Why does this have such a horrendous battery life?

If it’s not the retina blinding lightbar draining it then what is? Is it the motion sensitivity? Rumble feedback? Games have gotten so large and immersive it can take more than 4 hours to familiarise yourself in game. HOW THE FUCK did they manage to screw the one feature people actually care about?? For Fuck’s sake the DS3 is almost identical and that battery lasts for ages.

Attached: 8811A2B1-2CE4-4AEC-85D1-FE8A0CB4FA18.jpg (750x440, 25K)

Onions

Why aren't you playing wired?

My Samsung Odyssey+ controllers have like a 3 hour battery life. It's ridiculous.

There isn't enough to play on PS4 for it to last that long anyway.

I have no fucking clue, ps3 controllers last way longer. This shit is a travesty. I fucking hate this shit. I got a switch pro controller instead for my pc use because it lasts like 90 hours compared to this damn thing only lasting like 4

No one knows.

Only the original batch had weak battery life the DS4 bundled with the slim and later last longer approximately as long as a joy-con i.e 15-19 hours.

Mine lasts about 5 hours unplugged, but its not great. Remember you can turn down the brightness of the light, but you cant turn it off, which is a very baffling choice by Sony

Honestly I think they just put a tiny battery in there. Can't be the motion or touchpad as other controllers have those features with far better battery lives and they shouldn't draw a lot of power anyway. LEDs also draw barely any power.

>Can't turn off the light that nobody cares about or likes
>going in and manually disabling it makes the battery life worse

>any DS4
>15-19 hours
lmao

Attached: 1567287001729.jpg (600x909, 31K)

Because LEDs hardly consume any energy, it's probably very low capacity battery to save money.

Wrong. The only change they ever made to the ds4 was to the rubber on the analogs otherwise everything is the same cheap $20 trash they had in the first place.

That and the sticks break just from regular use.

Tell me about it I use the browser's cursor to test my left stick and in less than a year it already has a slight drift.

Not true. I have the slim and a fully loaded controller lasts about 4 hours
Good thing I have 2 I guess

Attached: 1458670365110.jpg (388x388, 22K)

It's a 1000mha battery of shit quality that degrades fast. Also the LED light is garbage and not efficient at all.

Basically Sony are Jap Jews.

My problem with this controller is that the d-pad has gone soft, if that makes sense. It isn't clicky anymore.

How's the dpad on the switch pro, is it better?

Ps4 dpads weren't clicky to begin with.

You are woefully uninformed. The change to the stick material was done with a very early revision of the original model.

The "Gen 2" version of the Dualshock 4 had a number of upgrades.
The capacitive touchpad got that little window so you can see the lightbar through it (who the fuck knows why, but it is the defining feature so you know it's a Gen2), and was made less of a drain on the battery.
The battery itself was upgraded from the tiny piece of shit to a proper one with a much longer battery life.
The Bluetooth polling rate was doubled to 500mhz, making it far more consistent.
The USB port was changed so that it actually recognizes and sends data when it's plugged in to the PS4 instead of just being a power charger that still transmits through bluetooth.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 90K)

>The battery itself was upgraded from the tiny piece of shit to a proper one with a much longer battery life.
>The Bluetooth polling rate was doubled to 500mhz, making it far more consistent.
This chunk is false.

I still get single digit hours of battery life with a "gen 2" that is less than 2 weeks old

>If it’s not the retina blinding lightbar draining it then what is?
They literally cost about 28 dollars to make. They're the cheapest controllers in the market made by a major company.

>The battery itself was upgraded from the tiny piece of shit to a proper one with a much longer battery life.
They both use a 3.7 V 1000 mAh Li-ion battery

>people STILL acting like it’s the lightbar
Guys it’s a fucking LED. It’s not the lightbar, it’s the touchpad that’s always active. Even when not in active use, the touch sucks up the power.

The Steam Controller has two touchpads and that thing lasts 80 hours on 2 AAs.

The truth is that the ds4 uses some nasty and outdated chunk "tech"