Death Stranding dissention

Let me just say this: the release date might roll around, this game might drop, people will play it and maybe the consensus will be, the game is obfuscated trash. Immaculate, well designed trash courtesy of Kojima himself. Maybe that will be the case, but honestly the truly fucked up people are the ones who are disparaging this game without ever having even seen what the real brunt of gameplay is or giving the game any kind of chance.

You guys go out and buy the same kinds of fucking games over, and over, and over again. You guys fall for the same bullshit from these megacorporations milking your wallets dry, and you bite the bullet every time. You guys complain that video games have become stagnant, and THEN when a man comes along and has a bold vision to create a game unlike any ever made before, literally attempting to create a new genre of video games, you SAME people who buy the same fucking shitty jrpgs, fpses, sports games and third person action games with rehashed gameplay, mechanics and designs you've played through a million times already, and then complain the industry is stagnant. I mean fuck, maybe Death Stranding will be absolute shit but at the very least you have to commend Kojima and his team for trying to create something new and different. And it's that same newness and strangeness that repels you guys, so ironic.

Attached: death stranding 2.jpg (1449x2048, 519K)

same

tldr faggot

I'd honestly get it if it wasn't PS exclusive. I'm not buying a console for one game.

Send Mr Hiyakawa my regards.

you guys say this about literally every ps4 exclusive

persona 5, bloodborne, god of war, final fantasy vii remake, spider-man, horizon, the last of us, shadow of the colossus, last guardian, ghosts of tsushima

like how many generation defining games does sony actually need to release within a single console cycle until you guys give in and join the other 100 million people who bought a playstation 4? anyone who didn't own a ps4 and a switch this generation completely missed the eighth generation of gaming.

Attached: death stranding gold skull.jpg (775x1200, 204K)

none of those games look remotely good though

That cover art is Phantom Menace tier of grottesque

Attached: 1565237510637.png (829x962, 1.18M)

>goes back to his favorite visual novel

>compare sony movies to nintendo games
Why snoy fags di this every single time?
Somy exclusive games are grinding, cineatic, linear, trash

any one of those games is better than whatever game you're playing now and likely better than your favourite game ever. the only loser here is yourself for refusing to give any of them a try. there's a reason all of them (barring the ones that haven't dropped yet) have received universal acclaim and millions of sales. there's a reason god of war won game of the year, or how spider-man beat arkham knight on every platform as a ps4 exclusive in terms of mass sales to become the best selling superhero game of all time. or why persona 5 is basically the most successful jrpg of this gen.

like i really don't see the point. Yea Forums has this thing where they all want to be part of this massive hivemind that to outsiders just looks like this episode of south park. there's no arguing or reasoning with you guys, you all decided sony is the enemy and even if sony singlehandedly saves the entire gaming industry itself, you'll all still hate them because you're all as gay as this gif.

you haven't played any of these fucking games. i've played every switch game. i have 40 games on the switch, basically every first party title being a part of that. i've played every switch game, and the ones that get acclaim are all great. This isn't about nintendo vs sony which you faggots always default to. You guys are honestly like clonetroopers or some shit defaulting to thinking this is always about the war on sony. if you guys would get off of your gay orgy and actually play video games for a minute, you'd see that all of these games have innovative or at the very least, excellently executed gameplay and world design. but it's ok you guys can just continue

Attached: meanwhile on v.gif (320x240, 449K)

death stranding gameplay and mechanic wise will be great like every Kojima game. I just worry the story will be an absolute clusterfuck and seem even more ridiculous coming from actual actors.

True post, yeah the game will probably be pretentious and full of itself but it's a step in a different direction and that i'm willing to give it a try

Different people say that about different games on the system. For me it's been Gravity Rush and Spiderman, but they weren't really enough to sell me on the system outright. I think Death Stranding looks terrible but that's just me.

OP you're telling truth to defiantly deaf ears. Yea Forums has been tuned to hate so much that the majority of users here don't know of any other way to react to things; they're afraid of getting excited and then getting their hopes crushed, or to be passionate about something only to be mocked for showing positive emotion.

Attached: Nhk.png (627x981, 395K)

The fact it's coming from real actors will make it even funnier. Imagine Mads saying some bullshit like "La Le Lu Li Lo". It's gonna be glorious.

The fact that Kojima feel for the empty open world meme is what will kill the game. The most boring parts of MGSV was traveling between missions and now he's made a game just consisting of that.

Attached: 1556134423587.jpg (640x720, 152K)

there's no challenge getting from point a to b in an open world game like mgsv or ubisoft it just pads out time, but the open world itself being the challenge to traverse. Slipping on moss, avoiding supernatural stuff, rocks and terrain crumbling, falling into strong water currents all while protecting cargo. Now that sounds really unique to me and the way to do an open world right.

I honestly can't tell if you're being serious or not.

true

I know right a well thought out explanation is basically satire these days on this site

This game will be the biggest pleb filter yet. It automatically filters out those afflicted with add and other mental illness and simultaneously nintendies.

gameplay is weak, nobody's gonna play that game for 12 hours

I don't know, it looks pretty involved but not in a frenetic action-y way, I'm actually more interested by all the terrain traversal, cross player systems over the combat and baby shit. I'm a sucker for immersive survival mechanics in games.

let's see then, count to 12 hours when you got that game. the rule? no breaks.

god speed

Attached: ds.png (1280x720, 1.15M)

I've played much slower paced games for way longer than that.

HAHAHA

The online stuff about placing or building permanent shit looks cool, but only if the map is FUCKHUEG like the America picture they have been showing. In the first week its going to feel like a desolate wasteland no human has touched, but in a year it could be a fiesta.

I think starting in a city, that has markers around in its borders, exploring a huge world that was even cut up and skipped ahead, and going over a mountain to see a huge ass port that also had markers in it makes me hopeful that this game has interesting things to show.

sounds more like bias and cope to me. I hope you really do enjoy it though.

You are right but why are you talking like Kojima ever made a game with bad gameplay?

All his game before had great gameplay maybe not the right amount of it for some people but the mechanics of his games are always great

Also all his games have over 90 metacritic

Im not saying this game wiil save video games but he chances this game is bad are actually very low

Bloodborne is the only one of those titles that actually sticks. All the other ones get mentioned in passing during their hype periods then no one asks for them anymore, and they only get those passing comments because literally every exclusive on every platform no matter how niche or garbage it is gets them due to post volume.

That being said, EVERYONE does want Bloodborne.

Bloodborne was boring af

On the one hand, Yea Forums is full of contrarians who hate things the more people like them. On the other hand, this whole "you're not even giving the game a chance" corporate cocksucking is fucking pathetic. Play what you like, disagree with people who dislike and argue about it, but don't fucking feel sorry for a game company or demand that people put their money into something that doesn't interest them.

It seem the shills are invading

Literally No Man's Sky premise

I sure ain't smart enough to make a post like this.

Attached: 1386516125654.png (940x257, 44K)

>Monster advertising walking simulator
Oh sorry, I meant pissing simulator
So totally worth wasting money on a console that's going to become outdated in a year whenthe next-gen console rolls around

user, i own a PS4 and think it's the far better choice between the non-Nintendo consoles, but let's be honest. most of those games are completely unremarkable and far from generation defining, or remakes/also available on PS3.
>Bloodborne
>Persona 5
>Shadow of the Colossus
the only truly great, "generation defining" games there, and one's a remake while another is on the PS3. Sony's quality exclusives are nearly as non-existent as Microsoft's.

stop sucking Sony cock you fucking retard, the only good games from there is Bloodborne and maybe God of war.
i don't give a fuck about what you like, but if you like trash, don't put him in my face and stop making 30 + threads about that, stick to one thread. I could bring a lot of arguments why death stranding look like shit in term of gameplay and look boring as fuck.

Attached: 1475589067150.png (977x540, 1.01M)

Except NMS didn't have any of that at launch, they dodged the questions. It took until this year to do it, and its only for your friends.

Its more like building upon the neat Souls online systems by having physical interactions. Like if someone could open a shortcut for you in Souls without it breaking the game entirely.

all games should be multiplatform if they dont use some other periferals

that's not the cover art, retard

I've never really liked this post. It disregards the actual history of the site in making its claim, when the fact is that regardless of the reality of what it was, a history did at the very least exist.
You never see it anymore either but "lurk moar" WAS the word for a long time and that mentality is basically opposite to the idea that every user projects themselves onto the board. I'd say there was definitely a time when user by default molded himself to Yea Forums.

Nowadays though it's less that people discover Yea Forums and stay here when it suits them, and more that they end up rolling in here when they're too garbage to live with an identity.

i can't say i'd agree with that. the big three need exclusives as incentive to buy their console. the problem is, as of this gen, Sony and especially Microsoft are sorely lacking there.

I'm a simple man, if the game is fun to play I'll enjoy it, if it's boring dog shit I won't. If a game isn't fun to play then what's the point?

Attached: 1567648233940.png (250x250, 32K)

what about PC?

trophies

can't say there's been anything noteworthy there either, unless you're into indies. and not just "indies", but itch.io shit.

Damage control strike before the game is out?

Amazing SONY!

Attached: GreatWholeCobra-small[1].gif (434x250, 588K)

The monster water lion boss looked fun as fuck, looks like he had to keep above the rising water and move between high points. The ghosts are going to pull you into a boss fight like this any time you get caught, you always risk it when going into the rain.

Also I think he was using grenades made with his own blood on the lion, and his bed replenished it later with a transfusion while he was asleep.

PC doesn't need exclusives while it still has free online, modding, mouse aiming, and emulation on it's side. PC has fantastic exclusives that can be run on just about anything

i'd agree with all of that. it's just that recent exclusives have been lackluster. doesn't matter though, given the myriad of past exclusives i still haven't played and emulation.