No game is perfect. Every game could have some flaw or annoyance most reasonable people would agree with

No game is perfect. Every game could have some flaw or annoyance most reasonable people would agree with
But what games do you consider 9.99/10? The closest you've ever played in your life to perfection.

Attached: 1535941253015.jpg (3000x2064, 1.06M)

Attached: Donkey Kong Country 2_ Diddy's Kong Quest (1).jpg (600x826, 294K)

You posted it.

This

I miss this style of 2D platformers. Now a day it's all spikeathons/reflex test super meat boy style or actiony.
Thank the Lord for Retro and their Returns/Tropical Freeze. Those are wonderful.

Attached: 1567724682497m.jpg (1024x1000, 100K)

Yes, agree. I hope they have one more in them before moving on to Metroid.

>actually posting a platformer from the same console as SMW where it's obvious to anyone who has played both that SMW has near-perfect, tight, correct mechanics while DKC series has loose, imprecise, poorly implemented gameplay and is all about style-over-substance MAH GRAFIX bullshit
DKC was one of the original style-over-substance bullshit games that bamboozled fucking idiot pseudo-gamers into thinking garbage gaming was good.

Attached: 1534043550639.gif (480x238, 415K)

I think this is one of the few games that did everything right.

It told a very compelling story, used the DS' dual screens in a way very few other games ever did (story wise at least) and had some fun puzzle rooms.

Attached: 71Ym8iz1UGL._AC_SL1500_.jpg (1490x1382, 185K)

SMW is meh at best
So is DKC but whatever

Attached: Chrono-Trigger-Cover-Art.png (2048x1437, 1.16M)

Mega Man X but it does have one flaw: the boots thrown in penguins stage when they should have been unlocked in the opening stage.

It always bothers me that she's casting a fire spell here when she's not the fire magic user

Portal

>whatever
That's the kind of effort you put into your post so that's the kind of response you get. Whatever nigga.

Pic related, Xenoblade, Sanic Mania, etc.

Bayonetta is so close to nirvana. Just get rid of the qte insta deaths, let me use lollipops without penalty, and hire a writer who will make sense of Kamiya's attempt at writing what I think was supposed to be a story.

Attached: 1l01UHb.gif (500x600, 119K)

Pic related and Persona 3 are the two long ass games I've replayed the most and will likely replay again in the future.

Attached: 1565470939704.png (423x500, 437K)

FTL for me—nothing quite compares

Attached: 92FCA0DE-1822-464C-9948-E72EFBBEE209.jpg (1280x720, 416K)

>bad writing
>no weight system, making silver weapons OP
>only one clear condition
other than that, it's pretty good.

Attached: DHtnqTX.jpg (1008x906, 212K)

The pacing is unlike anything else. How it balances navigation, shooting and puzzles is masterful, and the story is basic enough as to not get lost up its own ass and keep it about the characters. It's not my personal favorite game ever or anything, but as a single-player action-adventure video game it is extremely well-crafted.

Attached: uncharted_2.jpg (1000x1151, 1.43M)

ocarina

Persona 3s big flaw is you have to rely on ai for the other party members.

Fes is that + the answer not being ironed out enough

Portable made it a visual novel & took out animated cutscenes

One more remake and it'll be pretty good but for now it's not a 9/10

I like the Ai controlled gameplay gameplay though and even enjoyed playing through the Answer a few times.
The only real flaw I can think of off the top of my head that really bothers me is the pacing being a bit weird

I got used to it, but it does say something when every persona before & after let you control your party.

I also liked Minato using any weapon and being able to use fusion persona attacks whenever for whatever.