Buying incomplete products

>I go to the shop and I buy a book.
I receive a full book.
>I go to the shop and I buy a video game.
I receive a fragment of a video game. I have to buy more shit if I want to have a complete product.

Attached: bor.jpg (299x250, 37K)

Should have pirated.

Because books have never had parts or sequel's or updated releases. Sure thing, retard.

Don't worry, one day jews will figure out how to do the same with books and movies.

>I go to the store and buy cake mix
I receive a fragment of a cake. I have to buy more shit if I want to have a complete product.

Not the same retard. If you buy a cook book and in 5 years they put out an update/revision, the old book isnt useless. Its still a full book full of info and is a complete book, theres just now also an additional book that has extra.

Games nowadays are half of what they used to be, you have to pay for the most basic shit like weapon or character skins, etc. Try and argue, you cant faggot, because its true and everyone knows it is.

Video games are easily the worst medium and have the scummiest business practices of them all. This is nothing new at all. Either shit will get sorted or it'll get worse.

Attached: 1557199530580.jpg (1920x2066, 492K)

Capitalism dictates that it will get worse. Too many individual fanbases that will buy anything in a series/genre to stop it.

Attached: 1446794381765.webm (1156x650, 1.79M)

just don't support this sort of shit and just pirate. i'm sure if more and more people start pirating games that try to pull off this kind of crap something will happen

Yeah, totally. There was alot more content in Pong then any modern game. Sure retard.

>What are whales?

what she gonna do with those jeans?

>buy a book
>turns out it’s the third one in a series of 5 books
>doesn’t even have a number or label attached to it just a generic subtitle and description not alluding to it being a continuation
>have to buy the other 4 books for the “complete product”
>fofth book ends on a cliffhanger anyway

Attached: 5F189ACE-0024-489C-B7BB-8E02F92F14CF.jpg (700x948, 72K)

This. Op is a fucking retard.

>buying shit games
>buying shit books
Maybe stop buying shit or something.

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (800x450, 71K)

>buy book
>read it
>the author is retarded
>he has shitty opinions
>he doesn't have a clue about the topic he's talking about
>he just larped and people went along with it and he got famous because he hosts talks

Many such cases.

There's plenty of books that don't follow this trend. But video games...

What book? You should read some Stephen King, his older stuff is especially good. If you're unsure, look up something called Just After Sunset. Its a collection of short stories, see if you like them. ''N.'' is particularly interesting

Imagine an old game you like, say FF7. Now imagine if, instead of finding your ultimate weapons in secret areas and sidequests, you bought them as part of DLC. That's literally what games are now. All the shit they used to include in the game, is now cut corners that they finish up later and sell back to you.

>What book?
Not him, but this happened to me with the gor books, I picked a few and noticed they were all interconnected and seemed to end in cliffhangers. In the end I didn't end the collection of books because slave rape ends up getting old.

That's not a good analogy for DLC.
DLC would be like if you buy a book, then 4 months later they sell you additional pages that are meant to be inserted inside the story you already have.

C A P I T A L I S M

And those pages are digital and could disappear.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.
Chill, he's still alive and we're the second third of 4B the day after tomorrow.

Attached: KnuthAtOpenContentAlliance.jpg (427x505, 44K)

You mean like when they sell midqual novels? Where they sell a part from the center of the story as a full priced novel?

I really miss those times. Stores filled with complete games...

This simply means that games are more expensive than books. They have to sell them in parts so that people could afford them. If they were selling whole games, they would cost something like $300. With the DLC model if you for some reason regret buying the base game, you can cut your losses there and save the cost of the DLCs you didn't buy. As for the price of games right now, that's the market's fault, so you have to either deal with it, or admit you're a communist and would rather have devs make games for you under compulsion (something which I myself have no trouble admitting at all).