There are retards on this board right now that think our eyes can differentiate 30 fps from 60 fps

>there are retards on this board right now that think our eyes can differentiate 30 fps from 60 fps

Attached: 1567818439919.gif (700x285, 3.38M)

Other urls found in this thread:

testufo.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=zquClG3j9so
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4314649/
lrc.rpi.edu/programs/solidstate/assist/pdf/AR-Flicker.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

i can
sorry you for being a sightlet

it's fascinating how much people can delude themselves

imagine thinking human eye can see the difference between 1080p and 1920p

Actually you can, and that's a bad thing. 60fps makes it look worse and toylike, 24fps is just right, looks just as good as movies.

It's not the eyes. It's the processing power of your brain and that varies person to person.
Sorry you have a slow brain, user.

based retard

You can see a difference over 1000hz.
It all depends on the content being shown and has an upper limit in how many pixels you have to work with.
At some point motion simply becomes too fast to track.
Humans can detect stroboscopic flicker over 10,000hz so it's likely we won't see hard numbers on exactly how fast we can detect motion in our lifetimes.
Also this is true, but OP is just being a funny little boy and making a jokey wokey.

It really has to do with your age. Your peak frequency is at 25 and worsens as you become older.

This is obvious bait, but in all seriousness the human eye cannot distinguish anything higher than 60fps. 144fps monitors literally exist just to scam retards out of their money. It’s a really effective scam too because it requires them to buy not only a new overpriced monitor, but also a new $1200 video card every year just to be able to push that frame rate on the latest game.

Attached: 1547524887279.gif (460x258, 120K)

>tfw I thought it would be impossible to comprehend any framerate above 60fps
>mfw getting a 144hz monitor

Attached: 1407737193946.jpg (1024x768, 105K)

testufo.com/

That's a shitty image, just look at this and tell me if you see any difference
youtube.com/watch?v=zquClG3j9so

wow I literally see no difference!
You have to be fucking retarded to think 30fps is acceptable

Attached: 550d8226e968fd54a29ca8ce743626c6.png (2562x313, 414K)

I see a difference.
Get your eyes checked.

yes there is a clear difference

There is a difference but gifs can't go above 50fps, the "60"fps block is still choppy,

We're talking about the video you just posted.
We can clearly see the difference between 30fps and 60fps in that.

stop deluding yourself, retards

Attached: sides.png (800x1728, 610K)

he was clearly talking about how the difference in the gif is less noticeable than the difference in the video user. no person is that retarded

>Gifs can't go above 50 fps
Source?

Depends on the person. I know I can see a difference in smoothness between 60 and 120, but probably past 90 fps I wouldn't be able to tell. In the end anything past 1080p/60fps doesn't really make an impact to the gameplay.

cope

Attached: 1534728280445.jpg (433x419, 97K)

>comparing fps with a static image
these are the kind of people who say "the human eye can't see above 30fps" lmao

dilate

In the mid and late 90's we played 3D games that ran literally on 15-20 FPS. I don't understand why people make such a big deal when it comes to 30.

There definitely is user, depends on the game though, in FPS you really can see it

>resorting to name calling like a toddler
lol

Fuck pc :)

Attached: 45689867645664.jpg (1440x1440, 582K)

Visual neuroscientist here

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4314649/

>The critical flicker fusion rate is defined as the rate at which human perception cannot distinguish modulated light from a stable field. This rate varies with intensity and contrast, with the fastest variation in luminance one can detect at 50–90Hz

Flicker rate is important in the study of human vision, but also cognition. There are many psychological tests that involve subjects looking at a screen where quick, single-frame images are inserted that they don't perceive, but influence their response.

There are many experiments with regard to how long these frames need to last and what impacts different durations have on a conscious or non-conscious level.

Human eyes themselves can perceive tens of thousands of frames per second, the human eye processes around 10 million bits per second. The bottleneck for frame perception is mostly in the brain because vision is assembled from elementary "parts" that our eyes transmit to our visual area.

In tests, human can distinguish frame changes at 500Hz, 1Hz equals 1FPS, so the upper limit so far has been established on our PERCEPTION of frames is 500FPS. Functional differentiation of details, movements and colours is between 50-90Hz, so 50-90FPS.

I actually do see the difference between 30 and 60 fps.
I grew up everyone telling me it's impossible, but I knew what I see, so I went to nasa, and they did some experiments.
They were flaggerbasted, according to the scientists, I might be the first human person evolved to see 60fps.
Once the research paper got released, I got job offerings from the air force and top formula 1 teams, my ability to see double the framerate of a regular person makes me extremely fit for reaction time critical tasks.

>0.25 fps has been deposited into your account

not your blog
get out

This sounds about right. Past 60 fps though I don't think it really matters gameplay wise unless you're some professional autismo with a CRT

My eyes can't differentiate between red and green, not as afar fetched to believe I can't tell the difference between 30 and 60 fps

Never understood this meme. 30fps has always looked just as good or better than 60fps.

Attached: 30vs60.gif (1098x614, 703K)

If framerate whores didn't fuck everything we could've had photorealistic games now at cinematic 22 fps.
If you watch movies why not this??

I don't like 60 FPS, just like I don't like movies that are 48 FPS. Feels too floaty, too smooth, too unnatural.

>30fps has always looked just as good or better than 60fps.
cope

the "difference" you see with 60fps compared to 30fps is literally just a placebo
prove me wrong: pro-tip, you can't

30fps has better shadows.

Sorry if you have shit eyes.
I can make the difference between 30, 45, 60 and 144 very, very easily.

>this whole thread

Attached: this thread.jpg (667x936, 193K)

I can easily tell but it doesn't bother me. Going from 60 fps to 30 fps is very jarring at first but after a while your brain adjusts to it. This is why graphics > performance.

its sad that some people actually believe you.

I understand that this is supposed to be a joke, but I dont understand the actual joke here.

>le cinematic 24fps
>moderate speed camera pan
>super obvious slideshow effect
It's entirely down to what is being filmed whether low framerates are acceptable or a fucking travesty of vision, but if you honestly think higher framerates look bad you are the victim of a fucking eighty year old meme. It was ancient hand-crank camera and projection technology that set the 24fps standard and the film industry clung to it so hard that when 60fps cameras became available and home video and television began being recorded with them, chucklefucks like you thought the difference from the kino must mean it's shit.

>Functional differentiation of details, movements and colours is between 50-90Hz, so 50-90FPS.
Except your fucking article contradicts this, idiot. The statement is about the rate of strobing where on-screen motion looks like actual motion and not objects jumping from place to place.
This isn't relevant to modern LCD displays unless you apply strobing blur reduction techniques since they use Sample-and-Hold to continually display an image.
Even then we get 120hz stroboscopic display with modern 240hz monitors which is far beyond the old CRT standard.

We can perceive flicker far beyond 1000hz
lrc.rpi.edu/programs/solidstate/assist/pdf/AR-Flicker.pdf

>In tests, human can distinguish frame changes at 500Hz, 1Hz equals 1FPS, so the upper limit so far has been established on our PERCEPTION of frames is 500FPS.
Sounds like those studies only actually went up to 500hz in the first place.

We have noticeable benefits to high refresh rate displays due to many factors including pixel persistence.
This creates motion blur due to the way our brains interpret motion and means that we have benefits at refresh rates over 1000hz.
Remember that the speed of an object moving on screen is also limited by the resolution of said display since a lower resolution means an object travels faster at the same refresh rate, down to 1px/hz.

You can tell the difference between 60 and above, but I wouldn't be able to tell you the difference between anything around 90-120, I could probably *feel* it in terms of mouse responsiveness but I wouldn't be able to see it

You don't notice it.
But your brain did.

Attached: FyxkfIk.jpg (584x389, 21K)

It’s fascinating how some people believe obvious bait.

yeah i understand
you're not gay but your ass ans throat are, like that right?

Switching between games that have 60 and 30 fps is very jarring. But play something at 30fps for a while and you stop noticing it.
Frame drops are the enemy, not 30fps.

Something like that.
You can immediately tell if the FPS drops even a little bit if you're playing a game at otherwise locked 120fps but you couldn't tell the difference in extended testing between 100 and 120fps.

Truth speaker right here.
I've been using a 240hz monitor for so long now that 60hz becomes visual vomit, but playing through Dark Souls 3 got me used to it again.

>look at this
>turn around, look at this
>can't tell if theyre difference sizes because human brains aren't fucking computers
shocking revelation, user

just don't respond to threads like this, stop feeding this fucking idiot with normal answeres that he can turn into shitty memes later
what a sad life you must have if you can't even make a proper bait

Attached: 156705557190.jpg (594x564, 70K)

You're right, user, your eyes can't.

But your fuckin brain can.

Yet people keep parroting this bullshit about not being able to see differences in fps when they're not testing in a manner that would actually display the difference in an obvious manner.
Really makes you think.

All it takes is a quick pan, as you get with mouselook. The morons have never used a mouse to control a camera in their lives. Even going from 60 to 144 is an incredible improvement for skill-intensive games, let alone 30 to 60.

>leddit tier meme image
Like clockwork

>fps compared with 2 static images
>this lesser quality is better than this higher quality
Actual coping retard holy shit

>play botw at 60 fps
Looked like a video game
>lock to 30 fps
Looks like a animated movie
30 fps is objectively superior.

>this is what consolefags believe in

Attached: 1566728427944.jpg (340x314, 78K)