N64 was a miserable pile of shit

Fighting games were shit on the N64
>b-b-but Smash Brothers
Would be a 6/10 on a console with Tekken 3, and that god awful N64 controller was just not fit for fighters.

JRPGs were shit and nearly nonexistent on the N64
>b-b-but Paper Mario
Would be a 7/10 on a console with the FF trilogy, Chrono Cross, Xenogears, Breath of Fire 3 and 4, etc. Seriously, the amount of them is massive on PS1

SHMUPS were nonexistent on the N64
>B-b-but... uhm...
AHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAH OH MY GOD WHAT A PIECE OF SHIT - ONE OF THE MOST BASIC GENRES THAT EVEN THE SUPER NINTENDO COULD DO

If there's one place the N64 actually crushes it, it's FPSes. PS1 is abysmal when it comes to them. The fact that one of the best FPSes is a bad version of the N64 version of TWINE, then you know you got problems. Hell, FPSes on N64 make Dreamcast FPSes kinda embarrassed, they're that good.

Attached: n64 lq.jpg (1064x681, 25K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Fv7aGqyl2jw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Attached: 1560816982179.jpg (500x640, 66K)

I can tell you're seething

Attached: 1485574639155.jpg (578x600, 83K)

Cry about it

>the FF trilogy
外人さんウケるわwwwwww

I'm pretty sure we all agree most 3rd party games on 64 are garbage.

But yea, you seething.

>JRPGs were shit and nearly nonexistent on the N64
Reminder that Europe never got Super Mario RPG, Earthbound or even Chrono Trigger.

Attached: 1536696467392.jpg (404x521, 179K)

RIP my pal brothers and I hope they got to play them as adults because they're based

okay, retard

It had the best Wrestling game for a long time though. Even though it was one of those rare N64 games to use the d-pad like Mischief Makers

Attached: w.jpg (300x225, 12K)

what's the purpose of this post

It's the truth

Comparing the N64 to the greatest weeb machine in existence is not fair OP. The PS1 outclasses everything else in it's generation and it was the weakest!

FF7&9, Chrono Cross, Gran Turismo, Metal Gear Solid, Suikoden 2, Tekken 3, Ape Escape, Symphony of the Night so much i can't count the all it's ridiculous....i miss old sony, the Ps4 is shit. The Ps2 was the last great console in the existence of video games, now only the PC prevails and maybe the switch, it's games still have soul compared to the triple A garbage pushed out today. I hope that sony will one day return to what made them great again..that golden age of ps1&2.

sure, but we can play those types of games on playstation and dreamcast

>Fighting games were shit on the N64
t. Never played Deadly Arts or Dual Heroes

>Dual heroes

youtube.com/watch?v=Fv7aGqyl2jw

N64 and PS1 were both immense in the small top % of great games they had.

The only 4 really great games on the ps1 though were MGS, SotN, Tekken3 and Resident Evil

meanwhile in FPS, racing, platformers and action adventure, the N64 straight up slaughtered the PS1.

The PS1 is for the wannabe cool kids who were suckered by marketing. It's evident when you look at most people's PS1 library and see that SotN and Resident Evil are missing

Cry more

>if game was on a console with other games of the same genre they wouldn’t have been rated as high

Ok retard

>schumps
>basic genre
>not platformers and action-adventures
No one cares about your boring spaceship/waifu shooters that's main gameplay feature is cluttering the screen with shit
Now I'm gonna wait until you give me a legitimate Ps 3-D platformer that's better then SM64

>>not platformers and action-adventures

PS1 did those and Spyro 3 is just as good as anything on the N64.

B-but user, I thought criticizing anything about Ocarina of Time was forbidden

Nintendo was absolute bollocks at localising games during the SNES/N64 era for europe and they overpriced compared to the competition
and they wonder why Nintendo never cought on in Europe

This is flagrant flaming fanboyism
enjoyu your bannu

Attached: 1552724070184014.gif (444x250, 2.84M)