Why do people even like Borderlands? I've played BL2 and I've never understood the appeal...

Why do people even like Borderlands? I've played BL2 and I've never understood the appeal. It's just a repetitive-as-fuck looter shooter with a shitty art style with 9gag-tier humour. Some of my friends are just fucking obsessed with it. Why? I fucking hate it so much. Nothing in these fucking games exceeds passable.

Attached: borderlands-3-normal-hero-01-ps4-us-02apr19.jpg (1920x720, 685K)

end game is fun, finding the new bosses and working out how to beat raid bosses with your friends to get new legendaries is always good. that being said im not buying bl3 because fuck randy

>fun gameplay and humour
>great artstyle
>a lot of content
>BIG NUMBERS
those are the first things that come to mind

>fun gameplay and humour
No it's not. It's just "RUN SHOOT, PRESS USE KEY ON AMMO AND STUFF"
>great artstyle
No it's not. It's not sure whether it wants to have shitty graphics, or be cartoony.
>BIG NUMBERS
The fuck does that even mean? Retard.

Attached: doommad.png (592x650, 288K)

Borderlands is for autistic number chasers

Why are there so many of them? It's like Borderlands has a fucking brainwashed army of normies who don't know what good games are. Actually, it's the whole fucking industry.

The first one was really good. They ruined it with BL2

The best "fun with friends", solo is really boring though

I don't get it either, I tried a little of BL1 and 2 and I can't help but think, what's the point in playing an inferior shooter from a mechanical and level design perspective just so you can grind it out for loot to repeat the cycle, seems insane to me and the only people who can enjoy it are those that like the fake feeling of progression elicited by finding a new gun with +10 stats or some shit.

People like 9gag humor and slot machines, they are fun.

You ever think people have different tastes than you?

Even ignoring the shitty jokes/writing the series seemed like something to be best enjoyed with a group of friends. None of my friends are into vidya so the game simply isn't for me.

>your fun is shit
Somebody is too small brain to understand what subjectivity is
>muh shit cartoon graphics
Cell-shading is its own thing, believe it or not
>what are big numbers
Progression of your character's damage and abilities is the main draw of most MMOs and looters.
Nice bait you retard. made me reply

>Progression of your character's damage and abilities is the main draw of most MMOs and looters.
>unironically getting excited over "BIG NUMBERS GO UP"

>fun gameplay and humor
>"humor"

It's fun with friends, is why people are obsessed with it. It is the genre where you get better loot to see bigger numbers. Some people enjoy that shit, just look at Diablo or most other aRPGs.

I dig the rpg improve your character aspect, but find the shooter gameplay to be boring so I'll stick with monster hunter.

easy mindless gameplay and underage/redditfags are memespouting retards.

Yeah. Your fun is shit. It's nothing but retarded shooting and looting. No fucking depth whatsoever. You fucking mongoloids are just used to FLASHY GUN BANG BANG retardation.
Cel-shading is a thing. Too bad Borderlands makes it look like shit.
Grinding just for bigger numbers makes the game good? Wow, you really are fucked in the head. Plus the fact that you just called it BIG NUMBERS like a fucking retard. Borderlands fanchildren truly are something to behold.

its fun and mindless
and no i dont mea that the stupid humor is fun

Just fast shooting getting different guns to shoot some more with

and decent boss fights

Really I just like how satisfying the guns feel this time round. Humour is hit or miss, the music is decent to good (great at points) and the experience of looting feels more involved this time round. It's far from perfect but it's still a game I'm willing to pump 100+ hours into in my free time for the kicks

Same it gets boring pretty fast and I rushed throught the main story because of it.

Won't touch 3

>mindless
Just like the people who play it. Look at that fucking double spacing and retard writing. Retard.

Attached: asianzoz.jpg (226x223, 5K)

>the amount of asshurt ITT
have sex

You're butthurt that someone said bad things about your game. Chill out.

Attached: 1564966461549.jpg (283x323, 25K)

It's for people who think that replayability means constantly watching numbers go up on a screen

I did the mistake and played it a bit but I quickly refunded it because I remembered that the shooting is worst part of borderlands.
Why does epic support need transaction ids for refunds, shouldnt they have access to them automatically?

>PRESS USE KEY ON AMMO AND STUFF
Only the original version of Borderlands 1 required you to manually pick up ammo.

Why aren't you playing as a blood soaked loli RIGHT NOW?????

Attached: Capture.jpg (1260x1080, 144K)

Its another barrier to people actually getting their money back. Enjoy your shit store.

>the shooting is worst part of borderlands
This. The guns sound like toys and have no impact.

>he thinks everything is reddit

Its true. EVERYTHING is reddit. Even Yea Forums itself.

Attached: 582424B7-7E7F-4757-9047-BE75047B29ED.jpg (512x384, 40K)

>mindless
yea i think i cracked the code.

Am I missing a button combination somewhere that quick switches your ability? They have separate cooldowns, meaning you can just use them all in succession if you keep going into to the menu to change them, so I don't see why there wouldn't be a quick change.

You can also switch FL4K's pets if they're bleeding to avoid the respawn timer.

It's far better than it's ever been in 3, at least. Though I've mostly just been using shotguns (Jakobs especially) so far, full auto guns are probably just as awful as they were before.

Speaking of 3. I’m a bit hestitant to pick it up considering how shit 2’s comedy was and the fact that its epic exclusive. Is it any good?

same reason idle games have their own genre on sites like kongregate

>please stop liking what i dont like reeeeeeeeee!!!
did you have a problem with diablo when that series came out? its basically the same thing except with guns and an over the top silly story.

Because they're stupid.

Letting bidya gaems become an acceptable mainstream hobby was a mistake.

>please like what i like reeeeeeeeeee
the absolute state of zoomers

Gameplay is far better in general.
Writing is somehow fucking worse than BL2, and cutscenes are still unskippable. It also feels like there's even more waiting around for quest dialogue to finish than before. My friend and I have run all the way across the map after we finished an objective, just to be told that we had go back to where we were to pick something up more than a few times.

I'd say it's worth it if you exclusively care about the gameplay and don't mind tuning the story out, but I'd also say to buy a Russian key and use a VPN to activate it because fuck 2k and EGS.

Attached: 20190913003807.jpg (528x35, 8K)

except no one is asking you to enjoy the game. glad to see you're not afraid of showing off that double digit IQ!

My reply never mentioned reddit, you fucking schizo.

If Borderlands 3 was on Steam I would have bought it just to have something to do, despite not particularly liking the previous games.

But since its only on the Epic Shit Store, I didn't. I don't want to buy games from the Chinese government.

First 10 hours of Borderlands 2 are shit, then it explodes by not relying on an excess of hit-scan enemies and by requiring you to move around a lot and face every mob in a different way.
Btw, maybe it's a bit overrated, but consider that this was the only game with a decent FPS component alongside with HALO and Serious Sam 3 during that generation of consoles, and it was fun with a gamepad too.

Are you having fun?

Attached: Capture.jpg (1351x1080, 123K)

>double digit IQs don't get excited by INCREASE NUMBER
faggot

because they want to support known pedophile randy pitchford

The fact that you think borderlands has good humors shows how fucking retarded you are.

>pedophile
"magician"

torrent? ;)

Maybe not *10*, but I was definitely tired of the snow intro after a few run-throughs. Always considered Sanctuary to be the "real" start.

It's fun and like the progression system.

For me the game kinda started the moment you meet Roland, but yeah, we basically got the same impression.

Fortunately you can start a new playthrough at level 30 with all the campaign (but the last mission) completed

braindead gameplay with lots of skinnerbox number satisfaction, a reasonably distinctive artstyle and SOME decent gunplay

believe it or not a lot of people actually like ultra-juvenile humor too

maybe there are people who enjoy it and not get triggered by seeing someone else liking other stuff than they do.

>the only game with a decent fps component alongside halo and serious sam 3

what
not only are most of your guns dogshit in borderlands with a few "oh thank god this gun actually has a bit of feedback" standouts, but so many games came out during that era. Maybe not the same brand of co-op looter shooter but

I own many games and play the game I feel like playing at the time. I dont need every game to check every gaming box. If every game did, every game would be the same. Retard

I wonder too.
I mean:
>Rick and Morty, the reddit robot (fucking hate those things)
>pretend open world, you can actually not go very far from where you are supposed to since enemies 5 levels above take 1 damage from all weapons and give no loot or exp, you are railroaded
>piss easy difficulty
>most weapons and elements dont really distinguish themselves
I think the idea has a lot of potential, but the execution is pretty bad. Still wouldnt call it as bad as say the Witcher (jesus fucking christ do you have to have low standards to like that combat)
it has rather distinguishable look, I guess.

who cares?

Stop playing videogames just for the sake of it

>Yea Forums suddenly hates borderlands just because it's on the Epic store
Feels good to keep winning.

Attached: 1558100574430.jpg (550x627, 45K)

>suddenly

Attached: 1545386844676.jpg (2700x1800, 1.34M)

The only people who like these games are people so pathetic that they enjoy the looting and seeing big numbers get bigger. Nobody actually enjoys the shooting, it's all about the looting.

>fuckredditsubhumans spreading hate
fixed it for you

Forgot about RAGE 1 and Singularity too, yeah.
Btw, I wasn't considering the gunplay that much (which is heavily influenced by its pseudo-ARPG side), but the way fights with mobs play, which resemble the one of old-school shooters more than many others.
For the rest, I mostly remember that gen as the one of COD and BF, with boring single player campaigns full of scripts and dull gameplay (which although spectacular were absolute crap if compared to stuff such as HL2), and with multiplayer maps full of graphical detail that made them a shitshow based on luck (look at contemporary FPS hits such as R6 and Overwatch, literally none of them has that saturation of detail in their maps).

>suddenly
How do I become a paid shill like you? It can't be that hard seeing as how you are putting literally no effort into it whatsoever

Attached: 1560293387808.png (960x621, 342K)

I wish people it was possible too. but im pretty sure the consumer is just stupid enough to do it for free

crack when