Dragon Age

What are your thoughts on the series?

Can it recover after Dragon Age III?

Attached: dragon-age-inquisition-sera-best-3.jpg (1920x1080, 418K)

I like Sera, she's my gay wife

>What are your thoughts on the series?
mostly just sorrow
>Can it recover after Dragon Age III?
not with the people they have

After we seen both andromeda & anthem, the answer is no. They put lootboxes in inquisition, and andromeda has all those fetch quests showing they didn't learn their lesson.

I am not going to play a game where 99% of it is shit, even if the 1% is good. As long as they keep trying to bloat the game with filler then I am not interested. If the new dragon age is open world then it's shit.

I miss the unique character origins and stories from the first game.

Dragon Age Origins is the only good Dragon Age

Cultural Marxism killed Dragon Age

It couldn't recover after Dragon Age 2

My only hope is that Bioware manages to die before they can shit on my hopes and dreams a third time.

Attached: 1520716251332.png (971x704, 39K)

The ending DLC was good, although the fact that it was a DLC probably means no. We'll see.

> la creatura

Attached: 1568313277263.jpg (400x225, 20K)

>Cultural Marxism
Controlled opposition dog-whistle. In the manifesto one of the first things Marx says needs to be destroyed is traditional cultures, so the correct term is simply "Marxism."

How good is the DLC for Dragon Age 1? Warden's Keep, the Shale one, Hunt for Morrigan, and all of Awakening?

>ugly jew elf

The in-human must be purged from our lands.

I thought it should have been dead after 2, but clearly I don’t know shit

Those plus Ostagar are the only essential ones. Maybe the Feastday gifts or whatever for easy party manipulation.

Origins was great but flawed, 2 was utter shit, Inquisition was better again but it was obvious it was a repurposed MMORPG and it had the first warning signs of the wrong kind of people taking over Bioware. All the relevant people who made it great are gone now.

I have no hopes whatsoever for anything that company shits out after Andromeda and Anthem.

Awakening is good and Shale is passable. Warden's Keep is a miss. Witch Hunt has the problem of having bad gameplay, but it's the only one with a story that actually got brought up in 3.

>>Can it recover after Dragon Age III?
It could, but not in BioWare's hands. Inquisition still had its moments but they just get worse each year.
A good first step would be abandoning the trash single player MMO format and going back to smaller hubs like DA:O

>It couldn't recover after Dragon Age 2
Playing DA2 as a qt lesbian saracstic femhawke is some of the most fun I've had. Fite me.

>Inquisition better than 2
This has got to be one of the worst takes on this board. 2 is a bad game, but Inquisition is a garbage heap.

This so much, i have no idea why this shitty board parrots this retarded opinion, DAI is iredeemable shit, DA2 was at least somewhat interesting.

Note the lack of mentions of build or even class used because the mechanics of the game are beyond just being bad. They're truly awful.

>people legitimately defending DAII
What the fuck? Are you brain damaged?

I blame resetrannies but frankly I don't put it above the natives either.

Attached: 9de.jpg (393x462, 47K)

It's one sperg, probably a shipper or some gay shit

An alarming amount of people have attachment to the fanfic tier DA2 cast.

So can you continue to play as a holy warrior of andraste, didnt play too much into the game but I liked pretending I was a holy warrior of god was pretty fun.

>Thoughts on the series
Origins was the last great thing made by Bioware and I miss it everyday, two was rushed trash with a decent cast at least and Inquisition was so bland and forgettable that I never think about it

Origins was the first game I ever played with nude mods.

more options at the pearl is still one of the better sex mods out there even with the ridiculous animations.

Inquisition is miles better than 2 and you're a dumb fag

Theres no hope.

Attached: dfvsdvsd.png (782x910, 637K)

Yeah it's fun? I played Origins way more but DA2 had its high points.
Hating DA2 is way more of a reddit bandwagon than not btw

>you when you know I'm right

Attached: 9ed-216-seething-song.png (745x1040, 1.7M)

>series
One game doesn't make a series.
Same for Mass Effect.

>reddit bandwagon
Holy shit, you are brain damaged. You’re dismissing the complaints about this embarrassment of a game as fucking reddit, as if this place wasn’t on fire for weeks when the review scores came out

>being on Yea Forums at 2k11 or whatever it was
lol whatever gramps

hahahaha
and a flop it is.

How did you guys feel about this part? Seemed pretty out of place for me.

Attached: King Cailan.jpg (1280x1024, 380K)

No shit DA2 was a shitty game. Defending DAI in any capacity though is inexcusable. Even when comparing the two DA2 still comes ahead.

Its marginally better than the dullest rpg of all time. Each attempt Obsidian makes to create their own universe rather than simply deconstruct a setting made by others, has been more disastrous than the last. Aside from the outdated gameplay and lifeless cities, Pillars of Eternity's only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of combat mechanics, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Sawyer vetoed the idea of making anything at all innovative or original; he made sure the game would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody, just ridiculously profitable nostalgia pandering to ageing Baldur's Gate fans. Pillars of Eternity might be anti-casual(or not), but it’s certainly the anti-Divinity series in its refusal of spontaneity, fun and excitement.

>a-at least the writing was good though

"No!"

The writing is dreadful; the narrative was terrible. As I played, I noticed that every time I engaged in dialogue with an NPC the game presented me with a Wiki-page style infodump instead of anything resembling actual human conversation.

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time this was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Sawyer's mind is so governed by obsession with pointless minutiae of the lore that he has no other style of writing.

Later I read a lavish, loving review of Pillars of Eternity by the same David Gaider. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kiddies are playing Obsidian games at 17 or 18, then when they get older they will go on to enjoy Dragon Age II." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you play "Pillars of Eternity" you are, in fact, trained to shill for Bioware.

Attached: img-pierce-brosnan_165321196698-750x1000.jpg (750x1000, 159K)

What did you guys think of Dragon Age Awakening?

pump & dump

Attached: 1531215105748.jpg (1920x1080, 703K)

Need to slap a censor on there user. Think of the advertisers. As for Cailan, it's aight. Cousland is the only way to play so he gets his burial.

Attached: BEGONE THOT.png (1000x1000, 345K)

I end up with the same assassin/duelist dual wield rogue build every time, it's insanely statisfying to play with it.

Origins was the only good game in this series. Everything else was shit.

>Manlet
>Bald
>Gyno
>No eyebrows
Big oof

Bioware has two major problems, right now. One is being mismanaged, which has led them to failure in many departments, including evolving in their craft as a studio, which is the most egregious thing they could do and the second is being left behind by the competition. Greedfall is a more focused, lower budget, yes still better game than either Inquisition, Andromeda or Anthem. Spiders is a 20-30 man studio made of frogs and a kurwa. They would, normally, have no business being close to the quality of a AAA studio, let alone school it. Other studios have left them so far behind, it's ridiculous. They can never hope to catch up to studios the likes of CDPR at this rate. Each time since DA2, they've pushed out a half baked product and wagered on being able to weather the storm by virtue of Bioware's name alone. And each time, they get shat on and each time they decide to do the same thing again. They don't have the luxury anymore, as each time they fucked up, the brand name lost that much more of its pull. And now it means nothing.

Why people pretend it's whatever (political agenda) when EA rushing low quality garbage was the actual reason that sent the series downhill, starting with DA2?

Is this a face mod?

>starting with DA2?
ME2*

Never played Inquisition
How bad is it compared to DA 2?
more cucked or less?

>cucked
more by a long shot.

Awakening was good
Agree, tho

DA2 was comfy sometimes and you could get a laugh every now and then, it was just a very lazy game
DA:I feels like a chore to play 90% of the time, with only 10% being interesting stuff

It actually is more cucked, the Inquisitor (player character) gets cucked by the Warden on a number of occasions.

DA2 felt like an alpha version but at least it was playable. DAI is fucked design wise. There are some good ideas in there but they are poorly implemented and buried under piles of uninspired tedious gameplay padding. And the cast was entirely forgettable. Final DLC tried to salvage things by putting story upfront and cutting back on tedium but it's not worth plowing through the main game for.

k. thanks for saving me 20 bucks
bought DA 2, not making the same mistake with DA:I
The series ended after Awakening as far as im concerned

could always pirate it if you get really curious but frankly I don't even see it as worth the bandwidth even if yours is unlimited. it's just that bad.

Good. I bought this shit on release. Can't even bring myself to properly play it, money wasted.

less cucked gameplaywise
more cucked everything else

As I said in the last thread, I just want to see if Merrill returns. The current main plot they've set up is perfect for her. Even better if a romanced Hawke is allowed to join her.

I never played this but were all the elves ugly like her, or was it just her?

Most NPCs are ugly, but she's intentionally so. I think she's supposed to have some kind of disability.

well I was wondering more about her in comparison with other elf girls.

Attached: 9358979f8eab4eb2580633a6b5ed7b37.jpg (564x830, 58K)

she actually has the best body out of all the elves in that game
they're all butterfaces, though

>Can it recover after Dragon Age III?
It was better than 2, so 4 could be better than 3
But it probably won't be because it's "Anthem with dragons"

What was his fucking problem?

Attached: Fenris_close.PNG.png (406x483, 219K)

Improves on DA2's gameplay.
Fucks up pretty much everything else.

>What are your thoughts on the series?
very meh to bad
the first one was merely okay with a few spots of good mixed in. The camera was awful and it came out during a crpg drought
massive cut down in mechanics compared to what came before

It comes to no surprise that that game died.

slavery without the WE part

Why did The Seven intend to breach the Golden City?

The name "Golden" doesn't tell you anything?

Because it was there. That's really the only excuse people need.

to get to the other side

I never understood if the Old Gods were supposed to be evil or not since The Seven were their High Priests.

2019.....you are forgotten......

A neat epilogue that teased future games.

It can recover, but Bioware can't make it recover because the whole studio has gone to shit a long time ago. So in practice, no. It would only recover under some completely different dev and entirely free of EA assrape.

you can still enjoy objectively shit games and movies user, it's not the end of the world

Hawke won't return, so a romanced Merrill is unlikely to return and even if she does, she won't be romanceable, just like Leliana in DA:I.

The only people who are not in need of dilating are simpletons who cannot (or do not know how) to actually follow plot and narrative. Inquisition is full of plot holes and narrative inconsistencies, but it is also full of "epic moments!"

Inquisition is like an Abrams movie: scenes are set up for what will be "cool" and without regard how it actually fits in to character motivations, previous events, or the plot as a whole.

With the shitty MMO type gameplay on top of that, Inquisition is a shiter of an RPG. It's easily worse than even the abomination that is DA2.

Epic contrarian oppinion bro

Guys her face gives me a raging boner everytime she shows up What is wrong with me? Idk there's just something about her.

The dwarf and gay wizard were the only companions that i actually liked.

How did you feel about Oghren?

Attached: Oghren_portrait.jpg (270x348, 15K)

maybe you're just into uggos?

Attached: 1544368313970.png (512x551, 592K)

Oh I wouldn't hope for her to be romanceable again. It'd be a neat option, but in my main timeline she's happily taken.

He based

Give ME Cassandra wife!

Attached: Cute Cassandra.jpg (512x512, 199K)

Based as fuck. In other words, the complete opposite of what you expect from a character in a modern bioware game.

He literally titgrabs Morrigan
That's a modern metoo moment

DA:O - 6,5
DA2 - 5
DA:I - 2

Expect DA4 to be a shitshow

Cringe

pretty sure this is the first time I've seen this character without grease on her face

I truly wonder what people like this think is a good game. Name one good RPG.

Inquisition is unremarkable but it's less of an assault on your senses than 2.

>He literally titgrabs Morrigan
When?

lol wut warden is dead mate.

I can't believe he got to fuck a Paragon

During banter, he pretends to stumple over a rock or something

No it's just her. I don't like uggos in general or anything.