Why did you stop using your 3DS?

Why did you stop using your 3DS?

Lack of new games? Outdated tech? You're a fairweather son of a bitch who only cares about what's current and new?

Attached: new-3ds-xl-3[1].jpg (1280x853, 646K)

Other urls found in this thread:

3ds.hacks.guide
youtube.com/watch?v=ZbQT2Vke6Dg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I bought a Switch

I literally only use it to replay Fire Emblem Awakening. Also nice Little Mac amiibo, you have excellent taste.

Ain't my pic.

Although I have a complete collection of Woolly World Amiibos (including the big guy).

i'll be using mine for a while. the last real pokémon games are on it

I'm playing all these fan translated DQ games now while i wait for DQXIS. Summer was shit for Switch so I had to go to my 3DS and Vita backlog for refuge

I didn't know you could play Pokemon Showdown on the 3DS.

I have two and still go back to it once in awhile. Though all major titles I've played, and with it modded I once in awhile fuck around with games I never thought I'd buy.

This as well. You're talking about Black and white...right...not x and y...right? or sun and moon fuck I don't know

Plus Animal Crossing New Leaf is always fun to go back too.

Attached: 1508989324100.gif (720x540, 526K)

It's the perfect Ace Attorney machine, so I didn't.

But I still use mine, OP.
In fact, I play my Vita and my 3DS more than my Switch, simply because there's games that I missed that interest me more than what's being released on Switch.

>Why did you stop using your 3DS?
I didn’t, I just haven’t taken a picture of it lately.

Put over 100 hours into pic related since May and just got to Prison Island for the second time.

Attached: C88F101F-3747-45EE-834B-62967417030F.jpg (4032x3024, 1.56M)

to be honest, it might be because i pirated way too many games. i have nearly two screens full of games. i really want to go through the SMT series, and i only managed to beat 4. but i don't know, the piracy feel has gotten to me. so its collecting dust. i'm just so much more interested in my ps4 nowadays.

but i didn't

>Why did you stop using your 3DS?
One day my 3ds got like a black bar at the bottom of the top screen out of no where.

That's what happens when you have access to everything freely.

I've been playing dragon quest 8 on mine.

I put a bunch of Neo Geo and Capcom arcade games on it the other week.

yeah it feels bad, and at this point i don't even want to buy the games for it anymore. i was never that into piracy. i still liked to hack my consoles but it gets old after a while because it doesn't feel like i deserved them. i always prefer physical copies, but the 3DS hacks were too good to pass up.

I didnt. Just hopping between the vita trying different game.
Comfy fun systems, last of its kind.

Attached: 1522278356953.png (480x640, 563K)

I use my 3DS all of the time. I bought my og 3DS used from Gamestop for $60 last year, first thing I did was mod it and filled a 32gb sd card with like 20GB of games. I just beat Castlevania Circle of The Moon yesterday and just started Harmony of Dissonance.

On the topic of Harmony of Dissonance

>Two dash buttons
>Those swag forward dash and back dash animations

Juste is so slick.

Attached: 3d04121e6afb4ba8a05904f7f463fd49[1].jpg (1216x1600, 243K)

I've been focusing on switch, but once 3ds games start going for cheap on eBay I'll be using it again.

How easy is it to crack it and pirate games?
I wanna play monster hunter 4 so badly

3ds.hacks.guide
tl;dr if you have an old school DS flashcard or a decent graphics card you can do it on any firmware, and more options are available on older firmwares too

After abandoning it for almost two years I dug it out and started playing Tomodachi Life again

Can you play online games doe? Is nintendo still trying to catch folks?
I havent turned on the wifi out of paranoia since last year.

I'm job hunting and I borrowed a sibling's Switch for FE3H, but once I get a job and a normal schedule I'll play on the 3DS again.

My hands cramp when playing my 3DSXL for longer than 15 minutes or so. It's so thin.

Attached: Capture.png (644x355, 160K)

But I didn't.

Just finished the main story of Yo-Kai Watch 3, onto Post Game now. Also, I have Rune Factory 4 waiting in the backlog.

I still use it to browse and post on Yea Forums

but I haven't stopped, I still have a backlog of 3DS and DS games to play
currently playing super mario 3d land, have metroid samus returns lined up next

The 3DS was disappointing compared to the DS. If you like JRPGs, then it's a good device though.

>Worst Mario Kart
>Mediocre Pokemon/Remake
>No good Sonic games
>No Call of Duty or online shooters except KI: Uprising
>No Gamecube ports

It was fun with MH4U, Uprising, and RE: Revelations. But after the first 2 years, big budget games left and we only had ports and shovelware left. And the N3DS only has Xenoblade Chronicles.

Miiverse, AR cards, Amiibo, and Streetpass was garbage on day 1. It got better after the 3DS had homebrew, but on it's own, it's soulless compared to the DS or even the GBA.

Attached: 18epxqxlez621.jpg (600x497, 74K)

I still play mine while im on the toilet.

hey streetpass wasn't soulless fuck you

100% your puzzle pieces from the outside of the city in current year is impossible. And you'll get 10s of repeats before you get a new one from coin RNG.
The message system is more limited than Twitter and you can't interact with miis other than games that are cheaper than chinese smartphone free-to-plays. Why do you think all of that was abandoned with the Switch? It's bloatware on a worthless OS from 2011.

I have big fucking hands, so playing on handhelds is incredibly uncomfortable

i'm still using my 3DS to play final fantasy pictlogica but i only haven't finished it by now because of the ridiculous wait times to unlock new areas that i don't feel like cheating to get rid of.

>pirate games
>feeling uninterested because too many games
>inb4 poorfag
For all of Yea Forums who has huge Steam backlogs or bought games that they never took out the case, that's sad. Piracy isn't the issue, greed is. Stop buying games for a year and finish your backlogs. Same goes for pirates who download the entire catalog.

nogames

key word being "wasn't". Streetpass's time is over and you've got no chance of getting the pink puzzle pieces now, but it was comfy fun for me to take to uni every day and I was able to 100% the puzzles back when it was relevant

>Streetpass' time is over
That's the point. It shouldn't BE over. PSN is and will be on the PS5. Steam chat isn't going anywhere. Xbox Live is guaranteed to continue.
Yet Nintendo cancels all social functions like Miiverse, Streetpass, Swapnote, and Flipnote online. Now the Switch can't even do dedicated voice chat functions. It is soulless with barely any friend interaction online.

I played most of the games I wanted to play on it. If I want to play oot on the go again I’ll bring it with me

Lost it

It's not accurate to compare streetpass to PSN or a chat service, that's not what it was ever meant to be. You should be complaining about miiverse for that.

I have the original 3ds and love it but i find it difficult to play for long periods as it makes my hands fall asleep after 30 min to an hour of play. Also happens on the switch sometimes. Nintendo controllers too small. No problems with any others.

Also the shoulder buttons suck ass and always break/fill with dust so it basically stopped me from fully enjoying smash4.

I dunno but imagine using a 240p in 2020 there's just something wrong about that

Attached: 1568083984583.png (1920x1080, 922K)

But I still play it. In fact I've ONLY been playing Persona Q all day

I oppened it to try and fix an issue it had and accidentally made the top screen stop working

Mario Kart 7 was way better than DS, also it did get Luigi's Mansion towards the end. I don't think I've ever played a good Sonic handheld game though, dimps is a shit dev and sega can do better.

Haven't. Playing through DQ8 right now and its pretty dang good. I've got mine hacked and have a flashcard - so many great games to go back and enjoy with /comfy/ handhelds. Life is good.

Attached: IMG_1234.jpg (4032x3024, 2.37M)

Hows fates? Played the shit out of Awakening even though it wasnt a great Fire Emblem in retrospective

I got halfway through hacking it and then got distracted
I refuse to buy games.

Now I have no idea where I am in the process or what that process even is anymore. It's just easier to emulate on PC I guess. Other than all the bullshit timer based mechanics and online shit (fuck you Bravely X)

we got boys out here using a 720p tablet that cant even run most of its games at said resolution

i just started rune factory 4 and im having a blast, Im not that far into the game yet though, I have been taking it slow leveling up my crops and forging to make some good weapons for the long haul. Just unlocked dolce and just pumping flan into her to boost her affection for marriage.

literally no games worth playing over games i can play on my pc except that one series i got it for which is now on pc too

Attached: 1539806324719.jpg (3280x3672, 828K)

I bought a 2DSXL this year just for Animal Crossing and I've been having a lot of fun. It really helps with the lonliness, even if the characters aren't real. What other chilled out games are there for the system?

Attached: IMG_20190912_152332~2.jpg (4160x3120, 3.06M)

Sonic Advance series
Sonic Rush series + Colors DS exist

Generations 3ds, Lost World 3ds, and the Boom games was shit.

MKDS had mission mode and all the fun battle stages come from that game. Also best rainbow road and no segment races.

i didn't faggot, but i wish it would release some other games, but it's dead now

When I bought a Switch but it was good while it lasted

It's not remotely ergonomic, and the sub HD screen is painful to look at. I'm from the camp that always felt the two screen thing was retarded and we should have had a proper GBA successor (which the switch is)

I didn't

I'm just playing games on other systems right now. I'm due for an Omega Ruby playthrough and want to go back through Fire Emblem and Ocarina of Time

my battery got fucked and i'm too lazy to look for a new one

> proper GBA successor (which the switch is)
Except the GBA didn't rely on gimmicks. The Switch isn't 1080 like smaller smartphones, that alone is a turn off. Lack of power, battery life, and terrible removable controllers is bad. It's the Wii 3.

My GBC gets more love than any of my other handhelds, the Switch included. Actually, I'm not a huge fan of the entire DS line. I mean I still have them in my collection, but eh.

I still use it for monster hunter

Didn't touch it for a couple years but 3H got me into FE so I'm using it again.

Came to post this

I've exhausted the 3DS library of what I wanted and I use a standard DS emulator on my phone to play what I missed

I never did, this entire year was basically spent playing through PXZ2 whenever I was on the toilet. I also finished Mighty Switch Force which was a lot of fun. Thinking of playing through Dark Moon for the first time even though I bought it back in 2014 or so.

Gonna move over Bravely Default and give that a try next, it's been on my watch list for a couple of years now and I never did buy it, so now is the perfect time to give it a shot.

Shame the game becomes so much of a chore as it goes on. Two castles was a mistake and the placement of warp points make it even worst.. Aria is the best GBA Castlevania so have fun when you get to it and make sure you get the good ending, also, don't play the GB ones. They're not worth it.

GBA compatibility is fantastic though, went though FF5 and FF6 on it last year and it was a blast.

Attached: 1567835432321.jpg (848x1024, 74K)

Im replaying all the Pokemon games in nuzlocke mode so Ive been using mine a lot

I still play animal crossing and MH3U on mine.
When Switch mini comes out I might actually retire my N3DS.

I still use mine. Currently playing The Alliance Alive.

Attached: Tiggy The.Alliance.Alive.jpg (600x596, 64K)

Mine just turned into a Pokémon machine. I have all Pokémon games installed.

I still play. The library is so huge I will probably never stop playing.

I just installed Astro Boy: Omega Factor on mine, that's why I made this thread and got to thinking about it.

bros share me your eo nexus guild cards

don't forget it actually compliments you when you pick up boss orbs in a stylish way.
it's still the shittiest handheld castlevania though.

Yea Forumsros I need some help, a friend of mine offered me his basically unused 3ds XL for 50 euros. I dont know though if getting a New 2ds would be better or not.
So redpill me on the New 3/2ds models and tell me if which one I should buy.

but i still play that game

>No good Sonic games

What an oxymoron

I don't like the 2DSXL's wobbly top screen
youtube.com/watch?v=ZbQT2Vke6Dg