Holy fucking shit I've never seen a game try so hard to be Dark Souls since Lords Of The Fallen

Holy fucking shit I've never seen a game try so hard to be Dark Souls since Lords Of The Fallen

Attached: Darksiders-III.jpg (1000x1000, 148K)

Other than a bonfire like thing you spend your currency on. It's isn't really a Souls clone. Just plays like worse version of it's franchise.

Yes. Its shitty mix of dark souls and darksiders, and its not working

>shitty
It’s okay, it’s not great but it’s certainly not shitty

Go play darksiders 1, sure the characters are a bit stale but man the levels/setting...

Attached: War.png (1916x920, 2.59M)

>copies Dark Souls instead of sticking with its action game roots
>censors the artists redesigns for Fury
>make her completely unlikable
>throw it all together into one janky package
DS1 was the only good game, DS2 had decent parts but fucked it up hard after the Makers Realm, and DS3 isn't even DS anymore.

It's like they've taken the worst part of both games and not even tried to make sure they co operated

What's the deal with the redesign?
DS2 was at least playable

DS3 is no different to 2 than 2 was to the first

And i loved the way the characters talked for some reason lmao

>What's the deal with the redesign?
As I said They censored it which is silly as it's not exactly revealing or anything.

That's where you're wrong. DS2 took the groundwork of DS1, and made it faster and more combo focused with the developers saying they used DMC3 for inspiration. DS3 threw that all out to chase the Dark Souls meme.

Attached: 1548960841657.jpg (1600x713, 189K)

It doesn't even play all that much like Dark Souls. They just slowed the game down a bit. Its obvious they weren't gonna try to outdo DS2 because they simply didn't have the funds/manpower to do it. DS3 is a perfectly fine game, if not a bit boring story wise

I want Fury to dom me

>It doesn't even play all that much like Dark Souls
user it played so much like it, causing so many complaints, that they had to patch in an alternate combat mode to make it play a little more like the others.

>>copies Dark Souls instead of sticking with its action game roots
Darksiders has always been a copy of other games. 1 was Zelda: OoT and God of War. 2 was Prince of Persia and Diablo. Genesis is going to be Gauntlet.
>>censors the artists redesigns for Fury
Joe Mad himself redesigned Fury. The reason why she isn't in half naked anymore is the same reason why WoW stopped making bikini armor post-Cataclysm. He has a daughter now.
>>make her completely unlikable
Finish the game, dipshit. Unlike most SJW protagonists, Fury actually undergoes character development.
>>throw it all together into one janky package
Matter of opinion, really.

Literally everything about this game is screaming Dark Souls to me, I tried to play as I would DS2, no luck, started playing like Souls, I'm getting somewhere

The animations, the world design, the combat, you collect and spend souls to level up your skills man

>Darksiders has always been a copy of other games
That had a defined combat style that was thrown out.
>Joe Mad himself redesigned Fury
I know and if you actually read the thread you'd see I posted the concept art there. They changed his designs not your bullshit about a daughter.
>Fury actually undergoes character development.
So you're saying she starts off completley unlikable just like I said? dumb asshole.
>Matter of opinion
user I know you're desperate to defend this game for some reason but it's an AA title, they're inherently janky.

I don't know what the hate is about, I liked the game. It was fun

>the audio quality
>conversations sound like somebody is raking nails across a chalk board
It's the only bad thing about this game but it's so bad that it prevents me from playing it. Otherwise it would be on my once-a-year list

>Lords of the Fallen is bad

Attached: Why How When.gif (236x224, 1.03M)

>War
>gigantic hooded badass demon thing with a huge sword
>Death
>creepy death metal nigga with some kind of swamp ninja weapon
>Pink Haired Girl
>pink haired girl with a whip lol
weird that this one bombed so hard

>Pink

magenta, whatever i'm just looking at the thumbnail

The combat sucks because it's limited but it's better than dark souls because it's not super clunky and unresponsive.

is this game any good if i liked the first 2 or is the gameplay that wildly different?

It's similar enough in Classic mode but Fury doesn't have as much combo potential.

yeah you can't do crazy combo stuff. no real weapon cancelling or other cool tech.

damn no combos?? how does the combat work?

It's red and the game didn't bomb

Button mashing and too much dodging

>make her completely unlikable
You're implying any of the horsemen are likable, or that they even have personalities.

>being given away less than a year after release
>didn't bomb
sorry i need to spell it out for you sperg i'm being hyperbolic

her hair is not red in any screencap of the game i can find, as pedantic and pointless as that is

you won’t find it that much different from ds1
remember the first segment that had you go without anything but your sword until you meet Ulthane / Samael then the game opens up?
same thing happens here, you head to Haven meet Ulthane, get a bit further and the Lord of Hollows gives you the power of fire for doublejump/burning webs, game opens up

is there secondary weapons like war's sickle and all those different one's death got to choose from? i really had fun with claws in 2.

>Game had a small budget
>Sold enough to warrant a spinoff and a sequel
This wasn't a game that had to sell millions just to break even

>Darksiders 1
>Zelda clone

>Darksiders 2
>Zelda clone with added dungeon crawling elements

>Darksiders 3
>Dark souls clones
How is this series still alive when they can't make it consistent what type of game the series is.

You kinda equip different elements, in you can see the four, each one has a weapon, lightning a spear, fire is the Blades of Chaos, etc

yes but they don’t feel as effective as the main weapon. in this aspect it’s all really like DS1 worked too
you even get a boomerang/chakram thingy too

that sounds kinda neat, thanks.

You don't learn any new combos and there are no dungeon items. What sets Fury apart from War and Death is that she has four secondary weapons she can hotswap on the fly instead of just having one equipped at any given time. The Hollow weapons are also used for environmental puzzles and backtrack collecting.

Attached: Darksiders-3-Force-Hollow-Trailer.jpg (1600x900, 237K)

>character development.
It's quite generous to call it that, but yeah at least they tried.
I never really cared about the story or lore, but the design and the combat and that is pretty ok here. unfortunately it really feels they had no money to make a fully fleshed out game.
Like fucking horse riding is missing because they didn't want or have to spend time building huge levels for it.

>Fury actually undergoes character development.
You mean
>MUH HORSE
>MUH BALANCE
>MUH BROTHERS
Her "character development" doesn't exist. She hated her brothers, hated humans and wanted to be a leader of her brothers. Then suddenly LOL YOUR HORSE IS DED (because devs had no budget for horse coding, I guess, and nice retcon of Phantom Horses), and now she suddenly cares about everyone? Her "development" is thrown in five minutes before the final boss, aka during fight with Pride - before that she is purely "FUCK YOU, DEADLY SINS", which is why the speech about humankind was out of nowhere and felt forced.

I played the game and got Platinum trophy in three days - it is a bad clone of Souls game. It is closer to DS1 than to DS2 (just by having Enhancement system, fewer weapons and overall exploration pacing), but it suffers from being tied to Souls-like gimmicks for no reason.
Why the game make you lose souls when it doesn't really bring any punishment after dying without picking up the lost souls? They just stay there and you can pick them up HOURS later, if you want. Why not just remove the whole "lose souls" thing?
Same apply to limited materials for weapons and enhancements - there's no need for later ones when you surely gonna invest into early ones. Game doesn't have variety of builds and stats to actually make the limit on materials worthy - easiest shit is Arcane build + Flame Hollow + Arcane enhancement + Dodge enhancement. Dodge attacks, counter with triangle button - bam, everything dies. And by the time you might get a different stuff, you'll be out of materials to actually try out different builds (oh wait, there are mostly none) and be forced into NG+ to farm those materials.
Oh, and Havoc Form is utterly useless in this game (compared to Chaos and Reaper Forms) - you get into it, get hit twice, and you're already out. Worst offender is that it looks NOTHING similar to concept art (pic related).

Attached: Havoc_Form_Concept.jpg (1000x765, 72K)

>How is this series still alive
good combat mechanics, nice aesthetics

Wrong.
The entire stick of darksiders is each rider was to be a different type of game style.
Ds1= Zelda-esque Ds2= diablo-esque Ds3= Souls-esque
Darksiders 4 is going to be a shooter if im correct.

>Darksiders 4
before that (?) they will release a twin stick shooter with strife. Darksiders Genesis

However it seem it's not developed by Gunfire

Same here, played after all the patches and DLC with classic combat, had fun. Worse than 1 and 2, sure, but liked it nevertheless.

Seeing the troubled development and the state of THQ I expected a fucking disaster. My expectations were low so probably this is the reason I liked it too.

both not in 3

It was a low-budget game (nowhere near DS2's AAA investment), so it explains many issues regarding the early state of game post-release and many flaws of the game. But according to Nordic Games (aka THQ Nordic), it made profit, so DS4 will be a thing. Now whether or not it'll have a bigger budget (compared to DS3) is up to them.

played it yesterday.
died to envy because controls are wonky and well, idk its the tutorial right?
Start at beginning after i died, quit and uninstalled.
its 2019, wtf, just let me do this boss again, its the fucking tutorial right?
nope.

reading peopl3 compare it to darksouls i get now what put me off.

also whips are shit as main weapon, always have been and always will be.

I preferred DMC clones over Dark Souls clones tbqh.

At least Ninja Gaiden and God of War somewhat found their own niche.

>DS2's AAA investment
No Jesper Kyd music in D3

Attached: eggdog180.png (121x180, 37K)

yeah it's by joemads dev, the ones that did the first 2 games

Yeah, OST is mediocre orchestral thing again, just like in DS1 - not a single track is memoriable, unlike DS2. Neither did they brought back Death's VA, even for an episodic role.
The quality of game code also shows how raw and unfinished the game is - don't ever try to play DS3 on consoles, because the game will pause you for 5-15 seconds due to texture loading from time to time.
The game is clearly not AAA tier, but I guess it's better than not have Darksiders games at all, because at least it's playable (and hopefully they'll up the budget for eventual DS5's four co-op game).

play in classic mode
the game isn't bad per say but definitely not as good as the first 2

Attached: Untitled.jpg (528x394, 29K)

Enjoy your sales.