ITT: Games you love that nu-Yea Forums hates

ITT: Games you love that nu-Yea Forums hates

Attached: 09-_final_fantasy_ix.jpg (3996x1483, 379K)

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.thegia.com/news/n990524a.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

literally best ff game vii and vi fags fuck off

All of them

Don't you mean reddit/resetera hate, we need to deport all this illegals back where they came from.

Nobody actually hates IX. Vivi is one the best charadters in ff.

Attached: 1548448565242.jpg (540x405, 25K)

No one hates FFIX. No one even talks about FFIX. It was an irrelevant game back then, it sold very poorly for Final Fantasy standards. It’s still an irrelevant game to this game.

sales doesn't take emulation into account

Bang bang bang pull my devil trigger

Attached: 1559229427313.jpg (800x800, 65K)

Games you hate that nu-Yea Forums loves.

Attached: 1542772503455.jpg (1200x800, 187K)

FFX and FFXIII

everyone hates ff9

A little bit, most people who emulate probably want to play old games they played in the past compared to people wanting to try something for the first time.

People just hate the retarded fans that think this is some sort of masterpiece when it's one of the most generic, boring and uninspired games Squared released.

I don't know a single person who claimed to have liked it back in the day, when it came out. Most of my friends didn't like it because it deviated so much from the FF aesthetic

I usually post the pasta but I'm going to see if someone else posts it this time. Do not disappoint me

>deviated so much from the FF aesthetic
When the concept art leaked, everyone thought it was a joke

archive.thegia.com/news/n990524a.html

IX was a bad Final Fantasy. It had absolutely terrible equipment, skill, and ability systems that allowed no room for players to shape their characters in any way. The trance system going off outside of your control was even worse designed than VIII's limit spamming. The combat was slow and boring and the only interesting mechanic AT ALL was the dynamic between Steiner and Vivi, and it didn't really add anything to the game at all. It had a terribly boring setting that's only praised by "classic fans" because it didn't emphasize sci-fi, completely disregarding that Final Fantasy has used sci-fi elements from the start of the series. Your cast consisted of characters like Freya who were completely forgotten by the plot after their usefulness to the story was up, characters like Quina who basically just showed up whenever the game felt you needed a 4th party member and didn't do ANYTHING of any relevance, and characters like Amarant who I'm still trying to figure out why he was added to the game. The protagonist and antagonist being "space alien grim reaper brothers" is by far the worst plot twist in the series, much worse than either the orphanage in VIII or "You're a dream Teedus" could ever hope to be.

The worst part of all? In a series that's known for its innovation in its genre, Final Fantasy IX bitched out and actively BACKTRACKED to boring, outdated, mechanics. At least the early games it was a callback to were innovations of their time like the ATB system in IV, and at least for the PSX titles VII, VIII, and Tactics all tried to do new things with turn-based RPGs, storytelling, and world building even if it didn't please everyone- whereas IX actively decided to say fuck that, and appeal to idiots who want video games to stagnate.

It was boring and had nothing unique going for it. In fact, nothing about the game is particularly memorable. It has no sense of identity for itself and just takes after previous titles.

hey man i liked ff9 too. one of my favorites too. i've enjoyed quite a few numbered titles though. i simply can not stand 8, however

>simply can not stand 8, however
:(

>get accused of only liking this game because of sexy robots despite enjoying playing the shit out of Nier Gestalt
I can't even enjoy this game anymore because of you autistic cunts

Attached: 1560753100562.jpg (460x215, 51K)

Automata is very highly rated, it just takes forever to start making sense/going anywhere. Wouldn't blame anyone for dropping it after ending A

Eh, nu-Yea Forums is just stubborn when it comes to overlooking its faults. It's stupidly easy to get high tier gear almost from the get go and the directional combat was a huge step back from Daggerfall where it affected your weapon's damage as well as it's accuracy. In Morrowind the only thing it impacts is damage. Because of the damage values on most weapons there's basically no reason not to just turn on "use best attack", especially when it comes to spears since the only real way to do any meaningful damage with them is thrusting attacks.

9 is easily the worse out of VI-X

You're the worst of the top 2 people above this post

Apart from the character designs, it was pretty good when you get used to them.

Too slow

Was there not a tie in with Coca Cola when it came out? Zidane and pals all pictured with cans?

ITT: nu-Yea Forums calling other people nu-Yea Forums

Nu-Yea Forums is just zoomers being zoomers there opinions don't matter. Ignore them or blow there heads off one by one if only man...

I can see the complaints people have, but I love this game. It is annoying we don't even have a /vg/ general to find crews, so im stuck using open crew or the shitty discord.

Attached: seaofthieves.png (512x512, 292K)

>deviated so much from the FF aesthetic
we aren't talking about VII

>no one talks about it
you are joking right?

to be fair there has been a lot of hate for this game before zoomers were zoomers.
However wrong they were it was mostly 8 fags who would constantly shit on 9 because it wasnt 8.

i miss this lil nigga

unironically more divisive here than OoT

Attached: SI_GCN_TheLegendOfZeldaTheWindWaker_image1600w.jpg (1600x800, 219K)

Games released before the Playstation and N64 ruined gaming.

Attached: 1562240703282.png (548x398, 249K)