>Wasteland 3
>Colony Ship
>3rd Expeditions game
>Solasta
>Realms Beyond
>Encased

the future is bright bros
whatcha playing?

Attached: B5F05F6F-E525-4367-8505-C6BC657D720F.png (1920x1128, 2.99M)

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/app/921800/Encased_A_SciFi_PostApocalyptic_RPG/
youtube.com/watch?v=IJyUQ7zarS8
youtube.com/watch?v=45XcqJvRHRU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>the future is bright bros
None of those games will be good.

nothing in this garbage genre

Are there any mech crpgs?

Name an RPG that is better than underrail that came out after 2010

Why are isometric graphics so comfy bros?

Attached: natives.jpg (2560x1440, 1.75M)

What are the best ones in the genre and what are the good ones for a beginner to the genre?

Attached: wild mare.jpg (2560x1440, 712K)

If you are looking at stuff thats also ancient, must plays are Baldurs Gate 2 and Fallout 2.
Newer stuff is more accessable. Divinity Original Sin 1 and 2 are fairly easy to get into with some of the best turn based combat in video games in general.

please don't be vaporware

Attached: realms beyond.jpg (1530x869, 352K)

crpgs are kinda shit

Attached: realms beyond.jpg (1440x2172, 1.38M)

If you don't like turn based combat, maybe. For me its the only singleplayer games I care about.

Attached: underrail (2).jpg (1828x1006, 277K)

Thanks user, do I need to play Baldurs Gate 1 and Fallout 1 before the sequels?

well, thats pretty niche

Both games work fairly well on their own

which CRPG should I play right now bros I'm bored

This reminds me that I've yet to finish Pathfinder: Kingmaker.

Attached: download (3).png (372x422, 277K)

What have you played user?

Attached: jungle.jpg (2560x1440, 1.39M)

Baldurs Gate, Divinity OS, Pillars of Eternity

Is there a market for a sandbox crpg? You know, more freeform story, no themepark, no handholding, class change quests, heavy focus on crafting with non combat classes, environmental storytelling and so on?

Attached: 1557796699985.jpg (335x410, 43K)

game?

sure, my favourite thing to do in Baldurs Gate was take my party out to a new zone and just explore, with the threat that I could run into something too strong that would kill me. I think exploration has been underutilised in this genre.

Pillars of Eternity 2

Attached: torture chamber.jpg (2560x1440, 474K)

Good to know, do you think that, again with the concept of no handholding quests in mind, that new areas would be a good reward for finishing a quest? Well considering that areas would always have enemies spawning which would in turn mean you can farm certain items.

Your best bet are probably Kenshi and Mount and Blade

What was that horror crpg released not too long ago? It was called something like Sin and Punishment, but not that

No no I'm thinking of making a game. Well working on it, studying, programming, art, 3D modelling, spritework, because I want to use 2D sprites for the characters and enemies, music, game theory and design takes a lot of time. I have often wondered the actual genre of what I'm trying to create, but I guess it falls under crpg.

I like this 2006-s vibe.

Fallout 1 is worth playing before 2

Bg1 is more of your preference.

>PoE
yike

>Colony Ship
fucking demo when
hopefully it plays better than AoD

dead thread for dead genre. I can't wait for Baldur's gate 3 to not be CRPG but a modern western rpg

Attached: 1500971953267.png (460x361, 209K)

I've played BG1 and 2 a million times, however I noticed they're being released on consoles. Anyone know if they'll have achievements? It might tempt me to replay them all and aim towards.

I hadnt heard of half those games. Next one's on my backlog are Mask of the Betrayer, and Expeditions Conquistador.

I'm working through a first playthrough of New Vegas and semi-enjoying it. Will probably replay Pathfinder Kingmaker with all merc party and advisors after I'm done with FNV. Either that or pick up Tyranny from the humble rpg bundle.

>3rd Expeditions game
Really? What it will be exactly?
I started motb recently and really having fun with it.
Also I really liked Conquistador and finished it.

Attached: Alberto-Echeverria.jpg (833x1200, 183K)

is underrail decent? might buy it later when i wake up

Decent? Sure.

>Really? What it will be exactly?
The Expeditions devs Logic Artists are working on Divinity: Fallen Heroes, a really promising looking XCOM-style game in the Divinity universe. THQ Nordic acquired the Expeditions IP and they're making a new Expeditions game in conjunction with LA. No details on what it's going to be about yet but presumably they'll have better funding.

It's great if you can tolerate the "graphics"

Wait, why did they sell their IP?

I unironically like this game's arts (except the portraits). Everything else is shit though, even the gameplay.

Go back to baseddex.

Expeditions Vikings was not a financial success so that might explain why they're partnering with Larian and THQ.

Attached: exp.jpg (633x146, 24K)

You forgot Cyberpunk 2077.

Damn, I thought Viking was even better than conquistador? I haven't tried it yet.
I really feel bad for them, they really have talent and passion.

Which CRPG is a good starting place?

I think part of why it wasn't a success was because it didn't follow Expeditions Conquistador. People were sort of hoping it was like Conquistador except it's Vikings, but Vikings had a story and some time limits IIRC from the forums.

Looks like OP is more interested in the indie isometric stuff rather than the fpp blockbusters like Cyberpunk and Outer Worlds

Baldurs gate.

Darklands

Finish the trilogy with SCS and Ascension without dying, at least it's an actual achievement and great gameplay.

Dragon Age: Origins

cRPG is kind of an irrelevant term today. it just used to refer to computer roleplaying games, nowadays "classic" is probably more accurate. What I value in RPGs is deep mechanics, character interactions and choice and consequence. Witcher 3 had quite a lot of the later, we will see how Cyberpunk and Outer Worlds turn out

Attached: rays.png (1616x907, 2.36M)

This. Basically any Bioware game between 2000 and 2010.
>Star Wars KOTOR
>Jade Empire
>Mass Effect 1 and/or 2
>Dragon Age: Origins

op art is from colony ship?

anyone here played the avernum games?

store.steampowered.com/app/921800/Encased_A_SciFi_PostApocalyptic_RPG/

Attached: header.jpg (460x215, 102K)

>store.steampowered.com/app/921800/Encased_A_SciFi_PostApocalyptic_RPG/
thanks.
Bummed that is is another fallout-like setting; would have preferred another type of sci-fi setting. For example i would love a setting inspired by alien (minus the alien of course), outland, or even expanse: corporations, developing (yet crude) space infrastructure, privatized space police, rebelling colonies and the like.

I prefer Geneforge series with its pokemon combat. Their other games (Avernum, Avadon, and the latest Queen's Wish) just dragged on and on for me.

Brainlet

Attached: 1566787379340.png (610x612, 62K)

Colony Ship is gonna be the closest thing for that although it takes place in one ship.

Pathfinder is excellent. There is also Atom RPG, UnderRail, Tryanny, and Stygian is coming out at the end of the month. Stygian looks interesting and different.

Attached: 1513150519476.jpg (1410x985, 95K)

What's the third expeditions game?

Is PoE 2 good and do I need to play 1 before it? The problem is 1 doesn't have a turn based mode I don't like rtwp

So someone thought their combat systems were good enough to do a tactical game for an established IP, good for them.

I think that Vikings flopped undeserved. Their combat system is more balanced than Divinity Original Sin 2, really interesting setting, lots of consequences to your decisions, individual standings with factions, everything happens in real time so its entirely possible to doom yourself during the campaign. Some people don't like that, but I love Fallout-esque doomsday timers
Sided with the scottish and raided everything in the south, got rich, converted to christianity and dominated scandinavia.
Nothing about it yet besides confirmation that its in development and that the IP is now owned by THQ Nordic

Attached: ss_876e1104cc9b2090129996d1929de708bacea6ee.1920x1080.jpg (1920x1080, 595K)

this
or most older Bioware for that matter

yep, i knew about it; hopefully it'll be good.

Any gory crpgs?

Fallouts

bcs of gay fish dick.
pillars of eternity ? more like pillars of homo eroticisms

Any space opera crpgs? I am sick to death of medieval fantasy. Colony Ship is not out and I've played the KotORs and SS2.

Attached: 1568034139906.jpg (362x190, 11K)

>BGIII
Wait what?

fuck all these other games, i'm looking forward to BG3 under larian studios, and no other game

me too lad

Attached: nosavethisismine.jpg (225x225, 11K)

>Pillars of Eternity
Tyranny was better. I don't understand what people see in PoE. I couldn't even force myself to finish it.

Anyone?

BG3 and CP2077 for me. Both are coming on GOG and both are from two of my favorite studios right now. Larian and CDPR.

Stellar tactics maybe? Although I can’t remember if they ever finished it

i really want to like CP2077 because i respect CDPR, but i dont like the theme of the game. i want dragons and wizards with beards and pointy hats in my rpgs. so BG3 it is

also, i somehow feel like cp2077 is going to do badly in comparison to TW3. just my guess

>the future is bright bros
I don't think so, all the upcoming wRPGs look soulless and boring.

Threadly reminder that the Chad style of crpg is first person dungeon crawling that changes to isometric/overhead turn based combat when you encounter enemies

IE kiddies out

did you not see the BG3 trailer?

Which game is like that? Realms of Arkania?

Gold Box as well
Dark Heart

>cinematic
>made by fucking larian
it's gonna be trash

Looks soulless and boring

it might be a cinematic instead of gameplay, granted, but it shows that they take their material seriously, with a certain degree of gore, which is rare and appreciated. That makes it the opposite of soulless. And a human violently morphing into a mindflayer is grotesque, but not boring

if it's not gameplay it's worthless

if this were, for example, a flashy shooter i'd agree, but since world building, setting, atmosphere, story etc. are an essential part of an RPG i'd disagree with you

>world building, setting, atmosphere, story etc. are an essential part
not really, the underlying game system is more important than those. What you mentioned are just window dressing

If the core gameplay loop and systems don't work everything falls apart as in Obisidian's garbage. With Larian's comments on how dice rolls and missing are bad, I don't have high hopes

Baldur's Gate is literally my favorite saga of all times, I've finished it a thousand times, played it with all gameplay altering and difficulty mods over the years, and I really fail to understand how anyone who shares that opinion could be excited in any way, shape or form for BG3.
There is no way we will have something resembling the amazing ruleset of BG2. It will be some watered down version of 5e, by a studio making turn based games.
Basically nobody from the original team is working on it, so it will 100% be Larian's view on the forgotten realms, which I really di''t give a fuck about. It will be casualised shit, 3d, ugly weightless animations and shit soulless backgrounds if the trailer is anything to go by.
Aside from the franchise name they have nothing. I mean sure at least it's not fucking beamdog, but even then, after 7 fucking years Beamdog managed to make something pretty decent out of their EE, ignoring their retarded fanfic shit.
But fucking LARIAN? What the fuck do they know about Baldur's Gate and what makes it so fucking good?
At least if they had hired some well established names in the BG modding scene, the guy behind SCS, the team who recently remade Ascension, anyone. But nope, it's a bunch of no names who spent the last 10 years developing boring soulless nu-crpg with shit ruleset, boring art and trash writing. This shit is only called Baldur's Gate for marketing and artificial hype.

Wake the fuck up, retards.

>not really, the underlying game system is more important than those. What you mentioned are just window dressing
that is your valid opinion, please respect mine. I believe that a good presentation of the story/world/characters etc. is more important than the gameplay, see PS:T

Why do people criticize Torment's gameplay but not IWD/BG? It's exactly the same thing, except in Torment there's less of it so you'd think that would be a point in its favor.

Recommend me games where I can be a literally who and fuck around the world. I hate when games shove party members personalities or "you are the choosen one" bullshit. I just want to explore the world and gather shit to become more powerful.

Attached: b97cf4416c595b4d2ee75a487e9a4b30.png (860x596, 838K)

just play a crpg where you create your entire party
try Wizardry, Might and Magic, or Elimage

It's absolutely not the same fucking thing, and if you unironically think that you either didn't play IWD and BG or completely fucking suck at those games.

I personally found DA:O to be dogshit, but I would recommend Kotor or Mass Effect as a good starting point.

>or completely fucking suck
You'll have to explain that one to me, what could that have to do with the similarity of the combat systems?

colony ship, haven't heard of any of the ones below it

not him but well, you could be so bad at a game that you don't grasp the gameplay elements whatsoever. which disqualifies you from a grounded opinion, unbeknown to you

Don't listen to the retards saying Bioware games, they are mediocre as fuck.

I liked Pillars 2 a ton. It's my favorite CRPG. The story isn't as good as 1 but the setting is kino and the combat is the best in the genre.

You really don't need to play pillars 1. It recaps you and let's you make decisions for the first game at the beginning of 2 if you would like so you can get a little deeper story choices without having to play through 1.

I can't say anything about turned based because I only played it rtwp.

The limits of your gameplay possibilities in Torment are basically what you can do with half a party at level 6 in BG or IWD. The similarity of the combat system only exists if you have absolutely no idea what to do in IWD and BG and play these games like an utter fucking noob.

>The story isn't as good
that's a fucking understatement, the writing was fucking cringe

It's garbage, 1 is also garbage and should be ignored

>3rd Expeditions
the 2nd one was good but had literally the exact same structure and overall quest progression as the first

That's exactly what I said, there's less combat in Torment. Fundamentally, mechanically, they are exactly the same. Same engine.

I could be? And what could you be, a fucking corpse? Maybe a faggot?

careful where you point that edge

>look I am retarded
There's barely a 10th of the spells in either IWD or BG in Torment, and the few they share work completely differently and are heavily simplified in Torment.
No spell chess either be abuse there are almost no status effects or ways to prevent them.
There are 4 classes in Torment, three you can play as TNO. No multi classing, no proper dual classing, no kits.
All the tables (XP, thac0, spell progression) are simplified. Weapons and equipment are scarce, and none of them have even remotely fun or interesting effects. Encounter design is piss poor, just bags of hp to bash (no enemy mages, no priests, etc.).
I mean, it's the same engine, ok cool, and even then, not completely because Torment uses an older version than even BG1. Aside from that absolutely everything is different, those games just aren't played the same way. They only are if all you know how to do is cast fear, magic missile, auto attack with non hated fighters and occasionally backstab some guy. Which is playing BG and IWD like an utter fucking noob because there's just so much fun and broken shit to do in these games with every single class, both tactically and strategically. Dimensions that Torment doesn't have at all in its gameplay, since the focus is the mother fucking dialogue. you gain most of your xp in Torment talking about stuff and remembering things, you gain all of your xp in BG and IWD killing shit and turning in quests.
For the love of god, stop trying to have an opinion on games you obviously didn't play for more than 5 minutes.

Was Wasteland 2 even good? It came out and I never heard a thing about it again.

Any good ARPGs coming out? I hate these retro nostalgia bait games.

>ARPG
Greedfall is pretty good as long as you're either a fan of Spiders previous games or other Eurojank like PB
other than that nothing I can think of

underrail is the first crpg ive really gotten into and enjoy, i dont really like reading loads of text because story in video games is always fucking garbage. are there other crpgs that focus more on combat/exploration like underrail?

Attached: 1566152356728.jpg (585x629, 66K)

Just play shit like Kenshi or Mount n Blade.

>more on combat/exploration like underrail?
pretty much everything made prior to '99

Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale but it's rtwp so not for faggots and assorted cocksucker. ToEE if you enjoy dicks and turn based combat.

rtwp is so shit, I have no clue how you delude yourself into thinking its any good besides being a nostalgic boomer thinking "OLD GOOD NEW BAD"
Also, if you're playing a crpg for the combat, you're a fucking retard.

Might and Magic games are the closest to a "sandbox" but instead of class change quests, you get promotion quests that make specific classes stronger. Also the games a bit janky at first but you get used to it. Would reccomend VI if you want a really big game, VII if you want a more engaging plot or VIII since that's the most modern out of all.

>rtwpfags

>not playing crpgs for the combat

Sorry you don't have social skills and can't get into a DnD group so you autistically min max builds in Baldurs Gate.

>you don't have social skills and can't get into a DnD group
those are the only people who play DnD

I like the future because it has way way more niche products. Sure, there are handful of big CRPGs most people into CRPGs will probably like, such as BG3 and WL3, but shit Copper Dreams, Disco Elysium and Stygian are probably just aimed at small audience and that's alright. I don't need to like everything to appreciate its existence. Market has fractured and that has lead to a whole lot of nobodies making games they themselves wanted to play.

Attached: stygian.jpg (1920x1086, 1.23M)

why are some people pissed off about realms beyond and raving about betrayal of some sort?

Recently went back and played Baldur's Gate 1 from start to finish. The gameplay holds up better than I thought it would but the story holds up waaaay worse. Companions have almost nothing to them, the story is kind of just there in the background and the ending is incredibly abrupt. Still had a fun time but was just surprised by that.

isnt baldurs gate heavily story-focused? also rtwp is fucking garbage

Niggas, don't you know Conquistador apparently did so badly it almost made the studio gave up on developing video games entirely?

>I don't understand crpg combat
>therefore I pretend to play them for the story alone
>also rtwp sucks
like clockwork

>mfw end game Torment spells are basically Summons from Final Fantasy
youtube.com/watch?v=IJyUQ7zarS8

Attached: amashing.jpg (165x178, 6K)

>>Wasteland 3
>>Colony Ship
>coming out
>ever
Tbh I'm looking forward to Pathfinder 2 more than most of those.

They announced a second one?

good
marketing the game as historical and making half of the soldiers cunts means they deserve execution
thankfully steam has refunds
dumb sjw shit

Not officially, but we all know it's happening.

stygian looks like the shit. there's even a demo.

Not really, sure the storytelling is good, characters and companions are really cool, but it's not Planescape or Arcanum, or Fallout, or hundreds of crpgs with good story and trash combat taking the backseat. The gameplay is the focus at the end of the day, it's not a bullshit rpg that pretends to have you make choices that end up being 'select dialogue option 1 or 2 for consequences in the next dialogue or the one after'. It's the most accurate translation of D&D combat in a videogame bar maybe ToEE, and that's the focus. Understanding strats, tactics and synergies between characters, spells and equipment.

>just play a crpg where you create your entire party
I have no idea why this feature got phased out of CRPGs, Shit, even back in the day I would spoof LAN games for Baldur's Gate 2 so I can create a full party of my own.

>implying people today could cut it in Darklands

Think about it
>simulationist
>historical

Historical most could deal with, but it's the simulationist part that's anathema for most.

Where did they get money for "viking" then?

I will never understand the absolute butthurt the words 'rtwp' cause on this board. It's just beyond my understanding honestly. If there were arguments I could, but it's just a bunch of triggered trannies autistically repeating it's shit. I don't get it, it's fluid, enjoyable, precise and offers more possibilities than any turn based system. I don't get how or why pressing space often is a problem for "people" here.

Attached: Clandestine-Free-Download.jpg (706x1007, 53K)

Problem, in practical terms, is it just leads to fuckton of trash combat because devs think "RTwP is fast enough to go through and not bore the player". They're wrong, especially if you get nothing out of it like in PoE. I'm no fan of that particular game, but Age of Decadence still stands as the best implementation of combat in CRPGs in general because the fact it's used so sparingly and treats every fight as a mini-boss encounter at least lends itself well to taking your time with turn-based. You're not RUSHING through anything because with every combat scenario you're struggling just to stay afloat.

Attached: AoD_death1.jpg (1027x816, 88K)

>simulationist
What's this? I googled a bit but couldn't really wrap my mind about it. Is it some kind of sand-box approach, like mount and blade?

Bros suggest some fun builds in Divinity 2 for me. Currently at the end of Act 1 on the boat and have been playing it safe with the companion basic classes and summoner also why does Ifan have -40 attitude towards me while everyone else is happy, I thought I did his whole quest

Attached: 1563558509672.jpg (235x196, 17K)

>rtwp is garbage dude
>no I haven't played BG or IWD
Then why do you even have an opinion about RTWP, you cocksucking faggot?

>whatcha playing?
Anything not made by nuObsidian and Shitxile.

Do you have anger issues user?

Attached: 1539967847075.jpg (267x323, 7K)

>Colony Ship
Just had a quick look, the aestethics looked a lot like Syndicate.

They all play like a mobile game the vast majority of the time where you just auto attack. The majority of them have melee characters who have no actual move pool besides their auto attack and have only spellcasters really get skills to use, but you don't want to burn your spells on the trash fights these kinds of games are filled with so they also just run around auto attacking shit.
When fights are more serious and need more hands on control, its more cumbersome then something that's turn based because you have to manually pause for each round which is tedious and its basically turn based at that point.
Its just not fun gameplay. The only positive to rtwp is if you just want to experience the story so you set it to the lowest difficulty so you never have to play its shit combat. Theres literally no other positives to it.
Saying its "Fluid" just makes it sound like your huffing your own farts. Its not fun. You can't get more precise then TB combat and rtwp offers basically no possibilities because they're basically just auto attacking everything.
Cope harder boomer, BG was shit and DOS2 is way better, which is why Larians making BG3 turnbased and nu-obsian had to be bought out by microsoft to keep the lights on and had to patch in turnbased mode to try to get people to buy their shit game about fucking gay fish.

Try Baldur's Gate 2 with SCS honestly. Turn based and RTWP both can be great or suck, it's not the system itself, itns how the games use them. I think your PoE example made me understand the irrational hatred for rtwp on this board, most people here only know about RTWP because they played or heard about PoE and maybe Arcanum, and it sucked.
Not like there are many games using RTWP in the first place.

If you feel anger from a post that innocuous, you should go back from whatever hypocrite normalfag shithole you crawled out of, pussy.

Kenshi.

What?

Attached: 1533907199925.jpg (470x470, 30K)

Colony Ship is the only one I'm looking forward to but I'm quite sure I'll be dead before that will release. Kinda want to replay Age of Decadence again now.

>look at me I am retarded
Yes we know already, shoo

Why are you so mad user?

To be fair people mistakenly say you get nothing out of combat in PoE when you do, in fact, get experience for filling out the bestiary which is accomplished by killing shit. You can't rely on combat as main source of experience forever, but it's not like they're just wasting your time with it either.

>Arcanum
Arcanum is weird in a sense both its real-time and turn-based modes are flawed due to rushed development. Sometimes you want to use a specific one over the other.

>I have nothing to say but I must keep replying
But why? Are you butthurt?

>due to rushed development.
Nah it's not only that but big flaws in the system itself. If it used a universal round system where every action takes a determined amount of time similar to BG/IWD it would solve half the problems both in turn based and rt. Dev time surely didn't help, but it's not the core of the issue imo.

Because as we know, the genocidal rapists that were the Spanish were actually good guys

>fantasy RPG
>gods damned

Attached: de15df26e9bf61c4f5672a08dc60a50b.jpg (499x481, 28K)

>frogposting
>unfunny greentext shit

If Torment's combat is bad, expanding it and adding more spells and items isn't going to make it less bad. It's just more of something that's bad. That's why you can't criticise its combat without criticising the combat of BG/IWD.

I get that you've attached a lot of your sense of self worth to beating sword coast strategems, and frankly that's not my problem.

Wasteland 3 is still set for early 2020 user, its not far off
youtube.com/watch?v=45XcqJvRHRU

Attached: Wasteland_3_Preview_Rocky_Mountain_High_Caliber.mp4_1.webm (1280x720, 2.52M)

I don't know when it will be released or if it'll be as good but I'm sort of waiting for Atom RPG's Trudograd expansion.

Attached: EDJ2zmKXYAYXj6o.jpg:large.jpg (1753x1235, 656K)

Albion. It's really old though.

Fucking Fargo, though.

>bitch at publishers during his KS pitch for WL2
>sells InXile the moment Microsoft offers to buy them

Attached: shit eating grin you can trust.jpg (750x1000, 66K)

Why am I wasting time answering to a fucking 12 years old...
You don't explain why Planescape combat is bad you just say it is. I explain to you that in my opinion, PST combat is bad because it lacks a lot of options and shit to do, especially compared to other IE games. You just repeat' but iz bad' without any argument. You then repeat 'iz same thing because same engine lol' without any argument. Then you somehow manage the mental gymnastics to say that having a lot more options, more complexity, and quite frankly, a completely different set of rules, changes nothing. Then you go on that random bitter last paragraph to conclude your absolute void of argumentation.

You seem to have attached a lot of your sense of self-worth in repeating baseless contrarian opinions that you can't justify, about games you haven't played. And quite frankly that's not my problem.

Last I checked, they were in complete radio silence for like two years. Good to see that at least some footage of the game exists.

*Turdograd, more like

I'm more pissed he's clearly responsible for shuffling around funds other games got for whatever is the biggest profile title. It's obvious The Bard's Tale 4 got shafted and that budget went to Wasteland 3.

>threads about CRPGs in general are always a mess
>threads about specific CRPGs are usually decent
Why is that?

Everything that has wider reach attracts the shit majority audience as a rule.

Because the firsts attract retards who played a handful of games, didn't finish any but nonetheless have vague yet strong worded opinions about everything they know basically nothing about.
The second type of threads about a specific game attracts people who are currently playing and enjoying (or absolutely hating) said specific game, or did so somewhat recently, and thus have a well informed opinion on the subject, and have the good will to help others getting into it or staying out of it.
It's not only about crpgs, it's about any genre/platform/whatever.

Real time with pause system is fucking garbage and anyone who defends it should go play in traffic. You know it's a shity system when a mobile RPG like Shadowrun Dragonfall has a better turn based combat than your game.

worth it to play underrail without expansion?

>you will never be this butthurt about something
lmao feels good
nice non arguments, faggot, I can feel the 5 minutes you spent on a shitty rtwp game then proceeded to convince yourself it was universally bad to appear like a big boy on Yea Forums