"Old" version of game is released

>"Old" version of game is released
>It's a massive success

>Another "old" version gets released
>Once again it's a massive success

Is this becoming a thing?

Attached: Image3.png (1198x1342, 3.28M)

Maplestory classic when?

>tfw all the good games in the late 2010s and early 2020s are literally rehashes, remasters, re-releases, etc.

They're out of new ideas already.

Attached: sad frog unimpressed coffee.jpg (250x246, 12K)

All I want is "League of Legends classic" with state of game like preseason 1, season 1 or season 2.

You don't want this.

the film industry is already doing it why not the game industry too

It's almost as if video games are getting worse!

That should just tell you how shit games are nowadays

Yes now it is time for Phantasy Star Online classicâ„¢

welcome to disney movies

OSRS is literally RS3 at this point but without a couple of major updates, shittier graphics, and more bots, don't even try to delude yourself into thinking it's anything but

Runescape was never good

SOOOOUUUUULLLLLLL

Jagex killed OSRS through endless shit updates when people got tired of just doing Barrows and GWD

>massive success
>even the main streamer server hits low-mid pop unless it's at peak time, where it hits high pop.

Game is already dead.

I want this.
I played LoL before season 1 and in seasons 0-2 Lol was fucking full of soul. Now today lol is some casualised souless gacha shit.

Unless you're on PC.

Game design/developer talent has been going downhill since the late 2000s.

lol is bad, yes, but i don't think it's gacha shit, it's just bad, I don't actually think it was ever really good, it was always just good enough for some since it has very small competition that has reached its level. It nearly monopolizes the genre.

not playing at the moment but here is nothing game destroying yet
its not like EOC where people said fuck this and stopped playing all together

Please be the next one

Attached: C8DD9796-1D73-4948-8074-14AAD7D81CA6.jpg (220x313, 21K)

I hope League of Legends does it

No one is out of ideas. They know exactly what they are doing and it is netting them dosh.

Will developers think twice about releasing updates now since everyone appearantly likes the game at that current state

no

People are getting sick of the modern MMO formula.

Not if Reddit has anything to say about it

galaxy brain: downdates
restores a previous version

just thinking about this, big bang was a mistake

I never gave a shit in the first place

>Old version of game gets new content
>Only the sequel quests and GE are panned

>Old version of game is speculated to have new content
>Get complaints about it because it won't be vanilla anymore despite 1.12 being easy mode already

Attached: captainmarvelous.png (300x300, 146K)

If you played LoL classic you would just sink back into the classic META and have the same problems now

League gets souless at high level play, like virtually every competitive game

These are games that got developed so long that they lost their way.
They lost popularity and started dying.
The reason was that the current game simply wasn't as interesting as the old versions.
So this is a good thing, game design is important and sometimes it seems like everything else has gotten better except the game design. So it's good to re-teach everyone on gameplay and remember why all those things you just made were bad decisions and people knew long ago.

I don't really remember Pre-Season 3 LoL being extremely heavy on esports where it overshadows the overall game and immersion. If anything, they would probably return to that spider queen champ along with the Average Joe adventurer one and they're going to be very busted somehow.

>Players vote for any shit Jagex throws up
>Players demanding EZscape
>Players are now just brainlets who need third party cheats to tell them when to click
>Nobody talks anymore because efficiency

OSRS has one of the worst playerbases

>punishing customers that have been loyal to you all these years by abandoning the newer version of the game
>in favor of nostalgia-ridden manchildren who will leave your game again at the drop of a hat as soon as you add in anything even slightly quality of life
Blizzard's smarter than that.

Attached: Dig.png (126x127, 16K)

Devs act like George Lucas and can't help tweaking their creations. This is because no artist is ever satisfied with their work. They also can't see their work in the same way that their consumers do.

The GE killed it being "Old School"

I started a new ironman today. I'm trying to minimize guides, and making use of the notes function runelite provides to write down quest objectives and plan my way aroundt he game.
Playing slow, with music on, and not caring about efficiency is comfy.

yeah i get it but then again back then that was standard for multiplayer games
people dont have time to stand around typing "buying lobbies 4k" all day anymore
MMOs are a product of their time and it will never come back

Oh bullshit
Kids have time to build Minecraft and play Fortnite all god damn day
MMOs just got stale

I wish Blizzard followed the OSRS model of creating new original content for Classic in Classic spirit. I'm not sure I trust blizzard with that though

yeah but the difference between building your autistic minecraft castle and trading is pretty significant
in minecraft building is probably the part you want to be doing otherwise why would you be doing it?
trading is not about the trade but the result of the trade
you dont come home from work and get hyped to stand around trying to get a good deal
its of course way more fun to trade when you always have the possibility of getting a good deal but in the end its only the result you want

My friend suggested classic wow do a voting system like osrs. Should this happen?

>he doesnt want to barter with each other by spamming glowing waving text
Get out

50% nostalgia.
50% companies being retarded and changing the aim of the game update after update toward a bigger casual base, compromising some of the original features and feels.

i want to at times
but sometimes you also just want to get on with it
the trading post was way better than GE though

Imho for blizz its a safer play to just make TBC servers than try to create new classic oriented content because they might fail with it

In my opinion is because people know what they like and really they just want more of what they already like but in a new style

Devs will create a great game that people love and then turn around and make the sequel or expansion something completely different and then wonder why people leave their game or stop buying future entries

Being risky and innovative with an IP that is already successful is not dating or smart, it's fucking stupid

Same thing happened in the film industry.

I dont want to believe you but I know you're absolutely right.

Minecraft is unironically more social than modern MMO games.

Minecraft is unironically more immersive than modern MMO games.

Minecraft is unironically more of a world than modern MMO games.