Nioh 2

youtu.be/fFDnUkiZQZ0
Enemy design and variety looks so much better. The goat demon looks awesome.

Attached: nioh-2-normal-hero-desktop-01-ps4-us-14aug19.jpg (3215x1580, 1.23M)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atsumori_(play)#Famous_verse
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Rape horse
Oh no not again.

lots of neat yokai
how was nioh 1? what about sekiro?

Should i pirate nioh 1 on pc?

sekiro is one of the best 8th gen games.
Nioh is good.

in what does sekiro excel?

The alpha demo for 2 left me feeling like I was playing Nioh one again. Don't recall if there were new enemies, but shit felt the same.
Nioh is alright. For an action game, I dislike that it relies so much on stats and I hate the Diablo loot system. Each new level of the game is really fucking hard if you don't level up William enough because most things will one or two-shot you. Post-game challenges are fucking stupid, like taking two bosses at once, or three boss fights in a row.
Sekiro is my GOTY currently. It has a lot of challenge, but parrying is fun. The story is quite cool and I have enjoyed seeing all the videos that contextualize all the Jap lore in the game. Plus, I love how fast the game feels, reminds me of BB.

where can I watch TGS?

Can't wait to see Uesugi Kenshin and Takeda Shingen

Is Nioh 2 basically an extended version of the first one with a custom character and some graphical improvements?

The levels are really ugly

Yes, but no graphical improvements if you ask me. It looks the same.

yup sounds about right

Ah yes, the first of many shitty Sekiro clones looking to chase the next big trend.

@477705028
No (You) for today

>song from Nioh 1
seriously? I can smell copy paste all over this game. God fucking dammit.
also where the FUCK is the kusarigama?

>where the FUCK is the kusarigama
it was the least popular weapon type, please understand

I like this, reminds me of the good old Onimusha days.

How can it be? It was the best weapon that has every tool in the game plus it’s edgy and edgy weapons are usually popular

how is this game a sekiro clone?

Not that it needs to look better anyway.

Because I want (You)’s and I hate this board

combat mechanics.

sure, why not?

nips prefer katanas and spears

A FUCKING CATGIRL ON WHEELSKELETONS

>people will for this bait

Well since this thread is here, what the fuck is up with my Nioh? The prologue in the London prison looked gorgeous, but now that I'm in Japan the game looks like ass. I didn't change a fucking thing. It's like the internal resolution was lowered. I don't necessarily mind since I'm more in it for the combat, but wtf?

Btw the combat is really neat, but hopefully unlocking more moves opens it up quite a bit. Dual tonfas are the shit.

Attached: nioh 2019-09-12 00-48-09-076.png (1920x1080, 2.77M)

>How can it be?
It's kinda boring to use. Not as bad as lmao2kat or katana, but still doesn't feel great.

>Odachi made it
>Kusa didn’t
I’m sorry Kusa bros

Cool, I want to play as a cute girl this time.

Attached: 228616000138373053710716.png (331x316, 144K)

based

an entirely reactionary combat system with no room for player agency is excellent?

Literally everything over Nioh

?

>an entirely reactionary combat system
?
>with no room for player agency is excellent
????

worked fine on my ps4

are you able to articulate a sentence?

stop parroting youtube opinions

>reactionary
That word does not mean what you think it means.

wait, did they ACTUALLY take out kusarigama? That and 2kat were the only weapons I used. Fucking dropped.

kusarigama? more like kusorigama lol

looks like the kind of meme game that's taylor-made for reddit

my bad, I meant reaction based. but you knew that didn't you?

ODACHI CHADS UNITE

I have played the game and avoided as much as possible any content regarding it, the few I've read were all positive.
now it's your turn to write something original

>that catgirl
hnnngggg my peeeenis

Oh, so it's a prequel. We get to fight alongside based Nobunaga.

Is my gal Fuku in this

That was a DLC weapon in the first game. It's also a retarded weapon that doesn't work in real life, you might as well be asking for scythes.

>monkey boss
uh oh

Attached: 48717538497_f4a08e93a7_c.jpg (800x450, 135K)

>kusaraigami
Is it so hard to call it kunai with chain? If I have to Google a weapon type to find out what it is that is bad game design

if nobunaga is so based why did he die

Cause Akechi Mitsuhide was a faggot.

his underlings got jealous at his constant winning

He was too based to live.

Here's your new weapon type

Attached: 1560857520052.webm (728x408, 426K)

>Is it so hard to call it kunai with chain?
No, it's just longer, gayer, generally dumber

Maybe we can finally get that Lu Bu boss fight this time. Why was he absent from the first game anyway?

And more importantly than all that, it's not a kunai

>samurai fantasy action game
It's all the same shit. Seen one game, seen them all.

I have news for you pal most japanese swords are crap so if you wanna take something out because it 'doesn't work' then you may as well have the game take place entirely in england

that makes me sad

Really hyped, looks fantastic. Way more variety than the first.

favourite game user?

>we didn't get to tear his head off in 1
I'm still upset.

Attached: 1528477605070.png (512x512, 130K)

really feels like nioh 1.5

What does that even mean

I just need real co-op from the start
No more of this 'you have to beat the level first'

>share dumb opinion
>throw "game design" into it to provide a false sense of intelligence
Classic underage b& move.

>Every female Yokai shown thus far has massive tits, even the Wheel Neko-chan
Absolutely based.

>No more of this 'you have to beat the level first'
But that wasn't a thing in the first one either.

>every soulslike has to have a catgirl now
>code vein has one
>nioh 2 has one
>surge 2 fucking has one

Nobunaga didn't die. She survived Honnoji and escaped. Then Akechi Mitsuhide survived Yamazaki and the two of them lived happily ever after in Europe. I saw it on TV.

Attached: onna_nobunaga.jpg (640x343, 32K)

Nioh 2 huh I guess we're finally gonna go get Mar-
>it's a prequel

Attached: Maria_Nioh_Golden_Era.jpg (1920x1080, 191K)

Life expectancy drops substantially when you befriend black guys

>Mitsuhide killed Nobunaga because he hated niggers

Getting beat up by a spanish ninja loli!

Did you accidentally toggle on the "action mode/cinematic mode" or whatever? It has a setting that lowers resolution to achieve higherframerate automatically

Kusa was in the base game
Odachi and Tonfa were DLC weapons

I played the DLC immediately after I finished the NG, when you need to do a NG+ to actually manage some of it. She was pushing my shit in for good two days before I managed to kill her.

Why is everyone so autistic about custom characters? Are we not allowed to have set characters for story anymore?

Because i want to make my own cute anime girl. Also its not like Geralt had much of a personality considering he barely talked

Did you know that William in Nioh was based on a person in real life and the game is a retelling of how he fought giant monsters, homunculuses, ninjas and Nobunaga's ghost?

Wrong. NG+ certainly helps but I've beaten the DLC twice on flat NG. It definitely is tricky though.

>it's tricky
how? just do sloth, attack up, living weapon and you win any bossfight on NG, dlc bosses included

I know. But fucking trannies and weebs alike don't give a ahit and go REEEEEEEEE WHY I CAN'T MAKE AUGOI OPPAI WAIFU!
It's cringe as fuck and ruins games. Happened with Nioh and happened with Surge. Tell trannies to shut the fuck up and don't sacrifice narrative to hamfist in unnecessary character customization. Learn to play as a Man or don't play at all.

You can still get the same shit as a defined character as with a custom character. Just change the gender pronouns. Why cant people have fun in a game and make silly donuts if the story is going to 3end the same regardless?

cute

Attached: Screenshot_20190911-140146~2.png (1758x1080, 1.31M)

Ah that was probably it. Thanks.

you know with customization you can also make different looking male characters?

Nioh is has some major flaws like the loot system but is overall still great.
Sekiro is just a disappointment.

How about playing a preset normally and customize throughout the game? Why does everything need your retarded sliders? Worked well enough since Fable.

kill yourself faggot

You'll do that once NRT wears off in your early 30's Tranny.

>Just play one way in this ARPG bro

My first run was no onmyo, C agility, axe/tank guy. I made it much harder on myself by doing this but it can be done.

I liked William but his story is over.
My favorite moment was when he cornered Kelley in that cave. "Give her back, now." and he holds out his hand like he really expects Kelly to do it.

What a goofy guy. He actually had a few funny scenes in the game but that one always stuck out to me

Yeah, that shows how little you know. Sloth lasts for two seconds at the endgame and in DLC. It doesn't help any.

Oh yes please again

helped me enough that I killed bosses by just spamming left click

>worked for fable
No it did not. It was a shit game.
Give me playable waifus instead

i'm not a tranny
but you are a faggot
kill yourself

Why are you so triggered by sliders? If it worked for Fable why aren't Fable games being made?

lol tranny

Ok, it's tricky if you limit yourself on what you use.

I'm talking about preset characters you retard. And it has been done like Witcher 3. But surpise surprise trannies and weebs keep going off about MUH CHARACTER CUSTOMIZATION REEEEEE that sequels and other games are either removing it entirely or forcefully adding it in like Cyberpunk, Nioh 2 and The Surge 2.

>trannies keep going off about MUH CHARACTER CUSTOMIZATION REEEEEE
Like you're doing right now?

It's not a song from Nioh 1, are you retarded?

I don't even get what the fuck is your point in your second sentence. Cyberpunk was supposed to be a role-playing game based on the paper rpg but then they retconned it to be an action game. Do you want them to remove sliders now???
How is customization added forcefully in Nioh 2? The game isn't about a person from history so why is it a problem? It's not like William had much personality in 1 except from getting his spirit back.
Didn't play surge so can't comment on that, don't like sci-fi aesthethic.

>an entirely reactionary combat system

That's the most retarded criticism I've ever read. What's modern 'progressive' combat design then? You want the game to be a fucking walking simulator?

Attached: absolutely disgusting.jpg (240x320, 44K)

Have you guys even played Sekiro? Outside of the initial ambush, there's almost no room for proactive gameplay.

Confirmed characters so far:
>Oda Nobunaga
>Toyotomi Hideyoshi (Kinoshita Tokichiro)
>Takenaka Hanbei
>Maeda Toshiie
>Shibata Katsuie
>Oichi
>Mumyo (the new OC donut steel girl)

Akechi Mitsuhide is essential and young Tokugawa Ieyasu is all but confirmed. Would also be neat to see Takeda Shingen, Uesugi Kenshin and Matsunaga Hisahide.

>felt like replaying nioh a few weeks back
>suddenly 80 GB
>fuck me, since when?
>download and cripple my net for half a day
>using kb + m but all buttons ingame still use controller layout
>beat tower and uninstall again

Attached: 1428391051438.png (211x198, 69K)

no I want the game to be shaped by the player's action and promote offense
simon says is not good combat

Fucking retarded subhuman, you wouldn't know good combat even if it hit you in the face with a baseball bat since the day you were born.

Can you locate and timestamp them within the recent trailer?

Isn't it all kinda pointless? We know Nobunaga dies.

Literally don't stop swinging and only parry when swing. Between swings you can get in a prosthetic or two like sabimaru, axe, gouging top, etc. If your enemy doubles back, gouging top or spear his ass and slash to close the gap. You can also stop swings before they land with Exorcism Strikes since they come out so fast. Stop being dumb and experiment.

You could always just play fighting games.

Attached: 1550098709531.png (483x595, 329K)

>Nobunaga
0:20 (Battle of Okehazama), 1:21
>Hideyoshi
0:13, 1:14
>Hanbei, Toshiie, Katsuie, Oichi (in order)
0:31
>Mumyo
1:29

If the game also has more interesting looking levels than the first one and better level design, I'm 100% sold.

Thanks a lot user

If you think about it, all humans die eventually and none of this will ever matter.

Journey
Not the destination

oh I do friend, my favorites are guilty gear and virtua fighter
sadly where I live people play fifa and league of legends and my internet is shit so I can't quite dedicate all my time to them

Eh, I unironically think soon some rich fags won't die.

So gameplay wise it's literally just the first one but with devil trigger?

Aww, that's sucks.

are you a slav?

Is the guy at 0:17 and 1:14 Akechi Mitsuhide? Or it's (You) the player?

nope I'm italian
slavs have good internet I hear

Ye, but in slavland people mostly play lol and fifa too.

nobunaga didnt died
he became the demons

Famitsu list him as 主人公 (protagonist). But since you're sharing a name with Hideyoshi, I imagine you'll be doing some of the stuff he did as well.

based

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atsumori_(play)#Famous_verse

you have to beat the level to help someone else, makes co-oping with your friends impossible

I hope you can still glamor as NPCs, I like a lot of their designs.

Source of the famitsu magazine?

just coop it twice

STILL NO FUCKING WORD ON OPEN ALPHA
WHAT THE FUCK ARE THEY DOING

Attached: 1460705292898.gif (800x800, 2.59M)

www.famitsu.com/news/201909/12183042.html

Mumyo is Okatsu's mother

who's the father

Neat. Thank you again user.

Nioh is a great game with in-depth gameplay that's incredibly fun to master. It has a few major flaws like lack of enemy/stage variety, and builds being boring (have tons of cool combos and deep mechanics, but the 'optimal' playstyle is often spamming a single move).

Sekiro has very different combat but it's fun in a different way. It's less of a gear check and more of a 'git-gud' game. Story and setting are better in that game. Gameplay would get a slightly lower score than Nioh from me, though it's completely different.

Sure. You can always buy it if you like it instead of wasting money if you don't. Or don't buy it, I don't really care. Online aspect is a bit lackluster anyway.

me_

nice

Yeah, I'm hyped and hope they've improved many more things. But one thing I don't like is how they made dual axes. Like, seriously? Of all the weapons you could do and time is wasted on that? Lame. Still hyped though.

>no argument
>just insults
Kek'd. Based fromdrones. I like Sekiro, but it's not as good as you're making it out to be. The combat is dull as fuck after the first playthrough because there's nothing more to it.

No you don't.
Do Yokai Realm with Companion.
Dumb mother fucker.

This is actually a really clever story setup
This way you can be right in the middle of all historical events while still being incognito since all your achiemenents are shared with a sandal bearer

>you're sharing a name with Hideyoshi
We're on the wrong side of history now? Fuck.

I feel like by the end we will confront and kill him

>You will kill him during Korea invasion while the rest of his vassals watch helplessly
Based

>starts as an underdog and your bro
>becomes progressively more drunk with power as he ages
>rapes Tachibana's wife among other things
>MC gets fed up and murders him after some sort of ideological clash
This setup is honestly amazing.

Attached: 1539312409417.jpg (1920x1080, 130K)

fuck that sounds kino

based adhd user

Just like that Ghost of Tranny-shima by suckerpunch doesn't matter anymore.

Attached: 1538152617860.jpg (800x1107, 472K)