Nintendo chose all the characters despite some of them being rather unrelated to their consoles

twitter.com/PushDustIn/status/1171811621695418369
>Nintendo chose all the characters despite some of them being rather unrelated to their consoles
>Sakurai was fine with that
>And he also wants to make more collaborations
So, how screwed are first-party characters now?

Attached: d31.jpg (3263x3607, 2.84M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=g0Vsatt8-o4&t=3m2s
youtube.com/watch?v=YcQeJ6jATY4
4gamer.net/games/368/G036837/20190416018/
resetera.com/threads/nintendo-software-and-hardware-sales-data-from-1983-to-present.2725/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Collabs probably give more money cause they bring attention to it

The pass was explicitly for third parties. How hard is that to understand for some people?

Just the same as before since Nintendo employees and Sakurai are normal human beings who don't strictly follow patterns and rules, unlike you autistic manchildren think they do.

I know Waluigi, but who the fuck are the anime characters?

As if Rex was a must-have

In fact it's much better if he doesn't get in.

You want Rex just because you can fuck Rex

>no Rex
>no KOS-MOS
>no Elma
Fuck Sakurai and fuck smash.

Sakuri was quite clear that rex would have gotten in if his game had come out eariler

>sans the fucking meme option got in before Waluigi
Jesus, how committed is Sakurai to keeping this game of spite up?

>implying it took until now to realise the pass would be all 3rd party wank

The moment I saw Joker I knew.

Attached: 1563373803015.jpg (417x316, 54K)

>The pass was explicitly for third parties
This was neither explained at the beginning nor at any point before this last direct.
>t. people who don't even own a Switch let alone Smash Ultimate

Imagine caring this much about a kiddie party game. You should be ashamed of yourself, almost all of you have less testosterone than a 16 year old girl

when shrek and goku get in as mii costumes first

>what do you mean they're going to keep doing more well known main characters from third party series instead of my umpteenth mario/kirby character and literal who villains?

Attached: 1506903833593.jpg (221x250, 5K)

Sakurai said only to buy the pass if you were certain you would enjoy the characters :)

What kind of ridiculous fanboy cope is 'If you don't like literally who the JRPG character that's overshadowed by Shulk anyways you don't even OWN THE CONSOLE"

Yeah, as a shill character, but he'll be irrelevant in a few years
>you do not share my opinion so you must not play videogames

Ah yes, well known main characters like Terry. Fuck off with "your muh relevancy muh sales" mentality.

>more well known
>Joker
>Terry
>arguable Banjo
(You)

King of Fighters 98 literally still has global fans to this day

People already forgot Xenoblade 2

Attached: D-1DvovWkAAEsOw.jpg (1024x996, 83K)

All more known than Rex

>xenoblade 2 is the best selling Xeno game
>STILL dominates Nintendo forums and threads
>King of Fighters 98 literally still has global fans
>y-you just dont see these discussed because its in Mexico or somewhere
Ok user

Those are all well known.

Please give me a list of 10 characters you would consider more well known and representative of the history of video games.

Wrong and also not relevant to the discussion. "still having fans" doesn't mean being well known. And even if that were the case, you're still assuming things.

>all lower than Rex in every character poll
>KoF has always been niche
>Joker isn't even on a Nintendo platformer
>its been over 10 years since Nuts and Bolts
I get it, you're a shitposter but really.

I would rather have Xenoblade 2 stay as far away from Smash as possible. Bringing a game like that to the mainstream eye was a bad thing for fans and non-fans, and Smash would only make it worse.

Empty lip service, Sakurai doesn't give a fuck about xenoblade in fact I'm 100% sure he locked the mii costume behind a 25$ paywall just to spite you faggots

>representative of the history of video game
Neither Joker or Banjo represent shit, they just have tons of fans. Historical relevancy, fan requests and other parameters are just your projections, they don't mean shit.

Good for you.
>no KOS-MOS
>no Elma
Fuck you Sakurai, literally no excuse.

Attached: 1449858986050.jpg (1280x720, 400K)

People who want Rex are the same people who wanted Toothpaste Man from ARMS

They don't want an actually interesting roster, they just want a glorified Nintendo Power magazine, lmao

Attached: arms01.jpg (309x309, 17K)

>King of Fighters 98 literally still has global fans to this day
where the fuck is KOF14 at EVO then? cant even beat bazeblue for shit

>representative of the history of video games
>a 2016 PS3 game
???

Imagine actually wanting those in Smash after what happened to the Xenoblade fanbase when Shulk got in. Yeah, no fucking thanks.

>This was neither explained at the beginning nor at any point before this last direct.
It was pretty much confirmed with Reggie talking about how they'll all be new franchises to Smash Bros.

Xenoblade 2 has some of the worst designs I've ever seen and I would kill myself if anyone from that shitty weeb game ever made it in

He talked about enjoying xb2 so much that he spent his holiday break binging it. He definitely liked the game a lot.

You must have been livid when Joker and DQ Hero got in huh

screencapped

>Joker
>doesn't represent shit
He represents SMT, which pretty much inspired Pokemon

whats more to blame for that smash or chuggaconroy's playthrough?

Who?

>Joker
>He represents SMT
>an incredibly niche JRPG series 10 people know
Huh.

Yes really. All of those series have more acclaim than a bad sequel to a niche RPG

Again, empty lip service, Sakurai praises every game he's asked about and of course he's not going to talk shit about a first party game

>Yes really
Literally no.
>'acclaim'
Oh, this is another one of those "Your feelings matter more than facts things", nah.

Flynn or Jack Frost would have been good representation for SMT. Joker is just a P5 rep.

Go watch what Reggie says right after Joker is announced at the game awards

Reggie literally said it but you people sperged out "That's not what he meant!"

Not him but you keep saying this every thread despite the sources proving otherwise. Why bother?

Fuck having a character from the Neo Geo era, I want another Xenoblade character nobody even remembers because... his game sold a lot?

Not him but Actions speak louder
The shallow service X and 2 got is appalling for how well they did.

>"they dont represent shit"
>"even though they have tons of fans"
>"historical relevancy and fan requests don't mean anything, the only thing that matters is what I want"
I can't imagine being this much of a child because your shitty weeb game character isn't in Smash

XB already has a rep, whats weird is that ARMS didnt get anybody as a playable character.
it would clearly fit.

Character polls mean nothing to the overall population

>Character polls mean nothing
They're one metric, if you have any other you can appeal to those but you really have nothing to work with

They're not nearly as bad as Xenoblade. They come close but Xenoblade seems like a fucking parody of weeb games, except people treat it as a standard of video games

I don't mind
but we're going to get some pretty lame picks if the focus is collaboration
The DLC so far hasn't been too many "undeserved" shill picks since Persona/SMT is a huge series, same with DQ and KoF, and Banjo was a big fan favorite that happened to let them shill the XBox when Microsoft has been getting friendly with Nintendo
but I just hope they start to pick characters that would be interesting in Smash, which hasn't happened outside of Banjo
>your most recognizable character is an RPG man with a sword? Come on in! More fighters with the same input mechanics? Deal!

Apalling, in fact one might call it a fucking travesty.

I'm horrified, they did a service to Nintendo and they Spat in their Face

FUCKING HACKURAI.

Sales

>SOURCE? SOURCE? DO YOU HAVE A SOURCE FOR THAT BUDDY?
Yeah COMMON SENSE, idiot. Are you seriously doubting the statement "he's not going to talk shit about a first party game"?

>They're not nearly as bad as Xenoblade
kek

I can guarantee you more people know Banjo than generic anime boy

Why the fuck smash fans be like this seriously

As if that wasn't obvious to begin with.

>mfw my fav is both first and third party

Attached: Ainsley's Floppy Pineapple.gif (480x270, 1.88M)

>The shallow service X and 2 got is appalling for how well they did.
>X
wii u game did well for the wii u
>2
what did you want sakurai to do, time travel so he could get an idea of the important aspects of 2, plus 2 just came out and after the shit sakurai got for spoiling blade 1 I dont really blame him for not doing that much for 2

And Xeno 2 demolishes most KOF sales and Nuts and Bolts.
So it looks like you're fucked.

Yes, he said only new game worlds

So this is who the "who is Terry Bogard" audience wants? An absolute nobody?

Good thing nuts and bolts isn't the only banjo game

>anything unironic or not coated under layers of style is a parody
Dumb zoomer

Right but he added Joker anyway, what is your point?
If you implied that Xenoblade wasn't the center of a constant stream of discussion since operation rainfall then (You)

>More fighters with the same input mechanics? Deal!
Every character has the same imput mechanics what are you talking about

>Xenoblade wasn't the center of a constant stream of discussion
Yea Forums is not the real world

>There are no first party DLC charact-

Attached: plant.gif (498x280, 836K)

How well did the GBA Banjos do?

Xenoblade 2 is inferior to the orginal and the characters look ridiculous

Attached: 5c9.png (900x675, 929K)

He liked the game SO MUCH he gave it 3 songs (none of them remixed) no characters (not even a very obvious clone for shulk), some of the weakest spirits in the entire game and locked the mii costume behind 25 sakuraibux

Get outta here

Good thing they aren't the only Banjo games

Yeah, he's a fighter pass character, sick btfo user

Overdesigned retarded looking anime characters, typical shitty JRPG writing, retarded story, every god damn trope in the book, yeah. It's like a parody. But like you said, it's unironic, which makes it worse.

I think he's going on the "Ryu has fightan game inputs as well" logic which is retarded as KOF has vastley more complex button combos then SF does.

>Yea Forums is the only place people discuss Nintendo games
>implying people discussed Xenoblade on Sonyga/v/ during 2013-2017
lol

>pretty much confirmed
Saying this should grant a ban in smash threads.

alright anons, give your hopes for the final 1st pass character and addituional passes, 1 list of 5 per the following condsitions:

>All third parties
>All 1st parties/second parties (IE nintendo exclusive games from other publishers)
>Assist tropies, mii costumes, pokeball pokemon etc

For me

>Last slot is Doomguy

>Third parties
Ryu Hayabusa
Amaratsu
Master Chief
Dante
Sora

>1st Party
Bandana Dee
Geno
Wonder Red or Viewtiful Joe
Travis Touchdown
Ribbon Girl

>Assist trophies/costumes, pokeball pokemon etc
Isaac
Skull Kid
Shadow
Spring Man
Eevee (can transform into eevelutions for moves)

>hopes
>when Terry and Banjo are the first good picks
None.

>Sonyga/v/
jesus fuck, you're a delusional faggot

Attached: 1560103044951.png (349x301, 97K)

>New DLC characters confirmed to be separate from the Fighters Pass

>he doesn't remember 2013-2015
Oh, you probably weren't here.

>typical shitty JRPG writing, retarded story, every god damn trope in the book,
>this somehow doesn’t apply to P5 or other popular JRPGs so it has to be a parody
Zoom zoom

Reminder that if you need to use one of these terms in your logic:

>"Sakurai said that"
>"basically confirmed" / "pretty much confirmed"
>anything based on popularity / relevancy / historical meaning
>"they can't do that because"

you're just conjecturing and it's just a theory/opinion, not a fact or a rule.

You've been proved wrong hundreds of times with this shitty pattern mentality, can we just stop with this?

zzzzzz

Attached: 1568201005161.jpg (600x333, 54K)

I know you definitely weren't since you somehow missed all the Xeno threads

>i-it outsold SOME of them once with the one game that one time on the one system, who cares it's going up against series with decades of games, who cares that afaik it hasn't even broken 2 million, who cares of the mythos of bygone autism eras like the fighting game arcade craze or collectathon platformers of the early 3D era when smash has clearly evolved beyond being "Nintendo's Best" into being a crossover from videogame history

muh relevancy, people still download and emulate KoF 98 and Banjo Kazooie, Xenoblade 2 is already overshadowed by the first in pop culture, one is getting ports and remakes and the other has that webm of autistic dancing as it's legacy

Attached: 1e2867cf-19c7-421b-b6f7-4fc6c08338a0.jpg (1200x1200, 123K)

Ah right. I don't think they'll pull that out with Terry mainly because of rising tackle being charge.

are Terry's basic specials that complex? I haven't played his games but googling it brings up basic QC moves
rising tackle is just up and down
they're even easier if they're drawing from Fatal Fury

>you somehow missed all the Xeno threads
Ok you outed yourself, the majority of discussion was forced onto /xbxg/ due to how bad it got on Yea Forums

Attached: 1449743827970.jpg (550x880, 200K)

xenoboob is gay

at least P5 doesn't have terrible character designs, multiple artists that don't go well together and penis jokes

>Toothpaste Man

This caught me off guard. Nice

Well, he said he did want to do Rex, but since the DLC had already been planned in 2015, it was kind of too late, since XB2 released December 2017

Wants more collaborations =/= Wants nothing but collaborations

>>i-it outsold SOME of them
>aka post 2001 games
>b-b-but the OLD games!
Right user. Well structured argument
>people still download and emulate KoF 98 and Banjo Kazooie
Got any numbers to go with this champ?

>Sakurai tells you point blank that DLC characters will be collabs
>NO THAT'S JUST PATTERFAGGING
Kill yourself you faggot

Banjo Kazooie is arguably the best mascot platformer of all time. A genre that defined the 90s and the whole 32/64 generations of consoles.

Lurk more Zoomer

KOS-MOS will get in before Rex.
In fact, KOS-MOS should have gotten in before Shulk.

Attached: Kosmos99292200210.png (1000x1457, 2.23M)

>at least P5 doesn't have terrible character designs
???

>due to how bad it got on Yea Forums
So you admit Yea Forums talked about Xeno, good job

>at least P5 doesn't have terrible character designs
goro is cringe and the worst JRPG character designed for fujos to jack off to, he's worse then anything in any other JRPG ever on that alone

Kill yourself if you want Kos-mos is Smash cancer

Delusional retard

>KOS-MOS will get in before
Stop trying to force an inter Xeno conflict
We all want KOS-MOS, we all want Elma and we don't mind 2 reps.
Stop shitposting.

Tell me where he literally said they will only collaborate with third party studios and producers.

in Smash*

>we all want Elma
Speak for yourself

You're forgetting someone

Attached: Chad.jpg (210x240, 19K)

>we all want
Speak for yourself, I don’t want any Xeno characters in Smash.

Nah, I'll speak for the fans.

Attached: zoma+phamoz-2015-05-25-969883d3c6b0e71b89e28eae10ecd9b5.jpg (600x913, 197K)

>Imagine caring this much about a kiddie party game. You should be ashamed of yourself, almost all of you have less testosterone than a 16 year old girl

Attached: 1538743995528.png (785x1000, 254K)

Here's the top CoolROM neo Geo games as of today lmao

Attached: Screenshot_2019-09-12-04-29-39-633_com.android.chrome.png (1080x1920, 283K)

>I haven't bought any of them except plant because I don't give a shit about them
>Plant I got for free
heh

To be clear, all he said was that the DLC characters would be "new to the series" (literally meaning that they haven't been in a Smash Bros. game previously) and "characters that you would not anticipate to be in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate". He never said third-parties explicitly.

youtube.com/watch?v=g0Vsatt8-o4&t=3m2s

I don't think it's really fair to say that all the DLC characters being third-party was obvious from the beginning.

>we all want Elma
No, just you

Attached: 1538347007380.png (500x417, 251K)

Square Enix have him chained down.

>Tell me the part where Reggie said they will only collaborate with third party studios and producers for the first fighters pass
Delusional retard

>not wanting this QT
what's wrong with you?

Attached: 1528369513737.jpg (759x1075, 240K)

>we all want Elma
xenoblade x was a dumpster fire compared to 1

>most struggle to reach 2M non-unique downloads for FREE
>READ AND WEEP!
Amazing user, you really

>I don't think it's really fair to say that all the DLC characters being third-party was obvious from the beginning.
It was to everyone who didn't have brain damage

You're the one pulling stuff out of your ass here, my man. Are you mad because I broke your autistic mental pattern?

Brown qt faps aside, she's pretty bland

She'd potentially have the craziest moveset out of any fighter in the game.

Plus I'd love for some Yuki Kajiura tracks to be in Smash.
youtube.com/watch?v=YcQeJ6jATY4

Attached: KOSMOS smash.jpg (1200x675, 95K)

Oh? Its just multiple times larger than Marvel vs Capcom?

What? It's millions more Downloads than anything on the Sega Genesis?

Attached: Screenshot_2019-09-12-04-31-39-393_com.android.chrome.png (1080x1920, 350K)

>characters that you would not anticipate to be in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
What the fuck else did you think that meant?

He quite literally didn't say that

>xenoblade x was a dumpster fire compared to 1

Attached: phiphi-au-thon-2019-01-14-5cb0c0ec68de925600e7bc60bb43a91e.jpg (636x800, 86K)

Shit game, shit character

But he literally never did.

There's nothing incorrect about his statement

The state of Smash(nintendo) Bros AIMRITE?

nah it doesnt.

Third party characters have been a thing for three games now, they're no more unanticipated than any first party character at this point

Elma > Rex
COPE

>There's nothing incorrect about his statement

Attached: decoponmagi-2015-04-16-42a361f64a8904367f2deafdcb9115a9.jpg (595x842, 135K)

Attached: 1551182620313.png (805x851, 89K)

He did when Joker came

I implore you to reconsider that maybe just because you know the game, you know the incredibly tiny niche it has.

Same for basically all fighting games.

It's unironically impossible for Fei to get into Smash.
There's been a reasonable argument for KOS-MOS since Brawl that's only gotten stronger with Sm4sh and even stronger with Ultimate.

Attached: Shulk shrug.png (698x515, 209K)

>> chosen for DLC before you
>> before

Before? As if this Xeniblade Loser would enter Smash. Will Never enter.

I was implying you literal autists cannot read between the lines and will not accept any statement unless it leaves absolutely 0 room for doubt, thanks for proving me right

>tfw Isaac would unironically have a better chance if Camelot had sold out to Sony or something
A-at least we might be getting Doomguy eventually...

Attached: 1558653948859.png (1049x550, 509K)

>bland
how about I sliding slinger your shit

Attached: 1533771656346.png (683x384, 450K)

err... PIRANHA PLANT?!

In my other post I said they were nearly as bad. It doesn't make it okay for Xenoblade to do it.

I love these images, they allow you to reply to people with literally their own post and epicly own them simply by attaching the file. Really cool.

>"It’s emblematic of the approach that Mr. Sakurai and the team are taking with the DLC. He wants characters that are unique, different, to bring them into the Smash Bros. environment. So it’s going to be tremendously exciting.”

Fuck off.

I don't want Kos-mos. The boob dagger might just be the all time dumbest character design element, and that aside she's just a generic robogirl. Fiora > Kos-mos

Attached: xb-fiora-faced-mechon2.jpg (700x1320, 126K)

Ah then he must have meant
>character from recently released game with reasonably high sales

Sorry user but they'd never give us two Xenoblade 1 characters

>point out that smash fags find patterns anywhere and get proven wrong constantly
>"y-you're not reading enough between the lines guys!"

wow

>Making evidence-based conclusions means you have brain damage
You made an assumption that turned out to be true. Well done.

And let me add this, not only should Rex not get in, Shulk should also be fucking cut from the next Smash, he was a blatant shillpick with nothing going for him (his game was released twice and its sales are pathetic) fucking Isaac from Golden Sun deserves it more as Golden Sun games were literally more popular in their prime

Attached: 1540693467947.png (350x400, 205K)

>comparing Soejima or Gokuman to a sameface hack artist whose porn stuff and regular stuff might as well be the same shit

I know, I'm just sayin'

Based, fuck Xenocringe

As if Xenoblade 2 doesn't fit that exactly?

A literal footnote in JRPG history?
Fuck me you're dumb

Attached: IMG_20190727_182509.jpg (512x384, 50K)

>hundreds of assumptions proved wrong over the years
>"haha le sakurai madman rused us again"

>assumption proved right
>"IT WAS OBVIOUS FROM THE START GUYS"

>and its sales are pathetic
But you want to keep Metroid and F-Zero becasue...?

Isaacfags are the fucking worst, I bet you also called Sakurai "hackurai" when he never got in

>"Because you didn't name every other character, it means you exclude them from your complaint and think their games are perfect
They're already in the game retard, there's no point in bitching about them

It's not even a pattern, the big man himself literally told you point blank that the DLC characters will be collabs and you are simply refusing to accept like a stubborn autist

>Final Character of Pass #1: Quote/Curly
Given Shovel Knight, Shantae and Sans it feels like they're hinting at this pretty hard.

>November 1st announces Fighter Pass #2 along with one bonus character the devs were knocking around with. My gut's saying it'll be a Pokemon, either from one of the Gens without a rep or one of the starters from Sword/Shield.

Pass #2 consists of:
>Bamco Rep [Red + DAHAK, KOS-MOS, a Super Robot Wars rep (Most likely Haken, Sanger, Masaki or Kouta)]
>Capcom Rep [RE4 Leon, MvC2 Jill, Ammy/Chibi, GBA Zero]
>Konami DLC rep [Soma, John/Char, Sparkster]
>A 2nd Square rep [Neku, Gilgamesh, Geno, Sora]
>Nintendo villain rep [Giegue, LttP Ganon, Arvis/Reinhardt, Thanatos as a gag, etc]

I'm still waiting you to point out where he stated third party characters only.

>A literal footnote in JRPG history?
>best selling game in the Xeno series
>literally the only mainstream console RPG of note in YEARS
>f-footnote

Isaacfag here, Shulk is based and requires a galaxy brain to play. No reason to hate him.

Attached: 250px-IsaacPromo.jpg (250x286, 24K)

Rex doesnt deserve to be in Smash
What a shitty character

Pretty sure Xenosaga 1 still outsold Xenoblade 2 slightly.

What do you think a collab means bro

>Pretty sure Xenosaga 1 still outsold Xenoblade 2 slightly.
Nope.
4gamer.net/games/368/G036837/20190416018/

Wow you sure proved me wrong lefty boi

No waluigi no buy

>Literally the only mainstream console rpg of note in years

Don't look up the "m-muh sales" of any (literally any) final fantasy game or persona 5

Every first party that mattered was deconfirmed from the start since they were all spirits. There are like 4 first and second party characters missing from the game that would make sense as fighters and there are understandable reasons for why those characters are missing. Maybe Sakurai will throw in a bonus first/second party shill character if you preorder the next pass or something, but it won’t be a character that’s already in Ultimate in some form

>FFXV
>JRPG
I can't help but laugh

I just hope we get people like grant and Toby to work on shit next smash. imagine a mario remix by grant or an earthbound one by Toby

HE’S NEXT

Attached: ECA8451D-F7D7-4F63-A764-FE5ED1310C1E.png (400x771, 225K)

Also let's just fucking look at it from a logical standpoint, Sakurai says he wants Ultimate to be the biggest crossover it can be, why the fuck would he waste dlc slots on fucking first party characters that he will be able to use no problem in the future for the next smash installments instead of third parties that have a much higher chance of getting cut, it simply makes no fucking sense whatsoever, get your head out of yourass

I guess one open world action rpg counts but the other doesn't, huh funny how that works

>People still going on and on about a second Fighters Pass

Attached: NoPass.png (1139x167, 190K)

>action rpg
>rpg
>XV
lol

>Japanese text
Give me something I can read.
The sources I can find say, Xenoblade 2 sold roughly 1,730,000 Units while Xenosaga 1 sold 1.740,000.

That's referring to the current bundle, my friend with low reading comprehension

>the only mainstream console RPG of note in YEARS
Step aside, Xenocuck

Attached: 1559005585650.gif (180x180, 81K)

BASED

>already forgotten
>mainstream
lol

The character in the foreground is litterally an interchangeable-swords boy.

Being illiterate is no laughing matter, you probably shouldn't be on a text board if you're that stupid

It's so weird to think that it took til the DLC of the fifth game in the series to get a character with a katana. Nips are usually all over that shit.

Attached: Emoji_Icon_-_Thinking_large.png (460x480, 191K)

>implying anyone but Yea Forums autists even think about Xenoblade 2

Attached: 1554130977341.jpg (548x422, 18K)

Petition to ban all xenofag discussion from Yea Forums and kick them out to /vg/ NOW these fags are so annoying

Attached: 1499078131826.jpg (500x375, 22K)

Who let a crocodile into the courtroom?

Attached: 90-PWanimation14.gif (512x384, 1.29M)

>can go to Nintendo and RPG forums/channels RIGHT now and see Xeno discussion
>0 Octopath

Fuck off Edgeworth you're probably the faggot that admitted it as evidence out of nowhere

Fuck your zoomer swordsman, give me Kos-mos

Attached: 3d.jpg (580x435, 36K)

Sakurai had been pushing for Takamaru for a while but he fell through as a playable character.

pretty sure some forms of mii fighter have it but that barely counts.

>And will be sold separately
Besides that, you really think they'd announce more DLC characters and then only later announce that they'll be part of a second Fighters Pass instead of cutting out the middle man and announcing there'll be a second Fighters Pass to begin with?

I think Rexfags are more desperate in that regard because Rex is in more in danger of being made obsolete the moment the next Xenoblade game is announced, which will obviously have a new protagonist.

Same shit happened with characters like Midna, Gen 3/Gen 5 Pokemon, Lyn, etc, all characters that missed their one opportunity at getting into Smash due to bad timing and the fact that there were newer characters like Greninja and Ike to include.

I'm sure you can cherrypick
I can too, it's not impressive
All that matters is Octo sold more than your shitty sequel

Keep
Fucking
Crying

Yes because there are plenty of idiots who'll think that because they bought the first bundle they're set if you don't specify.

>All that matters is Octo sold more than your shitty sequel
>Octopath [NS] - 1.17m
>Xenoblade 2 - 1.73m
>Octo sold more
???

my guesses are

ryu hayubusa
shantae
namco #2
capcom # 4
Wildcard 3rd party
(mystery box)

I think nintendo already swallowed their pride by getting banjo in, i don't expect another microsoft thing

almost got Lyn in Project M first too.

No, he's an interchangeable-Blades boy.

He's so fucking screwed that it should be made clear: this manlet faggot and his mommy gf are never getting in smash. EVER.

1. Sakurai clearly spelled out for you idiots only more game worlds (ie more new IPs) from now on.
2. Even if this wasn't the case both of them are already spirits in the game.
3. He's also a shitty mii costume THAT YOU HAVE TO PAY FOR, do you think it would be well received if sakurai made you pay for dlc of the actual character when he already made you pay for a costume under the premise he wouldn't get in the game?
4. They missed their chance. Their game is too old to shill now. Nintendo would rather shill Astral Chain and Faggot Emblem.
5. Xeno is already repped enough with Shulk. It doesn't need anymore. "BUT FIRE EMBLEM", yeah everyone hates Faggot Emblem for having too many underserved reps, why do you want another case of this shit?

>"B-But Sakurai wanted him in the game there just wasn't enough tim-
"No!"
Sakurai paying some lip service to disappointed Xeno fans does in no way obligate him to work on characters that have nothing going for them just because he has more DLC slots to fill now.

Now pay 25$ for his mii costume, stop talking about them in every smash thread and fuck off.

Attached: 1567859417907.jpg (1280x720, 92K)

Oh no, Nintendo forums.
Probably the only people who still play ARMS, so I don't get the point

Reminder Xenoblade 2 sold less than ARMS.

Attached: IMG_20190912_045704.jpg (915x1627, 252K)

>1.17m
lol, where'd you get this information?
even on vgcharts it's at 1.5m and that's from january

Attached: 42620.png (729x578, 243K)

>>Final Character of Pass #1: Quote/Curly
>Given Shovel Knight, Shantae and Sans it feels like they're hinting at this pretty hard.
Delusional.

Let's say that Sony is actually willing to play ball and lets one of their characters into the Smash series, which character do you think would get in?

Attached: ratchet-and-clank1-625x350.jpg (625x350, 30K)

>ARMS sold amazingly well
>better than many established fighting games
>this is somehow bad for Xenoblade 2 (THE BEST SELLING XENO GAME, MORE THAN X, 1, SAGA 1-3, OR GEARS)
Oh no

Attached: 40EC4D34C1934448971211E579C77171.jpg (852x960, 80K)

>ARMS sold amazingly well

Attached: e19d8c08-bfcb-44d5-b3e5-bc30c3a6d97a.jpg (1280x960, 102K)

>vgcharts
Oh no no no

can i just get saki/isa, please?

Attached: 1459028561266.jpg (663x579, 39K)

Cave Story is the only one of the big indies that hasn't gotten a lick and the one that Ninty paraded around to say "Fuck yeah, we like Indies" back in the day.

Personally, I think it'll be this guy

Attached: joker.jpg (1600x867, 81K)

>shantae

Attached: 1537950029644.png (403x448, 56K)

Why on earth would I do that? Besides, the crocodile seems to be hanging out with the defense. Ask Wright about his new pet

Attached: 114-PWanimation12.gif (512x384, 52K)

>brand new IP selling over 2m
>sold poorly
>ignoring how 2 outsold 1, X, Saga and Gears

You posted their only character with charisma, so I think the discussion is pretty much over. Jak would work but Naughty Dog is actively ashamed of ever having been involved in fun games so he may as well rest in peace.

>posts no proof for his stats
Sad!

it was literally the only switch game other than zelda for a good time

>already coping
Oh no no no

>even on vgcharts it's at 1.5m and that's from january
VGChartz literally make up their numbers

Prove that statement with evidence, you fucking cunt

If the game was good it wouldn't have been beaten by a Wii U Port of donkey Kong or fucking Rabbids XCom

>those
>not well known

please try looking at things other than rosterfag threads

>vastley more complex button combos then SF does.
Not by much. It has less input leniency.

>anti-Xeno shitposter are VGChartz fags
I knew it

Crash might have a chance. Japan is aware of him (I mean hell, they're the reason we got Fake Crash) and he's been in the public eye again at full force.

Plus he's crossed over with Nintendo characters before.

Attached: Crashanddk.jpg (800x450, 96K)

Kirby literally only has 3 fighters.

>jrpg is beaten by popular mascot games on a nintendo console
Woah...

>doesn't provide a better source

Attached: 1551749927245.jpg (342x400, 114K)

>donkey kong is bad
>mario + rabbids is bad

This thread is proof that even putting Shulk in the game was a mistake from the beginning
Hopefully Sakurai will purge all monolith soft content from smash in the next game

Attached: 1488631815845.jpg (496x600, 34K)

Kratos but not cool kratos but sad dad last of us kratos

m8 i'm absolutely lukewarm on her being in myself. at this stage, she's like the polar opposite of every other character so far so the piece at least fits.if not, it's no skin off my nose.

Crash has always had the best chance considering his literal meme status in Japan. The only question is if they'll have to change his face for them like in the other games.

Leave the first parties for the next game, especially if they're from an already represented series. It would be a waste to include somebody like Rex over Dante.

Xenoblade can't get another rep because that IP already has a rep (Shulk)
Xenogears and Xenosaga on the other hand are completely different IPs.
Xenogears is disqualified because Square is Jewish with that IP
The only possible Xeno character that can get in is Bamco's robot crossover-whore that they shove into everything.

Sorry, generic swordshota.

Attached: Xenosaga.full.233397.jpg (595x842, 189K)

For a series with shit sales that's more than enough

>Sales don't matter now
Thanks

Then xenoblade 2 doesn't get in because it's a bad game, QED

Next three characters will be goku, master chief and keanu reeves. Screen cap this

I agree. The only reason I would ever want Rex in Smash is to see all the butthurt, but it still isn’t worth all the negatives that come with it.

>swordshota.
>not sworda
missed opportunity for a pun there

Literally nobody knows who this generic slut is, FUCK OFF XENOFAGS

>what are relative sales for the genre and niche
It did better than Octotrash, and comparing install bases it did better than P5. Cope.

resetera.com/threads/nintendo-software-and-hardware-sales-data-from-1983-to-present.2725/
And before you go
>ResetERA
It's the most comprehensive list of official sales numbers there is.

>Keanu Reeves
>Wake the fuck up, Samurai Jack, we've got a roster thread to burn.

Attached: 5988fc204a87e.jpg (1920x1080, 565K)

>thinking Nintendo would pick Cave Story over Undertale

Attached: 1561068782540.jpg (720x405, 56K)

>What are relative sales for genre and niche

Holy fuck, the xenofags are so fucking close to realizing how big Banjo Kazooie and KoF were

Attached: 1566240519923.jpg (284x284, 18K)

The evidence? Well, the crocodile and its placement in the courtroom is the evidence itself

Attached: 28-PWanimation4.gif (512x384, 29K)

Please don't kill yourself user I'll give you attention :(

Reminder that Takahashi has literally never made a good game
>Xenogears is an unfinished mess
>All Xenosaga games are unfinished messes (they also look like shit)
>Xenoblade is extremely generic shonenshit JRPG with terrible MMO gameplay
>Xenoblade X is an unfinished mess
>Xenoblade 2 is lol
FUCK THIS OVERRATED HACK, FUCK MONOLITH SOFT, FUCK THE XENO FANBASE, NOBODY CARES ABOUT YOUR EMBARRASSING TRASH

Attached: 1418149880700.png (395x356, 318K)

nice autistic all caps user

>autistic post
>SONIC image
Everytime

Stay mad faggot

>God awful, ban worthy, emotional argument thread
>Xenofags

>autistic rulesfags arguing over whos arbitrary made up rules are the least imaginary
i fucking hate the smash fanbase

Attached: 1567941644809.jpg (583x616, 27K)

Banjo did shit retards, Bomberman is far more famous than him

>Octopath Traveler (Outside Japan)
lol

>wojack
Stay mad newfag

I get secondhand embarrasement watching you people talk about the roster to some random party game like your lives depend on it. Go outside. Please.

>Sakurai literally, plainly, states with no room for doubt, that DLC characters will be collabs
>a-arbitrary made up rules!
Cope retard

>n-no you’re the one who’s mad I swear!!!
SEETHING

>it's LOGICAL guys
but it's still conjectures and patterns, no official statement. I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm just saying you pretend to treat this as a given when it clearly isn't.

if either sora or that idiot from xenoblade chronicles 2 gets a seat in smash it would be the biggest letdown ever for smash fans. I would personally not even consider buying a switch and smash if either of those are picked for smash

He's in

Attached: 1560311995210.png (680x680, 254K)

>I get secondhand embarrasement watching you people talk about the roster to some random party game like your lives depend on it. Go outside. Please.

Attached: 1546107181191.png (416x435, 99K)

Why would I be mad? My favorite character is already in the game, unlike your xenotrash. Hopefully Shulk will also get cut, when everybody realizes how realizes how overrated his game is with the switch port

What did happen:
>Sakurai literally, plainly, states with no room for doubt, that DLC characters will be collabs
What did not happen:
>Sakurai literally, plainly, states with no room for doubt, that DLC characters will ALL be collabs

Attached: 127863.png (1200x1042, 247K)

You seem awfully frustrated for someone who has their favourite character in.

Why do people hate Nintendo characters all the sudden?

No he didn't you fucking autist, he says he wants to do more third party characters. He never fucking said CHING CHONG THIRD PARTY ONRY OK he's not even fucking picking the dlc, nintendo is. You are seriously making things up because you have debilitating autism that for some reason compels you to obsess over smash bros DLC.

Don't listen to him, he's the Isaacuck

Attached: 1566241505070.jpg (570x526, 41K)

What spite, you fucking retard? You’re a loud and obnoxious minority. Most people DON’T want Waluigi.

The fact that there is only 1 more stage thats vacant after DLC makes me think that there’s only gonna be 1 third party after the pass.

Attached: 30A713B0-82F0-4908-98C7-9EB7FE661981.jpg (966x321, 45K)

>Generic JRPG that only got some internet fame due to its godawful britbong dub and shitty memes like I'm le feeling it and it's le reyn time
>Shulk's inclusion in smash no doubt had more to do with these epic memes than any actual merits
>Xenofags now act uppity because of Shulk in smash as if their shit series was remotely good or relevant
Name a single franchise that deserves to be cut more from smash, this embarrassing series is nothing but a blight on Nintendo's history and they should just fire Takahashi and put the rest of Monolithsoft on permanent Zelda duty

Attached: 1358151650287.jpg (240x320, 44K)

Yes, I'm sure it sold 600k in Japan, where it sold 100k first week and then promptly dropped off of the charts like a rock.

Yeah, I’m thinking he’s mad.

>Implying they can't just add more space/slots
Moron

>Name a single franchise that deserves to be cut more from smash
Fire Emblem

>christian android soldier with 19 years of history that spawned a profitable multi-media franchise and cameos in 13 different games, official mascot of developer and was pushed as a temporary mascot of the publisher
versus
>some throwaway generic zoomer swordsman with barely 2 years of history where the fanbase is already having a crisis that he's fading into irrelevancy

Attached: oof.png (1000x644, 626K)

They could pull smash 3ds and make a seperate page for dlc at that point

>trying to cause infighting because the usual shitpost tactics aren’t working
Cope

>implying us memes had anything to do with shulks japanese requests
Galaxy brain tier poster

>xenoblade 2 is the best selling Xeno game
That's because XC1 had a limited release in NA and XCX was on Nintendo's worst selling platform that isn't the Virtual Boy. XC2, in addition to releasing on a console that was selling like hotcakes AND getting a ton of marketing, had the Xenoblade name to its advantage after XC1/X developed a cult following and after Smash 4 made Shulk a household name. You're being disingenuous if you think XC2 selling the best isn't due to the circumstances and context to the game's release, and probably also argue that ORAS is a more popular Pokémon game than HGSS because it sold more copies.

Attached: 1433267435559.jpg (321x325, 16K)

Both are trash that shouldn't be in smash

Attached: 1555435226500.png (817x891, 32K)

They're in!

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 112K)

>Shulk's character trailer literally has him shouting "I'M REALLY FEELING IT" instead of doing anything that is remotely relevant to his own game
Yes

Now that'd be based.

Kill yourselves thirdpartyfags, Sakurai will add more first-party characters

Attached: 1550876760621.jpg (800x450, 66K)

Kill yourself you stupid faggot

You might be thinking of Nomura

Attached: average KH fan.png (477x596, 358K)

>implying finding unique monsters fights wasent what the opening trailer was alluding to
>implying it wasent smash that made im really feeling it a meme
GALAXY
BRAIN

>video games sell more because of marketing and brand
Who would have thought? I guess Persona 5 isn’t that popular considering it didn’t even hit 3 million with both the PS3 and PS4 install bases and the huge boost in marketing it got. But we all know that isn’t the case. The matter of the fact is XC2 is the best selling title in the meta series along with being the latest original game in it. It still gets discussed relatively often too.

>Still butt trembled after all this time

Attached: D43F49DD-0085-4226-B01E-65FAE5BAEDC3.png (395x479, 238K)

>Bomberman
>Knuckles
>Wily
>Rayman
>Shadow
>Zero
>Shovelknight
>first party
???

You're just setting yourself up for disappointment.

>Implying he's wrong

You get the idea, don't be a retarded zoomer

>No argument
Fuck off thirdparty shitters

>insinuating that he is correct

Attached: BBBC3678-8B09-4802-9F66-48C2D7976A66.png (390x464, 203K)

Argument? I don't need arguments. Sakurai plainly stated DLC characters will be collabs!

>we've gotten to the point where wanting Nintendo characters in your Nintendo crossover game is seen as a bad thing
Twitter should have never existed

We knew they were all going to be 3rd party from day fucking one. Literally before plant came out.

Are you fucking retarded?

I can't shit on ARMSfags because I'm still asking for Wonder Red now even though he missed the Smash 4 boat. I'm sure a lot of the people asking for Armsman sincerely like the game.

Attached: 1535529466339.png (500x329, 96K)

I just looked up who this kos-mos character is and she's apparently literally mary magdalene in an android body

There's no way that nintendo would let you beat jesus christ's mother in a children's fighting game.

>ywn have simon belmont beat up the virgin mary in smash
Worst timeline

Do you honestly believe autsim bear is more famous than Hudson Soft's Mascot?

Dude had more games released in 1998 (6) than there are Banjo games in total

>I just looked up who this kos-mos character is and she's apparently literally mary magdalene
Wonderful, isn't it?

Attached: KOS-MOS.png (483x1856, 645K)

The 5th fighters pass character will be third party and then you will definitively be the one with retard brain damage.

>BotW
>Splatoon 2
>Odyssey
>MK8
Cope

Banjo is the most well-remembered new IP on the N64. Nintendo didn't really start any big franchises on the N64 besides Animal Crossing, while Rare was firing on all cylinders. I'd go as far as to say Banjo represents the console as a whole for that reason.

Was a first couple month switch fag can confirm the wait for odyssey was painful

mary magdalene isn’t Jesus’s mom you Gospel-let

>Sakurai praises every game he's asked about
No one asked him about it. He wrote about it in his column.

ARMS unironically had the best character designs of any game in years but they're going to waste and it sucks.
It doesn't even have to be Smash, I just don't want all that effort wasted.

>Banjo is the most well-remembered new IP on the N64
Smash and Mario Golf are more remembered

Delete this

It sold 2 Mil, ARMS 2 is all but guaranteed. They just need to put some meat on the concept's bones to keep people interested past the initial hype.

As you have already noticed, in pretty much every smash thread there are a few buttblasted rexfags rambling about his inevitable inclusion in smash ultimate due to the fact that Sakurai supposedly loved Xenoblade 2. I'll prove with this post that this is nothing more than falsehood: Sakurai in fact doesn't care at all about Xenoblade or outright dislikes the series.

>1. Sakurai supposedly raving about Xenoblade 2 in that one interview
While this is technically true, it should be noted that Sakurai praises literally every game he's asked about, this is meaningless. Not to mention that, of course, he's not going to say anything negative about a first party game from his company.

>2. Xenoblade 2 characters
The excuse given for why Rex couldn't make it is that his game was announced too late and there just wasn't enough time to make his character. Fine, let's ignore for a moment that Piranha plant couldn't also be finished in time and yet Sakurai still went through the trouble of finishing it months after release and giving it away for free.
Even if Rex couldn't make it, another important character from the same game was an obvious choice for a simple Shulk clone (not saying who due to minor spoilers, assuming you even care about spoilers of this thoroughly mediocre game), surely if he liked the game so much he could at least have afforded to include a quick, cheap, easy clone? But instead he opted to make something like, for example, Chrom, despite the fact that Fire Emblem is already very represented and that Chrom would be the 4th clone of the same character template. Why? Because Fire Emblem is a series that Sakurai actually likes and cares about, unlike Xenoblade.

1/2

>3. Xenoblade music
This one is easy enough: only 3 tracks from Xenoblade 2 (none of them remixed), absolutely none from Xenoblade X. Pretty pitiful for a series that he supposedly likes, no?

>4. Xenoblade 2 spirits
Also easy enough: very few spirits, belonging to main characters only, all of them laughably weak. Self-explanatory.

>5. The Rex mii costume "apology"
One of the big arguments for Sakurai's supposed love for Xenoblade, the fact that he made a mii costume for Rex as an apology to Xenoblade fans. Of course, logically speaking this is total nonsense, there are already tons of characters represented by mii costumes in the game, some of them free, some of them DLC. Rex' mii costume has the bizarre privilege of being DLC with no way to get it for free in the game and also being locked behind a gigantic paywall, more than any other downloadable content in the game. Rather than an apology, this honestly looks more like Sakurai mocking Xenoblade fans (particularly Japanese fans, the most vocal for Rex' inclusion) for pestering him about including a character he didn't care about.

In conclusion, the argument that "Sakurai likes Xenoblade 2 therefore Rex a good chance" is total nonsense, delusions from desperate Xenofags. The odds of Rex making it into the game are close to none.

2/2

>Mario Golf
>More remembered than Banjo
Could've at least said Mario Tennis, I didn't even remember that Mario Golf happened.

See

>Mario Golf
I'm counting that as just "Mario" in this context, and even then NES Open predates it (Mario even has an alt based on that game). Games like OoT and SM64 are definitely more popular than Banjo, but those are established franchises who already have representatives in Smash. Link and Mario are NES characters even if their most popular games aren't necessarily on NES.
>Smash
Well of course, but I hope I don't have to explain what's wrong with the idea of Smash crossing over with itself.

Attached: file.jpg (256x368, 37K)

Mario Tennis started on the Virtual Boy, so that couldn't be used

Paper Mario is more remembered

Last character in the pass is KOS-MOS. She's planned for release in early 2020.

Reimu and Ryu Hayabusa are in but early in development. They're supposed to be revealed after the end of the pass. I don't know if they're part of another pass or just dropped randomly like Piranha Plant.

Screenshot this. See you in 2020.

Attached: 1557278837807.jpg (497x500, 59K)

What sources?

Important

>Fine, let's ignore for a moment that Piranha plant couldn't also be finished in time and yet Sakurai still went through the trouble of finishing it months after release and giving it away for free.
The idea that Piranha Plant was supposed to be in the base game but was saved for DLC is pure speculation, stop touting it as fact.

>smash crossing over with itself
Master hand is in boys

>shits on him for being delusional
>expects Nintendo to double dip Tumblrtale after already blowing their load on a Mii costume

Attached: 1560126556692.png (183x238, 14K)

A spinoff is not a new IP, user.

>Most remembered new IP of a Nintendo console that flopped in Japan

Wrong, this goes against my narrative.

>Moving the goalpost

>my imaginary rules say that third party games can't get fighters if it already got a costume

We shine ever brighter

Attached: shineeverbrighter2.png (1056x603, 537K)

>1.
He could have just not talked about it then? Sakurai isn’t part of Nintendo, he isn’t obligated to talk about their latest games.

I don’t care about Rex getting into Smash but the amount of hoops you seem to be jumping through to twist information is amazing.

based edgeworth poster

Kill yourselves Banjofags, autism bear isn't iconic and only got in because of fat manchild rosterfags spamming him 24/7 and crying about him

The fact he is playable instead of actual iconic characters like Bomberman is truly a crime.

Why are you so obsessed with sales? The N64 might have had poor sales but it's still incredibly fondly remembered. Smash both is and should be a celebration of both old and new, which is the whole reason Terry is being added to the game (representing a fondly remembered system of the past).

terry is being added to the game because nintendo wanted a character that appealed to the south american market

Yawn

>Address one small point and ignore the rest of the arguments
You are basically admitting I'm right. Sakurai doesn't give a fuck about Xenoblade, it's nothing more than xenofag propaganda

>Being this retarded
The goalposts weren't moved, you stupid nigger. You're just too retarded to understand what a new IP is.

That's bullshit but I'll believe it because I want it to be true.

Attached: 1567249895082.jpg (394x544, 145K)

>xenofag propaganda
I only had a semiester of psyche user, im not qualified to give counseling to schizos

>what is common sense
It would be like if they introduced the Chocobo miis before Cloud. Hell, Megalovania is listed under "others" too. Don't complain about delusions if you are gonna pull a spiritfag tier mental gymnastic.

Yeah we lucked out

nice headcannon. stay delusional

>Sakurai cleared Xenoblade Chronicles 2 during his New Year’s vacation. He had to dedicate a lot of time to it because of the immense amount of content, but says having so much to do also creates a real sense of growth and development
>Sakurai praises the game’s sprawling world, unique story and rich soundtrack. He thinks the map’s use of high and low terrain and its variety of areas makes it great for an open world game.
>From a developer’s perspective, he considers Xenoblade 2 a considerable achievement. Says Monolith Soft’s assistance to Breath of The Wild’s development might have improved their own open-world know-how.
>It took him a really long time to play, but for open world games, big is the right way to do it. He thinks the feeling of freedom, doing things in the order you like and going on adventures with your crew is an essential aspect of open-world games.
>There are things you can’t get by just rushing through the game. If you take your time, and dig deep, there’s a lot to love. It’s a rare type of game, so if you’re going to play it, then plant your feet and take on the challenge.

If Sakurai actually keeps going with DLC till he cant anymore like he said he wants to, then they will prob happen down the line, prob near Xenoblade Chronicles 1 remaster to promote it

>Name a single franchise that deserves to be cut more from smash
Mario

I hate Rex but his game definitely deserves the recognition and a spot in smash bros.

nice, enjoy your 25$ mii costume "apology"

>Some robot girl from a failed selling series that ended before the PS3 era and mostly only remembered nowadays to lewd is getting in smash Bros

Yeah, no. I can understand Reimu being in smash but Kos-Mos ain't getting in.

>Smash both is and should be a celebration of both old and new
Why isn't Bomberman playable then?

>Uses the N word
Hello White Incel

lol this praise is so fucking generic
"open world" lmao, you can just tell he didn't actually play the game

How hard will firstpartyfags seethe once someone like Reimu gets revealed over submarine shoes boy and puppet from one game?

you'll understand when rex is the first fighter for fighter pass 2

>He praised the game totally unprompted, completely contradicting the claim that he only praised it because he was asked about it
>"b-but it was GENERIC praise!"

Attached: 1494826001431.jpg (433x419, 31K)

Geno is third party, you fucking retard.

Nintendo doesn't care about your autistic fascination with patterns and order. They're a business selling a product. They choose which products to sell based on what they think will make the most money. There is no "oh shit we want to put frisk in the second fighters pass but we already have the sans costume, guess we can't put him in!". There are no rules.

Its more a jrpg than xenoshit

so xeno isn't a rpg?

*snap*
You only addressed one of my 5 arguments and couldn't even do it right, pathetic

>Unironically complaining about that
Hello newfag.

Everything they do has a purpose. If you wanna close yourself in fantasy land that's cool and all but don't enter a speculation thread to shit on people for speculating.

White Incels like you deserve death

Fuck niggers and trannies

After Alucard and Bomberman, don't be surprised. The Isaac fags took it worse

>mfw Rex will never get in
>mfw Elma will never get in
>mfw kosmos will never get in
>mfw Shulk and all xeno content will be cut from the next smash game due to irrelevance

Attached: 1495202690934.gif (160x126, 471K)

>mfw Shulk and all xeno content will be cut from the next smash game due to irrelevance
Never ever retard

>next smash game
Nobody tell him

Yes, everything has one singular purpose which is to make money. Why the fuck would some japanese businessman care about patterns? How is that relevant to him? In what way does avoiding certain products based on arbitrary reasons accomplish his goals? They don't fucking care that a series getting a fighter after getting a costume triggers your mental illness. They have absolutely no fucking reason to avoid choosing a character they think will sell well.

>>mfw Shulk and all xeno content will be cut from the next smash game due to irrelevance
used to say the same thing about Fire Emblem

>Xenoblade more relevant now than it's ever been
>Cut due to irrelevance
Lol

I don't know what were they thinking, everyone who play smash want their favorite nintendo character obviously
>inb4 let's pretend idorts are a real thing

Attached: R1LuSlvjxqfzW8p_3Vsgnp06zWI8wrpwb0AiSdNq_Gg.png (594x311, 95K)

Only joker is unrelated

It's not the last one stupid

I can't wait for Xenoblade to flop for the 3rd time in a row, maybe you will finally open your eyes and see how irrelevant and mediocre it is

We are not getting any first parties and even if we did we would get Edelgard and the Astral Chain dude, not this manlet faggot

>Edelgay
>Astral Shit
If we're getting any 1st party character it's Porky

He probably would have been a DLC pick if they didn't blow their load making him an AT.

> wanting shitty jrpg only liked by hipster faggots who only like it for not being anime
Now I just want Rex or more Fire Emblem out of spite

>rexfags have nothing to say but their game sold well
>despite being outsolde by ARMS
>despite Rex being a mii costume in the game already

Attached: 1503098436993.jpg (211x211, 14K)

>My literal who villain
>From a dead series of 3 games, 2 of which never left japan
>these 3 games combined don't even reach a million sales
It's already overrepresented with just 2 characters

They will say "b-b-but sakurai loves the game" even though that's completely false as proven here:

Fuck off, it outsold all Dillon's Rolling Western games combined

BASED
FUCK FIRST PARTIES

Didn't they say from the start that none of the DLC characters would be from series that already have representation?

Every night I can go to sleep peacefully knowing this faggot will never be in smash

Attached: 1499334335019.jpg (363x326, 28K)

>cut from the next smash game due to irrelevance
Like F-Zero and Metroid?

Cope, both of those have history and legacy, unlike Xenoshit

How does it feel, knowing your character is on his way, Genobros?
Us Banjobros are keeping your seat warm, see you soon!

It's the best game on the switch and the best JRPG in ages. It's not about sales but about quality

Attached: 2dy1uet1syt11.jpg (926x1370, 268K)

Imagine thinking Square is giving anything more

>best JRPG in ages

Nah. Also this is going to be on the Switch in less than 2 weeks.

Attached: DQXI_logo_EN_RGB_1000.png (1000x687, 419K)

Kill yourself faggot

It's always nice to have a thread to remind xenotards that they are not and will never be welcome on this board and that they should move the fuck back to /vg/.

Attached: 1494793736771.png (250x246, 108K)

the demo is so underwhelming that I honestly hope there is more to it but from what I've seen I doubt it

I didn't know this was resetEra

>banjo
Rex can get games in the modern era at least.

Attached: 1567637239932.jpg (900x506, 120K)

Poppi > Rex

I don't know if you're just shitposting, but it's pretty fucking sad that the modern Xeno fanbase is so up it's own ass it has to completely derail every thread it comes across to be about the series and how it deserves to be hailed as the greatest JRPG ever made.

The fact that they act victimized over not getting Rex when the game is loaded with spirits, some songs, and a direct apology from the man himself, it's really telling.

I never saw these douchebags back when this was a niche series, don't why they decided to attach themselves to it like a tumor.

>Poppifags
What's wrong with you

Attached: 3d4.jpg (217x460, 15K)

>y-you should be grateful reeeeeeeee

Attached: lW0tOI0.gif (540x268, 120K)

You should considering most people get literally nothing.

>Banjo Kazooie
>such a beloved IP that it still burns brightly in people's minds even 19 year after the last good game and 11 years after the flop last game, and maintained popularity as a Smash request for almost two decades despite "irrelevance"
>Xenoblade 2
>sold fine but is now largely forgotten, even after an expansion game, and couldn't even stick around as a potential DLC candidate for Smash despite Sakurai's apparent praise of the game

So what, just don't have expectations eat shit anyways, nice philosophy

I thought most threads were shitposting about which of the three blade games is the best with occasional posting from saga and gears fags

based, fuck firstpartyfags

Nah, but don't act like a whiny faggot when the creator of the series gave your choice in specific a handjob while everyone else that didn't make it got nothing.

You guys act like ironic wojak posters about it.
>IT'S NOT FAIR BROS! OUR GAME DESERVES THAT SPOT!!!

Rex and his wives are getting in. Think of all the taunts depending on who rex has out. The combos when you switch blades, victory animations and pneuma for the final smash.

>Joker isn't even on a Nintendo platformer
which makes Rex not getting in even more comical, imagine being a xenokek

dq11 is the worst game ever made

Nah not even the worst jrpg of this gen, that goes to ff15

rex is one of shittiest design in existence

you mean like all of the DLC so far?

>yeah I'm sorry, here you can pay 25$ for a mii costume even though Mia is free
>a handjob
apologists like you are mentally ill, what the fuck is wrong with you

Attached: tenor.png (392x500, 201K)

actually, change out eevee with rex/phyrra/mythra

15 is the best JRPG SE ever made

Attached: FFMC5.jpg (1395x1729, 736K)

Anytime I see XB2 brought up, it's only for the "This is suppose to be funny?" topics.

Terry is well known, zoomer. Final Fight and KoF aren't obscure.

15>nier a>p5>octopath>xb2>trash>dq11>kh3

Imagine hating the most soulful JRPG in years.

he's right

>Nintendo chose the DLC
>This means no Nintendo characters

Attached: maxresdefault (16).jpg (1280x720, 84K)

lol 3 songs and a 25$ mii costume, thank you sakurai

>apologists
Again, you guys are so far up your own asses that when Sakurai himself apologizes to you, it's not good enough, you feel you're important enough that you're entitled your character's place in Smash.

You Rexfags are quickly becoming worse than Waluigifags.

Are you insinuating Banjo didn't deserve to be in smash?

The other three on the other hand...

You don't know what apologist mean or something?

Am I living in a parallel dimension where Xenoblade 2 has not been consistently shit on by Yea Forums for years, to the point of having dedicated haters who even got a certain webm banned on sight by mods due to being spammed multiple times daily?
Seriously just look at this fucking thread, yeah we act victimized, sure

Everyone deserve it, none of them should be there though

>thought the chances for my fav were fucked because of joker
>more dlc announced
>more collaborations implied
>wants to showcase more japanese IP's
>super puyo puyo 2 suddenly drops on western snes online untranslated
>mfw my hopes went from 100 to 0 back to 100 instantly for the next dlcs
nintendo pls stop
user, it's pretty well known plant was supposed to be a base game fighter that got moved back to DLC

Attached: 1563130947970.png (320x224, 35K)

I think Xenoblade 2 SUCKS

>Pneuma for the final smash
>Not Siren
Very gay

don't we see terry actually input crouch back for his burn knuckle in his gameplay?

A 25$ mii costume isn't an apology, he was mocking xenotards for pestering him about including a shitty character

You're claiming I'm an apologist for Sakurai, like he did something wrong by apologizing to you guys.

>user, it's pretty well known plant was supposed to be a base game fighter that got moved back to DLC
Speculation is not fact. If you can provide conclusive proof that this was the case then I'd love to see it.

dq11 is soulless

Doomguy should be in Smash.

Attached: 1532707865970.jpg (125x122, 3K)

>sword fair man with steroids
>requires a galaxy brain to play

Attached: 1552383573599.png (300x322, 114K)

Xenoblade 2 was a fun game, but Rex is a pretty terrible protagonist. XB2 also released too late to make the dlc picks, Sakurai explained that.

Joker is a fine rpg rep and a good followup to Cloud.

This isn't about Xenoblade 2, it's about the Xeno fanbase in general, everything anything comes up about the games in an unrelated thread, you derail it to be about you.

>Speculation is not fact
Bet you also said that about Reggie's statement you 0 brain autist

No I'm calling you an apologist because you defend anything Samurai does. And what he did was indeed wrong, you don't call a mii costume put under a 25$ paywall an apology, more like a slap in the face

>people still think namco is gonna get anything

>not wanting smash to be Mugen.
The fuck is wrong with rostertards? I think it’s amazing I’ll be able to rising tackle a down air fast falling Mario soon.

That happens with so many games, like smash bros for example. Nice selective hearing

p sure they didn't even change his face in game in trilogy/ctr, only on the box art

>hurr me short hop me swing big sword
Fuck off, will be glad when he gets cut from smash after his game flops for the 3rd time

it stops before the best character is introduced so i understand why you feel that way
also did you use party chat?

You don't know me, I shit on Sakurai's ideas quite often actually, and the mii costume being a part of the season pass is irrelevant, the mii costume itself wasn't the apology, it was added on to it, he still took the time out of the direct to explain why your choice in specific didn't make it in, and that's not good enough for you.

Nobody else got an apology, an actual reason for why their character didn't make the cut, and in many cases, spirits, mii costumes, music, and online avatars, all of which Xenoblade 2, a niche JRPG, has in Smash, yet you guys act like spoiled children.

I never see those people claim it's the greatest fighting game ever made and we need to sing songs of praise in it's name.
I also don't see them shit on other games to make their favorite seem good.

The moment Xenoblade 2 came up, you guys start shitting on Persona 5, and Dragon Quest 11, nobody said anything about them until you got here.

Fact: Rex is just Roy but more interesting and should replace him in the next smash game

Yeah I don't know you, but I know you are being an apologist right now
>but the mii costume wasn't the apology
He still did that and I'm angry about it. What I don't know is how people as stupid as you who can't even comprehend why people complain exists

Third parties are cool
This

Attached: 1559078799911.gif (1100x450, 326K)

>He still did that and I'm angry about it
Why? If it was free you weren't gonna use it anyway.

Persona and Dragon questfags also shit on xenoblade though, do you even discuss videogames?

Roy is part of a successful series with history and legacy.
Rex is some rando faggot on a series on life support by Nintendo made by a guy who has literally never made a decent game

They are blinkered by their autistic desire for order (nooo it's a Nintendo fighter) rather than seeing the GOAT potential of official MUGEN.

I think you got Rex and Roy's series mixed up a bit there.

All of the DLC are more important than Rex, who willl be forgotten in a few years in favor of the Xenoblade 3 protag

No, I'm pretty sure I didn't. Kill yourself you fucking idiot. Hope Sakurai adds Edelgard just to spite you.

I love Miis actually, and I use a lot of different Mii characters
>Actually admiting a Mii costume is an useless gift
now this is pottery

Attached: tenor (1).gif (220x223, 143K)

Assuming there's even a xenoblade 3. The original xenoblade has already flopped twice, the switch port is probably nintendo giving it its last chance before dropping this shit series and putting monolith soft on permanent zelda development.

mexicans, fujoshis, and gays

I never said Sakurai gave you a gift, I said he gave you an apology, something no one else got.
The mii costume was just added on to the apology.

>It's not popular in America so it's not popular at all!
SNK fighters are huge in places like latin america and korea. Just because he's not popular here doesn't mean he's not popular anywhere.

Ok, replace gift for apology, whatever

>Replace 'Rex' with 'Joker'
>Replace 'Xenoblade 3' with 'Persona 6'

The mii costume wasn't a useless apology, because it had nothing to do with it.

Persona 6 won't be out until long after the next Smash to be fair.
We have like a decade of P5 milking to look forward to.

Sakurai is a Persona 5 fan

And it's the reason why I was complaining, read my posts again

He's also a Xenoblade 2 fan

It's fine if you're only complaining about the mii costume being stupid, I thought you were only complaining about Rex getting in.

Heres who i think has the best chance. 1st party not a chance.. unless mother 3(d) is being released.. in which case Duster is a new character and Porky a new boss.

Attached: dlccandidatesT.png (1308x722, 1.51M)

>He thinks that's a good thing
Personafags love to eat garbage, they are like pokefags

"No!"

the biggest one is that his victory theme is inbetween inkling and incineroar internally, instead of at the end of the list like literally every other dlc character
and the second one is the fact that he's the only one with a palutena guidance entry

>Personafags love to eat garbage
So do Xenofags

You do realize Akira Howard is first party, right?

Empty lip service

Keep seething xenocuck

This isn't conclusive proof, you could just as easily argue that all of this is true simply because the character was developed alongside the base game rather than afterwards like all other DLC characters.

You are retarded

>if I keep saying it people will believe me

st Party
>Bandana Dee
>Geno
>Wonder Red or Viewtiful Joe
>Travis Touchdown
>Ribbon Girl

This is why nobody takes firstpartyfags seriously. THESE are the fucking characters they ask for.

Either way, the number of franchises represented in Smash is still quite big overall.

Attached: This number is 232 now that Goemon and Sans are in as well.png (1366x768, 1.35M)

I'm not the one getting a deluxe version of a 3 years old game

Attached: OK6W_koKDTOqqqLDbIoPAizypB31hX6IvXWpYpzxpTw.png (1280x738, 1003K)

I hadnt heard of king of fighters until the new fighter was announced

And you don't have a leg to stand on, sorry little fella

Instead you're getting a 60$ "Definitive Edition" of a game ported 3 times already.

Wonder Red and Travis are the only ones worth giving a shit about that he listed, and Travis isn't even first. The only decent first party pick left excluding stuff that's spirited away is the Astral Chain protag

Attached: 0b06e2ad8ece71c22bb16aba63b6b6d8.gif (344x194, 1.89M)

I thought he was a platinum project that nintendo published. If he's first party he's not getting in then.

No, you are getting a """remaster""" of a 9 year old game that has already been released twice

>3 times
Stop embarrassing yourself user

plant being the only one with a palutena guidance IS conclusive proof you fool
those were only recorded during the development of the base game

You're right, I meant to say "released" it was only ported twice.

>The character was developed alongside the base game rather than afterwards like all other DLC characters

I'd still bet on FP2 giving us a gen 8 Pokemon, an FE3H character (possibly doing what they did for Awakening where you have one fully new character and an echo fighter or two,) and at least one other first-party character, but it also wouldn't be completely surprising for them to just stop doing first party characters for DLC altogether and we don't see another first party inclusion until Smash 6.

I wish they added more fucking space for Mii costumes and stages. What's the fucking point of letting us download them from others if we have so little space?

Attached: angrycelicaeyes.png (198x197, 84K)

THIS
they also still need to fix platforms being wack in stage builder and add in a orange material of some kind

I refuse to believe anyone wants rex, they all want mythra and pyra to show up along with him so they can wank over it

HE'S IN

Attached: 1560918299533.png (1366x768, 719K)

Why do you choose to be retarded