Best Far Cry right there

Best Far Cry right there

Attached: 1.jpg (719x556, 290K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FCeEvQ68jY8
moddb.com/mods/far-cry-2-redux
youtube.com/watch?v=G4XYJrUnoeY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I'm still waiting for the jackal tactical management spin off where you play as jackal and keep conflicts going by selling guns to the right factions while also managing your eastern bloc supply network

>best far cry
t. Crowbcat parrot
Shit taste

>dude malaria lmao
>dude weapon jam every second shot lmao
>dude enemies respawing as soon as you turn your back lmao
>dude repetitive as fun environment lmao
Fuck off you Crowbat parrot retard.

Fuck no.
It's featureless and boring. The decision to make enemy checkpoints respawn LIKE 3 MINUTES AFTER YOU CLEARED THEM was fucking stupid and no amount of burning bushes is gonna change that.
Far Cry 3 was the best one, but that's because people didn't smell the Ubisoft formula just yet.

>t. hasn't played Blood Dragon

Attached: 1549871728684.jpg (1920x1080, 264K)

>Far Cry 3 was the best one
This

It's extremely underwritten - they introduce something like 8 characters they expect you to keep track of, even though most of them get about 4 lines of dialogue and Jackal's "this needs to be a suicide mission" comes across as a fucking stupid asspull/arbitrary stakes raise for a guy who's otherwise been "hopeful pragmatism" to a T.

No variation in enemy types means you approach every mission the same way. It's a console shooter, so what little tactical items and actions are there are handled clumsily. Underuses the "maps"/arena firefights in favour of more overworld conflicts that aren't interesting. Restricting the diamonds to certain vehicles/hang-gliders de-incentivizes finding them more when they already give you so little and you cap out in character progression so early.

And while I disagree with the usual "weapon jam/malaria" complaints as non-factors, enemy respawns meant that I usually opted to take the long route and just avoid encounters altogether until hitting the target, those checkpoints were so fucking boring.

All the Fry Crys suck.

Attached: 1563269515051.png (189x198, 4K)

One of the things that piss me off is that they were so proud of their cycling animations that they mirrored every gun so they can show them off.

>animations
Thry are pretty good in fc2. Especially self healing animations

I agree. I just have a weird thing where I get pissed every time I see mirrored guns in games.

Based and correctpilled

Nah. Africa was cool but it was way too repetetive. With mods maybe, but otherwise I would say 3 or 4

It was fucking great if you didn't expect too much in terms of story, characters etc. The real fun lies mostly in just exploring the map and enjoying the grim atmosphere. Combat is somewhat clunky but it also feels realistic for some reason, especially with cool AI behaviour like taking their wounded away from the battle etc.

Far Cry 3 was better in every way

Literally without exaggeration one of the worst games made in modern times

Indisputably true. This game is literally a pleb filter. FC3 and onwards was nothing but downgrades, rehashes, and casualization as the series turned into a standard Ubisoft product

>dude climb towers lmao
>dude WEED lmao
>dude see through walls lmao
>dude le funny joker villain lmao

>Far Cry 3 is better
>n-no Far Cry 2 is!
>why?
>s-shut up you fucking casul!

Attached: 1367437962321.gif (600x450, 89K)

Funny how you mentioned plot things and little gameplay elements lmao

Farcry 2 is shit.
FC4 = FC3 > Blood Dragon > FC1's first half > FC5 > FC2 > FC1's second half > Primal

This, pretty much. Except I would put FC5 above FC1's first half.

Primal is underrated cavemankino.

FC2 is a deeper game experience. More freedom, better mechanics, higher stakes.
FC3 was made to cater to the normies.

Best voice acting in the franchise.

could never finish it because some fucking door that I had to open for a main mission objective got bugged and that shit was never patched
fuck you ubisoft
that said, it certainly had the best gunplay in the series
best farcry would be blood dragon though

More freedom to do what exactly? Everything that Far Cry 2 does gameplay wise, Far Cry 3 does better and then some.

That is so wrong that I've come to the conclusion that you have not played either game.

>better mechanics
>more freedom
Based retardio

no contest

Attached: redux4.png (1366x768, 2.12M)

/thread

I unironically think Far Cry 3 is a better game, mostly due to how the quality is a lot more consistent and I really had a lot more fun with that game. Far Cry 2 had a lot of potential but it gets bogged down by constantly respawning enemies (which ruins your sense of accomplishment of clearing out an outpost) and the malaria spam (which interrupts the game flow). Really though, Stalker did the whole "survive in a dangerous setting" thing 10x better

Attached: redux3.png (1366x768, 2.09M)

It's great if you use your imagination and like to autistically roleplay and things like that. Far Cry 3 is objectively better but I like the 2's atmosphere better

Attached: redux2.png (1366x768, 1.91M)

Attached: redux.png (1366x768, 2.34M)

youtube.com/watch?v=FCeEvQ68jY8

FC2 with mods to slow down enemy respawns and raise bullet damage is absolute fucking kino. Only firefights that even come close to STALKER.

best far cry by a mile with the realism and outpost mods

>i-i-it's good with mods!!!!!!!!!

Attached: 318271da980706f7a18a811c3456a77d.png (633x758, 16K)

you can just smell the consolefag with this post

I will never understand what some people find wrong with this. If you can make an ok game great why wouldn't you?

Because if you must mod the game to make it fun, it just might not be a very good game user.

but it is good with mods, so who gives a shit

Attached: 1372359003328.jpg (188x196, 12K)

>it's good after you mod it
>"if you have to mod it it isn't good"

nosebleed-inducing

The amount of freedom FC3&4 (Inculde 4 cause its bascially the same game)
allow you to tackle the objectives is pretty dam good and everything is basically viable.
you would be a fool to not play the style that allows u to have the most fun.
also blood dragon is the best.

excuse me PC, did you bring enough MODS to share with the class?

if the game is good but the music is annoying, you turn the music off.
if the game is good but the piss filter is annoying, you turn the piss filter off.

FC3 with ziggys mod > FC2 > FC3 vanilla

What's the best mod for fc2? Still Dylan's mod?

too controversial

>just fix the game yourself

It's been a while but I think so, yeah.

You sound like of those
>glocks suck because you have to install a new trigger to make it shootable
people

No, I'm not American.

Anyone played fc2 redux?
moddb.com/mods/far-cry-2-redux
>last updated July 2019

It is still good without mods

Attached: 1432657743314.jpg (516x438, 42K)

How is your weapon jamming every 2 seconds, having to inject yourself every 5 meters, and clearing out the same outpost of you leave it, a deeper experience?
I feel like you people just say things just to be against whatever people generally like.
FC2 was garbage, and I say this as someone who bought it day 1 in 2008.

all that shit is grossly exaggerated
malaria is scripted as you advance the main story, you can fuck around for ages and never see it, and even if you rush the main story it doesn't happen that often
weapon jamming occurs very occasionally and you can completely avoid it my getting weapons from the store/safehouse
you say that as a misinformed pleb

>remember Yea Forums hating FC2 in 2008-2009
>now Yea Forums loves FC2

Attached: 1567237207372.jpg (1080x1113, 813K)

Read the thread before posting, it will make you look less like a dumbass

How am I misinformed when I literally bought and played the game you autist? It's not a good game.

>this whole thread
>nobody says 1 was the best game
Where's that FC1-fag from a few weeks ago?

2 > Blood Dragon > 4 >>>> the rest

Because anyone that's played more than 15 minutes will know the shit in your post is false
I don't care that you don't like it but your statements are not true

FC1 is literally a CryEngine tech demo

Still the best atmosphere out of any Far Cry game. My biggest gripe is that one stray round from an enemy handgun causes your engine to die billowing smoke, but you have to dump a 40 second burst from your vehicle mounted LMG to do the same to the enemies. Also sucks that your weapons malfunction constantly but the enemies can fire all day without any problems. The map system was cool, healing was cool, enemies increasingly fearing you and panicking during encounters as your reputation grows is cool, shooting Africans in the face is very cool.

Overall great game if you're not some casual pussy.

Attached: 1420924718883.jpg (1600x1067, 171K)

But my statements are literally not false. This is what happens.

Instincts Predator is the best.

Attached: 1549535723413.jpg (640x640, 38K)

They are false as explained in my first post
malaria attacks are scripted events
you can easily get weapons that don't degrade

>go to ceasefire zone
>talk to faction figurehead and get mission
>take payment
>locate mission area on map
>get call from buddy offering extra objectives to balance the field and keep war going
>drive to opposite side of map and do buddy objective
>stop by one of several gun shops to pick up new weapon
>proceed to actual mission
>shoot dindus like a boss with constantly refreshed weapon loadouts

If you're upset by malfunctions and jams in this game, you're a retarded casual who needs their hand held and 50 markers on screen micromanaging your fun. This is also the same board that loves autistic shit like throwing bolts at invisible instadeath walls to walk invisible mazes and yet having a malaria attack once or twice in a gunfight during an entire game is enough to send you autists off the rails?

I wish the 'healing' from Far cry 2 was not dumbed down in future games, it was the single best thing about the game and a completely unique way to have healing
youtube.com/watch?v=G4XYJrUnoeY

Its a shame they kept dumbing it down in future titles to the point in far cry 5 there is only a single 'bandaging' healing animation

Far Cry 1 is the only decent Far Cry.

I really loved the environment, Weapon degradation, blood diamond system and the Map editor for multiplayer. Honestly if the AI wasn't so auto lock on it would be my favorite

But that's wrong, every entry was better than the previous one.

>remember Yea Forums
>2008
You weren't here, you fucking newfag

FC5 is the only good Far Cry game desu, even then the gameplay itself is pretty shit

Far Cry 1 and Crysis are the only good ones. Just linear shooters with excellent, innovative wide outdoors level design and good shooting mechanics. No Ubishit open world bullshit and no overwhelmingly shitty stories taking up too much time.

Attached: 1359485639494.jpg (529x399, 26K)

Attached: onlynewfagssaynewfag.png (411x140, 13K)

>haha see, I posted the oldfag screenshot!
Fuck off newfag, nobody's falling for your shit

Who are you quoting?

As seen from my post, I'm quoting

>quest related cars driving around in circles like retards
>empty ass fields with no predators or any variety in wildlife
>weapon degradation
>respawning outposts
>no enemy variety
There's probably more.

What you said is nice but it could have been executed better. Driving around to the opposite sides of the map over and over again while getting constantly shot at and having to play the same repair minigame every 5 minutes becomes tiring fast.