Piracy has become an inherently racial problem

>piracy has become an inherently racial problem
Are we in agreement that if EGS was as functional as steam and didn't have ties to China, we'd welcome it as acceptable competition? I day 1 pirated Control and loving the fuck out of it, but will only buy it day 1 when it's out on steam next year. I simply do not trust the Chinese, so much so that I dont even eat any food product made there...

Attached: egs.jpg (380x520, 31K)

>using steam or egs

Attached: 1554146025873.png (976x658, 272K)

No. They're bringing console exclusive culture to PC, and must be opposed at all cost.

Valve bends the knee for China all the time, so this guy is right.

If the EGS were 're like steam, most people wouldn't give a damn and would take it like another store like discord or twitch

remember how after hulu and crunchy role got more popular netflix turned to shit? Ya same thing is gonna happen with steam

Competition exists to serve the consumer. Buying exclusives does consumers no favours. EGS is unwelcome competition.

>Are we in agreement that if EGS was as functional as steam and didn't have ties to China, we'd welcome it as acceptable competition?
Fuck no. Their exclusivity garbage and 'there can be only one!' mentality means that they would've still been shitted on

This

Save that exclusivity crap for Nintendo and Sony

exclusivity is cancer, doesnt matter if raptor jesus himself runs the site

>we
kill yourself

dude launcher wars rofl

>if EGS was as functional as steam and didn't have ties to China
that's only half of it.. the other half is them stealing titles from other platforms (like steam) and also them literally being sypware

>Are we in agreement that if EGS was as functional as steam and didn't have ties to China, we'd welcome it as acceptable competition?
No, for two reasons.

1. It's using exclusivity, which is console bullshit. I don't mind competition where you can pick between stores for the best deal. IE Steam vs GOG. I do mind "competition" where you're just forced to do business with one store if you want their games, that's the opposite of competition, that's a monopoly.

2. Tim Sweenie is a massive piece of shit in and of himself. I would not give money to a company that employs him and I'm definitely not giving money to a company that he owns. Chinks or no chinks, I want nothing to do with Epic Games as long as it belongs to or has any association with Tim Sweenie.

The premise of the EGS is anti-consumer so fuck Tim, Epic, Unreal engine and EGS

I have 13 years worth of games on Steam. The only thing that would ever get me to move to another launcher is if they gave me all those games.

If I can't have a game easily accessible in my already existing huge library, why would I do anything but pirate it?

>I have 13 years worth of games on Steam.
Same, not to mention friends/groups/etc. I know a bunch of my friends are using EGS for BL3 and I'd like to join them, but this shit is just too sketchy for me.
>"just pirate it fag"
Admittedly less sketchy than EGS but still too jank.

Attached: 1567831878290.jpg (217x266, 26K)

this
who the fuck gives a damn

If you're buying it on steam after playing it already, you've just proven to the devs that the epic store exclusivity works. They get paid by epic, then they also take your money anyway, albeit later. Tard.

>IF IT WAS FUNCTIONAL
Yeah, then nobody would care you fucking nigger chink faggot.
I don't wanna give my data to a shitsite that has constant security breaches just to access a store that doesn't even work properly.

Steam has effectively monopolized digital games distribution

There is no we.

How many qualifiers does Steam fulfill to be a monopoly?

Attached: 1548898689353.jpg (500x372, 55K)

>we
no

hulu is mega trash, wtf user?

This

We are in agreement that you're a dumb fucking faggot-ass retard and you should kill yourself immediately.

None

Barriers to Entry (but not really)
No close substitutes in terms of size.
That's about it.

came here to post this
they would be acceptable competition if they actually WERE competition, as in a game launches on both platforms and consumers pick where to buy it based on their individual merits
not paying off scumbag devs to fuck over their consumerbase, that's just stupid

They'd still get shat on after Metro deals, but the blowback won't be as big. To completely minimise the blowback, they should've had an improved platform, GOG-style installers, or deals with games not yet set to release on other storefronts

i think the biggest issue here is that to play videogames i need 5 usernames, 5 passwords, 5 TFA bullshit on my phone,5 different marketing email spamming my inbox, 5-way split friendlist with friends using different nicknames and avatars, 5 chat windows, 5 forums/game groups, 5 client installed, 5 cients running, 5 client updating, they each have their own bugs, issues and bullshit they pull, they each have their own very very shady ownership/privacy issues and i just can't spend mental energy to be updated on the new bullshit each of them is pulling.
and on top of that the best comunication tool is still discord, so make that a 6.

the best service would be to have 1 do-it-all client that interfaces to multiple stores, that each handle only payment, downloads, prices and wallet for their own store, everything going through the same client interface.Basically what GoG wants to do but can't do.The client could surive thanks to premium emotes, 1% referral fee on each purchase, offloading the most expensive features like streaming on the individual stores.not gonna happen anytime soon, so let's just keep pirating.

>REEEE CHINA

holy shit kys

/thread
There's a reason why consolefags defend them so much.

i completely agree with your point user

They're not trying to break up steam's "monopoly," they're trying to replace it with their own by any means necessary.
Disliking the Chinese ties also aren't necessarily racial, if steam fucks me over I can at least sue gaben's fatass.

Am i retarded ? Why cant i find ONE detroit become human torrent on piratebay ?

This, I'd rather buy 300$ drm locked hardware then allow competition on my platform, derp.

This. Regardless who does it, trying to consolize pc shall not be tolerated.

>Am i retarded
The answer is always yes.

>console exclusive culture to PC

It's just another launcher which you can get in 30 seconds. But well, steam is as good as dead anyway so it won't be long

Consoles are the consolization of pcs you fucking retard.

EGS thread?

Attached: ghost pussy.jpg (1024x576, 108K)

Too bad Denuvo fucked the pirate scene into submission.

>Every Arkham + Lego Batman game + DLC will release for free next week
>Court of Owls (now taken over by Rocksteady) announced as Epic Exclusive

Next week is going to be a shit week to not care about Marketplaces.

>was as functional as steam and didn't have ties to China
none of that is the problem retard its the disgusting exclusivity deal autism

I'm enjoying getting free games, haven't gave them a single cent.

Too bad Denuvo cripples every game it touches.

What is the actual issues with steam apart from "hurrr durr you dont own de games".

Seems like a very useful service so that I don't have to store hundreds of games in boxes.

But why cant i find one deteoit become human torrent ? Does the game need internet ?

This.
Let me add, one thing is to make your own launcher for the game (it still sucks but if you want to save money it makes sense), another one is to buy third parties

Git gud

people complaining are underage posters, pirates that never buy games and want easy to pirate games from gog, outrage gamer bs, console trolls

imagine thinking one greedy corporation is better than another. both shit just pirate

soon enough you will start buying games from there since you have a "decent library of games" on the EGS

No? Who gives a shit about that fucking retard, I already have 10 years worth of games on a launcher and don't need another one

If Epic didn't try to force me to buy games on their store by making them pointlessly exclusive, I would potentially buy games on their store.
That's not the case though, so for as long as Tim continues to pay the developers in advance for my copy of the game, I will continue to download his games for free.

If they didn't fucking pay off devs that really have no option besides accept and look like an asshole or don't accept and possibly never make a game again, sure.

Attached: superior anger.png (530x385, 90K)

Nah. I don't like exclusivity on PC because unlike consoles it's the same fucking machine, someone just paid money to keep it from me unless I bring the ball to their yard.
It's the same reason all the other company stores are shit ass.

>Price maker
Yes, they are the one that can demand certain amount of cut from devs and there was nothing they could do about it because they were the only storefront out there pretty much. Not anymore
>Barriers to entry
Yeah, only multi billion companies can even attempt to challenge them in storefronts buisness.
>Downward sloping demand curve
Does not apply there.
>No closue substitutes.
Does not apply there.
>Full control over supply
Yes, over 90% of pc games are steam and steam only and they have full control over the supply of keys.
>Firm is itself an industry
Well kind of, they used to be pretty much the storefront with over 90% of the third party games on pc. Not anymore, courtesy of epic

>perfect grammar
>capital letters
>proper punctuation
HIYA SHILL

fpbp

Attached: epicgames.webm (1259x992, 1.85M)