5's dick right now.

>>The type of games that would make certain individuals buy your new system.
Come on now user, you and I know that most normies don't give a shit about the three games you just posted

Other than Aegis Rim, which is Vanillaware, what other games?

Obviously vaporware to bait retarded tendies

And it worked.

Meanwhile I sold my Switch two years ago because I'm not an idiot. Saw right through it when they only showed Smash at E3.

lol

/thread

You're an idiot for buying a Switch to begin with.

Metroid 4 was in 2002, you stupid retard.

No, I am not. I wanted to play Mario, Zelda and Xeno 2 anyway. And idiot is who didn't sell it afterawrds.

>Ever selling consoles
>Ever selling hackable consoles

>Come on now user, you and I know that most normies don't give a shit about the three games you just posted

The point isn't to get normies, the point is to get people who would buy a Switch solely by saying the name "Metroid Prime 4".

AGENT CONFIRMED

DON'T @ ME

Its your fault for buying a console based on a hype for a game that isn't even out yet.

Literally why would you do that? There is absolutely zero benefit. If the reason you want a switch is for these games, why the fuck did you buy it now and not when they are out?

This. Either they'll be canned or they won't be ready for release until the next nintendo console, and will still be disappointing (see: BOTW)

Bayo 3 was delayed to help Astral Chain our the door faster

Metroid Prime 4 was scrapped and had to restart development since the first build was apparently shit

SMT V is just the usual Atlus fuckery, same shit happened with P5.

Never buy a console for a game that has no release date

Attached: 85BAF623-AA66-4B75-98FA-940B860D6235.png (500x282, 139K)

>Never buy a console for a game
FTFY

bayo 3 will come out next year and probably be shown in december at TGA

Attached: 1550627244564.png (842x1239, 896K)

>SMT V
>Bayonetta
>Thanks a lot Nintendo

Attached: 31B7D751-9C6F-4432-9215-1FE09E4C38C9.jpg (162x162, 6K)

I'd like to know wtf Bandai Namco Singapore did that warranted a complete restart for Prime 4. Did Nintendo leave them to their own devices and came back to find they'd made a card game or some shit?

Attached: 1544456990487.png (553x678, 210K)

>How to spot OP pulling the usual impatient ungreatful Capcunt card.

We will never know.

Kill yourself

This even Nintendo has pumped the brakes with shitting out a new Mario game every other week

prime had over 10% attach rate on the GC

>fire emblem
never hit metroid's top numbers, maybe TH will

splatoon and AC are bigger yeah, no one's arguing that

Whatever they did. It must have been a complete clusterfuck, considering even other m was released.

He blew it on an inferior product.

Switch hardware is so underwhelming.

And the PS3 wasn't underwhelming? Lmao.

>that has no release date

Release dates dont mean jack

Considering that a PS3 can outperform a fucking switch yeah really fun playing an upscaled 3DS port of MH which isnt even 60fps docked

Apparently SMTV is mostly held up because Atlus doesn't know diddly about Switch hardware

Sounds almost as fun as playing Bayonetta at sub 30 FPS

>Considering that a PS3 can outperform a fucking switch yeah
LOL

Ah yes, Metroid, the ultimate system seller

Delusional

Yeah that looks like garbage on my TV as well, such a shame we wont get a PC port with AA

Probably or a fucking turn based Tales of game

Considering they are working with UE4 (something that even a small studio like Grasshopper Manufacture could get a game working with like 10 people on staff) and have said that they're very pleased with it here: gematsu.com/2017/10/shin-megami-tensei-v-will-game-sympathizes-times

One has to wonder how shitty the engine they were working on previously has to be for them to say that "seeing things on the game screen" is an advancement.

Which is crazy considering Sega has several games far more complicated games on Switch already
VC seems far more demanding than SMT ever was

The issue with SMTV is the team lacks the experience with the unreal engine. They're trying their best and don't want to push out a shoddy addition to the SMT series. The delays for prime are known but Bayonetta 3..... I haven't a clue.

Attached: IMG_20190913_091721.jpg (1071x1503, 213K)

Fatlus revealed that they olny started work on SMTV in 2018, and that Reveal Trailer was just to sinalize that a new SMT game was on their plans.

They were talking about how easy it was to develop with UE4 right? I imagine the hold up is Atlus wanting to release P5R before shifting the focus to SMTV at this point.
>inb4 they announce another Persona 5 spinoff

>VC seems far more demanding than SMT ever was
It's the first project Atlus has made that is working within UE4. It's going to be far more demanding than that.

>Bayonetta 3
It's a combination of it getting announced a bit too early to help drive system sales, and the fact that Platinum probably doesn't want to take attention away from Astral Chain

Hopefully normies start telling them to fuck off with releasing the same fucking game with basically some DLC sprinkled in for 60$
Or another gay ass dancing game

That, and that SMT hasn't traditionally followed quick dev cycles, specially working on new engines/new consoles. The next SMT after V, however, is going recycle assets like crazy and thus have a quicker delivery.

Bayo 3 was pushed back because Astral Chain needed help in its development apparently

Then ask fucking Sega for help
Those nigger are literally right next door

Or fucking use gamebryos again like Catherine
Skyrim runs on Switch just fine beautifully actually considering it’s janky ass Skyrim

You have no fucking idea what you're talking about lmao

I'm glad I pirate everything from nintendo now. I bought a wiiu for SMTXFE and after years I ended up with weebshit.

2D metroid is always better than 3D. 3D is so fucking slow.

>I bought a wiiu for SMTXFE

Attached: AB05C338-1694-4C30-B324-81B7308CCB43.jpg (875x583, 86K)

This

Catherine and Skyrim use the same fucking game engine

youtube.com/watch?v=du0eEWddqVQ
OH NO NO NO NO HAHAHAHA

Attached: Holy+bowsers+backround+is+peach+_c73d3e6a498b8c857edfcddfdb422276.jpg (800x800, 137K)

>he wants SMTV on the Morrowind engine

Yes, but telling anyone to stop working in UE4 to work in fucking Gamebryo is ridiculous and shows that you have no fucking clue of what you speak

This. The silver lining in SMT V taking so long is that we may have another golden age of SMT spinoffs since Atlus will be able to shit them out like crazy.

Raidou 3 when?

Attached: 1560041345525.jpg (224x350, 27K)

>The type of games that would make certain individuals buy your new system.
You just described how I got suckered into buying the Wii U
Not doing that shit again

I'd rather they go with a good SMT spinoff first.

Raidou is the only good SMT spinoff though.

Understandable

Attached: 1563625590848.png (723x757, 533K)

I want them to port prime 1-3 so I can play through them before I play through 4