Is it better than unity? what is your experience with this

is it better than unity? what is your experience with this

Attached: 00-featured-godot-logo.jpg (750x330, 23K)

For one it doesn't require you to register or any shit like that.

It is better in some basic fundamental ways. It is still lacking in many important features which makes Unity still better to use overall.

Seems promising, but it needs some more work.
It's getting developed pretty quickly though, so perhaps it will pass Unity in a year?

For 2d probably yes.

Fuck unity

name 5 godot games that sold more than 10 copies outside of supportive family members of their autistic son

River City Girls

Unity is well-documented with industry support. This alone makes it easier to dev with than Godot.

It's better in the sense that it's roughly on par but you also don't have to learn C#

I don't see how it couldn't be since unity is literal retard garbage.

Unity is great but since it's easy to get into a lot of shitty devs are using it, bringing down the reputation.

Its already better only because it's FOSS. Also no royalties, you own everything about your game. No occlusion culling and sub-par optimization though.

That game is utter shit, but not because of the engine.

that was not made in godot retard

Unreal > unity >>> godot.

Attached: choosing an engine.png (3030x1436, 247K)

where's Love2D?

Really? That whole image and this is what you have a problem with?

never heard of it but I'll check it out

It's not great. The only thing great about it is how it demonstrates that even console hardware has advanced to the point that a generic engine running all game logic in a managed language with everything made in a WYSIWYG editor can actually run at 30fps+.
It's not that Unity has untapped reserves of awesome or is built by geniuses, rather the standards for what we'll accept as games has stayed at a 2010s level, leaving 2019 graphics to just a handful of big studios.

>it introduced a much easier workflow when creating games, allowing thousands to try their hands in creating games, many on whom would have never done so if you could only use c++and build your shit from scratch
>helped create various excellent indie titles
>games can be ported to all platforms instead of having to rewrite half the code, it works well
>unga bunga i-it's bad because it doesn't do muh photorealistic AAA garbage

Attached: soy77_0.jpg (199x253, 9K)

Thanks for agreeing that it's not capable of making the best of the hardware.

> the point of video games isn't to be entertaining, it's to PUSH THE LIMITS and USE THE FULL POWER OF MY 20K MACHINE
Thanks, gpu manufacturer paid shill

>direct x
kek, opengl for the win pls