Is there anyone in the vidya industry who had a more meteorific rise?

Is there anyone in the vidya industry who had a more meteorific rise?

Attached: 598856627_preview_TobyFox.png (378x320, 306K)

Yes, Markus Persson

Hidetaka Miyazaki

Toby's a faggot but I'm starting to think he's not as much of a faggot as other devs and I'm actually happy for him that he got in smash as much as I hate his game, and I wrong for this?

Miyazaki's career had a pretty steady buildup with Armored Core, which itself is a pretty popular series, before they figured out the golden formula with Demon's Souls. Hardly a meteoric rise, more like just a standard successful career.

Hating Undertale doesn't make you cool btw

most western indie devs start acting like prima donnas and posting their dumb opinions all over the internet like it's the word of god after tasting a bit of success. Toby Fox looks like a saint by comparison by simply not acting like a chode.

Toby doesn't think your cool either. In fact he told me so.

He is probably going to make Smash after Kekurai leaves or dies

>had barely any knowledge of vidya prior to a few years before joining From
>took a failed/abandoned prototype and managed to turn it into a cult hit
>continued to refine its gameplay until the series became widespread and globally known
>became president of the company and continues making challenging games in an age of casualization
>his series became so synonymous with difficulty that any moderately challenging game released now is immediately compared to it
pretty significant surge if you ask me

Yes, he had a successful career. However it's not an especially unusual one for the industry. First of all, it's normal to not have experience in the industry before you start working in the industry. That's not really special. Secondly, paying your dues working on other projects for a while before making a smash hit which gets you noticed and swiftly promoted is how pretty much all of the big name/popular video game designers got where they are.

Toby Fox is unusual in that literally the first commercial video game project he ever worked on was a massive hit. That's only happened very few times.

its just meteoric

But meteorific sounds cooler

don't act like Toby came out of nowhere either, he had a fuckton of Kickstarter funbux and the Homestuck community backing him up from his previous work, and unlike Miyazaki had already had some experiencing modifying games like the EB romhack he made

He's been keeping himself in a very professional PR friendly manner, unlike most indie devs who act extremely immature and go full retard after gathering a small fanbase.

Toby's game got popular and I think that made him realize he could use to go far in the industry so he took the opportunity.

I heard Toby was already known in the romhacking community though

How many of you didn't tell yourselves because of meme skeleton?

Toby never thought his game was gonna get more than a 7 and would get decent reviews w/o being more than a small cult classic, as it initally was shortly after release.
He's just not a lolcow in any real way, considering he's been mostly humbled by his acceptance of his game. He's also not worth spamming and making these retarded threads about though, talk about games, not people who make games for once.
For those that don't like undertale, what do you not like most? I'd say my biggest issue is the high replayability but lack of drive in wanting to, considering nearly the first half is so samey and honestly barely even engaging after the first time.

Attached: D_YQgQtWsAAkrnk.jpg (1536x2048, 429K)

There are a lot of things that I could say that I disliked about it but the worst of them for me is the writing. Characters are too one dimensional for me to care, the humor was really bad for me.

I have no idea why people shill toby so much. It looks like he's the only successful case in the whole world.

Probably your moms boyfriend when your dad was passed out on the dining room table (convertable bed)

Hollow Knight devs, only they're not attention whoring faggots.

His story wasn't even that much of an underdog story to be that much inspirational as people make it out to be.

Unfortunately Toby Fox's peak will be Undertale. Its fanbase grew too fast and too autistic, he will always struggle with retardedly high expectations as well as hopeless worship from his fans.

Attached: 1543502424797.jpg (584x575, 50K)

>Is there anyone in the vidya industry who had a more meteorific rise?
Dean Hall.
Notch.

I'd agree but Deltarune is a thing, and it looks like it'll live up to Undertales legacy just fine

How do you manage to do this bait thread every single time and people always 100% fail for it?

Toby is one of the few indie devs that don't have an airheaded "im better than you stinky gamers" personality to him

Notch

Not so sure I agree, it's already very derivative of Undertale. How far the differences will end up being is yet to be seen, but the reliance on his old material just makes me worry.

Toby Fox raped me

ok zoe

YoshiP. No one knew who the fuck he was until he helmed a successful reboot of one of the biggest AAA flops of the decade.

Sit down, furfag. Here's a real dev

Attached: 2835292-9hgsdxub19al.878x0.z-z96kyq.jpg (512x640, 61K)

>Toby never thought
bullshit
he pulled the same thing with Toriel. "oh, i had no idea this character would be so popular!" the fuck you didn't. you knew furries existed. he knew exactly what he was doing

Attached: n2pfkwes95531.jpg (1824x1026, 313K)

Toby's real name is Robert btw. You can see it on his patent paperwork online.
You know that Tem named Bob? That's him.

except for that one time a literal child messaged him saying "I think you're great a music, I want to be just as good someday!" and he proceeded to rip in to said child so badly the kid deleted all of his content from the internet

Attached: dims.jpg (530x348, 32K)

Post screencaps. I wanna see toby destroy a child

it was on his old blog, i have no idea if it even exists anymore. it's where he revealed he was using NES VST for his triangle bass.

I hear you can access it if you look down the collar of your shirt and spell attic out loud.

Go back to working on Smash, Sakurai.

i don't get it

oooooh

Attached: 3f5b892b57ab3f3fe41136f0cc7225b4.png (1731x2000, 1.41M)

One of the few devs that didn't turn into an obnoxious political opinion poster after fame.
I'd say he's based even if I don't care for his games.
More indies need to be like this.

Attached: 1568162828781.png (473x454, 7K)

Actually it does. Because only retarded nerds that pretend to like earthbound pretend to also like undertale. Or they are zoomer shitsuckers that have never played it and only harlem shake to megalofaggia so being cool is the only alternative.