Mum has 30,000+ games of solitaire

>mum has 30,000+ games of solitaire
>try to get her to play another game
>think Portal or RollAway will be a simple, entry level puzzle game for her
>refuses to play it and goes back to solitare

Attached: 1568267891369.jpg (330x330, 41K)

based

sounds like she's got better taste than you

Based mom, shame about your son

Why would you force your mother to play a game she doesn't want or care when she likes that one?

portal and whatever the fuck the second game is are pleb-tier games
now solitaire? it's a game for eternity

Your mom is cooler than you

Attached: 1418789519518.png (739x719, 402K)

30k games of a card game is insanity

>"mum"
Subhuman spotted, didn't read past that

they count people like this as gamers when they use those graphs/stats

why?
also you didn't answer my question

Lemmings are unable to even consider certain interests as worth their time.

My mother only reads detective novels and has no interest in reading any other genre.

Probably equal to how many posts you have on the internet.

I want her to expand her horizons and play other enjoyable games that are out there instead of playing the same card game over and over, which is just nuts to me

Try with Plants vs Zombies or silly stuff like that.

nigga she plays games to pass time, not as a hobby, if it works what's the issue

Teacherfag here, most people that refuse to do new stuff are simply afraid to fail. Solitaire is her way to relax and it doesn't require any system 2 thinking for her. Portal would ask her to learn how to move, look around, think in new ways and possibly have her fail when she just wants to relax.
Play it with her, you control and discuss with her what you think you're supposed to do. Don't take over, just be her hands if possible.

>I want her to expand her horizons
>Posts on tibetan basketweaving imageboard about it

Attached: 1556038401343.jpg (1111x597, 379K)

/sci/fag here it has been shown that people tend to grow tired and hesitant of learning new skills
wsad + mouse movement and other control mechanics is a skill like that. If you didn't learn it in your youth, you are likely not going to play it when you are an adult

I know, That's why I told him to be her hands. It's not impossible to learn new skills, just very hard. But if he just acts as a medium it should be fine.

I did the keys and she did the mouse but it was too much she said

Post a pic of your mums, lads. Need them for my folder.

But that's confusing as fuck user. I'm not sure I would like to play half of a controller in any game. You did your best and that was great, but try to create a genuine interest first. Control everything. Make it an event that you both enjoy.

I wish I could trade my 30k games of dota2 into solitaire games, I feel like I'd be wiser.

>Make it an event that you both enjoy.
This. You should fuck her.

I probably have that many games of solitare

I teach adults and seniors to use new tech, not only do people struggle with the basic funtions you have grown muscle memory for when using computer its rare to have them be interested in anything more advanced than Facebook games
Be happy she has found something fun for herself and dont act like youd be up for learning something radically different instead of playing your vidya.

I wonder what will happen to us. I have a hard time with VR where you teleport around instead of moving. Will I miss out on games in 20 years?

people on fucking Yea Forums who try to judge other people for doing innocuous things that they enjoy is just top autism speak

the now compared to last 20 years was pretty damn massive jumps
but if you compare now to the last 10 years, not so much
so in 20 years i don't think it will jump that massively that you cant handle it

>MOM YOU NOOB BE A GAMER LIKE ME AAAAAAAAAA

Attached: 1537232497322.png (499x673, 481K)

>tfw my dad used to play shit like Age of Empires 1 and 2 and Gran Turismo on the PSX like crazy
>now he hates all videogames and refuses to replay any of them
Quite sad

Hope not, Though It'll probably creep up on me, like refusing to get the neurolink because it's scary or something like that.

My mom is dating a black man

Attached: 1524181755085.jpg (365x400, 30K)

I used to constantly be trying to get my mom to play video games when I was a kid. I think it was just a "validate my hobby!" instinct.

Give her Shadowhand, it's still solitaire but has rpg elements

Mine was the same she only played some card game on computer. I introduced her to online mahjong on tenhou and now the only play that.

You only have to know what game your mom might like.

If you want her to play games then start with mommycore games, not entry level "real" games.
I got my mom into Picross.

What happened

Going from a simple card game application to a 3D world with complex spatial movement is a pretty big leap. Start with something 2D. World of Goo maybe, or Baba Is You.

For my mum, it's Mahjong.

Mum needs some new cock in her life. That's why she plays so much solitaire dude. She probably resists the urge to get nailed hard by strange men.