Admit it, Piranha Plant is a fun addition

Admit it, Piranha Plant is a fun addition.

Attached: E172D26E-64E5-4361-8890-53C06F4F1002.jpg (1200x800, 132K)

Actually no. He sucks and literally no one wanted him.

I played him a bit before Banjo was out and consistently gave my buddies the run-around with ptooie

They never picked up on the whole height=travel arc thing

Fun is subjective

I didn’t want him, but I think he’s refreshing and actually damn fun to play, he’s one of my secondaries for sure.

Nope. Annoying to fight, horrible moveset, truly uninspired rep. If I wanted a meme character I would rather play Game and Watch or Wii Fit Trainer. Screw the plant.

>477696929 (OP)
The worst character added to smash.

Ridley's the funnest.

>Poison gas takes people from 0 to 70 in the blink of an eye
>Spike ball fucks nerds on and off stage
>Long Neck Style fucks nerds who go for the spike when they’re above you

Eat ass haters, this guy is fun as hell
This grass smokes you

Attached: B236DC78-47E3-4ECB-99B4-4DBB1F4122D2.jpg (750x799, 125K)

I agree. His moveset is really unique and fun. Sometimes I like fun.

Also, spikeballing someone off the screen will never get boring.

Stupid reprehensible tasteless faggot. The revulsion loops back around into sympathy.

I didn't know I wanted him before I got him
He's genuinely fun to play and Smash needed a joke character

I keep forgetting he's on the roster because no one plays as him

>Reddit plant

Attached: a1071560507_10.jpg (1200x1200, 206K)

Wii Fit and Duck Hunt were better joke characters

the only dlc that's in low tier. also, the only free dlc.
coincidence?

fuck dlc bullshit framedata

He has some of the worst framedata in the game, yeah.

Meanwhile Joker and Hero have moves that come out instantly lol

Yea Forums plant is a social reject.
a degenerate plant with no friends.

ya, im guessing reddit plant is better

>tfw people keep going for the poison gas/neck fakeout combo but keep forgetting his head is a easy counter opportunity and his neck still counts as a hurtbox
>mfw throwing out free mii brawler counters and yanking plants from the other side of the stage, all the while dropping shotputs on their neck when they try to hit me offstage
you guys need better material

Attached: images.jpg (225x225, 10K)

Attached: WuiDAi1.jpg (750x750, 349K)

If we got a meme character it should have been Tetris block

Attached: 365964F7-5B78-464F-A8AC-B65FF75274F8.jpg (749x780, 66K)

Any addition is a "fun" addition
You faggots have low standards
How about a competitive viable addition you fucking casuals?

up

He's fun incarnate... THAT'S for sure!

P-ran's a wacky, smug, silly plant monster and he KNOWS it! I would have fed all my friends and family to him if he was the plant in "Little Shop of Horrors".

Nigga he is competitively viable. Just awful frame data.

Yes.

wiggler wouldve been better

This. He's pretty simple but actually playing him is a joy, especially after the recent buffs.

A waste of time and resources, easily the worst first party character ever added.

If I had to pick a mook to be playable I would have went with Shyguy as a Yoshi character or a Waddle Dee

No point to his inclusion besides UHHHH WE NEEDED A JOKE CHARACTER but also it's from one of the most represented franchises on the roster so it lacks any kind of compelling traits

>””””””competitive”””””” Smash
Cuh
Ringe

Yep, he's great. Not anybody's first choice for a roster pick but his moveset is way different from everyone else's, it makes him very fun to play as.

It was obvious from the beginning that the only appeal of Piranha Plant was the 'wtf' factor, and now that it's worn off the and the character has completely dropped off of the face of the planet it's safe to say that the assertion was completely correct.

only good move it has is its massive neutral B that can be thrown just about anywhere and lingers on the ground dropped by memers on day 2 after it was launched

Attached: 1546329108772.png (666x432, 286K)

>WAAAAAA WHERES MUH ISSAC AND GENO ITS NOT FAIR

Attached: 1568244933762.jpg (196x250, 7K)

but i wanted wiggler

I didn't want him because the thought never crossed my mind, but I was all for him once he was announced. Very glad for him to be here. And I love playing him, I absolutely jumping off the edge and aiming a good down special to kill someone nice and early.

he's fun to play but he could have been any other character
Poochy could have had most of his moves and been an actual character and a much needed 2nd Yoshi rep

Smash players don't care about actual movesets it seems. How anyone thinks Shiek with a comeback mechanic is somehow an acceptable addition but Plant is not is beyond me.
It's all name recognition bullshit.
Same thing happened with Incineroar despite him being both well designed and completely unique gameplay wise.
Sometimes Sakurai just wants to make something other than whatever generic junk fans are clamoring for. How is that so hard to understand?

>Playing casual smash
Basically outing yourself as a pedo

None of those would work like Plant. You people are fucking dumb.

Are you impying they don’t have moveset potential? If so then you might be a fucking retard

Still the only DLC with no reused assets.
Cope.

It's based on Bowser Jr.

I wouldn't know, despite pre ordering the game long ago I was never given her and I'm sure as hell not paying 5 dollars

Attached: 1563126004896.jpg (1200x1208, 434K)

Every addition is a fun one imo and I couldn't care less about series like Persona and characters like Joker and I never caught on to Banjo Kazzooie when I was a kid. So the only addition so far I sonewhat had an attachment to was Hero and that's only because I've played Dragon Warrior 3 on NES as a teenager and I have somewhat of an attachment to the figure of Erdrick which is categorically the only skin I accept to use for Hero. Otherwise I care even less about Dragon Quest than I do Persona.
So far the only Character I am REALLY excited for is Terry. Half of it because of my Capcom VS SNK 2 roots and the other half because of broken engrish memes from back when me and my buds kept shouting Terry quotes at eachother 12 years ago.

Aside from that, I find this Pack to be out of my taste and, yet, I still feel happy for every of these iconic inclusions. Why the fuck can't rosterfags get their head out of their fucking ass and stop thinking about "ME ME ME ME MY TASTES MY FAVORITES MY WAIFU MEMEMEME PLEASE ME AND ONLY ME!!!!!" ?

The only people who are fine with the way Joker was handled ARE non-Persona fans.
You have no idea just how uninspired his moveset is.
That's what's so frustrating about people who don't give a shit about the source material speaking on others behalf.
Imagine how you'd feel if Terry had none of his signature moves yet people who didn't know better praised it.

have not seen a single plant since like a week after his release. From what I understand his whole appeal is "he makes rosterfags mad"

Should have been playable Master Hand desu

Attached: 1565063357873.png (1500x1500, 183K)

Should've been Assist Trophy

>How about a competitive viable addition you fucking casuals?

Attached: 1554129903744.png (454x520, 13K)

I actually forgot piranha plant was in.
Thanks for reminding me I guess.

I was a little taken aback at first but then I remembered I like plants and they became one of my mains

Attached: IMG_2188.jpg (1024x906, 110K)

Fact: they only added him so they could do this in Sans' trailer. Based trolls Toby and Sakurai were planning this for months.

Attached: your best friend.png (1004x661, 1.03M)

>He sucks
>When he’s been getting tournament results

Attached: 9AD706C7-9497-46E3-9FB7-F182FE633E6A.jpg (1505x120, 77K)

They would have done the same to Ivysaur since its a reference to Flowey

This honestly, I completely forgot he existed in smash. He's only used by people who wanna be special snowflakes for using a really bad character, or by top players who troll.

Attached: peow.png (530x555, 286K)

I just think he's genuinely fun to play

Attached: 0128377.png (336x434, 151K)

>PP’s neutrals now have a smig more range
>PP’s Specials now have a few frames less start up
Honestly, while PP is far from top tier, she is super underrated, and only has like 2 problems. If PP had the same exact moveset but in a more popular character, and after these short buffs she wouldn’t be slept on so much.

Fun is a buzzword.

I also acknowledge that not everything can be done perfectly and not everyone is a fan of every single series. I do understand your frustration, but if you let it dictate how you treat DLC in general and how you treat others who disagree with you, that's where rosterfaggotry and self-absorbtion begins.

I get that you can find the handling of certain characters to be sub-par, but are you ignoring that, generally speaking, they've been doing an outstanding job with the details and respect of the source material?

Up

I main him, and ever since I started playing him he's the only character I have fun playing as. Yeah, he isn't very good; his move set is slow and predicable, and you'll only dominate people who don't know what he does; but for me, he's the best thing to happen to Ultimate, and an argument could be made he is one of the top most unique and original characters

>people who wanna be special snowflakes for using a really bad character
>people who conform to a 'tier-list' to decide what champs to main are superior to those who play a champ because they genuinely like them

Big yikes from me, amigo

Attached: 9e7.jpg (442x500, 11K)

>unique design in roster
>unique moveset
He sure is. He's a neat character out of left field, fun to play as, fun to play against. Get fucked, seething babies.

Plant is the perfect example of why joke characters are bad additions, people used plant for maybe 3 days after release and it's now one of the least used characters in the game, only used by those who have nothing special going on with themselves, so they use the meme character to feel unique.

Now that Sans is in the game the memers are gonna flock to that and Plant is going to become even more obscure. When you think about how we could have had one more first party, free DLC character, and what we got was a bad joke, Plant feels like an even worse addition as time goes on. It's one thing to be hated, like Corrin, but people seem to feel complete apathy for the character which is somehow even worse.
Jigglypuff and K. Rool have gotten results as well, if a Plant gets far in bracket it's due to MU inexperience.
You don't need to know what a tier list is to be able to tell Plant sucks, if you're gettings wins it's likely because you're playing with children in QP.

Attached: FAREWELL.png (617x607, 129K)