Blasphemous Thread

Blasphemous Thread

Attached: 1568253987226.jpg (2560x1440, 441K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SZNbabKjKpA
youtube.com/watch?v=8sFjQ-_WsTo
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holy_Prepuce
twitter.com/AnonBabble

For as much as it was a piss-easy Ico clone, this reminds me how much I enjoyed Rime

nice sprite work and visuals but the game looks meh

Rank the bosses

The only blasphemy is a woman cutting off her penis. It was made to be sucked.

Just beat the game so I'll say in terms of actual the fights mechanically:
>Quirce
>Crisanta
>Erdras
>Skeleton Man
>Three Ladies
>Pope/Final Form
>Ten Piedad
>Charred Visage
>Tutorial Boss
>POWER GAP
>Baby

In visuals they're all pretty high with skeleton bishop probably being at the top and Erdras being at the bottom for a basic design and being reused as a recolored super mook later.

This game man, the art while not fantastic its something else in its own way and its what keeps me coming back to it but the gameplay is so meh and i get super bored almost immediately

What do I do with dried flowers and cord of true burying?

>>>/lgbt
Go back, faggot.

this I wanna finish it so bad cause the art and atmosphere are really captivating but i get so bored by the gameplay

Nothing gay about sucking a girl's penis, faggot.

why do all indie games suck Shovelman's cock?

Even Bloodstained!

I think this game needed more bosses

Attached: D6zUWjlXYAAu2RN.jpg:orig.jpg (2000x3899, 1.95M)

Man I love this game, but it looks like absolute garbage with the shit brown filter over everything. Thank god for reshade.

what are the top 2 middle games? i know the rest

Spain thread

Attached: 1568221650769.jpg (900x600, 110K)

>get through Convent and Cistern, explore as much as possible
>Jondo's the only way available
>everything there is walled off
Fug

Ring the bell.

>cord of true burying?
seconding this
I already know that the dried flowers can only be used if you resolved that tree guy's request before he dies which I can't do because I never even got to talk to him in the first place.

Nothing is walled off you can complete the whole game without upgrading anything
Every movement upgrade is optional

What side of the map?

>this reminds me how much I enjoyed Rime
Was just going to ask, forgot about that game, I need to play it.

Speaking of I have the same issue with tree dude, is his quest needed for 100%? Need to know if I should start a new save or not for that.
In Jondo near the start, you'll know the bell when you see it.

Meeh... This isn´t even by far a good game developed in Spain. Rime or Inmortal Redneck was better. Now I´m waiting for 1971 Project Helios

>lol references
Wow, they almost got my money too

m8 the entirety of jondo is a bell, it was built upside down.
The part that rings is in the middle of it you have to break off two chains holding it

What do with the detached bell hand?

it's the kickstarter room you fucking retard

Where the fuck is ability to activate invisible platforms?

Attached: original_166232_Xb7PHmia3vEIChLvooTRr4liu.jpg (1101x872, 204K)

Attached: reshade.jpg (7498x2160, 2.25M)

bring it to be blessed
buy the key and use it on the door at the beginning

is there something past that cave in where olive trees wither?

Yeah?
it's gay

>the entirety of jondo is a bell
Fuck, the first thing I did is to talk to the pilgrim and that's the first thing he says. Still forgot it.

>Let’s only put a warp room every 500 miles because we’re trying to capture that pre-warping Dark Souls feeling only lets fuck it all up by requiring loads of backtracking every time you find a new ability, quest item, or upgrade.
Dropped the game after passing by the oily tree man for the fifth time and realizing it would take ten+ minutes to actually start playing the game again. Metroid was a mistake.

it's one single room dedicated to the people who helped fund everything, you miserable faggot
one single room where it's all contained
it isn't bloodstained where you fight shovel knight enemies and peoples' puppies and cats and shit

>Don Ramiro
now that's fucking based.

I fucking hate this game. it's so inconsistent.
the stuff they hired this guy to pixel looks really great and everything else in the game looks like shit.. so 90% of the art looks unfinished, especially in contrast.

Attached: Pixel artist.png (599x658, 257K)

Also I am fucking sick of going out of my way for something and recent John the Butcher’s served penis instead of anything useful.

>giving a single shit about MercurySteam when every single one of their games has been terrible

sweet, you look like a clansman now

>Speaking of I have the same issue with tree dude, is his quest needed for 100%?
No clue, I found him when I already had killed 2 of the 3 bosses and didn't even learn that I fucked up until much later and it's too late for me to restart now.

Funny, I also ahd completely forgotten about the bell and ended up exploring the entirety of the first area in the game before I remembered I didn't break the statues.

>down+melee is both plunging attack and the air momentum attack
What were they thinking?

>air momentum attack
not really a thing in this game

>that reference to Unepic
KINO

Attached: Tips section.png (1366x768, 28K)

I mean there is nothing in the game that is designed with it in mind

Wow I beat the whole game not knowing about this, and it certainly didn't feel like I was missing it for any fights. Does the game not give any tips for the recharging fervor with health prompt because I only came across that by experimenting.

yeah it does
>tfw figured it out blindly as well
>tfw solving puzzles that required you to do it

not a bad game but the le cryptic items and game mechanics shit still annoys me to no end. I think I have nostalgia goggles on but I remember SOTN doing that shit better

okay anons how the fuck do I beat this baby? Is this the O&S of Blasphemous? Do I need to git gud?

is incredible good against all the floating enemies, specially the popes with the lance and the one that are tied to a bell

The Scion? He's pretty simple, Erdras is the O&S of this game if anything. Just get a few good hits in and when it starts the overhead tail stabs bait it out at a distance then close in so you can get a combo string in. The lightning prayer from Erdras is really good in this fight if you can get it off on both weak points.

See, Esdras was super manageable for me. I can see it in a sense because he is sort of a test before you can progress after completing the first part, but he has such clear tells and can be easily moved around. If his demon sister thing appeared earlier in the fight I'd be fucking sweating, but like by the time she shows up I'm like three combo strings away tops from winning.

This fucking scion though, it's how the thing moves. This is the first fight I couldn't be greedy.

It's like the guy played the messenger and decided to add this last minute, its so pointless

I clapped when I saw Shovel Knight™

>Fuck up a jump
>Gotta waste 10 minutes getting back
>Fuck up again
FUUUUUCCCCK

What the fuck are the cherubs for?

Im super dissapointed you dont get anything special for beating the sister in the esdras fight before killing him, almost expected him to get rid of her and become friendly or something

>>This fucking scion though, it's how the thing moves. This is the first fight I couldn't be greedy.
I don't know man, I pretty much facetanked it and didn't bother to remember the pattern much but mostly because it's a mechanically very boring fight outside of the baby visuals. The fireball especially I never figured out how to do but just mashed the combo on it. Did you do the other two bosses mandatory in the latter half yet or not?

Find the chapel of eternal torment or w/e it's called, deal with the punished lady and speak to the monk beside her.
Afterwards you can find him on the edge of the Archcathedral Rooftop to the left of the Prie Deu. Give him the cord and he'll move to Albero.

alright where the FUCK is the relic to walk on water/jump higher in it. I'm 30 hours in and still can't find it

Attached: this is fine.jpg (184x184, 15K)

ITT: seething religionfags

Attached: pepelaughz.jpg (800x450, 40K)

Uh, nah. It's the first thing I've done getting into the big tower.

If you're talking about picking up stuff in Cistern, you can do that without it, just hug the wall and jump some times.

Okay yeah in that case feel free to try one of the other areas if you don't mind the backtrack, there's a relatively close warp point by this games standards near the Scion anyway if you want to save it for later.

there is a hidden item in the cistern that is literally impossible to ger without some kind of jump height boost

Help the old barefoot dude a couple times going eastwards then when hes at the statue equip the 3 toes he gives you

you only say that because the game insulted your religion

fuck
where was he weeping again?

I'm at Crisanta, missing one baby and three bones I think.
Is there more map to explore after her or is this the end?

Is it the one where you have to dodge into a small opening and then jump on a platform? Hug the left wall.

He's in like 5 different spots starting at the mountain above the jondo, everytime you have to either clear the way or kill all enemies and talk to him again. Cant remember all his spots

Stunrate in this game is a fucking joke
I played 15 hr and I still haven't seen the animation of executing nuns, bullheads and wheel guys

Is there a downside to getting help with boss battles?

I don't really understand the point of the executions, there's no way to consistently get them and there's no reward for doing so. It would be nice if you could consistently stun enemies to do it but as you go through the game just ripping through almost anything is easy as piss.
Not for you anyway.

yea I just forgot his end spot where the statue of his master is, I'll look for it tomorrow

The most east spot on the map

I lost my healing items, how do I get them back?

Attached: Untitled.png (3846x2154, 926K)

Wait, so I SHOULD be inviting her to ever battle?
Because I've already beat 2 without her.

to be as spoiler free as possible, helping you fight those things takes its toll
make your choice

>been selling stuff on my steam account to try to get this game
>currently at 13.53

:\

sold my spy unusual from the crate depression for just in time to buy this

Attached: 1564740970797.jpg (344x404, 18K)

I could see that after I fought the first boss with her, that's why I avoided it from then on.

This is the first time i heard of this, did you do anything special like die too many times? Might just be a bug too

jesus nigga try reading the descriptions of some of your items

Take her too many times and she ded
If you never take her with you she gives you an L2 attack at the end of the game.
Not sure if you're not allowed to ever take her or if she just has to survive

This is everywhere I've been.
I came back up here thinking I needed to pray to some shrine but I can't even find anything on google that would have taken them away.
I had three and now I have none, fucking why?

Attached: map.png (3814x2155, 117K)

ok now I got to 16.27

When you die you either collect your dead body or you go to the shrine that are marked like an 8 on the map like the one right above your two deaths at the bottom, costs monry tho.
But like i said i never heard of no healing items, did you try reloading

you equpped the sword core that removes your healing flasks for extra currency you dumbass
go to a shrine and unequip it

If you're that desperate just pirate the gog version until you have money

Is there a way to upgrade my bottles healing amount?
Because they heal an absolutely pitiful amount of my health now. All 5 bottles heals about 1 extra health bar all up.

Demo was fun, but i don't think I'll like doing the same sword combo for the entire game. If it had more weapons and upgrades I'd probably buy.

Attached: 1560230153619.jpg (576x559, 48K)

>That fucking picture
Oh, so no wonder this game was garbage.
Its the bloody fucking Messenger all over again.
Why are modern devs such total hacks? The platforming was garbage, you can fall through them half the fucking time and on top of that with ladders if you try to do what every other game has done since and jump at the near end you just fall through the floor. Fuck this game is garbage.
Oh wow, and the one boss I beat the shit out of who is a woman, taller then me in game and you don't even get to kill her at the end? she just leaves and takes the sword from you after you get the true ending? Well that was night of gaming well wasted. I getting sick of this shit, fuck indie devs and fuck AAA devs. This game fucking blows.

Attached: gg.jpg (1574x972, 143K)

>80% in 5 hours
literally how?

Whoever the fuck decided that insta-kill spikes were a good idea in a metroidvainia needs to be punched.

So I just started Blasphemous and I don't quite understand what guilt is.

What shit fucking taste. Reshade completely ruins the aesthetic and art, retards.

You can rush through pretty easily, the most time spent in this game is from backtracking to explore and from deaths

hollowing except you lose your blue gauge instead of health

I think I did the entire game backwards and broke the pacing, I also didn't die a lot. I was really looking forward to this game and the last two games in the similar vain I tried and beat was The Messenger and Shovel Knight. This game has once again proven to me that modern "retro indie" devs are total fucking hacks and have no idea how to develop competent pacing, level design or game mechanics. I literally just bum rushed every boss with spam sword attacks, do a parry or block thing, then would dodge once in awhile and I beat EVERY SINGLE boss this way.
Let alone, Lets keep hit knock back mechanics, more then have the items collected in the game are useless.
It just limits your "mp" abilities, which knowing the average player is going to find fucking three of them on the first play through and guess what? they are completely useless.

Attached: 86785854848468yhj57j76.jpg (350x350, 40K)

the basic blood projectile is unironically better than every blue ability combined

Yup.

Knockback isn't much of an issue because it can't knock you off ledges as long as you aren't in the ait,

Wouldn't be that bad if you had better aircontrol, an airdash, double jump or a way to regain control in the air after getting hit. Like fuck you cant even cling to walls anymore after getting hit by the slightest thing midair

Oh yeah, that was just fucking stupid and there are parts in the game that are designed around you having to blast up walls and not getting hit. Also fuck that snow area with the wind. I am so glad I didn't pay for this trash.

>destroyed all the guilt ridding shrines
>my guilt is LITERALLY sitting on some spikes
I-I don't need that extra fervour to beat the game anyways haha

I mean you unironically don't, fervor is just about the least impactful thing you could lose.

The only thing you need in this game is dodge, basic sword attacks, spam jumping and parrying. That is fucking it.

>Destroyed
Wait, what?
You can destroy them?
Why would you?

true ending

True(good) ending

I'm still waiting on that Galician wife, fuckers.

>good ending
Fuck the spoilers, both endings are retarded, they let the STRONG INDEPENDENT WOMAN live for the sole reason of her taking the sword out and becoming gods gift to fucking man kind. Fuck this game.

>vertical scroller projectile spam boss
>well this can't possibly get any worse
>bullet hell boss
god

>bullet hell
It has 4 fucking patterns that repeats, the boss is a total joke.

You can ping pong the red balls back at her if you're talking about the burnt face boss, makes her piss easy

more like, by doing that the retarded woman restarts the fucking cycle, because she's a dumb bitch

you WHAT

Where do I take the rosary knots?

>Almost no mobility upgrades after 10 hours
Mobility upgrades are literally best best fucking part of metroidvanias, and this is an insult.

I gave them to a ghost stuck in a cage before the goldface stage but nothing happened

Theres some ghostlike thing you can offer it to get more beadslots under the starting area forgot the name.
Its really close to the teleporter there.

If you havent been there yet go left from the mountain of something the red area above the bell

beadsluts, they are completely useless.
The whole game is an insult.

I'm guessing this means I should go explore the mountains and come back to the sewers after getting some kind of poison resist upgrade

Attached: 1544072808813.png (1920x1080, 319K)

it's a silver lung you get in jondo iirc

keep going in the sewers and to jondo, you can do mountains later

There are none in this game. There are a few abilities but they dont actually increase your mobility just make platforms appear out of thin air, let you drop down long shafts or let you jump normally in water

There is literally nothing important in the gassed areas.

plenty of bones for completionists

What happens after you finish the game? Is there a NG+ or do you start back at the last bonfire?

There's maldita castilla but I don't know the other.

What do I do with this fluffy black egg-looking thing in Grievance Ascends?

True, but none of it is rewarding at all. I have 20% left in the game, but I do not see myself going back to the game at all.
Nothing, you get a skin swap which makes your armor black and your sword red, you just start where your last save was before the last boss.

I swear this shit is more cryptic than La-Mulana sometimes

It isn't cryptic at all, its all filler. The devs tried to do the whole "too deep for you" dark souls shit and failed.

Oh, I didn't realise there were more areas of the sewers that I could access.
Also is it true that you can lock yourself out of content by doing things the wrong order? I remember someone saying to do the snowy area as soon as you find it.

Where is the key to the lift after the prison?

ReShade can be nice but you burned it. There is such a thing as too much contrast.

No, I did the game in completely random directions and never got locked out of anything. Progress is basically
>kill three bosses
>unlock next area
>kill three bosses, get masks
>go to last bosses.
The High Peak key? pretty sure it was in the Prison. There is some bullshit hidden wall door in there somewhere.

You seem overly angry for no good reason. Maybe you should take a break from playing videogames and experience new aspects of life.
pic related.

Attached: [email protected] (1779x2048, 587K)

A really nicely made metroidvania type game. I've just started but overall it seems enjoyable and its spanish-gothy setting is unique. Oh, for those unaware it will be coming to Linux (I think Mac as well) soon - the devs confirmed it!

what do here? i've been breaking and entering the portals under the guilt statues if that matters

Attached: painlady.png (1920x1080, 336K)

Fuck off shill, the game is fucking garbage. Go back to Twitter.

Attached: b08trygb 0854yt-803v4yntpnrdhg80n54yu564yb647by.jpg (552x465, 56K)

you are fucking buttblasted dude
game's a solid 8/10

Kill the bitch, its what I did.

I didn't even pay for the bloody thing. It doesn't take a keen eye to notice that you have issues. Sort your fucking life out mate.

Not him but it's REALLY just not a good game, and it's a shame because it's so fucking beautiful. The goddamn platforming is inexcusable though.

Shills mad
Your game is fucking trash.

Theres something bullshit time gated stuff in the snowy mountain area that you can miss, bringing an item to a talking tree there. If you dont do it first the guy will be dead, pretty sure its timed as soon as you start the game. The item you get from him can still be gotten from what ive heard though.

Another is a miniboss like enemy in the red mountains area above the bell, it doesnt respawn if you die to it and the bead she drops helps you minorly against a boss later.
You can also get that item after you defeat that boss by returning to the area you first found the miniboss in

How many games of the genre have you played if you think this shit is well made? The setting is interesting and most of the pixelart good but the rest is pretty ass

You're delusional.

Look in the fucking mirror, jew.
This.

>Get hit while climbing a wall
>Fall
>For some fucking reason you can't climb back on mid-air

Holy shit this game is fucking terrible

Please enjoy the hardcore dark souls™ like experience

BUT DUDE RELIGION!

so far it seems the game seems pretty polarizing. Guess I'll pirate it first before buying.

Like, I'm trying to fight the Les Angustias and the platforming just fundamentally does not fucking work. If you're trying to scale one of the side walls and they JUST SO HAPPEN to float towards you then you're fucked. There's nothing you can fucking do.

Like I posted before, I beat all the bosses by just spamming jump attacks, dodging and occasionally parrying. Every single boss was beaten with this strat.

What are you on about? Setting, story, combat etc... there's secrets to discover, combat is reasonable for a metroidvania and responsive (not quite on the level of something like the highly technical Guacamelee combat but still, works well), what "rest is ass": to you?

>Setting
Wow, look at all the blood, great stuff
>Story
Religion bad, kill gods, oh no u r the bad religion, women good now.
>Combat
What a fucking joke, none of the abilities you get through the game are good, besides ONE fucking projectile thing you can throw.
>Secrets
None of the secrets found make the game better nor the "DO YOU LIKE DARK SOULS" lore is interesting.

Fuck

off

shill.

my confession when playing this game:

I just read the last sentence of every item description to see what the item actually does, I don't give a shit about the description.

also, whats with those bone parts with the names? I know that you can deposit them at a location, but are these like backer names or something? I bet they're backer names.

Oh fuck off whiner. I could describe pretty much any game with your attitude and make it seem like shit, but that's because your attitude is shitty

>NO FUN ALLOWED

Who peed in your cereal this morning kiddo?

Git gud.

Many irl christian relics are body parts of saints.

Hollow Knight attack spam is worst than in this game. At least the 3rd and 4th attack are strongest.

Im sorry I pirated your shit game, beat it in 5 hours without even trying and called it shit in the end. Go back to your shithole country.
The game is 90% filler, even in with the descriptions.

Can you stop samefagging like an absolute cunt? Christ alive, the game is fucking fine. It's not PERFECT, but it's fucking fine.

Who cares about what you do, go die from hunger or a bullet in the street.

no one took your overly obvious falseflagging misoginy bait so I will, out of pity

/pol/ go and stay go
what am I missing for the best ending? I killed all the statues and every challenge they offered, and freed the lady from her pain with the three tokens

The Games Kitchen PR Hype train.
You are missing the uninstall the game token.

Attached: 9264c083762ff7b88fbe4939856ccb782b98983504507ece6a5c48fbfab183a7.jpg (632x483, 133K)

if your thorn isn't a Cvstodia of Sin by now, you're missing statue challenges

HOW THE FUCK HAVEN'T YOU GUYS MURDERED PEOPLE BECAUSE OF THAT MOUNTAIN PART!!!!

it's the cvstodia, yeah
is the good ending I become nuPope and the lady pulls the sword out of me later?
because that's lame

Congrats, true ending

>constantly reply to shitposters
>"why are the threads full of shitposters"
STOP
REPLYING

Graveyard of the Peaks is my favorite zone in the game so far

FUCK THAT MOUNTAIN PART
Attack in the air get stuck in that climbing position
Ghosts are immune to damage bug
Those fucking statues take ages to kill and 3 shot you

Great Insipiration from ONE OF THE GAYEST MOUNTAIN STAGES FROM NINJA GAIDEN RAMPED UP 100x TImes

Strong woman gonna be strong dudes.
With the wind pushing you?
Just be patient is what I did, I also put this song on.
youtube.com/watch?v=SZNbabKjKpA

Hello? Anyone? I could use some help here

Combat is shit
Platforming is shit
Exploration is tedious
Itemization is shit

I HAVEN'T RAGE THIS MUCH EVEN AT SEKIRO!!!

The same shit happened with The Messenger, these devs are fucking hacks who have no idea how to be original or how actual video game development works.

get the three wedding tokens to put on the plates
it's a ribbon, a veil, and coins

yeah
nothing wrong with strong women last I checked

Attached: 1568256704467.png (739x517, 5K)

who the fuck even is she
she's out of nowhere for one boss fight, then runs away
am I missing something?

You bring 3 items to it as offering, black widow veil, melted gold and some marriage band you buy of a merchent. Gotta find the other two things but i dont remember where from

After you offer them you get a small fuzzy egg which you carry to the tree in the red mountain zone, you offer it there to hatch it.
Then you bring whatever is inside to the priest in the fountain spiritworld in the hub

All this cryptic bullshit done you get the ability to make vines appear, something that would be a basic movement ability in other games

Kino

Attached: 3244.png (898x502, 345K)

Why are you so fucking angry, user?

Nope, you are missing nothing, this game is a missing nothing. They probably have some shit DLC or Sequal planned where the strong woman character rebuilds the world or some bullshit.
based

>STOP CALLING MY GAME SHIT!
Track 2 when?

Attached: 552.jpg (600x300, 18K)

At what part do i sound angry

>everyone who disagrees with me is a shill or phil fish
unironically have sex, you irrationally angry incel

you will never be white

Attached: 7yuytjhhgj567g4wefvdvj65u5ghtfh66.jpg (249x249, 22K)

DESPACITO
SCROTUM

Christ, Mother of Mothers is a huge area and now there's the rooftops and library. Should I head to those places first or keep progressing?

There is no real progress in the game, just go wherever the fuck you want, you are going to have to backtrack 80% of the map cause the level design is fucking garbage.

Stop replying to the despicable ruffian and reply to me instead
What is your favourite and least favorite bead?

Attached: 20190910162802_1.jpg (1366x768, 115K)

Why are you so angry, user?

Is that a tranny?
Can i kill it?

Not spoiling too much you have to collect 3 items again in the area around mothers to progress to the final boss area, rooftops is where you bring those items to so you can more or less ignore it for now

Why do you keep posting this?
I like the bead that has a bloated useless description and then one fucking sentence were it tells me about the very little effect it does that doesn't effect the game to the point where it even fucking matters.
Get a fucking job.
Mask, user has to collect three masks. One for the nigger, spic and tranny.

Attached: c45rt4y-ucripgh-8rttyh45yb56un65u56.jpg (480x360, 19K)

Why are you so angry, user?

There seems to be more after the ceremony room, how do I access it?
I'm pretty sure I completed the rest of the map already

you know I don't think the game is particulary good, but I really enjoy the artstyle and setting

honestly the game could have been better executed, I just like to play metroidvanias, this game should at least be listed as mediocre

Attached: C%C3%B3mo-derrotar-a-todos-los-jefes-de-Blasphemous.jpg (750x422, 138K)

Just disappointment, wasted 5 hours on a shit game that I thought was going to be good.

>stuck at 98%
>bead from Treeman Gemino's sidequest is missing because I could never talk to him and do it, he was already completely tree'ed.

Oh no.

Where do I go after Grievance Ascends? It loops back around to Desecrated Cistern, but I'm completely stumped on where to go.

>MOM I POSTED IT AGAIN
>complains about worldbuilding and detailed descriptions

ah, I see now, you're a little zoomer faggot

The game is great overall
But some stages are just way to hard and there are some very annoying bugs

This, I'd rate it a solid "Alright"

I think it's glitched regardless
I completed his quest, got the dried up flowers and the olive, and the cave never opened anyway

There is an alternate way in. Free some babies, get linen from bull painting and then jump down the bottomless pit in the next screen.

World building? you don't do that through fucking text you dumb shill, you do it through proper level design.
What fucking crack do The Games Kitchen have you on? I beat your shit game in fucking 5 hours and I wasn't even trying. How the fuck is this game great overall?

I bet you hate dark souls too, you salty-ass faggot

Yeah I did that already but I'm never going to get 100% map completion because you can't actually reach the back of the cave from there, even if there's nothing there
I'm not too annoyed or anything, maybe they'll fix it in a patch but for how easy it is to miss that quest having the reward glitch out as well is bullshit
Do you know how to reach the backside of the ceremony room, past the hairy ladies? The map seems to keep going but I can't drop there from any pit

No, I liked Demon's Souls and Dark Souls.
2 and 3 were not as good, hell I even bored a ps4 to play Bloodborne which was pretty good.
Next time you make a game, put more money into the development of the actual gameplay and level design before you waste all your money on the precious story, settings and aesthetics. Dumbass.

you're an actual fucking schizo if you think weird euro devs are on Yea Forums

I think there is nothing beyond that and the map is just not displaying right. There are about four or so areas that don't map properly. That room, one of the heart core rooms in the cathedral, and two big rooms in the dungeons.

>muh 5 hours

Spaniards aren't Europeans, kike.

>I didn't have fun so no one else gets to and they're dumb and bad if they do
Sorry, I'll unhave the fun I had with this game because you didn't like it. 0.001 BlaspheBux will be added to my nigger spic tranny account in 5 hours etc. There, I put in your reply for you so you don't have to post here anymore.

>spain
>not in europe
you need to go back to middle school and take your meds, /pol/ack

Do you get anything from all bones / all babies? I'm missing a couple of each but while I liked this game all right I don't really want to go through the entire map again

>tfw just read up about the fuzzy egg thing to gain the vine ability thing
>tfw I can't remember where all those vine things are

now I gotta scour the entire map again... is it worth it? also how do I get the key of the inquisitor in the prison map? the fire boss was kind of cool

All bones get you some money and a character skin.
About a third of the babies give you a relic and all babies give you a lame prayer.

vines lead to all kinds of secrets but aren't mandatory areas
inquisitor key is from a shop

How do you reach that? I've tried breaking all walls and floors to on avail. Jumping down from the elevator shaft just kills you, and there doesn't seem to be a way to climb up.

Attached: 17875645212.jpg (1920x1080, 155K)

use the relic that lets you survive bottomless pits and jump down from the spot just above your question mark

>relic that lets you survive bottomless pits
I didn't even know that was a thing.

you get it from king baby, after about a third of the babies rescued
he's inside the painting of the giant bull

For real, why are the opinions on this game so fucking aggressive on Yea Forums? It's a fucking decent game.

it's one incredibly angry crossboarder
just filter 'spic' and 'kike'

Why does the hand keep telling me there's a secret in Albero? Does anyone know?

All these crybabies need a serranito and a cold tinto de verano.

Anonymity iss a double-edged sword.
It's bugged, the wall at the bottom triggers it even when broken

there's a secret in albero, duh

At least it's far better than the abortion that was Death's Gambit.

Where exactly in the map is that girl that keeps hurting herself, does anyone know?

Three ghost chicks > Tall guy who dislikes statue heads > Bacon lady > Spinny bridgeman > The baby
I might be forgetting some but that's all I've fought so far, the baby is fucking terrible, what were they thinking?

I mean I won't be as angry as that one user but it's just really mediocre desu. Carried solely by the art and setting.

the most disappointing thing is they didn't have the balls to give the baby a death animation
it just cries until you leave, with the implication it burned

Is there rosary item anywhere that gives better fire protection than piece of golden mask? the archbishop dude fucks me over when he starts spamming flames

Game runs fine but the cutscenes barely play/are a slideshow, what gives?

So what's the deal with inverted chalice? Do I have to get lot of tears without dying? I had it say "chalice is half-full" and it went back to empty on death.
Statues are pretty easy, parry+two strikes and repeat, you don't even need to bother with timing, because two strikes just barely fit there.
How does the hand works? I carry it, but don't notice anything.

my first boss, three ghost chicks, still a lot more to play and this was the best?

Attached: photo_2019-09-12_12-51-51.jpg (1280x1280, 145K)

gotta kill three specific enemies and go back to the door without dying or warping
the enemies are all in different corners of the map

>inquisitor key is from a shop

oh yeah I remember it was like 9999 gold, but I don't remember where the shop is lmao

Yes, you can find one in the dungeons I think.

>Do I have to get lot of tears without dying?

Remember the murals in the room where you picked it up? Defeat those three and return without dying or teleporting.

Also, solve the puzzle in the room before the elevator shaft for a defense bead.

In the Sleeping Canvasses.

thank you user

>remember where you picked it up
Is it the elevator shaft in Grievance?

It's the one connecting the cistern with it, yes.

One thing I really appreciate about the game is how you have all these splinter groups seemingly forming in response to The Miracle with their own reaction (and in some cases because they are being acted upon by The Miracle).

It's more refreshing than just having one single Church, I mean that's there and it's The Mother of Mothers but there's more focus to the small groups like Tirso's gang, the guys you give the bones to, the Convent etc.

Attached: aight i'm bout to head out.jpg (1920x1090, 192K)

Man, Viri has some killer thighs on her.

Attached: viridiana.png (132x196, 24K)

It gets even better with the ones on right walls since their hitbox is for some reason larger than their attack reach so you can damage them without having to worry about getting hit.

Just like actual religion.

So what's the story/plot/setting of the game?

Has anyone beaten all the bosses without using health flasks?

Does using the NPC lady ruin the achievement?

You kill christians. as it should be.

How is the switch port?

Attached: switch.jpg (710x197, 16K)

>misogyny is not okay because you disliked this one obviously evil bitch
Fuck off roastie, Crisanta was an envious woman who not only started your entire bullshit journey due to her own unwarranted self righteousness but also ruined everything in the end after all your work because she got triggered by you becoming her god.

>anyone
Of course, there are people who did it.
youtube.com/watch?v=8sFjQ-_WsTo

kek
that dude completed the game in even less time than the angry user ITT
so much for muh 2d souls meme

That gay

imagine
>can't get shit done
>has to send some other schmuck to do it
>get mad after that person succeeds

What was their rationale behind letting you equip only three relics at once? It's literally exploration stuff only that doesn't give you an edge in combat and the limit just makes me have to waste time going into the menu to swap them out when I need them.

Attached: 1568155994104.gif (589x662, 3.81M)

>no worms easter egg
preorder cancelled

Why my pp hard?

Attached: FB_IMG_1567205800948.jpg (512x336, 20K)

what setting is this game called?
biblical dark fantasy?

Grimdark christian fantasy

i'd add to that
>i'd better undo everything this lad has done so i can feel better about myself
>the cycle starts again
if there is a next game or major DLC she would be the new final boss guaranteed

SotN had that one room that required you to go through a small rock tunnel as a wolf and then back again as a bat that had absolutely zero indication or hints that you needed to do that to find a room.

Intresting, can't find any art similar to this game's style, it's pretty original

Fuck You!

I only got 2 toes and dont know where is the 3rd. I helped the Pilgrim.

>i'd better undo everything this lad has done so i can feel better about myself
>the cycle starts again
Like literally every single other penitent before them? For all we know, the current iteration of the Penitent summons some other awful apocalypse down the line.

What a redundant name.
Christian would suffice.

Dante's Inferno, although not quite the same, has a similar "dark side of christianity" theme

Is that Count Lucanor on the top right?

yea but the thing is she did it out of spite.

You can equip more.

Well, its not as high quality. Nor as well polished, and doesn't go into as much depth.
Devilman Lady's adaption of Dante's Inferno is far superior to the video game. Because it goes much deeper into the morals.

IRL religious relics were often holy body parts of saints. Fun story, at one point you officially needed at least one in order to build a new church or it wouldn't be recognized by the Vatican.

Wonder if a penis or a pair of testicles were ever a holy relic

The relics? Do you unlock an ability to equip more later or something? I'm not talking about the rosary, I mean the relics that give you the invisible platform ability and other stuff.

sounds like something they whould do

Which enemy is the first one? I recognize the other two.

That prayer that travels along floors and walls absolutely melts this boss

Attached: 20190912110429_1.jpg (1920x1200, 368K)

God had it with a fanatical overzealous kingdom of lunatics and decided to give them what they wanted.

Please Help ;_;
I went there once and then forgot where it was

Does the game ever give any concrete answers as to what the "Miracles" are or what's actually going on? I'm like 80% done and I still don't really have a solid idea. Feels like they went a little too hard on the whole dark souls thing of having the story be something you figure out. So far all I've got is that some guy turned into a tree and those three chicks got turned into one person and some church sunk into the ground and then there's a tower or some shit and everyone's into really hardcore BDSM.

How hard is this game?

A lot easier than what people bitching on steam think it is. It's got a few annoying parts because it has instakill spikes and pits in some areas, but overall feels like bogstandard metroidvania difficulty. Towards the end you're just a walking murder machine.

I'm at 60% completion but so far it's not that hard. You'll probably die the most to platforming and some cheap enemies. But there's a checkpoint before each boss, so that removes the annoying backtracking, thank fuck

>and everyone's into really hardcore BDSM.
Its Penitence, not BDSM you freak!

Galician girls have the fattest asses

Yeah whatever, "Miracle wrap my cock in thorns please it hurts so good OwO"

Mother of Mothers, in the room with the four bells and two death drops, eastern side.

It's literally just punishment from God. I don't know about you but this is WAY more chewable than Dark Souls lore.

There's a very concrete foundation and logic in the world because they based it on Catholic/Christian faith. Sure the average person, myself included, might not fully grasp all the references, effigies, and esoteric symbolism but the fact that they keep reiterating common Christian terminology any retard can udnerstand makes this shit easier to understand from the first get go.

is there any character building/ customization at all or will every playthrough be the same?

>But there's a checkpoint before each boss, so that removes the annoying backtracking, thank fuck
Thank goodness. A big relief to hear.

You can pick your rosary loadout and special move but that's about it

I'm only dying to fucking spikes

Attached: 1552293378113.jpg (960x942, 150K)

Welcome to Dark Soles ex dee

What I don't get specifically is what they worship. I assume because it's based on Catholicism that the whole thing is monotheistic with some "praying" to saints/holy figures that are basically demigods. But what is "God" in this world? They talk about a father specifically, but then it sounds like the "Miracle" is something they pray to that answers prayers and punishes. Is that God? Are those floating golden heads God? Are the "High Wills" they mention some kind of divided aspect of God? Is God in this setting some kind of evil eldritch bastard considering how fucked everything is?

This game would not be where it is without the art, but it wouldn't receive as much hate from you fags either.

The game needs severe re-balancing.
Charge attack is literally useless. You need to be able to charge it while moving for it to become viable.
Combo finishers aside from standard fourth hit are trash.
Fevour generation through actually hitting enemies is painfully laughable. You're required to use the Bloodborne's blood bullet system if you actually want to cast frequently.
Sword core balance is ass. Parry improving core is by far the best, everything else will actually downgrade your character.

God is God. That's really all there is to it.

What is the downside to the parry core?

It leaves you open afterwards for more frames, absolutely neglidgible compared to being able to reaction parry.

Is Jesus Christ shootings fags with an AR-15 considered blasphemy? Or is it divine justice?

Attached: based.png (625x591, 318K)

this game was probably created by a leftist trying to demonize the group he hates

But it creates a tangible reward for penitence, essentially a forgiveness for the sins of the heart.

That's extremely godly, to say the least. You do that to someone and they will adore you forever and ever.

Catholicism is basically "Pray for me" taken to its logical extreme. Which means it will also border idol worship because thats what happens when you ask your demigod bro to pray for you.
Everybody worships God, but that isn't important. What is important is that Miracles has been running completely rampant in the religion, created a lot of Saint you can ask to pray for you.

So everybody prays to God, but they also spend a lot of time going to the different shrines and pilgrim sites to purify the soul trough penance, and ask the saints to pray for them.
Does it border Idol Worship? Yes
Did the Vatican look down on it? Occasionally.

Attached: Saint_of_Holy Catacombs of Pancratius_catholicskeleton.jpg (1620x2288, 720K)

Core for slashing some magic attacks sounds nice too. I didn't equip parry because I didn't want to mess up timings, but I just played through more than half of the game by now without any core.

I just equipped the one that ups damage when at critical health. Absolutely murdered the big gay baby boss because I got under the snake thing with no heals left and just slashed up at both weakpoints. Took out like the entire second half of his health bar in like 4 seconds.

best boss design.

Attached: 55503D24-8F2F-492A-A8F3-C4896C4A4627.jpg (749x411, 82K)

Giant hands holding him and attacking you are by far the coolst part of the design.

I wonder what people think of library, particularly people who hated the mountain.

Attached: Fuck this entire section.png (1366x768, 182K)

It's called an intercession.

You know it. The most famous one is obviously this
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holy_Prepuce

Huh, that's really interesting. Thanks for the rundown, senpai.

I hope I'm as comfy as that guy when I die.

This

This game's RTSR is insane.
Especially so when I was fighting a boss, ran out of heals, and was at critical health while boss was at half, then proceeded to dodge and parry all of the attacks flawlessly and slaughter her

Shovel Knight is the face of indie games when before it didn't truly have one.

Don't step on the books.

Cave Story was the face of indie games for a long time before Shovel Knight.

Not in the mainstream sense. I love CS but it didn't really blow up like shovel knight did commercially. That might be why. He didn't sell the game for profit until later.

>Which means it will also border idol worship because thats what happens when you ask your demigod bro to pray for you
>Saint is demigod
Wut? It is well established in theology that Saints are given power by the Holy Spirit, they are not divine or semi divine in there own right. They are just really holy and faithful human mortals. You pray """to""" the saint as a request for specific guidance, but they are subservient to God.

Listen not to this heresy

It's also like the posterboy of Kickstarter successes.

>Wut? It is well established in theology that Saints are given power by the Holy Spirit, they are not divine or semi divine in there own right. They are just really holy and faithful human mortals. You pray """to""" the saint as a request for specific guidance, but they are subservient to God.
That's well and good in theory, but in practice people absolutely treat them like mini gods to worship, especially in Catholicism and in hispanic communities. For all the heehaw about not worshiping false idols, there are an assload of people out there kneeling in front of effigies of beings that aren't specifically God and praying, no matter if you want to sugarcoat it as "intercession."

What's the last item I supposed to give to statue thing that blessed shit? Already blessed egg and cloth

Default countrols on keyboard were made by someone who never saw a keyboard.

wow...

Whats the meaning of the three anatomy books in the library?

In American hispanic societies (and in most
cases, but especially with them) that happens because a lot of their pre-columbian gods were adapted into the form of saints to ease them into catholicism.

And god will forgive you for that if you beleive in him. It is also not a sin if you have not got full knowledge of your actions, so if the church ahs poorly educated people and they beleive that just asking St Christopher for blessing on the road is okay, then they are not culpable.

This

If you'd like a small hint, collect the bones it specifically says on each book and read their descriptions. If you want the answer: unequip EVERYTHING, have a full fervor bar, and stand completely still for several seconds and then a room on the right will open.

How? They are easy as shit. Especially if you are a foreigner.

Does anyone else feel like some of these boss fights are pretty cheap or even buggy? For example, Baby's wicker snake head kept floating off screen or was too high up for me to hit it.
In many fights if you get hit by an attack you become stunlocked until it kills you. Not to mention most enemy attacks can't be parried at all and the i-frames in the dodge don't work most of the time.
And maybe I'm just a shitter but some of these bullethell segments come out of left field and suffer from the same cheapness. I really enjoy this game otherwise, but these have been real downers for me. There's no consistency. Also Crisanta's voice. Seriously? Fucking awful.

WHy is the music in this game so soothing and beautiful

>It is also not a sin if you have not got full knowledge of your actions, so if the church ahs poorly educated people and they beleive that just asking St Christopher for blessing on the road is okay, then they are not culpable.
If someone with no knowledge of Christianity is raised in a society where they worship a giant snake god and believe that murder is a holy sport and a good thing to do, would they not be culpable and still go to heaven?

Dodge feels pretty meh in terms of i-frames. Its main purpose is dodge through someone or dodge through attack that doesn't reach floor.

You are making a false equivalence. These people are not Aztecs. They are Catholics who have gottent heir daily worship wrong, and thus if they keep some old practises and rituals by mistake and it angers God, they will still get forgiveness if they ask for it. We aren't talking about people that never heard of Christianity.

This isn't entirely true. It's not like the checkpoint is just a room over. Most of them are many rooms over, some with perilous platforming or other enemies you have to beat to get between.

I fucking hated the library much more than the mountain. The chandelier/spike combo was just about the worst thing they could do.

You didn't like Shovel Knight either?

Thats also true of most places in Europa. A lot of the early saints are partially adopted pagan Gods or demigods.
Catholicism: Permanently skirting pure heresy by serving God. 10/10, would do again, for Jesus

Most of the Bosses are more Ghosts and Goblins than Dark Souls.
There is also a few problems such as 4th combo hit meaning you can't just dodge out of it unlike hit 1-3, or parry partially working.

Not really. Bosses always have a checkpoint close by.
But since one spot for checkpoint is taken by the boss, other checkpoints can feel quite sparse.

so should I buy it for $30 CAD

How's Blasphemous as a Soulslike experiene? Are there multiple builds and weapons or do you just find new moves like Castlevania?

Attached: 380276_preview.png (800x374, 129K)

It's not a false equivalence. If people are not fully culpable for not being taught the right way, then why would pagans be culpable unless they had come into contact with Christianity and rejected it? Where is the line drawn? People either are culpable, or they aren't. If they have been taught incorrectly and are inculpable, then anyone not in contact with Christianity is also inculpable by virtue of not having been taught in the correct way. If they ARE culpable, then what's the point of free will, considering you could damn someone to hell by teaching them wrong for a laugh and everyone born in a place outside of the influence or reach of Christianity are insta-damned?

it's more Castlevania than it is Souls. No builds. One sword. You get items that do small things like "slightly strengthens defenses" or "offers some protections against fire" Useless things, really.

It's more like a limited metroidvania like Hollow Knight. One weapon with a moveset you can slightly expand, and multiple different spells you can use and effects you can equip.

>Useless things, really.

Apocalyptic brainlet.

do you guys find some of the level design in this game to be kinda bullshit. i'm relatively early on in the game, so i can't say if it gets better or not. like lots of instant death spikes and falls and flying enemies. enemy placement is kinda frustrating too, often placed near edges where it's a guaranteed cheap damage, like a leaping guy at a ledge. or just really aggravating enemy design or combination, like a couple laser ghosts in a room. i like the concept of the game, but there's lots of cheap bullshit in the game. these things don't make the game hard in a fair sense.

left looks like absolute shit.

It's barely a metroidvania at all.

For one thing, they don't actually give you any "interesting" movement power-ups to traverse the world.

It's not much like Souls at all other than a bonfire/flask mechanic
I've heard castlevania or Ghouls and Goblins, but people who default to Souls are grossly generalizing

I wish folks were more discerning about what could constitute a 'soulslike', like they are with roguelikes. They tend to forget how making different builds is a big part of the Souls experience, but they just hear 'dark tone with vague story and a specific checkpoint system' and immediately everyone labels it as a soulsborne

SECOND FORM POPE'S FIREBALLS ARE BULLSHIT

No.
Sail the waters my friend.

The only useful items in the game are the relics that let you see blood platforms and the silver lung

>If people are not fully culpable for not being taught the right way, then why would pagans be culpable unless they had come into contact with Christianity and rejected it?
That is the central theology of the church and all churches user. Believe in Christ, God made flesh, who died for our sins. So those that reject the message are not going to heaven. Those that never got to hear the message is debateable, as the Catholics pray for them and claim God's infinite mercy will grant them a time in purgatory or an eternity in Limbo (not a punishment) but no fires of hell.

>Where is the line drawn?
The line in Christ. He is the way, according to all churches. Believe in him with all your heart and you are saved. Reject him or treat his forgiveness like its a rent-a-car you can just get every sunday without actually believing in him, and you will get sent to hell. The only difference in the churches is approach to this problem. Catholics claim the apostolic line is important as you have to be taught by the guy that was taught by the guy who was taught by Peter. Protestants say the book is the best approach as it is the distilled wisdom of all of the faith and the saints and has all the answers.

>If they have been taught incorrectly and are inculpable, then anyone not in contact with Christianity is also inculpable by virtue of not having been taught in the correct way
Not exactly. Like I said, Catholics believe that people who died in 40AD in the jungles of the Amazon can be given eternal peace in death, or maybe God with extend them an invite to heaven (his mercy is infinite). But no, your question is not correct exactly. Someone does not get automatically granted heaven for not Accepting Christ. It is not the same as accepting Him and then letting him down.

So maybe I'm a retard, but where do you upgrade the healing vial's effectiveness? I'm at 85% completion so I guess I missed it. Takes like 6-7 heals to get to full HP now.

>Wake up after a gay orgy with my brothers
>For some reason I'm not naked
>Kill someone who can't stop fucking around
>Fill my pointy hat with blood and put it on
>Find an SM dude who who talks a bunch of nonsense
>He tells me to ring two bells, I mean do something at three places

Not sure what I think about this game yet.

>free will
You cannot corrupt someone with your free will by teaching them wrong. If you did that intentionally then you refused to carry out your duty as a priest. Then you are a shitheel. But the Mexican peasant you lied to is not going to hell if he has accepted Christ, even if he has been doing it in the wrong way for a long time. Even if he was taught right, and then commits idolotry, so long as he realises he is being too buddy buddy with the idol and then asks for forgiveness, he will be excused from his sins.

As for what the point of free will is, you got this all wrong. Free will doesn't mean heaven for everyone no matter what you do. Free will is the opportunity for you to become like God and partake in his divinity. You will fail, but so long as you believe in Christ and try your best (Faith and Works) then you will lbe forgiven your shortcomings.

Why does she want to help you again?

Where do I get the upgrade to be able to use what I'm assuming are roots to access certain parts of rooms?

The lowest point of the map, after the giant bell.

Why is the golden armor lady such a salty bitch?

Am I missing something to get to this?

Attached: EERD4y_U4AI15iA.jpg (1280x720, 124K)

So is it actually good or what?
Looks like your cookie cutter Souls-inspired metroidovania

It’s a fairly long quest from the hairy egg, which you need at least the blood platform walking thing from the starting area

Yes. Need an item that prevents slowdown from swamp water. It’s the old man “escort” mission

Why won't mouse hide? It seems many are having xbox controller problems. Am i better off refunding this and purchasing it on switch

The art direction is heavily based on sevillian barroque, a regional variation of spanish barroque style characterized for its over the top religious themes.

Attached: In_ictu_oculi.jpg (1106x1124, 399K)

Not on the EGS, not buying.

Gave it a try. Seemed fine. Instadied to some spikes and couldn't be fucked to go through the level again. Errs on the right side of easy, anyway, after Gloom and Death's Gambit busted your balls but didn't earn it with mechanical tightness.
I bounced, but I'm in a bouncy mood, not really on the game.

Felt a real sense of fear looking at all the inventories and upgrade screens. A "oh god this flat castlevania clone is going to be 40 fucking hours long, isn't it" sense.

Attached: bored human boy child2.png (1366x768, 781K)

Haven’t heard any controller problems, also just move the cursor to your second monitor or top right if you don’t have one

So who's fault is that? The Church, or the retards who worship the statues, the saints, the superstitious?

God punished everyone for straying too far and its you play as a guy with guilt

It's just equippable movement shit (relics), equippable stat bonus/effect shit (rosary beads), quest items, equippable sword effect shit (mea culpa hearts), equippable spell shit (prayers), and collectable bones for a sidequest. Game's 15-20 hours long, or less if you just rush everything.

this is the only reason I stopped trying that fucking quest where you have to kill three monsters and collect their fucking blood in a chalice. It doesn't take long to get good enough to know how to fight each monster, at the end of the game you can pretty much 2 hit everything, but the fucking spikes can be bullshit

you get 3 items from killing enemies, can't remember what they are called but you can give them to her as an offering

Alright, user, I'll get back into it. I've got a day to kill, may as well see more weird cutscenes that have a completely different artstyle to the regular sprites.

>can't remember what they are called but you can give them to her as an offering
They're literally called offerings

>sevillian barroque
Whose fault is what? The peasant in Mexico fucking up? It depends. If the priest is lazy it is the priest. If it is the policy of the Diocese to let this practise continue with proper theological instruction, then it is the Bishop/Archbishop.

At the end of the day though, it doesn't matter, so long as you have faith in Christ and take his sacraments (communion, baptism, confession etc). Here si teh basic equation:

>Did you do wrong and suspect you did wrong?
>Ask forgiveness

>Did you do wrong but soemone told you it was right?
>No worries

>Did you do wrong and tell someone else something wrong?
>Ask forgiveness

>Did you do wrong and tell someone else something wrong but thought it was right?
>No worries

what to do here? empty things on the wall turned to "I"

Attached: file.png (1920x1080, 182K)

It's a healthy 6.5/10 desu.

+Great setting
+Great art
+Great realized world
+Surprisingly fun obtuse puzzles, not La Mulana-tier but fun enough to think about, most likely from the dev's experience in making The Last Door games
+Mostly fun bosses and enemy variety/design that somewhat alleviates the shallow combat mechanics

-For a game focused on combat you actually die more to platforming more than anything else
-In fact, it's actually a bit too easy when it comes to combat which hopefully they fix when they add in the nightmare difficulty
-No movement power-ups that would have helped save the platforming and would have allowed to design harder bosses
-Awful awful backtracking late-game further exacerbated by lack of movement abilities
-Writing and voice-acting is a real mishmash
-Just really rudimentary and shallow gameplay that's carried by drive to see more of the world

They have a fantastic foundation though. If they can sharpen up the gameplay, make it a fully fledged metroidvania, and shit like that I can see the sequel becoming an instant classic. As it is now though I wouldn't even consider this a potential cult classic. Parry is too easy. Some upgrades are just way too fucking good. Enemies don't actually deal enough damage, they're more of a threat when they knock you back into environental hazards.
Lots of little things that would be great to fix.

>having a good time, doing well
>get to esdras

Attached: 5235.jpg (1320x803, 186K)

When you go out/in doors on each side the number increases. The corpses give you a hint

>+Surprisingly fun obtuse puzzles, not La Mulana-tier but fun enough to think about, most likely from the dev's experience in making The Last Door games

This. This is actually the best part of the game. I never expected it at all.

Only thing i really dislike is that there is some Front/Back areas, but they are not marked on the map.
Iron Bars are not marked on map either, and neither is relics you have found ,but can't reach.

How do you get oil? It says I'm missing a container?

Bloodstained spoiled me with the option to put a marker in the map, now any castlevania that doesn’t have this is just that little bit disappointing

you dont need anythign i just did it without that item
just keep holding down Up-Right on D-Pad and keep pressing jump

Just bait his swing and parry. But don't get hit by his blue shockwave that he does sometimes.

I really miss that in this game. I don't want to use a guide, but there's no way I'm going to remember all those shitty rooms with roots and other shit I already passed.

What am I supposed to do with this hatched egg?

You can block his spin attack that doesn't create lightning, and also his red attack. This gives you a lot of opportunity to punish him.

Once he's down to about half health just dodge around his lightning strike slam, and crouch to avoid those energy waves.

When his sister shows up, you can just block her attacks.

Take it to the statue in the village and get it blessed.

I like the writing. You wouldn't guess that the writer's not english with how verbose the game is.
The voice acting is so and so, true

Guys i helped the Pilgrim but still have 2 fingers, also i cant find the Sisters Boss. I searched for hours.

can someone tell me where is the trader guy? i forgot

Hey, what's this i read with the guy that turned into wood? i never saw any such npc, and i beat the game
Another question, can you meet the chick that you fight just before you go meet the Father?
also, the game is really nice and i hope more bigger games use this aesthetic

Attached: 1545347791194.jpg (500x491, 29K)

Sisters are inside the bell, you have to go through a bunch of fart gas rooms, if you go through a bunch of bullshit you get a relic that makes you immune from fart gas.

Its a big tree, you will see it the first time you go to the mountains. Ask and give you items.

I've pretty much bruteforced him with a nice healthbar, just dodged the lightning and his counter.
>tfw looked at it and didn't think much about it
I thought it was related to me activating the elevator. Fuck, now I need to go to Cistern AGAIN.

What a homo

I did the spikes zone, what bell? Also i already have the item but is not inmune.

I agree. The priests the Church sends should be better at their job, but the people is also responsible for their actions and to seperate idolatry and veneration, religion and superstition.

>if you go through a bunch of bullshit
I love being impaaled by rooms filled with floors that fall apart and épee ghosts.+ plus swarms of those bellfuckers.

>don't actually deal enough damage
Depends on the enemies, big bell fucks and most stuff after the bridge deals sizeable damage.
I think it's the opposite, they just die way too fast (you can kill most in one-two openings after attacks), but also the game needs better upgrades to make the longer combat not boring.

In Jondo, there are some statues holding chains, you have to break both those statues. Then go to the spot with the big bell gong, you hit that and then you can get into the area that will have the sisters. The rosary item the merchant sells just makes the gas less deadly, the actual relic that makes you immune to gas is inside the bell.

Project Helios sounds good. A shame it is in early develop

Any idea where this one is?

Attached: last_bone.png (428x447, 35K)

Can you even see what each bone is in the crypt?

Super Metroid spoiled me by having both a automap that actually marks stuff
And a endgame upgrade that lets you reasonably bulldoze entire rooms to search for hidden bomb spots.

Is the Big Bell in Londo? I destroyed statues but i forgot about the bell.

They never leave your inventory screen for status, so yes.
Each bone that isn't a left/right duplicate also has unique art.

The worst part was actually making it past all that shit and then dying to gas just trying to get to the relic.

Yes, I don't remember where but you can see it moving in the background.

Still, wish you could hover over them or something.

you like dark devotions gameplay better? Never could finish dark devotion because of a bug which happened after I died to the last boss.

How do I use the empty bile vessels? Do I need to talk to someone?

dark devoiton plays like absolute shit, i couldnt tolerate 10 mintues of it

Find a blood fountain and pay some money to get an extra vessel.

Find a blood statue

awful

Thanks

I hope this game encourages more people to pick up Salt and Sanctuary.

Attached: Spindlefucker.png (954x662, 214K)

>Beat the lightning fucker by the tree
>Apparently it doesn't come back if you die
Thank fuck I went through Graveyard of the Peaks first and got some upgrades from there

Checked it out just now because you mentioned, the art style is horrible, no thanks.

>be a full on tank spec with max defence and armor
>this bitch doesn’t one shot me
>my swing isn’t fast enough
>the second one gets me
Ah good times

What causes the quest to fail? I saved that area for after I beat the first real boss and all I got was "No Answer" when I checked it.

they are responsible in this world, but in hte next world they are forgiven if they fall short.

Aksk youself this, do Catholics in the civilised qorld (not MExicans and Voodoo catholics in the Carribean) go to hell if they miss church? No so long as they try and go and be forgiven for their sins as often as they can.

please help

what do i do with the gold and the last 3?

Attached: file.png (1920x1080, 75K)

>477705612
Make offerings to a big egg.

The gold, black veil, and wedding sash thing are offered to an egg thing in one of the lower areas.

I'm totally into the artstyle and Castlevania aesthetic of this game, but is it cryptic as fuck? I wanna buy it, just don't want to go through some Simon's Quest whirlwind shit.

Thanks for the bump.
>first run is 2H mace
>have to time the slow-ass swing to one-shot them
definitely a miniboss in of themselves

Well if you just wanna beat it, it's doable.
If you want 100%, you're gonna have a bad time

Should I accept her help?

It's obscure as fuck for certain items and endings

You don't need any movement upgrades or anything to beat the game. If you want to 100% there's a bunch of cryptic quests and puzzles to do for items.

Depends. How much do you waifu her?

where do you get more rope or whatever to increase the slots? ive only found 1 so far

le kickstarter room

how fucking hard is it to copy the GBA/DS metroidvania combat? It's literally 2D perfected.
Why do all these shitty indie games fuck this up?

Attached: AoS_Omnia_Vanitas.gif (250x70, 38K)

Well I'm stumped. I can't for the life of me figure out how to get to the level below me on pic related, and I have the 3 tongues and the blood platforms.

Attached: 20190912093157_1.jpg (2560x1440, 151K)

His final resting place is at the right hand corner of Mother of Mothers. Same level as the fuckhuge censer.

If this game is shit what other games do you guys recommend? Don't wanna waste money

do you ever unlock a double jump or a fast travel mechanic?

While I think the game is pretty good, the price seems just a bit too high.

If you want similar games, Bloodstained and Hollow Knight are fun. Ori and the Blind Forest too, if you don't mind it being easy

Just pirate it, man, fucking whatever.

It's not shit, though.

Anyone know how many red candles there are? Been trying to get the last upgrade for the red wax ball. Blue candles seemed more plentiful than the reds.

Attached: 1567869811885.png (400x400, 287K)

Attached: garbageplatforming.webm (1280x720, 2.34M)

>Aksk youself this, do Catholics in the civilised qorld (not MExicans and Voodoo catholics in the Carribean) go to hell if they miss church?
Depends on which moment in History we're talking about.

>trying to grab a ledge you can't pull yourself from
I don't know what you were expecting bro

more like garbage player

I hated this area so much

Speak with the cow painting, he will give you relic that gives you immunity to falling in pits

double jump no, fast travel yes.

What on earth do you have to do here to open that door on the left? I've killed all three of these enemies already. Do I have to take the chalice somewhere first?

Attached: room.png (3813x2102, 1.15M)

good god this game is meh but now i must finish it because i wanna know how it ends
one thing i like about is that it has a tiny spanish tint to it, which is pretty nifty, i would say
i hate the snow area so much though holy shit

where should I go after the charred face nigga?

Where's the item that lets you jump properly out of the water? I've just got the High Peaks key and I can't seem to find it anywhere

You have to kill all 3 to fill the chalice and bring it back there without dying

You have to kill those 3 enemies without dying and without using warps.

Thanks!
Continue aiding the pilgrim in his journey until he gives you 3 toes and then go here

Attached: here.png (1251x1362, 43K)

HELP GHOST WHORES IS FUCKING ME LEFT AND RIGHT AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Fuck them back with your sacred thrust

>Archbishop fight is all about short opening for combo
>but the fucking beam hitbox can linger for the whole opening

then I hope I unlock some sort of long jump or some mobility abilities, cause I don't see how I'm supposed to get some of the angel babies or to some areas rn

I'm pretty sure you're not supposed to melee all the babies, you can just pop them with ranged and later on you will get prayer that hits the whole screen vertically (but with short horizontal range).

a ok, thanks!

You get a throwable weapon type, plus a few magic abilities that you can also use to get some of them from afar. Exploring for collectable items and doing sidequests will also give you some mobility effects.

I talked to the hermit but I didn't get anything but a "What else must I do" dialogue

>shovel tranny
in to the trash it goes.

Because backward dash is horribly integrated since its generally slower than just walking away?
And most games do not even have the artistic vision to ensure you can freely dodge in all directions, without the need for iframes?

Seeing how they where going for something like Castlevania before hitting good inspiration? I am glad we didn't get that.

Attached: Screenshot (16).png (2560x1440, 483K)

I actually just found that but thanks anyway m8.

Also this game desperately needs a new game plus.

I thought you couldn't get the items on the sewer part but I'm just getting them by spamming jump

So I still don't know if its any good. All of you are playing it but you all hate it. Am I right?

>generally slower than just walking away
lmao

I restarted the game to preserve those thighs.

Is there any way to reach the room above the woman in the tailed gown at the Olive Tree area? It has two door icons on it, however I can't find a way to access it from the bottom or the right door.

Nah, I enjoy it. Now, I don't see myself replaying this game, but it's short enough and interesting enough for a playthrough.

it started off interesting but got meh
maybe i'm just not for this game but fucking hell i just wanna see it end
i like the guy's sword

equip the toes and click around some more

I'm glad they went with conehead

what are these counters for? i keep trying but they do nothing

Attached: blas.png (1913x1067, 327K)

What happens when you get all the cherubs? is it worth the effort, unlike the bones

So I killed skinny man from the demo and the three bitch sisters, I can't get into the door without three so where's the other one? Is it past the toxins?

It's basically people outing themselves as shitters, the difficulty is nice and actually requires you to think. Basically it's DS3 Ringed City when these retards can only handle base DS3

4 2

The corpses give you a hint. Each counter changes when you enter the room.

>tfw used her once without knowing the consequences
At least I have a fetish for older women

You have to go up into the mountains to the convent

its ruined by shitty platforming mechanics

Do you mean up there?

Attached: eh.png (1671x1183, 32K)

>oily tree man
where can I find his oil?

>indie game
>shovel knight cameo
STOP THIS
sell me on blasphemous
the level design looks flat and boring as hell and it's just doing the whole "HURRDURR SOULS CLONE XD" shit, does the level design get any better?

nice, thx bros

Do the bones only give you an alt skin? What a waste

I killed the guy in mercy dreams and the charred face lady
Now what? I've been wandering aimlessly

No, go back to the area of the little fuckers with shields and the women carrying bigass statues

Go west through the sewers into the bell.

ok

Up there maybe? I'm genuinely retarded and don't want to go without knowing I'm not wasting my time.

Attached: ang.png (2703x1341, 67K)

yeah it's up there

Thanks user

okay now how do i open THIS door

Attached: door2.png (3786x2072, 1.02M)