Is it worth buying at 60% off?

Is it worth buying at 60% off?

Attached: 59d7a4f85bafe30a1d7b7d03.jpg (323x433, 34K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fFDnUkiZQZ0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It was worth it at 60 dollar retail

yes

Yes, have fun.

If you like action games, yes. Nioh has some flaws which for some are a deal breaker and for others aren't. I think most of the people who didn't like it were ones expecting a Souls rip off, but Nioh only takes some elements from Souls and does many things of its own. Be warned the PC port is pretty bad, it was fine for me but not everyone has been so lucky running it.

Yeah, it's good stuff.

Absolutely.

Yes it unironically has the best combat in any action rpg game I've ever seen

yes especially so

Yes. Fantastic combat. Many people say it's soulslike, but personally it felt closer to Tenchu for me.
Vanillia felt a little short and recycled enemies often. No idea about DLCs.

Worth buying at full price and then buying the three DLC individually. Just keep on top of all the gear you collect, or you're gonna need to run some long podcasts while you sort though it all

Attached: Nioh.full.2178270.jpg (1000x747, 246K)

yes. also even if you get stuck halfway through the game you can use a magic that can cheat bosses and every enemy.

although hino enma and umi bozu are pretty tough, you cant use the magic, and you need to get over it by yourself.

No; don't listen to the Koei Tecmo shills, Ni-oh is not only disgrace to the Soulsborne game but an absolutely garbage game on its own; easily one of the worst games of 2017.

>Instead of an interconnected semiopen world, you have individual levels. Once you finish a level you go back to the world map. All the shortcuts, everything you unlocked is gone.
>Every level is reused at least four times: as a main story mission, as a twilight mission (the same level but with more enemies and a red tint on it), as optional mission 1 (the same level but finishes halfway) and optional mission 2 (the same level but backwards and finishes halfway)
>Every level has shitty design, some of them with garbage gimmicks (like the sunken temple) and there are only three biomes: japanese village, japanese forest and japanese castle.
>Instead of unique weapons and armor, it uses Diablo / Borderlands loot. So, your progress through the game isn't dependent on your skill but on getting the best equipment and having a weapon with elemental / state infusions.
>For all the praise the gameplay gets, you only need to spam one or two abilities. If you want to break the game even more there is an ability that slows down the enemies; learn it and the game becomes an absolute cakewalk no better than your average Sony moviegame.
>It only has like 10 enemy types for the entire game. And even then the only enemies you're going to fight for 99% of the game are human soldiers, human skeletons and horned oni.
>The PC version is Nier Automata levels of awful. The game working on your system is pretty much a 50/50 gamble.
>The story is pretty shit: a Voldemort expy steals your fairy, you go to Japan to get it back and you interact with people from Japanese story. That's it.

If you want a good samurai game play Way of the Samurai instead. If you want a good samurai game heavy on the fantasy side or focused on good gameplay play Sekiro instead. Ni-oh is shovelware tier.

>although hino enma and umi bozu are pretty tough, you cant use the magic, and you need to get over it by yourself.
As long as you light lanterns for bozu and are calm and dont rush the fights will give you enough opening to slowly chip their health away.

therere no such shills though. i bet nearly every nioh fan played soulsborne games. i bought demons souls day one and played over 400 hours. cleared bb too.

nioh and soulsborn games are totally different games, action mechanism wise.

Nioh 1.5 is coming out soon

Soulsborne fans agree that Ni-oh is shit, Ni-oh fans are just contrarians who consider themselves too cool to play an actual Soulsborne game and pretend that their shitty japanese ripoff is good.

>2 is exactly the same game as 1 but steals Devil May Cry's devil trigger and adds throwable axes
It's almost endearing how creatively bankrupt that series is.

>Ni-oh is not only disgrace to the Soulsborne game
Stopped reading right there. It's not a Souls game and it doesn't even try to pretend to be one.
If you're delusional enough to say stuff like this, you probably haven't played either series and are only here to shitpost.

I don't understand his meme. Hino Enma wasn't that hard.

PC version is ass

The repetitive as fuck enemies and areas completely killed the game for me. You seriously fight the same 3 enemy types in caves over and over and over and over and over

Soon.
This enemy type had hatchets in alpha which means this is most likely a player weapon too.

Attached: transforming scythe.webm (728x408, 426K)

>Instead of an interconnected semiopen world, you have individual levels. Once you finish a level you go back to the world map. All the shortcuts, everything you unlocked is gone.
>How dare games have levels instead of going for the interconnected world meme every time?

It isn't even worth a pirate.

its hard when you fight with her in a soulsborne way. i was doing that and too defensive. after beating her, i changed my style.

>souls rip off isn't trying to be souls
lmao

It was worth it at 0% off

still worth top dollar, fucking amazing game

So scythes are in too?

Works fine on my toaster.

Most likely.

>disgrace to the Soulsborne game
Imagine thinking that Nioh is a souls game
Nigga you okay?

Was thinking of getting this to play with my friend. How flexible is the CO OP in this game? Dark Souls 1 was a pain in the dick

Very easy. Unlike Souls where you have to use some third party program to get a full co-op run, Nioh lets you do it with ease at the shrines. One of you starts the mission, gets to the first shrine and then opens the lobby. You can do the entire game co-op with friends other than the prologue I believe.

It's worse than Dark Souls.
You can only join if you unlocked the level (for example level B requires level A to be unlocked; both your friend and you have to beat level A to be able to co-op level B)
Netcode is ass.

>you can only join if you unlocked the level
>bad thing
???

Coop was pretty bad during the release but they've patched it to an excellent condition.

Wow dead as fuck. Dark Souls 3 is an older game and still has 5,000 online right now.

Attached: nioh.png (795x218, 140K)

So do we each have to play through a level solo to be able to Co OP it?

Yes.

>playing nioh for pvp
Stay retarded Soulsfag.

No.

Maybe

Nope.

>Every level is reused at least four times: as a main story mission, as a twilight mission (the same level but with more enemies and a red tint on it), as optional mission 1 (the same level but finishes halfway) and optional mission 2 (the same level but backwards and finishes halfway)
>Every level has shitty design, some of them with garbage gimmicks (like the sunken temple) and there are only three biomes: japanese village, japanese forest and japanese castle.
>It only has like 10 enemy types for the entire game. And even then the only enemies you're going to fight for 99% of the game are human soldiers, human skeletons and horned oni.
If you're actually trying to deliver criticism and not just collect (You)'s, next time you post this you ought to stick to just these critiques. That way you won't trigger a sperg of yowlers flipping out about Souls comparisons or the interconnected world as generally action games are fine with disconnected levels.

Yes yes and yes

Yes and if you wanna fuck shit up use the tonfas, unironically the best weapon in the games destroys ki like nothing and is satisfying to use as fuck

1kat masterrace

(moves around in 3D space while holding something) Whoa settle down this ain't Dark Souls

>tonfa
>best weapon
lmao

It's a literal Souls clone so comparisons with the series are needed.

I personally liked Nioh as much as the Souls games and BB.
to be fair I'm not a true Soulsborne fan; I just like to play them.

Attached: 1567002904871.jpg (768x1014, 354K)

You are very very dumb but mercifully it's at a level where anyone who isn't very dumb will notice

>Melee combat
>Checkpoints that serve as save points and resting / restock / inventory management points
>Fog gates
>Stamina bar
>Can't jump
>z targeting
>Experience points are lost on death and if you don't pick them back they're gone for good
>on demand coop
>Gestures

It's a Souls clone. Stop denying it.

Loot system is a dealbeaker for some. Make sure to return it if you are annoyed by it, otherwise it's probably worth it.

And Souls games are clones of Severance.
Get BTFO Miyazaki cocksucker. :)

Yes. It's also worth buying at 0% off.

Nioh 2 - TGS 2019 Trailer | PS4

youtube.com/watch?v=fFDnUkiZQZ0

The girl characters are all beautiful. And that cat girl boss is cool. KT is probably better at making female characters than SE now.

>KT is probably better at making female characters than SE now.
They always were.

It's a fun game. As a game itself it's not incredible. Loot system makes exploration meaningless and grinding stronger. Maps aren't greatly designed but they're nice to go around. Combat is absolutely fantastic, though and the fashion is on point if you like Samurais.

>Melee combat as a comparison

Holy shit. Yes there are absolutely elements taken from the Souls games but Nioh is the least Souls-like of the Souls clones out there. The combat is much, much better in Nioh, the level system, the loot system, Ki management, the revenant mechanic, all the blacksmith stuff, bonus missions, Abyss.

did they fucking say anything about an open Alpha?

Nobunaga looks cool

Darksiders 3 isn't a Souls clone and people say it is, now Nioh has 90% of the elements you see in Souls and how is it not a clone?

>Held hostage again by Sony
God dammit. At least I'll get it for 'free' until the PC version comes out.

Mixed results

Can you repeat the question?

If a friend and I both buy nioh right now on PC, will we be able to CO OP the entire time game without doing stuff like one of us beat a level solo to unlock Co OP

ye, except the prologue

Yes

no

Maybe.

I don't know

I don't actually know

You'll have to play solo till you actually unlock the co-op options. That's a few missions, as far as I remember.
Afterwards, you can co-op through the rest of the game however you want.

No.
Buy it once it reaches the Epic Games Store.

Nioh 2 on PC when?

I will always think that it's fucking criminal that the manga never got translated

Probably end of 2020 or early 2021.

yes

Feel free to ignore my advice if all you're interested in doing is triggering brainlets.
It's possible to make good Souls comparisons with Nioh but (You) clearly don't know how to get away with it and should therefore stick to just the game itself.

The first one was released like 6 months later. Maybe it'll be the same?

yea, the combat system is fun as fuck

YES, the x1 multiplayer is fucking perfect!

Enjoyed it more than any Dark Souls, not as much as Bloodborne tho. Looking forward to the sequel

Oh my god he did the bloodborne thing

I plan on getting Nioh 2 when it releases, I am afraid playing both of them will make them stale.

2 Seems like a pure improvement so far, should I just wait?

Eh not really , but the again I played 1 a while ago so maybe if you play it asap you will avoid the burn

Play nioh 1 and then 2 once all the dlc is out. The dlc for 1 added a fuckton of content so if they do the same for 2 you'll have to wait for that too.