What was the last game that you genuinely enjoyed all the way through and didn't have to force yourself to keep playing...

What was the last game that you genuinely enjoyed all the way through and didn't have to force yourself to keep playing at any point?

Attached: 1568249807237s.jpg (250x246, 8K)

Attached: tumbleweed.jpg (400x390, 29K)

touhou 17

Control, always been a fan of Remedy's games though and ran through it in a few days

I'm enjoying playing through Planet Coaster right now, spent over 150 hours already and that's only in career mode. I still have 7 more parks to play through in that mode too.

Replaying Transistor like a month ago.

Attached: 1415760222975.png (377x326, 7K)

You can stop shilling now, nobody bought your shitty game

>a mobile game
why are you even here, faggot

pretending to be retarded still makes you look retarded

I didn't either. I rented it. Still a great game in my opinion.

i'll let you know

Undertale, playing it again for the first time since it's release

Also BotW, I'm on my 3rd playthrough and it's still fun

Supergiant makes phone games. All their games are designed with mobile functionality in mind. Also, they make complete garbage.

Pathologic 2

Attached: herbbride1.gif (268x310, 1.63M)

Oh, you weren't actually pretending.

You're joking but people from Remedy do actually post on here.

DmC 5/Sekiro

No, I'm serious and I've seen their "hello fellow children" tier shilling the past few weeks. It's super obvious.

Dead rising

Attached: 1567984576861.jpg (670x573, 69K)

Battle Brothers

Ni no Kuni 2. Quests, kingdom building, skirmishes, exploring the world. Game was like crack.

And let me add: the best part about this game is no women, no non-whites, and plenty of non-PC events.

Digimon Cyber Sleuth was the last game i genuinely finished and had fun with without forcing myself to play.
I havent been able to retain interest for more than a few hours in any games since. I think im just beginning to either hate video games or im depressed. Probably both.

Attached: cant make me.jpg (155x293, 24K)

Attached: asstralchain.jpg (616x353, 70K)

she cute. Oracle of seasons. I don't really play video games these days so when I do, I just play nostalgic stuff.

The Dungeon of Lulu Farea.

Gears 5 before that probably blazing chrome. I used to force myself through games I wasn't enjoying but now I drop them quick

I was referring to that one time Payne himself posted in an Alan Wake thread

Rain World a month ago. I'm obsessed with this game, expected a mediocre difficult platformer and ended up being one of the best games I've ever played.

>shit wait I was wrong and I can't act like I was pretending
>uuh uhhh umm, IT'S GARBAGE
madman

spyro reignited, although those arent really "new" games. the last new game i did this with was dragon quest XI

I cleared 3 games over this summer, one 3h long, one 10h long and one 120h long. Out of these, two fit this description, but the last I wanna mention simply because.

Gato Roboto might just be the game that gets me into this Metroidvania genre all of you keep banging on about, it's got snappy controls and a good short story that flows well. It took me 3 hours to finish and I enjoyed every minute of it, even the bits where I died to the boss again and again just to figure out how to beat its patterns.

Cat Quest is a game that isn't a technical wonder, but from a design perspective it manages to do a lot with the little that if sets forth within its first ten minutes. It flexes its writing and its gameplay loop very well. Every sidequest was a narrative and gameplay treat and I don't think I've seen an rpg that understands how to assign experience points better than this game. Any Zelda or Skyrim fan who enjoys minimalist design must try this out.

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 took me 120h to clear and I enjoyed at least 90-100 of those hours, which I think is quite an achievement considering the overall length of the game. Gameplay felt very carelessly designed, but the core loop of Blade Combo into Driver Combo plus the sexy anime waifus kept me invested through the unfun 10-20 hours.

Probably Glittermitten Grove.

And Necrosphere.

Depression means I have to force myself to do anything I enjoy, even if every time I do it I feel immense joy.

Undertale
Aside from that, nothing has really amazed me since Cave Story.

castlevania has exactly one good entry in that genre, they dont deserve to be part of the name since they are just straight up worse than every metroid game

Persona 3. I did nothing but play it for three weeks.

Attached: 1564172000749.jpg (331x270, 37K)

I feel you man, depression sucks. You wanna do what you can to keep your mood up so you can be a normal fucking human being but at the same time there's this weird fucking force you can't resist that says "just masturbated and over-drink man, everything else is not worth doing."

I hope you can overcome it bro. Don't be afraid to seek help from people you're comfortable with. It's okay to let it out.

You guys are morons and you'll never "overcome" your depression. Read into Ted Kaczynski and you'll understand why you're depressed.

Psychiatrists and pills are a scam.

You telling me you didn't have you force yourself to keep playing during the genocide Hotland grind?

WoW classic obviously

I didn't think it took that long, to be honest.
Although I did have some trouble with Sans.

The Witcher 3 and The Messenger. Finished the former last month, thoroughly enjoyed it. All those callbacks to previous entries were a treat. It's all about the little things.
I just beat The Messenger yesterday. People seem to be sucking Celeste off too much and forgetting this one. It's a shame really, its not a 10/10 game but so far as ninja gaiden clone and metroidvenia goes its solid. The story is straight forward in a good way.
I swear I finished another game between the two games I mentioned but I can't seem to remember.

Attached: 1565836683097.jpg (1080x1213, 493K)

Probably VTMB. I played it a long time ago when I was a kid and liked it, but was too brainlet to make any progress.
Picked it back up recently and was hooked instantly, I couldn't stop playing it and I was sad when I finished it. Great fucking game, and I was weirdly not too put off by the obvious rush job that was the final act.

Celeste cause I was an autistic super meat boy kid

Dilate tumblr tranny

kys faggot

Currently playing through Blasphemous and enjoying the shit out of it. I hadn’t played a game in Spanish since I was a kid, the writing is beautiful.

Playthrough of SMW when snes online dropped. Managed to do all the secrets my dumbass 7yr. old self couldn't do.

You can tell this underage faggot probably spams "IT'S PAYNE XD" in other threads and doesn't know any of Remedy's other games

>Payne himself posted
no fucking way??

the RE2 remake

most games I play. we're not all dead inside like you OP (yet)

They made MP 1 and 2 and then a succession of mediocre, overhyped garbage. They're a shit tier developer and their newest game bombed because of a tranny faced protagonist.

Sounds more like you have terrible taste, assuming you're playing anything recent.

>most games I play
Look everyone, an easily pleased low iq simpleton

Just finished playing through Torment: Tides of Numenera for the first time. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Checked out a few of the endings last night, likely to start a run through of the game again today to get the last three trophies I missed.

MGS2 and 3. I also played 4 and finished in 2 days so I guess that one counts as well, I really enjoyed the gameplay of MGS4 for the most part, but the story was so fucking inconsistent, some parts were KINO and others were the cringiest and most retarded shit I've ever seen. But yeah I really enjoyed playing these games for the first time. Now I´m playing PW and I will play GZ and V, too.

divinity sin original ii something
i never played the others but it was great and during chapter 2 i was already planning my next run. finished game, started next run, got my party and quit.
i want to play it now but my computer is in storage and i'm using a shitty laptop that can barely run terraria (still fun)

bloodborne and rdr2.
>most games I play
fuck off NPC, back to fifa

Attached: 1568186686345.gif (499x276, 463K)

Yeah, those damn kids and their 16+ year old games that are all the rage nowadays. Why, back in my day, we didn't play games unless they were at least a century old. Time-tested.

Sorry, kid, reddit's down the block.

everyone loves to talk shit about it, but i loved the surge. i didn't put it down til I beat it, and it took about 30 seconds after the credits before I started up another save file.

Why not MGS on the PS1?

So fuck off back to it then

>30 minutes later
>no u

Attached: 1563637795410.jpg (828x1474, 357K)

Keep chugging those pills and paying that jew $200 an hour to listen to your whining, it won't help you

Xenoblade Chronicles

Attached: 74899399_p0.png (1920x1080, 1.2M)

unironically this

Attached: ECGKbkZUYAEuhJW.jpg (460x215, 30K)

FE3H

You realize grasping for straws just makes you look fucking pathetic, right? It's like you're trying to vandalize my car by getting a bunch of ugly tattoos and standing next to it. No one wants to see that. Get some self-respect.

Dragon age origins

Pinball space cadet.

Attached: 3D-Pinball-Space-Cadet.jpg (976x720, 103K)

sundered

proof, friend?

Read Kaczynski

Reading a madman's screed only makes you dumber

I have, you proselytizing retard. Everyone fucking has. That's what happens when you go to preach to the fucking place you got your hand-me down beliefs from in the first place. Fucking americans. You posturing bitch. Piss off.

Xenoblade 2
if replay count FF7

Played: Sonic Mania Plus
Replayed: Pokemon Emerald

Katana Zero

Divinity OS 2

pathfinder kangmaker

>I have
Oh really? So you can explain then why he would say you have depression. Go ahead.
>Fucking americans
Try again

And calm down a bit, why so mad?

>madman
Stay ignorant then and suffer

Judgment.

BloodRayne 1

Super Metroid.

Not everyone's choice, but I've played it so many times that I know where to go after getting each upgrade so there's barely any "where the fuck do I go" for me. On a first or second playthrough I'm sure this game is a chore in places.

Attached: 98acf1ae-8c6d-4d3e-ab0e-fc692d7effd5.gif (457x640, 84K)

This one

Attached: Shadow-Tactics-1--pc-games.jpg (1100x618, 464K)

go back
nobody wants you here
nobody wants some cumguzzling retard preaching to the choir pretending his little circlejerk is saving the world
piss off

Iceborne. If you hate games get off my board.

Oh so you didn't read him and you lied to not look like a retard.

Cool.

You even type like a fag. You defensive, passive-aggressive little bitch.

Not him but why would I read some nobody?

Because he saw a le ebin screencap on r/Yea Forums of the excerpts where he says leftists are a bunch of preachy faggots, and being a preachy faggot he felt like he fit right in

Xenoblade 2
Before that Dark Souls

>Passive aggressive
No, see that's you. You know nothing, empty headed, egotistical fucking retard. Shut the fuck up and stop embarrassing yourself.

>Only famous people are worth reading about
>The longest active domestic terrorist in US history is a nobody
Please headbutt a knife

Just read kaczynski, redditor

So no real reason then. You read the memoirs of some crazy loser and identified with them. Sad for you I guess. I tend to identify more with success stories and winners.
Gotcha.

>no u
Grow up, you brown-nosed cunt.

Dragon Age: Origins last year.

Recently I finished DQ 1 on GBC and Bayo 2 on Switch. Both great games

Doom: Golden Souls

>So no real reason then
He's the most important writer of the past 2000 years.

Read Kaczynski

Jesus christ I hate teengers.

You shouldn't hate yourself, it's unhealthy.

Just read Kaczynski, it's not that long. You'll feel better after you do it.

He says, after completing philosophy 101 in college and finally understanding the way the human mind operates

BOTW
lay it on my haters, it was an enjoyable journey from start to finish and the only complaint i see people have is that theres wasnt MORE
>wahhh better gfx
>waah more stuff and mosnters!
idk if i would have finished it if it had even more stuff desu, i think a better question for a thread is when does a game get "too long" or "too big" and also was that what she said and why did she say that?

Attached: 1487991362412.jpg (640x932, 91K)

Atelier Rorona, I picked it up a few months ago on the switch and enjoyed it a lot more than i ever expected to.

>college
Books are free retard, why would you pay thousands of dollars to read philosophy in college?

Do you need a big strong role model to spoonfeed you? Does the wittle baby need a professor to hold his hand through the scary thoughts?

I'm not wasting my time reading the memoirs of a mentally ill murderer. I'd learn more reading fiction honestly.

It's going to be funny how in 2 years you'll have a completely different view on everything and maintain that this time for sure you're right

>memoirs of a mentally ill murderer
So much ignorance in one sentence.

Your loss then, enjoy your depression. I'm sure those pills will kick in any day now...

I miss conviction.

If you can't read you should've just mentioned that upfront

I'm not depressed or on meds. That's why I identify with winners not mentally ill losers.

Hob. I think only like 4 other people played it. I thought it was fantastic, it reminded me heavily of an old game for Dreamcast called Elemental Gimmick Gear, that coincidentally was also only played by about 5 people

Spider-Man on PS4.

I drop the game when it gets dull. The question is which was the last game I completed that has a story with a clear start and end and the answer to that is that I don't know

>Reading up on some literal who that could barely follow up on some threats he made

I know you probably idolise this impotent little academic seeing how you keep autistically referring to him without trying to explain him to us, but you really aren't driving a particularly strong point across to us, little summerfag. If anything it's a tale teaching everyone to seek help, because your pathetic delusions of "changing society" aren't going to come to fruition if you have that classic superiority complex that tells you it's a great idea to mail shitty bombs to everyone and insist you aren't crazy. I'm in a STEM college, we get nutcases like these every year and it's always the same: they're too fucking proud to admit they don't need help and end up losing the one thing thay was most important to them: their one sad little academic position in a field that doesn't matter.

I honestly can't remember.

Attached: 1558616940028.png (1280x913, 956K)

a relatively new title

Attached: deaths-gambit-1.jpg (740x416, 56K)

samefag here
last played old title with the same enjoyment

Attached: NTSC_Resident_Evil_2_Cover.png (220x210, 72K)

oneshot, gutted when it ended

>it's impossible for people to like a game without it being shilling

DMC5 and before that the PC port of Sunset Overdrive.

Persona 5
Slay the spire
Call of duty BO3.

Ah shit. I gotta give it to ya, this is true for me too. On PC I don't buy games to finish them, rather to enjoy in an open ended way dipping in and out when I feel in the mood (Total War, Eurotruck, Hunter CotW) but on the Switch the last 3 games I played through were Botw, Bayonetta and XenoC2. Botw was the only one that didn't have annoying bosses/sections I got stuck on for a while.
That's not to say I don't like a challenge. Botw felt a little too easy? And like a fucking idiot I'm also playing through Dark Souls 1 on PC completely blind just so maybe one day after 100s of hours I can say I got through it alone on ultra hardcore mode. Zero assistance from anyone or the interent. It is not going well.

No game needs to be 15+ hours.

Hey, stop wasting his time. He's got a world to save, one preachy off-topic shitpost at a time.

>And like a fucking idiot I'm also playing through Dark Souls 1
Nice, dude. Don't give in too easy, the others don't have halfway as rewarding exploration.

Nobody would like a game with a tranny faced woman as the protagonist

Persona 5

Rage 2. Bout to start hard+ next. I usually hate open far cry 4 style games too but this one was varied enough and the gameplay was great up until bosses. They became too easy once I found the missile launcher. I think hard+ might fix this though.

>Persona 5
Are you two 13 years old or something?

P5 is a terrible slog of a game.

Remnant From The Ashes.
Then I got to the final boss.

That's like, your opinion man, and I respect it.
But I liked the game a lot and nothing you say will change my mind.

Not that fag, and I liked P5 too, but I have no idea how you didn't find okumara's dungeon a total snorefest. Even the boat was better.

You need to play botw on master mode, It’s 100% designed around that difficulty lvl and the game comes alive.

I personally like how it looked the only parts I hated were the colored space jumps.
Followed closely by Sido's shitty hallways.
I just tried to reach the end asap because I hate how every one kept pestering me if I took my sweet time.
Spent the rest of the time messing in Mementos or with various tasks.
Is to for a second, playthrough. But I'll leave that for Royal

>Is to
I'd go*

Astral Chain. Jumped straight back into it to do it again on a higher difficulty and to search for secrets

Ever Oasis, combat is what got me hooked and i didnt wanna stop playing.

Barkley, Shut Up and Jam: Gaiden
Its flow is immaculate.

absolute
retard

Concrete Jungle, bought it this year after being disappointed with Islands.

Great puzzle game, very addictive, great if you like chasing score. Highly recommended.

Dragon quest XI. At least until i got to the third part of the game

Wait, people actually force themselves to play games if they don't enjoy them? Why? They're supposed to be fun, not work.

Attached: 1557452235661.jpg (540x720, 73K)

DMC5 / Sekiro recently. Bloodborne in the 5 years.

Yeah, what they talking about, every game has perfectly uniform enjoyment with no high or low points to dread or look forward to like are they crazy and also how come I'm such a passive aggressive bitch like am I a gay or what.

ME1 and ME2, both were really fun in their own ways.
I marathoned all three ME games, but midway through 3 I just got tired, and to be honest the game wasn't that bad by that point yet, but it still was pretty mediocre overall when compared to the two previous games.

Attached: 95220.jpg (499x654, 61K)

FE3H

Starsector. If anything I have to force myself to stop playing. There's just something very satisfying about seeling drugs at exorbitant rates to space jihadis

Attached: 1563626142060.png (408x818, 152K)

Ion Fury

>this is what /pol/ actually believes

Bloodstained

>Magic pills and talking to a jew will cure depression

This

Attached: 583795389733.jpg (1440x1440, 510K)

rocket slime

Mario tennis.
Before that one, Bloodborne.

rdr2, played it literally everyday 10 hours a day, but now I am in that “all games bore me in 10 minutes” phase.

No, what you need is purpose. To do away with all the perverse surrogate activities and do something truly meaningful. To do what you, nay, mankind was crafted for. For this moment. What you need... is to roleplay a revolutionary on Yea Forums. On the video game board.

>No, what you need is purpose.
No such thing exists, it's a figment of your imagination and people who aren't good at lying to themselves don't find it useful.

>le epic ironic reply
Typical r*ddit behaviour, no wonder you'll never amount to anythng and remain depressed

Pikmin.

ah, yes, 'tis merely a le spook

Attached: 1539664734367.png (558x689, 213K)

I played FORTS and it was some regular fun

FE3H, the first and second routes anyway. Was a solid 105 or so hours.
If not doing all routes doesn't count, Bloodstained. You best believe I was farming all my favorite shards to fucking level 10 rank 10 and dicking absolutely everything with that stacked optimizer that I'm not sure why they allowed. Had a grand old time becoming broken as shit.

probably spider man, i thought it was pretty good

this

Attached: 20190807_072922.jpg (1440x1440, 509K)

I hope you get the help you need.

Attached: 1539954436065.png (1093x787, 238K)

Lmao, put your trip back on, Rugga

>Mad white boy

Devil May Cry 5

Dead Space 1

Nioh
I had to force myself not playing it

Dark Souls.

Attached: 1567425433004.jpg (781x1000, 129K)

Astral Chain