Underrail

Where's the Underrail thread?
And more importantly, where do I find GRAPHITE?

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 35K)

Other urls found in this thread:

underrail.com/forums/index.php?topic=1304.0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Play as a hammer wizard

No, is sniper build worth it though?

I stsrted the dude quest and got stuck in the first seconds of it, I don't have 100 lockpick, where the fuck is the safe's key?

Youre asking the designated meleefag of these parts, never used guns
I dont know, can you use a sniper rifle as a club?

should I tell old rat man to fuck off in the first quest or it makes no difference whether he's there or not

Why is this game so shit?

This game makes me feel like a brainlet. 30 hours in and none of my characters can make it past the junkyard. The only one that got close was the psi guy.

Heres my first blind play-through character. I know the STR 4 is bad, but I learned too late.

Going for a STALKER-esque build, with stealth, guns, traps and crafting as my main focuses. I'm doing ok through depot A, mostly stealth to make a trap maze, then placing them on patrol routes. Fights typically start when a dog wanders over a bear trap.

Is this a legitimate way to play? I'm not struggling with fights I prepare for well, but it almost seems cheesy when I almost never fire my SMG because they die on a wall of bear traps, or to dogs walking over frag mines right next to them

Attached: underrail_character.jpg (1920x1080, 407K)

>And more importantly, where do I find GRAPHITE?

Have you checked the pencils?

I cheated my character to be good at everything
fite me

Kill him.

>Install cheat engine
>Hotkey speedhack 10x speed
>Game becomes 100% more enjoyable
FUCK crpg devs who don't include a speedup button, especially with the gank ass vendor system. If I have to back track just to sell the 5 guns I looted, it shouldn't take 10 minutes of just walking through empty rooms. A fast travel system through known areas would work as well.

>FUCK crpg devs who don't include a speedup button
There is one though.
>A fast travel system through known areas would work as well.
There is also a fast travel system.

user... they do have a speed up button.

>press + bunch of times
>?????
>PROFIT

I mean, it's not like it's going to help you in Deep Caverns.

>There is also a fast travel system.
Where? How?

I don't have a numpad ok

Attached: corsair_keyboard.jpg (1024x683, 109K)

Is expertise a noob trap? I feel like by the time your level is higher, an extra 10 dmg doesn't really matter.

So, what's the deal with Abram? I'm thinking of planting the bug and getting the money but then fucking him over completely, playing both sides basically.

Or can I give the bug away to the Lieutenant and just progress Abram's storyline as per normal? The lieutenant said he was listening in, so I dunno.

Attached: 1538690262409.jpg (640x360, 35K)

playing that way is fine but your build is pretty questionable

It should be good for burst fire

Dudes quest. Second one.
Do you burst as your main source of damage? Do you like being a spec ops smg lad or a AR motherfucker? Then you seriously get some mileage off of it as shit goes on.
Ill advise you this. Dont be fucking stupid and help him. Its worth it, dont be a dumbfuck.

its good on builds where you attack a lot of times per round. like burst builds or other low AP per attack builds

What's wrong with it? I feel like disassemble is not very useful, and I could drop a point in strength, but the rest looks fine to me. I had to go a few points in chem/bio/tailoring to make grenades and mines.

Versatility is trash, you should always be using your best weapon anyways. Could have got aimed shot, or some other defensive feat

no, melee brainlet, rifle is not a club

>Siding with the protectorate
>Ever
Don't be a zoner and help Abram out.

use traps. I just passed Depot A with my chem/laser pistol character. I have no points in trqps buy took a ton of bear traps and used them for crowd control on the mutated dogs.

Bottom right doesn't show up when you press tab

So, I want to a spear/psionic build without fucking my other stats. However, I realize that early on my build is going to be rather weak, but I'm alright with that, seeing as how I personally don't want to be wrecking everything right out of the gate. I'm thinking at level 1 character creation:

STATS
STR 6
DEX 5
AGIL 5
CON 8
WILL 6
INT 5

SKILLS
Throwing 10
Melee 15 (17)
Lockpicking 10 (12)
Hacking 10
Traps 10 (12)
Mechanics 10
Chemistry 15 (16)
Biology 10 (12)
Tailoring 10
Thought Control 10 (11)
Psychokinesis 6 (8)

I figured I would rush chemistry and tailoring so I can start mass producing molotovs. Some mechanics for bear traps and caltrops as well.

FEATS
Opportunist
Condition
Psi Empathy (obviously after character creation but still gained at level 1)

Next level I'll either get Sure Step or Fast Metabolism.

At level 4, I'll probably put my extra point into CON or STR and then take spear throw.

Here's the build link for those who wanna look it up.
BAcFBQgFBgUAGQAeAAAADw8ADxQKHgoKHh4AAAAAAAgmK1DCld-_

Thoughts? This is on normal; I wanna try it out the way it was intended and to complete the story.

Why is the Expedition theme on the Main Menu so godlike? I'm surprised as to why no one talks about the music in these threads more often. It's comfy.

is there a chracter build tool that includes weapons?

ive ran a build very similar to yours
paranoia, disassemble, and versatility aren't really great feats for your build, so that's three perks down the drain. You can maybe get away with it because stealthy smg builds arent too heavy on feats
i dont recommend going for evasion or dodge unless you're going all into sneaking around. not leveling hacking is not a great idea
your point distribution isn't very consistent. there are certain thresholds for skills for when you would want to stop leveling them, but you haven't reached that quite yet. you want to dedicate to a plan and not choose feats and allocate points half-hazardly
stats, you may wish to go all into dexterity if you plan on using smgs the most, and going lighter on other stats unless you need them for feats. always look up all the feats you may choose and make sure you'll have the stats for them

just posting a load of random tips for new players since we're getting so many of them
>check the wiki before asking questions
>your character does not need to be optimized on normal mode
>jack of all trades doesnt work, specialize towards one thing
>4 of an attribute is useless
>dont take snooping
>oddity is a unique experience for a first playthrough
>choose between high con or high initiative or you'll be reloading constantly
>quicksave often
>make a manual save before level ups and major quests in case you make a mistake
>you can improve loading times by turning off autosave on transitions
>you can hold shift or control to access 2 more hotbars
>you can speed up the game with the + and - keys
>merchants restock every 90 minutes
>sprint works outside of combat
>bear traps are broken and require 0 skill points to use
>rush 20 chemistry, 10 tailoring to craft molotov cocktails
>you can craft and recycle leather armour to get the dirty rags needed to make them
>bear traps + caltrops + incendiary grenades are the holy trinity for trivializing difficult encounters
>abuse chokepoints whenever possible
>you can shut yourself behind doors to end fights vs animals and robots
>carry a lifting belt for +30 carry capacity when you get overencumbered

Attached: 1567782694645.jpg (246x250, 14K)

so how viable is unarmed build without psychokinesis ?

It's insane that a 4 year old, relatively unpopular/underrated/undiscovered RPG is making rounds again because of one retard on youtube.

Dislike him or not, he's the reason the game went on sale and blew up. Although, at the same time, no one discusses this game other than on Yea Forums. The subreddit for this game is pathetic.

So overall, nothing changed, other than going on sale.

Piss and shit. If you're not running a tin can, you're going to become swiss cheese because force field is god tier.

Is not like this is underheard of, sseth did the same thing to ss13 (Although it was hardly as dead as this game), starsector, kenshi, and I'm sure tons more.

Attached: ss3d_Ragdoll.gif (528x242, 1.47M)

Stay in reddit.

perfectly viable, 3 str max dex decent con is legit, especialy if later you get 4 str and wield the powerfist, taste for blood with Rippers, normal game mostly with The Claw. Dont be a pussy.
The expedition DLC already had come up and we had discussion for atleast a month, sseth being around is good for the games financial health but who the fuck even remotely cares about reddit. Throw yourself off the railings.

Are they evil or something? I like military assholes.

RPG Codex likes it too

Play as smg spec ops

Attached: depositphotos_65832321-stock-photo-spec-ops-police-officer-swat.jpg (1023x682, 75K)

Just fucking aid Adam, aight?

I fucking hate cave hoppers

>all those 6s and 5s
No. Stop
Your build is trash, just from the stats. DO NOT SPREAD YOURSELF THIN. Unless you want to have a bad time bump the useful stats and get the useless to 3.

Look, even if you want to be a tin can Abram is one of the very few NPCs which you do not want to fuck over, so you do what he says, and then you do it again, and again, and when you meet him later in Core City you do it again and again and shut the fuck up.
He's playing on Normal, that build is fine for normal.

is it possible to switch core city factions once you've signed up and done a few quests? haven't done the arena or gotten to talk to the oligarchs yet.

failing that, does anyone other than coretech's merch reliably sell high quality energy edge emitters? I went praetorian sec for RP memes but I really want a good lazer spear.

So it's fine to have most of the stats at 5/6 on first normal walkthrough?

So... How's this project going??

Where can I learn about builds without spoiling this? I played a couple years ago to the core city but my build was such garbage that it was like pulling teeth and I was basically emptying the contents of my pockets while farting and crying to claw my way to victory.

What's the do's and don'ts of how to build competently? I'm a brainlet so go slow for me. ty

(love this game btw)

no

Kinda, but you will make it needlessly harder for yourself. If you don't use psi dump will to 3, if you don't craft dump int to 3 etc

fugg
live by the RP die by the RP

to the first question i meant

You can get energy edge emitters from Constantine or other vendors if you have high enough mercantile, the Coretech shop is the best one because it always stocks them but it's not necessary.

making your own build in this game isnt very complex. just min/max and specialize. plan out a path of feats you will take. make sure you have the stats for them. weigh if the feat is actually worth it or not. or just look up a build on YouTube. you should get results from just googling them

It died years ago

Attached: ss_14_dark_med.webm (816x510, 2.74M)

pick one or two ways to kill enemies and dump all your skill points into them. pick the feats that have to do with those ways. put points into the stats that go with those ways. put leftover skillpoints into things you think might be useful.

do not spread yourself thin trying to half-ass a lot of things. specialize.

and if it feels like it's not working, try another build.

also dont double space lines on this site or the autists will get mad at you

>All those middling stats
Into the trash

Thanks. I know I could look up some YT build but I feel like that's painting by the numbers in a game that gives you tons of freedom, so I want to do it myself but with guidelines to not fuck up.

My last attempt I ended up using smgs with agility, using crit melee knives on the side, and every fight I'd have to throw like 50 grenades and lay a billion shitty traps to get victory to happen.

I remember I had some kind of knife that let me keep stabbing over and over in one turn, but I got fucked after core city.

That was memed to catch redditors out. People always double spaced on here for readability/out of habit from old forums, you can look through the archives.

This quest was a nightmare playing glass cannon stealth psi with no hacking/lockpicking. Finally managed it by abusing psi wall and just barely being able to restealth in the corner.

It's bullshit that the entire base becomes hostile if you kill one guy and you're not spotted/no alarm sound and you're in disguise.

Attached: grey.jpg (1024x768, 193K)

never actually got to Oculus because I kept restarting, do I have to sell out the Protectorate to get access to Constantine? trying to RP a goodboi army man and while I think Abram's questline is still open I don't really wanna have to do it.

I found people get more peeved at perceived phoneposters due to correct apostrophes and capitalization thanks to autocorrect. Reddit's just a meme thanks to /pol/posting on any subject related to females.

Hey hey people

>do I have to sell out the Protectorate to get access to Constantine?
Yes.
>while I think Abram's questline is still open I don't really wanna have to do it.
Your choice.

yes you do. you can complete the quests and still side with the protectorate. ive done it before

Eh, I just finished outposts quest and making deliver the package. I guess there is no respec option?

I beat the game with an ar hybrid with 6s in everything except con, which I dumped to 4

I think he should dump con a bit if he has psi he'll win no matter what

Don't post unless you're actually going to contribute or discuss the game

Hey hey people i do what i want

Are you going to use ars, you should have a general idea what build you want to use, ars are pretty good for jack of all trades type characters because you don't need to max a stat for them to be good

Why are sseth fans so cringe? They did the same shit with ss13. They swarm a game, demand it caters to their casual spastic mindset, then claim they "saved" the game after playing it for a month.

Attached: ss13_table_wall.png (951x951, 364K)

Hey hey triggered people

Don't acknowledge them when they just spout 12 year old shit.
The ones that actually play and discuss the game do, the ones that post meaningless parroted shit are off-topic

Attached: 1565663871168.png (377x720, 302K)

Huh. I started to play it few days ago (Sseth kinda made me pull the trigger on it). Depot was not as hard as people meme it to be - I mean I had to do few tries for each larger fight but it ended up ok. It forced me to finally start using Bear Traps to cockblock mutants with doggos.
Now I can either do the Railway Crossing or Core City. Faceless kinda rape my face. I'll have to figure out what to do. I'm shooty tooty guy with no psi nor stealth. I built my char to use shotguns but game doesn't give you any shotguns except shoddy one. I just crafted first non-shit shotgun and I'll see. Until now I used AR/SMG/Snipe.
I was not redpilled so my char has over 300 health. Healing in this game is shit though.
Also jesus, those muggers rape my face far harder than any other enemy. Crippling Strike is retarded.

Dunno, I just got smg from watch quest. I was thinking of using normal firearms

Hey hey buttblasted boi

double fug
guess I'll do what I gotta do, energy spear is worth a couple dozen lives I suppose.

yeah, just have a side arm for when shit hits the fan
if you go guns, you gonna need more str, most weapons have higher reqs.
you dont really need con or agi as stealth gunners, you just need str/dex and per, if you are going stealth that is. if no stealth, con is useful.
int 7 is fine for crafts. throw up to 40 is enough for the entire game, traps maybe up to 50-60 is also enough for the entire game.
chem/bio if you go chem weapons, otherwise you are wasting points. if you dont go bio, invest in electronics and craft your own 2k shield
dodge and evasion are only useful if you stack them to insane numbers with gear and consumables, otherwise dont bother.
social are optional, jew points open some hidden vendor gear but thats it.

also, the game tends to penalize jack of all trades builds, so versatility is a trap

viable, but if you go unarmed you are going to have spare points to distribute, so having some kind of psi, even if its not your main focus, can be handy.
3str and max dex and get the claw.

you hate bunnies?

Why is there a sudden interest in underrail?

is it fun? how well does it spec into intimidation feats?

Hey hey people

>fighting Faceless ever
For what purpose?

can you be swordsman in this game?

Attached: jack.jpg (1280x720, 99K)

Smgs can get more bursts due to dexterity reducing ap costs, also a handy perk called spec ops will turn your burst ap cost to 200% instead of 300%

Ars have better range and damage though so if you have good strength and average dexterity they could be better, it comes down to perk choice

Most of the relevant perk choices are 7 in an attribute from what I remember so it comes down to your preference

Dev paid sseth to review

Nobody will die because of a surveillance burrower spawn, pipeworker.
Just fucking do it and become an Oculite already, there's literally nothing to lose even if you want to be Melek's personal shoe polisher.

>i beat the game on easy with an hybrid build

you dont fight the faceless. the entire game constantly warn you about avoiding them because they rape. all crafted guns will always be better than anything you find in the game (except a few -2 or 3- unique weapons).
remember to use your inventory, nades and traps and nets are your friends.

Because they are edgy and try to shoot you on sight

Hey hey people

You can be a literal trenchcoat wearing, laser katana weeaboo.
No fedora though.

expansion came out and there's been a thread up on Yea Forums since then.

Normal bud and with some minor improvements I could beat it on hard, probably don't even need improvements with meta knowledge

yes

there have been many underrail threads as of late but sseths vid just made the whole community, all 20 of them grow to over 10,000

>sudden
game was released 4 years ago and got somewhat of a following, the game was very good . the expansion got released a few months ago and its a legit good expansion of the game.
yeah, though most feats for swords are meh, or so ive been told by other anons.

>burst
Tried it on the stalkers and rathounds, pretty good compare to .44 pistol

You can massacre people with machetes and later on an actual fucking laser katana. No joke.

Its surprisingly effective.

>edgy
They have autism
>try to shoot you on sight
Only the robot turrets in rail crossing

Hey hey people

at which point do you get the laser sword? can you start with a machete till you get it?

alright nigglets most fun build and why.

Attached: 1564015150502.webm (720x720, 825K)

hard mode is not that hard either. not trying to trash talk you, the game, except for domination, is not really difficult once you figure out some basics. domination is difficult because of the stupid amount of mobs thrown at you from the start, but once you get to manage to lvl up, it stops being that stupid and becomes tedious yet manageable

Later on in the game, depending on how fast you complete the expansion.
>can you start with a machete till you get it?
Sure, you can also make a laser/electric machete if you so like.

end of expedition, sadly

>Press + to speed up the game to max
its like 1.5x faster, barely a difference
REEE

warcrimes build

Hey hey people

>no reason as to why
into the trash

scientist build, make a lot of different shit and throw it / shoot it at the enemy. chemical pistols are really fucking strong and fun imo

Chemical pistols.

It is fun. Because of its run and gun nature and the build's fragility it forces you to think and use terrain to your advantage. The main problem with it is that until you get to lvl 8 and finally grab the spec ops feat it can be really difficult.

Kinda meh when it comes to feats. While yell could be very useful, because it can make you not die to the 2nd enemy attack, brutality is useless, since you will not be doing any melee.

And the mentally ill should be rounded up in death camps

All the faceless at rail crossing shot me on sight, they mad gay, even after I helped them at foundry commander beep boop determined that I was human scum even after coming to his ramshackle shit camp to help him

Kill all faceless

I was all in on tchort until styg forced me to play the game his way with infinite respawning cheat codes

What do you want to see for the next expansion?

You can get it as soon as you start expedition actually.
Lrn2Gas

use cheat engine

What's the go-to energy pistol build? I've gotten to depot A, but my build feels faily limited and bad, thinking about re-rolling.

I don't know how to

Killing him the proper way is a lot better and you miss on the surprise.

underrail 2

Just use smgs early game until you can get crit feats, bruh

10 INT 10 PER, High Technicalities, Practical Physicist, Power Management, Recklessness, Aimed Shot and Critical power are the bare minimum for a functional energy pistol build.

The surprise only works once, on any other run I just want to actually use that sword.

>playing undertale for the first time
>take bret's quest
>struggle a lot with no throwing skill constantly missing with the fucking net
>fumbling around with traps takes too much time
>suddenly realise I can just initiate combat and use crate on hopper, catching it with almost 100% probability

>using exothermic aura in the arena means that it wears off during the announcer's cutscene and you start melting in your own lake of fire
fucking yikarooney, that would've been an embarrassing death.

huh, it never occurred to me to check if the guy spwns as soon as the expedition starts. cool.
cyborg shit and bigger explosions. maaaaybe a buff to uniques, its a shame they are mostly useless or heavily surpassed by regular crafts.
using CAU armors needs no arguments nor explanations. just use it and melt your foes.

>making rounds again because of one retard on youtube
The expansion recently just released, you mong. Although Sseth did pull a lot of people into buying the game, as the dev admitted.

Do I need any gun skills for chem pistols? PER or firearms skill maybe?

North underrail, implants/augs, heavy veapons, new psi school maybe

Based Sseth zoomer chads are even here huh? Can't wait for the next game he reviews, only reason why I play these old games.

>old games
Way to out yourself as a retard, idiot.

Maybe tanks? Or other armored vehicles?

Hey hey people

its obviously bait dumbass

Hey hey your undertale thread is dying

Where do I just find normal "metal"? I have a mission to go to this junkyard place, but I wanna craft a new machete. I have everything but metal and none of the shops have any...Can I find it in junkyard?

>Arena nicknames are dependent on how you fight
Neat. Not to happy about being called the paralyzer though

Happened to me, dying to fire during the cut scene after a long grueling fight against Carnifex

What's the name of that emotion which is a mix of absolute wrath and amused laughter?

It's called steel plates in vendors. You can also use tungsten plates later.

Yes

Alright, thanks. Haven't seen any yet, going to make my way to the junkyard and hope I stumble upon some. And a riot armor blueprint

All of that is readily available at the junkyard

Neat. If I can ask one last time, would I find power modules there? I have a Core.

>Aim can reach 100%
>Nerfs to psi
>Late game level curve fixed

A+

-north underrail
-cybernetics
-dual wielding pistols
-pet rathound/goliath or hopper army
-shoulder turret

SURFACE

I want a rocket launcher Warthog as mount and pet

alright, hear me out:
I don't think it's possible to do a spear wizard build in the same vein as a hammer wizard because of 2 problems: Spear Throw and Cheap Shots.
Spear Throw requires 5 Dex and is the primary thing separating Spears in combat v Hammers in combat (without Riot Shields involved).
Cheap Shots is extremely useful paired with Impale but requires 5 Int.
Combined, the 5 Dex and 5 Int requirement take away the points needed to hit Force User (7 Will). While Con and Str could be dropped to 5 and 8 respectively, it would delay Iron Grip to level 12.
So, I'm on the path to tank Will to 3 and go an more unusual Metathermics + Time Manip route. Spear Throw's running around pairs well with Exo Aura and Contraction, Cryostasis lets you remove a ranged psi threat for a few turns, you still have the flexibility to splash Psychokinesis since you're capping your Psi skill investment at level 12 at 70 in MT. You can go hacking and lockpicking thanks to 6 Int, mechanics, and electronics, pick up Weaponsmith, and Expose Weakness.
Spear Wizard is doable, but it's quite different from a hammer wizard.

Sssssssssssseth here

Are detection goggles required to see death stalkers?

>Not being a Brutalizer/Disintegrator

Attached: 1565813960464.gif (200x200, 198K)

Hey hey people

will help, but you still wont see them most of the time unless you bump into them.
just lay few traps and throw a grenade

>almost every feat I picked so far (lvl 12 atm) is a shotgun-specific perk
Why do I feel like that's gonna backfire later?

I still haven't figured out how to avoid fight. Can't find the trapdoor. When I was looking for it I got to Core City by accident.

I mean, that's supposed to be a given since both spears and hammers function really different, hammer wizards works because it has a solid sync with psychokinesis, but nothing else
I mean, sure, you need to get 11 Strenght to get Iron Grip, which synergizes well with Corporeal projection, but the are other things, like hammer wizards being tin cans, being naturally tanky as fuck, while hoplites are not exacly tanky, although they are tough, they cannot simply stand there shrugging off a rain of bullets, I dont even know if Riot gear can reach 75% mech DR, it's not the same.
This is why the psi hoplites builds I have seen always with just Time Magic exclusively.
This is my opinion anyways, there's nothing written down on stone as a law.

Maybe don't fucking walk in front of them?
Go talk to Miles if you have trouble avoiding the bots.
>Can't find the trapdoor.
Jesus, the captain told you to go south and you somehow went north?

Moving through high tension areas where NPCs aren't immediately hostile. Meaning player will constantly be on edge against other paranoid, trigger happy denizens but murder-hoboing on the other hand is the suboptimal solution.

>Can't find the trapdoor.
The fucking captain tells you exacly where it is.
Do you even read?
If no, don't fucking play Underrail then.

essentail: sixth shell, leading shot

I just bought the game after Sseth recommended it.
Is normal difficulty and oddity okay for the first time?
I want to be a heavy weapons guy that is good with computers.

>leading shot
>I didn't look up the feats and started with 3 dex
uhh

you're good on normal

Oddity is harder and will make it where you will play through the whole game. If you haven't played too many rpgs though, it might not be what you want at least while you're still learning about the game.

Well yeah, so far I'm pretty good, just kinda disappointed in myself now

Normal and oddity is the recommended newcomer setting
There is no 'heavy weapons guy', at most there are Assault Rifles, Shotguns, Snipers; or huge dick Sledgehammers

I installed cheat engine and am using the built in speed hack - deff suggest it.

make sure when you install cheat engine to uncheck the fuggin toolbar bullshit

Ill go with hard instead because im not a pussy.

Yeah /tg/ servers got flooded with them and they got really upset that the game was too difficult to use. Many got perma banned in the process for breaking the rules constantly.

Attached: 1344065482919.png (350x350, 58K)

i go on wiki and click on the weapon. theres a section with all the related feats.
it helps you figure out what you want.

You're not the first to do this, and all the ones that came before hit a the wall face first.
Pride will be your downfall, get familiar with the game mechanics in normal, then go on hard.

Dont forget to give yourself 999999999 hp and infinite charons on your way out
Why play the game at all lol

Not wanting to spend an extra 5+ hours starting a loading bars and already cleared environments is entirely different from giving yourself items.

-New frames and mods for all weapons, specially melee mods
-Another ranged weapon besides the nade launcher, maybe a melee one too
-Dual Pistols
-More cosmetic variety (make each armor enhancement have a disctinctive look, even if it's just recoloring certain parts)
-North Underrail and cybernetics/body modification system.
-Multiplayer of some sort. Coop would be amazing but Arena/Gauntlet against other players would be sick. Ain't gonna happen but a man can dream.

Attached: even speedcat is afraid.png (269x270, 152K)

Yeah dude just teleport to one point of the map at any given time, render a part of the new content moot, waiting is for nerds anyways kek
Like dude just teleport to DC and 1 shot him, who cares for bars, aint nobody got tiem for dat lol

loool

way to make it obvious that you have never played the game before lol, based retard trying to justify cheating before ever even trying the game.

I can't sneak for shit. It seems like I'll have to rape the entire Slavic Military base during the Dude's quest and shoot everyone to death, right?

>I'll have to rape the entire Slavic Military base during the Dude's quest and shoot everyone to death
Good luck with that.

>-Multiplayer of some sort. Coop would be amazing but Arena/Gauntlet against other players would be sick. Ain't gonna happen but a man can dream.
After finishing the game on Dominating, and lurking 'bout for some time, you will realize that everyone will be a Psychosis/Psionic mania psi nuker that if manages to get highest Initiative, will simply crit nuke the opposite team with LoC + NO, or LoC + Bilocation
It would fucking suck, this game is not even slightly balanced for multiplayer play, specially pvp

you dont need any sneak, just disguse yourself properly.
you can also go your way which is more fun

If you're a male, you can disguise yourself as one of them with the soldier uniform

I fucked up with my disguise on my current non-stealth character. I'm playing on normal but I went in blind and underlevelled. I came out of that base a different man

See You dont even need stealth, at most, you will need Persuation

>If you're a male
yeah, about that

Attached: 20190912194741_1.jpg (1920x1080, 191K)

If it's coop, just make enemies have slight more health. Best case scenario they stats slightly adapt depending on. I wouldn't worry too much about balance.

If PVP is an issue, just make ti all Gauntlet style where everyone is given limited gear.

>Playing as a female
Seriously, most of the times male characters got it easier, or rather, more intresting
What's the most intresting you can do as a female? It needs to top Evelyn quest

No. You don't understand.
Any given time, at any given place, with or without gear, any pure psi wizard can pop a psionic mania and nuke you for 2500 neural overloard damage

It's not a matter of context, it's a matter of game balancing
I'd be okay with pve tho

I like original theme music more, fite me.

I never managed to pull this off. they always know it's me. Do I need headwear too?

>any pure psi wizard can pop a psionic mania and nuke you for 2500 neural overloard damage
Then maybe some custom balancing? but then it may be too much work for something this simple.
PVE would probably be the best, specially for dominating/Hard runs, but I doubt it's possible. Aren't thing like that done from the groudn up when making a game and adding them halfway almost impossible? And this is serbians we're talking about.

your titties will unironically give you away

Not having to deal with the most annoying part of the evelyn quest, ability to finish the Foundry quest properly for your super secret friends by claiming you're the accused's wife, can seduce a Black Eel on the Rig to steal his floatie-talkie, get a free invite to the Talloski manor because Maxim wants in your pants, etc.
You probably shouldn't make claims like "Seriously, most of the times male characters got it easier, or rather, more intresting" if you've never actually played a female lmao

It's on the game UI too dummy, bottom left corner.

You don't have to kill everything. Stealth works.
Choose one weapon and stick to it.
Have good armor or good initiative.
Molotovs are nice.
Dogs can't open doors.

You seem to know your stuff. Is there a psionic assassin build that works at all? Sneakmage?

>your titties will unironically give you away
But seriously though, how stacked is the female protag if you're physically incapable of hiding the goods?

>I never managed to pull this off. they always know it's me. Do I need headwear too?
Unequipt your breasts and equipt a man face.
No women are allowed in the Grey Army base, or at least militarymen.
They will INSTANTLY spot you just because you're a female. It's either stealth or genocide.

If you think it's bullshit, it kinda is, on the other hand it seems it's a motiff of West Underrail slavs, if you know a certain man from the Free Drones, you will see he's exacly the same as you think he is
Sorry, you're basically fucked, if you cannot commite genocide, you better reload from the previous checkpoint

No I'm a male but putting on their uniform still makes them aggressive.

I held my ground at the right side area with the pillar and bathroombehind me.
5 bags of crawler poison caltrops and 5 BRAAAP nades and all out psionic fuckery it was over.
Really made me respect Focus Stims and Locus of Control + Enrage

I always play as a female called Galge, I dunno why.

I think if you killed a soldier it will make everyone hostile regardless of the soldier uniform
Do not kill anybody if you try to be a spy

So you never played as a male?
Dont you know Evelyn quest in foundry?

hey hey

When I was like... 12 and games were good. I don't know about that quest, does she fuck you if you're a male or something?

Oh something way, WAY better

I can't lewd it up if I play a female? No scissoring?

Every time you get special interactions due to it they always describe your "curves" or call you "bouncy" so its pretty safe to say that the female protag has huge unrestrained tiddies and a thicc ol booty
Styg is clearly a man of patrician tastes.

can you play as an unga bunga nature person in this game, craft your own weapons and armor out of your slain enemies etc.?

Sorry, you must have dick and balls to do that side of the quest with Evelyn
She's not a lesbian

Kind of
You can make leather armours but weapons will need actual metal or something, which you could always get off killing people or bots.
You could always use metathermic psionics and rp as a shaman or druid something

I've heard people call the game junkpunk. So to answer your question, yes, that is the core concept of the crafting mechanic in Underrail

More like "I scooped some garbage bins and found parts necessary for plasma pistol."

Converter, capacitator or amplifier for energy shield?

Depends on your stats and builds, and some personal preference

Hey hey people

Any poorfags want the game? I got some steambucks sitting around and nothing else to buy the next months. Can gift 2-3 copies. Gimme your username, I'll be lurking for a while.

Amplifier/Converter is the only correct choice.

there are dogs in the game. close enough.

Attached: YUnqONv.png (100x100, 19K)

Hammers seem to work because they have no alternate base stat necessities and don't care much for critting because it can't be popped on demand; it's more of a nice bonus from heavyweight + crit power (which is substantial, mind, but not predictable).
Sweep at 6 AGI is great since you're taking sprint anyways. I'm wondering if it's more effective to run a dodge/eva hoplite build with precognition and, but without a way to mitigate the penalty from riot armor in any way (except for the shield with armor sloping), you can't get mileage out of Nimble. Spear/Psi is pulled in so many directions stat-wise even to hit its minimums that dumping Will seems to be the only path forward.

You can still do the evelyn quest as a female

But you wont have 'that' secuence

>finally cleared out the first room
>the Dude fucking died
ok, back to the other save

is there a way to rotate the camera or select enemies "hidden" by walls

Man, the stealth system of this game does need some tweaking. If nobody sees you commiting a crime you shouldn't be punished because the AI has a hviemind.

TAB to highlight, Z to reverse highlight.

In reality, TM hoplites only get it to get Psycho temporal contraction and the feat Psycho temporal acceleration, but that's pretty much it I believe.

Well that's good, having your shit unequipped and F9ing until you win initiative rolls isn't really the most phenomenal part of the game

To be fair that is not new, on controlled areas the AI tend to be like that, a single minded hivemind linked to everybody

If you can't clear out the first room, let alone have Dude die on you then forget about the Gray Army entirely because those are just random soldiers.

>Do not kill anybody if you try to be a spy
Except the pissing officer. He and only he is fair game.
No, I don't get the logic of it either.

Nobody does
Styg works in mysterious ways

I know, I was talking in general, not this specific mission.
There's some wonky decisions in this game, like how there's a sound system for weapons and armors for deeper stealth mechanics, but the enemy has hivemind AI and there's no way to create sound distractions besides thrwoing a grenade.

I can see it. Shame it doesn't seem capable of a more offensive variant

Whats better, carrying a high and low shield emitter and switching them out or carrying a medium shield emitter for my heavy armour build

Do I go with oddity or classic XP for my first playthrough?

Attached: 1537854136303.gif (324x324, 3.01M)

>Heavy armour build
Always wear the higest shield energy possible.
There is no reason to wear anything else but high shields.
t. Hammer wizard

Oddity.

>but the enemy has hivemind AI
They turn hostile together, but they don't hivemind on your location They have to see or hear you, or see someone who sees you.

>and there's no way to create sound distractions besides throwing a grenade
TNT, Yell, some AoE psi. I wish we could fire guns without a target though.

Oddity and please stop asking this because it causes people to sperg out every time
Can we get Styg's statement on the XP system in the OP or linked or something from now on so people stop asking constantly?

thanks

>"there is no reason to wear anything but high shields"
Untill a cloaked melee nigger or monster attacks and cripples/poisons you

underrail.com/forums/index.php?topic=1304.0

link to the old forum thread with some custom portraits.

>Styg's statement
and what would that be

Sorry, its just a bit confusing because classic sounds like the easier option.

Oddity

It's certainly simpler. Where that is easier is debatable; some combat builds or psi builds that grind through enemies probably love it, but not everyone goes looking for a fight.
Personally, I wish it had never been an option, but that's neither here nor there

Quick pls someone tell me, where to go after depot a is finished ?

what am I doing wrong. I have tried a good psi build and a spec ops build but its the same shit everytime. I cant beat the 2 crack heads at the start. or the fucking 4 rathounds. why are there mines everywhere. what the fuck. I have experience in rpgs like this but what the fuck is this. why put fights at the start of the game you cant avoid unbeatable.

I don't have it saved which is why I ask for it but on a forum post he's said that Oddity is the intended way to play and the only reason he hasn't removed Classic is because people bought the game while that system was still the placeholder

Its all good, it is easier because the game is balanced around Oddity. The threads have just had some weird ironic shitflinging about it.

Is it worth dropping my int stat if i'm going a big guns man?
Most things on 5 doesn't seem like a good option.

Attached: 1540011940658.png (300x300, 60K)

coz it is
oddity is more fun for the first time. it rewards exploration.
classic is really just for testing new builds coz you gain levels faster

Back home.

Melee always naturally bypasses 60% of shields.
Crippling strike debuff will apply if it does damage to you, even if it deals just 1 damage.
If you get crippled, it's not the fault of your shield, but the fault of your flemsy armour, become more ironcladed.
Once you past 60 mechanical DT, knifefags wont do anything anymore, being but a little nuisance
>Poisions
Antidote.
Slow ass tungsten tanks are weak vs electrical and energy attacks, low low shields wont protect you from those, but high high shields will.

Any relevant base stat from your build should be pumped, to 10 if it's important.
Non relevant base stats should be tanked to 3.

If you intend to craft those big guns, boolits and some armor to boot, then dropping int is really gonna hurt your skill points.

>Most things on 5 doesn't seem like a good option.
It's perfectly fine. Just don't let the local minmaxers see it.

camp hathor
rail crossing
do some oddity searching and first few quests in foundry

stop trying to fuck him over by gimping his crafting the entire game user

Thanks m8

rathounds cant open doors so use that for your advantage.
and play normal difficulty

I have no idea what you're trying to say because your English is whack, but there's no fight at the beginning of the game you can't win.
If rathounds give you trouble, throw a flare. The gate guard tells you that before you leave the very first time you head into the caves in the very first mission.
What crackheads? Are you doing something that isn't explicitly going into the lower caves?

Dunno man.
I was okay with crafting with 3 int

You're not as good as you think
Eat your pride and play on normal

I have a ton of left over skill points in my planned build and I am wondering if persuasion is worth it even if will is dumped. Whats the persuasion score that I should aim for?

It has some pretty big maluses if you have it

Use bear traps, caltrops, nets and nades son. Setup your assault with a plan, use terrain to your advantage.

If you rush the workbenches you will be fine
Hyper cerebrix helps
Under pie too

persuasion isn't really useful unless you max it
I highly recommend mercantile instead if you don't have that high

you can also go visit core city and do some shit there.
game is pretty open after depot a. if something is too hard you can guess you're not supposed to be there yet.

>reading this thread
>read about the shields
>Mfw shooting only build
>0 electronics
>at the depot A
A-am I going to have a bad time when I encounter shielded enemies? I am certain I am not going to be able to ambush all of them and kill them before they turn the shields on

Attached: 1557667743669.gif (300x300, 471K)

>play on normal
i am

Attached: 1562593086135.jpg (349x326, 61K)

I hate that place already

not that many enemies have shields desu and you can EMP them

Also, is it possible to play without crafting the shields? I am not going to catch up at this point, my skill points are already spread quite thin

I only have 25 mechanical armour right now from all my shit so I might just go medium until I can get my mechanics high enough tot craft an amazing set

Lad do what I did, ive never even played and once I learned I could make a shotgun out of the gate I made one, I just finished depot a and it still holding up 20x better then anything else I got

Attain a functioning brain

Maybe I can help, what's the situation you're specfically struggling with? Where you're right now?

>my skill points are already spread quite thin
why. You get 40 points which is enough to max 8 skills per level up which is all you really need.

You can take the shields off enemies you kill but they won't be as good as ones made from high quality parts

>I only have 25 mechanical armour
That's your problem. Your armour is weak.
Go full tin can, metal armour, metal boots, metal helmet.

Hope you got high mechanics.

Which gun should I pick from the armory at the beginning? I seem to have fucked myself by picking the .44 given how expensive its ammo is.

Attached: where boolet.jpg (294x97, 11K)

Honestly as long as you keep EMP grenades on you at all times shields aren't that bad

mercantile for better quality items
pickopocket for some easy extra oddities and million health hypos

what about muh 10 per

>A-am I going to have a bad time when I encounter shielded enemies?
Yes.
The .44

Not really, if you have good guns and skills or some decent ammo, or just burst, you shouldnt have a problem.
Alternatively: EMP.

then WHERE BOOLET?

Attached: NAO.png (495x362, 234K)

So mercantile basically makes vendor goods cheaper and allows me to sell my stuff at higher prices right?

In shops, if you aren't killing one target per bullet you're doing it wrong.
And even if you're doing it wrong you can just resell it for dosh.

the 2 crackheads are down an optional area. The 4 rathounds are just 2 or 3 areas north of the starting area. I killed 3 after kiting them on some caltrops, no idea where the 4th is. I then stepped on a random mine a then exited out of the game. I want to like it but why are there mines everywhere. its the 3rd one I've stepped on.

It also gives some dialogue options to haggle for higher rewards and unlock special tiers of merchandise from merchants at certain intervals, and increases the general quality of items you can buy from them.

they'll laugh at you from the shadows

you can purchase better quality shit with better mercantile.
Mercantile>Persuasion>Intimidation

oh boy just wait until you meet the rathound king

I'm genociding the snek people and came across a little problem
WTF is that ghost that appears after killing Magnar and how do I kill it?
Also what do I do with the black stone in snek totem? I reached out with my mind but it told me I was the wrong shape and kicked me out

juice up

elaborate further?

It doesn't matter because it isn't optimal to use any of them. Buy two frag grenades and go and get Jack's quest. Proceed to lower underrail. Enter combat before conversing with the thugs. Kill them with one frag grenade. One of them has an SMG, equip it. Proceed to lower underrail passages. Kill the gangers you find down here, one will have a combat vest, equip it. Proceed to the isolated ganger in a room. Throw the other grenade to kill him. You now have an AR.

From here I'd proceed to junkyard to buy a ceramic plate, but I'll let you figure the rest out yourself.

>the 2 crackheads are down an optional area.
What? You mean the bandits on your way to GMS?
Those spawn because you accepted Jack Quicksilver quest, if not, you are going where you're -NOT- supposed to go.
>Rathounds
Mousedougs are shitless afraid of fire.
Use molotovs or flares. Also they are very weak to fire, stack up on Molotovs, they are the most useful item in the game.
>Mines
Save scum it up, or try not having 3 PER, or invest in trap skills, or chuck grenades where you think a mine is, it will make it explode.
Alternatively, you can use pyrokinesis if you're metafag.

You need a good build and most importantly Juice to even hope to ghostbust Magnar.

drink the dude's juice

lube it up
Please tell me you completed Dude's quest

8 was not enough for dumb me.
I put my points into guns, shooting, mechanics, chemistry, tailoring, stealth, lockpicking, hacking, evasion and persuasion.

I activated the station to the north, what do I do now? I've explored everything here.
The south is impossible to explore because of the beetles.

Attached: 20190912151202_1.jpg (1024x768, 246K)

Not outside the RBMK reactor.

welp guess I'll do that now

I am but im building up my mechanics, only level 11 right now and Im wearing tungsten body+head+boots and only reaching ~30

I have 8 per mines only pop up after I step on them.

report back

If you're an AR burst build no, you won't have a bad time. You'll shred through energy shields and their health in one burst.

>sit behind fence with .44
>Aimed Shot for a quadrillion damage
>drink a beer
>push end turn 3 times
>repeat
There's the power switches quest.

>spend 5 bucks on a pack of molotovs
>huck them at beetles
>laugh
There's the Newton quest.

is th emaximum quality of materials 100? I'm just stocking my SGS room full of crafting shit for later when ive grinded and wanna know if I should stick to picking up stuff between 70-100 quality like I have been and ignoring shitty stuff between 30-50 quality (not the fixed materials with fixed levels, just the stuff that has varying material quality)

They can exceed 160 rarely

max quality is like 170 or so.

aw fuck ah well I guess haivng a stock of quality 100 stuff is good for now

You don't use metal for DT, your goal is 95% mechanical reduction

Some can go up to something like 195, but they are rare and whether you get one you want is completely up to blind luck. Plan for 130~160.

Does a centurion have more synergy with shields than a hoplite?

>see dog
>godly dodge chance
>rips you apart
>this is at the very beginning
This game is railroaded worse than new vegas.

try a shotgun

lel, net, boi

>start combat
>they warp across the map to chunk you the moment it starts

Word of advice, lad, rush Foundry quests, after you kill the Beast, Leonie will sell new metal and it can reach up to 150 quality.
Also, start hoarding toxic sludge and craft gas grenades, you will need it.

Ignore the other user, while it's true you gonna need 95% DR, reaching 60 DT is more important because it will stop meleefags from constantly crippling you.

I'm guessing I wont be visiting gray army base again?
>tfw all this loot and no dissassemble feat

>take a peak at reddit to see what the normies think of the game
>and to once again reaffirm that everyone who uses reddit is a fucking retard
>this includes me for bothering in the first place
>builds with all stats around 4-6
>builds with snooping
>builds with 0 crafting
>builds with AR talents while using crossbows
>builds with points in 15 different skills
>retards refusing to use their healing items and then complaining the only way to heal is to go back to SGS
>retards 5 hours into the game and still only using the starter pistol
>retards stuck on trapping hoppers
>retards taking the psi pill with no intention to actually be a psi character
>retards getting owned by rats in the first quest
>retards trying to stealth in well lit areas
>retards who can't read what NPCs say

>Does a centurion
Legionary*
And no, both use the same gear, riot gear with shields, it's not specific of any spear or sword build.
Shield has it's own build, you can fully spec on shield bash and become a ramming machine.

just recycle

>he doesn't repair the expensive gear
>he doesn't break down the cheap shit to craft repair kits for the expensive gear
Do you even cave goyim?

sit in a doorway or one tile space and bottleneck them to death

iteration of equipment throughout the game is of greater importance than holding out for maximum numbers while subsisting on junk

>>builds with all stats around 4-6
>>builds with snooping
>>builds with 0 crafting
>>builds with AR talents while using crossbows
You can do all this on normal and be fine

I refuse to believe people cannot understand how to heal

Post screenshots. I want to see this hilarious cringe.

>repair the expensive gear
Is it worth doing this on hard?

But is there greater synergy between sword and shield or spear and shield?

>retards stuck on trapping hoppers
I expect retards to get stuck on retaking the outposts or the junkjard quest chains but I refuse to believe anyone could get stuck on the hoppers

>do this
>start combat
>they still warp to you and chunk your health anyways

Even more so on hard, die to items being worth half value and components being cheap.

>repairing drastically increases item price
>not viable on difficulties that decrease the hell out of it
Is that even a question?

Don't tell me you're so retarded to actually not start the combat yourself.

>have shit initiative
>have no stealth
>have no bulk
>have no plan
how many more posts are you going to make bitching or are you finally going to stabilize the fight, win, heal, and move on?

What's the highest leather quality you can find?

which type of leather?

Ive mostly not been crafting and using the best shit I buy/pick up from enemies. Are the unique guns ever worth it? I have 9 of them now and they all seem relatively weak even considering their special effects

None in particular, Legionary and Hoplite builds exists just for roleplay, which actually ends being really fucking good.
Again, swords and spears are completely independent of shields, one doesnt benefit more than the other, it's the same.

Nah, smg spec ops boi

Serpents/Sea Wyrm. I found a 108 sea wyrm skin that can net me a nifty 40% mecanical res + high melee bonus with supersteel and padding, but heartbreaker is lighter and still has good res + initiative is god. But, I also have a 136 greater siphoner skin right next to it, so I'm wondering if it's worth the hassle of trying to get skins. Plus, super steel is fuck off expensive to roll, so it's a tough choice.

some of them have very specific and niche uses, but their damage will not stack up against maximum-specced hand-crafted gear. The Tommy Gun being the only .44 SMG, that one 5mm AR that spits out 2 extra rounds per burst can work with expertise in an AR build (which normally doesn't require expertise), the double-barrelled shotgun can fire two shells at once, and the SMG you find in Depot A is very solid damage-wise when you find it. That's off the top of my head, but no, the unique guns do not put out the biggest numbers

>NEW VEGAS IS THE TRUE FALLOUT 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>WASTELAND 2 IS THE TRUE FALLOUT 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>UNDERRAIL IS THE TRUE FALLOUT 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Now that I've wasted my money on Underrail, I've come to accept that literally no one will ever make the true fallout 3, just railroaded CRPGs where you're required to play one way or nothing at all.

At least NV didn't force you to play a specific way like Underrail does.

Attached: 1394616700891.png (204x234, 69K)

Literally how? Just start combat, throw a net, run up and capture next turn. Where the fuck is the problem?

>win fight
>get chunked by doppelgangers anyway
Fuck shaman niggers.

you're an idiot for listening to all these shills
ATOM is the real true Fallout 3

Does Katherine ever sell blue prints and the base for shield emitters?

t. Filtered
Good riddance.

No one has ever said that about underrail and there are multiple ways to play the game.

don't respond to shitters fishing for (You)s

People who do all of that on a single build inevitably get to Depot A and get raped with acid spewing cocks and then complain about the game being too hard.

They can pass 140. Your best bet for finding the good stuff is native genocide.

>>NEW VEGAS IS THE TRUE FALLOUT 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Got it right the first time. Wasteland 2 is a joke and while Underrail is a fantastic game, it doesn't even attempt to be a Fallout game - nor should it.

>you're required to play one way
And what way is that?

So far I've been cheesing shit but critting people with a sniper rifle so fucking hard they die in one hit, and then running away before combat starts.

But the next area is a fucking hell.

>drop a poison caltrops on every path into the camp
>stand in the one square not caltropped
>watch a hundred ooga booga cave people walk into my meat grinder

Attached: Untitled.jpg (2568x1440, 758K)

Probably. It's tough cleansing the savages though. Fucking crossbow niggers poison you from out of line of sight even through 150q low-low shields, shamans with perma pseudo-spatial projections and doppels, and there's so. Fucking. Many of the warriors.

>ATOM RPG IS THE TRUE FALLOUT 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Underrail is the last time I fall for it.

>No one has ever said that about underrail
Except for all of the reviews.
>and there are multiple ways to play the game.
Multiple pre-determined ways that you must adhere to or else you cannot do anything.

>and while Underrail is a fantastic game, it doesn't even attempt to be a Fallout game - nor should it.
Making a bad game on purpose is not something they should be proud of.
>And what way is that?
I haven't bothered to read the guides, so I don't know. But what I do know is that making melee my primary way of attacking is forbidden.

Attached: Gorilla.jpg (333x500, 126K)

How good is Snipe if I don't really have a stealth character? I have 11 perception but I could theoretically raise my stealth to 30.

Styg is an excellent shitposter. Discrete and tasteful.

Attached: 20190912020830_1.jpg (1920x1080, 337K)

Ezra and I think her don't sell them until after you finish Depot A and talk to Tanner

Hello friends. Can somebody answer my question. If i gonna play smg build, perception is main stat for guns, but it would be a good idea to invest into agility and dex right ? Do i need to invest into str to wear good medium armor ? Dodge is not very viable early isn't ?

>But what I do know is that making melee my primary way of attacking is forbidden.

Attached: aqua_intelligence_below_avg.png (800x1000, 409K)

>making melee my primary way of attacking is forbidden.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
*cough* *cough*

>Multiple pre-determined ways that you must adhere to or else you cannot do anything.
That's untrue, you can do whatever you want on Normal difficulty provide you're not retarded

>I haven't bothered to read the guides, so I don't know. But what I do know is that making melee my primary way of attacking is forbidden.
>But what I do know is that making melee my primary way of attacking is forbidden.
You're so fucking retarded, melee is arguably one of the best builds, swords, spears, hammers, even your fucking fists, after the review dropped, dozens of people came here asking if an unarmed 'Jojo/Kenshiro' build is possible.

If you actually bothered to do some research, and actually thinking for yourself, you'd be not in this situation.
But it's clear Underrail is not for you.

Now fuck off.

Tried it once. Rolled a well rounded gunslinger like i would in fallout 1,2. Got my shit pushed in at the start by psychic beetles. How the fuck do i git gud?

Attached: 1566235915338.jpg (485x491, 23K)

For me, it's the nets. There's nothing worse than getting stuck behind cover, where enemies can pelt you with bolts and you can't do anything about it.
The best advice I got for you is to take it slow. Ethnic cleansing takes time, no need to do it all in one go.

>I don't know
It sounds like you haven't even played the game and are complaining for the sake of (You)s, son.

Maybe he is just baiting people to tell him melee builds, maybe.

melee is busted as fuck brainlet poster

Attached: 1551301263181.jpg (1024x908, 59K)

Pump dex to 10. It will reduce the ap needed to shoot, and you will need a lot of them as smg

Find something that goes boom or a molotov.

Oh yeah, fuck nets. Especially with the wonky los where you can see him, he can shoot you, but you can't shoot back. It's hell with chempistols' 7 tile range.

>melee is busted as fuck
And thats a good thing

>LALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOU LALALA
Keep crying, I gave it more than a fair chance to prove it wasn't another turd in the pile, but it couldn't do that.

Underrail is just another missed opportunity to make a good game, it was forgotten a few days after release, the only reason it's popular again is because of youtube.
You're not fans of the game, you're fans of the youtuber who made a video about it.

Attached: Untitled.png (230x94, 21K)

Oh fucking shut the fuck up already
Go back to your Smash threads

posters like these is why I wish eghtchan wasnt down

I actually tried the game in 2017, had the same reaction as you. Coming back to it with some research and a bit of info about building decently has made the game much more enjoyable.

>YOU'RE A [game I don't like] FAN! GO AWAY!

About the muties in the west depot
What's the best solution? I'm leaning towards scorched earth wiping them off of the face of the island, wasting supplies on them for the sake of diplomacy for a bunch of muties doesn't seem wise to me

>play game for 5 hours
>Still shit at it

Attached: homelander.jpg (814x814, 199K)

>NO YOU'RE SHIT BECAUSE I SAID SO! IT'S NOT BAD IT'S NOT BAD!!!

Exacly. Now fuck off.

Stop replying to the retard, pipeworkers.

Attached: He thinks you're a pipeworker.png (360x154, 40K)

Where do I get a shotgun? I wanna be a shotgun tard but I got none. At Depot A now and it's kinda bad. Need 15 more points in mechanics to craft one

Well, thanks i suppose. Well, medium armor is okay at least right ?

>SOURCES OF INFORMATION ARE ONLY WORTHY IF THEY ARE OLD, PREFERABLY FROM A BOOK, AND BY SOMEBODY THAT DOESNT MAKE ME FEEL INFERIOR
Faggot

Kill them I guess?
Eustace doesn't sell anything worthwhile and they're only there to block your way.
There's some good bantz with Wesley if you have high INT in which you basically destroy him verbally if you negotiate with him, but other than that it might be faster to just kill them.

Are pistols viable as a primary weapon if I go high perception and agility?

Attached: 1567501000647.jpg (874x1732, 94K)

>need three hoppers
>used my two traps
>can't use crossbow
>no fucking idea what to do at all
>have a stroke of genius
>activate combat next to a hopper
>it just stands there while I catch it

Attached: 1394676803070.png (814x857, 200K)

They're weak-ish, and what you want is DEX, but you can finish the game.

Ballistic?
They're subpar even at their best.
Energy/Chempistols? Absolutely, they rape everything.

Just for you. Now including
>retard who uses crossbow in melee range
>retard who killed SGS personnel and then was surprised when the entire SGS wants to kill him
>retard who refuses to play more than once and needs the perfect build, but spent so long thinking of what build to pick he could've just played it more than once by now
>retard who wants to cheat because he wants to carry literally everything in the game on him at all times
>retard who wants to cheat or else he'll have to sack his whole build because he took a single suboptimal feat after it took him 25 hours to get to lvl 10
and some more. There's more on the subreddit but this is the best stuff imo

Attached: reddit and underrail.png (1752x1888, 613K)

You can get one literally before you even leave SGS for the first time. For free, even.

trying to dodge the universe? firearm pistols will eventually run into an issue in terms of sheer utility: they provide only damage. chemical pistols and energy pistols will diversify your approach and chance to succeed

as long as you are using explosives and bear traps, anything is viable

I know isn't it great? you can also using thought control psionics to give them a mental break down to catch them.

>Except for all of the reviews.
Which were all written by retards who got filtered at Depot A.
>Multiple pre-determined ways that you must adhere to or else you cannot do anything.
the goal post has been successfully moved. Also still wrong.

I would not know, since my boy is a glass cannon. I try to kill all enemies in 1 turn, or burst 2 times and sprint to safety. If you try doing it like me, str 3 armor is enough to take hits from 1 or 2 enemies and survive long enough to win

I gave the bug to the protectorate like a good goy. Am I fucked?

Coming back to Underrail feels like an mellow walk in the park after raging my way through Pathfinder.

yup

You know, after some playthroughs I'm kinda pissed you can't do anything with the renegade protectorate soldiers if you choose to side with the drones.
Feels like wasted potential.

>Am I fucked?
Very.

For free? My merchant senses are tingling

So, you using high damage, kite, light armor and dodge as defense layers right ? Does Glass Cannon playstyle really work with this game ?

I completed the quest within a few seconds just by standing next to the first hopper hole and hitting combat as soon as one of them spawned
Easiest quest ever, none of the advise the NPCs give you even matter the traps are useless and there's no point to attacking the hoppers with stun effects

Glass cannons are arguably the strongest builds.

Send help. My room is at the end of the hall on the Private Quaters floor on SGS

Holy shit, it's real

Attached: 1542961171388.jpg (900x900, 54K)

Wew lads, chill. I did read it but when I went straight south I got assraped by drone. That's why I thought "hey, I'll go to rails and then south" so I got to underground entrance... Which in the end yeah, led me north to Core City.
Still, seeing your aggro is comical.

There's some other stuff but I didn't think it was worth mentioning, aside from maybe some retard telling another retard to buy grenades and then go kill stalkers in the lower rails just to get a gun, and all the DLC posts that I didn't want to spoil for myself.

Well, okay, nice. But this is my first time playing this game so i kinda wanna know what can i do in this game. Well, i just...i'l try something out. Thanks.

Not dodge. Sprint And flashbangs/nets. Also stealth is useful to get into right positions. Granades are very useful in this build.

It is good, however you might have some problems until lvl 8, when you get the spec ops feat, which is incredibly good for such character

>But this is my first time playing this game so i kinda wanna know what can i do in this game.
Play on normal and go full Psi with high WIL and CON, 10 for both is the baseline then dump the rest into WIL.

Whats the recommended strength for big automatic rifles?

Leave the door open whenever you leave your private quarters, we'll be by eventually.

>can't find the armory that's literally next door and visible on the way to the only entrance/exit
>can't defeat the first batch of rathounds
>can't complete the first quest
honestly they all should uninstall what a bunch of shitters
no reading comprehension, no attention span, sub 60 IQ, this is what happens when you give people a game without quest markers and handholding

is this good for a shotgun build? i wanna use riot armor to stay mobile and burst people with full auto. is it worth going electronics to build a shield in this case?

Attached: Untitled.png (465x368, 16K)

>after raging my way through Pathfinder
raging as in playing a barbarian or as in hating the game?

Well, i heard alot about psi being overpowered but i wonna pew pew.

fun fact. al fabet was the name of a forum poster who was throwing a tantrum about not merchants refusing to buy everything so styg added them to the game to make fun of them.

> Can you tell me more about Al Fabet?
> Don't even start this topic.
Also, this guy doesn't want to buy anything fron me. Neat.

hey guys new gamer here oddity or classic

Grenades ? Flashbangs ? I'm getting xcom flashbacks, game is just keep getting better.

user, you have to decide between learning how to play with the least possible inconvenience first or buckle up and do things the hardcore way without complaining, the choice is yours, I just gave you some advice.

I am actually autistically closing it every time. Does it matter ? Will I find a sexy rathound in my bed at some point ?

To be fair if you go to the lower underrail exit instead of the cave exit, it's really easy to get surrounded by the rathounds and get owned depending on your character. There's like 5 or 6 and the tunnel is really wide and only a couple spots you can hang out so only 1 or 2 can hit you at a time. It's also rathounds which people mention prior so it seems like where you're supposed to go. But the guy should realize he's getting -1000 initiative every time he reenters the area and that the rats are obviously going to keep camping that spot for when he comes back.

Oddity is the better gaming experience
Classic is easier if you want to grind levels by killing mobs instead of exploring and doing quests

Did anyone actually beat the brainbugs on Silent Isle or am I a brainlet for pulling them to the boat ?

IT IS TIME TO COMMIT CONTRADICTORY WAR CRIMES

Attached: underrail 2019-09-12 16-29-09-38.jpg (1920x1080, 303K)

A FREE shotgun, user. There's no catch. Just come and get it, as soon as you start the game.
Only requires like 15 persuasion.

I am thinking about restarting right now because I feel I will get filtert by Depot A. I wanna spec guns/evade/dodge/stealth/mechanics. Can I also spec persuasion and judaism or does it spread my points too much ?

>gray Spec Ops units
guys, this isn't fucking funny anymore

Yep. Flashbangs let you control where your enemies are, and safely gun them down peeking out from your cover.
Use incendiary when you want damage + blocking your enemies from entering an area.
Normal granades are kinda meh, at least for me I usually only use them against mechanical enemies/to finish off a few wounded ones

Yeah, tell you more, there is a DMR build, too. But you'll need stealth and ambush for that.

it looks about right. i would personally get 6 dex for grenadier+trigger happy.

electronics and crafted shields are seriously fucking great but it takes longer to catch up to store bought shields compared to mechanics.

if you haven't wrapped your brain around it already
standing on fire negates chill

Don't tell me you're the same guy who tried to fight off the Gray Army early on in the thread.

you need to wait until level 2 to ask for it unless you're a wizard

Very nice. Are there grenade feats ? Should you take them if you using SMG ?

Yeah, I wasn't doing that bad - all things considered - but these spec ops fuckers are just overkill.

One of those cunts did THREE bursts per turn. I can maybe burst one down, but there's also three others and those fucking dobermans on me.

Assault rifle or smg?

Attached: 1547293414818.jpg (750x750, 127K)

net has abysmal success chance if you didn't put points into throwing I assume and waiting for the cooldown and new gizkas is just tedious

>"shoot a rat with these bolts!"
>gives me bolts
>with no crossbow

t. illiterate ssethbabby

I told you man, you chose not to listen.

In the early game there is the Grenadier which reduces the cooldown for granades, and is very useful.
In The late game there is the commando which further reduces the cooldown for some types.
Remember, in case you are playing on Classic, you do NOT get xp for kills with granades.

Youre retarded

three pointer is pretty good too if you can afford to go all in on throwing

I'm gonna play odditiy because it's sounds interesting. But thanks for your help user.

Does anyone in this thread know where I might find an Armadillo class drill rotor circuit board?

>in case you are playing on Classic, you do NOT get xp for kills with granades.
That's... silly. Almost as silly as playing on classic, really.

You know there's this magical thing called "reading" that had you done you won't be making this post.

Attached: 1519310504924.png (474x245, 199K)

Oh yes, I got one. Just meet me in the back alley and don't tell noone.

i dunno try asking some of the people around in junkyard

cripplechan is still down?

You should always go full crafting, and depending on what kind of build you're making back off on one or two of the craft skills after a while. Like you probably realistically only need 20 or 30 tailoring unless you're a low con sort of build, and you're only going to need so much chemistry until you can make the cool grenades. Your crafted shield is almost certainly going to be way better than what you can get at a store, suit your needs better, and probably cheaper too, not that money really matters by the time you can get shields.

Still finding anti ddos so kikes dont take it down out of spite

>complete hathor/crossing on hard
>realize my build is garbage in core city
>try restarting on dominating
>ground to a halt in burrower hell
>too stubborn to give up on the challenge
i feel kind of like i ruined the game for myself lol

That's stupid. If I set you on fire and then dumped liquid nitrogen on you I bet you'd be pretty dead.

do suppressive fire and opportunist work together?

yes and they work within one burst so get both

>"shoot a rat with these bolts!"
The NPC never says that. He gives you 3 options on how to do it and bolts is just one of them.

All right, fuck it, I'll reload and come back once I'm stronger. Got any tips on what perks to pick for an AR burst build? My damage seems really random, sometimes it cuts shit down in one round, sometimes it barely does damage.

You can max 8 skills every level. So that's 7 right there. You should probably also work on the other crafting skills a bit, and throwing some, since you don't need to max those and grenades are really good. You also probably want to get hacking or lockpicking, but if you do you should max it every level. If you half ass lockpicking you're constantly going to be finding locks 15-30 points higher than your skill. Persuasion really isn't all that great, there's a few times where it can save you money or avoid a fight but it's not like in fallout where you can persuade fucking everyone to do anything.

to be fair, he says nothing of the locker if you succeed at the jewery check
which you can't do with max starting semitism but still

Hows playing a sneak thief with barely any combat skill but high perception, dexterity and int?

Attached: 1550196695798.jpg (3024x2939, 1.67M)

Painful.

>if you do you should max it every level
That's a serious overkill. Just use jackknife with mk3 lockpicks and mk3 haxxor.

Hey hey faggot

This is a combat oriented game first and foremost

is melee more fun than psi
how much can you get away with only using an iron pipe or crowbar instead of fancy swords and lazer axes

Would sneak thief with smg/pistol work then?

So what do I wear exactly on a dodge/evasion heavy guy?

What material should I be making my tabi shoes out of if I'm a heavy shotgun/sniper?

you wear a new character

every offensive skill works as long as you max it

Use boots with springs instead.

as a guy doing shotgun right now 3 con aint good shotgun is best semi close so you will take damage besides that my stats are almost the same

Any quick way to charge certain energy items other than right clicking batteries and draggin over to the item you wanna charge?

As in being frustrated with it's absolutely bullshit unfair mechanics. Stuff like full sword n board fighter with highest AC possible for that level +buffs getting 1-3 shotted by non boss mobs. At least 60% of the game's encounters are absolutely lethal if not prepared for, with no real warning of what's to come.

I'm thinking of an 8.6mm hornet with rapid reloader and a muzzle brake, but I'm sorta worried that I'm going to be reloading every other turn, which would get annoying. I'm gonna be a burst focused AR tincan.

Put the items and batteries in your quick bar.

>dodge/evasion
>heavy guy

Attached: 1562543628772.jpg (211x238, 9K)

im already at core city lad im doing fine I just want to get the most out of it

you already are getting the least out of it

I didn't mean heavy as in heavy build I meant as in stat heavy dodge/evasion yall can't read

>im already at core city
So you completed the tutorial, that's good to hear.

>heavy
>dodge/evasion

Attached: 1551626783167.jpg (414x720, 72K)

Leather armour
Cave Hopper leather armour boost Agility, which in turn also boosts dodge/evasion
Tabi boots, specially cave hopper tabi boots

damn how yall play this game if you cant read

ar, full metal armor, sky high constitution

I've heard of nimble super steel armor sloping tincans, but I have no idea if they're good or not or how they really work.

New thread

>Write like a pipeworker
>Complain about people not understanding you

Attached: 1563910090374.gif (235x150, 1.76M)

thanks. am i gonna need evade and dodge or are they worthless if you don't take their feats?

Well that's unlucky for you
I didn't have too many problems staying alive for most of the game but instead I had the opposite problem with nobody hitting anything
Not just my character but almost every character in the game (friends and foes) had trouble consistently landing hits
Valerie's duel with that paladin dude was especially bad, the two just stood in front of each not doing anything because both had too high ACs to overcome each other's defenses

is this another thinly veiled "go to /vg/" bait?

Moo

thanks works great

don't do that you pipeworker

how long is this game
I just died to the burrowers gorky warned me about seconds before and I'm already at level five of the twenty

I have a problem with crabs
Can someone help? The psychic ones aren't taking any damage

Attached: Carl_Brutananadilewski.jpg (600x450, 41K)

you'll need to get siphoner leather armor to maximize your dodging and evasion abilities (and eventually siphoner armor infused with super steel, so keep your mechanics high). there's a siphoner spawning ground just west of Junkyard.
You can take a hard look at the dodge/evasion feats, but the only ones that gets a lot of play is Nimble (you can read and do the math on that one) and Uncanny Dodge, which can get pretty nutty at high dodge levels.

have you tried methods that aren't mechanical or fire

they can be good on not dominating but you can get by without them if you play carefully and use lots of traps

I don't got much in the way of poison besides one set of burrower caltrops and ice doesn't do diddily dick
I tend to resolve must problems of this nature with molotovs