What's the best Monster Hunter for someone who has never touched the series?

What's the best Monster Hunter for someone who has never touched the series?

Attached: 1568264186449.png (1404x1752, 2.16M)

The newest one. and it will always be the newest one. Because the series only improves with each new game.

emulate freedom unite on ppsspp

Monster Hunter portable 3rd with the English translation and PS3 textures mod. Otherwise play world or double cross if you own the system or want active multiplayer. Freedom unite is fun but you'll get called a faggot if it's the only game you've played.

3rd sucked tho. Literally worst endgame and lamest "endboss"

The most recent will always be the best due to the roster and mechanics.

Freedom Unite 2 will always be a classic, but shits been improved so much since then it's crazy.

Does the psp version even play well?
I think I might emulate it but psp doesn't have a right stick so I assume there are no camera controls

World or portable 3rd

3rd gen monhun is the best one and portable 3rd removes underwater making it even better.

Probably World

It uses the d pad for camera and analog for movement. So map the dpad controls to the other stick for a comfy camera.
Even considering it's postgame is weaker I still think it's a great entry point. It avoids the jank of the earlier titles and no meme filled translation the later games have. A good title to represent what fans liked and expected from the series before World overhauled things.

This, and i play since MHFU. GUfags can kill themselves

probably P3rd

Don't be a fag and play MHFU, use PPSSPP.

Ignore all the games that lack G rank, once you are done with FU continue in chronological order, you can ignore the entirety of gen 1 because it is beyond fucked up.

MHFU if you want to experience the core monster hunter experience with a lot of jank, and a lot of content
Portable 3rd if you want the streamlined version that has less content, is far easier but a lot more polish and feels like a more "concise" package
3U if you want that but also with swimming and more content
4U if you don't like swimming, want the latest weapons and monsters, a ridiculous amount of subspecies and one of the worst endgames around, a ridiculous amount of available armors though
XX if you want a crash course through monster hunter history with probably still the most monsters in the franchise, and a lot of optional anime and a very slow start.
World if you want the completely revamped experience for people like you with not that much content but a lot of QoL

Freedom unite

People who recommend FU are nearly always lunatics

MH1. Everything else is garbage.

By that logic GU would be the second or third best game in the franchise, you muppet.

If you have a PC, PS4 or Xbone, World.
If you have a Switch, GU.

Both are pretty easy to get into.

GU is the best game in the series if you resist the temptations of styles

If you're a casual bitch and want a western pandering game, play World
If you're a casual bitch and want an eastern pandering game, play GU
If you're a man, play FU

FU players are insufferable because they actually think they're hardcore for playing a bad game

None, play Stories instead.

Actually, the correct answer is MH4U.

I'd say World.

It was great for the time and recommending it then is fine, but recommending it now is a bit silly to me.

Iceborne>Unite>World>4G=3G>X=XX>Everything else>>>>>>>Tri

Every single game in the monster hunter franchise is 7.5/10 and you'll be ok picking any of them

Play world oar generations ultimate. Just don't start with freedom unite.