Project Sakura Wars

youtube.com/watch?v=116Npr5Syd4
Thoughts?

Attached: maxresdefault-2.jpg (1280x720, 127K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sntuHfKmm3s
youtube.com/watch?v=oaROaoIIg4A
youtu.be/lDk5l-xwuOY
youtu.be/7naMteuoOB8
youtube.com/watch?v=4fPwI64Svqo
youtu.be/JM6mAZntZ6U
youtube.com/watch?v=1Zn8lrzHF3U
youtube.com/watch?v=LJCk9qkzVDk
frontlinejp.net/2019/09/12/shin-sakura-wars-new-information-released-tgs-2019/
tonarinoyj.jp/episode/10834108156683058404
youtube.com/watch?v=iuhljDCZ7tU
youtube.com/watch?v=hOIiw2iVmXM
youtube.com/watch?v=3zyjHUnRVCo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>no gameplay

red flags

boxart looks dope

Attached: EEOuZJ8U8AAcrbd.jpg (1178x1500, 353K)

based retard

Uh... user

Attached: 1414728199620.gif (640x360, 2.11M)

>ps4 exclusive
>costs me a liver and a kidney to import ps4 games from Japan
Fucking hell. Why did it have to be like this?

sony won again

Coming to the West

Sakura a cute!

CUTE

Playing games in English is boring.

Duel audio was confirmed when this game was announced.

Those are all cutscenes retard

>generic anime art style
Instant trash.

I honestly wonder if they're even going to bother dubbing it.

Why don't Japanese games ever decorate interiors? They're always so bland and empty.

So is it an RPG or action game or what? is this just a VN?

>Dude walk around and talk to people LMAO

Action RPG + dating sim

youtube.com/watch?v=sntuHfKmm3s

The dubbbed the first Sakura Wars released in English and that had even less people talking about it. Seriously that was a huge flop and I didn't think another would come to the west.

Ahhh, that's much more interesting a video than the one posted above. Thank you. Unfortunate you have to play as some fuck.

always bet on Kubo's designs.

this is coming to the west right?

Attached: TiteKubo1_500-56a5e16a5f9b58b7d0dee752.jpg (365x500, 29K)

It has real time mecha battles

>that guy's running animation

Attached: 1567980376860.png (450x393, 90K)

Yes. It was literally confirmed right after the initial announcement. It has a 2020 date at the moment for the West.

Yeah it's a little odd, the video itself doesn't help and looks like some motion blur too which always makes shit look bad.

>gameplay video
>there's no gameplay
what did they mean by this?

The other countries' teams are designed by different people right? I think I remember reading it somewhere.

Yes.

Always thought this franchise was really ahead of its time and would have been Eva-tier huge if it came out around 2010 or so

Everything but the gameplay looks good so far.

Attached: file.png (1920x1080, 2.14M)

TGS demo gameplay. Too bad it's not direct feed.
youtube.com/watch?v=oaROaoIIg4A

I'm fine with the all the old main characters coming back evil designed like that, except it would be better if they're all pregnant, carrying a monster child in their wombs.

And then when you battle one and beat her, the second time you fight her, her clothes get completely destroyed, showing off her glorious and naked body, floating in the moonlight, where she suddenly gives birth to a monster spawn and her baby merges with her body, giving her a second form, and then the real battle begins

When's the theme song get released?

What have they done to my waifu?

Sakura Wars was huge, what the fuck are you smoking? There's a reason it tops all the polls, there's a reason Sega has 4 character designers, a manga, and probably like 50 stage shows already planned.

>that Kubo sameface art

Attached: 1555339745500.gif (280x296, 1.61M)

>germans are designed by the GuP guy

Attached: sak.jpg (847x579, 79K)

I love the outfits and the theme song, but the characters themselves aren't that standout.

wait thats sakura? what the hell

German's koubu look the best.
Seeing the off screen gameplay though.... It looks like a worse than musou button masher.

no one knows if that's actually her yet, she's called yasha here

I don't know anything about this series but that gameplay vid was slick and stylish as fuck. And that brown chick is a fucking semen demon as is the fiery tomboy

Honestly, even if it's just a straight up musou, it'll probably still be slightly more fun than the very dull strategy of the old titles. Switching characters will probably add a bit of longevity to it.

Oh come on, it's Sakura. They might do a clone cop-out or something, but it's her.

yes, that's the point I'm making, it's even the same VA, but it's intended to bait the veterans into caring about the new game

Men of taste were already interested when they showed off Sumire in the first broadcast, you pleb.

They didn't release V in the west until 5 years after it had already been out in Japan, and put it on the PS2 four years after the PS3 had launched. There was a Wii port too, yeah, but those who were into it already played the import and those who might have been into it just didn't hear about the game.

>ywn get kubo'd again
I want more of Burn the Witch.

If the combat is dmc/bayo/platinum style I'm skipping this.
I despise stylish action games so much.

It's a story game with some action segments to cut up the text, dude.

>generic anime art style
kubo is a hack

What the hell that looks fun

> not liking Kubo's artwork

plebians detected

> redditmedia

Yeah, but I've been planning it in the budget for a while now.

Attached: Y16280.jpg (1640x833, 473K)

This needed to stay Japanese only.

why?

Because.

EOPs are still delayed at least 6 months or so, we can stay comfy until then.

Then we'll get the flood of "TRANSLATE OLD GAMES FOR ME" and brainlets whining about an anime game having anime writing.

Revolting to even imagine EOPs getting Sakura Taisen games.

Appearently some pedotranny from ResetEra was translating the first game.

I've never played Sakura Wars before, so I wouldn't know.
It looks nice though, and I like games with and extreme story focus, to the point that I like VNs devoid of game.
I heard that the series used to be an SRPG, and that sounds nicer than action.

post yfw it's an action rpg

Attached: 1529429838391.gif (1336x1358, 2.34M)

>clearly a Japanese girl in a Japanese setting
>has blue eyes

Literally why?

Attached: 1561958475179.jpg (1010x1006, 107K)

Attached: b4.jpg (869x437, 315K)

>we haven't seen any Aizen in years
It hurts bros

Anime girls are basically a race of their own.

youtu.be/lDk5l-xwuOY
youtu.be/7naMteuoOB8

Attached: a0c299bd-5b80-4576-b984-7cf11c09c711.jpg (1920x1080, 989K)

It doesn't matter who's working on it, they'd never actually finish it. Even with a PC port.

Now these are the exclusives that make me want a PS4.

Can the game include the Kanadegumi too?
youtube.com/watch?v=4fPwI64Svqo

Attached: 61clNf4oSbL.jpg (500x494, 92K)

Would you prefer pachislot?

Attached: file.png (1920x1080, 3.1M)

>the mech and the girl couldn't be any more obviously drawn by different artists who couldn't quite agree on shading

Is there a cutscene rip for this, or do you have to fly over there and waste a few thousand dollars on balls to see it?

I wonder if we'll get something half as good when this comes west

I doubt it'll be as deep as those.

youtu.be/JM6mAZntZ6U

We're gonna see her duet with nuSakura at the next big concert right?

Anyone with access to get direct feed footage from a machine like that wouldn't be inclined to do so because they'd prefer people come in and pay to see it. Handheld camera footage at best.

There are hour long videos of dudes playing the machine on youtube, but no actual rips.

Attached: fb0fa936-2627-406c-b66b-bb3114bd81ec.jpg (1920x1080, 803K)

This is strictly exclusive to PS4, right?

For now. Sega have been doing a lot of ports lately, so maybe it'll come to PC at a later date.

Totally okay with waiting for this, so hoping it does. At least they're seeing how valuable the PC market is now, especially with the Yakuza titles.

>Jap dub
Where is the western dub at?

Cause some of the yazuka team actually helped on this game I heard

How does one get into Sakura Wars? Should I just wait for this one?

I wish they would have kept it as an SRPG instead of action.

Learn Japanese.

>How does one get into Sakura Wars?
Authentically.

Attached: 4718.jpg (900x1200, 362K)

PSP Version is even more authentic, with the original Saturn episodes, and cheaper to get.

He litteraly copy-pasted Erika (almost up to the name), and that's fine.

Attached: 1566664024486.jpg (600x782, 52K)

What they still haven't revealed is who's this and who's this. They show off two characters from each of these teams and then have a third mech in the back. Berlin only has two mechs for some reason.

Attached: 倫敦上海.jpg (3840x1080, 821K)

Yeah, if you only want to play 1 and 2. Sakura Taisen 3 has some of the best parts, and 4's not bad either (it's just short).

I still hope the 3rd Shanghai member is Kohran, but I somehow feel it is not going to be the case, too bad

Attached: 40628572_p0.jpg (800x685, 545K)

It's a possibility, I guess, but why would they mysteriously conceal the identity of the third London pilot? We haven't had any previously established English characters in the games, have we?

Graphics look amazing. Have 3D finally reached the level of 2D?

Attached: Project-Sakura-Wars_20190801_20.jpg (1920x1080, 1.07M)

Nope, that's why I think we won't have Reni or Kohran in the Berlin and Shanghai teams. May be they just keep the reveal of those three for another stream, they still have 3 months to cover.

Feels great man. When I saw this initially it looked cool but I was put off because the series is traditionally SRPG, but hearing it's an ARPG instead is great news because I'll be able to enjoy it. Looking forward to getting it!

Attached: 187.gif (500x267, 885K)

Not quite because the actual 2D footage still looks better.

Attached: sanjou.webm (1280x720, 1.16M)

Are you blind?

Do I have to play though all the previous ones to know what's going on in this?

Of course not, this is a soft reboot

I thought we all agreed that head patting was to be banned from FE fates onwards for overseas japanese video game releases. Are you saying that the seal has been broken? Or is the OP image deceptive in some way?

Cool. I guess I somehow missed that. I was wondering why no one looked like they did in the first one, but I just attributed that to difference in art style.

See

It's also sort of a The Next Generation thing. Sakura Taisen V (released in 2005) takes place in 1928, which Shin Sakura Taisen takes place in 1940.

Sweetie, that's the Japanese version.

looks fine I guess. did japan finally figure out how to do anime in 3D? I see more anime games actually look decent now.

m-mommy!

Attached: 1567799596159 (1).jpg (1200x675, 120K)

Attached: the-stance.jpg (1280x720, 145K)

This. The game looks awful

>anime game looks like anime
Okay.

Attached: EEO76gmUYAAeb3d.png (600x450, 542K)

>voiced by Chisa Yokoyama
They're not even hiding it

Attached: Project-Sakura-Wars_2019_09-11-19_009.jpg (600x765, 53K)

If you count THAT as gameplay you're retarted

New loli nice. A loli harem that ride my dick all night. Very good game but sadly it's on snoy so skip.

Based Titty Kubo. Game looks sick.

Kubo Tite """art""" looks like dogshit

Is that Saori Hayami voicing the blond slut in the video?

Yes

>Lmao no gameplay
>It's literally there
>WTF DOESN'T COUNT REEEEE

Attached: 1556370991315.jpg (298x363, 49K)

Never played a Sakura Wars game in my life but this looks like exactly my sort of thing.

It's harem visual novel.

exactly my sort of thing.

Is it actually harem or do you need to pick a girl?

You saying it like it's a bad thing
You pick a girl to marry user! Don't cheat!

>You pick a girl to marry user! Don't cheat!
Hardly a harem then is it.
I liked playing the Rance games because you could have an actual harem.

Not sure desu. Only played some of the wii game. It was fun.

You can hang out with any of them during the story, but by the end of each game you tend to settle down with just one.

Attached: Sakura.Taisen.full.414943.jpg (946x2112, 1.13M)

Didn't say that's a bad thing.
Think Azami and the german loli will be dickable?

Wrong. Kubo is a misunderstood genius. In Bleach lot of people like to criticize the lack of backgrounds, but that is a calculated move on Kubo's part. He does that to keep the focus on the characters and whats happening in a scene, and it works wonderfully. It's called minimalism and a legit portrayal of art, since it allows to focus more on the characters. The use of white space really brings out the expressions of the characters and you can almost feel what they are feeling. I absolutely love this panel of Gin Ichimaru, and I don't think it would have the same effect if it had a background and the use of white space is one of the reasons why I think it works so well (though keep in mind I think it works better when you read through the scene).

Kubo: "For me, drawing comics is not about drawing lines and faces, but about portraying the mood. So whether or not you're working on a novel or a comic, you work to portray the mood on paper with words and drawings. Like for example backgrounds. Backgrounds can tell you where a character is, but I don't think it's that important. I don't want to draw a background if the focus is on the character. In Bleach, a lot of the times when a new character appears, I leave the background white. I want the reader to feel the mood the character gives when they're there. Characters make the setting real, so I keep that in mind when I work on each character."

Kubo: "Backgrounds distract the reader from what's going on inside the character. Whenever I leave backgrounds out, this is to allow my readers to see the heart of the character.”

Other artists are paranoid and attempt to fill their panels with schizophrenic and pointless detail, failing to consider what is really important in the story. Kubo was clearly the right choice for character designer as his well red, and deep understanding of Japanese myth and folklore allow him to insert subtle and profound messages into the appearance of each character.

Attached: the heart.jpg (782x1280, 50K)

I don't think anywhere has the full-length version, but they played the minute-and-a-half OP cut during one of the first events months ago.
youtube.com/watch?v=1Zn8lrzHF3U

Honestly, everything but the battle gameplay looks absolutely fantastic. As long as that is just mediocre and not straight up bad I think I will love this game.

It's literally just walking around and talking to NPCs, where's the gameplay?

In the video released yesterday instead of the video released three months ago in the OP.

Kubo got fucked by the weekly Jump work culture tbqh
He doesn't fit with it

The script translations have been on gamefaqs for like 20 fucking years now

My favorite part of these threads is when EOPs come in and say they've never played a Sakura Wars game before. No shit, you only had one to choose from.

I'm worried about the new title, I don't think we've seen any victory poses yet.

I'll take Kubo over Fujishima who hasn't been good since 2001

They also haven't shown off the endings of the game yet. The previous games all had ending cutscenes for each girl.

I'm curious if the girls from the other troupes will be pursuable. Even if it's just a "nah, fuck these whiny bitches, I'm going to London to FUCK Lancelot" type ending cutscene at the end. That'd be some 10/10 shit, and it wouldn't even be too hard to implement.

Bleach really would've been better off being a monthly title

It's an even longer shot, but I want a Kaoru route.

Attached: person_character08.png (1028x2440, 337K)

100% out. If we're talking pure fantasy here, I hope the game is 500 hours long and every second is so gripping I forget to eat and starve to death.

>I hope the game is 500 hours long and every second is so gripping I forget to eat and starve to death
Same

Ai-chan?

Attached: what the fuck.jpg (441x453, 24K)

Are pink ribbons ruined forever because of this slut?

Sakura wears hers on the side, Kizuna wears hers straight up. Completely different.

>Are pink ribbons IMPROVED forever because of this slut?
Dozo i fixed it.

Attached: 1496387051767.jpg (669x696, 78K)

>It's a fucking slasher / musou

Attached: kms.png (600x600, 210K)

You can only pick 1

Attached: sakura-wars-2019.png (1675x929, 1.45M)

Close call with Anastasia, but I'll go for Elise. Too bad we probably won't be able to date the other teams

Attached: 1564465585560.jpg (750x1050, 91K)

Pigtails and tall hooker are a massive improvement, ftm rukia is shit either way and the blonde one is okay at best.

I can’t believe sega is making video games again.
Hopefully we get a new VF soon.

Honestly thought that was Kizuna Ai at first glance.

Mizuki Nana

Come to think of it, the uniform designs seem to be slightly less uniform and more individually styled this time around.

Attached: uniform_character.jpg (2127x929, 484K)

She’s next smash dlc.

why are the mechas look so chibi can we get something menacing for once

I want her to touch my peepee!

For me, it’s Iris!

Attached: 588B38FD-A64D-480A-878C-F640F383DC0F.jpg (640x480, 55K)

>2 of the girls are basically men with tits
>the loli is ugly and has bad personality
>there's a dumb fat cow character
>the only one left is the vanilla one
That's the worst harem I've ever seen

>short one could give you standing blowjobs if not for her 10cm platforms

Attached: file.png (647x494, 704K)

It can’t be worse than cowboy girl, fast food slut and loli bitch.

Imagine being surrounded by cute girls, and you go for the annoying child instead.

For me the guy singing Geki! Teikoku-Kagekidan is the best version.

>It can’t be worse than cowboy girl
But there's steak.
youtube.com/watch?v=LJCk9qkzVDk

>cowboy girl
Weeb cowboy girl

Iris is both cute and funny.

Attached: 86241150-35D7-497E-A125-EF3885CA5381.jpg (700x860, 109K)

Jesus fuck the gameplay looks like garbage.

It's my first ST3 playthrough.

Attached: Coquelicot.600.413507.jpg (435x600, 78K)

On the other hand, Coquelicot has cat magics.

Attached: ocelot.png (640x480, 232K)

Guy>Sakura>Blondie>Tomboy>Ninja>Brown

Hey man, I didn't say shit about Coquelicot. Loli characters are fine, but Iris is just fucking annoying.

frontlinejp.net/2019/09/12/shin-sakura-wars-new-information-released-tgs-2019/

Make your bets
>She's Sakura(OG)
>She's a clone
>She's is just a bait and switch to draw oldfags

Maybe she's a Sakura from yet another alternate universe where they spell Taisho yet another way.

If anything Sakura Wars gets in Smash it will be OG Sakura

It can be reference to ST2 and Sakura's dad. Or just scenarist's impotency.

He looks like he's wearing a fucking bathrobe because it's way too long, because of the color, the lack of epaulettes, the lack of a proper collar and the fucking belt especially.
It looks like some shit from Bleach. Rest of the characters are fine.

Attached: chara_img_okita.jpg (968x492, 256K)

Not a fan of the combat, it looks pretty basic and no difficulty behind it.

Oof, that's going to make costs higher than they need to be, i wonder why they took this decision

They might have done it for the opposite reason. Maybe it was too expensive to have Kubo design more than the main cast.

Looks Musouish, not really my thing

Because they're going all-in on this.

>>Oof, that's going to make costs higher than they need to be
Do you not understand how much money Sega is putting into this? If they're relauching Sakura Wars, they're going big or going home. They've got a manga coming out in Young Jump as cross promotion, probably warehouses filled with goods, plans for a sequel already, nothing about these is "testing the waters".

Incidentally, the manga's first chapter is out now, just found it while searching.
tonarinoyj.jp/episode/10834108156683058404

>Cause some of the yazuka team actually helped on this game I heard
So
>series that's traditionally an SRPG becomes an ARPG/musou
>while series that's traditionally a brawler becomes a turn based RPG
Neat!

Oh, we got a 7-year-old Sakura in here too.

Attached: double-sakura.jpg (1403x1080, 719K)

>we want the tranny audience
They know how to appeal to the western market

>shitty loli is romancable
>qt loli isn't
Fuck Kubo and fuck his shitty designs

Attached: Project-Sakura-Wars_2019_09-11-19_006.jpg (600x338, 63K)

What does that word even mean anymore?

fug. This is the first I'm hearing about it and I got all excited thinking it was going to be an SRPG.

>young man with tits
>shota with no tits
>older man with tits

Attached: Clipboard01.jpg (1064x929, 178K)

Is that Kyon narrating?

Attached: 1552504767835.jpg (918x875, 298K)

Gameplay looks so fucking boring and repetitive

The idea of something thinking of Sugita as "Kyon" is terrifying.

The strategy was never anything more than "move to enemy, attack, rinse repeat" anyway. Action combat should be a bit more fun to play.

>no tits

Attached: B392465E-13CF-432C-8558-8B5A4DAE8B02.jpg (607x1024, 122K)

Yeah, Sugita voices the mechanic.

Attached: 司馬令士.jpg (1886x1019, 547K)

>no reading comprehension
That's clearly not the shota. That's the titty monster who acts like a man. Not attractive unless you're into men.

It still works out as long as the men are actually 100% female inside.

Attached: jmira.jpg (924x480, 85K)

Choose for me, I can't decide who to go for on first playthrough:
>feisty, tomboy, big titty shrine maiden
>tall, delicious brown, big titty Greek goddess

Attached: worry.jpg (357x336, 76K)

I'm not into dudes. I like Kanna, but she's way down the list. Would totally bro out with, but wouldn't fuck.

You posted the wrong picture, tsundere lolis are the worst type.

Attached: person_character09.png (963x2286, 279K)

>genki shit
Ugh

Not interested until it's on a platform other than the PS4. Fuck the PS4.

Attached: 5_22.jpg (750x1069, 282K)

>have to make her hair twice as long, whiten up her skin, and have her tits falling out of her shirt to be even slightly attractive
Being Kanna must be suffering.

>Not interested until it's on a platform other than the PS4
That would imply there's other relevant platforms lol

Theyre running with action since they felt it had the widest appeal, was hoping for newer vc style combat, maybe something approaching difficulty for once, but this could be decent if theres some depth to it later, though i doubt that will be the case

Is it the title where Kubo was supposed to do clothing desings?

I like VC combat, but I don't know how well it'd really work in a series like this where most of the units are effectively melee.

Mild action with reasons to switch between units might be fun. I'll probably just turn it up to max difficulty to try and get some fun out of the combat sections.

>importing
>not living in Japan
SUCKS TO BE YOU!

I'm just planning on buying digital and playing it at midnight when it comes out.

This cunt turned me into a lolicon. I still remember that scene with her licking the icecream when I played it back then on the DC. From that point on there was no coming back.

Calm down David

Thank God this has some news. Anyone playing Sakura wars on PCSX2? I heard it has problems at chapter 7 and the game won't continue from there.

As well, what settings are you using? Dx11 makes the game look accurate (no visual glitches) but runs at a fucking snail's pace. Dx9 makes the game run fine but there's a bunch of graphical glitches like the sky won't render properly and other stuff.

>each group is designed by a different artist
Retarded choice

So this is why Lime/Purple Haze Stopped making doujins of late
IT NEEDS MORE SUMIRE!

Literallly Yoroichi

Why would you play the PS2 version, and even worse, on a fucking garbage emulator that barely works for well known English games?

I think it adds some nice variation. Not a big fan of the SAO eyes on London, though.

She's Literally an ORC user.
A Cute orc who wants the dicking of her life with a shining knight in paladin armor

I played 1 and 2 on PPSSPP and never had any problems. Maybe you should consider switching to the psp versions.

Orcs aren't cute, though.

Imagine being surrounded by cute elves, and then going "nah, fuck this shit, I'm gonna go fuck an orc who will probably crush my pelvis".

I meant Sakura Wars V.

eh wot?

Attached: 2314440-1359141659.jpg (1440x900, 221K)

What's the best way to play 3 and 4? Is there any way to emulate them or should I just buy a jp dreamcast?

St 4 was starting to differentiate between the melees some though i agree itd be pretty limiting given the roster.

At the same time im not fond of a game where you typically raise your squads motivation, only to use 1 as a backup or play as 1 directly. So again we'll see, maybe itll be fun, or at the very least short

Theres PC ports of all the games though only 3 actually worked proper, 2 had some cut in issues, and 4 you have to force lock the fps to 40 i think or lip/scene syncing goes nuts

Honestly, just getting the "good" responses was its own reward, in battle I just used whoever was best suited to the task anyway.

I am worried that with all the work they're putting into the action segments, they'll want to reuse all the levels a bunch and add in too much action. If it's the same ratio as the old games, it'll be great.

I didn't know there was a port of 3 on the PC. I'll try that, thanks.

Long as the final battles dont take a combined 30~45+ minutes of gameplay. 2 was especially bad for that

Really loving the main girl's design.

Attached: Capture.jpg (439x266, 17K)

FORK YU

HOT!

The combat looks really boring. Looks like hack and slash shit that you see in gundam musou garbage

It's supposed to be Valkyria Chronicles with a bit more AOE and flashy spin-to-win shit.

The color coding gives me some nice voltron vibes.

wow, very disappointed in the combat uniforms that look nothing like combat uniforms, more like shitty superhero costumes. they should all be wearing pants at least, fuck kubo I trusted him to at least get the fashion right. I'd be upset if it weren't for og sakura coming back

shit they barely even look like a team

I want her to look at me like that 24/7

gonna get censored by sony or already is sadly

Nothing to censor like previous games, this ain't senran kagura.

My cock is happy with it

>Fuck off bleach tard nigger poltard neonazi.

yes, it tells you right there whent hey show up

Sakura doesn't sound like I expected her to. She sounds like the redhead from Non Non Biyori

>seething toddler shitposting again

There's still a bath down in the basement.

Probably because it is the same voice actress.

Attached: 湯.jpg (1783x720, 301K)

It's not coming out on Switch, it's safe.

>same voice actress
Well that explains that then

Attached: 1424049589610.gif (500x416, 106K)

Shipping fees aren't too bad, but it's still costing between $75-$150 depending on which version you get.

Attached: impbox.jpg (1104x778, 387K)

Maid Rukia

>Project Sakura Wars
For some reasons I thought it would be related to summer wars.
Looks neat. Though I am not familiar with the series and I am referring to the other YouTube video.

Oh boy I can't wait to play this on PC!

Unironically looks like it would've been better off just being an anime
I like the setting and the visuals and all but this looks really boring to play

There wouldn't even be an anime if the games hadn't gotten super-popular first.

Attached: powch.jpg (800x1023, 302K)

>JRPG with protagonist that isn't silent cardboard
I needed this palate cleanser
I also hear Ayane Sakura and Hayamin which pleases my ears and dick

Attached: 0f10bd1dbecaa2bfd33612bb04d99347.jpg (736x736, 60K)

Sakura Wars has literally sold itself on being a stylized anime game.

That. And it has some anime before.

>Not loving the theatrical
Get a load of these plebs
youtube.com/watch?v=iuhljDCZ7tU

youtube.com/watch?v=hOIiw2iVmXM
It would be cool if this new game get a show

It's absolutely going to have a show. Unless there's some insane scandal a week before launch and public opinion of the game drops to zero.

You just can't even imagine how long fans dreams for modern quality excursion into Grand Imperial Theater or Tokyo of ST.

>breaking news: sega claims that giant robots would be impractical war weapons in real life

Wanna bet the male MC will revealed to be Satan Aoi

Attached: aoi-satan-sakura-wars-in-hot-blood-4.86.jpg (210x240, 18K)

>have to have previous knowledge of games that were never released in my language
God damn it you niggers told me this would be all stand alone

Seeing all the old areas in 3D during the first livestream was the best.

>Character designs for the Schwarzstern were handled by Shimada Fumikane, best known for his work on titles such as Strike Witches, Girls und Panzer, Frame Arms Girl, Busou Shinki, Sky Girls and Alice Gear Aegis.

Sweet! Wish I could change teams.

Attached: ssakura_tgs_20.png (1920x1080, 1.12M)

The theme song is scarily nationalistic

You actually believed him?

It'll be like Nier:automata, you can play it standalone, but you're going to be missing out on the entire backstory and feel absolutely nothing when you're introduced to characters and places you've never heard of.

You should know better user.

HASHIREEEEEEEEEE

Looks like the different national teams will end up in your theater, at least it seemed to be the case for the Germans in the TGS demo.

If it is the case, I will proceed to marry Elise and have cute Axis children with her.

Attached: 1545844681800.jpg (2000x3786, 880K)

My interest in this game is plummeting. I HATE *wink* *wink* *nudge* *nudge* shit when I have no clue what's happening

Attached: 1568145041660.jpg (659x1024, 71K)

5 was the worst game in the series, minus the fact that 4 was essentially a bonus game. It sold like shit in Japan because it wasn't remotely as good as 3.

Also, how could it be a flop when they gave it a limited print in the first place lol

it's okay I bet they're gonna have an infodump about how she looks really similar to Sakura that recaps all the previous games

>>Looks like the different national teams will end up in your theater,
Aren't they all coming for the competition so you can prove that you're now a real troupe who can BTFO all the big boys? I imagine they'll show up for a chapter, say their piece, get destroyed by the power of friendship, and then run away.

It's a cameo retard

Character design is literally the only thing Kubo is good at.

Yea a cameo for a character I know nothing about

Just watch the anime bro

Cute haidomo.

Is it any good or is it one of those anime that rushes everything and shits on the source material

It'll probably be fine. If they're planning a western release they'll probably have some recap stuff, or someone will do something on YouTube for the same thing. I assume the game will still be enjoyable without the knowledge from previous games, people still enjoyed Nier Automata without having touched any of the previous games.

Sega and the devs seem to be giving it their all for this game

I really hope it's a success both here and Japan

Attached: 1367358514841.gif (192x224, 25K)

Only ST: Katsudou Shashin is good.

Is 2019, can't you buy it digital?

Any possible chance of a returning Coquelicot? GOAT Loli.

Sony is anal about accepting credit cards that aren't from the country your account is in, and prepaid PSN cards tend to be overpriced

Besides, Yoneda way back in the first game filled you in on all the necessary backstory for characters from the time before the game started who eventually came back as evil-corrupted villains.

Most of the western players will be new to the series via this game. There'll be some recap video or webpage somewhere to get you up to speed.

And the teams are all melting pots of international cooperation. You've got characters on your team(s) from Japan, China, Russia, France, Italy, Germany, Vietnam, Romania, America, Mexico, Greece, and Luxembourg.

Nope, they were indeed supposed to fight during a World Cup, but its opening ceremony is interrupted by the bad guys/demons. I guess therefore it will be a "We'll stick till we get rid of this threat" kind of scenario, allowing you to recruit the other teams' robots.
Otherwise they wouldn't have cared to give them unique weapons (guns for the Germans, melee fighter for the Chinese).

They've probably thought of this in Japan too. It's been enough years since the previous game that they're going to want to make it easier for new young players to jump in and go even if they're not Western, and the background will be explained for their benefit as well.

Can I play as a girl though?

This, plus WWI never took place to begin with.
That's a thing I like about this series, it is rare for a Japanese cultural product to show that Japan could have taken another path, far from ultra-nationalism.

Yeah, in this universe, the Showa era never began, and also we sorta kinda broke up a major military coup during the course of Sakura Taisen 2.

Should have just sold the game normally, specify that is JP only and make the eventual Eng release an update available.
Steam has this option.

you're asking to get review bombed if you do this with a known series
and the usual japs can't into PC thing
it's just Sony anyways, fucking Nintendo dropped regional restrictions so you don't run into this problem

Companies don't typically give a FUCK about the tiny minority of people who happen to be multilingual and who want to buy a different language version of a game when they don't live in that country.

>Japan could have taken another path, far from ultra-nationalism
That's pretty strange. Their militarism logically rises with imperialism especially after Russian-Japanese War.

still looks better than 3 houses

Go buy RF4S from eShop now and see what happens.

Wtf bros I thought the Japanese hate SNOY??? How could this happen

seems to work fine, you just need to change your account region, the only loss being Nintendo Gold Points, whatever they are

But they do notice them in darkened auditoriums occasionally.
youtube.com/watch?v=3zyjHUnRVCo

The Great Demon War that hit them years prior to the first game really knocked the country into a tangent.

Yes and no. The gap between "soft imperialism" (Japan until Showa) and the ultra nationalism of Showa was crossed mainly because the Taisho reforms, which could have reinforced civil institutions, were ultimately nullified by the post-war economic crisis (difficult post-war reconversion of the industry, growing population who could not migrate to the US anymore).
It eventually reinforced the zaibatsu's influence and gave the frustrated military an opportunity to slowly push their expansionnist agenda. But Japan could have stayed on a British/French-path with mild expansionism mainly driven by economic supremacy. But the economic context decided otherwise.

Not usually. There's a spinoff manga with a girl leading a team of men, but they don't pilot mechs and use musical instruments instead.

One of the stories in Hanagumi Columns 2 does ends with Ohgami getting body-swapped with one of the girls, but that ends abruptly afterwards and you don't actually do anything in that form aside from get accused of naughtiness.

Well, that's a shame.
>a girl leading a team of men
Oof, that's definitely not what I want.

>Implying the combat looks bad
lol no, the combat in the older games was as basic as strategy gameplay gets and was always secondary to the visual novel part. At least here you can do cool stuff like wall running.

Seems shoujo.

Attached: 9k.jpg (616x900, 129K)

>dual audio
>audio
Read the post again.

Have they scheduled any more announcements or interview panels during these upcoming days of TGS, or was day 1 basically all of it?

This is it.

>Nipponland
>Protag talk to himself out loud like an idiot.
*sigh*

Attached: it can't be help.png (1169x900, 1.09M)

Every day. Today is a panel focusing on stuff outside of the game, tomorrow is a panel on the TGS demo and the last day is a music panel.

It can't be helped bro...

仕方ないな

Attached: 1540209958080.png (900x851, 220K)

>MC begging the brown milf to marry him
based

Attached: 9d1.jpg (302x167, 13K)

New info every day at tgs.
13th will be about information regarding Shin Sakura Wars outside the game itself.
14th will be about gameplay.
15th will be about Sakura Wars series' music(and teasing some surprising announcement, but I wouldn't get to hyped about it).

Same, God I need this game.

Does the original game not exist in English at all?

??

None of the original first 4 games were ever translated if that's what you're asking. I know there's at least two attempts to have the first game translated.

*ongoing.

art style is great

Any word on when English patches will actually be finish?

and looks like it'll be light on the gpu's. pretty smart way to compromise.

They're about 10 years deep in patching

It'll be a while.

Like a long while.

Probably about a year after the new game comes out if it does well, because that'll probably spur someone on to actually doing it.

Looks based but my nipponese is terrible so I hope it gets localized.

Already confirmed for 2020 Western release.

>Sony is anal about accepting credit cards that aren't from the country your account is in, and prepaid PSN cards tend to be overpriced
This. Switch is a lot better on this regard. But again, moon reading westerners are such a ridiculously tiny minority that I can't even get mad. Also, if you don't live in the US it gets even worse to import from Japan/buy prepaid PSN cards.

I thought this was a strategy series. Looks like some half assed action garbage. I guess Sega got scared after they fucking killed Valkyria Chronicles. It’s not like another anime strategy game isn’t selling millions in fire emblem or anything.

The appeal of Sakura Wars was never the strategy gameplay.

Spoken like a true EOP. The "strategy" in Sakura Wars was completely braindead, it only served as a vehicle to move you between chapters with a change of pace. It's the complete opposite of something like FE.

I have never played any game in that series. Would I be lost if I start with that one storywise?

problem is that it's not just moon reading people, imagine not having the english version of something despite it being the global language even when the publisher previously offered it for their other games
I assume nintendo dropped their shit because they realize people do import, or even the simple fact that people can genuinely move between countries these days, even if's temporary

I was never a fan of this series but this looks good. I really don't care for mechs but I love the face that you can walk around a Taisho era town.

It feels like I'm watching a low budget anime (redundant) that has waifus as it's only appeal and selling point.

Welcome to Sakura Wars.

FeMC looks like she's a downie.

It's been 15 years, they'll have recaps and shit for you. You're not getting the "full" experience, but even if you played the games now, you wouldn't get that.