Yakuza Like a Dragon is official title

Attached: EEPW94jUcAU2Xnv.png (678x381, 186K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2rabEooWDC4
youtube.com/watch?v=qAMkHA2u8LI
youtube.com/watch?v=4x6FUgFl-KQ
twitter.com/HDKirin/status/1172004909530533888
youtube.com/watch?v=9djCUMELyYg
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flipping
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

They wanna follow Resident evil : Biohazard
Also
>you'll never ever see Castlevania:Demon Castle

Like a Dragon Quest

Judgment 2: Judge Eyes

>LIKE A DRAGON
>TOUCHED FOR THE VERY FIRST TIME

nice to see that they're finally able to incorporate the like a dragon name into the game.
i assume this series will retain this and just add numbers on to the end.

RAIKU A DORAGON TATCHUDO FORU ZA WERI FASUTO TAIMO

youtube.com/watch?v=2rabEooWDC4
youtube.com/watch?v=qAMkHA2u8LI
new trailers are up

WTF BROS IT LOOKS LIKE FUN YOU TOLD ME TURN BASED WOULD RUIN IT FUCK THEY'RE GONNA TAKE ME MONEY AGAIN

Attached: 8e8.png (509x619, 17K)

>class changing
neat

Attached: 15235346453421.png (1920x1080, 2.02M)

Since the original gameplay was so shitty they decided to change to turn based combat. BRAVO SEGA. Now you translate it in my country language and I will play it

This will be the craziest game they've ever made

Attached: PS4専用ソフト『龍が如く7 光と闇の行方』ゲームトレイラー 3-38 screenshot.p (1920x1080, 2.08M)

Attached: A341F1F3-7F19-428E-AF94-61A8B724FDFE.jpg (888x499, 79K)

i assume that first one is a hand to hand style?
surprised they didn't show it off

Oh so they added yakuza to the Japanese name too
cool

Is it still Yakuza 7 in japan or did they listen and change it?

Nope, that's the western title

>The manbabies are back
for what purpose
still called 7 in japan.

Attached: 15425245234121.png (1920x1080, 3.1M)

still called ryu ga gotoku 7 in japan
they're showing that other title off since they announced the west would get it as well.

Still Yakuza 7. They were just talking about the Western date during the OP slide.

Game looks good

>Now you translate it in my country language
Afrikans is shit

youtube.com/watch?v=4x6FUgFl-KQ
western trailer is up

Judgement 2: Like an Eyes

>for what purpose
you can now take part

>chinese mafia leader is a women

Attached: ichi and his pet.png (684x432, 616K)

Yakuza Like A Freaking Sir

>purpose
Kiryu reference

they are literally avoiding to show the turn based combat

they showed a few battles in the actual tgs stream

the first link shows turn based combat even shows the party's health bars

but not in the trailers, they are just showing the cool moves that will go old after 3 battles

>they are just showing the cool moves that will go old after 3 battles
just like heat actions

well we'll have to wait and see when the game comes out user

it clearly says in your picture that the name is only for north america and europe so its still rgg7 where it matters

Just fuck off for good then. Only 0 babies play Yakuza for anything but the minigames.

KARAOKE IS BACK

Aww hell yeah

>MUH SACRED JAPANESE GAMES
Lose weight.

No shit. We've know that for weeks now.

Is Kamurocho in it

I hope that kart racing minigame has multiplayer.

>rushing down 10 floor buildings will be boring as fuck now since its slowed down by turnbase shit
I don't need another rpg to play

The worst part about this is the party members, they look like shit

Mega Man 12: Rockman

what about the minigames lads?

My guess is they're trying to pass it off as a spinoff to "justify" the turn based combat to western "fans".

but it's not a spinoff

Attached: y7m.jpg (1898x1036, 288K)

That doesn't mean they won't try and sell it as one in the west.

its not a spinoff
japanese reaction to the new trailers is actually quite warm and i'm warming up to it too

Why do we have to play as that faggot Eric Andre?

What does リアルタイムRPGバトル mean?

Most of those are old

Real time RPG battle, EOP-kun

it was a rhetorical question

>job change at Hello Work, the Nipland employment centre
Maximum kek.

Holy shit that look fun as fuck, gonna buy it and get into Yakuza series

>same boring ass outrun, fantasy zone, ect
Why wont they bring anything new? Motoraid and of the dead in Judgment was great.

Battles look like they take forever, holy shit. Ichiban's story and personality looks pretty fun, but I'm not really sold on the battle system.

That battle system looks like ass. Going from evolving from each game to making gimmicks in Kiwami to stripped down version in 6/Kiwami 2 to this abomination.

Fuck you haters, gameplay looks fun and unique. Bunch of new mini-games.

twitter.com/HDKirin/status/1172004909530533888
sure

HEAT ACTION GOOD
TURN-BASED BAD

so they attack automatically?

I hope we get some new arcade games. Judgment brought in Fighting Vipers. How about Last Bronx?

Is it getting a switch release?
If not its shit.

They clearly want to get rid of the Yakuza name in the west, it is causing them trouble because it directly implies the games will always mainly focus on the Japanese mob; which isn't really the case a lot of the time.

If the series is just called Like A Dragon there's less misconception.

Xenoblade Chronicles: Xenoblade

>yfw pizza ball special attack

They aren't trying to phase out the name. They're just getting around having to make this a numbered game when it's clearly a spin-off.

Yakuza: Like a Persona
I will never not be angry at the fact they went turn based on combat. What in the literal ass.

hope I can cut his nappy ass hair to give him what he has in the prologue

At least they said if it sucks they'll go back. It's not like yakuza is a perfect game series with no shitty ones in it so far.

There had to be compensation for Sakura Wars going real time.

I'm actually really looking forward to a Judgement sequel if it ever happens. I had a lot of fun with it and it was really comfy, more than 5 or 6 that's for sure

My main concern is how time-consuming it'll be. Random battles in previous games at least ended in seconds. Running around the same streets and getting into the same battles that'll last minutes at least sounds tedious

this is my biggest concern as well. from the gameplay shown it looks fun, but the encounter rate looks to be the same as the old games, which would be horrendous with the new combat.

Biohazard: Like a Resident

4channel: Like a Reddit

I hope they cut down the encounter rate at least.
Also i would love to see the "not presentation" kind of gameplay where they don't do shit for 5 seconds between each action.

TALK TO CORPORATE
APPROVE MEMOS

SHIT ON DEBRAS DESK

Yojimbo style looks fucking sweet.

>Like A Dark Souls

Hope they give us an option to cut animations shorter or speed them up.

Either that or only certain areas have respawning enemies like the original

>turn-based
>HURR IT'S PERSONA
What did he mean by this?

Truly, the series is doomed without its old GOD TIER combat.

Attached: the yakuza experience.webm (800x450, 2.92M)

>>you'll never ever see Castlevania:Demon Castle
Because we'll never see a new Castlevania at all

Whoops. Wrong thread.

Underrated

>OutRun AGAIN
You have other games, Sega.

The series is doomed if I can't explore a city without entering a 3 minute long fight every 30 seconds of exploration. Certainly looks like that's the case.
youtube.com/watch?v=9djCUMELyYg

>NPCs accompany you in the city
Yep that's a deal breaker for me. Looking forward to exploring that like a normal person in Judgment 2.

Attached: Clipboard01.jpg (1107x891, 120K)

If they're smart they lowered the encounter rate and boosted the XP given. Unless they purposefully want us to grind encounters to get through the game but that would be stupid since grinding was never necessary in older Yakuza games.

>If they're smart they lowered the encounter rate
Look at this
Literally an enemy on every street. Can't wait to "explore"

maybe they'll let you throw money like in 0
my concern is the depth/difficulty, seems like they're mostly just using basic attacks in the demo

Real fans are furious. Yakuza was always known for its god tier combat system and now they're gutting it completely.

Attached: 1559419148048.webm (1280x720, 2.8M)

That's just wrong. You could pass the games with little grinding, but if you wanted to be a completionist you'd have to grind mobs for cash to buy stuff

>real fans

Yes I was mostly referring to finishing the main story+sidequests.

yakuza devs can't even get a glorified PS2 assetflip to run on a PS4 pro without slowdown. you think they have any idea how to get this shit running on a switch?

Some of those side quests required grinding too. Not as combat, but simply persistence, like fishing quests in 0

>PS2 assetflip
Name 1 asset flipped from PS2

The god tier combat

>the autismo is finally here

Anyway, it looks like there's an option to run from fights at least, hopefully that won't carry any negatives and be quick and easy to do.

THREE
WATCHES

do yakuza devs assetflip?
does judgment run on PS4 pro without slowdown?
do you have confidence in them porting the yakuza games to the switch?

Unrelated, but can we agree that FFXV is trash?

Yes.

>do yakuza devs assetflip?
Yes, a lot
>does judgment run on PS4 pro without slowdown?
No, unfortunately
>do you have confidence in them porting the yakuza games to the switch?
Again, no, unfortunately

Sure. Never seen anyone claim otherwise. Combat in FFXV sucks. Flashy brainless garbage. They should have made it like Yakuza, which is for older thinking men and not retarded zoomers.

>mc with father figure
>father figure ends up betraying mc
>insert some over the top plot twist again
>father figure is still the good guy
Are we getting a typical RGG plot again?
Good to see sega dropping the combat but retaining all the fun mini games.

good, so we agree

Yeah, I was just being a defensive faggot

Fuck, "He" is here

Attached: 1548304472072.png (128x126, 29K)

Yep, for instance the FourShine Club in Kiwami 2 has the same interior as the SunShine Club from 0. A series vet could give you more examples, though

Pretty much the only new assets in yakuza sequels are the celebrity faces

Why are you bringing that up?

fuck you they're good goddamn games
but yes, they should bring in some new shit

>but yes, they should bring in some new shit
you are the cancer ruining yakuza

Looks absolutely incredible tbqh, I'm hyped.

motherfucker, all i'm asking is for some new arcade shit. they have other games to pull from, you dumb cunt.

>he admits his mistake
that is really noble and cute of you, user

it's too bad the word cringe has lost all meaning, because this post is it for sure

No, they reuse assets. A lot. Reusing assets isn't flipping assets. GT6 was still using cars from the PS1 games, it wasn't an asset flip and those assets weren't "flipped," they were reused.

For Yakuza devs to actually "assetflip" by the normal definition, they would have to be selling their assets, which doesn't work in the context of game development since they would just be making a copy of them.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flipping
So in this case, an asset flip would be a game made out of primarily pre-existing or bought assets. Yakuza games reuse a lot of pre-existing assets, but every game also introduces a lot of new ones, making it not an asset flip.
Something like an RPG Maker game that's built entirely out of the default included assets then sold on Steam would be a flip, or a UE game made entirely out of things bought from the UE marketplace.

Chotto are yoku nai?

Attached: P5D_Ann_Takamaki.png (350x480, 138K)

Wish it was judgment that got this experimental rpg shit. That game is a hodgepodge of ideas anyways.

actually Yea Forums and the world at large would be a much better place if people could just admit when they were wrong or being a faggot but for some reason in the last few years this has become something literally nobody is willing to do anymore, everyone is a stubborn asshole and would rather stand by their convictions even when they know they're wrong than concede

>run from fights at least
I bet the enemy would still be on the map and would still not let you explore. So doesn't really solve the problem at all.

Almost every game either adds a new city or adds an old city in a new gen version.

Real fans know that Yakuzas combat has always been fucking shit and the only remotely positive thing about it is the spectacle. 7 looks like trash in every way but at least Judgment has the possibility to be decent.

>no bowling
Golf in Kiwami 2 sucked ass.

I wonder if they're gonna add in dlc characters like they did with clan creator (Saejima, Akiyama etc...)

Would probably get them ngl

Attached: 993d1118920d84b04b3a3754effc1b5c.png (211x259, 98K)

I suspect that 15kun and Yakuzakun are the same person.

Attached: ichiban of good sleep.jpg (533x754, 58K)

any hope for cabaret club ?

it's in, but it looks like it's back to normal (where you're just a customer instead of managing it)

Attached: file.png (1920x1080, 2.47M)

Yeah, this. I don't mind the combat system, but getting into fights all the time like FF7 or something would be fucking horrible.

No XV is kino like yakuza

He's the kh fag trying to force rivalries between xv bros and other fandoms

sleep tight fluffers

>Golf in Kiwami 2 sucked ass.
bowling is fucking easy and suck ass

Glad to see they are making another yakuza game. I just finished 0 and had a fucking blast with it. The change in combat ought to be interesting I like turn based combat so i'm not opposed to it. I'm actually surprised there aren't more shitposters in this thread considering any game that is new rather it is console or pc gets shit on because Yea Forums hates video games.

>Judge Soul
It's about discovering an underground cloning facility.
It has support from all major powers since they can benefit from organ harvesting/transplants. This time round even the govenment is going after them.
Turns out Yagami's parents are somehow still alive and running the organization.
Kaito went missing earlier trying to end this himself.
Mafuyu exists.

I hope we'll have an option to have Kiryu as a party member. I don't mind whether it's as DLC, or behind an achievement, or even if it's gonna be not canon that he is in Y7. As long he'll have his move set from Kiwami 2, a few voice lines and heat actions I'll be more than happy.
I know his story is already over, but I wish to see him at least mentioned in the game.

>tiger drop
>komaki parry
>or just use weapon and rush on jingu
so much ways to win fight but NO lets just spam two buttons and cry the game is shit
epic

This. Yes, Kiyru had over seven games as the protagonist, and we played as him for over 1000 hours, but I'd happily pay extra for DLC just to see him again.

The combat was literally just okay honestly, people liked it because of the heat actions and you still get those in the turn based game. Played all of the yakuza games and I'll play this either way because it'll be an underrated black sheep in like 3-4 years

>the combat is good
>just use this optional skill locked behind multiple layers of grind and parry those gunshots and grenades coming from three directions at random timing

Does it share the same continuity with the rest of the Yakuza games? I believe Judgement was an alternate timeline

I just played it at TGS.

Everything but the combat is still the same ole Yakuza, and the turn-based allows for more >japanesehumor in the combat but ultimately yeah it's kind of boring and I'd prefer the old style combat

I hope it controls similar to 5's racing, but I know it's gonna be janky garbage

Attached: file.png (1920x1080, 2.43M)

>Everything but the combat is still the same ole Yakuza
Except exploration features NPCs constantly tagging along with you and is interrupted by 3 minute long fights. So except for combat and exploration, it's the same.

But user. 5's racing WAS Janky garbage. That's why it fucking ruled.

NPC's have tagged along in exploration literally since the first game on PS2
we don't even know if they're permanently there or if it's for a specific section

The combats literally just okay for a 2 hour beat em up, but like said, its a long ass rpg with tons of content which takes like 80+ hours to finish, which is good, but whats not good is locking moves behind that side content or grind. For the majority of the game you have an incomplete arsenal missing essential moves and it makes it feel horrible to play, especially at the beginning and even more in early boss fights.
I wish Yakuzas gameplay changed to be more like a fighting game which would put emphasis on the boss fights. The boss fights are always the highlights despite how the combats never lent itself to it. Fighting random trash on the streets fun for the first 2 hours but then it gets really boring or annoying when they interrupt you trying to do other shit.

>NPC's have tagged along in exploration literally since the first game on PS2
Not all the time. It's not fun to explore with them, they're annoying.

>we don't even know if they're permanently there or if it's for a specific section
Well they're the party members so I would say they will always be in your party since this is an RPG. And if you do have a way to kick them out then the 3 minute long fight will become 9 minute long fights I guess

>Unrelated, but can we agree that FFXV is trash?

Yeah. Unfinished piece of shit game with Hold O to win combat because the, now fired, director wanted to pander to casuals

Yokohama looks pretty boring. Why not set the game in a different Tokyo district? Why can't you have multiple?

i dont say combat is good but faggot on this webm dont even try
>just use this optional skill locked behind multiple layers of grind and parry those gunshots and grenades coming from three directions at random timing
its much easier than you think

can you move around in combat?

I'm still so confused how fights actually work. Like, they keep showing everything but how do you actually gather enemies up to make Dancer worth speccing into? They don't really explain that. They also don't explain how you set up situations in the fights. Heat Actions also look like tag attacks while skills look like normal special attacks. It looks pretty enjoyable but they really need to be clearer about this. Yokohama looks great and varied as well. Also pretty funny you can seemingly use Amon's satellite in attacking.
From the gameplay video it looks like our minigames right now are:
>Outrun
>Super Hang On
>Space Harrier
>Fantasy Zone
>VF2
>VF5
>Poker
>Baseball
>Shogi
>Mahjong
>Darts
>Oicho-kabu
>Shogi
>2's Golf
>UFO Catcher
>Hostess Club (Not management, the dating one)
>Karaoke
>Several slot machine types
>The sheep theater thing
>Dragon Kart
>Can collecting
>Some sort of quiz game
>Some sort of building/party member purchasing minigame?

>I believe Judgement was an alternate timeline
Judgment is part of the main continuity and comes directly after 6 considering they reference Yuta lighting Little Asia on fire if you smoke with the workers in Little Asia (and passerby comment on it being closed), which means 7 will probably come after Judgment. Black Panther is really the only series not referenced in the main series at all (Unless you count the gangs in 5 I guess? None of the ones Tatsuya encounters are the gangs though). Looks like we're also going to Kamurocho as well so we might end up seeing what's going on with KJ Arts for example.

>OutRun
Not buying

Attached: majima-otf.png (298x224, 86K)

No. And to run away you have to hold L1 not once, but for every individual party member.

So instead of being able to run past enemies, you have to engage battle, then wait your turn and escape 3 times. Then the enemies wont be there and you can continue.

That or just do the fight.

Based and CPilled.

seems like a hassle to fight then. i just hope it's as fluid as p5's loading time per battle

Is there an actual way to enjoy exploration in that game? Were you able to explore at leisure? It sounds extremely annoying.

god i fucking HATED that fight

I played like 15 minutes and a lot was just skipping cutscenes and fighting the controls. Either my controller had an issue or this is a real early version of the game because there was like 2 or 3 second input lag.

Anyway with what little of it I did play a lot of the streets were blocked off I guess because its a demo, and enemies are arranged in a way where they block the whole street with no way to sneak around them.

It was instantly annoying not being able to run past them, especially since I wanted to try minigames instead of more fights.
It's not super long, but cutting into and out of fight mode and giving your post battle stats takes long enough where its pretty annoying

wtf this game looks like kino

This. My worst fears have been confirmed but I will simply move my expectations lower, because there is absolutely nothing that will stop me buying this game. If the combat sucks AND it's a pain to avoid or escape them I will simply hope that the loading times are short and be pleased if they are. If they aren't... well, I'll still buy it.

>dansa
dancer? what?

Based mindless consumer. I on the other hand will PIRATE the PC version and will use a TRAINER to avoid the fights whenever I wish.

yes
ichiban has a number of classes that change his fighting

Attached: file.png (1920x1080, 2.9M)

>enemies move around randomly while you choose attacks
>AOE attacks exist
What was meant by this

i mean, dancing your way through enemies would've probably been pretty cool if they kept the old combat system

You could do that in 0 though

XV is great just like Yakuza, anyone saying otherwise is the KH fag falseflagging and samefagging by trying to get Yakuza chads to attack XV bros, he does this because KH3 bombed and is mad it lost to XV after them swearing their life it'd beat it.

BRING BACK BILLIARDS FFS

ff7r is hold square
ff7r is casual jusr like every FF
tabata quit and SE wanted him to stay
Stop lying nathan

Get over it Judgement still has the old combat.

>18 years in jail
>Ichiban is 41 when he gets out of prison
Why make him so old, they can barely get 5 games out of him before he is an old man.

Attached: Jesus.png (315x300, 229K)

>Why make him so old
yakuza IS the japanese boomer's favorite videogame franchise
men and women alike over their 35s buy a console exclusively to play these games
why do you think the trailer spent almost 40 seconds detailing just the pachislot machines you can play with in-game?

>it clearly says in your picture that the name is only for north america and europe

>pretending to know japanese on a hungarian fishing forum

We won't really know if the new system is bad or not just from one game. It took them 6 yakuza games to get the combat right in the past, and some say they still didn't get it right. So don't judge 7 on one game alone.

wow it's nothing

So fucking hyped to get bored or annoyed by all these great minigames for the millionth time

And how many games exactly have to come out before we're allowed to say we think it's bad?

Attached: even kiryu will not fall for your tricks.jpg (870x675, 129K)

Yup.

Ok now I’m sold

Watching it looks like they clump together a good chunk of the time, and Ichiban's Giga Swing seems to have enormous range for next to no cost when he's the default job class so Dancer will probably have something equally comparable. At the same time though, it looks like a lot of the enemies wander around constantly (Especially in the larger fights) and immediately break any grouping so outside of the start of battle it looks like you'd be lucky to get two guys together at best later on in a fight. Who knows if you'd actually still have them clumped together by the time your guy actually reaches the target. Don't know if that's justifiable compared to the enormous damage dealer that is the default style.

Attached: Giga Swinging.webm (960x540, 2.9M)

>KARAOKE IS IN

Attached: uq0h4ehcn3m31.png (844x472, 445K)

it'll be buffeted by the RPG stats crawl. at least, that's probably what they're hoping. In the other Yakuza games, there wasn't much feedback when it came to fights, sometimes you got stuff out of them, other times you didn't, but this is probably going to focus pretty heavily on bumping stats from combat. a lot of idiots were grinding restaurants and stimrx in K2, so this is probably a better route to character progression.

you can say 7 is bad as soon as the trailer for 8 comes out. until then everything about it is GOTY. this is the yakuza cycle.

it says so in the shot in that everything will "Strengthen" Kasuga and friends, who knows if they'll streamline it so there's only one type of XP or it'd be like 6 and K2 where you need to do different shit though

Chances are they mean it like every game before where you get unique items or special stuff from the minigames along with some EXP. General fights give you Level EXP and Job EXP so the 6/K2 type of EXP is probably out.

so they starting to being the like a dragon title

cant wait for the like a dragon old times games where you play as a samurai

>he doesn't know
100% Castlevania is returning in less than 3 years.

Yakuza was aways a JRPG, they are just embrancing it

Worked for Chrono Trigger.

they just anounced a new game actualy
for cellphones

>MULTIPLE JOBS
DANCER BROS WHERE WE AT

Here's my take, I don't mind the idea of Sega shaking things up with Yakuza after all the spinoffs and mainline games, hell I love the fact that we're out of Kaurocho and going to Yokohama and as someone other than Kiryu even though I love him as a character
But changing to turn based combat doesn't feel like experimenting, it's the Japanese equivalent of a western franchise became a shooter to "appeal to a wider audience", turn based RPGs are the dime a dozen genre of Japan and trying to become another one just feels like it's gonna divide fans
I can easily find a game where I use turn based combat from any Japanese developer but I sure as shit can't find a beat-em up like Yakuza outside the franchise

Attached: DtcZEKHUUAAkM2l.jpg (577x675, 32K)

Chrono Trigger's got smaller arenas though, 7's way more spread out.

This. Real fans are furious. Yakuza was always known for its god tier combat system and now they're gutting it completely.