Death Stranding 50 minute gameplay discussion

>It actually looks amazing
What did you think of the gameplay
youtube.com/watch?v=wG0iFysW-kc&feature=youtu.be
I'm thinking Kojima might actually be back, I'm thinking that he might make his first good game since MGS3. Don't fuck this up

Attached: file.png (890x608, 783K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=M7w986ni7_g
youtube.com/watch?v=w50dpD2ZEXk
youtube.com/watch?v=p99cT_2bvNI
youtube.com/watch?v=B_Ohy5cunl8
youtube.com/watch?v=HGx-kEFcznI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>>It actually looks amazing
In what universe was that anything other than boring?

Looks fucking great. Probably going to be the best game to come out in years.

>walking sim looks good
The absolute state of nu/v/

>he doesn't know

I could ignore all the issues if it was 60fps. I don't know if I can stomach paying 60 bucks for a 30fps game in 2019.

Its very good, the bossfight with sinking buildings is pure kino

i dont think you know what kino is, user. i bet you watch capeshit

I do. I also say ludo alot, ludonarrative kinography, and I watch alot of capeshit too. Ya seethe?

if you don't like walking, buddy I've got some bad news for you about real life

no, but i feel bad for your simple mind

Hopefully all the nay sayers will finally admit that kojimbo is a fucking hack.

That sounds like a personal problem.

Yikes

What is an automobile what is a scooter, what is a bicycle, what is a wheelchair

Nopc, no me

thank you for your kind words

He's absolutely based

mgs3 was trash

Attached: index.jpg (300x168, 5K)

I'm really interested in all the crazy shit you can potentially do. Like kojima said that pissing in the same place will eventually lead to "something good happening". I want to see if you can grow a mushroom forrest or something. I want to explore the cities, see if you can survive just by stealing from other factions, I want to know what exactly happens with the void outs and how much you can change the map.

Personally I'm hooked.

B8 do not respond

this trailer alone had some version of basically all of those things, if you consider the assisted walking devices to be a futuristic substitute for a wheelchair. y'know, transportation.

They call it Sony/v/af for a reason

Say what you want about him but all of Kojima's games have an autistic attention to detail that most AAA games don't have.

Subs when?

Attached: Lookin for subs.jpg (600x600, 76K)

MASSIVELY MULTIPLAYER INTERACTIVE WALKING AS A SERVICE

Still looks like a walking simulator. 46 of the 58 minutes were spent walking somewhere or listening to someone talk.

is there going to be an english version at some point

If Qunatum Break was a 8/10 game Death Stranding is easily a 11.

Literally Death Stranding:
youtube.com/watch?v=M7w986ni7_g

its not though. control is a 9/10

unironically more interesting than DS

This is the emptiest open world game I've ever seen

How the fuck is Quantum Break an 8? It's a 6 at best.

I skimmed through the gameplay, it looks cool in places, like the boss fights look cool, and the combat looks cool, and you can get cool vehicles like trucks and motorbikes, but there's still a lot of walking and shit.

I mean I won't ever play this game because I don't have a PS4. I just wanted it to be a cool game. It looks okay, but the gameplay just looks like it could be a bit more involved.

Also I watched the "briefing" trailer released today, and I thought it was pretty wank and melodramatic. Kojima's whole "connections" symbolism is shoved right into your face. It's not exactly subtle. "Dude we just need to make connections with each other lmao, human beings are meant to help each other lmao."

I give it a provisional 7/10.

Attached: death stranding poster 4.jpg (1034x1600, 175K)

It's bizzare but DS reminds me of Outward. In that game you also carry a huge backpack and a lot of shit and it slows you down significantly based on a weight. You also travel a lot.

Attached: gz4Xu4p4T63N7thqP9AKcU.jpg (1920x1080, 1.22M)

youtube.com/watch?v=w50dpD2ZEXk
is this going to be how the multiplayer is like?

What if the ruse is it is actually chapter 3 and Kojima never really left Konami.

Attached: 6411477.jpg (300x300, 13K)

I thought it was supposed to be a walking sim, faggots?

Attached: kinorunlq.gif (600x449, 3.94M)

cyberpunk? hello? WTF is wrong with him?

Waking/running simulator, faggot.

can someone explain what this game is actually about? i just see walking but there has to be more to a game than that

stfu kid
pic unrelated, this girl is cute

You walk across the USA

I watched it now in a minute and a half, it's shit.

kino

That's not a boss. He said it's the weakest type of BT.

You walk around America. Occasionally there's some basic combat/stealth but most of the time you just walk. There's also some retarded overconvoluted plot with parallel dimensions and time travels but it's all style over substance, Kojima just made everything weird and crazy for the sake of it. Here's your genius 12/10 game of the generation, he did it again! Critics will play for an hour and praise the game to death while actual players will be puzzled how this shit got such high scores, just like with MGS5.

So the game is basically a fed ex simulator but you have to unite the post offices across the continent, while the competition like UPS is having a gangwar because they want to be the postal service of the country, oh there is also spooky ghosts that you have to sneak trough, if one gets caught there will be a spooky ghost boss battle.

The game seems alright.

You don't just walk, you also deliver cargo!

You explore a massive map, your objective is to link outposts together to some magic internet, you're also a deliveryman and have to deliver packages, and deal with rival delivery companies and terrorists, whenever you die you go to either a war realm (WW1/2 and maybe vietnam), or an ocean realm where you have to find your equipment and a way out. When you die you also leave a crater on the map where you died, which is permanent.
You have to manage the weight you're carrying, stamina, your pod baby's stress levels, urinate and sleep. There's guns and exoskeletons, and ghost monsters and goo monsters too. And you can climb with ladders, ropes, or other shit. Basically BOTW on steroids without the Nintendo flair and instead the Kojima flair.

what the fuck was that. This makes MGSV look like a masterpiece

You got marketed.

>i just see walking but there has to be more to a game than that

You can run and swim too. Isn't that cool?

>Monster Energy drink consumed
based

He looks so slow when moving I can actually feel the slowness.

honestly looks boring as fuck and the "online" will be dead after the first few months, luckily the game itself looks dead so that wont be a big problem. want to get but for $20 max

that sounds absolutely terrible.maybe interesting for 45 mins

BOTW was great and it was pretty much just
>You explore a massive map, your objective is to defeat big monster, you can also fight small monsters here and there, and you can climb stuff.

I cant believe how bad this looks, Kojima cant be serious. maybe there's a real game somewhere he just doesnt show? like boring walking and shitty shooting is like a bad part of it

>BOTW was great
it was pure ubishit

pizza delivery simulator

i didnt play botw but that looked pretty awful too
perhaps its ok for handheld gaming but wouldnt be acceptable in any other platform

literally, unironically, actually buying a ps4 pro entirely for this game knowing that there might never be a second game i want on the platform

Attached: 1559673951238.jpg (200x200, 7K)

Attached: crazyshittaste.jpg (494x366, 57K)

Same but im finally getting Bloodborne aswell

I want to abort BB!

>EEHHH OOOOH SUGOI
lol

The presentation was just about the "living" gameplay. In fact when you die you get stuck on an otherwordly WW1/WW2 island in an endless battle royale mode. When you finally win you get back in the real world where you will be able to appreciate a genuine orignal game like Death Stranding. I bet most people like you are likely going to voluntarly die to satisfy their autistic impulses to play the same type of games over and over

Why did Kojima make Norman Reedus the main character? I remember seeing Norman when I used to watch the Walking Dead but I didn't think he was a stellar actor or anything. I liked Merle way more

What, the big lion thing? No. Because then you also see Sam shooting the normal BTs (the human-shaped ones that you see when you flash your little backpack spinny thing) with some sort of stunning gun. The lion thing can therefore not be the weakest type of BT since you see him grenading that thing over and over again for several rounds before it dies.

user, seriously

so is this First grader trekking to school simulator?

>this is a walking simulator
FUCK THIS SHIT "GAME" LMAO
>directed by hideo kojima
GOTY, best ever, buying a PS4 Pro for it, haha!!111

is Outward any good?

I think he has that romantic tragic doomed hero attitude he was looking for to portray Sam. But still a badass when you need. Pussy inside but badass outside

>When you finally win you get back in the real world where you will be able to appreciate a genuine orignal game like Death Stranding. I bet most people like you are likely going to voluntarly die to satisfy their autistic impulses to play the same type of games over and over
Fuck, this is exacfly what's going to happen. If the void-outs from players constantly dying occur on the entire server then they'll be actively pushing back against the building efforts of everyone else.

At its core it looks like a hardcore trekking simulator. You have to deliver packages all across america but still have to be mindful of their weight, the weight of your equipment, the balance of everything, a lot of things. It looks like you'll have to carefully plan your trips and sometimes improvise to clear natural obstacles.

I believe the main point of the game is that inventory management.
Do I leave that ladder for others to use or do I pick it up again?
This guy needs help against a BT, should I give him some of my stuff or is it too risky?
Should I help building that bridge or it is a waste of time?

This is Metal Gear Survive

youtube.com/watch?v=p99cT_2bvNI

Survive has better bosses.

It's just like the nuclear dismantle archievement in mgsv but this will play with the autism of people

>oh there is also spooky ghosts that you have to sneak trough, if one gets caught there will be a spooky ghost boss battle.
This is the best part so far, we've seen it twice now when the ghosts catch him and we've seen much bigger BT monsters in the earlier trailers. It looked like he might have been fucked if he didn't have the speed skeleton on for the lion too, I mean it might be the way they cut the footage last time but it looked like the whale thing coud kill you really quickly.

Yes, it's very fun.

I absolutely see the BOtW thing in here and ive seen it since the first gameplay bit he showed. If your game is about traversing a huge overworld, you need to make traversal appealing and fun on itself and make the world as interactive as possible in one way or another so youre continuously making small decisions. When i saw the ladder for the first time i knew he fucking got it.

Disqualifying these games as walking simulators/movies just exposes poor understanding of vidya.

Exactly. It's not a walking simulator because you shoot people and fight monsters, and it's not a movie because you shoot people, fight monsters, and walk/run/drive.

Apparently, it's a single player open-world game with a ton of online multiplayer factors. I guess that's what kojima calls “strand game” after all.

The game looks pretty cool but in my view it needs more action. More things to interact with and/or kill.

Pic related is what I'm looking forward to now. Now THAT'S a game. *sips*

Attached: halo infinite.jpg (2048x1152, 758K)

Maybe I'm starting to get it. Hear me up. As you can see from the gameplay, players can choose to leave objects behind so that other players online around the world will be able to use them. So far we have seen really basic items like ladders, suitcase, a motorbike, weapons... but what about that metallic umbrella and that huge bridge? It seems obvious to me that they were constructed and left there by other players. So, ask yourself: if players can left BRIDGES in this souls-like connected map... what else can they build and left behind? Are you starting to see why the world game feels so empty? Can you imagine how the world of Death Stranding could transform after months of players building structures all around the map?

Attached: 05ETByx.png (1449x2048, 3.9M)

>Sam plays that song Cliff was singing to BB on his harmonica for his BB
Sam was the first BB? Maybe all BBs are clones of him?

Attached: the moon and the earth.jpg (1064x599, 55K)

Kojima has a very anime character type voice.

>Can you imagine how the world of Death Stranding could transform after months of players building structures all around the map?
It did look like you could level up the bridge, the umbrella that charges your skeleton up, and the hotspring, and like people can leave boost zones that make your bike faster. Then if everyone's void-outs effect the whole server, it'll be an incentive to leave helpful weapons and items in BT areas so people stop dying and ruining all the progress.

winner post

someone make a webm of the jump at the 26 minute mark.

>boost zones that make your bike faster.
You can literally make your own race track.
Bravo Hideo

Attached: 1556330786931.jpg (718x512, 23K)

>you can make a hoverboard skate rink

>I'm thinking Kojima might actually be back
>he buys into the "Kojima is shit" bait Yea Forums meme
shame on you op, Kojima has always been brilliant

How the fuck Reedus able to jump that long?

He equipped some leg exoskeleton augmentations early on the demo

I was guessing it was something like that, too. And I'm assuming it's what Kojimbo is talking about. Still might not make it the most amazing experience since sliced bread, but it definitely gives the game much more depth and a peculiar sense of growth that might be hard to find in other games, and that is probably what he's referring to when he talks about a new genre.

It might not be amazing, but it will probably shape up to be much more than the faggots of this board give it credit for.

Attached: 1539978266156.jpg (500x401, 155K)

also the leg exoskeleton needs to be charged to use

Can't wait for the 7/10s and 9/10 from IGN and Kotaku and 5/10 user score and the seething Kojima cultist defending their cult leader saying that “people just don't understand”.

>5/10 user score
Getting ready for that like you did with Astral Chain, Xcuck?

>Qunatum Break was a 8/10 game
LoL
QB WAS A 4/10 TRASH SO THIS MAKES DS A 7/10

NICE LOGIC YOU RETARD

Reading the comments section is about as expected as one can expect. Cultist will say that it looks good, great and “innovative” “gameplay” and he “takes risks”. Sane people will just look at the trailer dumbfounded and thinks what the hell am I even watching. Is this even a game. Can't wait for the 3 million sale and Sony dumping Kojima’s ass finally realizing he's a fraud.

>All this spamming you're doing ITT

Can't you cope harder somewhere else?

But where is the fun?

Attached: defunes1.jpg (850x463, 82K)

>Do literally anything
>"OOOOOooohhhhh!!!!!"

Why cant japs just shut the fuck up for a minute jesus fuck.

uh oh the cultist is here seething over people liking a game deemed evil by his religion

i cant wait to deliver a package,

This looks awful.

Anyone sane and not paid by Sony won't give this piece of overhype trash more than 7/10 you fuck. Players for nk are just jumping on a hype train thinking that this shit is going to be as fun and as interactive as MGSV. When in reality it's not. And it's going to be glorious seeing retarded youtubers trying so hard to justify their $60 purchase. While trying to look intellectual when reviewing it acting as if this shit is deep.

Japs have nothing interesting going on in their lives outside of working themselves to death.

Only ones doing the coping here is you. Have fun holding the joystick button forward for an hour. Boy, sure is fun “gameplay”.
Why would I seethe when I'm going to get the last laugh.

theres one thing that turns this into a giant fuck you even if it would be great

its releasing on a platform that asks you a monthly fee to pay online. If your art is tied to a subcription service its a fucking joke. IF death stranding works anything even close to that and its hampered by PS+, the only version of the game that will ever, EVER matter at all is the PC release

I don't know why you're seething. Only you can answer that. I'm just laughing at you while you do.

Was gonna say this looks like an outdoor simulator with the tedium of an inventory management and without all the actual nature you get by spending outside.

So why not just play RDR2 instead, it looks prettier and doesn't burden you with inventory management and has some interactive gameplay even if it is shit.

>That broken English
50 rials have been deposited into your designated bank account

On the optimistic side, the store page does not say anything about PsPlus being needed for the online components.

it has no real multiplayer
asynchronous multiplayer doesn't require PS+
hell the game itself doesn't have the PS+ required for MP disclaimer

It honestly looks like legit the shittiest AAA game ever

It looks ok, nothing especially mind blowing when considering the budget and pedigree this game was supposed to come from.
It'll still sell really well and be critically acclaimed though so I doubt any complaints against it will be taken seriously.
Still no joost, no buy from me.

Attached: 1567561490061.jpg (1080x1350, 344K)

Damn user. Cool down with the tism. You're turning worse than the retard that insists FFXV isn't shit non-stop in the Square threads.

You think she'll do a let's play stream of Death Stranding?

I sure hope playing the game offline doesn't mean you're missing out on too much major content. I get that the online is meant to reinforce the theme of connections and stuff but I hope that doesn't mean the world is gonna be completely barebones when you decide not to use it.

Really not sold on it yet. The gameplay has honestly been kinda dull looking so far. Just lots of running around a big open world, which would be fine if that open world was varied and had a lot to do in it, but that hasnt been conveyed in anything ive seen so far.

if thats the case then im all for it, it could potentially be the best parts of classic MMO's mixed in with an actual game instead of the antithesis to that which is embarrassing cringe like Destiny which is practically halo with raids and the online component is there to put a bandaid on the lackluster content

I had a feeling you might be using a wheelchair

Is it getting a switch port already?
Its getting pretty close to release and no news on it.

Not unless she has a cuck fetish.

Attached: 1567555582568.jpg (1080x1350, 104K)

She is borderline autistic and very awkward. I can see her doing it.

No amount of autism would make a chick play a game she was cucked out of and watch another actress play her role. Not unless she's getting off on the humiliation and sense of inferiority

Attached: 1566926117603.jpg (852x1136, 78K)

>guy jerks off the west but doesn't even do english subtitles

The crowd for Death Stranding showcase at TGS was really huge. My pic doesn't do it justice.

Attached: IMG_20190912_153909.jpg (3200x2368, 1.94M)

I thought this was just the business day not open to the public.

Yeah I think the answer is this: But the physics in the game do look really fucking weird. There was that video with Geoff Keighley as the Ludens fan, and you see Sam falling off a cliff, and just the way he does is really weird, the physics don't look natural. He falls too quickly.

In fact I found it, at 5:07 here - youtube.com/watch?v=B_Ohy5cunl8

I'm here with a badge that permits me on all days, but I imagine it will be bigger with public crowds for sure.

I'm going to make giant penis structures for anons to gather some shade and charge their shit. Thereby new players can crest the horizon only to see giant hospitable erections looming in the distance.

I don't want video games to be a word for word simulation of real life.
Is that too much to fucking ask?

Attached: 1566131499497.png (672x968, 949K)

this faggot 100% put monster in the game for extra meme attention. what a fucking asshole.

play some csgo and lol then 12 year old pc trannie

PC faggots in complete denial

is it just me or is the story too much of MERICA FUCK YEAH
as someone who is really tired of seeing usa sucking its own dick, i could't care less for the story of this game

>Sam puts on a hat
>Tsugeiiiii

>I'm going to get the last laugh.

Cringe. If one finds themselves literally speaking like a Saturday morning cartoon villain maybe they need to consider the course of their life.

EEH SOGUI DESU NE?

>is it just me or is the story too much of MERICA FUCK YEAH

what gave you that impression?

I'm guessing offline will have pre-placed ladders and stuff.

It seems like the AMERICUH faction is obviously sinister and has more going on behind the scenes.

Here comes the jealous Nintendolards. Dont you have some ports of 10 year old games to play? I mean thats all you get. Shoo shoo.

>literally a walking simulator
OH NO NO NO KOJIMA BROS THIS CAN'T BE HAPPENING!

Attached: stop_making_me_feel.jpg (700x700, 68K)

>Weight management
>Balance management
>Center of mass is important when distributing load
>Footwear management, may need replacements during longer trips so it takes preparation
>Fatigue and thirst

Its not A walking simulator, it is THE walking simulator.

At this point why not just leave your house and go hiking.

Whats with kojima and America dick sucking?

Post *sip* edits

At this point why not get a girlfriend instead of playing porn games?

because I can just fire up Death Stranding and never leave my house

I'll just play Gone Home for the same experience.

I’m gonna have to wait and see on this one. It looks boring as shit from everything I’ve seen so far but it could actually be fun to play. I’m not buying it until I read some non-biased reviews.

Kojima should never be given total freedom. He needs to be allowed to do weird shit but he needs a producer that will bring him back down to earth every now and then. Parts of this just come off as lazy too. The “not Big Boss” UPS man, the “not Skullface” guy with the mask, the “not Hot Coldman” Die-Hardman.

trannypunk is the biggest scam since scamcitizen

PC faggots only play easy to consume games like all that early access garbage, indie games, csgo, lol, BR. I am pretty sure they are to retarded to actually play a game like DS

Unironically true. Pc fats sure like to brag about their superiority but they only consume games released exclusively on Steam and when you check the top sellers its all console ports and indie trash. I would kill myself if I was a pc gamer.

hes a westaboo.

>everything I don't like is a movie game or walking sim
The absolute state of nu/v/

Whoever made this one was pretty much spot on, just a few years ago Yea Forums would have been spuming about "meme magic"

Attached: no surprise he's DOOMing.png (258x543, 196K)

im still out here dooming and stranding

Attached: Boomer Sam.jpg (648x602, 168K)

If this was done by an american developer (say Naughty Dog, for example) Yea Forums would be shitting on it.

>What did you think of the gameplay
bottom of the barrel generic shit

Ironically it's the zoomers whose attention span can't handle walking (couldn't be any other way)

Why don't you? I guarantee the people complaining don't exercise. Fat zoomr cuckboi

At least that game would have some interesting dialog during the walking.

chloe?

Because RDR2 has a boring story that’s just a slightly tweaked GTA V plotline
>HURR ARTHUR I HAVE A PLAN EVERYTHING WILL WORK OUT
>You can tell it won’t from tens of hours away

RDR2 is better written than any Kojima game since MGS3

why does kojima have such an infatuation over anything western or american?

Cause his country is even more soulless with virgin weebs everywhere that eat up gacha shit that's killing modern gaming

Why not just watch a movie then?

Why not do anything I want?

Cause America is based.

That's fine, just don't get upset when people tell you you have poor taste.

what the fuck is supposed to be a "game" here?
Everything looks slow and fucking tedious, if i wanted to just walk around i'll just walk fucking outside

But chances are I probably play and like the same shit you do and also don't have biased stick up my ass where I can't enjoy something else too.

I never finished MGS5 but this looks better than that so it might be something.

>Ask for help
>Others give him grenades and medicine
>John just cheers for him
lmao

>Errands Boy: The Game

LMAO just watched the video, it actually looks very good
>mfw i'll be walking in this game instead of real life
the systems and managements seems well made and refined, looking forward to buy it or... download it

Give me a tl;dr on why you carry a baby around

Looks fun. Traversing the world looks fun too. Liked the hover craft skate board your AI luggage carrier can turn into

Everyone Has Gone to the Rapture was a pretty fun game. People have different tastes. Beyond Two Souls was fun. Fuck, in Fallout I spend most of my time just exploring and trying to discover notes.

Literally the comfiest game since FFXV.
ADMIT IT FAGGOTS. THE ONLY REASON YOU DONT LIKE THIS GAME IS BECAUSE YOU DONT SHOOT PEOPLE EVERY TEN SECONDS. Get a life and start enjoying gaming as an art form, oh wait, video games are the corporation’s way of keeping you locked up and loyal, you don’t see it as art! Haha, fucking fags, free yourselves and stop supporting western devs.

literally every game then

They detect demons.

It looks like that plot to that Final Fantasy movie.

>nobody will realize that Death Stranding is literally just MG Survive because nobody actually fucking played it but me

I mean, so is RDR2, at least Sam can move
>Press up on control stick
>Arthur shambles forwards with an overly elaborate animation when you just want him to fucking run like a normal person
>Rockstar: “IT’S REALISTIC!!!!!”
>Press Up On Control Stick Part 2
>Sam immediately walks forwards, only slow or faltering if you have too much cargo weight on him
>Kojima: “It’s a video game.”

meme

ENERGY DRINKO... MONSTA

kojima just need to add npc around the safe zone, otherwise it just feel lonely.
improve and add variety to the enemies camp.

Story and game can coexist. In Death Stranding, they do, but RDR2 has massive ludonarrative dissonance issues.

But do you know how is bb formed.

Seems like the kind of game that you play just to chill. No epic, intense fights and mind boggling puzzles. Just walk around and do stuff while enjoying the greenery.

It takes one to know one.

Remember, it's bad when Todd has no npcs but it's ok when Hideo does it.

Maybe post-apocalyptic shattered world is suppoused to feel lonely, ever thought of that?

But that's all just busywork, no actual fun.

Thanks CRACK-SIPMAN

Did you even play RDR2 and GTAV? This reads like someone whos only grasp of both games comes from reading Yea Forums shitposts.

Its fun but janky as fuck. Its centered on exploration.

I think the combat looks bad to the point of being comical. After how mechanically sound MGSV this looks like a step backwards

I'm am disappointed and yet still intrigued about this game after see the demo.

Attached: 1535614790877.jpg (1656x2000, 421K)

>cinematic walking simulator

Combating normal enemies is ok but the controls are too clumsy when it comes to boss fights.

The fun is accomplishing the goals set before you in the video game, like all video games you fucking retard.

he watches a lot of american movies.

thats literally the entire plot of the game

I quite like the ideia of making the world itself the main opposition force for the player. I don't think it's something that has been properly done yet outside of plataformers filled with traps and bottomless pits. I was worried it'd be just a walking simulator, but it seems it takes actual planning and effort to complete your trips

I have not seen the footage, and I have only one question to user.

Did he show Hades?

Attached: KenuWitcher.jpg (1000x990, 173K)

its a game about the friends you made on the way to the west.

Day 1 purchase. Can't wait to have my sips and then pee in the hot springs. Then my bros and I will sing while shitposters on Yea Forums scream bloody murder about a game they didn't play.

This looks like a total walking simulator but still looks interesting. If there are some solid puzzles and threats to bypass on your route it could end up being cool. Hopefully exploration is an aspect too. At least it seems to know what it is instead of being a walking simulator dressed up as an ARPG or something.

Yeah, you didn't play. Thanks for confirming.

I'm convinced a lot of these mechanics were supposed to be in mgs v, especially if survive is any indication of where they were intending to take the game. There's a lot of dumb little shit that seems like it'd make the overall gameplay of v less shallow

>no sticky for the entirety of TGS
>sticky every time a shitty party game for unclean manchildren gets a DLC character
>sticky for a dead nigger who liked Nintendo games
Yes, the board is heavily biased towards Sony.

if 76 wast related to fallout, i doubt anyone would care. 76 came with fallout baggage.

Yes but the hologram feel more like a lazy way around it.
hopefully it will balance out when otacon is introduce

Attached: heartman.png (2000x1125, 1.39M)

It'd also explain why V was even open world in the first place.

no not yet

You seem really fucking stupid, and you are in fact really fucking stupid. Let's take a look at why.

>the bossfight with sinking buildings is pure kino
Kojima said multiple times that the enemy he was fighting was a smallfry. Even if you're too much of a brainlet to learn other languages, that's been posted in the threads a million times. Now hit me with that "clever" lackadaisical comment to show me how not mad you are.

>ME NEED GUNS GO BOOM ME NEED FAST GUNS AND BOOM BANG WEAPON ME NEED GORE AND BLOOD ME NO LIKE WALKING ME NEED FAST GUNS GUNS GUNS!!!!!!!!
why are gamers like this?

holy shit, a user with a functioning brain! that's rare.

Attached: 1566323907458.png (879x583, 729K)

Based Yea Forumschad working the Yea Forumsmarks into a shoot

Dunno, DIE HARDMAN looks kinda suspicious, I can't put my finger on why.

I dont know what lackadaisical, nor do I really understand what you mean by your post, but I am not mad.

Amazing! I can't wait to tell my children that I was alive to witness the very first entry into the Strand game genre! So cool!

not unlikely user

>So, ask yourself: if players can left BRIDGES in this souls-like connected map... what else can they build and left behind? Are you starting to see why the world game feels so empty? Can you imagine how the world of Death Stranding could transform after months of players building structures all around the map?
That's not really a revelation. Kojima explicitly talked about building larger things that take time and how the game will evolve over time. That's literally the point.

Not even that user but
>Doesn't know what lackadaisical means

Jesus fucking christ.

There's 10,000 open world games where you hijack cars, shoot the piss out of people, and go from waypoint to waypoint to the next mission. People still buy every GTA comes out.

Death Stranding, for better or worse, will be the Shadow of the Colossus of this console generation. A game that's inspired more by the meta of games and infused with an artistic direction that tries to put itself above the rest. The package delivery thing is pretty much the exact same kind of gameplay people like in simulation games. The need for small amounts of critical thinking necessary to navigate treacherous terrain and some combat here and there will keep the people with short attention spans playing.

This game is already set up to sell like fucking crazy. A lot of people are willing to just drop cash on anything Kojima puts out there. Even more people are attracted to weird abstract visual allegory with surrealist overtones. Face it, this game's a day one hit even if it's garbage.

Kojima even said that many player taking the same route would eventually create a road there. I guess that'ss what his "Strand" game is: A dynamic game world that changes shape according to what the players do.

>ywn marry Stephanie

Attached: everything_is_great.jpg (1600x900, 814K)

Then let the casserole seethe.

>Players will literally rebuild the U.S through mutual cooperation
>Eventually, we'll even get to go to the moon together

Yea sounds like ass

>Delivery Club simulator

Attached: 1560604406896.jpg (460x460, 31K)

Nah, won't be better than a rockstar game bro

Attached: Tv4mwYh.png (481x443, 34K)

Just to clarify, I'm calling you an idiot and think that nothing you say could have any credibility.

Attached: rq4hepbbab231.png (2896x2896, 3.58M)

>Rockstars team are the best.

At least he's honest

You know this place is full of third world ESLs right? Quite literally explains why everyone is so poor.

>Literal walking simulation
>Even down to balancing weight and preparing before you walk
UH OH

>this game's a day one hit even if it's garbage.

trust me on this solidus, the game will be a success, both with players and critic.
V will love it more so then the others

Attached: DEATH STRANDING – hand holding.webm (1280x720, 2.78M)

Journey, Shadow of the Colosus

I think it has credibility

He said it was the weakest of some name I forgot, the ones you get dragged to after being spotted by the BTs.

I'm sure you do.

Yeah, that's getting clearer and clearer by the day.

I'm still surprised this has a release date.

thanks

i am honestly pretty curios to play it

I would honestly give this a game a try if I knew for a fact that it wouldn't have 500 billion hours of cutscenes shoved in everywhere. But just like every metal gear installment, it's gonna be a minute of walking, and 50 minutes of dialogue and exposition.

Attached: 0e7.gif (280x199, 210K)

>Imagine BotW but where you can't run
What a genius

People who say shit like "walking simulator" reveal themselves as losers who play video games to simulate a real experience, like firing guns etc. They don't care about games which are fun purely from a mechanical perspective, they only want games to simulate an exciting movie scenario for them
All you do in Pac-Man is move around eating dots in a maze but it's fun

>The more Players take certain routes, the easier thosse paths become, eventually creating actual roads
>Players can leave structures in the game world for other players to use
>Eventually you can build large structures that take time and resources to build, like Buildings and Bridges. Multiple players can help you build them
>They remain on the map
>Players can die and "voidout", creating craters that destroy everything around and terraform the map

Shadow of Colossus was quite boring and felt pointless to play.

that doest make any sense post mgsv

Enough likes on a ladder turns it onto a bridge?

>filename
holy shit user, censor that asap!

Attached: shy joosten.webm (1280x720, 1.58M)

I never played that one since it sucked so much

There's running, climbing, motorcycles, ladders, skate hoverboards and more

this sound pretty cool

Death stranding More like the walking dead

Holy fuck that sounds cool

I don't know anything about this game, but it seems you get no penalty from carrying equipment, which makes the feeling of bosses completely different.

In death stranding you could be absolutely fucked if you run out or choose to travel light. It adds some tension to the exploration and makes the boss fights feel a lot scarier than they actually are when you first encounter them.

kek, just let youtube auto translate and try to work out what he's saying.

Attached: Sam took 40 sperm eggs. That's as many as four tens. That's great.png (1190x680, 655K)

Find me even one Metal Gear where the focus was the gameplay and there wasn't any focus on the story.

>It actually looks amazing
oh fuck off you disgusting shill. Every single person who works in marketing should be beheaded.

At least you don't play as a nigger. Got to give the Japanese credit

Yes, only negative opinions are valid! Nyeh!

you are a brain damaged retard

this seems like the logical conculsion to Kojima's Nuke disarmement stuff from MGSV: create something that takes shape through the collaboration of players all around the world.
Imagine being seen by a BT and having to make a run for it, only to be saved due a bridge built by another player for example.

Wasn't there a road shown in previous footage? I want to find it and see if it looks planned or generated.

The combat looks so much worse than mgs v. My excitement for this has gone down

Gameplay during the action sections look super unpolished, maybe Kojima should have spent more time developing the game instead of going to his hollywood vacations every three days

So, watered down fallout 76 with roads?

That shit is cute as fuck.

I'd genuinely like to know the people that are desperately trying to detest this, what games do you all like?

I'm curious about the likes. Can you do something with the likes you recieve, does it cost some resource to leave a like?

If I'm saved by a random bridge somewhere you're sure I'll leave a ton of likes.

Also the exoskeletons look pretty cool, but he only used two in the gameplay. Well, there's more on the 14th.

Yes, this. It even reuses the assets from Skyrim like 76 did.

well it sad to know your a sheep.

death stranding is post mgsv, a game that barely contains cutscenes.
And we clearly see kojima continuing with that same inspiration.

It even has hobo symbols I wonder if this is just for you or if other players can see them.

Attached: 1568295733761m.jpg (1024x640, 86K)

Grimoire: Heralds of the Winged Exemplar, Dwarf Fortress and Star Citizen.

People who genuinely think that there are people paid to spread games on Yea Forums in the hopes that you people will buy a game like it will have any impact on profit actually freak me out.

How long do you have to be coming to Yea Forums for this to be something you really think? More importantly, how deranged do you have to be for it to even MATTER to you if it was true?

>Can you imagine how the world of Death Stranding could transform after months of players building structures all around the map?
sorry I can only think of the dicks that would be around

99% sure its for other players to see.

I asked someone and they said Lumines. Nobody likes to answer "what game coming out in the next year looks better?"

So it's a walking sim with progressive shared world modification? Sounds like trash. It will literally only be exciting during the first month and mostly only for Social Media addicted normie shitstai who will wank online about how amazing it is that somebody made a bridge across a valley. I was considering jumping aboard and giving Kojima a chance...but this game looks VERY boring

dicks and swastikas, every single time and thats a good thing

Hopefully will run at 60fps and you can set it up at 4K user, hope your buy is worth

Something interesting, if this stuff ends up true, is that the players will end up shaping the linear path to take through out the game. I guess the decision for new players about a year after launch is do you take the path that was built by previous players or try to make your own path.

Attached: Screenshot_20190801-100901__01.jpg (2522x1440, 493K)

>death stranding is post mgsv, a game that barely contains cutscenes.

Attached: Untitled.png (756x152, 95K)

I loved the game The Forest, and I'm a pretty big Metal Gear fan, so I'm hoping this game is right up my alley.
Also, is this poster kino?

Attached: IMG_2118.jpg (1449x2048, 685K)

>Yea Forumsirgins say it looks like boring garbage no one likes
so it's a guaranted multimillion seller?

Attached: 1325007253857.jpg (497x376, 29K)

This. There's absolutely no gunplay and you can't even mod your guns.

Other players can see it but only after you connect an area. So the first time you explore something you won't get help.
Unless you find a sidequest with the musician for example.

I'm 100% right and you know it fag

It's why games like Journey also get called "walking simulators" (even though you spend about half the time flying). Retards dislike it instinctively because they aren't immediately playing a badass movie game with explosions

It looks amazing for a strand game.

Can you get Dark Souls notes in some kind of light online mode? I swear there are certain games that even if you don't have ps+ you can still do things like look at leaderboards so maybe this is just a light online where objects/buildings appear but you're not 'technically playing online.' You raise a vaild point because this is being marketed as a Social Strand game which clearly means an emphasis on online connectivity.

>we all need to come together!
>sticks are used to keep people away!
>*pulls out a rope to sunset a faggot from behind*
i fucking love every single second of kojimmy bullshitting his audience

Attached: bind with strand.png (842x619, 1.07M)

Okay I lied about Star Citizen, I only pay for it and never played it.

>Gameplay during the action sections look super unpolished
In what regards exactly? Everything worked and looked like it was suppose to.

This

>youtube shills say it’s good so it must be

>kino
obviously a subjective opinion. i do like it.

What the fuck is so great mechanically about a hiking simulation? Fuck off dumbass.

When you are in trouble you can ask for help. During that BT fight other players gave him grenades, guns and medicine.

Exception John. John just cheered and did nothing else.

I wasn't excited before but now it is a day one purchase for me purely cause of the fact that it looks nothing like anything i have seen before.

In regards to there being no gameplay at all

>dedicated sign for bike jumps
Nice. They better let us build ramps.

Honestly, I would hate it if I buy the game late, boot it and see a world filled with the other player's objects and structures.
I'd like some solitude and the wonder of discovery please.

>Retards dislike it instinctively because they aren't immediately playing a badass movie game with explosions
He says this while defending Metal Gear, which is nothing but a movie game with explosions.

The fuck are you talking about? It showed traversing, gathering equipment and fighting people at a base. How's that not gameplay?

Also you have to infuse the weapons with your own blood in order for them to be effective against the BTs.

But good

how can people still shit on this game? it sounds amazing.
PLEASE kojimmy let me join homo demens just for fun.

Attached: kojama.jfif.png (828x1792, 1.51M)

>MGSV had this feature but people will still prefer Death Stranding

they could reset it periodically but then it'd become empty for newcomers

This, remember at one point they thought the dive animation from a higher to lower point in Ground Zeroes was acceptable and now we have this jarring fall animation. Not to mention when Sam jumps the chasm he does this weird wide side to side step you do when there's only a few good footing points (Imagine quickly going across stepping stones) but the terrain looks perfectly fine.

So if you're planning to play offline you can go fuck yourself?

Go and watch some subnautica videos, it's essentially that but with co-op.
You even have a 3D printer / fabricator in death stranding.

Attached: 1560066557233.jpg (1257x1421, 502K)

the way the cutscene were giving to the player were so far between that by the time you reach the end, it never felt like a story was told.

most of those cutscene only activated once returning to motherbase.
death stranding will be similar.

mgsv did not stop the player after one minute of walking for further exposition like it predecessor did.

fuck off fagit

no difference when this place fellates metacritic and the public when they praise a game and people here take it as word of law

Attached: 1351257785000.jpg (252x203, 6K)

There goes the dumbfuck misunderstanding again
The AESTHETIC doesn't matter. In Mario all you do is jump on turtles but it's still a fun and engaging game. In Go all you do is put white and black stones on a wooden board yet it's one of the world's most complex and engaging games
Personally I've never liked a Kojima game so I don't care either way, but people who use terms like "walking simulator" are usually abject retards

Yeah, you're probably losing most of the experience playing offline. The game is about connecting to people and he's made that clear from the start, so that shouldn't be much of a surprise.

Kys zoom

new character for smash always fucks up the catalog, TGS on the other hand nobody cares.

I don't like Metal Gear.

Voidouts might prevent that but in either case it appears that you only see stuff placed by other players once you reach a checkpoint.

Not sure about this one. It’s a lot of gloss over Fedexing. The systems remind me a lot of the showcase for MGS5. I’m similarly concerned that shit like having to Desert Bus-balance every 15 seconds and constantly change your boots are going to be as tedious and badly implemented as something like MGS5’s adaptive enemy system, where literally everyone in the world got helmets the moment you headshot anyone.

>the way the cutscene were giving to the player were so far between

>play MGSV
>get giant cutscene shoved in your face
>walk down hallway for 5 hours
>only to be met with another cutscene
>rinse and repeat

Great """"game""""" you got there, Kojima.

Liking what I've seen. Only thing is the quality seems off. Idk how to put it. Frame's skip or there's not animation where there should be in certain spots like during action/combat spot and jumping to one cliff to the other, maybe RDR2's physics and details have spoiled me. I know not every dev has polish and quality time like R*

Now that something i want to see that.

No they're usually rightly identifying when a game is a wanky mess with very low moment to moment engagement.

If the game was just about small business deliverymen in a post apocalypse battling Amazon for packages I think I would like it.

The make or break of this game is whether it'll require PS Plus for the online features or not.
Plenty of games around where you can still use them.

I can help you be a homo demon right now, user.

TGS had thousands upon thousands of posts in organized threads. Smashshit is literally nonstop shitposting in every direction by retards who haven't even played the game the new character is from. Lots of low post count threads all shitposting about one topic is not a good thing.

I know what you mean. When he ran and jumped from one cliff to the other it looked like he teleported.

>low moment to moment engagement
buzzword translation: doesn't stimulate pathetic dopamine rushes every 10 seconds with meaningless crap

Literally mental illness on your part.

What am I hearing user-kun, you don't wanna walk?

Attached: 400x400.jpg (400x400, 28K)

I don't think Kojima has time to polish white guilt into this game like based R*. Damn.

>T: never been to Japan and everything I know comes from Yea Forums

If i wanted a passive experience, I would watch a movie.

Death Stranding is wanky trash inspired by Kojima getting jealous of Nier/Dark Souls and Journey/The Last of Us.

Not even comparing it to rdr2. Comparing to mgs v, it looks so much clunkier. His team usually is so on point with animation fluidity and all that stuff, but here it doesn't look like that at all, if they're still doing passes over the game maybe this is an older version. However, I can't help but wonder if more important talent stayed at Konami than people realize.

Attached: 1566183153082.jpg (408x439, 50K)

>know Japanese and English
>game is set in America with lots of American and Hollywood shit
>game is written by a Japanese guy and his games have a history of being poorly translated
I'm genuinely at a loss for which language to play the game in.

>has time to polish white guilt
What?

Lel requiring moment to moment gratification is actually a sign of low IQ. Look up the marshmallow experiment.

inb4 some fag says "Durr so you're defending the game being s walking sim with nothing to do!" I don't think your point about nothing going on moment to moment is even true to begin with.

English.

Not sure what you trying to say.
but 5 hours of gameplay without cutscene interruption should be a blessing.

unless you wanted a movie

He had to being up race politics for no reason, ignore him

It's a Playstation "exclusive" for now

Why? What if the translation is shit and the story and ideas don't come across as well because of liberties the translators took?

>There are people in this very thread that are excited about a Kojimbo's Uber Eats simulator
What are these people expecting from this game? I just don't get it.

Attached: 1550556020106.jpg (640x625, 78K)

The game is quite definitively a walking sim where you mostly trek across empty wastelands. Most of the time will just be spent making sure Reedus doesn't stub his toes.

This game is basically white people evolving to have to make it through winter while living relatively alone but not isolated from others. It's long term planning and preparing for different contingencies. Plus it's got an infinitely more interesting background than "You're stuck in the woods. Survive."

English is lingua franca in this world. Accept this.

Attached: Skull Face.png (690x1140, 323K)

Just walk bro, how hard could that be?

Attached: kojimbo4.png (559x436, 301K)

Did you know there were black cowboys? And everybody hated black people except the 50%

It's escape from NY again, the hero is forced into helping murica because it's for the best, but he clearly hates the government and would rather be left alone, the fact that the kidnappers allow the girl to use her phone already implies they may not be 100% evil

That's not going to make Japanese people any less bad at English, or any less incapable of writing in English.

Then it will fail and you have nothing to worry about.

They trust Hackjima and want to be open-minded about new things. They're naive or dumb

You can't learn Japanese.

This paperboy spinoff is really nailing it user, now I can achieve my dream of working for usps

I really like the inventory system. It seems really Japanese. Trying to cram a shit ton of crap onto a small space that is a human. Also, looks like a maximum comfy game.

Attached: maximum comfy.jpg (2000x1050, 235K)

Now you know why the game plot is all that crazy scifi shit, to keep people curious about it and motivate the hike

i mean looks ok, the idea of having other players building shit around is neat
but the main game and objective looks so fucking unfun. Cargo being able to be destroyed or damaged just make any combat approach or fun ways to move cargo around not possible . There is a lot of annoying mechanics around the cargo and weight that might make the game slower and annoying rather than challengin or fun.

That sound like past player did something or how they did
>Huh someone left this behind i wonder who did that?
>Someone must fall here

It looks awesome. Keep seething. I can't fucking wait. Dropping 60 on this.

Same reason of why weeb gringos love anime and jrpgs

Why would I be mad to learn what I thought was a boss fight is actually something minor?

"Here's $100, user."

"Whoa thanks for the free $100!"

"Are you stupid or something? I didn't say I was ONLY giving you $100. I'm also giving you $1000 too."

"Oh shit that's awesome thanks!"

"Aren't you mad? Aren't you frustrated that you thought you were only getting $100 at first? You're so mad. Tell me how angry you are about your free $1100."

"wat"

...that fought and died to free them.

How is being smart and taking proper precaution and care of your cargo not going to be considered challenging?

Maybe you can't because you're an idiot, but I've known Japanese for years.

What about the guys in yellow and the BTs?

Civil War had nothing to do with slavery. It was about the Yankees invading sovereign territory and raping and murdering entire cities of law-abiding, peace-loving Southern families.

REPENT SINNER!

Attached: 1566888589753m.jpg (769x1024, 109K)

>claims to know Japanese
>still speaks English
Kek

becasue its just walk slowly and avoid combat

Challenging? Sure. Will I give a fuck? Will it feel rewarding?

Fuck no. All I'll get out of it is another masturbatory cutscene about ghost milkies.

Finally an user that has based opinions. If I'd like to be in a simulation of real life, I'd go outside carrying a doll in my backpack pretending to be playing

And they accomplished that by creating a wedge issue that never affected them and simultaneously crippled the economy of the south.

I don't get it.

Attached: Screenshot_324.png (2559x1439, 3.29M)

Sounds like a minecraft server to me, will it have jizz animations?

becasue there is nothing rewarding out of it?
press l+r to not lose balacne
pressa button to catch breath.
zigzag like a fucking reatrd downhill becasue you dont want the cargo to be damaged

its a stupid mechanic that just limits you and brings nothing to table.

This is the shit that I'll never understand. The game will have active players for 6 months, maybe a year. God forbid you play it after that or else you get the shitty "where is everybody" experience, because they built in a community that's designed to die off. No one is going to be replaying the same single player deliveryfest years later other than turbo soulscucks that jerk off to "muh headcanon". Kojima promises you all these amazing new experiences and emergent gameplay moments, and yet if you don't play it within the release window it'll still be the same empty walking simulator, just with no le funi maymays left by other players

Attached: disgust_bobby.jpg (615x456, 31K)

The absolute genius has done it again.
Truly, a masterpiece of art and ingenuity.

Yeah, the Northerners really were evil. Just like modern liberals today...
Whoah... who'd have thunk it?!

I know how to swim, but I'm about to walk to my bathroom to go pee.

>Challenging? Sure. Will I give a fuck? Will it feel rewarding?
>Fuck no. All I'll get out of it is another masturbatory cutscene about ghost milkies.
How do you know? What if getting back certain packages unscathed brings in higher rewards? Your literally just trying to assume there's nothing of value or the players not going to be rewarded for playing good

I mean it's kind of the same, like if I had to do an one line write up of both games it would be "Criminals who are getting too old for this shit has to deal with some shit one last time"

I'll post my RDR2 cheevos if you think I didn't play it

>he doesn't swim on land
Everyone look at this retard

Attached: Point your finger and laugh.png (1450x1576, 1.76M)

With this game now I don't need to leave my wheelchair!

>Did you know there were black cowboys?

Yes, actually. I did know that.

I kinda get what you're saying, but then again you have to steer in a racing game to not lose, aka to win, too. And that's fun as well.

I think what could be fun about this is how it becomes so second nature to you, and you will notice it every now and then. The Portal games profitted from that too, although to a higher extent, where you really had to rethink physics and space and everything. So I could see something similar working for DS.

Onsen

Retarded ass analogy from a retarded ass.

Kojima mentioned "Onsen," so this seems to be a hot spring that refills your health and potentially your battery too (It's the first word in that japanese text)

Why the fuck should I care about rewards? All they will do is bring me the next 30 minute cutscene of Mads talking to Reedus about "causality" or "fate" a little faster.

all i know is if this game gets a PC release, its going to be destroyed by cheaters leaving thousands of items on the ground ropes and ladders everywhere

It is metaphorical depiction of Kojima and video games industry

It's a special onsen that recharges battery too, yeah.

>I'm thinking Kojima might actually be back
He never "left". 4 PW and V were all masterpieces despite the violent shitposting they cause on Yea Forums

Now that's an Onsen

Attached: bX_gyc0ozc47bG_pPDBFcX9pc5blrLrlDKZ86yX2e2U.jpg (2048x1536, 463K)

mind to translate all of it?

I feel I could take the left stick up with scotch tape and then press the action button every so often... This game is so exciting, I already made my pre-order!

As long as it's on PS4 it'll be nice. If it comes to PC, the community will go to shit. Exactly like the Souls community.

Attached: file-20170901-30640-4lpign.jpg (496x331, 50K)

Lets be honest, Naughty Dog did make this game and called it The Last of Us, at least here it doesn't be on rails more than a bullet train

I think the game looks incredible but hope that Kojima has something in mind to not make the game THIS slow paced
Nobody wants to walk in empty maps for hours just for the scenario

some of the best games ever are literally moving in a direction and pressing a button against things.

How is Last of Us comparable though? It didn't have any of this crazy shit in it.

>abo nigger passed out in a puddle in front of a giant 4x gold sign
Australia is a magical place

becasue they didnt give him anything good in the demo.
here is what pople dont get, the game core is not about the bridges. is about deliverying packages. Thats what you do as a player, thats why you build bridges, ladders and all shit.
what other players do is to help you deliver packages, not in the sake of rebuilding the world or for story wise. is not to make your game more interesting or fun mechanically is to make your life easier. All the emchanics in this game are tailored around trying to shit on your cargo. there is none one interesting mecahnic that use your cargo that helps the player or that makes it fun. is just slows you down from getting to point a to point b.

Why even come in here and discuss this shit then? You were attempting to engage with me on the games dynamics and reward/replayability then you dropped all that to say it's going to be pointless because of story elemensts? Like who in the fuck are you brain-dead idiots? What fucking developer creates fandom assholes like you that hate anything that doesn't apply to a certain set of rules you've made up in your head of what a game can and can't be?

>1 like(s) received from BB
My fucking sides. Kojima completely lost it didn't he.

Attached: 1520019634642.jpg (268x284, 17K)

Roughly the same idea, carry cargo across a ruined america, in this case the cargo is a dumb lesbian

>food deliveryman simulator
How can truck simulators even compete?

I would mind, because my retarded weeb skills only go so far :^) Sorry. I can only read Hiragana and Katakana, the basic symbols. The text seems to say "バッテリー温泉軍気の湯" (though I think the fourth kanji from the right is wrong), which Google translates as "Battery Hot Spring." It's probably missing some meaning though.

>Walking sims are ba-

Attached: 250px-OkamiNTSCcoverFinal.jpg (250x317, 35K)

Then you're a rube because the modern notion of a "cowboy" is entirely fictionalized.

Im telling you that the game doesn't have a satisfying loop. The only true motivation it has to offer is the narrative. The game isn't about fun. It's about Kojima RPing as an amazing storyteller.

>waaah the game actually challenges me

If you don't consider getting to see more of Mads as a reward then there is no saving you.

> have to steer in a racing game to not lose, aka to win, too. And that's fun as well.
you are comparing mastering the control to a bunch of limitations that are gigving to the player to limit their options in where to go.

the portal games have no penalty over fucking up so the player can keep experimenting and find the structure of the level quickly, here you have penalties for experimenting as cargo can get damaged and not reapaired. Limtiing where to go is one thing, many videogames do that to put enemies or walls that need some thnking to bypass. But limiting the movemenet of the player is much aggraving as it limit styles of play, and is an open world.

Nothing, I don't speak moon runes so I'm not watching it.

>bathing in the mud puddle.
This seems like it's unhygienic tbqh. I mean I know nips love their onsen and shit but come on, this is unhealthy.

Attached: 1567469928032.png (1169x900, 1.09M)

All my hype is gone

It's 電気, and yeah your translation is right.

If I want Mikkelson I will watch a TV show or movie thanks.

>open world
>stealth
>cutscene attacks
its shit. its fucking shit. What an absolute waste of hype

Attached: 1497215836249.png (364x336, 135K)

it challenges people ina stupid way thats the problem.

clearly this game is not intended to be like portal and isn't supposed to be like SM64, where you can run around triple and side jumping all over the place. nor is it about catering to your ADHD need to do things "quickly".

>Post-apocalyptic world where totally-not-zombies with remaining humans trying to kill you to survive and you develop an attachment to the lesbian teen you were supposed to not give a shit about
>Post-apocalyptic world where dead people kidnap you and blow up America and you connect to a baby connected to his braindead mom via magitek internet to see them while reconnecting the world
How is that the same thing?

It wasn't not even 1 hr of gameplay. We didn't see boss fights, we didn't see BT's fully used, we didn't see Hades (death area of the game) we didn't see all sorts of shit. You don't know how the loop will work. You're literally creating false narratives in your head to feed the confirmation bias that you're not going to like this game.

I haven't made up my mind whether this game will be great or not. But it does have me intrigued and I want to figure out and see more.

Traversal is the least important part of a open world game who gives a shit if there's no actual gameplay in death stranding

Its okay when Nintendo/Sony does it.

>edge knot city
Does kojima know about furries?

Attached: 1568119080139.png (500x450, 156K)

face it son: you just want an exciting movie scenario that gives you a dopamine rush every 10 seconds.

I'm not watching
I didn't need videos of Metal Gear Solid before I played it

Kojima proves he's a talentless hack again. This game will flop amongst gamers who care about actual gameplay.

>This game will flop amongst gamers who care about actual gameplay.
Metal Gear series proves this to be empirically wrong.

>actual gameplay.
What dev creates this "actual gameplay"?

No it won't, this shit is going to sell millions, kojima is a celebrity at this point.

There's no confirmation bias. I want to want this game but Kojima has done his best to make it look genuinely shitty.

I'm not shelling out $90 just to give Kojima a chance.

Underrated

then dont make such awful comparisions.
the cargo damage is a stupid mechanic that makes the game challenging in a non fun way and probably slow down the game more than it should..

I cannot control the MC in a movie

But it will excell with gaymers that care about metaphorical and poetic gameplay

I think knot

Thoughts? Australia seems to think the game is multi-platform.

Attached: Death-Stranding-PC.png (1301x675, 69K)

>$90?
What?

At best if you get this day 1 you should spend no more than $50-$55 if you know how to purchase a new product in the states

FromSoft

Attached: Dark Souls - Knight Artorias Fight.webm (600x336, 2.94M)

Having cargo that can survive anything is also not very fun.

What is the meaning of this?

Attached: death stranding.jpg (2559x1439, 1.51M)

All of the excitement I see in this thread is based on speculation and not from actual gameplay. The only people defending the gameplay are just saying it looks comfy, which is the laziest excuse I've seen to defend a game about literally walking. You are all fucking drones.

This is a great question I'd also like the answer to.

There it is folks. If your curious what fandom makes this shitposts 24/7 and hates anything new, look no further. It's always these corporate fromdrones

looks 16 terminal will need to be activate has we make our way towards the final city and rescue amelie.

Attached: DEATH STRANDING – terminal.webm (1280x720, 2.36M)

how is that an awful comparison? you're expecting the game to allow you to experiment with movement willy-nilly with little punishment and to not "get in your way from going from point A to B", so as not to upset your ADHD. SM64 is surely the prime example of something that lets you fool around with its controls and is a prime speedrunning game

you're criticising the game based on the juvenile shit you want rather than what it's actually trying to be

just don't get hit bro

Attached: 1556517281529.jpg (664x720, 98K)

That's been Kojima's audience since always, just look at MGS2.

I liked how the guy here circled back and went for the jump again and didnt even get hit once
game looked super boring, what the fuck

>Basically BOTW on steroids without the Nintendo flair and instead the Kojima flair.

I unironically cringed.

I don't know how anyone who watched the demo can say that considering how little interactive elements there are in the environment.

In BOTW pretty much everything around you can be harvested, cooked or crafted.

How much of a retard do you have to be to give a vote to a non released game?

Love how assblasted everyone is. People seem to have a hate boner for anything Kojima does. It's not just opinions anymore, just blind hate wanting anything he makes to fail. Just as bad as the people who blindly think anything he does is perfect.

Can void outs affect other players' worlds? So you can ruin their experience?

>gameplay

>SM64
>Speedrunning
Shoo, tranny.

>American fails to remember other countries and currencies exist

Fromsoft and Nintendo fans continue to show their the cancer on this board

worse
it's soulsdrones
ACchads don't care about this kind of shitflinging
I also think DS looks comfy as fuck

Attached: Seraph.jpg (1280x720, 84K)

you kidding?
if i could falldown with my cargo rolling down downhill that will infinetly be better.me throwing shit at the enemie and recovering without damage would be better.
being not there makes it more fun than being there.

I don't personally give a shit about speedrunning but it's a good example

>All of the negativity see in this thread is based on speculation and not from actual gameplay. The only people attacking the gameplay are just saying it looks boring, which is the laziest excuse I've seen to attack a game about literally exploring. You are all fucking drones.

>It's always these corporate fromdrones
very ironic coming from a nintendo fanboy

Daily reminder that Kojima ending for MG4 was Snake and Otacon getting executed for their "crime" even though they have saved the world twice, but in the eyes of the world they are no more than terrorists. While they where executed by firing squad the song playing would be Here's to you, Nicola and Bart. But the faggot main team prevented it because it would been too sad. and the KINO ending was canceled

Attached: f14542e366e56c0d4bb8734292a481bb.jpg (600x927, 63K)

there is no location called hades you fucking tard. the "other side" is referenced to under various names and terms since the project was started. kojima personally calls it purgatory, so if anything you should be calling it that.

Bloodborne is light years better than anything Kojima has touched.
Cope.

Attached: Orphan of Kos - Beast Claws.webm (768x432, 2.99M)

It's both of you that are terrible

What the fuck are you saying? There's tons of people saying they're excited about exploring and how fighting the boss looks interesting. You can be bitter if you want, but at least be objective

I really dont care much about this game, looks too pretentious.
In fact kojima is out of his way to make it pretentious.
I miss metal gear.

How about you use actual reasoning if you want to dispute me?

Because I saw him literally walk down a hill for 5 minutes to get somewhere and there was absolutely NOTHING on that hill besides rocks and grass.

You cannot travel for 5 minutes in BOTW without running into 5 or 10 things to interact with.

Metal Gear is one of the most pretentious game series ever made, though.

no it wasnt. not until MGS5 at least.

im expecting the game not to have such an horrendous limitation engraved in tis core gameplay. I already told you anything but walking punish your cargo on a game with main objetcive is deliverying packages.

>I love a game so much that I always shitpost on other games that might threaten my games "relevancy and praise"

So fromdrones are also insecure?

I'm certain the term "Hades" appeared in ome of the trailers. Maybe that's the English translation, but it's real.

yeah show me the game on a shelf, i don't give a damn about shit liek this

Does the jumping look weird to anyone else?

He’s gone insane, he actually bought all the hype around him and clearly not thinking straight

Dont mind me just waiting for the mamaSFM porn to drop

Attached: dseeverythingweknowbr-1559598239791.jpg (1920x1080, 90K)

Stating facts != insecurity
From have perfected the art of vidya.

Attached: GOATsouls.png (1672x660, 369K)

Are these clips supposed to be impressive? Anyone can look up a guide and learn the fight.

i see you stopped playing Metal Gear Solid 1 before making it up the first elevator

This is what happens when you hang around long enough with people who cant do anything but nod at everything you say.

Fuck Kojima.

the animations are janky as fuck
the stealth hit was alse fucking wierd

what the fuck
did they hand-craft the entire open world

Yeah, it's already been pont out that it looked like he teleported when he jumped from one cliff to the other

Attached: 1362173682564.jpg (640x480, 15K)

Link that five minutes of footage.

Will they ever disclose the game total worth?

There is utter confusion at this anonymous image board concept.

As a matter of fact, I did.
It had nothing pretentious at all. You must be mistaking pretentious with "ridiculous" because plenty of highlights in the franchise are pretty ridiculous.

Go read about what pretentious is. MGSV was the only pretentious game, and it was mostly due to the marketing it had. because the game had nothing to do with anything it was shown.

literally the first part of the demo.
i mean i dont think anyone will say that walking is not a HUGE part of this game.

reminder that janky animations are animations that put gameplay responsiveness first
do you really want GTA V sluggishness?

This user is correct. *nods*

>Muh list no one cares about but nerds who opinion won't matter
>MEANWHILE the games director is blowjobbing R*

Cute

Attached: 1560800375412.jpg (882x863, 235K)

Wtf? Yes it was, snake is literally the reason the cold war doesn't become an outright war, he's literally Che Guevara in peace walker, all the big boss games are pretentious as fuck, they do nothing but fellate half the characters. Mgs 4 has some of the cringiest dialogue in all of the series. Don't play stupid here just to win an argument

>Open world survival game
Woah all they need now is to throw in some "zombies" or "freakers" and it'll be like half the shitty games on Steam.

Cope.

Attached: Dark Lord Ending.webm (640x360, 2.27M)

Give me two timestamps where 5 minutes starts and ends and there's nothing to do but walk.

it only appears once in a flavour text in one of the later trailers. idiots just latched onto it because they took it at literal face value.

Mgs v didn't have clunky animations and plays fluidly as fuck, that's not an excuse

Quality and polish matter. There's no reason to not have both as engine and tech get more advanced. It looks lazy and obviously not to par. Still like other mechanics the game is going for though

End of the demo as he was approaching the port.

Just sliding down a hill slowly to get there.

that only works if they are not context sensitive.
for that cliff jump you need to run first and still looked awkard as fuck.
So it goes from slugiish movement to sudenly teleporting or flash speed in a sec whcih looks wierd.

god zoomer newfags like you don't even know why walking sims are bad you just see walking in a game and go "huurd duuur walking sim!!!!!! epic wojak me based!"
they don't have GAMEPLAY, in like Dear Esther or Gone Home or that popular slenderman game you literally just walk around and read, there's nothing else to the gameplay it's just walk and read. there's other stuff going on in Death Stranding though
like if this is your definition of a walking sim, then shit like Silent Hill is one as well because of how much walking you do.

Attached: 1396846220069.jpg (450x500, 16K)

That's a better source than some guy on Yea Forums with an opinion.

>Freakers
What the fuck did you just call me?

Attached: 1568135418265.png (378x379, 220K)

There's nothing to cope, your games director is now making an open world horse back riding game. R* forced them to change because no one cares about Fromsoft's old formula

It's the name of the zombies in Days Gone.

Brainlets spotted.

Attached: Quantum Break.webm (854x640, 2.77M)

>it's a walking sim
>But it's tedious so that's fine

Snake eating a bullet without Big Boss showing up would've been just as good.

>He thinks Silent Hill isn't a walking sim

>Walking
>Showed hoverboards and vehicles

Ok

youtube.com/watch?v=HGx-kEFcznI

40 minutes to 44 minutes.

Nothing at all besides a soundtrack.

Thats not pretentious, retard.
Holy shit you are dumb, go read a fucking book, nigger.

Why does kojima hate snake so much? He's the most likeable character in the series

>literally dozens of boots to choose from
oh, shit. I am fully erect.

Type like an adult.

worth noting he was wearing a speed exoskeleton for that, so it was probably a powered jump that drains battery

>It's not just opinions anymore, just blind hate wanting anything he makes to fail
It's been like that for every game on this board
Contrarians think they're original by shitting on everything

>literally

it was a poor translation of the word hell as a descriptor of their shitty state of existence, which is a fitting use considering that they exist in a generalized after-life equivalent dimension.

thats correct, still looked wierd.
same with the stealth hit he did.

OwO what's this?

Attached: 101.jpg (852x587, 30K)

>Pretentious
>attempting to impress by affecting greater importance or merit than is actually possessed.
Every metal gear solid game since 2 is this.

>Fromdrones
You can't compare completely different games like that just because Bloodborne is that good

Attached: Bloodborne™_20160419194611.png (1920x1080, 2.05M)

Yes it is you stupid fuck, stop trying to dismiss it because you think Japanese wackiness culture is so cool. the entire fucking series is pretentious as fuck, the whole thematic premise of NUKES BAD GOVERNEMENT BAD SNAKE JUST A COG IN WHEEL is pretentious as fuck. If it didn't have Japanese paint on it you'd be criticizing it for how preachy it is and up it's own ass it is, you need to be the one to open up a book, you stupid shallow fuck.

Unlike cyberpunk I understrand why retards are seething about this game but I personally think it looks cool as hell and I can't wait to play.

oh, sorry, forgot I was on Yea Forums

>unironically dozens of boots to choose from

Seething Kojimatard. Bloodborne isn't even From's best game and it still BTFOs his entire catalog.

Attached: Bloodborne Cinegrid (B&W).jpg (5760x3240, 1.3M)

Attached: image.jpg (414x264, 68K)

Yeah, it's exactly explained as such during the stream. Shortly after he stood next to a charging tower built by someone else to recharge it.

This board is endlessly looking for the next tortanic, mixed in with bitter boomers that hate life, and zoomers that think ironic jadedness is the only way to interact, you end up with never being allowed to like anything on this board without being a drone or a shill.

>Kojimatard
>Bloodborne isn't even From's best game and it still BTFOs his entire catalog.
Sounds like you have a severe case of being a Fromdrone with a stick up his ass

Attached: Bloodborne™_20160419194735.png (1920x1080, 2.76M)

>you end up with never being allowed to like anything on this board without being a drone or a shill.
It's because contrarianism is an unironic sign of high IQ.

>>It actually looks amazing
if you are mentally deranged
sure

>implying i'm going to let you build your neat little river towns
Going to engineer some void outs all over your bridges you fegs.

Attached: 1401729453971.gif (500x280, 1.85M)