Why is anybody on this board excited for borderlands 3?

Loot shooters are not fun. Nobody is having fun with them. They are shooters with absolutely no level or encounter design at all. Just compare destiny to halo, it's fucking disgusting.

They rely entirely on leveling and looting systems to generate small dopamine releases and players grind through intentionally unfun gameplay to get to them. Enemies are intentionally unfun to fight because the skill required is just doing more damage from leveling up. They usually mask all of this shittiness with some kind of story but all destiny and borderlands have had absolutely abysmal garbage writing.

People who like them are braindead faggots.

Attached: 1488581449014.jpg (470x626, 46K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/OmeP1YkaeTo
youtu.be/BlZv9fEY_co
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It's viral marketing and newfags. Everyone hated Borderlands 2 here when it came out.

Calling shit "reddit" is overused on this board but this game's dialogue and characters seems like the definition of reddit humor to me

>Loot shooters are not fun. Nobody is having fun with them.
I enjoy them.
But I'm probably just gonna pirate BL2.

>BL2
hello grandpa

Why is anybody on this board excited about waifu games? Waifu games aren't fun. Nobody is having fun in thjem. It's just low IQ fap bait for incels who literally shouls have sex.

Destiny is good now, user

Destiny has never been good, and it isn't good now. The annual pass was a massive scam. Only addicted autists are playing it. It has no redeeming values.

Buying Borderlands 3 now is retarded because you should just wait for the GOTY or whatever bullshit with all the expansions and patches in a year or two.

nah, it's still dogshit mate
bungitards eat it up cause m..muh company

Yeah, or not. Look what happened to BL2. If you play it now and do any of the content on the first run, you'll get 1 XP from everything for the rest of the games and guns 15 levels below you. Playing them as it came out on the highest available NG+ difficulty was the way to do it.

>"stop liking what I dont like plebs"

looter shooters are shit, teenager

>I didn't even bother trying to think of something when my "KILL FOR BIG NUMBERS" game got criticized

>I'm offended that you criticized muh dick games haha

I didn't get into borderlands 1 or 2 but this one actually looks good, the character classes look interesting

Borderlands 3 have become the biggest marketing campaign since NMS.

DON'T YOU FORGET ABOUT MUH ALIENS.
PAY MY ALIEN SUPPORT, GEARBOX. PAY ME. YOU LEFT ACM HOMELESS AND BROKEN.

just look at Yea Forums and the sudden amount of "funny" guys unironically saying BADASS

i like division games. they are cathartic

Attached: 1567699129757.jpg (917x599, 57K)

I'll play it because I've got nothing else to play

I don't play shit games

>I'll play it because I've got nothing else to play
play literally anything else
watch a movie
walk around
watch tv
sleep

Because play Psycho was unironically one of the most fun experiances I had in a vidya.

both boredomlands and destiny are shit, people only forgive destiny because it's bungie, unlike gearbox which the majority hate

i bet you have a massive backlog you shitter
or replay a classic
or do what said

you fucking shitter

I still play Destiny regularly and the raids are legitimately some of the best content Bungie has ever made.

good slave
it's not like you have the entire library of video game history to play besides this shit.

Turn off your brain and have some fun, ok.

listen i know gearbox/activision hang out here, randy has accidentally revealed himself on this board enough times for that to be obvious.

OP, the reason people shouldn't support the game has nothing to do with the fucking genre or its gameplay.

flat out, it's because you shouldn't be giving gearbox money. they are one of the sleaziest, most suspicious companies in gaming and their last, what, FIVE major releases after BL2 were all TERRIBLE. the ONLY reason borderlands survived was because between 2 and 3, telltale made TFTB which gave people an actual investment in actual characters that the awful writing of BL itself is entirely incapable of.

and since then, gearbox has done so much scuzzbag shit, DNF debacle, shitting Battleborne onto the world and then flouncing here when it failed to distract anyone from OW.

i dunno if anyone remembers but there was a thread here on Yea Forums after BB flopped, where Randy or some GB employee accidentally said "we" instead of "gearbox" (outing themselves as a shill) when ranting about how OW was supposed to come out several months after BB, not right before. This apparently made GB immensely butthurt as randy was on twitter 24/7 insecurely promoting a nonexistent rivalry with Overwatch.

>people only forgive destiny because it's bungie
>bungie
it's dead, torn apart by activision

gameplay to me is very fucking dated at this point
game looks and plays like shit

Loot shooters are not automatically bad, they just aren't executed well most of the time
Borderlands sucks and gearbox is a shit dev, but getting stronger gear and upgrades is fun

I could use the same argument for every sports game, racing game, and fighting game. What is skill in those? Tapping a button or turning at an angle slightly differently or tapping buttons but in a specific order? We could train a computer to beat all 3 types far more efficiently than a looter shooter. But really when you get down to it, all game types lack skill. Because mashing buttons isn't a fucking skill.

I seriously have no backlog, recommend me some other good games then por favor

>Nobody is having fun

Maybe you aren’t, op.

Why don’t you go outside bud?

Looter Shooters are only gun if are playing by yourself, or have a full crew of people that are available at all times to play with eachother.

I never really liked Borderlands, but the series loses it's appeal completely when you and everyone you play with have schedules that match up only twice a week.

So what even counts as skill? You could use the same trivialization techniques for any game ever made
>X requires no skill
>it’s just pressing buttons at the right time in the right order

Better than playing borderlands 3

Why are loot & shoot games so mediocre? Virtually every other genre has plenty of genuinely great games. Is this genre just doomed to mediocrity?

Because it's another game pushing SJW tranny shit.

RIP West

>tranny shit.
What?

Instead of doing what bioware did with Legion and not giving a shit which pronouns you used for the collective of robot intelligences that comprise that character, the BL3 forum bans people for being oppressive when they use any pronoun for the collective intelligences that comprise FL4K other than “they/them”

Sure thing man, I think you’re just burned out. Just go take a nice hike, maybe barbecue with your family.

Not even "it"?

take a long walk off a short pier, you passive-aggressive cunt

Absolutely seething

Attached: 1565941656517.gif (207x207, 1.37M)

>Just compare destiny to halo, it's fucking disgusting.
>implying halo had good level design ever
Maybe on day you will be smart enough for a conversation.

That’s dehumanizing, you need to be more progressive to consume that company’s very progressive games with very progressive values

>got mad
Nigga literally go outside.

I'll play it if denuvo is cracked. Meanwhile, i'll play other games.

I'm not falling for it, somethings fishy. Either way if people are gullible enough to buy into BL3 marketing, they deserve loosing their money and being treated with a mediocre game and terrible writing.

The reason why I'm suspicious is because prior to BL3 announcement, most people here would trash BL in most cases. But now suddenly it's the best game ever and there are non-stop threads about it. And as soon as someone says anything negative about it, they'd almost always get attacked.

>mock the nature of microtransactions in a game
>when the game has microtransactions itself
Hilarious.

How do you know I'm not going to have fun? I understand giving your opinion on why you don't like it, but why do you expect everyone to collectively agree with you? Especially the part of "People who like them are braindead faggots." It sounds like you have an internal problem.

Fucking stupid faggots

Its a new release vidya. Its new and I must consume. Why is that a bad thing? I have the money, I am a consumer. This product has been pre-ordered, paid for and about to be consumed in its entirety. Nothing you can say will change this OP.

CONSUME BADASS

>liking "big numbers go up"
play with a calculator

I trash it because the writing and art is god awful 99% of the time. But I still play the games because they are fun to play.

remove the writing and art and it's basically a looter shooter with classes

how about you take that advice and fuck off to where you came from

>it's basically a looter shooter with classes
Yeah, that wacky addition of classes to the looter shooter genre.

Absolutely fapping, meme reaction.webm

You didn't answer my question though.

I honestly dont see a flaw in this post. I got baited into buying Borderlands 1 but all I got was a dank purp treadmill with guns and shitty artwork.

it's shills, bruh

Attached: 1472794582130s.jpg (193x250, 10K)

Maybe it's because your brain was replaced by a tape recorder of Randy saying BADASS over and over again so there's no point to answering your question.

I like Borderlands BECAUSE it's a braindead looter shooter where I can collect shiny weapons and see big numbers pop up. That's the entire schtick of games like Diablo too.
Not that I think BL is a good game, but sometimes I just want to unwind and turn my brain off for a while. Which is the moment I start playing games like BL or Diablo.

Go outside, have a beer and interact with somebody. I promise it will make you feel better about yourself

Well... Yes?

Borderlands is still shit though.

>Destiny is good now

Attached: 98234656.gif (390x364, 891K)

stop trying to psychoanalyze people and go back to your twitter, randy pitchford

Or you can stop acting like a coward and answer my question.

If you want to watch numbers play Panzer Dragoon Saga.

Imagine the smell.

Unironically based truth

Randy please

I totally agree. The reddit shit is an overblown meme and has been for years, but there is no game more reddit than borderlands.

The "fun" you have is a manufactured desire to see the pretty colors and the numbers go up as you get the best weapons not unlike when you get good loot in an MMORPG.

There’s a flower shop down the street. It’s nice out today bro, just put some shoes on and take a walk. But you’re lady some flowers. Call your mom and tell her she’s a nice lady.

BADASS

That literally sounds any type of game you're poorly describing.

>Racing games are just a manufactured desire to see pretty colors on cars and the numbers go up as you get the best cars
>Fighting games are just a manufactured desire to play as characters with pretty colors on their customers and the numbers go up as you get the best points

Do you actually play any games at all? What do you think a game is supposed to do for you? I'm intrigued to know how jaded you really are.

>LILITH DIES MAYA DIES TANNIS BECOMES A SIREN ENDBOSS IS ONE OF THE TWO TWINS MERGED WITH THE DESTROYER
LILITH DIES MAYA DIES TANNIS BECOMES A SIREN ENDBOSS IS ONE OF THE TWO TWINS MERGED WITH THE DESTROYER
>LILITH DIES MAYA DIES TANNIS BECOMES A SIREN ENDBOSS IS ONE OF THE TWO TWINS MERGED WITH THE DESTROYER
LILITH DIES MAYA DIES TANNIS BECOMES A SIREN ENDBOSS IS ONE OF THE TWO TWINS MERGED WITH THE DESTROYER

FUCK YOU RANDY
AND FUCK GEARBOX
FUCK NIGGERS AND JANNIES TOO

You can say this about any game you dont like.

Is it still a loot shooter?

absolute mad lad!

>I'll spend $60 and have a few hours of fun because I have nothing else to play

nigger, i can link you to 40 different emulators with 1,000+ roms

I can send you freeware games, shitty mobile games, literally ANYTHING without paying a dime, you aren't playing this to have fun, you're playing to stay "hip" and "current" to fit in with people who don't give a rat's ass about you.

If you aren't having fun, throwing money at the situation isn't going to help anything, play something other than what's on the front page of kotaku you goddamn slave

I sorta liked BL1 just because I felt like it did the comedy right. But also because the Siren had real mobility and skill ceiling options to a degree compared to the rest. Otherwise I agree 100% on all of this might even retrospectively agree on it for BL1 as well. I know when I fought the giant worm boss in the last DLC alone I felt this way it felt intentionally skill less and cheesy designed for some fake hype 4 man fight.

Halo 1, 2, and 3 had multiple levels with incredible level design.

Go for a walk. You sound just as pathetic as the people shilling here.

Make an argument. Almost all things can be argued to be decent in some light. But gameplay wise unless you want to admit you want instant gratification like a faggot you cannot paint loot shoot gameplay well.

You automatically admitted you're bad at video games if you think fighting games lack skill. Jesus Christ this board of insecure retards that name drop a genre they couldn't learn.

Loot shooters have all but exposed that Diablo was always shit too. Rumors are that Diablo 4 is going to be a fantasy themed loot shooter and everyone is going to realize immediately how bad the whole loot genre is.

All videogames are pointless dopamine releases you dingus.

how about you eat my ass, this is why the lalelulilo exists in the first place, to cull dumb fags like you keeping the gene pool down

Attached: EoOeV[1].png (379x337, 93K)

Hey guys remember how borderlands looked before randy found codehunters, yeah it was generic as fuck.
youtu.be/OmeP1YkaeTo
youtu.be/BlZv9fEY_co

borderlands is the worst game series

Diablo 1 was basically a horror RPG. I wouldn't classify it as a loot game.

undertale

No. Some games are genuinely designed to be fun and not loop into the same addictive psychology as gambling. There's a difference in the way your brain processes fun that comes from complex interactions, skill based outcomes, good artistic design , etc and the way it processes shallow dopamine releases like gambling and loot.

Do you literally have a way to sugarcoat loot and shoot games?
>Fighting games are just a manufactured desire to play as characters with pretty colors on their customers and the numbers go up as you get the best points
The fuck are you even talking about

not him, but in theory you could strip all the graphics of the game until it's hitboxes.

and while games do emphasize neutral and whiff punishing if you're a machine you can just grind out optimal combos and just try to land those repeatedly turning the game into a personal grind to a limiting point as opposed to on the fly chess.

Just a guess if that's what the user meant

Go choke on a dick if you're so offended by people being angry.

Attached: Goro-evil_smile.png (512x512, 104K)

>and while games do emphasize neutral and whiff punishing if you're a machine you can just grind out optimal combos and just try to land those repeatedly turning the game into a personal grind to a limiting point as opposed to on the fly chess.
Loot and shoot games are exactly that, just get the most optimal shit and and being like a machine is how you beat loot and shoot.
This doesn't fit racing and fighting because the computer isn't who you're fightung against most of the time

How about you stop fighting against the cpu in racing and fighting games

Then just fucking play literally nothing and spend your would-be Borderlands time shitposting here like the rest of us.