This move is fucking stupid and needs to be nerfed. What a braindead character

This move is fucking stupid and needs to be nerfed. What a braindead character.

Attached: 11-variety-different-egg-shots-invincible-golden-feathers-flight-an_dq0i6oi.jpg (700x220, 52K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ju_c4a9UPkU
youtube.com/watch?v=FUS_hO6ptZg
youtu.be/riGCdE6ZPck?t=468
fb.com/100010243303153/posts/994028014281966/?app=fbl
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

t.doesn't know how to dodge or block

Acquire proficiency, obtain skill, get good, and lastly, seethe.and.cope.

It happens too fast. There's no way to react to it in time.

SEETHE

reddit

It's frame 18, you can react.

It's flashy as fuck and can't be spammed, just git good.

t.should have gotten a GameCube controller

Why do you think you only get to use it 5 times?

Just grab him retard lol

You can't react but you can and should predict. Do you even play fighting games?

This is my only issue with it, Sakurai lied about that. Only tether grabs work, even perfectly timed regular grabs don't.

Can we not get this move turned into flare blitz 2.0?

Attached: Smug.png (1920x1080, 1.41M)

predict, user. and you should have more than enough time to react unless your reflexes are shit. then there's plenty of endlag for you to punish. git gud bitch

Ill take it over le balanced sophomore anyday.

Banjo is a fun and balanced character who has a little bit of everything.

>Neat projectile setups which can kill confirm
>Tilts for poking
>A decent Nair for OoS and "get off me* moments
>Dragdown combos
>Kill throws
>Versatile recovery
>One of the best whiff punishes in the game

I honestly don't see why I'd wanna play anyone else because he manages to have all this neat stuff without being broken. I wish he had a spike but I can live without one.

I think it kills just a little too easy. Center stage at 70% or whatever is a bit ridiculous. I know you can read and react but I hate characters with abilities that kill so easy from a distance from such a simple mistake, when there are so many characters on the roster that have to work much harder to kill someone even if they're at 150%.

banjotrannies falseflagging and pretending their literally who bear is OP

Attached: 1546624945033.png (960x540, 396K)

>entire thread stating that the move is not op
How's that brain damage stevefag?

They actually can be stopped with normal grabs, as well as command grabs. Look it up.

how many post did I reply to? that's right, only the OP
I'm only addressing the OP my shizo friend
are you starting to see double or something? feeling a little nervous, a little squeezy from steve's pending inclusion? don't pass out on me now
dfon't worry, you'll get plenty of stevechads' cum full of protein to keep you awake

Attached: 1542904439945.jpg (300x168, 6K)

uh huh

>18 Frame Startup
>Noise on Frame 2
>Too fast to react

Holy fuck the absolute state of smashlets

everyone coming in here defending this character lmaooo
im usually pretty low in elite (like 2-3 wins worth in as most characters, only really deep in as my mains villager and samus) but im legit like 8:1 win ratio as banjo in elite without taking him to practice mode once. he's easy mode. side b is so hilariously retarded, his projectiles are so good as being a fucking faggot with, insanely good recovery, and all his moves have odd hitboxes since im pretty sure kazooie doesnt have a hurtbox. it feels like sakurai really made a character for all the braindead americans who were foaming at the mouth at his announcement.

It's totally reactable. Why do people think everything needs to be reactable in fighting games though? Moves are designed to be harder to react to on purpose.

>this move needs to be nerfed because it would effectively render Banjo useless and give me free wins
I feel like these people are the same dweebs that just want to turn every match into an anime swordsman/Fox/Shiek battle with no items and final destination.

Pretty thankful you guys aren't in charge otherwise smash should become another homogeneous husk of its former self, like Melee did after all the arbitrary rules and shit.

>REEEEE IT'S SO BRAINDEAD
Then get the fuck out and play Tekken. Quit trying to ruin everyone else's characters

>I'm elite bro, just trust me
no

Why did they add Banjo over actual iconic characters like Bomberman? Literally makes no sense

So... Command grabs

git gud

Imagine not being able to block a frame 18 move lmao

This
Imagine being bad at video games

Try pressing the "R" button every once in a while.

What the fuck?
I eat banjo's for lunch.
DeDeDe and Game&Watch are great counters.

Attached: 1548694721705.jpg (719x585, 170K)

they even added grab armor and reduced damage for shitters that can't time the grab right, how do you still fuck it up?

I grab these two all the time with megaman. Get fucking good.

>just happened to be in the thread when OP was called out for being a stevefag

get good fag, you guys dont seem to like anything that isn't fox marth melee bullshit
t. Ness main

Yes and no. It's unseeable if he's super close to you, but at a distance it becomes seeable, because it will take him a couple frames to get to you.

>he doesn't know what input + online input delay is

lol Dodge, use an explosion, or a move that has a shitty hitbox. WW is not that good.

Wario's bite can counter it.

*Laughs in Incineroar*

THIS NIGGA CAN'T BEAT WONDER WING

THIS NIGGA DEADASS CAN'T DEAL WITH WONDER WING, GODDAMN

Attached: Laughing Whores.jpg (444x398, 260K)

get ethernet adapter bro

Attached: ifonly.png (1009x732, 1.53M)

>Not learning to counter it
>Not learning to predict it
>Not learning to bait it so you can FSmash him out of it

You deserve to be hit by it.

S E E T H E

It's fine, easily baited.

At low percents, it can be punished HARD even IF he lands it.
Cope.

Its like not being able to react to a 12 frame command grab in Street Fighter.

T. Smug

i prefer the block>pivot>mega upper

>I wish he had a spike but I can live without one.
Beak Barge (Down Aerial) has a meteor effect at the start, but it doesn't last long (so says the Tips section of the game.)

*Beak Buster, my bad.

Doesn't that slam you straight down though, so it's not great to stop their recovery without you dying in the process

If you mash jump you can get out if it, but you fall so fast you’re usually fucked anyway.

I use forward aerial (looks like a punch but it’s open hand for some reason) to stop recovery. It’s also a great kill move.

Attached: 1477021241053.jpg (1284x980, 262K)

Is having extensive in-frame knowledge of character animations worth the sacrifice to skip a fucking shower? Do you sad, pathetic human beings actually feel proud about not achieving anything of substance in life?

Read a fucking book, go outside. Your lives are so fucking pathetic.

Attached: FD1979E5-10CB-483D-8FDA-4B3BF75BEE01.jpg (122x125, 3K)

It's stupid that you need to respect the fuck out of it as an option when he still has charges of it, but on the bright side it's one of the few good things the character has, when the five uses are up you're free to go to town

Attached: 1379385152302.png (317x319, 192K)

18 frame start-up,slow ass horizontal move,here is your You

>LTG posting in a whiny smash thread
Boo hoo sob more loser

Steve has already been defeated friend he is never getting into smash

Yea Forums is bad at vidya

news at 11

why are banjokes trying to falseflag as if anyone think that their irrelevant bear is in any sort of way good?

I could drop this game, rage, get pissy but it won’t take away the fact that I earn a 90k yearly salary in a comfy home with a fiance who actually loves me. For you, obviously being shit at this game means you lose any significance you’ve ever had in your life, and would, not surprisingly lead you to suicide.

Attached: 5CE206AD-00B5-4C38-9FDF-91EBB7A40707.jpg (460x444, 49K)

Tweek is the one big name player who seems willing to give it a chance, but I don't expect it to last

>i make salary worth bragging about and have a loving fiance but i still find time to cry about video games on 4channel
ahahaha

>Slow as fuck move
>does nothing to shield, grabs, and command grabs
>Tons of ending lag
>Can only be used a maximum of 5 times per stock
You are either playing online or you absolutely suck at this game

It's a good reversal move on overextending faggots, that's about it

>fiance
Gay lol

cry sum moar pissbaby

>it happens too fast

Are you disabled?

>Easily shielded
>A notable amount of startup in which they're vulnerable
>Leaves the two incredibly vulnerable after being used
>Can only be used 5 times a stock and if you're smart you can either bait it out or force them to recover with it
And yet it's still the duo's best move. If anything, Banjo's other moves needs buffs. Breegull blaster is fucking useless, ftilt and bair need more knock back and upair needs to do more damage.

Dsp?

Dsp?

Breegull blaster's only use is in gimping bad recoveries and getting the occasional 5% before the opponent unavoidably approaches, it's an annoying move but is ultimately pretty useless

Do you also complain about Ganondorfs wizard foot? Feels kind of similar.

>Hero releases
>Community is divided into saying he’s broken or bottom tier, with the people saying he’s bottom tier because of his moves being slow and reliance on MO
>His neutrals actually have pretty average frame data for their range and his MP can come back is just a few hits
>B&K releases with similar mixed feelings and people that say he’s broken are saying his moves are too fast for what they do
>Most of his neutrals are way slower than Hero’s and his most complained about move doesn’t come back until you die
Why is Yea Forums and Smashtards in general so fucking bad at video games?

this isn't even comparable to hero, there were multiple threads about how hero is broken and wanted him to be banned, there's no such thing for banjo.

This fucking thread is saying Banjo is broken, and there were plenty of people saying he was shit tier for some reason

>play Ryu/Ken.
>always waiting for this move no matter what.
>*parry sound*
>one dash forwards to their direction.
>crouching tilt (tap) x2, up tilt (tap), jab combo, into Shoryuken.
>”WwWwWaAaAoOoOoHhHhH!!!”
Just stay on the ground. What are they gonna do? Run away, shit out a grenade, and then use side b? Parry that shit.

Stop

You notice how people just stopped whinning about Hero?

Just shut the fuck up and learn to adapt you fucking baby

>I earn a 90k yearly salary in a comfy home with a fiance who actually loves me
prove it loser lmao

and yet you still feel the need to brag about your accomplishments on an anonymous Mongolian yak milking forum

It's his one unique move and you can block it or tether grab through it. Outside of this they're a very normal nongimmicky character which makes me love 'em even more. They're just a solid representation of their in game selves. No come back mechanics, no rng, just a solid character.

Speaking of grabbing them out of it can Ridley side b them through it? It's a command grab so you'd think so right? I haven't fought a Banjo Kazooie where I recall my Ridleys side b and BK's colliding yet.

People are still being assblasted by the bear.

Attached: 1560948995702.png (650x650, 43K)

I'm assblased he doesn't have dragon Kazooie alt.

Attached: 59c.png (653x575, 97K)

Who gives a shit, you normalfag loser? You "could" drop this game, but you won't, so you make up this retarded story in a poor attempt to cover your autistic saltiness. I don't care if you're married to the richest broad ever or how much you make, that's not relevant in this thread. The point is, you're a seething retarded who can't predict simple frames.

I never expected it. I know Joker and Hero got alts that were more than just colors, but historically they haven't given a shit so I was prepared for it.

Same here. Seems like such an obvious alt. Maybe they'll add alt costume DLC eventually for a bunch of characters and Banjo + Dragon Kazooie will be one?

>banjo in smash
Fuck off he doesn't matter unless he's get a new game.

Attached: 1567639217567.png (986x553, 344K)

Now now Kazooie, only burn the bad ones. You know Banjo would be disappointed in you if you hurt someone nice too badly.

LITERALLY
JUST
BLOCK

I would agree, but this move is what carries Banjo as a fighter, he'd be low tier without it. Its the only good thing he has going for him, and once those 5 charges are out he's fucked because you no longer are forced to play safely against him.
Really sucks that its practically unpunishable though unless you grab. Can't even hit him when the move ends because he can just frame 1 shield out of it. Every time I've tried punishing with anything other than grab, I just get cockblocked by his shield.

nah being in Smash is pretty significant all things considered, especially for what is essentially Nintendo's prodigal son

Attached: ECVhyJkUYAASsws.jpg (2048x1490, 462K)

This, Banjo is really "simple" as a DLC fighter. The jRPG newcomers have their gimmicks and tricks but BK is almost as simple as the plant which is a good thing, Smash is supposed to be really simple with easy to learn movesets that can be creatively linked together

Also, aren't Kirby and Dedede able to succ him out of sideB?

>spoiler
I see you're a man of culture.

>my mains villager and samus
Opinion discarded

>one thread say he is broken
>that means multiple threads exist!
that's not how it works dude

Yes, any grab move counters Side-B, but in reality is hard to react to it unless banjo does side b across half the stage.

>at 15% or lower.
>they spam it to “get damage.”
When will they learn?

Knowing frame data is common practice in all fighting games, you filthy snob.

Wait, are you ACTUALLY LTG?

LOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Wonderwing seems to me like the textbook definition of a 'filter move'. Dangerous at first, but after you play against it enough times you can counter (literally if you're Joker) players that use it as a crutch.

It's actually pretty east to use Alhona Whip on it, oddly enough

>27% damage
>not good
i get that it's a kill move but damage is damage.

Literally just jump over it, there's more than enough time to react and get the fuck out of the way. Wing spammers are super predictable too so you can bait them out until they can't use it anymore.
t. Banjo main

Wonderwing is a punish move or a combo extender.
Is always dangerous in the hands of a good player.

Because that's a command grab

that spoiler is probably the the most normal and level-headed thing ive heard for a while, and i agree 100%

Attached: 1529487617311.gif (303x303, 813K)

>what is staleing?
At some point they’re just fucked.

>i mightve lost but at least i have a life lmao

they are not going to spam the move to the point its going to stale, its has only 5 uses per stock.

You have to take into account most people on here aren't good in the slightest, but think they are. That's why you have so many retards talking about their online rank like it matters

Wonderwing is easily circumvented
Fear the Banjo who knows how to properly utilize the grenade

Unironically git gud. You lose because your opponent is more skilled than you.

>This character is coming along great
>We even gave him a really strong side special move, and the limit on it is fair and justified
>But Sakurai-san it's not broken enough to justify the price tag!
>His down throw buries
all i wanted was banjo not being braindead and having little to do with item play like diddy kong. and he's fucking both.
fuck this game

Attached: angry.gif (246x205, 565K)

If wonderwing is giving you trouble, then you literally need to git gud
It has somewhat slow startup
A sound queue
A visual queue
Can be blocked, command grabbed, and dodged
Has a lot of end lag

Just git gud

you can literally grab him out of it.

His down throw buries but he's not going to get a smash out of it unless you're already at a high percent.

his only good move needs to be nerfed? fuck off smoothbrain.

or he can wait for you to pop out of the floor and shove a wonderwing up your ass instead

Banjo's down throw is the worst bury move in the game, can be mashed out easily and backthrow kills earlier than it.

>Has a billion frames of startup that can be interrupted
>Slower than Charizard's side B
>Somehow leaves you even more vulnerable than Charizard on whiff
>Limited to 5 per stock whereas Charizard can just use it whenever the fuck he wants as long as he doesn't mind taking a little damage from it

Gee user, I sure hope you never fight a decent Pokemon Trainer...

>Has a billion frames of startup that can be interrupted
>Slower than Charizard's side B
>Somehow leaves you even more vulnerable than Charizard on whiff
This is all false.

Yea, but it'll also kill you in the process since you're stuck with it all the way down. Should have let you jump cancel it like Bayo's dair.

Charizard side b is actually slower, has more hitlag and above all he damage himself. Absolutely trash move.

>smash
>fighting game

user.... I....

I make a million dollars a year purely on royalties and shares, nerd.

it's a bit tricky but if you catch a grenade beforehand it'll explode before you die, letting you recover

How down throw bury is like the weakest in the game.

Banjo's best moves in order:

>Down B: great for damage, combos and recovery, banjo's central tool.
>Side B: great for punishing people, especially in the air, does 20+ damage and kills early
>Up Smash: Frame 9 move, good for damage and kills at very high percentage, covers alot of ground and stays for a while.
>Neutral B: good projectile that stays for a long time, it also bounces, similar to mario's fireball. Holding Neutral B is garbage, never do it.
>Forward Tilt: great for pocking shields, two frame and somewhat fast

And that's it, every other move banjo has is average at best.

Where the fuck is down tilt at

Down Tilt is a worst Forward tilt, still good but ftilt is better in most situations.

But downtilt is really good for edgeguarding

his nair is really close to being great but the multiple hitboxes mess it up
when you land the one that let's you grab afterwards it's amazing, but sometimes you'll get one of the other 3 and it'll just spit em out too far away or send em the other direction

yes it is, but Ftilt is still better, comes frame 7, hits for 3 frames and lasts a total of 28 frames.
meanwhile Dtilt comes frame 12, hits for 6 frames, which is not bad, but lasts a total of 37 frames, also the angle of dtilt doesnt cover most of recoveries.

i feel the same, if people eventually learn how to use his nair it will be a good tool, but as of now, is too inconsistent.

>Seethy Stevies still trying

Attached: 1567741579168.png (500x500, 229K)

that's like talking shit to someone who plays chess because they know what moves the pieces make

Attached: 1565403496740.png (680x480, 604K)

God I want to blow that dumb bear's big fat cock

Attached: 1568257546507.png (735x735, 351K)

>comparing chess, an intellectual sport, ti smash, a party game
Fucking lol.

>missing the point completely.

Any banjobros have tips on the inkling matchup? Considering using banjo on that fucker

Chess isn't intellectual. it's actually for pseudo-intellectual brainlets that only think it's a smart game. the grand masters of chess have become disillusioned by it after finally realizing how mere sub-optimal moves ruin their 30-moves-ahead prep shit.

>its unseeable up-close
Nigga its one of the flashiest moves in the game with a distinct sound effect and startup that rivals smash attacks.

it has smash like startup frames on top of that, may as well be a mobile smash attack.

I bet you also lose to roller spamming Inklings as well you braindead faggot

5,450,096 banjo
used to play shulk, but online lag made my shulk playstyle pretty unviable so now i just embrace the cancer that is super camp bros ultimate

>based, sexy character like banjo is one of the most powerful fighters in the game
What's the issue here?

it's a party game

Use their confidence in their side B to your advantage.

The move is like a sideways version of the drop zone aerials, position yourself to punish on their miss..

Attached: 35.gif (176x178, 608K)

post a remix better than this
youtube.com/watch?v=ju_c4a9UPkU
protip: you can't

>without being broken
Just wait till Tweek uses him in a tourney

>just wait until the second best player in the world uses it
WOW.

It takes a good player to show how a character is suposed to be played, nobody knew what the fuck to do in neutral with Joker till Leo started using him. Also Samsora is number two.

Tweek is arguably not even top 3 anymore although him and Marss have been equally disappointing.

>sakurai says you can pick up the bounce pad from banjo’s up b
>you can’t
WHY YOU LIE

Attached: 7FF0FAF7-7799-4808-B2C9-A78F5DA2DF56.jpg (314x250, 20K)

This. I've been finding Banjo to be ridiculously difficult to play with in a 1v1 setting. It's nothing, but egg spam and then praying for any kind of opening. He has absolutely no approach options and completely lacks any real combo potential. Once he's out of feathers he's done. The only time I can get a win with him is either in ffa casual matches or against someone who's clearly just starting with a new character.

I'm still trying to learn the character, but it just feels like such an uphill battle every time.

Attached: 1559845791507.png (444x287, 37K)

It is fucking stupid in 2v2s with no Friendly Fire.
But it isn't that bad with Friendly Fire on or 1v1s, if you get combo'd into it then it's fair

Tweek makes banjo look pretty good. He did fairly well against Nairo’s random characters but he was losing quite a bit. Definitely needs more time in the oven.

I main Inklng, I can help you.

The MU is really dependent on Wonderwing, as long as the threat of Wonderwing is hanging over Inking's head, she's going to have a lot of difficulty doing her cheese on you. Wonderwing is frame 18, Roller is frame 17. The moves are very similar in function and can be used in the same situations, except WW beats Roller 100% of the time. When fighting Inkling you should bait out roller, put yourself in positions where it'd be dumb if Inkling DIDN'T roller you and whip out Wonderwing.

The only asterisk to this is that without WW Banjo is much less scary and Inkling can rush you down all day, so keep at least one and make sure it's for killing. Outside of that, Inkling doesn't like Banjo's ftilt since it's mostly disjointed and Inkling can't contest with it unless she's about to bair you. You can't really deal with Inkling point blank to keep her out with eggs and grenades and use nair and your tilts to reset neutral and bait rollers out.

I want to say the MU is in Inkling's favor but it's too early to know for sure, especially since you can murder Inkling at like 80% by getting a good read. As long as you're smart about Wonderwing you should be okay, though it might take a while to really beat Inkling since anyone still using Inkling this late in the game has likely mained her since release.

Attached: How much damage can i do in 7 seconds.webm (1280x720, 2.97M)

>vivi
LMAOOOOOOOO stinkling
do you still browse ssbg

Just to note the best time to WW someone is
-when they're landing with an aerial
-in a tech chase situation like in the webm
-if they're trying to chase you after knocking you backwards
-punishing someone who rolls behind you
You can also smack people in midair and use WW to 2frame, so the move is actually way better and has more applications than roller.
Sometimes.

who is top 3? marss lol.

youtube.com/watch?v=FUS_hO6ptZg

Attached: crushing.png (600x649, 104K)

Now I know you didn’t just call WW better than roller. It’s a good move but let’s not get ahead of ourselves here.

STEVE FAGS GET IT NOW AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA YOULL NEVER GET IN AAAAAAAHAHAHHAAAAA

Wonderwing is literally roller but hits people in the air, 2 frames, kills sooner and is fully invincible while going through people's shields, making it harder to punish than roller which gets stuck on shield. It's also only one frame slower. You can argue the limited uses make it worse but for how strong it is I think it's fair.

If they are mid animation and you spit it out they have to take it. There is no getting around it. When you use side b you can't really try to combo it unless you know it will hit. I go all game without using side b and make them think I forgot about it and toss it out randomly. There is no reaction to that.

Cope
Seethe

>>If they are mid animation and you spit it out they have to take it. There is no getting around it
That's called a punish, retard.

What are the advantages of a Gamecube controller

I tried one but it felt weird so I went back to the pro controller

t. 5.2m GSP player

Attached: masahiro-sakurai.jpg (640x370, 57K)

ww doesn't guarantee a ko on hit.

I applaud your retardation

It was probably a translation error, I bet he said "it can be reflected"

That's not the point retard.

mostly nostalgia. I use gcn controller only because it would take a few days to adjust to a new controller. that's all.

>Yea Forums day 1 one banjo
LMAO HE SUCK BOTTOM TIER LMAO
>Yea Forums few day later
DUDE NERF HIM WTF!!!!!

This pissed me off a little to.

Nothing. Only gamecube games were made with that controller in mind.

Hahahaha holy shit you fucking suck at video games

gcn are arguably worse than pro controllers because they have one button less.

>bragging anonymously
user, no one here cares, we’re all equal shitlords

Mostly because a lot of people grew up playing with it and they're used to it.

Well neither does roller unless you're already at a percentage that something like a Smash attack would have killed you anyway

Banjo didn't end up standing out to me precisely because he's a generalist, I already have Mario to accomplish his job. Little to no nostalgia for Banjo-Kazooie doesn't help, I wasn't interested in him as a potential character even being fully aware of what he was capable of in his own games.

Attached: 1547831804186.jpg (157x175, 13K)

Not him but Pro-cons are faster than GC-con

Plenty are already calling you a faggot but let me try to help you not be one instead of just calling you a scrub. A lot of smash pros do this as well; foresee any potential of a projectile or dash attack coming connecting to you during neutral and through out your shield just for that moment. It's a good thing to do even if you maybe didn't need to. This OS will help you a lot dealing with not only banjo dash but all else as well. more than that you need to just git gud fucking casual

limited uses and its infinitely more punishable than roller is. You can jump cancel roller to get out of a punish.

The advantage is not having to learn a new controller/contro scheme
t. played since Melee

Attached: 1568102832209.png (338x327, 169K)

>Roller guarantees a kill
Not at any percentage where Wonderwing doesn't kill outright.

I ask because I often see long time players recommending (or even insisting) that n00bs pick up a GC controller and I assumed it was the optimum way to play, but with Ultimate being my first ever serious Smash and having tried a GC controller, I haven't noticed any advantages. Slightly longer stick shaft for more precision maybe, but everything else feels more awkward, especially the button/stick layout. I had a Gamecube back in the day so it's not new to me, but it felt wrong playing fighters with it like Melee and CvS2.

Attached: 24zw8j.jpg (1668x2499, 916K)

i could argue good gamecube controllers last longer than Pro controllers but is not really a "benefit".

> REEEEEE SINCE YOU'RE BETTER THAN ME AT THIS EXCEPTIONALLY BASIC SHIT I'M GOING TO CLAIM YOU'RE A SHOWERLESS NECKBEARD

Attached: 1534961163084.jpg (750x750, 27K)

MENTALLY UNTOUCHABLE

>move is too fast to block according to casuals
>is more than 16 frames of startup so it's very reactable to, AND can be predicted if you know your opponent's tells/patterns of play
hmm, where have i heard this one before

Attached: 190f unblockable.webm (1920x1080, 2.96M)

See, that's the thing, you play with what you're comfortable with. I've played Smash with GC controllers so much that for me it's the opposite of your awkwardness, for me every other controller feels wrong to use when playing Smash Bros.

Attached: zero.png (160x216, 4K)

>Yea Forums says a character is trash
>the character is actually OP
every fucking time

It FEELS great and still has all the buttons you technically need for Smash, but if you're used to new controllers at this point it's definitely not worth it just to get one.

The shitposters are still assmad that Banjo was added to the game, and they’ve been out in full force since his release. I don’t know how they find repeating the same tired posts funny, but that’s Yea Forums for you. This and Yea Forums are the only boards that can kill a meme faster than Facebook/Reddit.

Remember when people were saying that if you do not get the feathers back overtime, the move was probably going to be garbage?
Now its come true, but instead, the move is too powerful?
I just find it funny is all.

I'm going to say the same thing I said to people who complained about Hero being OP.

git gud

I still wish it would very slowly replenish over time, like maybe one a minute or something.

The move isn't too powerful, the people in this thread are just retards who get their opinion from watching Alpharad.

>Alpharad

I miss when he made dumb montage videos instead of the cringefests he puts out now.

>mains villager
Big brain player

His videos still have cool shit and the humor is mostly there, but it's kinda... mitigated by his use of dialog for delivery instead of editing
And the worst part is, he's come out and said that Kunai with Chain was the first video where he liked his own work. He literally hated all the good stuff.

>we will never get how to play Hero 101, or how to play Banjo 101

It hurts.

>alpharad
Unfunny, low test faggot

Attached: 1ED8CA16-CC18-427F-BA2B-43B53522CFD0.jpg (1242x1070, 788K)

this was an impressive bait user
well done

god damn , liberal men are such faggots

Why do smash players seem to use "braindead" and "unga" so much more than other fanbases?

Fucking faggot retard OP yet again proving he can't play the fucking game every time a new character comes out

Ky players have no rights

Imagine having a reaction time slower than 300ms lmaooooo

it's only ultimate, and it's because ultimate is a bit braindead
the game is fun, but the best strategies are shallow and safe.
ask any melee loyalist why they dont play ultimate. most will give that answer.
you could pick up the game, pick an easy character like banjo, mario, lucina, wolf, etc. and within 20 hours of practice, you'd probably be able to start beating a few people at your locals that have spent 100-200 hours playing it.
the skill floor is ridiculously low.
however, the skill ceiling is pretty high too. thats why certain players dominate the top placings at tourneys.

>it's another "Yea Forums sucks at video games" thread

Attached: 2DBF1C2A-FE10-4E92-9412-B1A8888D231E.jpg (628x294, 48K)

I agree with you outside of calling Banjo an easy character. Ultimate rewards spamming/button-mashing by making it difficult to punish in a lot of cases.

First of all, correct your use of skill floor and skill ceiling.
Other than that, vaguely correct. But I'd prefer a game that's relatively shallower that still has room to grow over
> Oh, you have two thousand less hours than me, and always will unless you literally cut out every facet of your life other than Melee? Then perish.

Attached: metaphor.png (709x539, 12K)

op forgot that the move only has 5 uses for each stock. what about hero, op?

>Spam Wonderwing
>Out of five wonderwings, the enemy is sadly so terrible that they get hit by three of them
>Die
>On second stock, spamming Banjo uses up the last two wonder wings
>Plays like a idiot and dies
>Banjo on second stock, but other player already has some damage from before
>Banjo proceeds to spam wonderwing again
>Out of five, they get hit by two of them and die
>On last stock, use up the last three, with only one hitting them
>Banjo player dies to go to last stock
>Now has five more wonder wings
>Banjo player wins

Basically, fighting five wonder wing Banjo is like fighting Smash 4 Bayonetta. You just play at their pace, be patient, be slow, be perceptive, be careful, and wait out the five wonder wings before you get to actually start fighting. Its a game of resources now instead of Smash Bros, you have to make them use up as many wonder wings as you can before you actually start playing the game normally.

And people hate this. They hate playing the enemies game instead of how they like to play.
You either start a match by approaching, or start a match by waiting for them to approach. What kind of player are you?

If anything it should be buffed so he gets feathers back on a slow timer. Like 1 per 10-15 seconds after you run out. Sometimes it's the only good way to approach a campy zoner.

it really is better because a NGC controller will never change and can be used in multiple systems, so you dont have to adapt to a new device in the future. I dont understand why nintendo keeps insisting with a pro controller at this point.

He plays smash so clearly not

>Once he's out of feathers he's done.
No, YOU'RE done, apparently.

As someone who's put a few hours into Banjo, it's super easy to interrupt on startup, or bait and punish. Limiting it to 5 per stock means their options for recovery become much more limited and they have to work harder for a KO.

>Basically, fighting five wonder wing Banjo is like fighting Smash 4 Bayonetta

Never have I seen a fucking dumber comparison. Congratulations on being the scrubbiest poster on Yea Forums today

Attached: 1461197066124.gif (300x300, 1.49M)

him and Little Z are unwatchable now

little z is just a fucking retard

I miss when Little Z did OP montages. The few he did for Ultimate are great.

Ninkendo is the only watchable smashtuber for me

BASED STEVEBRO

>skill floor is how much idiot proofing a thing has
not really, at least not in the way your pic says it

skill floor is the difficulty to achieve basic competence with something, how much juice you need to jam into a thing for it to start giving something good out. for example, piano has a higher skill floor than the triangle or the cowbell because there's more notes to play and more ways to fuck up; to play a piano you have to learn chords and progressions and sheet music, while the cowbell just hits the bell on the beat and contributes to the song.
consequently, skill ceiling is the point where the diminishing returns from gitting gudder start to end, because at that point no matter how much juice you pump into it you won't climb far. returning to the example, the cowbell has a pretty high skill ceiling but it's still just one note, you can do a lot with it but more notes let you do even more than that, so a piano has a higher skill ceiling than a cowbell.

tweek got bodied so hard by nairo's palutena last night that he rage-switched to pokemon trainer

Attached: 6315E874-AB5A-40CB-A9A8-D9684A8E5563.jpg (1024x1024, 79K)

If it was just dragon kazooie and not polar bear banjo with dragon kazooie i would have been very pissed

>Banjo is brain dead
Can anyone actually explain why?

same reason other newcomers were: people are yet to get a good grip on how to properly counterplay

>You either start a match by approaching, or start a match by waiting for them to approach. What kind of player are you?
I used to play, and enjoyed playing, Smash Bros Brawl. So I'm used to adapting to both strategies. I'll be damned if I let some faggot Link/Yink/Tink outcamp me when I play a character with a reflecting move and a move that converts their bombs to healing %. Just the same as I can go on the offensive when faced with a matchup where that's clearly the better option. Banjo is just a matchup where the superior choice changes mid-match.

Attached: 1515707900427.jpg (423x412, 83K)

Fuck I wish I knew what kind of playstyle I have.

Remove the fucking character altogether

I bet you think it's cheating when people know where the weapon spawns are on Halo too

Based af

B&K are in good hands for the first time in 17 years. I'm not expecting Microsoft to ever do anything good with Rare again. Ever.

Attached: D-RnGglXoAIF_AX.jpg (1189x1136, 76K)

Sea of Thieves has slowly developed itself into a game worth the studio's name.
Been playing their games since the 90's, I agree they shouldn't ever touch any of their old IP's again, but I like the new Rare.

What Banjo haters don't realize, is that being in Smash is the endgame. We knew after Yooka Laylee, there was no hope for a new game. But Sakurai is someone you can trust.

>basic framedata you can just look up when needed is extensive knowledge
refer to the pic you posted, and to this video liked below (it talks about all fighting games but some concepts apply in smash too)
youtu.be/riGCdE6ZPck?t=468

>You either start a match by approaching, or start a match by waiting for them to approach. What kind of player are you?
You fake an approach and then punish their attempt at a punish, of course

Attached: 1467139796873.gif (320x245, 1.89M)

The absolute state of Stevies

im still hoping for rare replay on switch
xbox knows that nintendo fans miss banjo and him being in smash could be the start of a deeper connection between the two companies

No, YOU'RE done, apparently.

They aren’t wrong. Smash is a braindead fighter

I've considered getting an Xbone but the only exclusives I have any interest in are Rare related. KI3 is on Steam if I ever feel inclined. I'd give Sea a shot since it's on the game pass, but they're planning to put that service on lots of platforms anyways.

I psychologically torment by bullies...

Tell me this artist has drawn porn of dragon Kazooie.

How well does BK and BT run on an N64 emulator? My cousin told me the other day that N64 emulation can be wonky still so they may not run perfect.

Not sure about BT but BK ran pretty well aside from the odd graphical glitch during the intro. That was about a year ago when I last played it.

My little brother started B-K on project 64 and it seems to be just fine. Maybe Tooie is a bit finicky, haven't tried it.

What's the best emulator for it as of now? The rom should be easy enough to find but I'd like some anons personal choice in which is the best emulator. Would be nice to see it in a higher res than on a crt.

I was playing on project64 iirc.

The move isn't the issue, the issue is you playing online. It's easy to react to and punish if you're not dealing with a shit ton of input lag

>5.2m GSP player
GSP means fuck-all because of bad netcode, the way the system discourages repeat battles, the fact that the system is abusable with certain rulesets and that it is random which rules it will pick between you and who you're matched with, etc.

To answer your question though, there is none. Play with whatever you are comfortable with, unless it's the joycons because they have shit analogue sticks and latency issues. The only reason most players prefer Gamecube controllers is because many of them have been using it since Melee and the button layout jives very well with Smash's control scheme. As long as Nintendo keeps supporting it, they will continue to use it. Pro controller is just as viable to play with though since Nintendo is now embracing traditional controller layouts and the thing is comfortable to hold and is quite responsive. I still personally prefer how the Gamecube controller feels for Smash but between the two, there is no wrong answer.

Just know that if you ever decide to go to a tournament, they will likely ban wireless controllers (meaning no pros) because too many people are morons about making sure to unpair them after a match and can end up slowing things down or even fucking up the next match.

I hope you get run over.

I think I'd rather it get to PC. Banjo on switch is a novelty, but getting those 360 ports onto PC would finally stop the need for relying on the N64 version and N64 emulators. Same with getting Nuts and Bolts.

Attached: Banjo senpai.jpg (3037x1669, 2.24M)

Lowtiergod

why does this look like you took a photo on your TV instead of a screenshot

Where’s the piss jug?

grandpa stop playing video games

>Inkling roller autist is now a Banjo wonderwing autist
1 8 F R A M E S

ROFL

Mario plays nothing like Banjo and Banjo plays nothing like a “generalist” and if you think so you know nothing about Smash and how it’s characters are played

Attached: 778057CA-1823-42FC-A7FF-21BC0B0CA0C5.jpg (1258x976, 606K)

im lazy

shield or grab you dumbass

Attached: guh had it.png (1264x948, 1.94M)

just grab and punish him, he's literally helpless against grabs during this shitty move

Attached: 1515157843648.gif (328x321, 2.79M)

fb.com/100010243303153/posts/994028014281966/?app=fbl

Hello smash thread, this is your resident Steveposter.

Attached: lmao.png (480x672, 133K)

BT always crashes at the same spot in Witchy World, for me.

Even that has counterplay and the rest of Banjo's kit exploits habits in Disadvantage or Out of Shield. Fairly honest character as it is. Some people even ended up being a bit disappointed for the character from that honesty

Attached: doc.jpg (140x200, 20K)

I still haven't bought a single DLC character but I'm thinking about buying the Fighter's Pass soon. Banjo seems like he's so much fun to play.

I hate that I keep getting hit by Wonderwing though when I really shouldn't be.

>stevefag uses fessbook
you cant make this shit up
i told you your endless shitposting has consequences, stevie

Attached: cope and seethey.jpg (2272x1536, 896K)