Star citizen

you assholes told me this game was a scam

Attached: quantum jump.webm (800x450, 2.9M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RgjTf41QAnY&t=527s
ign.com/articles/2017/11/29/star-citizen-now-lets-you-buy-digital-plots-of-land-with-real-money
youtube.com/watch?v=w8FIGkJ_NyI
cloudimperiumgames.com/blog/corporate/cfo-comment-2012-2017-financials
pcinvasion.com/second-star-citizen-loan-explained/
youtube.com/watch?v=VhsgiliheP0
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ArcheAge
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Fuck off cultist

It is.

>you assholes told me this game was a game
ftfy

at this point, people who tell me this isn't a game look like the cultists to me. they're like flat earthers, no amount of photographic or video evidence with convince them, it all has to be faked, all the streamers, everything

Attached: ScreenShot0120.jpg (1600x900, 331K)

The Legionnaire is my favorite of the tier 1 starter ships. It's relatively sturdy, has a shitload of dakka, and like all of the Auroras has some of the best cockpit visibility in the entire game. I CCU'd mind to a 315p, which is nice, but I'm legitimately considering going back.
The "Fly directly from outer space through the atmosphere and onto the surface of a planet seamlessly with no loadtimes" shit still blows my mind.

Attached: 54406_06_star-citizen-shines-new-screenshots.jpg (1920x1080, 325K)

Nice space sim you have there.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-09-12 1568280913298 jpg (JPEG Image, 1600 × 900 pixels).png (105x40, 7K)

it is.

Oh yeah, it's not like the entire games embedded in "micro"transactions that can go for hundreds to thousands of dollars.

Fuck off Chris.

not to mention "go absolutely fucking anywhere on said planet, circumnavigate it if you want"
there's a surprising amount of shit hidden out there unmarked.
this is perhaps the most retarded criticism I have ever seen

Attached: predawn flight.webm (960x540, 828K)

>a ship warping in space
Woa, this has NEVER been done before. Top tier gameplay op

Great, he's talking to himself now.

>new OP level shitpost keeprolling in
>post count not going up
no astroturf here

Go on any of the few planets they've actually coded in the game and do literally nothing when you land except deliver a package. No Man's Sky is literally more enjoyable of an experience and way less expensive.

Fuck off Chris.

That's pretty great too. Outside of restricted flying areas around some cities (which would be a realistic consideration to make sure you couldn't just jihad your ship into a residential building) you can go anywhere you want on any of the planets in the game.

I've already stumbled across wreckage from crashed ships, surprisingly spooky to explore.

why are you legitimately angry at this game

see
And fuck off Chris

>wreckage from crashed ships, surprisingly spooky to explore
fucking right it is

Attached: fukken dabbed on.webm (960x540, 1.69M)

>see, look at all the bullshit
>i told you
the actual state of Scam Victims

nice video game

Attached: image.png (1874x933, 1.16M)

Yeah, it is.

There are two stupid shills in this thread who actually paid into this game and they're near hitting their bump limit.

Don't bump this thread or reply to those idiots.

I have no idea what that is but it's not official for sure. not their website layout and they dont price any micro bs in dollars, you gotta buy their funny money and spend that

No one is forcing you to spend any more than the $45 that the game costs to play right now. The two starter ships you can choose from are both fairly decent, and if you want to fly other ones you can buy them in-game with money you make from doing missions, you can snag a free Cutlass from a mission on Hurston, or you can join an Org that has whales and fly someone else's ship.

Just because some doofuses spend hundreds or thousands of dollars on ships doesn't mean you have to. Odds are you've spent more than that on your wow subscription.

Not buying into that "game" i equate it to a pay to win mobile game

The 300 series has the first implementation of ship customization, that's what it looks like.

You can buy extra shit like different colored trim, better weapons/engines/etc, or random interior appliances like a coffee maker or a space crockpot that will eventually have a use once the survival mechanics are implemented but as for right now are just decorative.

You don't actually have to spend any money on any of it, and you can get a bunch of cosmetic changes for free.

Eventually it should be rolling out for most of the ships in the game, which will be a nice way to make sure that you don't have a universe filled with a bunch of ships that are the exact same color.

how long can you keep that cutlass, can you hangar it? will it last a whole session?
>I'll never try it myself but I sure will jump on any chance to complain about it
no idea why Yea Forums turned on this game, I attribute it to you mostly being gullible. they do free weekends sometimes you know

so u think by replying to a thread ur bumping it
can't be this stupid

ok

It is. You can buy shitty cosmetics for reworked 300 series.

Attached: image.png (768x377, 88K)

>scam citizen
lmao, no.

>Just because some doofuses spend hundreds or thousands of dollars on ships doesn't mean you have to.
No but it does mean they'll have an advantage over everyone that does retard, and you're missing how terrible/greedy of a system it is to charges hundreds/thousands of dollars for ingame content.
>you can buy them in-game with money you make from doing missions
You are such a fucking drone if you actually believe you can get items that cost thousands of dollars with in game currency without wasting your entire life away.

Fuck off Chris.

>40fps on 1080
>promise of a campaign release in 2016

Fuck off, Chris.

oh fuck off Op/Chris you're not fooling anyone

>Yea Forums is one person. I took a look and equated it to a mobile game with buyables up the arse.

Post YFW you didn't fall for scam citizen

Attached: 1566830836928.gif (173x267, 2.51M)

Attached: 1565127105469.jpg (562x651, 145K)

Attached: 1549346956231.jpg (638x638, 22K)

One of the biggest scams of gaming, and to be honest I actually admire the developers for dragging it along this long and for how they did it. They will continually keep developing a game that will never release, yet the 'fans' will continue to keep buying pre-order/exclusive ships etc.

>5fps 900$ citizen
k
how much did you spend on it already

>no amount of photographic or video evidence with convince them
There ARE videos and photos of literally no gameplay. youtube.com/watch?v=RgjTf41QAnY&t=527s

Yeah, I can't help but feel some form of morbid admiration for the effectiveness and length of a scam on such a massive and obvious scale. It's like the dude who sold the Eiffel Tower twice.

>They will continually keep developing a game
you mean like every other mmo?

Especially this video is mindless shilling of the big nothing the game is.

>CI"g" is now thinking about prison gameplay
Cab't wait for the jailbreaker ship, order now!

>make video walking around orgrimmar doing nothing
>wow look theres nothing to do
are you retarded

>you mean like every other mmo?
Yeah, but an MMO that will never release.

Attached: 1567274089327.jpg (961x960, 113K)

why dont you quote the rest of his post Chris?

>Deletes progress every update
>Barely any content
>Lots of other things I'm probably forgetting
How is that not a scam?

Attached: 1564378357255.jpg (1280x720, 239K)

you can play it right now though so what does 'release' even matter?

>Dude we've already got space to fly around in and a few planets too, why do you want a full product?!?!
Fuck.Off.Chris.

You can play a ton of tech demos that look better than games today, still doesn't make it a full game.

"Guys play this broken ass game that we totally promise will be released fully. Just wait another decade and give me more money...n-no refunds"- Chris

It is. After 8 years, there's only the absolute most basic form of gameplay, with the only interesting/unique part being that you can freely walk around ships.
There is no ground AI (just scripted pathing and actions), there's hardly any space AI, trading/cargo is in the most simplistic form (that makes Elite Dangerous look like some deep shit), mining is bland and requires a specific ship, and that's basically all there is to it.
The two planets have small hubs with a handful of basics (most of the 20 or so clothes can't even be worn by the female characters), no life to them, and the moons are deserted aside from a handful of small buildings with nothing going on in them.
Joining together in ships is meaningless as there's no gameplay whatsoever, and after all these years they still haven't even begun to implement anything related to scavenging, repairing, medical, science, exploration, hacking, farming, building or even basic mission/role sharing in teams.
Even the moons and planets that have been added are extremely basic in design.

They have dozens of features "planned" but after all these years, nothing to show for it. Nothing.

imagine being this mad at a game for being early access

Attached: whaling.webm (750x422, 2.92M)

Decades long early access?

>completely ignores every point raised throughout the thread
>posts yet another shitty webm of absolutely nothing happening
Honestly just give it up Chris

kickstarter was 2012, work on your math

Attached: korea boogaloo.webm (750x422, 2.77M)

Okay so 7 years isn't a long time for a game into be in early alpha? You're such a fucking drone.

Attached: 1473279232398.jpg (379x418, 52K)

>7 years
>extremely basic fps and ship gameplay
How is this acceptable? Seriously, what is your view on this?

There are still shills of Star Citizen in Yea Forums in /CURRENTYEAR/

Pre-Alpha 3.0™
Fuck off Cr/miss tickle

>kickstarter was 2012, work on your math
2011. Your Jesus lied to you. Back in 2011 he said it is already in development which is excuse why he has a lot of jpgs and videos for the kickstarter.

What got revealed by the lawsuit is Crytek made those.

Great and in that time all they have is a grifting overpriced tech demo. Don't hesitate to address any other points of concern in this thread. Also nice webm of nothing

mmos typically take at least a decade

except fallout 76 I guess
you're right, they should emulate that model

If you wanted a buggy 3D model viewer I guess you got what you wanted. If instead, you wanted a real game, you got scammed.

Source: ass

>it's not a scam because noones forcing you to spend money
Every time

Fuck off

It looks more like an alpha, m8. Is there even a win condition in the game?

>webm of nothing
you kind of out yourself as impossible to satisfy when you can't even be objective. finding your ship under fire by another player, and jumping out just before it explodes is not 'nothing' and you look stupid claiming it is

>mmos typically take at least a decade
This game has gotten more funding than practically any mmo or even game for that matter and you can literally play the progress they've made.

And don't make me laugh by comparing it to an mmo...What is the player cap? 32?

And then EvE online continued to be the dominant space sim

October of 2012.

It was also asking for only $500,000 because the game at the time was basically nothing more than Wing Commander HD.

Well if that's something to you I bet Chris could shit in a bucket and you would call it GOTY

is there in any mmo? get rich, buy the best gear/ship, shit on others in pvp

Isn't this supposed to have singleplayer too before it branches out into the mmo part?

Then what is it? Because it looks like it's literally the only form of gameplay the game has after all these years. Shoot at each other and, IF you even get the chance, jump out of it if you're losing.
Which is actually the wrong thing to do, as you're better off dying and respawning so you can regain your ship more quickly.

>DAE LE SPACE EXPLORATION XD
Have fun funding those vacation homes, the devs are all still laughing

ok, keep being a retard I guess, doesn't affect my life. have some more nothing

Attached: overdoing it.webm (960x540, 2.88M)

When did you come to terms with that it was not a scam?

Attached: lolchris.jpg (1024x768, 121K)

How much usd worth in fuel did you spend on that warp?

Attached: WoW.png (841x339, 434K)

Why are all of the things you show of extremely minor features/graphics shots rather than say, footage of a player going on an actual mission complete with multiple objectives and various things to do?

Could it be that you only show these little snippets because the actual thing as it exists right now is little more than an empty box with serviceable graphics, fancy window dressing and basically nothing of note to actually do?

Wow, basic ship to ship combat. What amazing progress after seven years.
And clearly it does affect your life because you're trying so hard to shill a near-featureless game.

yeah but they got too ambitious/perfectionist with the single player, and all the mechanics for it apply to online, so the mmo side improves while it stays in eternal polish phase

Aww poor baby upset. Go sink more money into a game that will never release.

did not some guy made the math and concluded you needed to play for a month to get some of the medium-high end ships?

>basic
k retard

Attached: painting a cutlass.webm (960x540, 2.94M)

>finding your ship under fire by another player, and jumping out just before it explodes is not 'nothing' and you look stupid claiming it is
Gee Chris, maybe if any of that stuff were actually in that webm you're talking about they would feel as amazed as you want them to

You say 'fall for it' like it's a trap or hidden sinkhole, not just willingly dumping yourself right off a tall cliff

Attached: 1522360530931.jpg (650x427, 70K)

>rather than say, footage of a player going on an actual mission complete with multiple objectives
because I have a 3mb limit, what? I can give you like 17 seconds tops. you want more, go to youtube

looks VERY basic. Not even using more than one weapon type. And my god why is he floating like that?

Is this the best you've got Chris???

The singleplayer/co-op story is a prequel to the multiplayer universe. You can choose to play as the same character in both if you want. One of the ways to get "citizenship" in the multiplayer portion of the game (which will change things somewhat) will be to complete a tour of service in the imperial navy (the singleplayer storyline). Some other stuff is supposed to carry over as well, but I don't know if they've mentioned anything else concrete.

How is that not basic? Literally how?

So what's the flight model this time Chris ?

Starfield is going to blow this scam the fuck out.

> Why aren't you showing me a 25 minute mission start to finish in .webm form on Yea Forums?
> Heh, owned

>you want more, go to youtube
if there are so many epic pvp videos why dont you just link one instead of using these garbage webms?

I've been to youtube, there's not more.
I asked that question knowing that I was right because I had already done my research on the issue. There's nothing to do in the tech demo as it currently exists other than amble around directionlessly and record 10 second long webms of things that superficially look cool but in reality are just empty window dressing to an otherwise empty experience.

>using more than one weapon type
wow, high standards you have. mixing weapon types fucks up your convergence though, it's a bad idea for bad players

Attached: krejcik.kpg.jpg (719x652, 51K)

that wasn't even the question he asked Chris.

Is there anything like subsystem targeting or is it Freelancer with 2016 graphics ?

>bethesda
if anything it will be free advertising for sc

Attached: 1548200524423.jpg (413x395, 34K)

Can you show us some webms of
>salvaging
>medic
>science
>exploration
>building
>repairing
>player economy
I mean, after seven years I'm sure they have a good representation of where they want to go with these features, yes?

None of the in-game pricing is settled yet, so any calculations done now won't be accurate in the future.

Even if it was accurate, being able to get a high end ship after only a month of playing doesn't really seem that bad. Plenty of MMOs require retardely high time investment for any sense of progress.

there is, but it's impossibly difficult unless you get the drop on someone, the speeds are just too high to do more than target the whole ship

or maybe I'm just bad

Attached: pin pulled.webm (960x540, 2.14M)

Looks basically like Elite Dangerous or other space games.
The only difference being that you can exit your pilot seat and walk around (although there's nothing to do than enter a turret for most ships). Is that all you want from a game?

Fuck off.

Go to hell you fucking spic moron

>so deep in the retarded shit you can't see anyone else as sane
Get help, now.

System damage is a planned feature. Distortion weapons can shut ships down currently. Right now everything is Time to Kill, but in the future we'll also be looking at Time to Disable so there will actually be something left to scavenge afterward, or the possibility of taking a pilot alive instead of killing him (one of the ships has prisoner cells in its cargo hold and bounty hunting is a planned game career).

so if it's elite but with more, why does no one shit on elite this bad? like, same dev time, same amount of unfulfilled features, LESS mechanically to show for it, no backlash

Wow, amazing, a grenade! Epic gameplay!

>None of the in-game pricing is settled yet, so any calculations done now won't be accurate in the future.
then why are you defending the games is ready to play now?

>118 posts
>40 IPs

Attached: 1567819738483.gif (500x500, 2.51M)

That looks like nothing. I could do this shit in space engine for free

People shit on ED all the time for being shallow af. There's just no shill threads like this that invite it.

not OP but people make more than one post per thread

I recently replayed Freelancer. It has a very basic damage model. Why the fuck didn't Star Citizen expand on that single complain ? It's nothing but
>shoot down ship HP bar

What's the point of a space game if the gameplay is utter ass ?

I could show you that Elite fucking dangerous has more compelling gameplay with just a handful of my own clips from throughout the years, and that game is a fucking sponge as far as dryness.

Elite still has better dogfighting for a game released years ago. Elite doesn't claim to be some grand space opera. It's just a semi realistic fly around do shit game. It's relaxing.

Because it doesn't look like a cohesive game yet but several sandboxes throw together.
The amount of systems actually working in a fucking multiplayer environment is staggering but it doesn't look close to a finished state just yet

>game has nothing, show us some combat or something!
>that's just conventional combat like any game!
then what makes it a scam? basically, you're retarded and dishonest, nothing could ever exist with the name star citizen that you wouldn't shit on.

Attached: space to ground fighting.webm (960x540, 2.94M)

>elite dangerous is boring and pointless
>star citizen is a scam that will never get finished
>eve online is not even an option
>rebel galaxy outlaw is a piece of hot garbage
I just want a space game with advanced ship controls but a tighter experience with no downtime. Is that so much to ask?

>You are such a fucking drone if you actually believe you can get items that cost thousands of dollars with in game currency without wasting your entire life away.
This. any game with real-life currency exchanges will fuck you in an attempt to make you spend money. for a $5000 ship, you better believe they will balance it so you work 1000 hours for it.

so it also has nothing to do, but it's a good thing. makes perfect sense

So it's a CoD clone in space ?

>shoot down ship HP bar
Meanwhile, in 2014 Arena Commander.

Attached: my thrusters are in orbit.webm (800x500, 2.95M)

Or are you saying that after seven years, all they have to show is basic combat?

Elite has a tons of things to do. You can go fight pirates, explore the galaxy or trade. What else are you gonna do in space ?

>this fucking guy

Attached: baffled.png (392x334, 247K)

Because you can literally install and play the game right now with nothing more than $45

And the point is ?

>then what makes it a scam?
-The hundred-thousand dollar costs to buy basic in-game features like ships and cities.
-The decade+ development cycle that's seen elements of the game entirely scraped
-The fact after over a decade and the biggest crowdfunding campaign in fucking history they have NOTHING to show for it except small fucking space lobby

I could go on but all these points have been made throughout the thread. Please just stop now Chris.

Nice Space Engine webm.

What are you guys gonna play the star citizen scam and the squadron 42 scam on?
I have a thrustmaster warthog hotas but I wish I went for these russian and belarus sticks, everyone is saying they are better and feel smoother. The warthog just isn't made for fine adjustements and it sticks on the vertical and horizontal axis, meant for jet plane military simulators where you just push or pull hard into one side.

At least get a joystick if rudder pedals and a throttle is too expensive.
There's no joy in playing with a gamepad or mouse and keyboard.

Attached: vkb sim virpil.png (2997x716, 1.13M)

once they made it so engines lost are actually gone it bacame annoying as fuck. in a cutlass you can be reduced to a floating cockpit with no guns or control, but still alive, spinning helplessly

Yeah, when there's a discussion.
Read the thread.

Apparently yeah.

how is people replying to OP not a discussion

>-The hundred-thousand dollar costs to buy basic in-game features like ships and cities.
cool, you literally don't know anything about it, lol. what kind of retard reads that on Yea Forums and accepts it uncritically

Hey Everspace 2 might be up your alley. Too bad it's coming out in 2021

You're mentally ill bro

>I don't know what hyperbole is.
Yep, you are indeed autistic

>The decade+ development cycle

> Kickstarter was October of 2012
> It is currently September of 2019
> A decade has 10 years in it

Seven years is a long time, but the last time I checked it was still a lower number than "10+". Maybe you missed that day in Kindergarten when everyone else learned that.

You can do this exact same thing in Freelancer.
At least show the Space to Planet transition if you want to impress someone

ok ok 45 dollarès is fine and good, but what if I want to play it for free ?
is it pirateable yet?

Attached: 1566576097893.jpg (385x789, 29K)

>lol. what kind of retard reads that on Yea Forums and accepts it uncritically
you're joking right? Alls you have to do is browse the fucking shop

Attached: scamcit.png (917x378, 505K)

And after 7 years, what do they have to show for it? List it, please, for simpletons like us, because we're clearly missing something here.

Reminer that the original FULL release was in 2015 and it has been indefinitely postponed

hyperbole is supposed to be funny, you're just being wrong.

>Getting stuck on people rounding up to get a decade.
You are also autistic

>Freelancer
Now that was a good game.
*crack* *siiiiiiip* ahhhhhh
really though why havent any developers been able to recreate what that old ass shoestring budget game did

> Is this alpha version of a multiplayer only game that doesn't have private servers pirateable yet?

I respect your desire to save your money user, but use your head here.

Star Citizen is the finest example of
>Cult mentality
>Sunk cost fallacy
>Feature bloat
That I've ever seen.

The amount of damage control

Attached: Tucker.jpg (387x648, 151K)

yes, theyhave 'literally everything' packs for whales that want to feel like vegas high rollers, and be treated the same by the company. they probably sold like, one.

It was funny just not to you my autistic friend. Also hyperbole is an exaggeration it doesn't have to be funny

it began in 2011 so that's 8+ years. In a few more months it will be 9 years. It's cute how you can't defend the game but you desperately try to defend the fact "IT HASN'T QUITE BEEN THATTT LONG YET!" Just go to bed Chris.

I really tried liking it during the last Free Flight, but besides being a nice demo, there wasn't much game. Had some fun flying around, but as soon as I tried a mission the game what itself. Couldn't even collect the cargo I was supposed to carry.

Because Freelancer's lore actually took some effort. Underspace looks like a decent alternative soon to be released but it's not that different. Basically a clone. Freelancer's main issues are the bad dogfight mechanics and the dumb sense of scale. Suns and planets are basically just a couple of kilometers apart.

you're trying to make a point about how long it's been so yes, inflating the numbers is just lying. do you even talk to people irl?

> I don't actually know what I'm talking about
> I make up numbers in my posts
> When people correct me I claim it was hyperbole instead of me being retarded
> I then call them autistic instead of admitting I was wrong

Your average Yea Forums poster, ladies and gentlemen

Attached: 54406_07_star-citizen-shines-new-screenshots[1].jpg (1920x1080, 347K)

To be more exact, that 27k package was requested by the whales because it was an easier way to just have everything instead of separate things.

That was kino though
And the combat was great, I hate space sims that go way overboard on the "immersion" and have a billion buttons just to fly the damn ship. Freelancer was nice and intuitive.

And that's okay? You don't even have an argument.

And that's just one example, I don't feel like listing them all. The whole game is made as a monopoly for rich hobbyist assholes.

ign.com/articles/2017/11/29/star-citizen-now-lets-you-buy-digital-plots-of-land-with-real-money

^defend this next Chris.

>multiplayer only
not him but SQ42 exists doesn't it, I have more faith in that than SC itself at this point

lmao can't be true
>LET US SPEND MORE MONIES
lol some people I swear

>ship warps in space
>white flickers flying around
What is the name of this trope

Attached: eww.jpg (928x825, 52K)

It's basically Need for Speed in space. I just wish it had subsystem targetting and more weapon diversity. There are still hints in the descriptions that a lot of content was cut.

btw I've used those black orange plastic thrustmaster hall effect joysticks and they feel really cheap and flimsy, feels like a bit of a toy even if it fits the hand.
I had this old logitech,pic related, extreme 3d pro and while it was okay, it really just feels like a toy as well and the swiveling hurts my wrist. It's why I went for a hotas in the first place.

You're legit dumb.

>"S-SURE, I WON'T DENY ANY OF THE POINTS OF THERE BEING NOTHING TO DO OR IT BEING COMPLETE SHIT...BUT IT HASN'T BEEN 10 YEARS YET GUYS!! NOT QUIET YET!!"

This. He's made millions.

forgot pic

Attached: L0691311.jpg (800x800, 149K)

Of course. It's a lot easier to make a single player game that doesn't really require a lot of tech, or can have easy workarounds to make shit work.
But having any faith in it is probably misplaced, it'll more than likely just be a COD-like military scifi spectacle that lasts a few hours.

nice counter argument Chris.

Attached: 1568159887310.jpg (698x641, 70K)

Nobody cares bro

Yes I do talk to people irl and if I told them I have been working on something for 7+ years and instead of saying seven years I said a decade, people who aren't heavily autistic wouldn't care. Get off scam citizen and go outside

Elite becomes boring after the initial 2 hours of awe dry out. One star system in StarCitizen in its shaky alpha state has more to offer than all of the Elite and its expansions. The core elements are all here, all that is missing is the scope.

I'd be curious to see numbers on how much the average player has spent on Star Citizen. Anecdotal evidence and all, but 99% of the people I've talked to have spent around the cost of a modern AAA game ($60) and actively make fun of the whales that spend hundreds or more.

I've spent $75 total, but I got the game for free and I've been playing on and off since 2015. The cost to play a "normal" MMO for four years at $15 a month comes out to $780, for comparison's sake.

>all that is missing is the scope

SEVEN FUCKING YEARS

Attached: 1446218672666.jpg (1111x597, 379K)

Attached: 1499448212158.gif (445x247, 2.62M)

he wants the Witcher 3 but in space is what he wants. I paid $40 for the game plus it's dlc and never looked back. Hundreds of hours of enjoyment.

google says it's $2500 and it's some endgame carrier with 100 planes like the text says, not $27000
ofcourse it's a ridiculous price anyway, they must have been inspired by the eve online economy

You know all of that information/footage is out there right? It's not gonna be on-rails and you retain a lot of freedom/player agency to do things. With a lot a of crew members having optional arcs you can pursue.

big money retards are funding this game that I get to play on a basic $45 account, why is that bad? does Yea Forums suddenly have a lot of compassion for rich people who waste cash in questionable pursuits?

More like 5, because they had barely no crew the first couple of years and were busy building up the team.
t. haven't payed for the game

Elite is fucking empty
All these nu-space sims are fucking garbage

>inflating the numbers is just lying.
but you're doing the same exact thing by claiming it started development in 2012 when it was 2011.

>I've spent $75 total, but I got the game for free

>75$
>for free

Attached: m70dhq7i8ja31.jpg (960x948, 200K)

Elegant
Simple
Rustic
To the point
FPBP

Both the team, offices and money really. It's not like they had 250 mil from the start. It's been gradually coming in from the website.

i'm sorry, this isn't the i'm coooming thread, that's 2 threads down pal
enjoy your stay on Yea Forums

why the fuck do you care OP you fucking underage
do you need Yea Forums's approval to play a game?
fuck off and play the game you mongrel, who gives a shit what Yea Forums says, Yea Forums will call it a scam just to piss you off you internet illiterate

>Rustic
What does this even mean I hear it so much

This is entirely false and you know it.
It has some outposts and stations where you can buy things (which are not, as promised, "realistically" moved to your ship, it just spawns inside making it as much of a menu based thing as ED), then sell them at other places. Like ED.
It has missions that have you fight brainless ground AI (which, admittedly, ED doesn't have), fight braindead space AI, or click a console, or pick up a box and deliver it.
It has mining which is roughly similar (but mining basically always sucks in gaming so I guess that's okay)
There is no exploration. And the core elements aren't there.

because you're not going to have access to half of the content unless you either grind for hundreds of hours or join the retards throwing money at it. Either way,people who throw money at the game have an unfair advantage an exclusive access to certain content. How does that not bother you?

T16000M? They feel pretty sturdy to me, despite having a few glaring flaws.
Best buck for bang though. I'll move on to VIRPIL if I find a game worth it. So far Elite: Dangerous is the only one I could be hooked on if they didn't cuck my favourite parts of it for a long time.

Space is for the most parts emptry. Even X3 isn't that packed.

I got it with a GPU that I bought you retard

Attached: amd-radeon-r9-285-23-638[1].jpg (638x359, 91K)

>likely just be a COD-like military scifi spectacle that lasts a few hours.
what more are you expecting??? it will probably be more like mass effect but with ship action, and some fps, like wing commander was

>space is empty
really now

All I know is that I keep having fun with this game and will probably purchase a key of my own to play with the friend I borrowed account. It's just fun, and no amout of reaction images is going to change that.

Am I concerned that after 7 years all they have to show is a single star system? Absolutely. Does it stop me from enjoying what already is in the game? Not at all.

Ah, of course, we totally should've known this by your previous post. Are you legit fucking retarded?

Google retard, god your an idiot.

Not that guy, but who gives a shit? As long as I am having fun, and my friends that I play with are having fun, than why should I care what other players are doing or how they are doing it?

It literally does not matter to me.

>space is empty
This is literally the saddest excuse I've seen in this thread, and you guys aren't even OP
Freelancer was more engaging than Elite

>what more are you expecting???
Freelancer as it should be.

CQC, which is dead.
Apparently ~3000 players play E:D on Steam at any given moment, and not even 0,1% of that is on CQC. It's kind of impressive to make the only fun part of the game such a flop.

>studio tries to deliver on literally the most ambitious game on the market
>grr why is it taking so long

what counts as exploration? there is a lot of unmarked shit around, downed satellites and hidden criminal bases, shipwrecks etc to find planetside and in space, there's no 'new frontier' shit yet because they just have a single system snowglobe right now as a testbed

>"Hey dude can you spawn your 500 bucks ship for me?"
>ok
And that's how you do it right now. That or just rent/buy the ship for in-game money. If it weren't for the wipes it's actually not even hard to outright buy decent ships in-game.

Then why are you shilling it here like it's something it's not?
If you enjoy the basics SC has to offer, I'm glad for you, I really am. But after seven years it has delivered on only a handful of basic, "tier 1" versions of the countless of features they promised. I'm sure you can understand why people disapprove of that.

How was Freelancer more engaging ?

Maybe someday you'll start buying your own PC components with money form an actual fucking job instead of from good boy points and a christmas list you give to your parents upstairs and you'll realize that Nvidia and AMD have been giving away games with GPUs for the last 20 years.

>post your 'poorfag neet don't have money to buy a game and wasn't even interested or heard about it' face
a-a-at least I didn't fall for s-s-scam citizen!
I bought a amiibo figure with my 2 dollars instead

Attached: built-house-for-poor.jpg (550x309, 39K)

As much as I do like calling it a scam in reality it was just a project that had a general idea of what it wanted to be but along the way kept adding to that idea. now they bit off more than they could chew.

>has characters with personalities
>an actual story that takes you through the "empty" space and gives you a tour of the sirius sector
>no procedural generation bullshit

Attached: unknown.png (476x131, 12K)

If people disapprove of that, that's fine. Feel free to mention it.
When people who disapprove of the game consistently shitpost and ruin threads for the people who are actually enjoying themselves than it becomes a problem.
There is nothing more sad than a person who is angry because other people are having fun.

For all intents and purposes this is the case for Squadron 42 as well.

gaga

>As long as I'm having fun who cares?
Because you won't be having fun if the game revolves around spending money unless you actually spend it.
>Not that guy
you probably are that guy.

I loved that game.

Except one exists and one doesnt

the other night we went to a station where a fully crewed up military cap ship was camping and larping, killing anyone who showed up.
my buddy chased them off alone in a trader with missile racks on it, as seen here whale hunting is a sport in this game because bigger ship does not = good at the game

>that's how you do it right now
gee, not like it's in pre-pre alpha or anything

>There is nothing more sad than a person who is angry because other people are having fun.

This needs to be in the op of every Star Citizen thread from now on.

Yes but Elite is a completely different game. Of course it has no story. Freelancer's fun comes from exploring nebulas and finding wreckages and shit. That's completely absent from Star Citizen.

Set decors aren't really interesting exploration mechanics.
What would be good exploration is finding clues or signals of locations/areas/people, where you can end up finding new places and people to interact with. Large structures with gameplay related content (rare items to use or sell, resources or research/development, or mission givers or something), or a new starsystem or planetary body that opens up new gameplay options (harvesting resources, marking and selling waypoints, claiming a moon or asteroid belt or whatever, idk). Things that impact what you're doing, rather than a small setpiece that you wander around without any purpose.
And the amazing Javelin wreck is nothing more than half a battle bridge and some pieces of the ship lying around - and that's the biggest thing to find right now.

not everybody wants a fucking rpg in a space sim you know

I'm having fun with my friends playing the game right now, and I haven't spent any money on it in years.

it started dev in 2013. the kickstarter was 2012. they threw out the entire demo build

>Yes but Elite is a completely different game. Of course it has no story.
Thats why I dont like it.
I understand if other people like it, but its not for me. I want arcadey space sims with more of an "rpg" focus over the "simulation" focus, and there's really nothing else out there like Freelancer.

>what is my entire point

It's not even well done. The sensation of scale from the planet is really bad, just seems like a ball in front of you.

You do realize this is not at all an argument, right?
You posted limited information, going literally from "I spent 75 usd total" to "play this game for free" with zero context, of course someone is going to reply the way they did.

>paying money for a tech demo and .jpg of your ship

Attached: 1567000503927.jpg (400x400, 11K)

Got bored counting your cultists' money, Chris?

>There are still people who unironically defend Scam Citizen
This is frankly baffling to me. No wonder pyramid schemes work so well.

>rebel galaxy outlaw is a piece of hot garbage
Almost caved in and bought it on Epic when it first came out. Dodged a bullet there.

I like Elite but I am not defending it. It's just a fun game for some time on and off. I just wanna point out that the things that made Freelancer great are completely absent in SC although many people seem to consider it as a successor.

but it has plenty of story. It's just called BGS.

To save billions

Spending 75$ on something that was "given to you for free" is a litteral scam user.

Biggest disappointment I've had in a long time. The game is just straight up bad. Good thing they wasted hours upon hours of mantime creating a ship paint editor.`

there used to be a lot of that kind of thing in the rings of yela - wrecks you could loot, a series of signals to follow and investigate to unravel a story and find the final location, etc. I think they removed it for new asteroid tech and it hasn't come back yet which is a travesty

So is there just not multiplayer space game that will even remotely scratch the itch I have? E:D sounds shallow and repetitive, and EVE is more like a management and economy game than me just flying around in a spaceship going off on adventures.

"I got the game for free" could mean anything from getting it as a gift, getting it from buying a PC component, or got it from a contest or something. You're the one who jumped to conclusions and then sperged out when you were called out on it.
Stop being so quick to shit on anyone who plays the game and this won't happen to you again in the future.

>admit! admit I'm better than you for not having any money!
LOL

Attached: the comfy neet.jpg (1680x1050, 79K)

>they threw out the entire demo build
So because they threw out that build means the time they spent building it doesen't count? You're fucking retarded.

Btw it began in 2011 with cryengine

Quick rundown?

even if someone had tons of money they would have to be retarded to throw it at a fucking techdemo that's already charging thousands for basic in game commodities

Honestly, it's not a game yet, what's there is an amazing local space tourist sim and the entry level ship is worth it for that experience. Anyone shrieking about SC most likely hasn't experienced what's there for themselves.

what's your itch? playing sc with friends is actually a blast since it's a lot more emergent, especially when fucking with other players

I don't have many webms of group play cuz I'm a loser

Attached: starblocker.webm (960x540, 792K)

these snake oil citizens come to the eve online forums every other day to shill their pyramid scheme, and the eve players would rather play an MMO that came out in 2003 than fall for their macrotransaction scam

Then don't start a thread with
>you assholes told me this game was a scam
and instead just ask other players whatever the fuck you want or start a discussion aimed at those who play it.

I'll care about Star Citizen again when I can get a new ship in game. Until an actual gameplay loop and advancement is put in, it's not a fucking game to me.

So they had the very first basic steps and removed it? That's what they did in seven years?

>i'm better than you because i can afford a 27k .jpg
shit we're back on CS:GO skin threads

they are enjoying themselves and getting what they want, they wanted to support the game and feel important in the mmo-like universe
throwing your life and 15 dollars a month away playing a worthless crap game like wow isn't any better in my book

>snake oil citizens
in 7 years that is the first clever play on the name I've seen and I must congratulate you

Nah, just don't post like a retard in the first place will stop shit like this from even taking place.

You can earn money in quite a few ways and you can buy weapons for you or your ship or buy components that you swap in and out of your ship along with ship renting and buying, so I mean. It's there on paper.

>So they had the very first basic steps and removed it? That's what they did in seven years?
You don't understand how Roberts works. It wasn't perfect, or it was before, but now they can make it better, which means that they have to scrap it and start over from scratch. It's the only way.

should be in the general's OP honestly

you can buy ships in game now, but they're prohibitively expensive when everything wipes every major patch

what the fuck happened to that ship, I remember it being way more sleek

How is it a scam, exactly? The amount of hours I've played on and off since getting the game at the end of 2014 puts it at a significantly better dollar per hour ratio that almost any other game I've bought.

>puns = bad
>swapping one word with two words = good

this game has some of the most lame ship designs I have ever seen

>filter out all posts except for posts with webms
>thread suddenly becomes good

Attached: 1551772115979.jpg (506x437, 23K)

this is why most games don't show off early progress; throwing shit away and starting over happens a lot, and looks extremely wasteful to outsiders

If your reading comprehension is really so terrible that people have to post at a third grade level so that you can understand it than maybe you should try a different website.

I recommend gamefaqs.com

This, post more webms

nah, they got this, people are still giving them even more money than before
it'll just take much more time than they, or anyone else, thought it would

So another 7 years then?

Space games attract space game autists. Look at Elite Dangerous CQC, the #1 player visits every single piece of the internet mentioning CQC, literally stuck playing a shit dead mode of a boring game just to uphold his #1 title and trash talk newbies about gitting gud in a gamemode they're most often facing one autists of his kind in 1 on 1, because nobody else plays it.

it rolls off the tongue and doesn't just make you sound really mad about it like scam shitizen does, it's just trying too hard.

It's also why post studios hire producers to keep them on track with deadlines. Roberts is also the one in charge of when they release anything.

Paying $15 a month for a completed game that's been supported for years with a playerbase and content souns WAY more reasonable than paying $40-60 for a LOW TIER ship in an UNFINISHED Tech demo with nothing to do.

Stop comparing it to an mmo, Star Citizen can only handle around 30 fucking players.

Why do you even post this?

How the fuck isn't this shit released already? This game is literally going to be a product of the last generation and it hasn't even released yet.

ok

Attached: byoing.webm (960x540, 2.62M)

The funny thing is Starbase looks way better than Star Citizen and it's made by fucking indie devs. It's cartoony robots in space but it has actual destruction in it unlike Star Citizen. And hell if starbase fails I still have bannerlord. Life's good

Attached: 1553261199463.jpg (366x321, 13K)

The devs' previous game was a capital ship sim, which would play much like a regular (sea) ship simulator where you're circling the enemy and bombarding it with cannons from your broadside.
They opted to make a sequel which is a dogfighting game, first person/third person with direct controls of the ship, aiming to land your hits, etc.
The game feels not even half baked. The ships all control like you're moving a weightless camera around, with momentum or whatever having next to no impact on movement.
The difficulty is absolutely positively busted. You can walk into an ambush of "regular" pirates and be shredded within seconds, and you can't even warp out because you can't warp out while enemies are nearby. Missiles in particular will tear you a new asshole and you do not have enough countermeasures to deal with the amount they'll shoot at you.
The UI is fucking ATROCIOUS, with some god awful radial menu that gives you controls for some things, including things which shouldn't be on the radial menu (such as going to the world map) but not others (like controlling your cargo and jettisoning it)
The game's world just feels kind of empty, flying from one station to another takes an instant thanks to fast travel, and it's not like you wouldn't use fast travel because of how little the scale works or matters in the game.
Mouse controls work like shit, which I don't understand at all how this could be a thing for a game developed for the PC as a primary platform.
There's only 9 ships in the entire game, which would be a lot more meaningful if ship control felt like a strong factor, but like I said it doesn't.
Oh also the cockpit is basically some fucking overlay that obscures 70% of the screen
I could go on but I'm running out of characters. The game is dogshit, it feels like a game that's technologically behind privateer and freelancer, which is quite an achievement

Elite is finished though.

It may not ever have a full "release". Instead it'll keep growing and growing.

A lot of the negativity was justified the year where we got fucking NOTHING. It's been steady since then, there is actually a game to play now just not one that is always good.

thank you, brother

Doesn't matter if its a scam or not, its p2w and that means its trash.
its p2w. Everyone but the fattest whales are angry at p2w games

The game is too indepth i need casual mode

Thanks, I'll skip it then and wait for Project Wingman for my HOTAS fix.

I consider it the videogames equivalent to a drug dealer giving the first fix for free. Eh, so long as you're having fun I don't mind user. Enjoy your videogames.

filename from when they finally fixed the stutter when ships died

Attached: my god it's full of framerate.webm (960x540, 2.91M)

>You can spend time to get nothing.
Wonderful. Tell me when I can buy a new fucking ship and fucking keep it.

Attached: my god it's full of framerate2.webm (960x540, 2.52M)

I love gull wing doors as much as the next guy, but the old 300 series looked goofy as hell. A lot of the ships got reworked, some of them look drastically different than they used to (the Mustangs), or had major size revisions (the Avenger) as gameplay features came into focus and (more importantly) cargo box sizes were standardized. The 300 series ships have a food prep area now as well as a toilet, and the bed isn't a slideout yoga mat anymore.

Some ships got way better, but I liked the look of the old Mustangs much more than the look of the new ones. I am willing to admit that having folding wings and actual landing gear is lightyears better than using your own fucking wings as load bearing landing gear though.

Attached: Mustang-Omega[1].png (1856x1180, 1.57M)

>buy a car
>get a lemon
well you got a car so it's not a scam!!
t.stupid underage

>there is actually a game to play now
Cool. What is there to do?

This thread was never meant to be a discussion about in-game stuff, for players, and actual SC threads only exist on the general as far as I’m aware, where people don’t mindlessly shill it/lob it into the fire for max reaction.

ugh my dog farted

Attached: space civilian.webm (960x540, 2.91M)

Attached: giphy[1].gif (400x298, 852K)

I just want a new good fucking space flying game that doesn't control like you're flying in atmosphere, is it too much too ask for? I didn't follow Star Citizen development at all, is it really a scam? Is ED any good?

no one can give you a webm of player economy, obviously, but it does exist, people even pirate each other youtube.com/watch?v=w8FIGkJ_NyI
repairs, you just pay for it at a station for now. the rest, planned but not in yet. some in next patch in a few weeks

Huh, I personally thought the Mustangs are one of the best reworks. Maybe I haven't seen it up close too much yet.

ED is a game that you'll enjoy if, what you want out of a space sim is just flying a ship.
Star Citizen is steadily adding new features, but everything seems to be added in to let them sell new ships, or to sell their old ships again with new paint on, for real money.
Theres also Bethesda's Space sim that they're making, but it's Bethesda, so it will be a galaxy wide puddle that you can barely stick a toe into.

There is no good space sim.

ED is fun but not much to do when it comes to things like trading and such it's mostly a menu game, but recent updates improved exploration and mining a lot. Overall all the mechanics and systems work well and the combat is very fun learning to fly FA off.

>is it really a scam?
Yes.
>Is ED any good?
It's okay. Not really.

Just mod Freespace 2 or wait for Egosoft to patch X4.

Trading, missions (often mixed with FPS), bounty hunting connected to the player crime system, exploration, mining.

And there are goals in game now you can buy most every ship and work towards affording one.

the hitch in the middle is because I stitched two videos

Attached: future fash.webm (960x540, 1.9M)

ED is ok but I say, and I mean it, it’s heavily dependent on how much you can stand making your own fun. Great trait to have, not so much when a game relies on it.

Elite does have speed caps on its ships btw, no constant acceleration.

Combat is decent although to reach any respectable level of PVP it’ll take you hours of mindless grind to outfit a ship that can even survive against another player.

Exploration was my thing, and my tolerance for it comes and goes. I haven’t played in like half a year now, but I do enjoy it when I finally get the urge to play again.

If you’re down for making your own fun and having to pretend that what you’re doing is meaningful, go for it. If not, wait until the end of 2020 and see what this “huge” update is going to do for the game.

Meanwhile I will be looking into Infinity Battlescape.

Star Citizen has different flight mechanics for when you are in space and when you are in atmosphere. In-atmosphere flight is significantly different in each ship based on how aerodynamic it is as well, so if your ship is nice and sleek it'll be more maneuverable than a flying brick. Cargo weight will also impact flight dynamics.

What's gonna the Space Cultists excuse when this thing inevitably crashes and burns, or gets released in like 5 years with 75% of the initial features not in the game?

Attached: 5d5.jpg (500x376, 116K)

ED is okay until it hits you that's what gameplay will be like for most time and things you consider to be fun are probably only fun for undwinding, not progressing the game the most efficient way.
It's definitely a good game to experience, but maybe not spend your time on.

trainsim 3019

Attached: way.webm (960x540, 2.99M)

Eh, different strokes for different folks

Not even particularly on-topic but it's annoying the shit out of me that Cyberpunk has shit city vistas from all the footage out so far. In SC only the landing zones are explorable so it's mostly decor I guess, but the city matters a lot in Cyberpunk.

What's gonna be the "it's a scam!" Chicken Littles' excuse when it comes out and is a perfectly fine game that people enjoy playing?

sc's procedural city is pretty frikkin impressive even if it has nothing to do yet

Attached: ScreenShot0097.jpg (1600x900, 404K)

>when it comes out and is a perfectly fine game
I don't think they have to be concerned about that happening.

lel it already is that, they just ignore reality

Attached: ScreenShot0106.jpg (1600x900, 418K)

I'll lay down my weapon and badge.

Astroturf and repeatedly say that "All of the relevant features and content were put into the final release, people are just exaggerating about content and features being cut/lied about" and "I don't know what everyone is saying it's gutted, this is exactly what we were promised, don't believe idiots spreading lies".

Denial is a powerful force user.

does it still run like ass? When the racing/combat module came out it ran fine for me. Last several times i tried it was unbearably bad.

No it's not.
Come back to me when you have an actual full game release an we can talk about whether or not you were scammed okay shill boy?

In my case it's gonna be "well color me impressed Chris you've somehow managed to reshape this feature bloat into a working thing good on you mate".
I get that people are having fun with their virtual spacetrailers my dear shillanon, but even that comes from the idea that it's still SOMEHOW in alpha after all those years. If at this stage you think that it's gonna be released with even half of the features they promised then you are a fucking madman.

Attached: 1367733322901.jpg (410x369, 46K)

it's finally playable after years of being slideshow trash. having enough ram and an ssd makes all the difference. just look at the webms itt; it runs fine now

Attached: a whole ass ocean.webm (960x540, 1.85M)

It's pretty cool you can see other players in them.

Attached: unknown.jpg (2560x1440, 2.26M)

I saw a clip where two guys jumped off the bridge as it passed under. one guy rode it all the way to rikers, the other missed and fell to his death lol

>it's not a game people enjoy
and yet the servers are always full. why?

Attached: thats my fucking ship up there.jpg (1600x900, 364K)

Kek, gotta get the stupid shit out of the way before we get permadeath.

Attached: unknown.jpg (2560x1440, 2.15M)

needs more gameplay loops but what they've done so far is a lot better than most other fully complete games in terms of world design, music, immersion, etc
would never spend money on a project like this but its still interesting to see it progress
I also think the single player will end up shutting a lot of people up while the MMO side goes on in the background
too many retards on Yea Forums though not sure why you'd talk about it here

The amount of cope here is frightening.
We've finally reached the point where the cultists in denial are the anti star citizen fags more so than the SCfags.
It's pretty funny to watch from an outside perspective.

I have a 6600k OC'd to 4.2GHz, 16GB of RAM, and an 8GB RX 580 and it's at 60 most of the time for me at 1920x1080 with everything set to max. Certain parts of Hurston tank it a bit though.

It's pretty impressive that the game runs this well on a four year old CPU and a $200 GPU, to be honest. The absolute biggest impediments for performance are having at least 16GB of RAM, and installing the game on an SSD. If you have less than that much memory, or you install it on a mechanical drive your framerate is guaranteed to be dogshit.

Because there's like 3 24 person servers in existence.

But I'm sure that all 72 of you are having a great time playing your hollow, empty tech demo.

Why are you so mad that other people are having fun?

I get 60 just fine on a 4770K as well, considering the retarded amount of systems they make for things it's quite surprising. It isn't super heavy on CPU at all from what I can tell, which is funny when I've recently tried some Ubishit titles. As you said, cities like Hurston can tank though.

Attached: unknown.jpg (2560x1440, 2.55M)

speaking of, you can now land on (and jump off) the IO tower, and corpse bomb area 18 plaza

wow a basic lighting effect in a post 2005 engine

wow a joyless cunt

Ackshually, shadow cascades are tuned pretty specifically in games so they aren't too intensive and memory heavy. So it's usually shadow maps for small details like shadows of characters, for larger scale it's often a different/baked in method. So it's vaguely interesting but also not super amazing really.

Imagine dumping all this money into a game that will never be released and claiming people who laugh at you are the idiots

Attached: 1567225256664.png (382x346, 170K)

> full city planet without water, mountains or rivers.
When you realize those are all empty setpieces, the immersion is lost.

>like every other mmo
Star Citizen is not an mmo, though.

Shadow cascades are one of those tech things that you don't really notice when they're well done, but look like complete dogshit if you use a different method to get a similar effect.

See also: Volumetric Smoke

How does this prove the game is a scam? Chris is just taking some deserved holidays after working hard on an amazing game.

Imagine being angry on Yea Forums because other people are having fun

>Unironical star citizen shills
Kek
Sunken costs really hitting hard

Who's angry? I think the amount of mental gymnastics necessary to defend this thing is fucking hysterical.

Attached: 1420510418993.jpg (464x398, 22K)

Attached: 1560101637023s.jpg (121x125, 2K)

imagine having fun with a game that cost half of a new AAA title and coming on Yea Forums to be told all your fun was a lie and you are delusional, because someone else bought a shitload of cosmetics in your game

Attached: skid row.webm (960x540, 2.46M)

It will be released when Coutts seizes it and pawns it off to whatever studio is willing to shove it out the door.

i almost did

but then i didn't

Attached: 1432209188823.gif (320x200, 1.45M)

Attached: 1567667856271.png (960x1540, 389K)

so 200+ million nets you some stupid static models in a janky, unoptimized crysis mod?

wow, cool.

>Cosmetics
HAHAHAHAHAHAHHA
>Being this delusional about the real state of his shilled game

>that 8 fps

2000 robert credits have been deposited on your account

NIGGA YOU CANNOT WIN WITH PESSIMISTIC CUNTS ON Yea Forums. Stop trying. the faggots at /g/ have gotten to the point where fucking f.lux is considered botnet now. Yea Forums thinks everything is shit.

>shilling this scam
hahahaahahha

Attached: star citizen coffee apparatus.jpg (929x1099, 131K)

Only 380000 more to go to buy your decent ship user
Keep the shilling

>whipping yourself with ebola infested whip
>fun

that's pretty normal to have in any office user

Fuck off with your shilling to reddit
This is a janky overpriced mess with a p2w cash shop , its doomed to fail even if it ever releases because of all the whales on the community

oh I know

Attached: fucking gravity.webm (754x1016, 790K)

>defending 13k expenditure on what should be 100
>confirmed for NEET
get lost Chris, nobody pays you anymore.

Attached: star citizen 8000 euro door.jpg (598x598, 204K)

Recording fullscreen gameplay can be pretty system intensive if you only have 4 cores or you're writing to a slow drive. Most people who record PC gameplay professionally actually split the video from the PC that the game is running on, one feed goes to the monitor, and the other feed goes to a capture card on a completely separate PC that does all of the actual recording so that they can minimize the performance impact.

it was a scam, but the game has turned out alright it seems. too bad im too poor to get a computer that can actually run it

that doesn't explain 8 fps. professionals use 2nd pcs/cards for recording anyway.

Stop lying retard, I've played the demo, that's just how the game runs 80% of the time.

>1.00 CR have been deposited into your account

>but the game has turned out alright it seems
There is no game lol

You know what user? I've never thought this image would be more applicable than right now.

Attached: guard.gif (600x450, 89K)

Oh hey is that the custom airlock door that some garage door repairman claimed would cost them $15,000 and everyone got all pissed off but then it turned out that the cost for having the door custom built was barely more than the cost of buying a normal secure door and having it installed professionally and it turns out everyone was sperging out for no reason?

Jesus christ I cant believe this cult has actually breached here
One shill thread and all the cultists come crawling out of the woodwork

>scam citizen cultists looking to recruit more followers the thread

Attached: 1526569866254.gif (255x160, 1008K)

Post specs you shitter. I run it on a "decent" system and I get 60FPS 99% of the time

i7 4770k & GTX 1080 with 32 gigs ram
Fuck off Shittizen shill

you first you vague shit

it improved drastically only very recently, it was shit two months ago

Outer Wilds, my man.

>30 gorillion dollars
>8 years of development
>Gameplay is a single ship boosting from a planet to a moon

Embarrassing. Does the game even have gravity in it? Like can I orbit a planet?

I have over 100+ hours in Elite Dangerous. I can tell you right now that the game is, at best, just alright. The first couple dozen hours are amazing but you'll soon find that to make money, there isn't much else to do beside trading, mining and exploring. Combat is unthinkable until you spend at least a half a billion credits to outfit the best ships in the game. The grind is real in ED and unless you have the patience for it I wouldn't recommend it unless you REALLY love space.

Star Citizen does look good though. Certainly looks like you can do a lot more than you can in Elite Dangerous.

>shilling a game that doesn't exist

Attached: 1471030427632.jpg (327x324, 15K)

>"""space sim"""
>Doesn't even simulate gravity
Oof.

Your ship spergs out on the spaceport geometry like an early Hitman ragdoll model.

Attached: mmm.jpg (960x807, 39K)

my specs:
Maybe clear out all of the bitcoin miners you got from downloading pirated furry porn games and you might see decent framerates lol

Attached: 1546457505926.png (360x360, 140K)

You could say he truly became a Star Citizen

You mean like this? Can't complain.

Attached: reclaimer.webm (600x338, 1.13M)

Attached: 1467777552684.jpg (800x800, 42K)

>works on my machine :>)

Isn't this game pay2win? The game is not even out and they are are selling op ships

>mmos typically take at least a decade
no, no they dont

It's a fully player-funded game so it's more like they're selling ships because the game isn't out yet.

Attached: 6E6560D1-58B7-461E-90C3-B49AD4B4E3C2.jpg (246x290, 28K)

>Isn't this game pay2win?
It's not. You need to have something to play in order to win anything.

Still pay2win

In a different timeline, maybe Rogue System could have gotten the kickstarter money instead.

Attached: space_feels.png (629x758, 715K)

It’s development cycle has been so reliant on people shoveling cash at them that yes, to a degree it’s unavoidable that spending cash would get you bigger and better ships much faster than naturally working your way towards them

Lel you're right

>T-they did it
>After five decades, the original developers dying of old age and being replaced with their children, it's finally happened!
>Star Citizen Public Release 0.6!

>fully player-funded game
Remind me, how many million dollars have they squandered now?

Here you go.
cloudimperiumgames.com/blog/corporate/cfo-comment-2012-2017-financials

yes and no
big ships at nigh invincible unless you gang up on them but they need people to operate the gun turrets to be a threat

Attached: 1568210427868.jpg (249x249, 15K)

>It's a fully player-funded game
Except for the bank loans.

>October of 2012
IS where he started the kickstarter. He was showing if off before that. How can you not get this?

Don't read only the clickbait headlines of articles user.

Either rebut this point or shut the fuck up.

Because before the kickstarter the entirety of Star Citizen was like four dudes doing it as a side project from their actual work. "Move out of Chris Roberts' Basement" was literally a stretch goal for the kickstarter.

Considering that time as part of "Star Citizen's Development Time" is dishonest.

Attached: steamed.png (680x629, 1.5M)

Or you could've just done what I said and found out why. Either way, they're eligible money from the government as a game developer in the UK but since the pound was taking a shit they partnered with a bank to get an advance on it to avoid needing to convert money. It saves costs.

This is my sentiment mostly. ED is a decent experience that Star Citizen *promises* to offer better in many ways; the difference is Elite is a complete, functional, and released product while Star Citizen creeps along in development with its pipe-dream level of features that no reasonable developer would even attempt.

My big issue in general is that these things try to simulate a space experience too much, despite it being Sci-Fi and fabricated to a degree anyway. I really want something that’s more of a cross between the sandbox space-experience of this with something more fantastical like Star Wars. Something that’s not afraid to handwave some rules of the world and gamify other elements.

Everspace 2 looks like it’ll be fun, and has combat more to what I’m craving, but i don’t think it’s likely to have MP or some of the sandbox design.

Attached: C20FF343-A48B-4208-A009-8AC073123933.gif (274x231, 1.99M)

I know why, this is why I pressed you on it.
>take a loan at the bank
>"it's ok, Mr Banker, we'll pay you back with the tax returns that we will get next year!"
That is their official statement, btw. Roberts moved his pyramid scheme not only to include dumbass paypig like you, but banks as well.

Attached: 1495503864875.jpg (343x343, 27K)

Calm down /x/, your IQ is painfully on display.

Well, I added the numbers up, and at the end of 2017 they'd raised about 210 million dollars. If the trend continued, they'll have closer to 290 million by the end of this year.

>literally in full panic mode
I'm just quoting them, lad.
pcinvasion.com/second-star-citizen-loan-explained/

I'll distil it down for your shitposting brain:
moni conversion cost high number than interest over half year from bank! lower number less moni spend!

>he thinks it isn't
L O L
O
L
Be sure to pay up for that 15k whip goyim!

Go back scam shitzen shills.

Still they will start with advantage over everyone. Those players who spent a bunch of money will be the cool kids and everyone is going to follow them and gang on smaller ships. I can already imagine the toxicity.

Attached: 1567787874966.gif (240x240, 950K)

>deliver crate
>deliver gold
is there anything else in this game?

>do literally nothing except deliver a package
Did Kojima make this game?

Oh i'm not defending, it just pointing out as i seen it.

Attached: lookingfordubs.jpg (194x387, 14K)

Literally does not invalidate anything I said.
>get tax rebate next year
>use it as collateral to take loan now
>take loan now because you need the money
I don't understand why you are being so disingenuous about it. You didn't dispel the claim that they were financing themselves by loans, and instead cried clickbait. When faced with evidence that they were, in fact, financing themselves with loans, you cried /x/ and proceeded to regurgitate the exact same corporatespeak that can be found in the article. This really isn't a hard exercise in accounting, user.
>Get loan
>Tell the bank you'll get the rebate to calm them down
>Tell the cocksuckers that it's for conversion reasons to calm them down
>Get money now

>pay 30k for a ship
>destroy all the fags who didn't believe in based Robert's
H-Heheh, you fags will be sorry when the game finally comes out and I dab on all of you...

Because there's a difference between loaning money because you don't have any. And loaning money because you don't want to convert the shitloads of USDs into GBP just for operating costs that can be covered more efficiently. It's disingenuous to say the game is financed by loans when it isn't.

It's going to ruin the game for everyone who wants to play the game legitimately. Because the jews can just buy the cool stuff

I recall seeing the redditfags getting mad about people wanting their money back.

Screenshot citizen

Attached: Ralphie2.png (349x349, 170K)

>paypigs in denial have developed grade A skills in mental gymnastics
Can't say I'm surprised.

>the amount of damage control scam citizen fags are doing ITT
simply delicious

Imagine defending a """"""""""""game"""""""""""" that has been in """"""""""""""""""""development"""""""""""""""""""" for over 7 years just to be in alpha stage ONLY to reach levels comparable to a tech demo.

wow they made something with less game play than the half life 2 lost coast demo.

>I spent $65 because I just wanted a freelancer sequel
>instead get this

>damage control teams report stat, we've need cope throughout this thread

Why is it early access after 9 years?

Where's the option to play the game offline and enjoy all the ships in the game without paying thousands of dollars for them?

How much money do you reckon the paypig cultist damage-controlling in this thread has blown on this """game"""? I'd wager it's at least in the 1000s. Those pretty ships don't come cheap, you know.

Attached: 1566270053160.jpg (400x500, 190K)

The problem with ED is that the amount of downtime the game has is just INSANE. Travelling from point to point is boring busywork.

I have never seen a Dev team give more frequent and detailed dev reports. It's a fuckin game.

Attached: file.png (500x329, 289K)

Attached: scam citizen.webm (800x450, 2.84M)

user, that's not a game, it's a screenshot.

>this is what 200M dollars gets you nowadays

Attached: 1468702245907.jpg (450x495, 87K)

I mean it's undeniable that technically it IS a game, just an incredibly underdeveloped one, with little to no features and barely 5% of content they promised.

Imagine wasting weeks farming to buy a nice ship and getting ass blasted by a rich kid.
Scam citizens will defend this.

obvious samefag

obviously in a samefag-hunting delirium fueled by SEETHE

Probably one of my favourite SC webms to be honest. He left the engines on and that's what happens when the ship tries to stabilise without a pilot in-atmo. Granted it didn't go about it in a very smart way, but it's pretty emergent.

>Note: Drake Cutlass Black died on the way to its home planet

Attached: THE STATE OF SCAM SHITZENFAGS.jpg (720x1092, 315K)

fpbp

If you want to build a universe with deep lore, how about instead of reworking models constantly just keep the old designs in game as old designs that are no longer manufactured?

Outer Wilds fucking owns but the space travel in it is unfortunately not the kind of space travel that would scratch the itch of a space sim fan. Even if it feels way more realistic than any other space sim I've played in terms of gravity and all that.

big paypigs have spent a minimum of $10,000 easily.

I think that would be a no-brainer for CIG if it weren't for the fact that the old models are highly efficient in terms of polycount.

Because the game is a patreon scam on a much larger scale. Same shit as summertime saga, they'll make money padding out development and letting brainlets keep giving them money then actually delivering a finished product.

Attached: Frodo Baggins.png (400x399, 214K)

Meant for

Also *inefficient. Jesus, time for some coffee. Either way, I think they'll still be featured in-universe via in-game media but not sure about models. Would be nice.

>

Attached: 1526123847252.jpg (350x350, 16K)

Attached: 11_184_2609_braben_newjpg.jpg (1200x1200, 108K)

>I-its a feature

>pay 1000
>reward is opportunity to pay 675
B-BASED CIG

Ironically it literally is. Before it wasn't possible to keep the ship running without the pilot in the seat.

i wonder if they will have what i could call a compelling game in like 10 years from now. but buying into that never ending strain of ship shit was just nope.avi
GL to anyone willing to waste their time and money on that shit

Attached: 1566504670372.png (797x448, 615K)

I guess it is a justified rework, but why was it so high in the first place?
Generally when you are developing basic systems wouldn't you want to use some quickly thrown together models and the "rework" them into actual HD models?
It feels like they spend more time reworking old things than on new things

The best part is don't the paid ships have Insurance too? So even if you and your friends manage to destroy one it'll spawn right back up in fifteen minutes

Wow, Space Engineers looks pretty good these days.

It's inefficient because they outsourced the early ship work as they literally had no development team large enough to tackle it. Now that pretty much everything is done in-house, they have much higher asset creation standards. You have to remember that not everyone is a programmer and not everyone is an environment artist etc. They will always have ship people in need of ship work to do.

Attached: Annotation 2019-09-12 155137.png (880x643, 30K)

>h-haha l-le scam!
Fuck off poorfag.

Attached: tenor.gif (350x232, 461K)

>More employees than rockstar
>More budget than gta
>To not do a third of the job

Too many cooks
Too much lettuce

Hmmm maybe my $150 investment will turn out to be an investment for an actual fun game rather then a $150 shitposting licence.

Can I upgrade my freelancer with in game currency to the other variants? How about insurance? I dont have LTI in my ship.

t. OneAngryGamer

Attached: EBtbam_XsAQtkIe.jpg (473x1060, 132K)

I dunno, they had 3000 people work on RDR2. Rockstar is in the unique position to be able to not only sell the same game three times but also get absolutely retarded amounts of money from kids with their parents' credit cards.

imagine a space game where you PAY REAL MONEY FOR SHIPS and fuck, thats not even it. In the thread of /vg/ someone said you actually have to PAY FOR FUCKING AMMO FOR YOUR GUNS as well. Dunno if the latter is true but the first one certainly is and this is a scam not a game, with the most cancerous "business model" ever conceived. Lootboxes aint shit next to this thing.

This project must fail

Does anyone have the webm of the camera spazzing out after someone sits in a chair?

>another year of cultists talking about star citizen like it's around the corner is almost over

>CIG had to BUILD a polynomial quantum drive calculator attuned for each drive system

Attached: what.png (362x386, 41K)

>outsourced the early ship work
but the fundamental problem with their development cycle is that you should first and foremost work out the engine and gameplay elements and you do not need polygons for that, just placeholders.
Are you trying to imply that they started the game without any modelers on the team?

I'm pretty sure that's a edit but I do know the OAG guy does shill for Star Citzen and made a long post defending it.

All ships come with a different amount of ship insurance, some are two months, some are six months, and sometimes a ship will be available for sale with LTI (lifetime insurance). You'll have to pay to keep your ship insured after the insurance lapses. You don't have to have insurance, but if you don't have it and your ship is destroyed, you're out of luck.

The time it takes for an insurance claim to go through will vary based on a number of factors. Also, insurance will only cover the factory level ship, it does't cover ship upgrades or any cargo that was inside (although you may be able to insure these things as well in the future).

It's not as cut and dry as "Blow up some fag's 890j and now he has to sit for 15 minutes until he can get a new one", it'll likely be a pain in the ass losing a ship that huge.

Problem is you need pretty models to sell your Kickstarter campaign

I think they do have more employees than CDPR tho.

idk how people can shill this tech demo of a game. I try it whenever theres a open beta and its the same boring shit every time.

Package delivery, check out shipwreck,turn on satellites, kill some npc shitters in the asteroid field. Once you've done this thats the entire game.. Its like fucking 3 hours max of content the rest is just jerking off to ships and the graphics. For a 250m game its sure as fuck shallow, even ubisoft open world is better than that shit.

CDPR has 887, from their 2018 management board report. They've been ramping up this year as well.

Could they have made the game they promised with the orginal budget in the time frame that they laid out?

Attached: 1555222581804.jpg (565x425, 150K)

This is fake right?

>spend 60K on a ship
>have to spend a monthly 600 bucks until the end of time so as not to be at the risk of losing your "investement" altogether
Jesus fucking Christ.

What even was the original promise again?
Seems like most of those people were also Californians.

They rely on players for the marketing as well and obviously some of the keywords were always PC exclusive and high fidelity. Not to mention the process is meant to be a collaborative testing effort all the way to release so they can balance gameplay and economy etc. They had the dogfighting part out relatively quickly due to outsourcing a lot of asset creation work so people at least had something to play. Whether or not this was a good idea is a different question of course.

Their original game was just Wing Commander HD Edition and the original kickstarter was only asking for $500,000 (it got over two million in like three days or some shit).

two words:

1. feature
2. creep

The reason they did it this way is that Chris has PTSD about people calling his previous you-can-do-anything space game ugly. He was determined to have this game look as good as possible from the very start.
That's also why they used an engine with no existing multiplayer functionality to make an MMO. Because it was the prettiest one around.

the only things "original" I remember were that the budget is like 20 million, the point of the 2 mil fundraising campaign was actually to attract investors

>Roberts at helm
>No publisher
"No".
Chris Roberts is the Western Kojimbo, both guys who really, really want to make movies and games are their excuse

I like the game and im not a hater, praise be onto Chris, hallow be thy name and anyone who tries to get a refund may he be stricked on the spot, but

Where are the video games Roberts? You promised us video games Roberts!

Attached: 1386999164644.jpg (872x964, 255K)

JUST

(Game still runs like complete fucking shit)

Attached: file.png (822x770, 327K)

Ignoring the fact of course that Crysis, the game it launched on, had multiplayer. And Mechwarrior Living Legends, a mod which has large mechs with components and guns with damage models working in multiplayer, many things SC needs. There's also the fact that there were MMOs on the engine already but uh, sure. No existing multiplayer functionality.

But to your credit, the plan was always to rewrite things that are needed and they mostly got it for the rendering component. That alone saves them time over doing their own engine.

>There's also the fact that there were MMOs on the engine already
Why did you not name them?

youtube.com/watch?v=VhsgiliheP0
A pretty hefty one.
>Their original game was just Wing Commander HD Edition
They didn't just want to make Squadron 42.

Not him, but you could have just spent 30 seconds in google, m8
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ArcheAge

Aion and ArcheAge are the biggest ones you'd know, it's not too hard to find so I didn't feel the need. China likes it more than the west.