I spent 8 dollars on this game and I still feel ripped off. This an insult to Mega Man

I spent 8 dollars on this game and I still feel ripped off. This an insult to Mega Man.

No wonder backers were livid.

Attached: Mighty-No-9-Trailer[1].jpg (914x514, 67K)

It's better than nothing.

Nigga you knew the game was bad, why would you spend ANY amount of money on it?

They deserve it for being so retarded.

In this particular instance? No. At least with nothing you can imagine it could have been decent.

>It's better than nothing.

it's actually not. They could have spent this cash on literally anything better.

I liked it.
Was better than every X game past 4.

And yet people ate up MM11

>Was better than every X game past 4.

Now THIS is shit posting!

>And yet people ate up MM11

It never showed up on Capcoms 1 million sellers list. ie it bombed.

I'm pretty sure all the hate came from people that never even played the game. I bought it on release, and it played like a perfectly average Mega Man game with a weird new dash mechanic. I'm not gonna say it was great, but it sure as shit doesn't deserve the hate it gets.

But, le funny YouTube/Twitch Man says it's bad and he did it with a funny voice and he screamed, so it's time to parrot the opinion of someone I've never met about a game I've never played.

The game is hideous, and is an unoptimized programming mess. Looks and feels like some cheap fan project. Totally lacking polish and thought.

How do you feel after making a post like this?

X5 and X8 were mediocre games and X6, X7 were straight garbage.

11 was pretty good.

As a baker of the game, I didn't like it very much. It didn't play like an "average" mega man game, it played like an ooooold Mega Man game developed by people who don't quite understand Mega Man, like MMII on GB.

Not only that, but the devs were stuck in the past. They decided to make things hard like Mega Man 1 to compensate for good design, and a lot of places were tedious grinds.

>The guy that actually made Mega Man never got the credit, but the art guy did
>People act surprised when the art guy can't code

Inafune should have made Red Ash first, and hired Armature Studios. At the very least their Comcept game was competent looking and made well.

>X5 with its beyond obtuse upgrade system and eclipse cannon not actually being a roll % but a set "will hit this save file/will not hit this save file"
>X6's final areas and how you can perma lock yourself out of upgrades and ruin your save file if you dont know a head of time how to save every reploid
>X7 and X8 even needing an explanation as to why they stink
Bro, he's actually right on this one.

X8 isn't even close to as bad as X7. X7 has garbage level design and garbage mechanics. X8 has meh level design and excellent mechanics.

Hot take: Megaman was never good.

>be art guy that steals credit
>instead of digging in and making a good product make like 5 different kickstarters and try to make a big multimedia thing from the ground up

Inafune had a big ego and never re-adjusted to being an indie. He still acted like he was a big shot at Capcom. That's why Comcpet had like 10 games in development at the same time instead of focusing on a handful of them.

If you were to combine MN9, Red Ash, and Recore into one game, I think you'd get a solid title. Armature Studios doing a MML clone, with the hype of MN9's kickstarter.

hotter take: megaman was always good but 9 is the best one

>Hot take: Megaman was never good.

MM2 was insanely popular, and was in fact the second highest selling Capcom game in history. That Kitamura decided to leave afterwards was absurd. MM2 is considered one of the most fun and polished Famicom games ever. It's only looking at the game 30+ years later, that we can go "yeah, it's okay but x game was better". But you had nothing like MM1-2 when they first came out. That level of graphics, level design, music, was so fresh and new.

That's what MM's lacking now. He's stuck in a rut of doing the same things over and over again with no innovation. MM11 was "here we go again" feel.

Remember all the fanart for this game?

Attached: smug James Franco.jpg (1097x1073, 232K)

I disagree, MM11 felt fresh to me. The level design is solid, weapons and bosses were good, and the double gear is a fun gimmick that doesn't overshadow the rest of the game.

Main problem I had was that it was too short.

>I disagree, MM11 felt fresh to me.

It does nothing fundamentally new. There's a million 2.5D games tha tlook like it on th emarket. It doesn't stand out at all. Only diehard MM fans will care about it. I don't think kids care about it either.

Imagine waking up in 1987. MM2 totally stands out and there's nothing else as good as it. Then jump to 2019 and look at MM11. Everything looks like it. That's what I mean by being fresh. There was a sense of innovation and that MM2 was just leagues above other games. It felt as good or better than something Nintendo themselves made.

Ah, I see now. Well I don't think any entry 11 games into a franchise can be a genre pioneer.

Hottest take: Your taste needs refinement.

>Fanart around reveal and after the Kickstarter was backed was Beck taking up the mantle of Mega Man and hanging with Shantae, Shovel Knight and other Indie characters
>Near and Post-release fan art was this
Kek

Attached: 1b9.jpg (500x488, 76K)

Kind of funny how all of them save for bloodstained got turned on by their audiences.

>tfw raocow played through every single megaman game and STILL did Mighty Number 9.

Big Dick Energy.

They still never released all the promised versions of the game. Or made it up to the backers who wanted those versions.
Based con men, I suppose.

How did people respond to Yooka-Laylee? I never saw shit about that game past its initial crowdfunding

I got on psplus
At least is better than megaman and Bass and X7

I spent 100 and I want to die

>I spent 100 and I want to die

I gave Con man 250 dollars.

still waiting for my vita version conman

>only backed $10
>planned to buy the Vita version when it came out
>never did
I guess I came out better than some people.

At least you weren't this guy

Attached: mightybacker.jpg (886x1164, 427K)

They're literally quoting what Inafune said about this mess.

Also I still haven't received my Super Famicom USB stick after all this time. At least Call is cute.

Very few liked it, most saw it as Banjo Kazooie with the good parts removed but the early 3D jank intact.

People didn't like it

They never got that dinner, did they?

It received an at best tepid response. A lot of people overblow criticisms of the game, and I'm sure a lot here on Yea Forums will tell you it's the absolute worst thing ever to be spawned because it's fucking Yea Forums, but by all metrics Yooka-Laylee is just an "okay" game. Very much flawed, but by no means unplayable, and it definitely tries to be what it wants to be, just doesn't quite reach it. It really could have used an extra year in the oven, but I don't know if they could have afforded that.
It's a far more heartfelt product than MN9 was, at the very least.

That's actually why huge pledges are really bad. Sure, you got a few grand from one guy, but the hype and expectations aren't worth it. That's why backing games should be like just pre-ordering tier prices. max out at 29.99.

>They're literally quoting what Inafune said about this mess.

It's actually what Ben Judd said. Man is an idiot extraordinaire. Inafune was trying to be contrite and apologize.

Have you seen the full stream? The devs knew they had a turd and were dancing around how awful it was. Then Inafune and Judd got on and Inafune outright apologized for the game being a mess. Then people asked about Red Ash and he looked like he was reminded of his mom's death or something. Guy probably went home and cried.

Which stream?

>Which stream?

Launch stream.