Was he controlling Jenova or was alien-mommy controlling him?

Was he controlling Jenova or was alien-mommy controlling him?

Attached: EENkYFtU0AAlRSg.jpg (1080x607, 46K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/TSnoaPnACx0
youtu.be/Xs9cFekeJ-s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The first one.
What is with that creepy face though?
Maybe that will keep the fujos away.

>was the villain controlling the 2000 years and counting dead corpse or was the 2000 years and counting dead corpse controlling the villain

Attached: muhther.png (1000x733, 493K)

looks infinitely better than the weird pudgy roundface from the last trailer.

Attached: sephiroth remake.webm (640x360, 1.55M)

it was just the shadowing from the lighting making him looking like that

Attached: Sephclose.png (1920x1080, 2.21M)

Honestly you'll get conflicting information and both could be right, the other issue is how much of it they will re-write as Advent Children clearly showed Sephiroth in control of everything and with the art direction following AC it's probably a safe bet they'll go with Sephiroth being in control to make him look cooler/more powerful.

Fuck you.

Attached: 1568267232693.png (1280x720, 1.75M)

t. puppet

now hurry up and give me that Black Materia

Attached: Sephiroth-hibernation.jpg (640x448, 76K)

Some faggots will try to tell you that Jenova was in control. Do not listen to these retarded faggots.
They are literally ignoring all the information in the game, consequent materials, the Ultimania Guide, and the word of the directors themselves to make up their own headcanon.
Jenova influenced Sephiroth's motivations, but he was ultimately in control.

How can you even think in that shit?

Little of both, Jenova's instincts gone wild + Sephiroth's perceptions of her and history. By the time the story takes place neither are their true selves.
I think.

This is actually the safest answer.

There's really a big question though that is not answered but may answer everyone's question. Why did Sephiroth came back or shown his presence? He is just flying around? We all know thisMy guess is jenova got revived because aeris got close to her. First parts is probably jenova calling his minion or mobs with her dna/blood so sephiroth. Latter parts is full sephiroth revival.

>jenova got revived because aeris got close to her.
Forgot to add. Can also be because of cloud. He is basically sephiroth-lite.

They're mutually beneficial symbiotes.

Jenova wants life energy to feed on and can travel to other planets, sephiroth can summon meteor and wants to travel to other planets.

To be honest there's probably no meaningful distinction between the two by the end of the game.

They made the former canon, but the latter case makes more sense.

Ultimately I agree with this. Both are on the same team with the same goals.

There is.
Sephiroth is a new lifeform by the time you find him. An amalgam of Lifestream knowledge and energy, Mako, and Jenova cells.
Jenova is still Jenova.

Both Cloud and Sephiroth look like their Crisis Core designs and not like the FF7 ones.
Furthermore they are completely changing the story, adding some new OC donut steel SOLDIER 1st Class (shown chasing them in Midgar in the trailer) like Genesis and Angeal, and generally a lot of other dumb faggotry such as 7th Heaven being attacked by Sperm Demons.

This is going full Compilation of FF7 bullshit.

k

youtu.be/TSnoaPnACx0

Sephiroth looks like his Dissidia design.

Sephiroth looks nothing like his CC design what are you smoking. The SOLDIER is an expansion on them being random ass enemies, now they're credible threats with weight.

Attached: sephiroth-crisis-core-final-fantasy-vii-66.5.jpg (210x240, 13K)

Its Jenova until Sephiroth takes over to kill Aerith.

>beheaded Jenova in the reactor*

don't respond to retards

>Sephiroth looks nothing like his CC design what are you smoking.
Ingame, not CGI.
Has the same sleek, v-jaw and cat eyes look like he did ingame in Crisis Core, complete with the short hair bangs just like in CC.
AC Sephiroth had man-nipple length front bangs and more pudgy face.

The only retard here is you.
But you're also a retard that will pay 60$+DLC for fucking Midgar only (aka the tutorial of the original game) and almost certainly a zoomer that never played the original so you're a waste of air anyway.

Attached: Sephiroth_meme_base.png (600x342, 440K)

he mad

If he is the one that controlling Jenova, how can he be a mommy boy? That is a chad move not a beta mommyboy. Since Sephiroth is a canon mommy boy, Jenova is the one in control.

lmao dude you can't even use your own eyes properly to discern the length of someone's hair

Attached: Smileroth.jpg (1920x1080, 959K)

The original FF7 left it vague because we don't know what Sephiroth was like as a Soldier
Crisis Core hinted that he was being controlled.
Advent Children seemed to suggest it was more a melding, like Jenova being a parasite that caused him to go crazy. I like this last theory.

Maybe his bangs just grew out.

>zoomer
I played it when it was new. I don't give a fuck. Adding things as long as they are good is fine. Don't be this retarded.

Attached: 1568287334886.jpg (600x600, 67K)

I always assumed Jenova was in control up to and including the Nibelheim incident, using it's cells to manipulate Sephiroth into freeing it from it's enclosure, since we know that it only needs a few bits of biomass to regenerate.
It was probably planning on eating Sephiroth as soon as they were somewhere safe.

But then he took a lifestream bath and was able to overpower Jenova and take over control

Jenova wasn't a corpse. Jenova is functionally biologically immortal. The only way to kill it is to kill ALL of it and leave none of it around.
There's a reason the Cetra had such a hard time, why they had to seal it away (They couldn't actually kill it), and why Hojo was able to remove loving cells from Jenova.

Retards are going to say, "It's vague," or "Nobody knows for sure," but it's made very apparent in the game (especially the Japanese version) that Sephiroth controls Jenova. He literally monologues that he's greater than Jenova.

Wait, wasn't Sephy actually is a Cetra that supposed to be fighting Jenova or something? I felt like I'm misrembering a lot of things here.

no he thought he was a cetra because of the incorrect reports stating jenova was one in the shinra manor but after he took a dip in the lifestream he learned the truth

Just go back and play the 1997 game and stop whining you fuck. The remake existing won't automatically remove the original game. It existing won't rewrite your memories of your time playing that. The game is still there. Let the younger people enjoy it. FFS, if you're a fucking boomer, why do you even care about vidya and even browsing this site.

*shits pants*

Attached: 1568214279089.webm (1920x1080, 781K)

Whatever they do with Sephiroth I hope they keep the last battle intact
Just no words between him and Cloud fighting in a black void that shit gave me goosebumps when I was a kid

Attached: ff7 final boss.png (640x360, 181K)

I think its most likely because of Cloud, seeing as Cloud directly looks at her headless body in the tank and has a massive sperg-out, and Cloud has Jenova cells inside him, unlike Aeris.

As far as we know Aeris wasn't actually brought up to the Jenova tank, and even if she was, she's just a descendant of the race that fought Jenova, she doesn't actually have bits of Jenova in her.

And that leads me to another thing, the way the Cetra are described, they are not made out to seem as an actual race, but rather a lifestyle. Kind of like nomads vs city-dwellers. Everyone used be an Ancient/Cetra and roam around the planet, living off the land like nomads. Them some Cetra stopped doing that and built cities, and they stopped being Cetra. So what it sounds like is that everyone is descended from the Cetra, since it's more of a lifestyle thing than an ethnic thing. So what makes Aeris special? She's not some nomad who roams around the world planting trees, she just lives in a house. Or is it because she grows flowers in her Church, does that make her keep the connection to the Cetra ancestors?

And why does she have a Church anyway? Does the Final Fantasy VII universe follow Christianity or any established organised religion? So many unanswered questions...

Basically this.
Jenova makes people into retarded monsters (Lost Numbers, the monsters in the reactors) or them things crazy (the numbers).
During Nibelheim, Jenova was taking control of Sephiroth and was eroding his sanity—the standard thing that happens when Jenova takes control of something.
Taking a dip in the Lifestream instantly ended Jenova's immediate control over Sephiroth. Typically, things are absorbed in the Lifestream however—except for Jenova cells. Sephiroth being part Jenova and Mako stopped his absorption. At this point he gained the knowledge of the Ancients, and at this point Sephiroth became something completely new: an amalgamation of Jenova, Lifestream energy and knowledge, Mako, and human.
By the events of the game, despite influencing him, Jenova is nothing more than an extension of Sephiroth's will.

I'm 90% people like him haven't actually played the original game and just want an excuse to bitch at a sony product. I was born in 1992 and the original game was the definition of my childhood (it took me years to finish the game since I was shit at vidya back then and wasn't good at JRPG mechanics) and I'm absolutely pumped for this, I don't think these people realise we've been begging for this remake for years.

Yes I'm disappointed at the episodic aspect and the turn-based aspect (there are way too many action rpgs nowadays, there's no reason for a turn-based rpg, a dying breed, to be turned into an action rpg) but I'm still thrilled overall and think it looks amazing.

If I recall, the monsters in the reactor were made that way from Mako exposure, not Jenova cells.

Attached: images.jpg (268x188, 8K)

seph was always in control now shut up and watch this demo gameplay without commentary
>dat fucking music

youtu.be/Xs9cFekeJ-s

hey it's cloud's dad

BUT HEY

This thread reeks of sony shilling.
Release the game on switch and then we'll talk.

>Crisis Core hinted that he was being controlled.
It really didn't. If anything, CC just emphasized that all the Jenova spawn are mentally unstable, influence each other, and will go mad sooner or later.

>Dropping the Meteor with Mother like this immerses me in a special feeling. I like it.

Attached: 1405884320604.jpg (292x257, 34K)

So how are they going to do this scene?
>Septhiroth flying into you, but started the fight as Jenova.

The momma's boy characterization is misinterpretation by people with no reading/media comprehension skills.

Sephiroth only does that whole shtick, actual sephiroth no jenvoa taking his appearance, when he encounters Jenovas body in Nibleheim for the first time. At that point he's not much different to any "clone" in that he's manipulated by his Jenova cells, the shock of being shanked by cloud snaps him out of it which is why he's a bit more lucid/less odepial the last time you see him before he falls into the life stream.

How many simultenous FF7 threads do we need?

You ever watch John Carpenters The Thing?