Ending is so bad that localized versions change it

>ending is so bad that localized versions change it
have any other games done this?

Attached: rcg.jpg (920x518, 147K)

explain to me pls

U.S ending: the girls are just deluded exes and the guys they're rescuing don't even remember their names. The guys weren't kidnapped, they were just spending the day on a sauna.
Japan ending: They're boyfriends and girlfriends. The guys weren't kidnapped; they just rented a car to pick up girls

Attached: 123aa.jpg (198x234, 13K)

obvious spoilers, but:

the US ending pretty much amounts to a fourth-wall breaking joke about how the girls actually aren't with the boys and they're delusional. (making fun of the fact that Riki and Kunio's girlfriends sometimes change per game, because of inconsistency) and the entirety of the game was basically for nothing.
the JP ending just paints the guys as bad boyfriends who ignore the girls and try to pick up others, like Mami and Hasabe
neither ending explains why Kyoto was randomly texted a picture of the guys being "kidnapped" and why.

why did they make this instead of a new kunio sports title?

I bet the photo was faked by Mame and Hasabi just to trick them into going around and getting beat up.

I like the ending, my problem is how they make it happen after a fight like we are missing a whole level worth of encounters. Did they ran put of time to make a proper public bath level?

>trash game also has trash story
wew

Is this game good? Or at least fun?

>have any other games done this?
Not sure if FE Fates counts but the localization did change some of the very few things that were interesting in the story because Treehouse thought Americans were too retarded to be able to read French, Japanese and Chinese names and they removed a lot of mentions of child abuse even though that's like half of the characters' backstory.

>american game
>it includes cuckoldry
as expected from america.

based japanese localizers ignoring fagforward's ""story""

Doesn't the original trailer show the guys being beat up and thrown into a van by a bunch of cops? Did the girls just imagine that?

It's not cops, and the beginning of the game still has them getting sent a text with them being forced into a van so it's really fucking dumb and makes no sense.

This can't be real...

The opening of the game shows the boys getting beat up, tied up, and thrown into a van. It also shows them on a date with Misako and Kyoko. The text Kyoko gets at the beginning of the game shows the boys stepping into the van on their own (though looking reluctant). I don't know what explanation there is for the difference between the text and the clip from the opening/trailer showing them getting captured. Some people explain away the date scene by pointing out that they boys seem disinterested in the girls and theorize that it's actually a bad first date and they never hung out again after that.

Da fuck does any of this has to with cuckoldry, you paranoic imbecile? If anythign the JP ending has more "cuckoldry" elements since it paints the boyfriends as cheaters who go around picking up other girls.

I just don't think it fits very well to have Kunio and Riki try to pick up Mami and Hasebe after all the cut-scenes showing you that Mami and Hasebe are massive cunts.

why they had to change the story or was there a discrepancy between them about the theme of the game then they had to change the story of US version?

The joke in the US ending is that the game our heroines were from never came out west.
Obviously doesn't make much sense in Japanese dialogue.

Retard.

Attached: 231321442214241.jpg (1280x720, 113K)

Do you prefer playing as Kyoko or Misako?
They could be cunts only when they're talking to main girls

>these two washboards gets plowed by the two apex males of their school every night

Doesn't make any sense. The ArcSys rep coming in and "correcting" the dev team about who were the real GFs fucked everything up, especially since they still got it half-wrong.
All you had to do was establish the story was a direct sequel to Tachi no Banka and then
>Girls mistook the photo of Kunio+Riki getting into a friend's van as them being "kidnapped"
>The opening animated movie was the girls' imaginations running wild after seeing the photo; the guys didn't actually get jumped by the cops
>Hasebe (a girl who is actually infatuated with Kunio) was the one who sent the photo to lead the girls on a wild goose chase through the city
>Mami is on Hasebe's side since Riki dumped her for Kyoko in this "timeline"
>True ending has the girls learn Hasebe's plan
>Hasebe+Mami are in the skyscraper because she's spying on Kunio+Riki who are just below
>Window kick and then stumble upon the guys in the spa
>Kunio+Riki still brush them off (don't even need to change the fucking comic/video ending) because they are overbearing girlfriends and the guys just wanted to take a day off
>The end

The game/story was mostly done when an ArcSys representative showed up to check on the game. He said something along the lines of "oh, you used the 'other girls'" which made the writers (who apparently were going only off of Tachi no Banka) panic and do a quick rewrite. They fucked up a second time, assuming Hasebe is Kunio's girl when the most common pairings if you go with all Kunio games combined would be Kunio+Misako and Riki+Mami.

The game is fun but it’s somewhat riddled with western onions (bad YouTuber VAs, characters that doesn’t fit even for the hodgepodge of a cast the game already have, etc).

Only way to fix the story is to remove the boyfriends altogether

They literally play the same.

So?

Good taste. Flat is superior

smug flat is justice!

I tried Misako a little bit after finishing the game with just Kyoko. It feels like Misako's headbutt has a harder time knocking enemies out of the air after her 3-hit light combo than Kyoko's heavy kick did.

>remove the boyfriends
>make them lesbian
just imagine.

>Western Ending
>The "girlfriends" are violent are delusional
>Japan Ending
>The boyfriends are cheating assholes
Are you sure that it's not the reverse?

the only thing that's keeping me away from this game is the price tag
is it worth it?

Attached: Episode 27 - Boogey-Mania.mp4_snapshot_19.03_[2015.11.25_09.11.00].png (480x360, 268K)

It actually isn't.

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:8bc3d742d74026958ab5b32d79fb5b83bdc93556&dn=River.City.Girls-DARKSiDERS&tr=http%3A%2F%2Ftracker.trackerfix.com%3A80%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2F9.rarbg.me%3A2730&tr=udp%3A%2F%2F9.rarbg.to%3A2780
use that or the google doc

Only for twenty bucks at best.

That's kinda surprising desu

>Wayforward are fucking retards
Wow what a surprise.

So is anyone actually going to post the JP ending or are we all just gonna blindly believe OP?

Attached: 1470096006341.jpg (1268x713, 51K)

They already did faggot

Almost all retarded localisations (all) do it, nothing to do if the ending/game is good or not. Just to push americuck agenda.

why are you so retarded user? are you american right huh ? huh? huh?

Attached: RCG_manga_05_ALT_japanese_1.webm (437x240, 2.89M)

Why did they bother with all this dumb shit for a story that doesn't even make sense? It'd be better if they were just cute gays together.

I meant evidence the ending fucking exists, dumbass.
You know, like this user posted.

It's fake. As always user is counting on no one dong the translation to check.

guess OP was full of shit after all

So the final few panels were changed to (paraphrased)
>Kunio: Whoa shit, why are YOU here?
>Girls: We thought you were kidnapped, stuffed into a van blah blah blah
>Kunio: Who got kidnapped?
>Riki: I dunno.
>Riki: That was just a production van picking us up.
>Kunio: Ah some of those high school girls we passed were pretty good looking.
Not "cheating" or anything, just the two guys being nonchalant about the girls showing up, and Kunio making some passing statement which pissed off Misako&Kyoko.

Who the fuck plays a beat em up game for the story kek.

it's okay, worth a pirate not a buy
there's nothing really bad but a lot of smaller obnoxious things that add up making it worse than it should be

do i pick kyoko or misako

>people complain that they have boyfriends
>ending reveals that they actually don't
why is this a problem again

Because them having boyfriends made me move onto the other two, and now THEY have boyfriends
Also lusting after Chad is as bad as being with him

Anyone else keep accidentally moving back to the previous area when trying to fight against the enemies that rush you as soon as you enter a place? I keep having to consciously make sure I get away from the doorway before starting to fight or else I'll enter it on accident because it has the same button as punching.

No, I'm not retarded and naturally do what you consciously do.

die fujoshit

google doc?