HEY, URAMESHI! How come we don't have any good games?

HEY, URAMESHI! How come we don't have any good games?

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 15K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BjTXjW9auz4
youtube.com/watch?v=SG23vOld7Ps
youtube.com/watch?v=MfLfFApmxPs
youtube.com/watch?v=7k0qg_k1S0U
youtube.com/watch?v=8E_KOQJTWTo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

What genre would even fit your series?
Musou? Lame
Fighting? No one would care. You're better off being guest characters to already existing popular fighters
ARPG? Plausible

HOW THE HELL SHOULD I KNOW?!? Arc System is making something for random gacha crap while I get throw into half baked crossover titles!

Attached: KUWABARA.jpg (480x360, 16K)

Shut UP Kuwabara don't make me kick your ass again!

Old school, side scrolling, beat 'em up.

Side scrolling beat-em-up with different characters for different missions.
I'm trying to figure out how to get Botan in on the action.

A Mario & Luigi like except you play as Yusuke and Kuwabara.

Maybe also Hiei and Kurama in different segments or have them interchangeable and make your own duo.

Attached: Banner-MarioandLuigiScreenshot.jpg (1920x1080, 485K)

I want to get into some action with Botan

Attached: botan.jpg (960x720, 86K)

Should I watch this anime

Yeah it's a classic.

Fuck yes, it's bro-tier and the Dark Tournament is the best tournament arc in all of anime, this show aged very well

You most certainly should

Yes, but it's pretty obvious they didn't know what to do with Season 4 and it basically becomes Season 2 with a different skin.

The show has a lot of likeable characters and the fights are entertaining. The English Dub has a lot of charm and is better than the original imo.

>Sidescrolling BeatEmUp
Boring. Im just imagining it and it's already amking me yawn.

Because our anime is overrated

Attached: 3E89316A-BBED-4718-87D9-A4C0F6E03692.jpg (407x430, 24K)

Oh shit! you just got Ludwig'd!
You will now read everything in his voice for a while.

Attached: drake.jpg (780x463, 191K)

The only answer is to make it a CUHRAYZEE game like DMC

Attached: 1566534158960.png (480x480, 148K)

Regardless of your shit tastes, it would lend itself best to faithfully capturing the spirit of the show.

Because you go to shit after the dark tournament arc.

>Botan's dub voice

Attached: 1483670263382.gif (400x300, 715K)

Final fantasy 8 but they never leave the school setting

would an arksys yuyu hakusho fighting game work?

Attached: koto_fullintro.webm (960x720, 2.65M)

Being an absolute power house you mean?
He can cut anything in half,
if he was in the tournament anyone thinking they could take a swing from his sword would get instantly K.O'ed

I meant the whole anime/manga user.

I think he meant the series as a whole no specifically Kuwabara

The sensui arc wasn't as bad as everyone says, it has it's ups and downs but gave us alot of great moments (like powers that need thinking outside the box, instead of just brute-forcing spirit battles ala Younger Toguro)
but the twist at the end were Yosuke had demon daddy issues was a big stretch, I have to admit that.

jokes on you
i'm a speed reader

>translating doumo as thank you
this is why I hate children that just discovered what an .srt is

Until the end of the Dark Tournament Arc, then drop it. It's shit after that and not worth watching.

Terrible advice.

Nah, it's pretty good. I wish I could forget everything after that.

Is there anyone who could defeat Jorge Saotome?

Attached: tumblr_pe1vuwooe21rrimiio1_500[1].jpg (500x375, 56K)

Hell yes, the dub is fucking excellent too.

The last episode was nice

Attached: 1568190082851.jpg (320x320, 24K)

but it does, there's a good yyh fighting game i'm pretty sure

Small brain people like you can't appriciate the simplicity that comes with adding the new set of powers psychics had in the sensui arc.
Now even if you could blow up the whole city block, if you step in their territory and end up caught in the power even a middle school bully could beat the fuck out of Yosuke.
Is it kinda retarded? Yes, but it's more retarded when shit like Dragon Ball can't stop for a second thinking that stronger opponents only have that to show, bigger and useless to say, uninteresting super waves.
The demon arc is more of the same Dark Tournament with less interesting characters.
Nothing bad, just disappointing.
and before you say anything about bringing DB in the fray thinking you are a DB-fag,
I'm a Hokuto No Ken faggot, and that show will always be perfect in my eyes even if there were retarded shits

Attached: daf8c3ead2e5a0ec80bac77847baed9e62df4fdb_hq.jpg (716x520, 31K)

Meccha meccha

youtube.com/watch?v=BjTXjW9auz4
>dub

Every SNES and Sega (yes, all Sega systems) Yu Yu Hakusho game is great.

I mean, they do. They just never got localized anywhere. The ones on genesis and 3DO were pretty good fighting games (Hagiri's super of summoning the truck is fucking hilarious). Tokubetsu hen on SNES was also pretty fun once you get the hang of it.

What about that fighting game on the Mega Drive by Treasure?

Singleplayer game by platinum, switch between the 4 mid combat. BOOM

Of course it would, they're the best there is. If they made one of those JUMP crossover games where its just characters from tons of series fighting it'd be amazing.

yu yu hakusho was what got me into anime, I just randomly caught the first episode on adult swim at some point, and after that I was hooked
I'm pretty sure I played the shitty gba game to fucking death. It was trash, but I loved it anyways.

if you like generic shounen with FRIENDSHIP MAKES ME STRONGER!!!!! go for it. It also later on turns into a bad DBZ clone

>FRIENDSHIP MAKES ME STRONGER
The fuck? YYH is probably the most blackpilled out of all the big name shounens

This. The creator is known to be insanely cynical and it always bleeds into his works, especially HxH. He'd never do friend ship power bullshit.

The last fight before the show turned into utter shit was literally FRIENDSHIP IS WHAT MAKES ME STRONGER THAN YOU!
did you guys even watch the show?

The guy is pretty much this youtube.com/watch?v=SG23vOld7Ps only that he defeats him because of the power of friendship

He lost the last fight you inbred nigger, did you fucking watch the show?

>before the show turned into utter shit
read it again

So you missed the most of the shit that is going down afterwards, gotcha.

Also way to miss the point of the end of the fight. It is not friendship, it is pure undiluted rage and anger together with a goal in mind, toguro doesn't have a fucking goal except for a deathwish, urameshi does.

>Yuria twist was stupid
>Should have ended with Raoh
>Character deaths happened so often it was just expected
>Hokuto skills just became retarded DBZ shit by hnk2

Still my favorite anime

You and me both

Yes his goal was to protect his friends and beloved ones. It's literally the power of friendship that made him win. Yuyu is the embodiment of the most generic shounen crap there is.

youtube.com/watch?v=MfLfFApmxPs

>Character deaths happened so often it was just expected
On the surface I can see why this would bother you, but that's the whole point. In their post apocalyptic society, most men already die young. Now factor in the burden of protecting others that can't fight for themselves. It's just the fate all virtuous men in that era expect.

>It's literally the power of friendship that made him win
You're fucking retarded son. He won because toguro wanted to lose, he wanted to die and had done for a while. That's literally fucking it, he just wanted to fight someone worthwhile that could actually kill him. Urameshi had massive potential, but he was completely outclassed at that point and the only way to even tap into any of that potential was to do something that would make him so unbelievably angry that rage pushed him beyond his current capabilities.
There's fuckall to do with friendship involved there, either you didn't watch it or you literally didn't comprehend any of what you were watching at the time buddy.

youtube.com/watch?v=7k0qg_k1S0U

OH NONONONONONONONONONO

Literally winning because of the power of love and Yuyu fags will defend this.

Attached: 1515426972414.jpg (418x396, 28K)

>oh shit i was wrong let me switch to talking about kuwabara instead of the original fight i cited
yes, kuwabara is the exact kind of friendship makes me stronger guy, he's the comic relief. this has no bearing on the toguro fight, try again lad

Show sets up that spirit energy becomes stronger with emotions

I will l love power of friendship shit

Attached: 1500937197105.gif (500x337, 128K)

There is that tactics gba game. Pretty good imo.

hunter x hunter is way superior dont @ me idiots

I wish there was more YYH but I guess thats a good thing. Even with the wonky last arc I was still kept wanting more.

This is the main reason that YYH sucks. The "power of friendship" trope is beyond retarded and also too easy of an asspull.
Just watch HxH, even though there's some power of friendship bullshit present, it's not crucial at all for the best arcs (Yorkshin and Chimera Ant).

No.

Attached: no.jpg (477x318, 13K)

Hey Kuwabara, you're conscious.
I'm not used to that!

Name a better dub

>it's another American think dub is good because they watched it on toonami growing up episode

That you would probably think is good?
Gundam Wing

Chapter Black has incredible soundtrack, too.
youtube.com/watch?v=8E_KOQJTWTo

Oh man, a 2D RPG would be so dope

Too bad HxH aside from the first arc, after the whole MMO shenanigan it starts to really go down in quality.
Yu Yu Hakusho has the trope of power of friendship not in the literal sense, were Toguro/Yomi had nothing to lose and were basically monsters who rejected mortality (Toguro)/partnership (Yomi) [he basically told Kurama to ither serve him or get fucked, even if Kurama wanted Yomi dead way back when, he's such a different person since the fox years he could have not pushed him], Yosuke went from a guy who died and only had his pseudo-gf rooting for him to not stay dead, to an almost world leader in demon world sporting support from all sides, Toguro ended up suffering eternal punishment since he got what he wanted, death from a stronger "human" being, and Yomi just wanted to fight Rayzen but couldn't and ended up thinking that maybe his son is what really matters instead of demon blood feuds.

Attached: fuckoff - Copy.png (170x200, 72K)

>try watching anime
>urameshi is an unlikeable asshole in the first episode

does it get better? is it as good as hunter x hunter?

Attached: 1542005925455.png (1665x1558, 1.63M)

It's way better than HxH, you zoomer.

>not one response regarding calling or being called a meshi
What happened?

>after the whole MMO shenanigan it starts to really go down in quality
Are you fucking kidding me? The MMO arc is the worst one for sure (together with the last arc which has that granny that can transform into a bicycle and Nanika), but Chimera Ant arc is absolute god tier and nothing in YYH comes close.
YYH has too much wasted potential, as the Dark Tournament was really good until that final battle which was the generic power of friendship bullshit (even though the backstory of the antagonist wasn't generic at all), and Chapter Black shat the bed after the reveal of that new aura and the reveal that Yusuke has demon blood in him. Also, the dead kid shouldn't have been revived at the end of the arc, because it nullifies his whole arc. What was Togashi thinking?
The final arc is the worst because it's extremely rushed, no one even tries to defend that arc. The only good thing to come out of it is that one female because of her excellent backstory (which was changed in the anime for the worse; the anime also has a way shittier ending).
Only delusional people and literal retards would think YYH is superior to HxH. Chimera Ant arc is enough to beat the whole of YYH yet HxH also has the Yorkshin arc, and it can be even argued that Greed Island has its merits as well (mostly in the manga as the anime didn't adapt that arc well enough), hell, even the first arc (the tournament) could be argued for because it has a lot of twists on the usual tournament formula (as opposed to the Dark Tournament arc).

This is some massive bait. Chimera Ant arc was a bloated, overwritten mess.

>bloated, overwritten mess
Only people who didn't understand it completely say this
Everything in that arc is there with a purpose - the setup was long and detailed on purpose, the matchups during the invasion were made with purpose, Meruem getting revived was done on purpose
You're a pleb and I won't be replying to you anymore

THE DARK TOURNAMENT PS2 GAME WASN'T THAT BAD.

Attached: 1562379170011.png (477x353, 271K)

>Only people who didn't understand it completely say this
What's there not to understand? It's a shounen manga, not a James Joyce novel.

>Everything in that arc is there with a purpose - the setup was long and detailed on purpose
The overabundance of characters, the pointlessly complicated power descriptions, and the glacial pace of that arc were definitely unnecessary.

I this idea a lot

I'm not You have said all of that and try to defend HxH, even if you are just downplaying Yu Yu Hakusho for no reason other than it's too "Generic" for you, listen up.
Generic might be something like Re:0 or Sword Art Online. YYH is great for the simple reason that even if you hide behind that it's a granpa shounen and started the tropes itself, atleast they are tropes that have weight. Toguro wasn't some Freezer Tier villain, nither was anyone else. They weren't evil space emperors who just happend to be the strongest being with the strongest genes and no martial arts. everyone had their doubts and minds behind their reasoning. No story is perfect, nither is HxH or YYH, but I'll take better the worst of YYH over the worst of HxH and I'll take even more the best of YYH over the best of HxH. I liked HxH for what it was, the journey of a young child in the world of hitmen and mercenaries to meet his father at first and then to whatever it was the end. YYH was the real deal, Yosuke died and now he has the possibility to see and interact with every part of the spiritual realm, the material was great from the start, and even if the twist that his blood was already tainted doesn't matter because even then, Yosuke shows that he still feels human and doesn't need demonic energy to kick Yomi's ass.

Attached: 1562845326546.gif (500x367, 1.53M)

Is this a joke? Greed Island had an interesting set of characters and mechanics that varied how the fights worked so they had a lot of strategy involved. It had a lot of the whimsy that made the manga interesting at the very beginning.
Ants was just power wankery with a bunch of villains that were unsympathetic monsters.

That's the point you stupid fucking zoomer. A good character is supposed to have flaws, that's what paves the way for good character development. Have some patience

He's just a badly written Joe basically.

>troll nitpick reply gets all the responses and discussion
And things were going so well.

Attached: Yukina and Botan are concerned.jpg (500x379, 20K)

This one is cool.

Attached: 1565465253603.png (456x330, 299K)

>doesn't matter because -proceeds to describe the aftermath of the asspull instead of describing why the asspull doesn't matter-
As expected from an almost literal retard

>He didn't read the spinoff manga
Shame anons.

Attached: spinoff.jpg (679x1000, 87K)

it's honestly better overall. urameshi isn't meant to be likeable entirely, he is sometimes and a bunch of the time he's an asshole, but he becomes less so. the anime doesn't hit its stride until the dark tournament honestly once their group has really gotten established and regular

>Unlikable asshole
>Dies saving a kid
Wow, you're a fag.

gon is more unlikeable than urameshi cause he's literally just eternal untapped potential that will never actually be realised because shit is long since done. also because he's a dumb child too much. and because the last arc didn't get an anime adaptation and never will, it's automatically losing points. hxh was carried by its supporting cast, having actual children be your main characters is always a bad call.

RUNNING IN A CROWD
IN A FACELESS TOWN

Attached: download.jpg (706x480, 36K)

>"Why yes, I DO consider the dub to be superior, how could you tell?"

Attached: 1564770028664.png (1240x1200, 515K)

The tournament arc was pretty meh.
You nerds hype it up way too much.
Literally EVERY fight was won with an asspull. At least the characters where likable

>The tournament arc was pretty meh.
Which one? The majority of the show is made up of tournament arcs.

HxH has two good arcs in over 140 episodes. Just read the manga to make it go by faster.

Shut up you B-cuck demon

MYEEEHHHHH YURAMESHIIIIII

Attached: MYEHHH!Yurameshi!.png (1280x800, 566K)

Dark

cope

That's called character development. He becomes very likeable later on.

>Retarded DBZ shit
>Before DBZ was even made

yuyu x hunter fighting game when??

Attached: a89b339be82b70ddd2af1e92ebb56174--crossover-anime-manga.jpg (575x600, 82K)