Nothing will top clouds insanity

In terms of them adding better characters, yeah its been done several times. Nothing will top Banjo for me. But you can't deny that cloud was the most unlikely and sakurai killing addition that was and ever will be added. I think the only character that might top cloud is Scorpion, which I dont believe will happen but that's what we've said about nearly every character recently.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-09-12-13-09-02.png (960x540, 478K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cL-mR79GErU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I'm just glad SE has surpassed the Smash character model now. It was sad when Nintendo was doing a better job than the actual creators of the character.

Crono can top Cloud's reveal, easily.

I disagree with Scorpion. The only addition that was as close to cloud was when Snake was introduced in Brawl. Banjo is pretty insane that loads of people shot down because he's owned by microsoft.

The only character that can top cloud is if Sakurai ever added a non vidya character i.e Goku

>It was sad when Nintendo was doing a better job than the actual creators of the character.

Capcom still has to get around to that with Mega Man.

Snake was bigger and far more unlikely even if we got Sonic and Cloud before him, but we got him first.

Also Sans would probably if he were a real character here, considering how people reacted to the Mii outfit alone..

Which game? Certainly not with that pseudo realistic Advent Children like remake model

The only character that can top Cloud would be either Goku or Superman.

Okay, thanks for letting us know.

You both are zoomers as fuck. Sonic was as big as Cloud back in the day.

But yes the only one who can top that is goku

Cloud was a mistake. Now any literal who character unrelated to Nintendo can get in and the fanbase has gone full autism over it.

snake and cloud were the first insane additions. it's kind of hard to top the originals, since now you kind of expect crazy additions to the roster.

You seem fun. I bet you wanted Hat Goomba and Ashley.

No it can't because cloud is in already. Square characters are fair game now that squares babies are in.

Sonic showing up during JAPAN TIME was the mindbreak moment. Imagine all the 90s console wars finally coming to a conclusion, Mario vs Sonic in earnest.

This would be hilarious but it can never happen because muh console wars

Attached: kratoswp.jpg (1600x1200, 240K)

Sonic was always within the realm of possibility. Link got in soul calibur 2 so people knew Nintendo can do guest characters. But no one talks about that do they?

This. Nothing compares to Sonic. Cloud isn't even a blip on the radar compared to that.
Japan Time in general is the best smash has ever been and ever will be.

>two fighter spirits
>two fucking songs
>battlefield rehash
the best reveal, the worst inclusion
fuck the kikes at square enix

Sonic is great but getting him in smash was probably the easiest decision. Cloud was most likely a back breaker to get in and even bring back in ultimate.

Nothing will top Cloud because it's an apology. They were wrong about RPGs.
They were wrong about ignoring the benefits of CDs during the N64.
They were wrong to jilt square and third parties for so long, forcing them to go to Sony.

Now that all the old guard is dead or retired they can finally admit it.

If you take a closer look at DQ it's not much better.

There's 2 songs per game (most of which are shit) and no remixes. But there's jpgs and a few spirits this time I guess.

This man speaks the truth. I'm gonna say Sonic was the breaking of the dam that let the "Anything is possible" mindset let loose.

Remember when Sakurai asked Nomura for Cloud and Nomura sayd he expected him to ask for Lightning?

Rumour has it that Cloud was supposed to NOT reappear in ultimate, besides as DLC seperate from launch, as per Square maxi-jew. Sakurai said fuck that, and threw some muscle around and was able to pull it off, but he even expressed his frustrations at "Working with some third party companies about their inclusion in ultimate" around the same time.

I don't have any sources on this, but I'm sure if you look it up you'll find it.

>ask for Lightning
Fuck dude I think we dodged a bullet there. Could you imagine?

Sonic's inclusion didn't mean literally anyone could now make it in. That wasn't until Cloud and was broken completely by Joker. Even Snake at least had strong ties to Nintendo during the early days.

if Goku got in, the world would flip their shit

Sora could

If by insanity you mean retardation, then yes.

I could see that only if Donald and goofy were there. If its sora by himself it wouldn't be too ground breaking.

Whatever happened to Ashleyfags? Did the all commit sudoku?

shit taste bro

>Donald and goofy
Not a chance. Their retardation in the realm of vidya makes their live action adaptations look like the work of Stephen Hawking.

Just wait til they reveal Walter White

*Disney's, I mean.

How old are you? Don't you remember the Snake reveal in Brawl? That came out of nowhere. It was the first third party character, from a series mostly on PS and fro an M rated game. It had everything to make you think that it just wasnt possible. Once Snake happened everything was possible and not as surprising.
Nothing will surpass the Snake reveal.

I think I know someone who'd be equally hype

Attached: 1560444390163.jpg (460x619, 77K)

This. Goku is the only one left. But by the time it gets to that point, if it does, I will have long since lost any interest in these games.
I played Smash Bros so I could make Mario so long gay Bowser Link, not watch Leon call Doomguy small time. That deserves its own, separate game.

probably because it's not even remotely comparable.

NINTENDO!

youtube.com/watch?v=cL-mR79GErU

Attached: 1472432514808.gif (450x450, 292K)

Had Sega not crashed and burned out of the console market and remained a competitor I would have agreed with you user. Sonic's inclusion was incredible but became possible due to Segas and Nintendos buddying relationship. His history/rivalry with Mario along warranted the demand into a possibility long after the dreamcast died.
True had you asked someone back in the snes v genesis days you would have been laughed out of the room along with a "what's a smash bros?"
Sonic was pretty huge but nowhere near the colossal shock that snake was. Op is asking for the MOST unlikely and Snake was far more unlikely then sonic.

And now we're at the stage where Smash has grown into this "celebration of vidya" no vidya character can be shocking now. Characters like Doomguy and Masterchief are now being heavily debated as potential dlc picks. That is fucking insane and if either of them got announced before cloud, before snake then they would have been considered the most insane. But now with all the dlc picks, with the roster as big as it is. Op is right that no other vidya character can be as insane. The most insane have become the most accepted.

This is just sad

Monty's dead bro

I know but they can still reference that video in some small way during Master Chief's reveal trailer this December during the Video Game Awards

Not even baiting, but that doesn't hold a candle to Sans.
>popular and beloved modern character
>nobody ACTUALLY expected him his inclusion in any capacity (Cloud is honestly a no brainer with the FF7 remake coming out)
>comes with a fantastic remix by the creator himself

Attached: EDsCEJ3XsAAAi7W.jpg (1447x955, 109K)

Yiff in hell.

How am I a furry? Lol

This, the fact that fucking Snake of all characters was the first ever third party character in Smash is absolute lunacy.

Anybody who thinks there has been a reveal more surprising than Snake is wrong.

Attached: 1545256316403.png (248x323, 84K)

Sonic was big but his inclusion was hardly unexpected or ground breaking in itself due to Snake's reveal and Mario & Sonic Olympics.

I didn't see anybody give a shit. To be fair I didn't see the reveal for a day or two, but by then nobody was even talking about it.
He doesn't even compare to something like Joker who nobody expected or asked for.

Sonic was huge as the first third party. Snake wasn't even announced yet and shovelware like the Olympics games didn't make anyone think he'd be in Smash.

Sonic shocked absolutely nobody thanks to Nintendo revealing Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games just before his reveal. Hell, most people expected him long before that thanks to Snake's reveal.

Honestly, I don't think anything will ever top Snake's reveal just on the fact that Snake opened the door for all of those third party characters and put them on the table. Even when Cloud got in, most people didn't expect him because his game was never on a Nintendo system but he still was within the realm of possibility because he still at least had existed on Nintendo systems as cameos. It didn't matter that he was unlikely because people still already knew third party characters were possible thanks to Snake. Had Cloud shown up instead of Snake, it would have been a far more dramatic reveal than Snake, but Snake still took a lot of the wind out of those sails by just proving third party characters were even possible in the slightest.

Why bother to make a post so blatantly wrong? Snake was revealed as the first third party, long before Sonic and people were pretty much expecting both Sonic AND Mega-Man in Brawl due to Sakurai's "one or two more" comment.

Attached: really phazons your kaons.jpg (678x510, 64K)

You serious? People went mental over Sans.

I feel like in hindsight we have forgotten what pre-Ridley Ridley smash culture was like. Ridley seems like an easy to throw in obvious character now but back then people thought Goku had a better chance.

Yeah I looked it up. I was wrong. Could've sworn Sonic was revealed first, but I'm just retarded.

So mental they stopped talking about it after only a day or two?

If Goku gets in it's over, Smash becomes a clusterfuck with no identity. Unless it's a brand deal with Fighterz.

This is correct. First third party newcomer from an M rated series that found it's success on Sony consoles.

Literally any Nintendo character or character with close ties like Banjo is better than the shit Cloud enabled and will continue to enable.

Based. It's his turn