Why does Super Mario 64 have such a bizarre world and story compared to the rest of the the series?

Why does Super Mario 64 have such a bizarre world and story compared to the rest of the the series?

Attached: 1d22571f1320514a439201b913dd578f.png (580x746, 638K)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=9D_nbFKkigk
youtu.be/kpk2tdsPh0A?t=638
lmgtfy.com/?q=super mario 64 multiplayer
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Because of the difficulties during development and limitations of the system the worlds look weirdly flat and desolate compared to other entries. I dont see anything weird about the story.

A lot of PS1 and N64 games had weird and unique atmospheres. The low-poly and stuff like pre-rendered backgrounds give me a feeling most modern games don't.

Now that it's decompiled has anyone begun a 144fps ray traced version?

It fully embraced the Alice in Wonderland inspirations of the original SMB whereas the later games expect you to be familiar with Mario and his setting

Did you now Mario has exactly 64 pixels on his eyeballs? Just like the title of the game. Nintendo really thought of everything.

There weren't a set amount of rules or mandates bogging down development and given this being Super Mario's first venture into 3D, there was a focus on freedom of movement and so on and everything else came after. It doesn't help that the N64 excelled in uncanny atmospheres due to the primitive 3D though Ocarina of Time did it better in that regard.

>this is bizarre
>that one time the entire game was a stage play about the game before it wasn't though

They barely have the main menu running natively.

Because the game is loaded with occult symbolism m.youtube.com/watch?v=9D_nbFKkigk

I can't believe some of the shit Pancake figured out.
Like, why does the game have "alternate dimensions", realms that can be reached at high speeds, that don't have textures but still have physical hitboxes? I'm guessing they didn't program that in, but by a fluke of programming it just happened to work that way.
And yet somehow this autist managed to figure that shit out, and also just about every other aspect of the game.

Attached: 1564423055495.png (172x159, 70K)

Mario 64 is the primordial ooze of 3d gaming so every rock has been checked over.

>Join Mario 64 multiplayer server
>Die instantly
>Have no idea what's going on
>Respawn, die again
>Realize players were building speed for hours
>Start building speed before joining the server
>After 5 hours I'm ready
>Join the server
>See two players battle with each other
>Go to the alternate dimension and surprise stomp them with only three A presses
It was fucking worth it.

What? There's Mario 64 multiplayer what the fuck are you talking about?

Your post reads like a spiritualist citing quantum mechanics to support their ideas. Even the most rudimentary understanding of programming would save you future embarrassment.

It's not really "alternate dimensions", it's simply the game looping your location within a set of coordinates even though you have passed that coordinate boundary.
Pannen simply refers to the as parallel universes as a way of visualizing it but in reality it's the same floor detection of the original map, Mario simply has left the map causing a loop.
It's not as complicated in theory as some people make it seem.

>I didn't watch any of the videos and only regurgitate the memes: the post
Please stop making an ass of yourself in public.
youtu.be/kpk2tdsPh0A?t=638

lurk more

lmgtfy.com/?q=super mario 64 multiplayer

Attached: 5c548d52df208[1].jpg (480x323, 104K)

Mario 64 always felt weird to me as a kid. It was so different from SMB3 and World, not only in enemy designs and the world but even the music was strange and weird.

I love it now. A very unique game

Damn... Mario is Jesus... I finally see...

Attached: jesus-crucifixion-31-ad-34011468.png (500x566, 112K)